Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Petition Papers and Name Papers Questions and Answers

How to select, dress, fix, empower, and employ Lucky Mojo magical amulets, charms, seals, papers, talismans, and jewelry.
Pegasus

Re: Petition Papers and Name Papers Questions and Answers

Unread post by Pegasus » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:38 am

Can the same petition paper be used again for the same spell?

My vigil candle has burnt out so I would like to light another one this week for the same purpose. Can I use the same petition or would I need to write out a fresh one?

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:05 am

Vibe77,

There are little ways to do a petition "wrong" per se however you haven't given much information about your spell to go off of.

- How exactly did you write the name?

- Which direction did you then the paper?

-What exactly is the purpose of the jar? ( I know you want this person to love you but is this a jar for the two of you to become closer are only for this person to love you more?)

All of these things will determine how you will write out your petition.

If you are attempting to sweeten your target to you then only their name will do. If you wish to draw the two of you closer together or really turn up the romance (or create it) between the two of you, you may use both your names.

You want to turn petitions of these sorts to the right to draw r attract something to you.

Also, did you place herbs in the actual jar? Any herbs used you generally want even to be inside of the petition paper in case you want to use the honey to feed to your target at some point.

All of this information and more is available in Miss Cat's classic "Paper In My Shoe". You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

BOO-GRI-PIMS
Paper In My Shoe by catherine yronwode
$9.00

I hope this helps, good luck.
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D
Correspondence Course Graduate #2132G

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:10 am

Pegasus,

Yes. This is a traditional practice.

vibe77

Unread post by vibe77 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:23 am

The honey jar is to bring an old lover back to me, we are in contact with each other at the moment but living apart from each other. So I thought this jar will help sweeten him to me.

I wrote his name 7 times, each line below the last. turned the paper clockwise. Then crossed the names with my command of 'love me' 7 times. Anointed the paper with love oil, put love herbs in the jar, stirred it.

I will be working on a baby doll soon but thought the honey jar will help till I get the doll sorted.

Thank you

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:44 am

Vibe77,

Your petition seems pretty good to me but personally, I would remake the jar.

Again, in Hoodoo we generally don't put herbs loose in the jar. They are put inside the petition paper which you would fold in the form of a packet to ensure that the herbs don't get loose. Folding and wrapping is part of the tradition. This is also in the book I posted above. Lastly, we definitely do not stir them, unless the herbs are edible and we intend to cook with the sweetener.

You can work it for a while and see if it has any positive affects or if things turn in your favor if you wish but again, this is the thread for petitions and you seem to have a good handle on that.

Check out the following threads on honey jars and return and reconciliation spells.

general-honey-sugar-sweet-jar-questions ... t5536.html

spells-for-ex-lover-ex-spouse-to-return ... -t650.html

vibe77

Unread post by vibe77 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:53 am

Thanks for your input. I'm a bit worried now.

I will try to work it for a bit, how long would you say I would work it to see if things are happening. Thank you

RevJames
Forum Moderator

Unread post by RevJames » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:06 am

vibe77 -

These links may help you answer your question -

How long shall i wait for magick spells to work? - http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/real.html#11

SIGNS: WATCHING AND WAITING FOR SIGNS OF SPELL-CASTING SUCCESS OR FAILURE -http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/practic ... html#signs

Good Luck!
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148G

Pegasus

Unread post by Pegasus » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:23 pm

I have a question. I am doing a blockbuster candle for a job.

I want to know when you write a petition for a blockbuster should you be a little precise or general?

Example 1) Remove blocks and resistance that prevents me from securing a stable job with an annual salary of more than xx, flexible, with good progression opportunities and gives me good work life balance.

Example 2) Remove blocks and resistance that prevents me from securing a stable job.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Pegasus,

Either petition works, but the second one can bring any stable job, which may not meet the requirements you need to take a job. Depending on money needs you may do a job a to get a good stable job, then while working use the time to get the more specific job you seek. ME for an example to leave my job I have to make X more money and would have to be similar job or upgrade, so I would include those in my petition, otherwise I am wasting time going on interviews for jobs that dont meet those minimal requirements. Consider using steady work products in conjunction, along with crown of success and money drawing products in job seeking work.

Block buster Q and A on the forum: block-buster-candle-questions-and-answer-t28064.html
Steady work: http://www.luckymojo.com/steadywork.html
Crown of success: http://www.luckymojo.com/crownofsuccess.html
Money drawing: http://www.luckymojo.com/moneydrawing.html
Gravel root ( used in job hunting): http://www.herbmagic.com/gravel-root.html

Pegasus

Unread post by Pegasus » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:38 pm

Thankyou jaydee. Its clear now for me so I will be precise like example 1. :)

CuriouslilThing

Unread post by CuriouslilThing » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:08 am

Hi everyone!

I would like to order an attraction candle from the church, but it's to attract readers, reviews and money for my novels and also clients for my freelance writing gigs. How would I word that petition? Should I do separate ones? One specifically for my author pen name and the other for freelancing gigs under my own name? Thank you!

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:15 pm

Hi CuriouslilThing,

I've moved your query here to its more appropriate forum and topic discussion.

You can consolidate this into one petition paper. I use this method all the time as I have a couple of professional aliases.
"May I receive business/money/recognition/etc from all lines of business/sources of income" or "I draw to myself a steady stream of income, customers, etc for (such and such business) and (first name, last name of alias). You can just use your legal name as well as that is who you were born and regardless of which professional alias or business name you use, the money will end up in or benefit you (The legal name, you) lol

Hope this helps

CuriouslilThing

Unread post by CuriouslilThing » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:56 pm

Thank you so much! Sorry you had to move my post! Thank you again!

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:08 pm

You're most welcome and It's no problem at all.

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:10 am

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the appropriate thread for this type of question. I couldn't find any particular thread dedicated to petitions in particular so this is the most relevant thread I can find. My apologies.

Anyway, I have a question regarding the use of wordings in stating a petition. Ok, so it has been stated within magick circles that when one casts a spell it is best to use phrases such as “I will” and “It is my will to” or “I have” instead of phrases such as “I want” or "I wish".

The logic behind this is that when you state that you will do something or you will have something, then that is telling the universe that such desire is already in the process of manifesting. But when you state that you want something then you are just going to continue to want it and it will never happen. However, my experience has been a bit different......

When I casted my first spell just a few months ago I used phrases such as “I want” and “I desire”. I had done some online research at least a month prior to casting my first spell and I learned quite a bit, but apparently not enough because at the time I didn’t know that it was not recommended to use such phrases in spellcasting, for the reasons stated above.

HOWEVER

The spell began to work fast and after about 2 weeks after watching the movement the spell was close to manifesting, but it was almost working too well! I began to see that I put too much power into it so I actually had to stop it before it did any harm (Whew! They say be careful with love spells!).

So from my experience I found that using “I want” and “I desire” worked just as good. To me, when you’re stating your petition and you say “I want this to happen so bad. It is my desire to have this”, that seems to put more drive and energy into the spell because it comes more from the heart. Especially when you combine the phrases and use it as "I want this to happen and it WILL".

Conversely, when I finally got into the habit of writing my petitions using the phrases “I have” as if it is in the present, I noticed that I didn’t get any results. In my experiences, doing it that way seemed to take away that primal desire and passion. After all, I read somewhere that magick is all about having a strong need and desire in order for something to manifest in the physical.

Again, this is just in my experience. Maybe for some reason I am just backwards. I dunno. Maybe both methods work but it just depends on how much emotional drive you put behind the intention and the mundane effort you put along with it.

Overall, what are your thoughts on this? What are your experiences? I’d say just do whatever works but I still would like your input.

Thank you.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:37 pm

Hi jdsmooth85,

I have moved your post to the thread discussing petition papers. You can read through these posts to see how others have handled petitions, and the advice of forum moderators and administrators.

I'm glad you are getting good results with your method of wording petitions. If it works for you, then there's no reason to question or change it.

As you pointed out, it's generally advisable to state petitions in the affirmative, as opposed to using language like "I wish" or "I want" as one can be left wishing and wanting for a lifetime.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the forum.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Administrator

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:02 pm

jdsmooth85 ,

You should pick up the Lucky Mojo book on Bible Magic, it discusses the different types of prayers which also relate to petitions. Sometimes it makes sense to say " Lord if it be your will", other times " If my prayer is justified", other times "Lord thank you for blessing me with". In the Bible Jesus instructs us to pray as though we have it and our prayer was answered Mark 11:24: Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. I would also agree that if it is working for you then keep working it.
Lucky Mojo book on bible magic: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoobiblemagic.html

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:24 am

Miss Athena – Thanks for moving my post to the appropriate thread. For some reason I wasn’t able to directly find it on the board index. I will definitely go through it to gather info from other users’ experiences.

Jay Dee – Thanks for recommending the book. I went to the product page and it instantly reminded me of a book my father owned many years ago called ‘Powers of the Psalms’ by Anna Riva. That was also a good book too. My father said it was powerful stuff, so I’d definitely like to check out the book published by Lucky Mojo too.

All I can say is that I will continue to do whatever works in regards to petitioning. Whatever feels right in the moment, whether the words I want" or "I desire" is what the heart feels, is the energy I will use. I still think those words, said with passion along with the muscle of intention is still stronger than simply "wishing" though.

Drablnd

Unread post by Drablnd » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:05 pm

Hello,

I recently purchased the 4 oz. rootworker's special oil combination of domination, essence of bend over, kiss me now, and follow me boy.

However I’ve really struggled with my petition. I feel like I need to have multiple intentions down and it’s coming out jumbled. Like I want to dominate him and make him do what I want like actually answering me when I text, doing what I want him to do, and then the sexual component.

Are there any suggestions on how exactly to do a command or petition with this combination of oils? I think where I am getting stuck is that I have a petition for each oil individually and if they were separate I would just do 4 separate petition spells. Im sorry if this is the wrong thread for this.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:41 pm

Hello Drabind,

What exactly do you want him to do? Obey your commands and be passionate only to you? There's your petition.

You don't need to go into great detail, such as "answer my texts" or other specifics when you are already petitioning for his obedience. The details would already be covered.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Administrator

Drablnd

Unread post by Drablnd » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:29 am

Yes that does! Thank you so much. I think I was focusing to much on the specifics of what I want from him. Thanks!

mastersirius678
Re: General Loose Powder & ResIn Incense Questions and Answers

Unread post by mastersirius678 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:52 pm

Thank you Miss Athena

Another question, how do I do partition papers? Do I burn it with the incense?

Miss Athena
Site Admin
Re: General Loose Powder & ResIn Incense Questions and Answers

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:35 pm

Hello mastersirius678,

I have moved this conversation to the topic on petition papers, where you can find many answers and suggestions for your query.

You should also look into Miss cat's excellent book on crafting petition papers:

BOO-GRI-PIMS
Paper in My Shoe by catherine yronwode
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

CONTENTS
---------
DEDICATION 4
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS 4
PRE-AMBLE 5
CONJURE CLARIFIED 6
Known by Many Names 6
A Christian Form of Magic 7
The Excuses 7
Folklorists, Root Doctors, and Ministers: 8
NOMENCLATURE 9
Name Paper 9
Petition Paper 9
Prayer Paper 9
A RAMBLE THROUGH HISTORY 10
Scholarly Scribes the Whole Wide World Round 10
Remnants of Priestly Functions 11
Glyphic Characters 11
Clay Incantation Bowls 12
Incantation Bowl Text Translated by R. Patai 12
Written Spells of the Classic Era 14
The Greek Magical Papyri 14
Katadesmoi and Defixiones 16
Solomonic Seals 18
Mosaic Seals 18
Jewish Grimoire Magic in Obeah and Hoodoo 18
Calligrams and Microcalligraphy 20
The True Length 24
Indian and Himalayan Written Amulets 31
The German Pow Wow Tradition in America 31
To Cure a Fever 31
Wittenberg Letters 32
To Get a Maiden to Lift Her Shirt For You 32
To Make a Person Dance Against Their Will 32
A Svardsbrev 33
Talisman, Wax and River Water to Name a Thief 33
Chinese Taoist Fu Charms 34
Chinese Joss Paper and Spirit Money 34
Taweez: An African Arabic Charm in America 36
The PGM Comes to Harlem 38
Adoption and Adaptation 40
PUTTING PEN TO PAPER 41
WHAT TO WRITE UPON 42
Ordinary Papers and Special Papers 42
Words on Wax 42
Have You Ever Written on a Plate 42
Writing on Money 42
Handwriting Samples 43
Checks, Business Cards, and Logos
Playing Cards 42
Aluminum Foil, Pie Plates, and Popsicle Sticks 43
Photographs 43
WHAT TO WRITE WITH 44
Stylus 44
Quill, Dip-Pen, and Fountain Pen 44
Pencil 44
Ballpoint Pen, Rollerball Pen, and Marker 44
Magical Inks 44
Other Stationery Supplies 44
HOW TO FOLD A PAPER 45
WHAT'S IN A PRAYER? 46
Improvisation from Scripture 46
Prayer Request and Psalms 66:19 on a Paper 46
WHAT'S IN A PETITION? 47
Words of Power 47
WHAT'S IN A NAME? 48
Variations on a Single Name 48
WHAT'S IN TWO NAMES 51
Variations on Multiple Names 51
IS REPETITION NECESSARY? 52
How Many Times Should You Write the Name? 52
BUT I DON'T KNOW THE NAME! 53
If You Don't Know the Name, Here's What to Do 53
No Name, No Birth Date, No Address, Now What?
GLYPHS AND FLOWERS 55
Be Creative in Your Corners 55
PAPER TRICKS
Sewing or Pinning Papers Together 55
Tearing a Paper Bag 55
Colour-Coded Papers 55
Triangular Curses 55
TAKING A MEASURE 56
The Measure is a Personal Concern 56
The Measure of a Man 56
The Measure of a Woman 57
The Measure of a Foot 57