Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Santisima Muerte Santa Muerte Holy Death Spiritual Supplies

All about Lucky Mojo religious supplies, church goods, and altar tools, plus prayers to God, angels, spirits, saints, and deities.
LeftHandedVirginian
Re: Santisima Muerte Santa Muerte Holy Death Spiritual Supplies

Unread post by LeftHandedVirginian » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:14 am

Hey y'all,

Santa Muerte came to me a few years ago. I bought what I thought was a small painting of the Virgin of Guadalupe at a flea market but discovered that it was actually a painting of Santa Muerte when I brought it home.

I have had the painting (respectfully) put away in storage for a while but have recently felt called to bring it out and set up a small altar. I contacted a reader who read the cards for me and said that they indicated it was OK to work with the painting and the spirit of the Saint. I have limited space in my apartment, though, so I am not sure the best way to set up an altar. I have a main altar that is quite large and tall but am not sure I have space to set up one equally as tall and large. Does anyone have any tips (on altar size, placement, candle colors, offerings, etc.)?

Thanks!

Edward T
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Edward T » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:18 am

LeftHandedVirginian
Altars come in all sizes. It does not have to be big. I would highly recommend reading this book. It will have the answers that you are looking for.
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooshrinesandaltars.html
Enjoy. Edward T
HRCC Graduate #1985 --Hoodoo Psychics, Reader, Forum Moderator, Rootworker

LeftHandedVirginian

Unread post by LeftHandedVirginian » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:20 am

Thanks, Edward! I have a copy somewhere - I'll go dust it off and give it a read.

Edward T
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Edward T » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:22 am

LeftHandedVirginian
Enjoy. Let me know if you need anything else.
Edward T
HRCC Graduate #1985 --Hoodoo Psychics, Reader, Forum Moderator, Rootworker

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:46 am

Returning to the dilemma faced by SpellsnSuch, back in June, 2018:

It is well-known among followers of Santisima Muerte that one is encouraged to create an altar for her, with at least one statue, before which candles may be burned.

SpellsnSuch had followed this plan, but did not have a successful relationship with Santisima Muerte and so she wished to dispose of the statue in a respectful manner. As she explained here in the Forum, she found a Latino spiritual supply shop that accepted the statue as a donation on behalf of a customer of theirs who had a large altar to Santisima Muerte, filled with many statues. This was a great outcome to SpellsnSuch's problem.

Today i learned of another solution to the same problem, and i am posting it here as a contribution to the growing body of folk knowledge regarding this saint. Here is what i was told:

"If you decide not to work with Santisima Muerte and wish to find a new home for her statue, take it to a graveyard and bury it. She is a saint of death and the graveyard is her home, so she will not be offended."

I asked if it was recommended to wrap the statue in a cloth shroud, or place it in a coffin-box, or if it could be simply interred with no covering, and the answer was, "That's up to you and the saint."

Hope this helps!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Enoughalready
Newly Registered

Unread post by Enoughalready » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:08 am

It appears that Santa Muerte and I have come to a parting of the ways, after many years of my dedicated service. I am not in a place where "rehoming" my statues is an option. If someone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them. Otherwise, they are going into the burn pit, with appropriate respect and dispersion afterwards.

Dr Darensbourg
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:59 am

Enoughalready,

I think you will find the post immediately above yours by Miss Cat of great help.
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D
Correspondence Course Graduate #2132G

Enoughalready
Newly Registered

Unread post by Enoughalready » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:08 am

Finding a way to bury several statues (one large) in a graveyard will be difficult, if not impossible (the ground is frozen), in the area in which I live. Nor do I wish to frighten my neighbors. Cremation is traditional for human bodies. The remains will be treated appropriately. I am willing to mail the statues to anyone who wants them. Otherwise I'm digging out the burn pit today. We no longer seem to have a relationship and it must be ended.

Dr Darensbourg
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:14 am

Enoughalready,

Well, I would do what Spirit guides you to do. If I remember reading correctly, donation was another suggestion in Miss Cat's post but it is your prerogative; do what you will. We don't mind helping with suggestions but keep in mind, this forum is primarily geared towards our products and people who need help using them. It's not the appropriate platform to make such an exchange although i see nothing wrong with going through a few of the pages of this topic to see if you find someone who has expressed interest in one and contacting them privately.

Good Luck.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:33 am

Thank you, Dr. Darensbourg, for the good advice.

Ridding oneself of altar pieces and spiritual supplies oriented toward service to any deity, entity, spirit, or ancestor whom one no longer wishes to serve or with whom one no longer remains in contact with can include some deep mental processing, much like getting a divorce or separating from family members. It can be done peaceably, but it can just as easily include stages of hopelessness, blame, and anger that cast one's entire spiritual and magical life into question. Proper disposal of the physical remnants of such a spiritual divorce can include anything from donation to smashing, burning, drowning, or burial. The choice is personal, and no one need judge the efficacy of the results.

The fact that the woman known here as "Enoughalready" signed up for the Forum today under such a angrily dismissive username and quickly made these posts regarding Santisima Muerte indicates that this is a New Year for her. May she be blessed with peace as she walks away from the mental stress, disappointment, and unwanted life complications she experienced while serving the old Aztec and indigenous Mexican spirit of Holy Death. May her burdens be light and her pathways open. Amen.
catherine yronwode

Fotunata
Newly Registered

Unread post by Fotunata » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:54 am

Hi all,

I was reading Santisima Muerte awhile back, and today I came read the thread again. I was just in page 2 when I googled Santisima Muerte prayers. I read one of the prayers. I prayed to her, and I apologized for not having a candle. In the prayer, it stated about providing something financially. Anyway, when I got home, I got a check in the mail for $30. I also told her my limited budget. I was wondering , it was a sign from Santisima Muerte?

I take it as a yes from her, and with that, I'd like to thank you Santisima Muerte for hearing me. I'll keep my promise, and I will light a candle for you. Again thank you.

Blessings
Thank you St Martha St Anthony St Rita St Jude St Helen St Clare St Raphael St Michael St Gabriel

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:02 pm

Fotunata,

We do not read on the forum, but we can send you to links to support you in your work. Signs, movement and manifestation is often very personal and I would suggest you go with your gut on what you are seeing. I this was unexpected and happened after a prayer I would take it as a sign. You can read more about signs and movement here: signs-movement-completion-of-spells-que ... t6436.html

Here are some additional links relating to this:
Spiritual Supplies: http://www.luckymojo.com/products-santisima-muerte.html
The saint: http://www.luckymojo.com/santisimamuerte.html
Candles relating to the saint: http://www.luckymojo.com/products-candl ... uerte.html
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

Fotunata
Newly Registered

Unread post by Fotunata » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:38 pm

Thanks JayDee,

I'll get some of Santa Muerte products whenever my finances allow. I know the soonest I can buy some will be in couple weeks. I think she'll understand.
Thank you St Martha St Anthony St Rita St Jude St Helen St Clare St Raphael St Michael St Gabriel

Marionwife

Unread post by Marionwife » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:07 pm

Hello all... Is there anyone like a AIRR whom work's with saint muerte that has a very good bond with her? I would love to speak with said individual if so thanks in advance.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:13 pm

Marionwife,

We do not recommended people on the forum rather direct to AIRR, this is partly because many members of the Lucky Mojo forum community also worked for, do work for, produce books for, and participate in the radio shows for lucky mojo. You can see a list of those who work with saints on the AIRR site and the best option would be to contact them specifically about questions, then setting up a reading.
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

Marionwife

Unread post by Marionwife » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:45 pm

JayDee thanks for ur reply ... Ive looked over thee AIRR members but it doesn't state who has a relationship with her. Is there any other way i can find someone. Thanks in advance.

Dr Darensbourg
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:09 am

Marionwife,

That may be a bit of a stretch to find exactly. I would suggest looking for readers who work with saints ancestors spirit work and you may inquire from there. That information should be available.

Fotunata
Newly Registered

Unread post by Fotunata » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:35 am

Hi everyone,

I have questions regarding the Santisima Muerte novena:

1. What color of string to use?
2. How many candles to use, and the colors?

In the website, there were three different candles, and it didn't really state how long to burn the candle or candles.

Thanks much.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:57 pm

Fotunata --

1. if a colour is not specified, use any colour appropriate or convenient.

2. If it is a novena, that means you do it for nine days or nine hours, or nine weeks, as specified, because NOVENA means NINE. And you would use nine candles, or you could use one candle large enough to stay alight for nine days and nights. Your choice.
catherine yronwode

Fotunata
Newly Registered

Unread post by Fotunata » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:30 pm

Thank you Miss Catherine. I'm not going to do, but I know in future I will. As for now, I'll slowly buy the supplies needed.

This morning I just ordered Santisima Muerte vigil candle, I think I ordered the oil if not, that would be next along with the Santisima Muerte figural candles.

thelight1

Unread post by thelight1 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:30 pm

Is there a "general purpose" the santa muerte candles are automatically"fixed" for at the church?

I have noticed most of the information on LM states that the purpose of working with Santa Muerte is usually to keep your man faithful (or bring him back?)

However, other root workers have mentioned that you can work with her for anything, light or dark, if she is willing.

So, if I was to order a santa muerte candle to be lit at the church, is it automatically fixed for reconciliation/love/lust working?
If my petition was for something else, like money or cursing enemies, would the candle be fixed appropriately?

Is there a specific herb combination that can be purchased and placed on my altar at home in hopes to gain a stronger connection with her?

Thank you

FiachnaCybele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by FiachnaCybele » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:56 am

Hi thelight1,

The Lucky Mojo folks are very flexible about making sure the candle you purchase is fixed for your needs, so if you had a special request, or wanted your Santisima Muerte Vigil Candle fixed for a more specific intent, I'm positive they'd be happy to oblige.

I suggest calling the shop to ask about options, and what they would suggest based on your specific intent/target. You can call them at (707) 887-1521, and they are open from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. PST. They're wonderful folks, and always happy to help.

You can read more about the Santisima Muerte Vigil Candles here:

https://www.luckymojo.com/candle-santisima-muerte.html

Best of luck!
Fiachna Cybele
HRCC Graduate #2163G
Tarot Reader, Rootworker, and Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Religious Goods and Altar Tools in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure”