Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Hello from Texas!

NEFERTARI

Hello from Texas!

Unread post by NEFERTARI » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:16 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm so happy to be here amongst friends. A little about me, I'm 31, from Texas, and I've been on my spiritual journey for more than 4 1/2 years now after falling off my path for quite some time.

It used to be a lot easier for me when I was younger to hear and communicate and read signs from the universe and my spirit guides. But as of late I do feel that the ways of communication and practice that I'm using aren't making contact as clear and as fast enough as I would hope for.

So after doing lots of research, I had an epiphany, that I should possibly look more into root working since my family heritage is Creole, Native American, and Mexican. I have a friend who is a Santero that has also mentioned this to me after talking about this trouble I am having.

So after reading over the forums and looking over it all the parts of the site, it spoke to me more than the other online communities if been a part of and looked through. I can't wait share and discuss with you all. :D

Blessing everyone!

Nefertari

AceJay
Re: Hello from Texas!

Unread post by AceJay » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:58 pm

Hello Nefertari, welcome! Your story is the same as mine and I'm 30, in Texas too! It used to be a whole lot easier when I was younger too. I'd suggest to start looking into clarity, psychic vision, master key, and king solomons wisdom. These products should help. Check out this post where Cat mentions about a book worth reading too:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=14292

Let me know if you want to learn together or if you need help with making the right purchase. This journey I am on too, it's not easy! But you're at the right place. :)

bluepluma

Unread post by bluepluma » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:59 pm

Hi, and welcome! I also have a similar story as yours. I wish I'd followed my instincts and committed more time to these things when I was younger, but it's never too late.
I am also part Native American, Chickahominy to be exact. As far as I know, my ancestors in Puerto Rico didn't practice Santeria, but I still have an interest in it.

I hope to see you around here!

AceJay

Unread post by AceJay » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:22 am

Hi and welcome bluepluma! Same, let me now if you want to learn together!

NEFERTARI

Unread post by NEFERTARI » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:57 am

Thank you so much AceJay!

I will defiantly look into what you mentioned. Ill be purchasing some of Cat's books as well real soon, the site is very good and informative and I would love any help you'd like to offer.

My cousin is actually getting married soon and although he's not into the lifestyle he lives in New Orleans so I'm more than sure he is familiar with it. I wanted to give him and his wife something special that they can keep in their home to represent their love and to keep their bond strong throughout the years. But I keep racing my brain and can't think of anything so any suggestion would be great.

Thanks for reaching out and it's very nice to meet you.

NEFERTARI

Unread post by NEFERTARI » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:05 am

Hi Bluepluma; very nice to meet you.

I think that when we are younger we tend to be more open to all this but over the years it's almost like a veil is placed over our eyes and only the ones who want to do the actual work can pierce through it.

I'm part Caddo Adai, and my tribe is very very small almost non existing anymore so it's become very important to me to continue to keep our traditions alive. However finding the history we have is hard since it's all word of mouth passed down a lot of my family that practiced traditions are too old or have passed. On my fathers side my great grandmother was a healer and did workings for a lot of people in her small town. I try to channel her when I do my own workings. But enough about me, I hope to share more things in the future and thank you for being so welcoming. :D

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:26 am

Hello, and welcome to the Forum.

If you are interested in spells to bless a marriage, see this web page:

http://www.luckymojo.com/marriage.html

And at the Lucky Mojo Free Spells Archive on Love Spells

http://www.luckymojo.com/lovespells.html

Scroll way down to "6 LOVE SPELLS AND CHARMS TO CELEBRATE MARITAL COMMITMENT"

-- there are some good ideas there, including some which, while not from your own tribe, are of Indigenous American origin and might resonate with you.

You can, if you wish, continue the discussion of that subject in the appropriate love and relationship threads in the forum.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

AceJay

Unread post by AceJay » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:06 am

That was a great suggestion by Cat. I think I have a great idea you may like as well.

Honey jars can be used to sweeten situations. They're simple, creative, and unique, and you can make them in a number of different ways. In my opinion it's not as hard core as a Mojo bag or candle work and may be best for beginners. The jar will contain the energy you put in so if you put in love herbs/roots/curios and little love charms that they've collected over the years, even rings, the honey jar will be at work to share that energy with the couple. It's best if you let them know what it is and that you are making it with all your love and all their love and you will be giving it to them as a gift. What makes it a great gift is this honey/sugar jar can be decorated to multiply the love energy it gives off and it can be placed in any common area to be amazed at it's beauty. You can also open it any time and add more love to it, as well as you can scoop out some honey or sugar and add it to food to "sweeten things up".

It's common to light white, pink, or red candles directly on top of the jar to sweeten things up. It is also suggested, add a petition into the jar something simple like "keep our love strong".

If I was married or in a relationship, I would work with my partner to create this honey/sugar jar together so both of us can put our love energy into this jar and put it by the common area or even in the bedroom where it's energy and beauty can remind us why we love each other. While some folks that don't understand Hoodoo will feel a certain way if they see Hoodoo work but with a honey or sugar jar it doesn't have to be hidden and it can beautiful so people like this will be amazed and likely want one for themselves. I hope you like my idea.

NEFERTARI

Unread post by NEFERTARI » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:02 pm

Thank you both Cat and Acejay for great recommendations. The honey jar sounds exactly what I am look for and I'm sure they happy couple will love it! =)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:06 am

Since you are new here --

These are links to general information on Hoodoo and to give you a jumping off point.

Hoodoo History:
http://luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html

Oils:
http://luckymojo.com/oils.html

Baths:
http://luckymojo.com/baths.html

Powders:
http://luckymojo.com/powders.html

Incense:
http://luckymojo.com/incense.html

Candles:
http://luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

Herbs:
http://herb-magic.com

Conditions and how we can address them:
http://luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

Here is some info on how the forums are set up. It is divided into four parts:

1) News and Announcements about the Lucky Mojo Curio Company and this site.

2) Lucky Mojo Spiritual Supplies and how to use them, listed in threads by product type and product title.

3) Life Conditions and Situations, with recommended Lucky Mojo products, spells, and advice.

4) The Online Hoodoo Community, including sites, events, and outreach sponsored by Lucky Mojo.

When you post, it helps your moderators, who are recompensed volunteers, if you post in the area of the board that is best suited to the archival of your question or comment. That way moderators will not have to move your post or merge it into ongoing threads.

If you can't find a post you made, it may have been moved or merged. Go to your profile by clicking on your name and "search recent posts" -- you will find it.

Within each board section there are STICKY threads -- ones that always stay "stuck" to the top. These are popular discussion-threads that you can read and add to if your questions or comments fall into one of these oft-broached topics. If you don't see a "sticky" that relates to your question, feel free to start a new thread in the relevant section.

We do have a few "thou shalt not" rules here, and they can be found in the Forum Rules link at the top of each page. Most important for newbies are these four common errors to avoid:

1) Please do not come here asking for our formulas for conjure oils or for instructions on how to use spiritual supplies that you bought at a grocery store or at a competitor of ours; this is the Lucky Mojo Forum and is financially supported by the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.

2) Please do not post illegal copies of material from other web sites or from books.

3) Please do not post put-downs of any group of people based on their religion, race, or national origin, including derogatory comments

4) Please do not start new topics

5) Please do not quote people
catherine yronwode

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “2018 Public Forum Introductions”