Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

High John The Conqueror Root Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
katializzibeth710
Re: High John The Conqueror Root Questions and Answers

Unread post by katializzibeth710 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Can High John the Conqueror stand getting wet? Or will he leave the root / die once it's been soaked in water?

I'm only asking because my fiancee had one as a carryroot that was unfortunately put in the wash; we realized and fished John out after a few minutes but now I'm worried he won't be salvageable (there was a luck mojo in there, too, which is definitely dead so I'll have to make him a new one).

I'd just like to know if I can still use the High John once he's dry, and if there is a particular drying process to avoid any mold, or if I will have to invest in new roots.

I held him for a few minutes and there still seems to be a lot of energy in him (really heavy, lively, prickling feeling in the palm of the hand I held him in) but if John's not supposed to get wet I gotta know so he can be buried/properly and respectfully disposed of. Thanks for your time!

- Katia

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:36 pm

katializzibeth710 --

High John the Conqueror is a pretty tough root. It also has a distinctive smell. If, when you dry it, you can still smell it, it is probably fine. A warm heat would help the drying process. After that i would oil the root with John the Conqueror Oil, which is pretty traditional for it.

The mojo hand, however, as you noted, is dead.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

katializzibeth710

Unread post by katializzibeth710 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Perfect! Thank you so much for getting back to me.

I set High John next to our old computer for a while after fishing him out of the washer (it works like something of a powerful space heater so he was completely dry in about an hour), then fed him some Jack Daniels (he seems to really like it) and HJTC oil. All in all it looks like I was right on track - I was just worried I might have missed something vital! His smell is just as strong as when I bought him and has been as such throughout this little fiasco.

It's good to know that he's a durable one, although I'm still going to be careful with him, as I certainly don't mean the roots any disrespect by way of ham-handedness! I think we (the fiancee and myself) learned well enough this time around.

And yeah, I'm just waiting for the right opportunity to bury the mojo hand, although therein lies another question for a different forum.

Thanks again! c:

- Katia

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”