Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun May 23, 2010 3:11 pm

Some candles just mess up, if you think it might be a sign do, or lacking the skills to do so, have done a reading on the issue. We can't really comment on a candle some random guy made. If you want a reading on it I suggest you get a ten minuet reading from someone at the AIRR.
HRCC Student #1559

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun May 23, 2010 5:25 pm

I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Mon May 24, 2010 7:43 pm

If I am working with a case where the candle burns are what I would consider to be "messy", ie-lots of wax and debris or charred petitions like you are describing, then typically when I get a clean burn I see that as the road opening and the way clearing--not always but most of the time.
good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon May 24, 2010 7:52 pm

I saw it as the road clearing because of the clean burn thorough to the petition paper. Thanks Bri.

ANGEL007

Unread post by ANGEL007 » Mon May 31, 2010 6:55 pm

for example if the flame is tall or if the candle burns completely down one side and other side still stands or when burning 3 candles of diffrent colors ( black purple green ) and the end result is something that looks like a brain ? holla back ... :?:

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:11 pm

Please make sure you read this page when it comes to interpretations.

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

It all depends on the figure of the candle, and what the intent of the candle is for. For example if you are doing a couple candle for love and the male side of the candle burns completely down, but the other side still stands. It could mean that the works is going to effect the male side faster than the woman side. Perhaps the woman is more resistant to the work. If the male side of the candle drips over the woman's side, the man may be falling for the woman and more into the woman more than the woman is into him.

If 3 candles burn down, and the end result looked like a brain, well it would be important to know what the work was for. A brain can symbolize many different things given what the work is for.

Lastly, if you need help interpreting the candles figures in the future, then you should contact a reader that ceromancy. They will be able to give you a better and more accurate meaning to your work specifically.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Simpleme

Unread post by Simpleme » Mon May 31, 2010 9:26 pm

Really interesting information here about reading the signs from the way the candle burns.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:14 am

So sooty candles for a break up candle and other negative work is a great sign. Does the sooty candle signify obstacles within the relationship? A friend asked me about this the other day, and I wasn't too sure.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:50 am

I actually see it differently. Sooty candles indicate resistance and obstacles to your work. If a vigil turns all sooty and black then it can also indicate that your work has been found out. Of course signs can be subjective and contextual so I'd recommend doing a quick reading of your preferred method of divination in order to ascertain what the signs mean in the bigger picture.

I refer to the following line from the HITAP (http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html) : "If the work is being done against an enemy and the enemy's candle burns sooty and dirty, then it is likely that the enemy is fighting your influences."

In the context of break up work and enemy work I'd still take a sooty candle as signs of open resistance, obstacles, and possible discovery of your work.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

ANGEL007

Unread post by ANGEL007 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:16 pm

yeah that was a tite lil link 8-)

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:20 pm

ConjureMan

This about sum's up my beliefs rather well on this subject. About the only sign that changes meaning it a broken candle, thats a great sign, but only ever when you are doing break up work.
HRCC Student #1559

giovanna_1530

Unread post by giovanna_1530 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:09 am

Okay, so i keep vigil lights burning in my house for protection(with the appropriate LM condition oils, of course:-) at all times. While I am at home, they sit on my alter, but while I am at work I leave them sitting on a round glass dish, made for candles, on the island in my kitchen(we have a monitored fire alarm system and this is closest to the sensor, though a normally burning candle will not set it off). well, last night I fell asleep on my couch and I wake up to the sound of glass breaking. My first thought was that one of my vigils cracked(the kitchen and living room are open to each other, i should probably mention). They were on my alter at the time so i checked them and they were fine. This morning I go into my kitchen and there is the glass dish, broken right in half! There was nothing close to it, nothing fell on it, it was just split right in two! Is this a sign, or am i paranoid, or is there so rational explanation for this? Any opinions are welcome.
PS I also just had a St. Michael candle set on the LM alter yesterday for the protection of my husband, who is away working. I wonder if this could be connected?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:31 am

Could be coincidental...signs are personal...sometimes things take a hit for you.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:57 am

If the dish did take a hit for you then be very happy and thankful! What an interesting experience!

Good luck,

-joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

giovanna_1530

Unread post by giovanna_1530 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:08 pm

Let me give you an update on this situation: I went to work today and while there i realized that my cell phone ringer wasn't working. Came home and started checking the settings and they all say that they are on, go to the home phone to call myself only to realize that the outlet is black and burnt and the phone is dead! Both phones are broken at the same time! I find this really upsetting because my husband is away for work and this obviously interferes with communication. These things combined with the dish breaking neatly in half lead me to believe that someone is working to break us up. Oh, and did I mention his ex is a witch? Well, yes she is. I am only a beginning spell caster and am afraid that this situation is beyond me. Is there anyone who can recommend someone to help?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:21 pm

readersandrootworker.org

Start doing some uncrossing work and protection work if you really think this is true. I think you should consider getting a reading from Cat or Miss Bri (thats who I would recommend) You can look at the testimonials, and their info pages of any of the readers to get a feel for who you like.

giovanna_1530

Unread post by giovanna_1530 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:25 pm

Thank you for the recommendation- i didn't know where to start.

Buttercup

Unread post by Buttercup » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:33 pm

edit: two replies while I was writing my post? I should really start typing faster if I want my posts to actually help people instead of repeating stuff without knowing that I do so! :oops:

I am not sure if I got this correctly,but if I understood your post then there might be a chance that the dish broke because of the heat from the candles. If this has nothing to do with heat then my second thought would be,agreeing with ritual sound,that the dish may have taken the hit for you. The broken phone thing may be due to the fact that you got worried because of the broken dish and let negativity into your life. Either way you should get a reading to see what's going on and what you can do about it. Some cleansing will definitely help too.
The following link is for the AIRR page. This page has many readers and rootworkers you can hire to help you with your situation. I don't have anyone in particular to recommend,but if you look in the testimonials section of the LM boards you can read some members' experiences with some of those readers.
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

lotusflower

Unread post by lotusflower » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Just wondering, on the lucky mojo site it says that if your candle burns quicker than the 7 days, to light a new candle immediately after if you feel you should. So what about the name paper? Do you just put the new candle on top of that name paper or do you make a new name paper and then put the new candle over that? Also, what would you do with the old candle glass? Bury it?

giovanna_1530

Unread post by giovanna_1530 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:58 pm

threre were no candles on the dish at the time- it just split, i heard when it happened. Can glass crack hours after the heat is removed?And there was no heat.I use glass encased vigil lights and don't let them burn all the way to the bottom to aviob cracked glass.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:59 pm

You can reuse the name paper...

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:10 pm

glass can crack if it's heated and then cooled: i've never heard of it happening hours after though. I'd get a reading... it may be nothing but best to be sure!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:35 pm

with the old glass, recycle it or throw it away.

lotusflower

Unread post by lotusflower » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:00 pm

Thank you both!!!!

rosario411

Unread post by rosario411 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi. This is actually my first post but have been reading the forum for a while now and would like some help on a meaning or what you think it means..I burned a black woman and man candle to seperate my husband from a mistress since I wanted to take advantage of the moon phase. I dresswd it with break up oil and put it on a plate underneath 3 pictures I have of them together. Well the woman side about half way made to wicks so there were actually 3 flames and the womans side was full of wax really messy while the mans side was clean. I don't have the candle burning book yet but would like some insight?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:19 pm

i would recommend that you get a reading, that is particular to your situation. Please refer to this http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA3

You should watch the way the wax flows, and for divination and images in the wax. Furthermore, with there being 3 flames in the woman's side perhaps she is coming in between the two of you, which is obvious. I would consider getting a reading.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:26 pm

Perhaps the messy wax pertaining to the woman means she is going to cause this break up to be pretty messy, but your husband is going to be able to make a clean break. Or she is going to be a big mess during this break up and she is not going to let him go so easily. Whatever the case, I would get a reading to be totally sure.

rosario411

Unread post by rosario411 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi. I actually have had readings done and they all state that she will leave him. I have someone working on my case but I am doing work on the side since I stumbled on this site. It has not been easy but I am fighting for my marriage.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:09 pm

well this is why you should get a reading regarding the candle burning specifically. Asking on a forum leaves candle interpretation open to all sorts of meanings. So I would get a reading. www.readersandrootworkers.org and make sure your rootworker is okay with you doing rootworker on the side.

nena1974

Unread post by nena1974 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:44 am

i am doing a honey jar for my ex boyfriend. yesterday i burned a candle with clarity, king solomon and crucible of courage oil. The wax that melted looked clearly like a man knealing before the woman, they almost looked like they were embracing. any thoughts?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:44 pm

Signs are personal. So whatever you personally infer from this shape is what is going to be most relevant to your situation. I mean you did something for clarity and wisdom so perhaps the ex boyfriend is going to finally see things clearly and apologize. I would recommend that you get a reading, so see how this relates to your situation.

Crescent Moon

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:33 pm

Got my reading today... and I feel wonderful... I got a lot of work a head of me.
just one thing happened, after dressing my white 3" candle and carved everything I was suppose to and placed it on my petition came back to check on it and it spilled over, so I just let it continue to burn...
will this interrupt my work? :o
should I have put it into a votive glass? :?

I am so Happy I found LM
Happy I found LM I love this place
Thank You St. Expedite 4 help and St. Michael 4 protection

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:31 am

If it just fell over it could have not been positioned right or off balance. Put it in a candle holder next time.

Crescent Moon

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:20 am

Ok, well I did have it one but it wasn't tall enough, so I will go out and get some... Thank you starinthesky7

Crescent Moon

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:26 am

Candles of the same size but for different things, When one burns out faster then others is there some kind of meaning? I think my protection candle is burning faster then the other ones.

I am so Happy I found LM

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:46 am

The info you seek is on this page:

Good luck!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson

Crescent Moon

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:00 pm

Thank you so much...very interesting too...

I am so Happy I found LM

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:22 pm

You're welcome...it's one of my favorite subjects...

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson

Crescent Moon

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:43 pm

well can you tell me what happens when you face your candle towards a mirror, An candle asking for peace tranquility harmony and good luck...

geordielass

Unread post by geordielass » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:57 am

I have been doing a moving spell over last 2 days, 3rd day today, and as I lit candles today there was 3/4 of each figural candle left. The target(woman black figural candle) has burnt out in just over an hour while the 'new' man I am sending her to(pink figural candle) has only burnt down about 2 cms. The strange part of this is the shape the melted wax has left behind. The target was in middle of the 3 candles facing to the right and her new man. Behind her is the man I wish her to leave and they are separated by a pair of open scissors, points also pointing to the right. The wax has formed a definite shape of a person facing left or back towards the man I wish her to leave, the figure has arms and feet, Ok by now you must think I am bonkers! One of the points of the scissors is embedded in the wax and looks like it is through the heart area and the other blade is on top of wax which forms the 'feet' as if stopping them moving.
Can anyone explain why the candle burnt away so quick or the shapes left by the wax, I am really intrigued and do think there is a message in there somewhere. :?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:27 am

What signs you see in the wax are very personal - what do they look like and mean * to you*.

Here is some info on traditional candle divination:
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

geordielass

Unread post by geordielass » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:02 am

Hi, thanks for reply, I had looked at that info and was hoping someone might have a better idea than me on what it meant. Another thing, what do I do with remains as 'new man' is still half good but I presume as she has burnt out that thats the end of that moving candle spell. Got to say I have never seen a figural candle burn out so quick.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:38 pm

I would burn the rest of the other candle , and then dispose of it properly.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:26 pm

Read here for proper burial...http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Dee_2

Unread post by Dee_2 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Hello all!

I just finished a break up spell. I must say the candle made strange shapes as it was burning. At one point, it look like a human being with an arm pointed out. (for what it's worth, the *arm* was pointed away from me) And when it finished it burned clean but a small portion of the wax bubbled out of the holder...in fact it went under the holder. This seemed strange to me. I've never had a candle burn that way. However, while it was burning...the flame was very strong...it didn't even flicker that I noticed.
IMO, the wax underneath the holder was indicating that there are hidden things about this relationship that I'm not aware of. The flame burning strong seemed to me to indicate it was working. That's just my take on it though.

Any comments?

Dee

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:49 pm

I would get a reading regarding this if you want to know more. Personally, asking on a forum leaves your candle burning open to many different interpretations that might not even be relevant to your situation. Signs are very personal as we have said many times on this forum so if thats what you interpret then that might be the case. If you want something relevant to your situation then you should get a reading.

ohwhygeorgia

Unread post by ohwhygeorgia » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:00 pm

I was encourages to light cleanse and clear candles as well as road opener candles twice a week for the next week. My rootworker suggested it would help me with reconneting with an ex.
Cleanse and clear on Tuesday, the first one seemed to burn not too long, and not too short.
No real excess wax every where.

Now when I did the road opener today, I made sure to ask the candle in my petition to be open to having a relationship again. I said wanted him to want me back, and realize that we are meant to be together.

The candle burned more quickly than the cleanse and clear, but not too fast. I let it burn free standing on a plate, and to my suprise the orange wax formed a ying yang shape on the plate

I need to take a picture of it, it's amazing. The orange takes up half of the white plate in the shape of one of the halfs.

Is this a good sign?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:29 am

I think you need to contact your rootworker, and ask them to do a divination on what this could mean. Asking the rootworker will best help you as they already know the circumstances of your situation. In addition, signs, and things like this are personal, and you are going to get all kinds of answers on what this means. So to make sure you are getting the best most forward answer...ask your rootworker. In addition, I would look up what the ying yang sign means and what that means your your situation.

luckycharms13

Unread post by luckycharms13 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:41 pm

During the initial burn of blue Adam & Eve candles for a moving spell for ongoing Reconciliation work, the ashtray in between the candles that was burning Healing, Hindu Grass and Uncrossing incense shattered into 3 large pieces. Was I burning too much incense, or is this a sign? What would it indicate? Also the flame on my candle is very tall and a bit dark; his is shorter but brighter. Any thoughts? Thanks!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:30 am

Signs are personal as we have said many times on the board. In addition, asking about signs on the board you will get all kinds of answers that might not be relevant to your situation I would recommend that you get a small 10 minute reading. Miss Bri does them to name one off the top of my head.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:53 am

If the ashtray was made of glass, it may mean nothing at all.

luckycharms13

Unread post by luckycharms13 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:03 pm

I had a 60 min. reading on the situation a couple weeks ago, but since the ashtray was glass I'm not going to read too much into it... Thanks!

BUFFY2327

Unread post by BUFFY2327 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:58 am

i have been burning my spell candles for 3 wks now.

I'm on my 4th candle.

the first 2 candles burned in 5 days. But the 3 candle burned for 7 days it just went out & I started on my 4th. I Chanted my prayer over my candle & put a lot of energy into it & it started burning better the flame is higher

can anyone tell me wats goin on? I need live feed back can someone let me no wats happening?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:35 pm

Could be the wick was trimmed too low.

Could be you put too much oil onto it.

Could be that candle is just going to need to be worked a bit to get to a good burn (many candles start slow and almost drown and need to be worked before burning right).

Could be there was initial blockages that then were overcome.

It could be many different things.

If you want a specific read on how your burns are going, you should book a reading with a rootworker who can divine on the situation.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Littlestar

Unread post by Littlestar » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:56 am

I did a 7 day vigil candle with a red pull out for st martha dominator and it finished burning down. It left a little wax left on bottom - the top half of completly black although bottom half completly clear. How should I take that? And because of the way it burnt what should I do with the glass and remaining wax? Bury it? Crossroads? Thrrow it out?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:58 am

You probably should get a reading so you can get a better assessment of what this means for your situation. It seems St. martha is probably experiencing some heavy opposition.

Recycle the glass or throw it away

Please read previous threads as we have discussed many of these topics previously.

MadamX

Unread post by MadamX » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:39 am

I haven't seen this question addressed anywhere on the forums.

I am a beginner to this work, and so far, I have done two candle workings. Each time, as I've lit my candles and made my request, it's as if the melting wax starts to boil at the beginning of the spell, and slowly calms down as the work goes on. Is this a good sign that my petition has been heard and is being responded to?

emu81684

Unread post by emu81684 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:15 pm

Is there any particular way to interpret the wax that has melted to the side of the honey jar? I have been working this jar for a while and have found that it gives me just the right boost I need periodically and love it unconditionally for helping me but Ive noticed when I have done road clearing burnings on top of it (when things got muddled) that the wax has covered a good portion of the side. I have the typical burn marks on the top of the jar from candles dressed with oils and herbs and when the remaining wicks were burned, but I wonder about the wax on the side and how it can, if at all, be interpreted. And also what to do with it if it breaks off. At the moment I have it resting in a clear, clean mason jar since I don't want to get rid of it yet, or at least improperly. Like I said, I literally get day after results with this jar and my connection with my target only grows stronger so I don't know what to do with the wax on the sides. I don't want it to all chip off and end up being lost without being disposed of properly. Thank you for your help.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:09 am

I would just dispose of the wax properly such as in a potted plant or at your door step periodically. The flow of the wax on the side can mean many things, and I would advise that you get a reading so that it can be personal to your situation, and you do not have to play the guessing game with the answers you are going to get. I mean it can mean tears are going to be cried before this person comes towards you. Im not sure if they will be tears of joy or hurt. Perhaps tears have been there in the past, and are no longer an issue. Or it could mean that this persons love is flowing for you. Again, a few interpretations. I would recommend getting a reading.

emu81684

Unread post by emu81684 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:46 pm

Thank you star for your compliment and help. I will do just that. Thank you again.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”