Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Choices: Shapes & Forms, Colours, Wax Types, Safety

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
suzyparker

Re: Candle spell to influence exboyfriend

Unread post by suzyparker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:02 pm

I have the best luck in the world with LM Follow Me Boy candles. It doesn't matter if it's a new guy I'm trying out or my Mr. Big getting on my nerves, I do a Follow Me Boy and suddenly whomever I intend he whips into shape.

greekbabyyy

Candle Choices: Shapes & Forms, Colours, Wax Types, Safety

Unread post by greekbabyyy » Sat May 15, 2010 5:12 am

Hi everyone!

I know I'm new to all of this, but I just have a question about candles.

I'm thinking of going ahead with a spell kit/reading soon with a root worker from AIRR, but the thing is, I'm really nervous about using candles. I don't like them because I just have a fear or burning something, etc.

Is there another alternative to candles/incense? If I don't use them, will it really affect the way a spell works?

I'm sorry, I had to ask because I'm really concerned.

Thanks for the help! :)

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Are Candles Absolutely Needed?

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sat May 15, 2010 6:51 am

It completely depends on what type of spell you are doing. If you are making a mojo hand, then a candle is not necessary, same goes if you are working with a doll baby. But if you are trying to take a candle spell (which many spells in Hoodoo are) and do it sans candle then it will be hard for you to pull that off. Consider container spells, bottle spells, mojo hands, and doll babies if you want to stay away from candles. Get a copy of Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic from Lucky Mojo--there are many tricks listed in that text that do not require candles. However, if you continue to work in this field of magic you are going to need to make your peace with fire because it is a powerful element and one that is called upon quite frequently. For more on the role that candles play historically as well as today in Hoodoo I really like Henri Gamache's Master Book of Candle Burning which you can also purchased from Lucky Mojo.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat May 15, 2010 9:33 am

I agree with Bri, read LM's pages on Candle Magic (very interesting) http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sat May 15, 2010 10:18 am

Use 4" candles. They burn in less than two hours, so you can keep on eye on them.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Tue May 18, 2010 8:36 pm

I absolutely agree with Miss Bri that you should try to overcome your issues with dealing with fire. Common sense comes into play...SAFETY FIRST! Don't leave your candles unattended unless they are properly set.

Some rootworkers, Miss Bri included, can set candles on your behalf. This information is provided on their profile on the AIRR site. If you have any questions about this, you can e-mail them directly.

Also, you can order vigil candles to be lit for you at Missionary Independent Spiritual Church.
http://www.missionary-independent.org/c ... vices.html

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue May 18, 2010 9:35 pm

I couldn't do any work without candles. They mean a lot to me and work so well for and with me... Candles can be very, very beneficial to work with and I would advise you to take baby steps to get there!

Good luck to you!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Buttercup

Unread post by Buttercup » Wed May 19, 2010 4:18 am

If you're doing a candle spell you don't have to leave the candles burning for hours. You can set up an altar in a place where you spend many hours (eg. in your living room at a spot that is visible from where you sit and watch tv) and burn the candles for as long as you can be there. You can also burn them in a tray of sand so that even if something goes wrong there will be no fire spreading. Many people place candles in the bathtub where they're out and don't want to put them out,you could try that even when you're at home. If you want to avoid candles you can always look for a spell that has a similar effect but doesn't require candles,but this is not always an option. Ultimately it's up to you,try different methods and see what works for you.

greekbabyyy

Unread post by greekbabyyy » Sun May 23, 2010 6:55 am

Thank you for the comforting words everyone. :) It makes me feel a bit better.
I need to get a reading from a rootworker first and see what I have to do from there.
Thanks again and bless you all!

merrygerry
Relative candle size question - break up / reconciliation

Unread post by merrygerry » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:48 pm

I ordered 4 candles from LM to do a combination break up / reconciliation / new love spell - have seen it posted here, 2 black candles for the couple to be broken up and two pink candles for the reconciled love and the new love - figured I just want my old love back, no harm to the current woman in his life, I think it would all be much easier if she found a new love, so was going to put them back to back, each walking to a pink figure candle - him to one representing me and her to one that would represent a new male lover for her.

When the candles arrived, the one to represent him, the black male candle is much smaller than the other three - and will consequently burn much faster - is there any way to accommodate for this - like when the black male candle burns out, maybe replace it with a regular 6" black candle? It seems like they all need to burn the same amount of time - like not put his out earlier in each session, that seems like it would confuse the work somehow - does anyone have any ideas? It's not just a little smaller, I'd say it's like almost 50% smaller so can't imagine they'd burn evenly.

I guess I could call LM and order another black male figural candle and ask them if they have ones that would match the size of the other three but I sort of wanted to start the work in the next few days while the moon is still waning.

Thoughts / recommendations?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: Relative candle size question - break up / reconciliation

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:22 pm

Yes you can continue the burn by burning it with another male black candle, or regular black candles.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

merrygerry
Re: Relative candle size question - break up / reconciliation

Unread post by merrygerry » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:52 am

Thank you!

merrygerry
Order of candle lighting / extinguishing?

Unread post by merrygerry » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:43 am

Hi,

I'm doing a "break-up" and "come to me" combination - candle to represent the other woman, the man, and me - also side candles for the woman and me - so a total of 7 candles - the other woman and her side candles are black, the rest are pink. Plan to walk him away from her and toward me.

My question is should they be lit in any particular order? I just started it last night and as I was doing it, I was wondering if there was an order that should be followed in the Hoodoo tradition? Do I star with him, with her, with me, with the side candles, etc. And when it's time to extinguish, is the order the same or does it reverse?

If this question is redundant, I apologize. I have the Anna Riva books on order and perhaps the one about candle rituals will address this but it hasn't arrived yet.

As always, thank you to the helpful and knowlegeable people who take time to help us grow in awareness and capabilities - MUCH appreciated!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: Order of candle lighting / extinguishing?

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:49 am

I dont think the order of lighting and extinguishing candles matter. The importance here is to move them correctly away and to the right person. I know in more elaborate set ups...I think in the henry gamache book you light it in a particular order, but in this case I would do what feels right to you.

piscesgirl

1 RED FEMALE IMAGE CANDLE

Unread post by piscesgirl » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:18 pm

what kind of candle i can use if i can order a LOOK ME OVER SPELLS?

Reason: Never answered from years ago. Conflictng topic and question

ohwhygeorgia
Last minute candle spell

Unread post by ohwhygeorgia » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:04 pm

Ive had a sudden, and unexpected break up with my long time boyfriend of 4 years. Some issues came about involving a he said she said thing, with my family resulting in a huge knock down drag out fight with him. I've been away from him for four days or so, and we arnt talkin much and when we do, he is very unpleasant. He's so caught up in fault and so on, and refuses to talk about things and make things better. Basically I was caught off guard and don't have much material wise to help this situation ( as far as oils, powders, etc.) so the first thing I did was start a road opener candle, Orange. To help him be open to communication, and opening up to me, and our relationship. I then dressed two white candles with olive oil, and asked that these clear the air and negative energies around us and the situation. I also hoped that these two would represen us, and bless both of us. I then dressed small red candles with love me oil, and placed them around the two white candles. I asked that we be surrounded with love and may he understand and feel the love I have for him.

I know that this isn't much, but I'm hoping that given the situation and me being unprepared this could atleast help somewhat.

I'm supposed to meet up and talk to him later today, regarding what's goin to happen, wether it be we are able to work things out or I'm going to move out.

I'd say it's too late for a honeypot. Anyone have any advice??

Do you think this could help the situation some what?

Also, anything else I could do for the time being?

I'm considering wearing the love me oil, since that's all I have at the moment, and I figures since I dressed the candles with it, Maybe it could help?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Last minute candle spell

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:37 pm

If your talk goes well and you decide to work things out, start the honey jar right away. But starting it today when you are meeting him today is not going to give it enough time to work.

Wear the love oils when you meet with him. And I would keep a white candle dressed with RO and a red candle dressed with love oils burning on his name/picture while you meet as well.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

ohwhygeorgia

Unread post by ohwhygeorgia » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:50 pm

I dont have RO oils, is there something I can put together that will suffice for the time being today?

is there a olive oil herb combo I can prepare?

I need to get this together asap, I have like 2 hours.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:47 pm

In a pinch, you can use an orange candle and dress it...

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate
using white candles for negative works?

Unread post by wraithklewn » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi all. i wold like a bit of clairfication on this matter please. ive ran out of black candles at the moment ..but i have plenty of white ones. i was wondering if white candles can be used for spellwork such as break ups?
HRCC Graduate # 1684G
Thank you St. Michael for your fierce protection

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: using white candles for negative works?

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:59 pm

White candles can be used for anything - remember, there was no such thing as colored candles until fairly recently in history. So people just used what they had available.

queen4aday

candles for saints that draw money

Unread post by queen4aday » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:02 pm

anyone have a sugestion of a saint to help with finacial difficulties and if so please include the color of the candle and day of week I very much appreciate this

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: saints that draw money

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:30 pm

I would suggest that you work with

Saint Joseph to help you get some employment
http://www.luckymojo.com/saintjoseph.html

Saint Expedite to help you with money difficulities for speedy assistance
http://www.luckymojo.com/saintexpedite.html

Saint jude if you are in a DIRE financial situation Make sure you read the info page as he requires a specific payment
http://www.luckymojo.com/saintjude.html

Saint Martin of Tours, Martin Caballero, to draw money into your business
http://www.luckymojo.com/saintmartinoftours.html

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: saints that draw money

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:34 pm

These candles are shipped prepared and dressed, fixed with appropriate hernbs and oils. You may order:

Saint Expedite glass novena candle, fixed
St. Expedite brings luck in a hurry; light his candle on a Wednesday for quick results.
8" tall; red wax; fixed with oils, herbs, and prayer.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SEXP

Saint Joseph with Jesus (San Jose) glass novena candle, fixed
Patron of workers; St. Joseph aids those wishing to sell real estate.
8" tall; yellow wax; fixed with oils, herbs, and prayer.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SJOS

Saint Jude (San Judas Thadeo) glass novena candle, fixed
Patron Saint of lost causes; prayer "to be said in cases despaired of".
8" tall; green wax; fixed with oils, herbs, and prayer.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SJUD

San Martin Caballero (Saint Martin of Tours) glass novena candle, fixed
A Roman Centurion who shares his cloak with a beggar; draws money and customers.
8" tall; red wax; fixed with oils, herbs, and prayer.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SMTC
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Lucylookingskyward

Tiniest candles

Unread post by Lucylookingskyward » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:14 pm

Hello, all! I did a forum search to try to see if I could answer this question on my own, but didn't see it anywhere and I was curious about what all of you thought. (Also, if this is stupid, I'll be more than happy to delete the whole thread)

Birthday Candles... as offertory candles. That is to say, using them to burn on honey jars, bottle spells, etc. as a way to interact with the spell on a daily basis. What are your opinions?

I like them because unlike the 2hour burns, they give me a quick 10-15 minutes of daily interaction with a spell that I can literally sit with and pray over without interruption or worrying about other members of my household distracting me or questioning me about the candles. (I have a few going, and a few people in my house are... meddlers, we'll say.)

But, keeping in mind that the tiny candles are not traditional hoodoo, I was curious to know what other practitioners think about this method.

Blessings!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Tiniest candles

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:37 pm

Birthday candles have been used by many here in the forum. Good Luck in your work.

JeHanne
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by JeHanne » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:09 pm

You can dress the candle with Lucky Mojo oils and focus your intention on it as you would any other pillar style candle. As you mention, the smaller size allows you a controlled period of time that you can focus on and not have distraction related to stopping the flame etc. You can also get birthday candle anchors and can anchor them in sand that is placed inside a votive holder, etc.

I love this idea!

Take care. :D
HRCC Graduate #1602

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:21 pm

Lucylookingskyward, When you say that birthday candles "are not traditional hoodoo" i am not sure what you are trying to get at. Candles themselves are not as traditional in hoodoo as lamps, but so what?

Petroleum wax candles have been around since shortly after the Civil War, coloured candles began to be sold after World War One, birthday candles date back to the 1920s, and kerosene lamps went out of style when rural electrification came in between the 1930s and the 1960s. How "traditional" are you aiming for?

Here's a post from February 2009 where i am recommending birthday candles.

handling-goofer-dust,-break-up-oil,-evi ... .html#p423

Just saying is all.
catherine yronwode

Lucylookingskyward

Unread post by Lucylookingskyward » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:09 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:Lucylookingskyward, When you say that birthday candles "are not traditional hoodoo" i am not sure what you are trying to get at. Candles themselves are not as traditional in hoodoo as lamps, but so what?

Petroleum wax candles have been around since shortly after the Civil War, coloured candles began to be sold after World War One, birthday candles date back to the 1920s, and kerosene lamps went out of style when rural electrification came in between the 1930s and the 1960s. How "traditional" are you aiming for?

Here's a post from February 2009 where i am recommending birthday candles.

handling-goofer-dust,-break-up-oil,-evi ... .html#p423

Just saying is all.
In all honesty, I had never heard of anyone using birthday candles in any magical practice before, though after lots more digging I discovered a few references to birthday candles in other threads. The idea just seemed like a curious and non-traditional invention... that is, taking a non-hoodoo thing like say gemstone magic and incorporating it into the ritual. All the same, I've never used petroleum wax candles in magic, only beeswax candles. I'm getting the feeling the candle sizes are more of a personal preference thing, but I was more curious to know what the rest of the forum thought about using the birthday candles instead of the other candles.

rerun

Unread post by rerun » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:25 am

I use birthday candles sometimes when I want to do a real quick on the spot spell. I like them since they're so small and burn away quickly. In fact just yesterday I bough a pack that came in green, yellow, orange, and red.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:26 am

I use birthday candles when doing a house cleansing, so that the candles will burn out very quickly and I don't have to worry about live flames in every room of the house for hours on end.

princesslight

?? about figure candles

Unread post by princesslight » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:56 pm

When using 2 black figure candles such as breakup what does it mean when one pops crackles and burns extremely fast when the other one burns slow and steady with nothing out of the oridinary both lit at same time one last 2 hours the other like 9 hours???

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: ?? about figure candles

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Read here Princesslight...
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA7
...and the complete website is very helpful with various divinations.
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:06 am

Brainstorm:

You know those number shaped birthday candles? Were a rootworker to utilize numerology on the side, they could be wildly potent. Just a thought.
HRCC Student #2174G

anthony387

Unread post by anthony387 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:47 pm

Wow I have never thought about that! What a great thread yay!lol. I need to get a pack now :D thanks for the great ideas everyone!from the spirit of isis onto ur spirit everyone.

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate
Re: using white candles for negative works?

Unread post by wraithklewn » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:08 am

This is great news to hear Devi. i thank you for the advice. and that is a great point about the coloring of candles in recent history.
HRCC Graduate # 1684G
Thank you St. Michael for your fierce protection

jmom

Unread post by jmom » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:14 pm

Needing a candle spell to banish anger.

AmaSarah

Unread post by AmaSarah » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:52 pm

Hi, I understand your concern with candles in the home but there are lots of ways to safely burn candles in and around your home. Here are some options. I've used most of them:

In the bathtub
In a large oven-proof casserole dish
In the garage
In a ceramic flower pot
I've placed vigil candles in large, clear flower vases
I've placed vigil candles in large, glass jars that I cleaned out
You can use any non-flammable receptacle, really
I had an outdoor balcony with nothing flammable on it and burned candles there
In an outdoor barbeque
Pretty much anywhere outside. I've place my vigils outside under an over-turned ceramic flower pot. It protects them and has air holes so they don't smother.

There is an incredible energy around that little flame and once you start working with candles, you'll see that you can't do without!
good luck!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:00 pm

jmom wrote:Needing a candle spell to banish anger.
Multiple posts are not needed as you have posted this in another thread. In addition, this topic is not inline with this thread.

If you would like to banish anger you can simply get a black candle and dress it with banishing oil/powder. Or you can work with cast off evil.

http://www.luckymojo.com/castoffevil.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/products-banishing.html

kymike78
Variety of Candles

Unread post by kymike78 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:16 pm

I am about to attempt my first candle burn - and really my first working of any type. I'm using the "Retaining Health" ritual out of Gamache's book as a guideline and I have a couple of questions about the variety of candles I'm going to be using.

I ordered alter candles & anointing oils from Lucky Mojo and received them today - very impressed with the quality. When I ordered I bought a mixed dozen in the colors I need so all of my candles are the same size and shape. - but realized I need to order some holders since I don't have any that will fit the circumference of the candles securely. This got me wondering about whether or not I needed to differentiate between the astral candle I'll be using to signify myself and the candles used to draw health to me. Also, Gamache recommends using cross candles as the alter candles to designate the space.

I've looked through the forum and the LM site but really couldn't find anything that said it was necessary to differentiate between the candles based on their function, but the existence of figural candles suggests that differentiation is sometimes a good thing and necessary.

What have you all found in your experience? Have you had luck/no luck when all of the candles in a ritual are the same? Should I just get a larger candle to signify myself to emphasize the "attention" of the other candles toward it?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Variety of Candles

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:37 pm

The use of figural candles is optional, but many people like to keep cross candles and a Bible on the altar when doing work for peace, healing, ans so forthy.

As for holders, the 4" star candle holders and 6" star candle holders are very economical.
catherine yronwode

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:15 pm

Here is the link for the candle holders http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocattools.html#holders
The 4" are 50 cents and the 6" are 75 cents

kymike78

Unread post by kymike78 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:46 pm

Thanks for the input about the candles, catherineyronwode. I decided to get slightly larger candles for the alter & astral candles because it felt right that they be a bit different than the "worker" candles. I figure if this is supposed to be helping me and represent me then I should probably follow my instincts.

And those were the holders I was planning on getting, jwmcclin :)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:00 pm

Glad I could help!

AnnieR

Too Many Candles?

Unread post by AnnieR » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Is there such a thing as too many candles for the same type of petition, i.e., such as money, increased business, financial security that are in a way all related?

We have a home-based family business that needs some"oommph" and more business coming in and a little "luck". Almost over the hump but need a push, continual positive energy,

I like to light several a month (I just happen to love the Lucky Mojo fixed candles as a personal spiritual reward)and all of my topics seem to be mostly related as for the end result, but I do not want to appear "greedy".

I have done Lucky Buddha, Lucky Mojo, Lucky 13, Road Opener, Prosperity, Bayberry, Money Drawing, Uncrossing, Money Stay With Me, Good Luck & House Blessing. I don't know if my way of thinking in burning them for ongoing luck/work is correct or overkill.

It is definitely changing for the positive this year and our business increasing, so I know they are helping. Is it better then to stop or continue burning until desired goals are met? But again I do want to be thankful/appreciative and not be construed as material-gain oriented. My family security (which is financially based) is our number one goal. We have had our business for 27 years with our son working with us as well. I know we are in the same predicament that many other hard working people are experiancing, so I know I am not alone, except that all of our eggs fall in one basket so to speak.

Are there any other recommended candles that I have not considered that might help to further my petition/goals?

I have had a fantastic reading with Miss Cat and followed her advice which has really made a stride for us but I want to continue the positive outcomes.

I appreciate all of the wisdom and advice I have read on this wonderful forum and thanks for the advice.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Too Many Candles?

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:42 pm

You received advice from the best. Many workers maintain an altar where they keep money drawing spells going continuously.

Miss Ida Lundin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:27 am

Yes, keeping continuous money drawing work going, is so beneficial!
It's not greedy it's just common sense. Keep that money pouring in.
You wouldn't stop working the day you get your paycheck.
Just to ensure no one viewed you as greedy for wanting money the next month as well.
Why stop the spiritual work?

Being grateful for what you have isn't apposed to wanting more of it. Not to me at least.
Good to hear the candles are working for you!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:16 am

I, too, have noticed that the more continuously I work with my money drawing lodestone the better he helps me out. It is a continuing and very ongoing work, that I find benefits me more if I can tend to it DAILY. This has been going on for about a year now! Keep it up!

Good luck,

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson

AnnieR

Unread post by AnnieR » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:10 am

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. I find them very comforting and beautiful to say the least. Each one seems to be an individual work of art.
Are there any other money drawing candles I should consider or combine to make it more powerful?
I should all add that I have enjoyed reading these forums for months and am amazed at the wisdom and knowledge presented here! Whew.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:21 am

AnnieR wrote:Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. I find them very comforting and beautiful to say the least. Each one seems to be an individual work of art.
Are there any other money drawing candles I should consider or combine to make it more powerful?
I should all add that I have enjoyed reading these forums for months and am amazed at the wisdom and knowledge presented here! Whew.
...and thank YOU, Annie for the well-worded and thoughtfully phrased question you posed to us. It was very nice to read and made responding to it a treat! Good luck to you...

-Joseph m
Joseph Magnuson

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:23 am

AnnieB --

You say, "I have done Lucky Buddha, Lucky Mojo, Lucky 13, Road Opener, Prosperity, Bayberry, Money Drawing, Uncrossing, Money Stay With Me, Good Luck & House Blessing" candles, and ask, "Are there any other money drawing candles I should consider or combine to make it more powerful?"

I would say that although there are other money-oriented candles, at this point what is needed is steadfastness of purpose and continuance of prayer.

We all have our personal favourites in terms of candles, and the oils and herbs with which they are dressed, but the reason that i make so many variations available is not that one is more powerful than another. Rather, i am seeking to sustain and keep in circulation the regional conjure traditions that developed over many years in the USA. I see great worth and historical depth in these subtle variations in conjure practices, according to what i have learned in my travels, and so it is my pleasure to offer the old-time Lucky Buddha candle of Chicago conjure alongside the more recent Prosperity candle of the Bronx and the way-old-time Money Drawing candle of Memphis.

Think of these variations in hoodoo candle forms, dressing oils, and herb mixtures as if they were dishes offered to you at a fine gourmet restaurant. Is the Southwestern Prawns Pan Seared with Orange Cilantro Sauce more likely to satisfy your hunger than the Roasted Breast of Capon Topped with Caper Butter? Probably not -- because they are both good food. But your taste-bud and aroma memories and sense of regional location may help decide to choose one over the other. And so it is with our array of money-drawing products -- enjoy the long list, and "taste" of them as you see fit. All are well-made, and all have the power of our prayers called into them.
catherine yronwode

AnnieR

Unread post by AnnieR » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:41 am

Thanks Miss Cat, that makes a lot of sense.
I know that in the end I am in control of my own destiny and positive thinking/choices draw postive outcomes in my mind, but I sure like having the help. Like an invisible hand on the shoulder or pat on the back! Maybe it just makes me feel more confident and in touch with my spiritual side, but they do make me feel comforted. Putting into practice all elemants both physical and metaphysical has greatly enhanced my outlook.
I look forward to trying more candles and reading more of the forums!

AnnieR

Unread post by AnnieR » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:01 am

I ordered a Lodestone and an Attraction Candle, sounded like a good combo and I haven't used those yet. The candles are just such a pleasure and treat to burn, it feels like a reward to myself!
Thanks again for the repsonses and guidance.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:01 am

You are very welcome!
catherine yronwode

BellaMars
Can candles be set on foil or wax paper?

Unread post by BellaMars » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:58 pm

I have been searching to forum for an answer to this question.

I recently found and cleaned up a large brass plate to burn my candles on my altar. I was wondering how people handle the candle wax melting on them? Do you just let it melt directly on the brass? Or can we line the plate with foil or wax paper so that its easier to dispose of any spell wax remains without having to scrape the plate?
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

ladydawn

pink vs red candles for love

Unread post by ladydawn » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:23 pm

do you prefer to use pink or red candles for love? I think of red as being used more for desire/lust/passion and sexual desire, or more short term, but strong, attraction and pink for romantic love or a long term relationship. Does this sound correct?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: pink vs red candles for love

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:43 pm

You are definitely on the right track...read here about How to practice Hoodoo Candle Magic which includes color symbolism.

rhiannonwales
Re: Can candles be set on foil or wax paper?

Unread post by rhiannonwales » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:51 pm

I have seen rootworkers use foil under candles in some of the pictures on the AIRR site. I personally use foil pie pans under glass candles ever since I had one break and spill wax all over. I plan to do the same with the honey jar spell I am planning.

Hope this helps!

corazon

Unread post by corazon » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:08 pm

yes, i use foil under my candles.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:18 pm

I have used foil under my candles. (especially with reversal jumbo candles) Some people use sand some use dirt.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”