Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:48 pm

Hadadat --

Yes. Eating that jar of honey, a spoon at a time, one spoon per day, will be your penance. Make the second jar at the start, but eat that first jar to eat your words. I would not say it if i did not prescribe it.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Hadadat

Unread post by Hadadat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:17 pm

Ok, I see. So, eat one spoon of honey per day from the first jar, till it's all consumed, but I can also restart a new jar at the same time? And I can reuse the personal effects from the first jar in the new one, correct? There are some flowers he gave me mixed in with the honey, can i pick those out to add to the new jar as well? Thank you for being so helpful. 😓

Deliciousdonut

Unread post by Deliciousdonut » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:44 am

Hey group I think I have something I can be exited about, i started my honey jar Saturday and the first candle dropped all over the honey bottle, lit another one this morning and it burned high and clear with know dripping does that mean my honey jar is working? And can I burn a candle for my jar every day?

Fenty

Unread post by Fenty » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:15 pm

I have a question regarding Honey Jars. This will be my first time attempting to create Honey Jars. They are for 3 seperate people.

- one for a man i had an interview with in my line of work. He would make a great mentor. But we have lost touch over some months. I plan to contact him again about the mentorship and want him to be receptive to the idea and willing to assist me in advancing in my field. Can i use his picture as the personal item?

- the other 2 people are for love interests who I want to be open to the idea of marriage soon. One guy Ive dated off and on for 2yrs. The 2nd guy Ive known about 6months.

So my question is do I create 3 separate honey jars for each of them? If so, what kind of oils should I use, and any specific instructions I should follow. If honey jars are not ideal to this situation, any recommendations on what I can do instead?

Thanks in advance for all your help

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Hello, Fenty, and thanks for joining the Lucky Mojo Forum.

First, consider what a sweet (sugar, honey, or molasses) jar is for: It is to make someone sweet. That is, they are to be sweet, kindly, loving, gentle, verbally agreeable, and generous.

This is ideal for your mentor. You want favour to be shown. Add a petition aper folded into a packet, with his name and your wish on the paper. In the packet, place herbs that are used for influence. We make a honey jar for this purpose, with all ingredients and instructions. It is the Influence Honey Jar kit:

SPL-HON-INFL
Influence Another's Mind for Any Good Purpose Honey Spell
$20.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Sweetening spells may be considered adjectival, that is, they are used for sweetening reconciliation, sweetening reunion, sweetening a judge or jury, sweetening a probation or parole officer, sweetening sex, sweetening marriage, sweetening a boss, sweetening co-workers, sweetening a workplace, sweetening friendships, sweetening a loan officer, sweetening a landlord, sweetening a pet, sweetening in-laws, sweetening an ex, sweetening a spiritual entity, etc.

For more information and practical magical tips on how to use sweetening spells for both proxy work (as in a honey or sugar jar) and in direct contact work (as in touching, dressing, feeding, bathing, or drinking) please refer to this book:

BOO-GRI-HHSS
Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells by Deacon Millett
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Next we have the two men whom you "want to be open to the idea of marriage soon."

If they are not already sweet, kindly, loving, gentle, verbally agreeable, and generous, you should not be wanting to marry either of them. There is not much point in asking for a marriage proposal from someone who is sour, unkind, rough, verbally disputational, and stingy!

So why do people use sugar jars on lovers or marital partners? Not to get a proposal, but to sooth them and reorient them to kindliness whenever the relationship hits a rocky patch or to overcome their tendency to stinginess when it is time to open their wallets.

This leaves the question of what would be better for getting a marriage proposal, and i will say that a skull candle, white, dressed with marriage oil would be more to my way of working.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Elisa

Unread post by Elisa » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:37 am

Hello,

I have a question regarding the honey jar spell. I have made a honey jar around 2 weeks ago in regards to a man for whom l have feelings, and l believe they are reciprocated. However as l am very shy l have always kept them hidden despite his attempts to have me open up. There has been much heartache and misunderstanding in our dealings because of these “unspoken” emotions so we have agreed that we are meeting next week to talk. I have made a honey jar (complete with mine and his hair entwined and a piece of his handwriting inside the petition paper) and burned candles on it during the waxing of the moon and will resume when the moon begins to wax again. For the first time in a few months now l felt very peaceful and warm feelings the night l started the jar. My intent was something along the line “we have feelings for each other and we are not afraid to call it love. HIS NAME do not be afraid to love me and choose me”.

Now, l have two questions.

FIRST QUESTION:

I intend to make cookie for this gentleman with the honey from the honey jar, or just give him the honey as a gift (he loves it).

1. How long must l work the jar before l do that?

2. Can l start a new jar with the same intent?

3. Can l re-use the same petition paper and items or have to make a new one for a new jar?

SECOND QUESTION is:

I have noticed the petition paper is starting to unfold. It has not opened or released the contents but it is no longer tight.

4. I had thought of wrap a piece of red thread around it but l was afraid it could “bind” the spell in the wrong way, this being a sweetening spell rather than a commanding one.

5. What happens if it opens up and release the contents, can l still work the jar that way or have to start a new jar?

Thank you very much for your help, it means a lot to me at this time in my life.
Elisa

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:19 am

Hello, Elisa, and welcome to the forum.

I have merged your post into the 18-page thread on "General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers" because these questions, although new to you, have often been asked -- and answered. Please do not start new threads, but do read the previous ten years of questions and answers to help yourself, whenever possible.

Okay, having given my pitch for self-learning, i will answer your questions:

1. There is no "must." You can pray over any food at the time you make it and serve it fresh at table.

2. Yes, you certainly can.

3. I am going tell you to learn a better way to make a petition, because your petition is troubling you, as per your questions 4 and 5.

4. Your petition paper is unfolding because it is not a packet. You can tie it with string, of course, or pin it shut with safety pins (often used to hold someone close. Your idea that tying up a packet automatically makes the spell a "binding" spell is silly and either the result of your unfamiliarity with African-American folk magic or of your trying to create a rule-set for yourself or being told a rule-set by people who are equally unfamiliar with hoodoo. Folding, tying, pinning, wrapping and all other forms of closure are processes used to secure the spell, not to bind a person.

5. Well, since you did not specify "the contents" of your folded paper, i cannot answer that, but if "the contents" are toxic or inedible, that would mess up the honey. Now, to the real solution to your problem: No one has taught you how to fold a packet. A packet is not the same as a folded petition paper of the type one might put under a candle. It is in-folded in a way to contain its contents. As i said above, packets may be made by folding, tying, pinning, or wrapping -- and of all o these, the most elegant for sugar jars (and honey jars) is the self-folded paper packet. You may find how to make these in two of my books -- "Paper in My Shoe" (which is all about petition papers) and "The Art of Making Mojos" (which is all about mojo hands and conjure bags).These books are availabe through us -- or through Amazon, or any good occult book shop. This page will help you:

Lucky Mojo Publishing
http://luckymojo.com/publishing.html

I am glad that you are working in a traditional way -- and i now suggest that you pick up some more traditional tips and tricks of hoodoo for your arsenal of down-home conjure methods.

Best of luck to you.
catherine yronwode

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:43 pm

I must just say that my petition paper unfolded inside my honey jar. I've followed suggestions that were made here, and in the honey jar kit, when making it - putting all the herbs and personal concerns inside, then folded it towards me as per the instructions. I wrote here back then it was nearly impossible to fold because of everything in there - and it has indeed unfolded inside. Nothing is toxic and truthfully I don't intend to be using the honey anyway, and I do feel the honey jar has been working perfectly.

Edward T
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Edward T » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:58 pm

Antiviral
Sorry that happened to you. First try using just a pinch of each herb your putting in your petition paper. You may just have too much in there that it’s becoming bulky.
If you don’t have a copy of paper in my shoe. I would highly suggest getting a copy. There’s a nice illustration on how to fold a petition paper. It works great!!!!
http://www.luckymojo.com/paperinmyshoe.html
Good luck. Edward T
HRCC Graduate #1985 --Hoodoo Psychics, Reader, Forum Moderator, Rootworker

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:29 pm

The honey jar is still working though. And I cannot remake it anyway because the personal concerns in there are ones I'm unlikely to be able to get again. But I'm happy with it. I followed the instructions for folding as they were in the kit and because it's not a packet I suspect it often unfolds, but still works. I suppose if I wanted to cook with it I'd have a problem, but I don't intend to.

Elisa

Unread post by Elisa » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:25 am

Hello Catherine, thank you very much for your kindness in replying to this. Yes l have read several other posts before submitting mine trying to find an answer but perhaps l was not lucky enough, l apologise for that.

No, my petition hasn’t unfolded, it still resembles a packet. Because my friend who does rootwork told me to start right away while the moon was still waxing, l proceeded the same night with what l had at hand. She said l could go with the basics since l had the most important items: his hair, my hair, and his handwriting. She suggested to add the vanilla pod and l added cinnamon as a herb on my intuition. So l checked this tutorial video from a lady on YouTube, Ms Palmita, to learn how to fold a petition paper. I wrote his name 3 times, then turned the paper clockwise and crossed it with my name 3 times. Then l wrote my petition all around the names in a circle without ever stopping my hand, in a continuous line and, to my surprise, l succeeded at the first attempt. Applied a little olive oil 5 points. Then a made a knot with my hair around his hair and placed it there along with two tiny photos of us, our faces facing each other. Then added whatever l had at hand: a little vanilla bourbon beans from the pod and a little cinnamon. Placed the piece of his handwritten note to me and wrote his name and date of birth on the back. I folded it like Ms Pamita had recommended: 3 times towards me until l could fold no more, then turned it clockwise, fold it again towards me 3 times, turned it again and fold it again until l could fold no more. It turned out quite tightly folded. I had a piece of red string at hand but since Ms Pamita had placed at the bottom of the jar without securing it in any way l thought perhaps there is a reason why she doesn’t do that, that’s why l thought there might be something wrong with securing it with string or pins.

Thank you Catherine for your advice on that book, l will immediately buy it, l do not want to make mistakes. Then l ate three spoons of honey while reciting my petition aloud and finally placed the petition at the bottom of the jar along with the vanilla pod, a little cinnamon and sprinkled everything with brown sugar. I also added a tiny tiny statue of the Black Virgin Mary that is at the sanctuary in my hometown because that’s where l went to ask her to help me make this relationship work through sweet and more open heartfelt communication. I finally sealed the jar, grabbed a pink candle, inscribed his name on it as l was reciting my petition, dressed it with a little olive oil and rose essential oil and burned it. I kept burning one every day for as long as the moon was waxing and stopped as it began to wane. I have now purchased the proper oils and herbs that l am going to use on the candle when the moon starts waxing again. In the meantime, l still work my jar everyday without burning the candle: l warm it by placing it in warm water (for instance last night the jar was with me in the bathtub while l handled it, caressed it and talk to it) and praying over it, reciting my petition and reading from the Song of Solomon loud.

I don’t feel the petition opening up is an issue now because it is still tight, only the external corners have lifted. My question was more a concern for the future: what happens if it eventually opens up? Shall l start the jar again? That’s why l was considering feeding him the honey. Sorry, perhaps l did not make myself clear, English is not my mother tongue! I hope l will never have to open it for a long time because l feel l have very good feelings about it. It seems to me that the jar is simultaneously working on me: as soon as l sealed it l no longer felt the frustration and resentment I had experienced before, four days later l was even able to go and tell him that l was sorry for raising my voice to him, and l did so without feeling miserable or anything, rather feeling quite relaxed and joyous. He understood and l believe appreciated it.

Thank Catherine you for helping me out and pointing me to the right direction, so l can learn the right basics.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:10 pm

aniviel ,

Not uncommon to happen, only downside is cooking with it, otherwise the jar is perfectly able to continue its work. I would order the book Edward T suggested as it will teach you many ways to fold a petition and use them in many other workings.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:35 pm

I will for the next one :) I know it'll come in handy for other things I'm planning. Thank you JayDee

Jevaud

Unread post by Jevaud » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:08 pm

I'm planning for a reconciliation honey jar spell. My target's legal name has changed, like completely. Not through any marital status or anything, he went to court and straight up changed his name completely; no vestige left of his birth name at all; first, middle and last name absolutely changed. I have both names fully, I just wanted to gain opinions from the community as to which, if not both would a practitioner use.

I do have personal concerns of his so I'm not worried about using the wrong name, as I feel both are tied to him. I felt however that this would be an interesting topic to discuss as I'm not sure if such an occurrence has been addressed yet.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Jevaud ,

I would use the name he has changed it to and goes by since he has a strong connection to that name and selected it for use. This is a bit deeper then someone going by a nick name or has a real name as John but everyone calls him Ryan, this is a person who went ahead to court and legally changed it, therefore its the name I would use. That is my opinion lol. Great you have a personal concern that is a strong connection to the target.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Jevaud

Unread post by Jevaud » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:54 am

Thank you Jay Dee. That makes absolute sense. One would want to use the name he properly identifies himself with. So I will use that, and note this in my root work notebook.

Fenty

Unread post by Fenty » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:05 pm

So I am working on creating a honey jar for 3 different people. i have a few questions and could use some help. This will be my first time creating a honey jar. The 3 people are

- my boss (to convert my contract position to a permanent one)
- for a man I want to be my mentor in my career field
- a coworker who is in a higher position, to use his influence and connections to help me secure a permanent position, and help me financially

Questions

1) Can I use the same jar for all 3 people?

2) What herbs can I add to the honey jar for the purposes listed above?

3) Can I print out their pictures on regular printer paper then write my petition on the back and fold into a sachet with the herbs, or just stick with writing on parchment paper?

4) I bought green candles for this purpose since it deals with money and career advancement. Or is a different color candle recommended?

5) How often do I burn a new candle - i read somewhere on the forum Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

6) I also plan to dress the candle and anoint the paper with Crown of Success, Road Opener and John the Conqueror oils.

7) Do I fill the jars with honey first, then insert the folded paper sachets, or should i place the folded sachets at the bottom of the jar, then pour the honey on top.

Sorry if the questions are redundant. This is my first time

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:47 pm

Hello, Fenty, and welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forum.

Your questions have been asked -- and answered -- many times on this Forum. Since you did not say that you were familiar with it, i would like you to start by reading this web page, which is part of my free online book, "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" (HITAP):

HONEY JAR AND SUGAR BOX MAGIC SPELLS TO SWEETEN PEOPLE
http://luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

Also, i sincerely recommend that if you wish to make your own honey jars or sugar jars, then rather that ask questions, you also study the entire subject of sweetening spells in a wider context, via this book by Deacon Millett on Honey and Sugar spells -- it gives many recipes you can make at home, for all sorts of situations, including business, but also love, friendship, and even health and beauty:

BOO-GRI-HHSS
Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells: by Deacon Millett
$9.00

Now, on to your questions:

1) Yes, because they are all part of the same situation.

2) Go to "Hoodoo at a Glance," a free, online resource, for herbs listed by purpose. The URL is:

"Hoodoo at a Glance"
http://luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

3) You can use photos.

4) Green candles for money or yellow for success.

5) Go read the page i cited above:

HONEY JAR AND SUGAR BOX MAGIC SPELLS TO SWEETEN PEOPLE
http://luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

You don't need ANY candles to make a honey jar spell. Your frequency of burning is your choice. Three times a week is common. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday is a typical way used in both mundane and magical sequencing to get three almost-regularly-spaced intervals out of a seven-day week.

6) Dressing the candle is fine -- but if you intend to cook with the honey (cookies for the office, for instance) do not put oils on the photo-papers. Your choice of Crown of Success, Road Opener and John the Conqueror oils is not what i would have chosen. I would select Boss Fix for the Boss, Crown of Success for the mentor, Money Drawing for the one from whom you wish to have financial help, and Influence for the whole lot of them. You can buy a pre-mixed blend of these oils from us by ordering a Rootworker's and Churches Special. Read more about these custom 4 oz. blends here:

BLENDING LUCKY MOJO HOODOO OILS AND ORDERING ROOTWORKERS AND CHURCHES SPECIAL BLENDS
http://www.luckymojo.com/oilblends.html

7) It is customary to start with a jar of honey or sugar.. You push the papers into the sweetener, taste the sweetener, and say your prayer, once for each prson's paper, in this instance.

Had you bought a honey jar kit from us, you would have had all of those instructions and more included.

SPL-HON-BOSS
Boss, Manager, Co-Workers Fix Honey Spell
$20.00

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Fenty

Unread post by Fenty » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:33 am

Thank you thank you thank you - catherineyronwode! This was very helpful. I'll definitely read up on the links provided. Thank you again

Saracatt
Newly Registered

Unread post by Saracatt » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I am working on a honey jar spell - a love/come to me - spell. I love honey jars. I have had a lot of success with them in the past.

I saw in other comments mention of a male/female paired lodestone set. Would you put that into the jar? Wouldn't that be messy? Or would you leave them next to it?

Also, I was thinking of experimenting with sugar instead of honey this time. Have you all found that there is a difference? I read the article on the site. Is it just a personal choice whether to use honey or another sweetener?

Thanks!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Saracatt --

The lodestones one would normally put into a small jar or bottle spell would be grit or gravel size not the size of stones or rocks. You could fold them up in a paper packet.

Whether to use sugar or honey -- or pancake syrup or molasses -- is a choice of convenience and personal taste. There are spells that call for sugar and honey to be mixed, also.

Honey has the advantage of never going bad. Sugar has the advantage of being more readily useful in cookery
catherine yronwode

Saracatt
Newly Registered

Unread post by Saracatt » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:15 pm

That makes sense. Thank you!

Dareth
Newly Registered

Unread post by Dareth » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:15 pm

Greetings All,

I’m fairly new at hoodoo and I’ve been doing a honey jar spell for a couple of months.

Well today, the jar cracked and I don’t know what that signifies.

I’ve looked online for answers but couldn’t find anything.

Does anyone know what this means? Thanks

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:08 pm

Hello, Dareth, and welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forum.

I am sorry to tell you, but when any tool, container, or curio used in a magic spell accidentally cracks, breaks, explodes, catches on fire, falls into the toilet, get's lost. or is eaten by domestic or wild animals -- that is a sign the spell is broken or ruined. It is not going to keep on working. It is dead.

However, merely accepting that it is dead is not helpful for future planning, so i think that you ought to do a divination -- and your questions ought to cover the following concepts:

Was this accidental spell ruination and the death of this spell signifying to me that:

* i lack consistency and focus in my work
* the person i am working on is angrily fighting back
* a third party is attacking my work
* my work is not favourable to God as it is not justified and righteous
* spirit is telling me to give up and stop trying to accomlish this via magic
* it's just an accident or a natural disaster and i shouldn't sweat it

You can get your answers via any divination tool or system that works for you. If you cannot do divination on your own spell-castng, you could hire a seer to determine the answer for you.

Once you know what the death of the spell actually signifies, you can decide -- or ask, via your divination system -- whether you should start over or just stop.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”