Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Checking Order Status / Checking Email Functionality

Questions, answers, and discussions about the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.
LadyWtch
Re: Checking Order Status / Checking Email Functionality

Unread post by LadyWtch » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:08 pm

Yes are behind according to the lovely person I spoke with this afternoon - I am still waiting on a couple of items that haven't been made yet, never mind shipped.

It's frustrating b/c I should have worked my magick by now but - maybe it was meant to be put off and my timing wasn't the right timing but when the supplies come, things will be better.

It's the price you pay for quality :)
Thank you St. Martha for all you do on my behalf!

froghandz

Unread post by froghandz » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:55 pm

hihihi...yes I as well am.delighted to finally speak with you..It is an auspicious time this month and time for a new beginning. I was able to get Into my froghandz account and found the list of items remaining. Will be putting in an order the next few days, Cat. Looking forward to it so much. Time to move forward with the correct teacher. Thank you. Namaste, Blessings and So it Be Done.🌠

froghandz

Unread post by froghandz » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Hello again Cat...I have been expecting my delivery to only find out today when I called to inquire, the order was canceled. I didn't receive an email or call that something was awry even after I lóoked and saw no charges were initially made. The girl who looked my order up stated That the shipping address didn't match thé address for.the card. All other orders made with this gift card have arrived safely. Anyway once again I received no communication alerting me to the fact there was indeed a problem with billing address which could have been resolved sooner had I known no other merchant has had a problem unless they just don't accept AMEX gift cards which is silly since they have to be loaded with cash and cannot be used if no cash loaded onto the thing. Thanks and enjoy rest of evening. Disappointed in timing delay now.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:29 pm

Hi, froghanz, '

I am sorry this happened but when i look into our database records i see the following for your order:

10/5/18 - HOLD FOR DECLINE - DEC Z Zip-5 OK Street Bad
10/7/18 - D1 LM - NC
10/8/18 - D2 LM - NW
10/9/18 - D3 LM - NW
10/11/18 - Cust. Unreachable HOLD FOR DECLINE -> NO PAY - NO SHIP - LL

So i can "read" this data as follows:

10/5/18 - HOLD FOR DECLINE - DEC Z Zip-5 OK Street Bad -- On October 5th, we attempted to process your order and got a "Decline Z" on the card because -- "DEC Z Zip-5 OK Street Bad""" -- which is our database's shorthand for the AVS error code "Z = 5-digit Zip matches [your card number, but the] Address (Street) Does Not"

10/7/18 - D1 LM - NC -- On October 7th, We made the first of three "D" (Declined card) calls -- telephone calls to the number given on the order in which we explain the decline, using a standard message. No one picked up, so NC (Nicole Carevich) left a voice mail message (LM). In this standard message she would have stated that this was our first try and that we would call again a second and a third time, and she would have left the phone number of the shop.

10/8/18 - D2 LM - NW -- On October 8th, NW (Nikki Wilson) telephoned the number on the order, and made the D2 (second decline call) and LM (left message) with the standard instruction to phone the shop. In this standard message she would have stated that this was our second try and that we would call again a third time, and she would have left the phone number of the shop.

10/9/18 - D3 LM - NW -- On October 9th, NM (Nikki Wilson) telephoned the number on the order, and made the D3 (third decline call) and LM (left message) with the standard instruction to phone the shop. In this standard message she would have stated that this was our third and last try and that we would hold the order until the end of the next day, after which it would be cancelled, and she would have left the phone number of the shop.

10/11/18 - Cust. Unreachable HOLD FOR DECLINE -> NO PAY - NO SHIP - LL -- On October 11th, after three messages left on the voice mail had not produced a call-back, LL (Leslie Lowell) changed the status of the order from "Hold For Decline" to "No Pay - No Ship," effectively discarding the order, except that, as is our custom, she hand-deleted all the products on the order, zeroing them out but leaving the item names in place, just in case you might wish to reinstate the order. Her reason for doing so was "Cust. Unreachable" -- in other words, the three phone messages had not received a response.

The problem had nothing to do with the card being AMEX or with the amount of cash on the card. It was a simple matter of the zip code and the street address not matching -- so i asked Leslie to look up your original online order and she thinks she found the error -- the person who downloaded the order (Nicole) inadvertently swapped out the street address line for the "c/o" line in your address! So of course the street address -- which wrongly became the name of the outfit, not a real street address -- did not match the zip code!

Leslie has fixed this and is having Nikki call you on all three of your listed phone numbers, and email you too.

I rarely go into such depth to explain how our business works, but now you know. We follow a set protocol for declined charges and always telephone three times. We value our customers and never give up on an order without three tries at contact. The fact that you have 3 listed phone numbers made it complicated. Nikki called but you were at work, so she is emailing you with the details.

I hope you accept my apology and we can complete this transaction.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

froghandz

Unread post by froghandz » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Thanks for responding, yet I have no vm or messages about this anywhere on a y of my call histories. If I did have any response initially...I probably wouldn't be as hesitant for I just went through this with another company as I mentioned to you when we last spoke. Also, when I spoke with the girl last night she was a bit brusque, as I was holding the card in my hand, ready to complete order over the phone which was why I called, in addition to finding out what had happened because I hadn't received anything and almost threw the card away thinking this transaction had been finalized. She told me twice the order was cancelled and I would have to redo the transaction online. Well nope because that's where the first mistake occurred obviously. Thanks for finding error and communication.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi, i got a message from Nikki that you had called back and wanted to speak to me. It was closing time by the time i went back into the office (i had been doing readings all afternoon), so i will try to phone you tomorrow.
catherine yronwode

froghandz

Unread post by froghandz » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:38 pm

So now I just checked my balance and see you went ahead and processed my card for 35.00 and change! I didn't authorize this. What do you think you are doing??? I spoke with Nicole at length this am and told her specifically I wanted to speak with you first then Decide! So what have you decided my unapproved order should be??? I did not give the go ahead because of the first mistake on your helpers part...now this. Good that's why I use gift cards. You all have lied thus far. No VM no email after I asked repeatedly what happened and now a charge for 35.oo when thé Initial order was 116.00 you are all.the same I am disputing the charges and want a problem refund because I SAID I WOULD LET YOU KNOW MY...I REPEAT "MY"DECISION ON WHEN AND WHERE I SPEND MONEY AND STUDY. NOW ITS 2 FOR 2 on mistakes after calling me up this round that's not including the flub up from last year! So now 3 for 3...great stats to Garner a new Student! Thought your company would be different being so close to my HomeTown...guess not! Wrong wrong wrong. Who Charged That Card!?! Did not NOT GIVE A GO AHEAD

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:38 am

froghandz,

I can understand that you are upset -- but i did not run your card -- nor would i ever run it for part of the order, nor would i run it after you asked for me to call you first (which i promised to do in my previous message).

It's after midnight now, but my husband went down to the office to turn on the data-entry computer to see what he could find out via our merchant services record of transactions. Here's what he found:

• On 10/6/2018 we tried to run your card for $116.92 but it declined for the reasons stated above -- the two address lines were swapped.

• On 10/18/2018 our merchant services provider posted a transaction with your card number labelled with this code -- "General Error (Invalid Processor Response Format)" -- but no money (neither $35.00 nor $116.00) was drawn from your card nor deposited into our account, according to that transaction record. We do not know what this is about nor what that coding means. We have frankly never seen that coding before on any transaction.

The merchant services company is not open at this time of night, but we will telephone them tomorrow to make sure that no money was taken from your account.

I will phone you in the morning after i contact the merchant services company -- and i will make sure that no charges of any kind were or will be made on your card by our company.
catherine yronwode

AceJay

Unread post by AceJay » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:48 pm

Cat, I appreciate how well and detailed you handle situations. :) I don't know if you get enough credit but you can certainly have mine.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:07 pm

Thanks, Acejay.

froghandz -- thanks for staying on this. We did get the scan of the receipt you had, for what looks like a $35.45 charge -- but Leslie (and authorize.net) have explained -- this is actually a "-35.45" charge (minus money) and it is a pending transaction, not an actual charge. Repeat: It is not a charge and we did not charge your card.

What follows contains some new information (new to me at least) so please allow me to explain:

When a card declines, the issuing band ("your bank") does not send us any money at all. As far as we are concerned, the transaction failed and is over. However, your bank (all banks) have created a really unfair legal loophole whereby they can keep your money for several days (3 to 5 days) and invest it in the stock market and (hopefully) score a few cents, and then hand it back to you, with you none the wiser that they "borrowed" it from you for a while. This borrowing of, and playing with, your money they call a "pending transaction." They KNOW we are not getting the money, but they claim it is just gonna take then 3 to 5 days to return your funds to you. And there's nothing you can do about it.

The situation with gift cards is even worse! I knew about the above, but i only learned today that with a gift card, the law (that is, the law that their bought-and-paid for congresspeople passed) allows them to keep and play with your money for TWO WEEKS. That's right -- 14 days!

So, on 10/6/18, when you placed your order and it was declined because of the zip / street address non-match error, they grabbed your money for a two-week party ride through the stock markets of Europe, the Americas, Asia, and the Middle East. They have given themselves permission, under the law, to hold your $116.00 until 10/20 (tomorrow!).

Meanwhile, you believed that since we did not take your money, it was still on your gift card, little knowing that it was being held so your bank could speculate in Indonesian rice or property development in Bahrain. So you bought a few things. Eventually, the level of money stored of the card fell below that $116.00 they were holding while they gambled in Ukrainian commodities or Saudi Arabian tanks. So they sent you an "oops -- you have attempted to overcharge your card by $35.45" notice because "you have this pending transaction with Lucky Mojo" -- which you actually, in fact, do not have. Basically the $35.45 was what it would take to bring your balance up to the $116.00 they were holding. Your bank was treating you as if you had overdrawn the card account -- because they did not tell you (and they never tell anyone) that they were using your money to buy Facebook stock and invest in Chinese tungsten mines.

I knew about the 3 to 5 day bank hold-backs on regular credit and debit cards, but this two-week hold-back on gift cards was something new to me (and thank you, Leslie and authorize.net for clarifying it).

It is heinous.

We should have elected Bernie Sanders president.
catherine yronwode

froghandz

Unread post by froghandz » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:48 pm

OK I sent Paypal now for the exact same order and would like to know when shipped out so I can make sure no more glitches and unauthorized use of my shop/school money and products/tools. Thank you for the in depth explanation. No apologies expected nor needed. Neither of us wrong just in the dark on the transaction whereabouts and different account info on both ends. Talk soon...look forward to see what happens next to intervene in our communications😎

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:15 pm

I think your package will ship tomorrow. We had to make a few items for it (9 Herb Bath, for example) and i needed to sign the books, but i was away from the shop today.

I will move this conversation to the area on ordering as it really has not much to do with my course.
catherine yronwode

froghandz

Unread post by froghandz » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:19 am

OK fine yet the whole reason I am purchasing is for the course lol. So if it has nothing to do with the course we can rescind the entire process. Lol

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:51 am

froghandz,

I said that this conversation had "not much" to do with the course. You interpreted that to say that i said it had "nothing" to do with the course. "Not much" and "nothing" are two different amounts. In this case:

* 1/4 of the funds paid for the course go to cover the printing of the book and for my royalties as the author.
* 1/4 of the funds go to me for teaching the course (including interviewing students, and staying in contact via the private student group.
* 1/4 of the funds go to paying for certificates of graduation and to hire employees to perform upkeep on the database with respect to required purchases, scheduling interview appointments, and filing the homework.
* 1/4 of the funds go to Lucky Mojo for processing the order; therefore the "not much" i referred to amounts to $26.00.

I understand that you were making the purchases in order to meet the requirements for my correspondence course. However, my private course in hoodoo is not a Lucky Mojo product. If i were to sell the company, i would still teach the course. Therefore questions about the course have "not much" to do with questions about the financial integrity of the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.

My emphasis all through this public conversation has been to explain to you, and thus to our thousands of other customers, how we use a strong matching system when we charge customers' credit cards, how our card authorization services provider functions; how the coding of internet transactions works, how our clients' banks handle reimbursement on so-called "pending" (but actually failed) credit card transactions; how we readily investigate, acknowledge, apologize for, and rectify our own data entry errors; how we work hard to uphold our reputation as an honest online merchant; and how we maintain civility in the face of people such as yourself calling us liars in our own public forum and claiming that we make unauthorized transactions when we do not do so.

To you this may be a matter to "lol" over, but to me, as the owner of an online and walk-in business with a 24 year history of financial integrity and a commitment to making artisanal quality products, it is my job to lead my team to provide extraordinary customer support; to fairly recompense my employees, contractors, and volunteer helpers; to defend the brand against unfounded accusations of fraud; and to cheerfully spearhead the creation and archive maintenance of a trove of free educational community teaching materials unmatched by any other company in the metaphysical field.
catherine yronwode

froghandz

Unread post by froghandz » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:53 am

BTW did I mention I am very sarcastic...if you perhaps interpret my responses in that manner that would be correct. Just so ya know in my future retorts that is my way of humouring myself until others get to know me 😂

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:27 am

froghanz,

I neither understand sarcasm as a form of humour nor do i wish to navigate its implications as a form of acceptable verbal aggression. I find every instance of sarcasm painful and i hope never to be exposed to it.

My livelihood and reputation are at stake here, as are the livelihoods of a dozen other people. This is not a joke for us.
catherine yronwode

froghandz

Unread post by froghandz » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:41 am

I won't be told how to communicate...please cancel order and refund my money. I also have much at stake. My email and phone account was compromised by doing business with you. I am the subject of a book that is about my life story and now a screenplay so you are not the only one with a lot at stake. I have a production crew to be concerned about and contracts to fulfill.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:56 am

Thank you for explaining your viewpoint, froghanz.

I have cancelled your order and made a complete $117.00 refund on your purchase via Paypal. I wish you all the best with the book and screenplay.

Goodbye.
catherine yronwode

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:58 am

Well said Catherine! I have been a long standing customer of LM and have always had great customer service, helpful staff when I call or need assistance. Treated equitably and honestly in all social and business transactions.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:46 am

Hello,

I made an order 2 days ago and then realised I'd forgotten a couple of items so I emailed yesterday. I wanted to check if my email was received?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:40 pm

aniviel ,

Give the call a shop, they can pull the order, order number and see if items can be added and put to the same shipping.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:07 pm

I'm a bit ill so was hoping not to have to use the phone. Oh well. Thank you anyway.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Lucky Mojo Curio Co. News and Announcements”