Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

The Red Folder Book Edited by Cat Yronwode Questions and Answers

All about hoodoo and conjure spell books, instruction books, grimoires, and books on magic and spirituality.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
The Red Folder Book Edited by Cat Yronwode Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:54 pm

Pre-printing announcement! Check it out! We are accting pre-orders for this book, to ship May 13th, 2019.

This is a 136-page companion to our popular Black Folder book and will be previewing at the 2019 Hoodoo Heritage Festival.

Here is the listing for it at at http://hoodooheritagefestival.com

Take Home: With your Admission Badge for Saturday, Sunday, or the Full Weekend, you will receive your very own copy of "The Red Folder," our brand-new 136-page companion to all of the Festival workshops from 2014 through 2019. Keep this book with you all weekend, as it is your guide to all of this year's workshop events.

BOO-GRI-REFO
The Red Folder edited by catherine yronwode
$12.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
http://www.luckymojo.com/theredfolder.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: The Red Folder Book Edited by Cat Yronwode Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:42 pm

This will be an 81/2 x 11 inch book, just like The Black Folder, and will have a cover price of $12.00. We will be ready for pre-orders in March.

Some of the chapters include ...

Teas and Tisanes
Preservation of Herbs
Charms and Amulets
Textiles in Conjure
Sachet Powders
Dirts, Dusts, and Powders
Loading Spiritual Supplies
Figural Candles
The Moving Flame
Favourite Lodestone Spells
Cleansing, Blessing, and Protecting Home
Afro-Caribbean Protection Magic
Defending Against the Dark Arts
Money Magic
Fertility, Childbirth, and Baby Blessings
Social Justice Spells
Four Ways to Read a Pendulum
The Law of Attraction
Preparing Petition and Prayer Papers
Spell Papers and Sigil Magic
Jewish Spell Bowls
Catholic Patron Saints

... every chapter describes methods and ways of working ... and there is a LOT more chapters to follow.
catherine yronwode

Birdie

Unread post by Birdie » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:21 pm

Yes!!!! Can’t wait to add this to my library!!!!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:40 pm

THE RED FOLDER is now available for PRE-ORDERING. It will ship May 13th, 2019.

Here is the Table of Contents

INTRODUCTION 4

LESSONS IN SEERSHIP AND DIVINATION

Lithomancy: Casting Your First Stones 8
How to Make a Magical Scrying Ring 10
Crystal Gazing: Meditation for Clairvoyance 11
An Introduction to Bone Reading 12
Bone Reading: Interpreting Groups 13
Dem Dry Bones: Osteomantic Readings 15
How to Fold a Seed Packet 18
Ouija Revelations 19
The Basics of Dowsing 21
Four Ways to Read a Pendulum 22
The Potent Power of the Pendulum 23
Numerological Name Analysis 25
Diagnosis by Cartomancy 26
Tarot Card Tips: Choosing the Significator 30
An Introduction to Vulvamancy 31

MAGICAL TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES

Setting Up Your Magical Working Space 32
How to Make Magical Teas and Tisanes 33
Hoodoo Herb and Root Medicine 35
How to Store Herbs, Roots, and Curios 36
Wildcrafting Herbs Around the Home 38
How to Prepare Petition and Prayer Papers 40
How to Use Charms and Amulets 42
Sew Much Hoodoo: Textiles in Conjure 44
Making Magic with Tarot Cards 46
Old-Time Sachets, Baths, and Incenses 47
How to Make Your Own Sachet Powders 49
Dirts, Dusts, and Powders in Folk Magic 51
How to Load Soaps and Beauty Products 53
How to Use Figural Candles 55
Moving Candle Spells 56
Our Favourite Lodestone Spells 58
Spell Papers and Sigil Magic 60

PATHS OF PRAYER AND SPIRITUALITY

Introduction to Angels and Archangels 65
Working with Patron Saints 67
Catholic Folk Magic 69
A Dominican Mesa Blanca 71
North Asian Serjim: A Shamanic Rite 73
Working with Asian Deities 74
Witchcraft and the Færy Tradition 76
New Thought and the Law of Attraction 78

MAGICAL SPELLS FOR DIVERSE CONDITIONS

CLEANSING AND HEALING SPELLS

How to Take a Spiritual Bath 80
Cleansing, Blessing, Protecting the Home 81
Help for Addictions and Bad Habits 83
Bible Spells for Helping and Healing 84

PROTECTION SPELLS

Deliverance and Protection from Attack 85
A Norse Trollknytte for Protection 86
Afro-Caribbean Protection Magic 88
Defending Yourself Against the Dark Arts 90
Jewish Spell Bowls for Protection 92

LOVE AND FAMILY SPELLS

Love and Glamour Magic 94
Get What You Want in Love and Marriage 96
Spells for a Lover to Return or Reconcile 98
Gay and Lesbian Love Spells 99
How to Attract New Love 100
Ten Little Fingers, Ten Little Toes 102
New Orleans Family and Love Spells 104

LUCK AND MONEY SPELLS

Money Magic 105
Our Favourite Money Spells 107
Nine Lucky Hands 109
Business Money Spells 110
Our Favourite Good Luck Spells 111
Money and Luck Spells with Playing Cards 113

REVERSING AND CURSING SPELLS

Six Conjure Curses 115
Norse Spells of Destruction 116
Hot Foot Foods 117
Six Break-Up Spells 118

COURT CASE AND JUSTICE SPELLS

Our Favourite Court Case Spells 119
The Nine Stages of Court Case Work 121
Our Favourite Social Justice Spells 123
Overcoming Obstacles and Opposition 127

OUR HISTORY … AND OUR FUTURE

How Can We Remember? 129
Voices of Hyatt 131
A Closing Circle for Social Networking 135

BOO-GRI-REFO
$12.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:30 pm

The web page for The Red Folder is up, and you can place orders from the page:

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:55 am

I just counted -- and this new book contains 72 short articles filled with historical, contemporary, and world-wide spell work and divination tips, plus several pages of b&w illustrations and a colourful insert page. The number of contributors is amazing ... but i am too sleepy to count them now. LOL! I do know that out of the 136 pages, i have written 22, and the rest are by friends and fellow-travellers with much wisdom to share.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:28 pm

The Red Folder has gone to press! The total number of contributors, unless i counted wrong, is 48!

Thank you all for your pre-orders. Your interest and your trust in our reliability. expressed as pre-payment, makes the book much more affordable for us, as the pre-orders (even at a mere $12.00 each) help defray the up-front printing costs.

The Red Folder will be given at not extra charge to every attendee at the 2019 Hoodoo Heritage Festival, and it ships to the public the week of May 13th, 2019.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:01 pm

Here is the full line-up of the contributors to this phenomenal collection of magical spells and spiritual wisdom:

Catherine Yronwode, Deacon Millett, Jon Saint Germain, Claude Alexander Conlin, Dr. Roy Page Walton, Lewis de Claremont, Godfrey Spencer, Frank Householder, Zora Neale Hurston, Anne Fleitman, Michele Jackson, Kast Excelsior, Chas Bogan, Grey Townsend, Susan Diamond, Madame Nadia, Valentina Burton, Dr. Jeremy Weiss, Phœnix LeFæ, Madame Pamita, Professor Charles Porterfield, Ms. Robin York, Gabrielle Swain, Papa Michæl Bautista, Papa Gee, Co. Meadows, Mama E., Clayton James, Beverley Smith, Susan Barnes, Miss Michæle, Marin Graves, Angela Marie Horner, Miss Elvyra Curcuruto-Love, Papa Newt, Candelo Kimbisa, David Borji Shi, Devi Spring, Storm Færywolf, Jaiye Dania, Aura Laforest, Ambrozine LeGare, Khi Armand, Dr. Johannes Gårdbäck, ConjureMan Ali, Lady Muse, Ms. Melanie, Lou Florez, Elle DuVall, Miss Aida, Ladies Auxiliary of MISC, Sister Girl, Papa Lou, Apollo Dark.

BOO-GRI-REFO
$12.00

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:26 pm

Enter our Facebook Fridays contest for a chance to win this book:

It's Facebook Fridays! for July 5, 2019, and we are offering one lucky reader the chance to benefit from ALL of the esoteric wisdom that was introduced at the annual Hoodoo Heritage Festival for 2019!

The Lucky Mojo Curio Company is holding a random drawing to give away 1 stupendous spiritual supply prize to enrich and enhance your magical knowledge. This week one lucky winner will receive all five of the books that were distributed free at the Festival: "The Red Folder," "The Secret of Numbers Revealed," "Genuine Black and White Magic of Marie Laveau," "Secrets of the Crystal Silence League," and "The Fortune Tellers Guide to Success." These grimoires and spell books, totalling 520 pages, unlock the mysteries of five years' worth of Hoodoo Heritage Festival workshops, including step-by-step folk magic and spell-casting rites for money and love, a complete course in numerology, 53 treasured hoodoo spells from 1920s New Orleans, wise and powerful techniques of affirmative prayer, practical crystal gazing for divination and silent influence, and the knowledge you will need to create a profitable career as a psychic reader.

All you have to do to enter is to post a comment to the contest announcement on the Lucky Mojo Facebook page, Facebook Fridays! status message.

http://www.facebook.com/LuckyMojoCurio

First thing tomorrow morning, we will select ONE very lucky winner at random, announce their name here, and ask them to message the Lucky Mojo Facebook Page with their mailing address, so we can send them their FREE Hoodoo Heritage Festival products.

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:33 pm

It's Facebook Fridays! for July 19, 2019! and we want to share the Hoodoo lore that we provide in our store, to our mail order customers, and at the festivals we have hosted. We want you to have our Folders!

The Lucky Mojo Curio Company holding a random drawing to give away 3 amazingly informative spiritual supply prizes to expand your knowledge of Hoodoo and Folk Magic. This week each lucky winner will receive both "The Black Folder" and "The Red Folder" -- a matched pair of 136-page oversized books chock-full of spell-casting and divination lessons by more than FIFTY of the world's best, brightest, and most celebrated root doctors and psychic readers. Money spells! Luck spells! Love spells! Protection Spells! It's all here, in these two books! Tea Leaf Reading! Tarot Cards! Bone Casting! Numerology! It's in these books! No verbal fluff. No nonsense. A total of 264 pages filled with esoteric recipes, herb lists, spell instructions, and down-home folklore -- yours FREE if you enter and win this contest! What are you waiting for?

All you have to do to enter is to post a comment to the contest announcement on the Lucky Mojo Facebook page, Facebook Fridays! status message.

First thing tomorrow morning, we will select THREE winners at random, announce their names here, and ask them to message the Lucky Mojo Facebook Page with their mailing addresses, so we can send them their FREE Black Folder and Red Folder products.

catherine yronwode

LadyK

Unread post by LadyK » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:42 pm

I'm new to working with hoodoo, but have read alot on the subject on and off through the years. I ordered the book from Amazon and had it the next day. I was so excited to begin reading. I am a truck driver and when I stop in the afternoon I start reading. I must say it is extremely well put together and I am enjoying it immensely.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:20 am

LadyK --

Thank you! A good review at Amazon would be much appreciated as well.
catherine yronwode

Dr Darensbourg
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:44 pm

Absolutely adore this book. My favorite chapter is the "Beyond The Reading: Diagnosis By Cartomancy".

I've always found it fascinating to see the way that various Rootworkers go about prescribing magical work and I've a few questions for my fellow peers and colleagues regarding the method Madam Nadia describes on page 29. (It'd be great if she could respond considering she's the author of this entry)

My first is regarding the prescribing component.

I'm referencing the sample reading for Susie Q.
Using the 'Good Ol' 3-Card Cut' that is outlined in this chapter, we have the following 3 positions

a) What - known circumstances (is this synonymous with nature of the condition?)

b) Why - The reason this is happening

c) How - How to solve the problem

Using the chart/key to tarot cross condition interpretations, we find that the
a) WHAT - the client has been tied and bound
b) WHY - because of an unhealthy/perverse attachment
c) HOW- (this is my first confusion) according to the entry, and I quote "the tower shows crossed conditions" but therein lies my confusion because I thought the HOW card was supposed to indicate the remedy or what is to be prescribed. If I look at the chart

It further goes on to explain that the presence of the 8 of swords and the Devil "highlight doll-baby work" and also "suggests a mirror box", both of which I definitely can see but prior to that she mentions that the tower points to the need of severing the bond with swords of fire. This I'm not certain how she's concluded.

She goes on to explain that this combination "emphasizes extreme magical measures" and as a result prescribes graveyard work. I'm not certain of why that is either but I have a hunch it's because the graveyard represents finality and a permanent end to something which would make sense with her saying that we need to "permanently remove" the ex's influence.

With all this in mind, it seems that we're disregarding the What/Why/How spread given above to reach a conclusion and we are now rather looking at the entire spread as a whole to draw our conclusion as to what needs to be done. (Would this be correct to say??)

I guess the question here is, with this method are we in fact looking at all the cards to determine what to do or should the focus be solely on the final card...the card in the "how" position?

My next question is about the diagnostic component.

For the most part, everyone one of the cards, with the exception of only a couple, has both a diagnostic and prescriptive interpretation. With this in mind, using this method, how is one to determine definitely whether or not the client has been crossed?

For example: the client asks if they have been crossed, or, they ask if their money has been tied. We use the spread mentioned above and we the Ace of Coins is drawn for the "WHAT". Seemingly, this could point to abundance and to this chart, yes it could be but it could also point to foot-track magic. I'm guessing maybe it is more clear if you're using reversals and using them to designate the negative energy of then card but then what do you do if it's upright and there is a negative card in the WHY? Or even a positive card in that position could add to any confusion.

I guess I'm just confused on how to determine if there is a crossed condition using Tarot. It's clearer with playing cards. You just count the ratio of positive/red to negative/black.

Again, this is just all out of curiosity. I could be REALLY nicer analyzing this as is custom for me lol. I use a method that is similar to this but I like the idea of this and would like to try employing it but want to make sure I'm clear on how it works, at least in these guys' minds.
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D
Correspondence Course Graduate #2132G

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:00 pm

I use the 3-card cut in diagnosis, but work a bit differently than Nadia does, so i cannot answer for her, but i will comment a bit from my perspective.

Re: The Tower and "severing the bond with swords of fire" -- the lightning strike in The Tower is fire from heaven pr a flaming sword crashing down.

Re: Counting the red / black ratio for yes / no answers in playing card readings versus tarot card readings --

Swords are spades (black) and wands are clubs (black), while cups are hearts (red) and Pentacles are diamonds (red).

You can still count them.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:06 pm

It's Facebook Fridays! for November 8, 2019, and we have a gift for someone -- an amazing collection of books!

The Lucky Mojo Curio Company is holding a random drawing to give away 1 outstanding prize which we are calling the "Cat Yronwode Editor Special." Included in your box will be seven books -- one copy each of "Legends of Incense, Herb, and Oil Magic" by Lewis de Claremont; "Genuine Black and White Magic of Marie Laveau" by Zora Neale Hurston, Catherine Yronwode, et al; "This Amazing Book" by Sunrae Products Company; "The Secret of Numbers Revealed" by Godfrey Spencer, Dr. Roy Page Walton, and Catherine Yronwode; "Secrets of The Crystal Silence League" by Claude Alexander Conlin; "The Black Folder" by Various Authors; and "The Red Folder" by Various authors. Five titles are part of the Lucky Mojo Library of Occult Classics, and two are collections of workshop flyers and lecture notes from the 2008 - 2019 Hoodoo Heritage Festivals. All seven of these amazing books on spell-casting, folk magic, herb medicine, and fortune-telling have been edited (and in some cases co-authored) by Cat Yronwode, and will be signed by her.

First thing tomorrow morning, we will select ONE winner at random, announce their name here, and ask them to message the Lucky Mojo Facebook Page with their mailing address, so we can send them their FREE Cat Yronwode Editor Special books.

catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Books, Pamphlets, Instruction Manuals, and Grimoires in Hoodoo”