Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candles: Trim, Carve, Load, Petition, Pray, Dress, Light

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Re: Candles: Trim, Carve, Load, Petition, Pray, Dress, Light

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:08 pm

VenusRising777

I just wanted to chime in on your first question. Miss Cat's answer was perfect but in case you needed any convincing I've a short story for you.

Years ago I was working on a skull candle for a client. I folded my petition paper (parchment paper mind you) ever so tightly and loaded it into the bottom CENTER of the skull candle.

It was also on a glass plate. Well, I came home to find my place all smokey, my smoke alarm was screaming for dear life...the candle had melted pretty much completely and my petition paper, which was dressed with a few herbs and oils, was on fire. I froze momentarily not knowing what to do and as I began to walk towards it try and extinguish it, KaBLAM! The fire had exploded the plate and scared the beJEEZES out of me. I thought I was a goner that night, lol.

I can laugh at it now but fires are nothing to play with. Seeing how it was a skull candle, it may have been okay to load it in another region of the candle like the chin or the back of the head but definitely not anywhere near the wick.

Learn from my mistake, chère
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D
Hoodoo Course Graduate #2132G

VenusRising777
Newly Registered

Unread post by VenusRising777 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Thanks for your response!!

I would’ve freaked out as well if that had happened to me. I will definitely NOT do that again lol.

May I ask how the results of your spell went (out of curiosity)?

:)

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:36 pm

Not a problem!

And sure you can ask. That's what I'm here for.

So believe it or not, the spell was WONDERFULLY successful LOL.

The thing is, this was a client who's husband kept leaving her for his ex-wife and bouncing back between the two.
She was determined to save her marriage so I had been working on him for a long time using several methods and "cocktail treatments".

I had been burning that particular candle in sections for 7 days straight...speaking to the target every night at the same time like clockwork, instructing him to return home to his wife before allowing it to burn out on the seventh day. At the same time, I had a break-up jar and a lemon "Sour Pussy" Freezer Spell working on the ex-wife as well so all of this contributed to its success.

VenusRising777
Newly Registered

Unread post by VenusRising777 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:41 pm

Oh wow! That’s awesome. It really sounds like you knew exactly what to do on that situation. She must’ve been so happy to get her lover back!

May I ask you how I can do a really good reconciliation spell on my ex? I already did one but it was a one day candle spell kind of thing.

I’m thinking of perhaps doing it again with a 7 day encased glassed candle.

Would it be a good idea to do it again and allow it to burn for a week?

I did the reconciliation spell first and then did a love drawing spell.

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:06 am

VenusRising777,

What you did is really good work. Even if it was only one day, that can prove very effective. After casting, I would look for signs and movement to gauge the success of the working. Reconciliation work, in my experience, tends to take time though so you must be patient.

I do love working with 7 day candles so I think it's a great idea. What I find most useful in reconciliation spells though are moving candle spells and rituals.

In case you're not familiar, in the case of reconciliation, these are spells where you have two candles to represent both parties (and sometimes a third if we want to move an intruder away from another party...AND even sometimes a 4th to draw the intruder closer to a NEW person) that are moved closer together day by day, inch by inch while reciting specific passages of scripture..usuallly from the book of Psalms or the Song of Solomon, the latter being my preference for these.

There's a lot of energy, respect, and discipline that goes into performing moving candle spells.

I'd also back up the work by doing a sweeneting spell such as a honey jar upon which I'd burn a pink candle on top of every Mon Wed and Friday.

You should really invest in Deacon Millett's "Hoodoo Return and Reconciliation Spells" it's a lucky mojo brand book therefore available right here. It's jam packed with a wealth of information on the matter. I love it.

VenusRising777
Newly Registered

Unread post by VenusRising777 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:05 am

Thank you soooo much for all the info!

Are the candles that you are referring to figural?

Also, would I need a new pink candle for each day I do the sweetening work? Or can I just use the same candle?

What I’ve noticed about him is that he isn’t particularly mean or anything if I contact him about something. Even when I was telling him about my new job and how well it was going... he seemed genuinely happy for me through text. So he isn’t being terribly cold or showing anger.... he’s just answering things in a pretty normal way.

(This was his behavior before doing any of the spells though)

Not sure how he would behave now that I did the spells...but I’m really not thinking of contacting him any time soon... unless it’s just to exchange things.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:26 pm

VenusRising777 ,

He mentioned both 7 day candles and figure candles.

I would use a new 4 inch chime candle for each day. Carve your petition around it from top to bottom, dress it with the oils, put it on the jar and pray over it while also reading the psalms I mentioned in your other post.

It is important to keep contact open, many people come to reconciliation work when its dead and gone. however this does not mean blow up their phone lol, you sound judgement
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:19 pm

Yes. I'm talking about figural candles for the moving candle spell. You could use one central vigil light to serve as the purpose candle and move the lights toward that one if you like.

As JayDee has mentioned, the chime lights is the best way to go for the honey jar. Occasionally i will use the 6in ones though.

Also, i completely agree with him on thw ipen line of communication. It can be something as simple as making sure you're clear on the location you will meet. Find a way to keep communication open without harassment lol

VenusRising777
Newly Registered

Unread post by VenusRising777 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:43 am

Thanks!

Also, does it count if day I burn the candle at midnight on a Friday? I’m thinking of starting the spells tonight at midnight. This will ensure that I can burn the candles/repeat the chant at the same time every night (I get off work at 11 and don’t get home until 12). Can I also back up the reconciliation and sweetening work with a love drawing spell?

VenusRising777
Newly Registered

Unread post by VenusRising777 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:22 pm

Also, since I’m burning them every mon, wed, and fri... when do I actually stop the work? After a week or two?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:56 pm

VenusRising777,

You can burn the candles on it as long as you like. A honey jar is a mix of two spells, a honey jar, which is a container spell, and a candle spell on top of it. They work great together and often are used together. I would work it till you get the results you want. Some people burn a candle for a while, a few times a week, then move to once a week, then once a month. Option is yours.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

GolfersWife
Newly Registered

Unread post by GolfersWife » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:00 pm

I have what may sound like a dumb question because I'm new. I ordered a glass-encased candle, do I burn it 24/7?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:19 pm

GolfersWife --

That is up to you and depends on how safe the candle will be if you are not around to attend to it. For instance, folks with a fireplace often light the candle in the fireplace, so it is vented and the smoke goes up the chimney. But if you expect to light it and put it out repeatedly, you will need long fireplace matches or some other means of conveying the fire down inside as the wax gets low.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

GolfersWife
Newly Registered

Unread post by GolfersWife » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:54 pm

I have ordered both an intranquility candle and oil, can I use them together? If not can I send the candle back and pay to have it burned there at your store?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:01 pm

Our candles come already dressed, so you can use the oil some other way -- go to the section of the forum on oils for tips -- but i recommend you not try to send the candle back; it's just too fussy and complicated. we can burn another one for you, if you like -- and there is a section of the forum about that topic as well.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”