Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Graveyard Dirt Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
JayDee
HRCC Student
Re: Graveyard Dirt Questions and Answers

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:44 am

LA1985,

I would shower right away, not to wait till the next day. If you had dog poop on you, you would not wait till the next day to shower would you? Same in hoodoo. Keep the oil up as well.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Asturias

Unread post by Asturias » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Hello, everyone.

I have bought some dirt from a grave to engage it in a particular work. I have reached my goal with what I meant to do with it but there is still some dirt left from what I've bought.

I. What should I do with the remaining dirt? should I take it back to grave? should I deliver it at a crossroads?

II. Assuming a scenario in which I would chose to mix the dirt with herbs, what would be the most fitting way of disposing of it, then?

III. I remember having read somewhere in the forum that there was a member that wanted to dry the dirt so that he could grind it into a thinner powder, and Miss Cat told him not to heat it in the fire (as it would be disrespectful, I think. I don't quite recall her reasoning; please enlighten me in this as well), but to dry it in the Sun, instead.

IV. Is it fitting to dust candles with graveyard dirt? I found reference to it in literature, but it seemed a bit weird.

Anyhow. Please let me know.

Please let me know.

Cordially,
Asturias

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:35 am

Hello, Asturias,

1) You may save it for future work or return the remainder to the grave. Unless i had a specific reason for doing so, i would not scatter it at a crossroads, causing the spirit to wander the world.

2) As above.

3) Baking graveyard dirt in an oven just drives the spirit out of it, in my experience. Natural drying does not do that, again, in my experience. I do not recall specifying drying dirt specifically under the Sun, although i have no objection to it. Drying it on the altar would be just as effective.

4) Dusting oiled candles with all kinds of powders, including sachets, mineral dusts, and dirts is common in hoodoo. Depending on the nature and aims of the work, the powders may be for love, money, protection, health, or harm. The use of a graveyard dirt appropriate to the work at hand is perfectly natural in this context and is no more "weird" than dusting a money candle with bank dust or a love candle with a marriage sachet powder.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Asturias

Unread post by Asturias » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:22 am

Thank you, Miss Cat! :)

About the "drying on the Sun" bit, I might have gotten it mixed up with something else. I couldn't recall just where I thought I had read it from, in the forum, so that's that. Sorry. It might have been the forum member coming up with these two hypothesis - drying it in the Sun or heating it on a skillet -, to which you would have preferred the first. But then again, I am not certain. My memory fails me.

It seems like I always have such an endless amount of questions on graveyard dirt and graveyard work, doesn't it? In my defense, it is a complex and intricate subject.Thank you for being so generous in providing such thorough and attentive answers, each time. I am very grateful, God bless you.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:56 am

You're welcome, Asturias.

If you were to take my correspondence course, i think your questions on graveyard dirt would be answered in full, as there are six lessons devoted just to that single topic.

Read all about the course here:

Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course with catherine yronwode
http://luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html
catherine yronwode

Asturias

Unread post by Asturias » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:57 am

Thank you, Miss Cat! I've been considering just that.

twig

Unread post by twig » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Question about the graveyard dirt love spell: I have green paper, vandal root, and the graveyard dirt from LuckyMojo. Will this generic GD work?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Well, our graveyard dirt is not "generic," as it comes from the graves of specific people. However, the graveyard dirt love spell as i was taught it specifies the durst from the grave of someone who loved you. But try it -- perhaps that spirit will help you. You never know until you try.
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”