Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Graveyard Dirt Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
JayDee
HRCC Student
Re: Graveyard Dirt Questions and Answers

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:44 am

LA1985,

I would shower right away, not to wait till the next day. If you had dog poop on you, you would not wait till the next day to shower would you? Same in hoodoo. Keep the oil up as well.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Asturias

Unread post by Asturias » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Hello, everyone.

I have bought some dirt from a grave to engage it in a particular work. I have reached my goal with what I meant to do with it but there is still some dirt left from what I've bought.

I. What should I do with the remaining dirt? should I take it back to grave? should I deliver it at a crossroads?

II. Assuming a scenario in which I would chose to mix the dirt with herbs, what would be the most fitting way of disposing of it, then?

III. I remember having read somewhere in the forum that there was a member that wanted to dry the dirt so that he could grind it into a thinner powder, and Miss Cat told him not to heat it in the fire (as it would be disrespectful, I think. I don't quite recall her reasoning; please enlighten me in this as well), but to dry it in the Sun, instead.

IV. Is it fitting to dust candles with graveyard dirt? I found reference to it in literature, but it seemed a bit weird.

Anyhow. Please let me know.

Please let me know.

Cordially,
Asturias

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:35 am

Hello, Asturias,

1) You may save it for future work or return the remainder to the grave. Unless i had a specific reason for doing so, i would not scatter it at a crossroads, causing the spirit to wander the world.

2) As above.

3) Baking graveyard dirt in an oven just drives the spirit out of it, in my experience. Natural drying does not do that, again, in my experience. I do not recall specifying drying dirt specifically under the Sun, although i have no objection to it. Drying it on the altar would be just as effective.

4) Dusting oiled candles with all kinds of powders, including sachets, mineral dusts, and dirts is common in hoodoo. Depending on the nature and aims of the work, the powders may be for love, money, protection, health, or harm. The use of a graveyard dirt appropriate to the work at hand is perfectly natural in this context and is no more "weird" than dusting a money candle with bank dust or a love candle with a marriage sachet powder.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Asturias

Unread post by Asturias » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:22 am

Thank you, Miss Cat! :)

About the "drying on the Sun" bit, I might have gotten it mixed up with something else. I couldn't recall just where I thought I had read it from, in the forum, so that's that. Sorry. It might have been the forum member coming up with these two hypothesis - drying it in the Sun or heating it on a skillet -, to which you would have preferred the first. But then again, I am not certain. My memory fails me.

It seems like I always have such an endless amount of questions on graveyard dirt and graveyard work, doesn't it? In my defense, it is a complex and intricate subject.Thank you for being so generous in providing such thorough and attentive answers, each time. I am very grateful, God bless you.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:56 am

You're welcome, Asturias.

If you were to take my correspondence course, i think your questions on graveyard dirt would be answered in full, as there are six lessons devoted just to that single topic.

Read all about the course here:

Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course with catherine yronwode
http://luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html
catherine yronwode

Asturias

Unread post by Asturias » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:57 am

Thank you, Miss Cat! I've been considering just that.

twig

Unread post by twig » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Question about the graveyard dirt love spell: I have green paper, vandal root, and the graveyard dirt from LuckyMojo. Will this generic GD work?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Well, our graveyard dirt is not "generic," as it comes from the graves of specific people. However, the graveyard dirt love spell as i was taught it specifies the durst from the grave of someone who loved you. But try it -- perhaps that spirit will help you. You never know until you try.
catherine yronwode

lolitabd

Unread post by lolitabd » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:32 pm

I've read up that buying up graveyard dirt from a relation or passed love one will work the strongest. I live in a town with zero relations and to get to a graveyard with passed away relatives would require me to fly to another country. I do have my father's ashes though - can I use some of the ashes of a loved one in rootwork to help add a lot of power and help to any of my work?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:53 pm

Hi lolitabd,

It's not the same thing. Ashes are the remains of the person, whereas dirt is from their burial site. I would not disturb your father's remains.

If you cannot get any of your ancestors' graveyard dirt, then wander through a cemetery near you and see if you're attracted to a grave of someone whose spirit appears willing to help you. I have found several helpful spirits in this manner, and they were unrelated to me. Try it and see what results you get.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

lolitabd

Unread post by lolitabd » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:55 pm

Thank you so much, I will try to do that and hopefully I'm drawn to one and they help my cause :)

nmm

Unread post by nmm » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:12 am

I’m so disappointed in myself. Several years ago I purchased some graveyard dirt from Lucky Mojo for use in a protection working. I didn’t end up needing it as the situation resolved. I’ve been storing the unused, unopened package with my other ritual supplies (oils, herbs, and tools). These items are always kept in a quiet, private spot in my home and I give special attention and respect to them. However, my knowledge is definitely nowhere near proficient, and now I’m worried that not only have I stored the graveyard dirt in a disrespectful way, but that the energy could have contaminated the other items it’s stored with or my home. For what it’s worth, I’ve never felt a “bad” energy from the item itself, more a calm, I have your back energy.

I would prefer not to keep it in the house any longer, but I want to dispose of it in the most respectful way. It’s currently 2:00 am and I can’t sleep over this. I’m so sorry to ask, but ....

1) Can anyone recommend the best way to dispose of the dirt that wouldn’t harm or upset anyone/any spirit?

2) Are there any Lucky Mojo products I should use to clean the area or my home in general once I’ve removed the package of dirt?

3) I thought maybe hyssop?

Thank you.

n.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:55 pm

Dear nmm,

1) You may take it to a crossroads and blow or scatter it to the four directions, or, since you know it came from us, you may blow or scatter it in the direction that Forestville, California is from you, gently bidding the spirit goodbye. Or you could mail it to our shop. People have done this before -- you would not be the first. We will not offer a refund, but we will put it with the rest of the Forestville crew (we know who they are.)

2) A few drop of Van Van Oil in warm water or diluted Chinese Wash in warm water.

3) Hyssop is used to cleanse from sin (wrong-doing against God's commandments) and since neither you nor the spirit broke the Ten Commandments, Hyssop would not be appropriate.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

gozlynn8

Unread post by gozlynn8 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:00 pm

I have done a love spell using my mom's graveyard dirt, valarian root, and green paper. I put it under my bed. I wanted it to be stronger, so I made a second one and taped it to the bottom of HIS bed. Do you think that's alright?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:38 pm

Hi gozlynn8,

The intent of that spell is to draw him to you, so the correct place for it is under your bed. It is already a strong spell, so adding another location won't change that and possibly only confuses matters. I would stick to the original instructions.

gozlynn8

Unread post by gozlynn8 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:31 am

Okay! Thank you!

JamieDean

Unread post by JamieDean » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:48 pm

Would you recommend using graveyard dirt For a Vinegar jar break up spell?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:03 pm

Hello JamieDean,

Yes, you could do that. Petition spirit for the relationship to die while adding the dirt.

Good luck.

Fotunata
Newly Registered

Unread post by Fotunata » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:48 am

Hi all,

I apologize for two things: one for not reading the entire thread before asking question, and second if my question as been discussed before. And please redirect this to the proper thread, if doesn't belong here. Thank you.

1. I'm the only one living here in the US, all my family still living back in different continent and country. So I couldn't go to their (ancestors) graveyard. Hoping somebody I get to visit their graveyards. How do I contact them for help? Can I do a graveyard dirt by proxy through the graveyard dirt (not a particular graveyard)?

Few years back, I had experiences spirits walking in my living room. I usually sleeping in the morning when everyone was gone, my son at school and my late husband to work, especially if I had to work that afternoon. Anyway, one morning I heard a dragging feet in the carpet, and I saw shadowy figure and elderly woman about my height. I taught probably the first owner of this house. Another time, I didn't feel good, so I lay down in the couch, then I felt a kissed in forehead, when I opened my eyes I saw my grandma who was gone for years. I simply said, "Oh I grandma, thanks." I would also felt somebody sitting by the foot of my bed. Lately, I would see movement here and there especially when I am doing something.

For the past couple days, I was praying the Intranquil spirit at the museleo, and I also prayed it my room. Then yesterday, I stopped by at the cemetery, when I had that strong feeling of asking the spirit for a graveyard dirt. I was walking and talking to direct me to the grave. I heard a loud call of the bird, so I looked up but couldn't see the bird. So I kept moving, then I heard it again, so I followed the sound and I stopped where the graveyard said, "Korean War Veteran and Vietnam Vet." and in front of the grave was the first VFW gravesite for those soldier died in WW2. I asked permission if he could work with me and help me. And if I could get some dirt, left 3 pennies. I also thanked him for his service.

My question was it right to get some dirt from him? What else should I bring for him?

Thanks.
Thank you St Martha St Anthony St Rita St Jude St Helen St Clare St Raphael St Michael St Gabriel

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:01 am

Hello Fotunata,

Yes, you went about it the right way and asked to be led to the grave of someone who would help you. If you feel you want to create a lasting relationship with this spirit, then ask if they want to help you again and pay for the dirt the next time you get some.

You could always ask them for a sign of anything else they might wish as an offering. I've done this many times with soldier spirits and quite often, the request comes back in the form of alcohol and cigarettes. One civil war veteran wanted only cake, so I brought him that.

Fotunata
Newly Registered

Unread post by Fotunata » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:45 pm

Thank you so much Miss Athena.
Thank you St Martha St Anthony St Rita St Jude St Helen St Clare St Raphael St Michael St Gabriel

ladylover69

Unread post by ladylover69 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:42 pm

hello i need some help, im working on a serious hex/curse/revenge spell i live in nyc and im trying to get the dirt from either criminals, murdered victims how can i find out research of these type of people so i know where to go to before i get to the cemetery. can someone help me do you know any websites or where to ask ?

thank you

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:16 am

Hello ladylover69,

I have personally worked with the administrative office of a cemetery to know who is buried there, and notorious deceased are usually identified by them. Beyond that, I do not know but hopefully others here will chime in on how they've managed to go about this themselves.

Good luck.

ladylover69

Unread post by ladylover69 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:29 am

which cemetery is that, im going to woodlawn and i found one person online it was a lady that killed her husband and was executed so im gonna go to her grave

ladylover69

Unread post by ladylover69 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:41 pm

i just got back from the woodlawn cemetery and it was a good experience and a emotional one, before i went in i sprayed my florida wtaer and light up my sage in my car and said my own prayer. as i got to the entrance you can drive in there but i stop by the entrance and got on my knees to ask the gate guardians if i can enter there spot, the funny part is when i was waiting on the answer the security guard (a alive person) walk up to me and ask me to move my car, shock me but i had to tell him i was saying my prayer and he did mind but i was blocking another car coming in also so i guess that was a sign also, paid my tribute and drove in to look for my target grave. as i was driving i felt a feeling, not of nervous but more of warmth and telling myself i made it this far i have to keep going. as i found her grave i got on my knee and ask of her help and i was so emotional about it because even though i read about her and her crimes, i can empathize with her because she went threw what i went threw with the miss treatment of someone i once cared for. i paid my coin offerings and even question i asked i got a smooth breeze as i felt her communicating to me her answers because when i was telling her my story there was no wind blowing just slients and the birds chirping lol, i felt so good and gave her the other offerings (brought some cigars, small bottle of jack danials and fireball, lipstick, purfume and some candy) yea i spoil her because i know she will help me with my request and it will go good. after i buried the offerings i made a promise that if the hex spell go good with my target i will come back and celebrate with her with a cake and tea. then i thanked her and told her you can go back to rest now and walked backwards to my car and sprayed the water and light the sage again and when i got to the entrance i thanked the gate spirit gardians and gave them another 9 coins and drove off i felt so good and i know now its gonna work i will start the hex/curse spell tonight or tomorrow as i got to clear my room and make space for one side my hex spell work and the other table in my room the protection cleanse work. im living with some people so i have to do these two spells in my room while im sleeping in it also working it for nine days. just wanted to let you know the good news for the first part, the next part the spells

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:33 pm

Hello ladylover69,

You have posted in the thread for questions on using graveyard dirt, but don't have a question for us.

We discourage folks from using the forum to post details of their work in a blog-style missive like this, as it takes up forum space and detracts from our purpose - to advise and educate customers of Lucky Mojo on how to use their products. Please keep this in mind when posting in the future.

That said, you did a nice job in the cemetery. Keep up your good work, and I wish you great luck with your spells.

ladylover69

Unread post by ladylover69 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:37 am

im sorry miss athena i can be so in detail sometimes but yea i will be starting my spell tonight im just cleaning my room to make space but question, can i do my hex spell and spirit protection spell in the same room i sleep in, im renting a room from someone at the moment ?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:08 pm

ladylover69 ,

Yes you can, many people work in small spaces. Though you may want to set one work on a table and the other work on another. Also since this is the room you sleep in, you would want to cleanse it after the hex, incense, wash it down to remove anything from the room. It is getting warm out, you can do the hex work outside if you gave an area to do it quietly and will not be disturbed.

ladylover69

Unread post by ladylover69 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:12 am

i did both a coffin and destruction jar spell and burn two tapper candles and it burn down flame was high and good one burn down fast on the coffin and the other in 4 hours, should i burn another one on top of it of just let it be, i want to work it for 9 days also but do want to over do it and have so much wax on it ?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:43 am

ladylover69 ,

If one burned quick it may mean fast results but not long lasting, work may need to be repeated. If you plan to burn a candle on it each day for 9 days then doing one a day is sufficient.

mudcat440
Newly Registered

graveyard dirt

Unread post by mudcat440 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:31 pm

how long does a grave stay fresh

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:51 pm

mudcat440 --

There is no one answer to this question, because family traditions do vary a great deal. I can tell you two answers i was given when i asked this question:

* A year

* Until a newer grave is added to that cemetery.

But this second answer would not make sense in a large, urban cemetery, where new graves are added daily. It is only meaningful in a rural cemetery. So i would go with "one year."

Your mileage may vary!
catherine yronwode

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”