Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spell Timing: Eclipses and Retrogrades

Miss Athena
Site Admin
Re: Spell Timing: Eclipses and Retrogrades

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:51 pm

Hi MoonGoddessKat,

You could certainly do the spell in January and see what kind of signs you get. Then, if needed, you can perform it again in time for the next full moon.

Not all practitioners work by the cycles or the signs of the moon or worry about lunar eclipses, so you should be OK, if you strongly feel it is better for you to begin the work as needed and then repeat as necessary.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:43 am

MoonGoddessKat --

The tradition about eclipses is not to START anything on the eclipse. Ending a hot foot spell (which is what this seems to be, for the other person) on an eclipse is dandy!

Also, go back to your AIRR worker and ask that person why they gave you that particular instruction because whoever it was knows his or her business and had some reason to tell you to work this way. I choose not to second-guess my colleagues.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Graveyardhag

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:43 pm

I see on page 3 of this thread that Miss Cat has said that skullwork isn't advantageous during mercury retrograde.
I'm in the middle of a skull working at the moment and mercury goes retrograde next week, Would it be advised to put it away for the whole 3 weeks? It seems like a long time to halt the working, but of course I don't want to be doing sub-par work, or working to no effect.

I'm also curious if stop gossip spells would be a good idea during the retrograde? I'm thinking yes as it messes with communication?

And then further, do you also consider the shadow phases, or only the 3 weeks mercury is actually direct?
Thank you
Thank you St Martha, St Anthony & St Expedite for all you have done for me.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:19 pm

Graveyardhag ,

You can continue the work because you started it prior to the retrograde period started. This was discussed somewhere in the forum about using the moon phase and other spells. Yes stop gossip or silencing people, messing up communication even court cases would be good during a retrograde. Break up is also good because its likely for people to have miscommunications.
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

Graveyardhag

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:33 pm

Thanks JayDee, I don't have any court case work to be done lol but stop gossip, silencing someone and breaking up a friendship is all on the cards, just waiting on a big order that includes all my stop gossip stuff for that one. Hopefully it arrives before the retrograde ends I'd like to take advantage of those energies.
Thank you St Martha, St Anthony & St Expedite for all you have done for me.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi Graveyardhag,

It is generally advisable that you not begin any new spell while Mercury is in retrograde, as communication of any kind - including your petition - may be affected. You could do it if you have a pressing matter, but do make sure your communication is very clear.

You can continue work that was already started before the retrograde, as your petition has already been sent and received by Spirit.

I have used this as a general principle and it's never steered me wrong. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:07 pm

Graveyardhag,

On page 3 of this thread Miss Aida discusses how she uses retrogrades and what work to avoid and why during each stage, as Does Miss Cat. Another poster commented on how burning a mercury candle along with the work while doing it in a retrograde minimizes the effects. Miss Cat also gave some great tips on consulting an astrologer to determine if the planets current condition make any adverse connections in your chart that would make the retrograde effect things. Great discussion. I also believe a few of the AIRR workers do astrology charts.
AIRR: http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... ootworkers
Mercury oil: http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-mercury.html
Forum topic on astrology: astrology-and-the-zodiac-as-used-in-hoodoo-t3022.html
Lucky Mojo zodiac: http://www.luckymojo.com/zodiac.html
More lucky mojo info: http://www.luckymojo.com/zodiacal.html
Lucky mojo spell timing: http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/practic ... ml#timing1
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

Jevaud

Unread post by Jevaud » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:48 pm

I was curious about what other practitioners do in regard to spell work during a Mercury Rx. I assume they carry on with spell work regardless, but I wondered if any do any work during that time at all.

I'm about to experiment with using Mercury oil to anoint an offering to Mercury to ease the Retrograde effects; thinking an orange candle might do along with perhaps a Psalm associated with asking for Mercy. I tend to look at the energy more as 'trickster' energy than anything purely malelific.

Aside from this idea what do other practitioners do to alleviate retrograde symptoms.

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:19 am

Jevaud,

I do drawing work if needed but I go into knowing results may be delayed. Uncrossing and removing work I do as planned. I tend to wear Mercury oil on retrogrades and especially on Wednesdays. I hope your experiment is successful! I love working with the Seals of Solomon. Maybe you could select a pentacle of mercury as well if you want to work toward a specific goal.

Good Luck!
HRCC Graduate #2145

Alice Kyteler

Unread post by Alice Kyteler » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:31 am

Mercury retrograde is a time that usually kills me! And we have to add this weekend the upcomming eclipse. It's a new Moon eclipse, normally a time to start things, but not now in my opinion, eclipses usually take stuff away. I was born two days before a new Moon eclipse and normally in my life projects and a lot of things tend to finish abruptly in a very disruptive and surprisingly way, specially in job and career issues.

I have made a reversing spell this week, I had it planned for a future but I woke up in the morning a few days ago and had the chance so I went straight to the point and performed it. I did not pay attention to the upcomming eclipse and the retro motion. Curious the fact that I made this recently as the planet is going backwards (in a metaphorical way), and although still not oficially in retrograde, is in the shadow zone.
Thank you Saint Jude, glorious Apostle, miracle performer, because you took me back to Jesus.

Missionary-Independent.org

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”