Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

2019: May 11 - 12 Hoodoo Heritage Festival

Annual May workshops at MISC, instructing hoodoo, ecumenical religious practices, and folk magic traditions from around the world.
Naught1usMax1mus
HRCC Grad-Apprentice
2019: May 11 - 12 Hoodoo Heritage Festival

Unread post by Naught1usMax1mus » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Hello all! I have to submit my 2019 vacation days request for work in the next couple weeks; do we have a ballpark weekend for next year yet? I’m going to try to ask for every weekend in May except Memorial Day weekend preliminarily. Thanks for any info! Looking forward to it!
HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1398

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: 2019: May 11 - 12 Hoodoo Heritage Festival

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:46 pm

Sorry, no date yet -- but it will be in May!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:11 pm

The date has been selected: Saturday and Sunday May 11 - 12, 2019 in Forestville, California.

As i announced about four years ago, i will turn 72 at this Festival and this will be the last Hoodoo Heritage festival that i (cat yronwode) will personally be hosting.

The line-up of presenters and programs has not yet been set (we usually firm that up by December) and tickets are not on sale yet (they usually go on sale January 1st).

However -- we have five (out of ten) TENTATIVE presenters so far: Lady Muse, Papa Newt, Miss Robin, Jeremy Weiss and me. And we have five TENTATIVE workshop topics (out of ten) planned (which i am keeping cool on for now).

The selection of this date means that my FREE APPRENTICESHIP WEEK for May 2019 will be held from Monday through Friday, May 6 through May 10. This will be the Week Two Apprenticeship:

Week Two: Oils; Incenses; Mojo Hands
Monday: Oils and Salves Lecture; Making Oils
Tuesday: Making, Labelling, and Praying Over Oils
Wednesday: Incenses Lecture; Making Incenses
Thursday: Making and Praying Over Incenses
Friday: Mojo Hand Lecture; making Mojo Hands

If you have been planning to come to a Hoodoo Heritage Festival to take workshops. hook up with the community, see me, take my Apprenticeship program, or hang out at the Lucky Mojo shop, this will be your LAST opportunity to do all five of these things in a single one-week time-frame.

I intend to continue to teach my Correspondence Course and to hold Free Apprenticeship Weeks, but after May 2019, they will not be connected to the Hoodoo Heritage Festival.

The organization that actually runs the Hoodoo Heritage Festival is the Association of Independent Spiritual Churches (AISC) and it will be the decision of the AISC Board as to whether there will be further HHF events after this one, if another host can be found. I have stated that i will be glad to participate as a teacher at any future HHF event, but at age 72, and after 12 straight years of doing the work, i am going to wrap up my hosting duties.

If you have any questions, just ask!
catherine yronwode

Naught1usMax1mus
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Naught1usMax1mus » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:38 am

Wonderful, thank you Miss Cat! You can bet I will be there that weekend!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:33 pm

And just a reminder for our friends from the center of the nation: The 2019 Hoodoo Heritage Festival will be held on the weekend of May 11th and 12th in Forestville, California ... and the weekend AfTER the Hoodoo Heritage Festival -- namely May 18th and 19th, 2019 -- the annual Spring Mystic Fest will be held in Council Bluffs, Iowa, sponsored by Charlie Odorizzi of Next Millennium Books & Gifts in Omaha, Nebraska, and featuring our dear friend and colleague, Papa Newt. So if you can't make it out to see Papa Newt's West Coast appearance, be sure to catch a train, plane, bus, or car to check him out at the finest metaphysical fair in the midwest.
catherine yronwode

Naught1usMax1mus
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Naught1usMax1mus » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:53 am

Also, everyone who is planning on attending the weekend, you might want to think about making lodging reservations soon. May 12 is Mother’s Day, which will be busy in the glorious wine country.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:10 pm

That's true!

Folks often find ways to share rooms, to cut expenses. Also, there are now Air B'n'B places all around the county.
catherine yronwode

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Hoodoo Heritage Festival Workshops”