Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Possible New Copyright Theft.

Please report copyright theft here: Eliminate thieves and help maintain the online spiritual community as a place of trust and respect.
Aphrodite_Moon
Possible New Copyright Theft.

Unread post by Aphrodite_Moon » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:58 pm

Hi there, Looking at ‘Conjured Cardea’s’ site, the information re: Devils Shoestring is almost exactly as the LM site, with regards to placing 9 pieces into Hoyt’s cologne, etc. Just feel you may wish to check the wording of the text out on this website . Thank you

Miss Athena
Site Admin
Re: Possible New Copyright Theft.

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:02 pm

Looks nearly identical, with only tiny edits to the Lucky Mojo text.

Her link is here:
https://www.shop.conjuredcardea.com/Dev ... egoryId=-1

Lucky Mojo's text:
http://www.luckymojo.com/devilsshoestring.html
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Aphrodite_Moon

Unread post by Aphrodite_Moon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:29 pm

Would this warrant her needing to state that she copied your text as per copyright?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:11 am

Aphrodite_Moon,

Citing work is often done in professional research and writing. I am not a sales expert, but to use this work she would have to have an agreement or permission by the source to use this information.
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:40 pm

Thanks. We will check this out.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

MrsSchaeffer2020

Unread post by MrsSchaeffer2020 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:46 pm

A poster with the same name from here posted information on the Intranquil Spirit on another site: https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/t/in ... ow/68508/4

He came here, gleaned as much information as he could while engaging with you then took it to another site, basically to act like an expert. The dates are very interesting.
"I'm not doing work for 'signs,' I'm doing work for success." ScorpioKate

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:58 pm

Hello MrsSchaeffer2020,

OK, thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.

MrsSchaeffer2020

Unread post by MrsSchaeffer2020 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:20 pm

Not sure what you can do about it, but a forum member (name redacted) is over on the previously mentioned board giving all the wrong information on the Intranquil Spirit and starting fights with people who give the right information. He mentioned and referred to LM so I would hate that anyone thinks that someone here let alone Miss Cat would lead anyone the wrong way.
"I'm not doing work for 'signs,' I'm doing work for success." ScorpioKate

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:16 pm

Hello MrsSchaeffer2020,

I edited your post to remove the name of the forum member that you were referencing. We don't moderate other boards, so can't do anything about how our members engage elsewhere. Thank you for being vigilant.

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:30 pm

Unrelated dealer, but a company from China called “Tabo Candle” is using using Lucky Mojo’s candle display to sell their product, with their website watermarked over the Photo. HUUUUUUGE theft.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 23c2L02Pc8
HRCC Student #2174G

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:18 pm

Thank you. That is awful.

They are also spuriously watermarking the trademarked images of several other candle companies! We will contact Alibaba, the uploader site which the vendor is using for display.

THANK YOU.
catherine yronwode

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:59 pm

Found another one at Lucky Hoodoo Candles. Bottom right. Maybe they're buying them from Tabo Candles?

http://www.luckyhoodoo.com/images/candles.jpg
HRCC Student #2174G

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:13 pm

Thanks! I will sic siva on them!
catherine yronwode

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:38 pm

Sent them DMCA takedown and Trademark infringement notices. Perhaps one of them will stick. I found the the-eye took down previous infringements!
nagasiva yronwode
https://www.facebook.com/nagasiva.yronwode
forum@luckymojo.com (Forum Tech Help)

SpellsnSuch

Unread post by SpellsnSuch » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Hello,

I was googling and found a website blackcatcurios.com and a lot of products they have have the same name / similar description of lucky mojo. Is this company affiliated with lucky mojo?

i remember seeing a list of companies that were, but i can not seem to find it.

thanks

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:06 pm

Hi, SpellsnSuch.

Nope, that company is not an affiliate of the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. They are selling products with names similar to ours. There is no copyright theft in this case, but thank you for your concern for us. It is much appreciated.

The owner of that site is anonymous -- "Laura L'Angelle (aka Ms Laura) Proprietor / Practitioner Extraordinaire" -- and there seems to be no physical store and no means of contact beyond a web form-mail (a.k.a. "The Black Hole of Contact Forms").

The site is pretty and the writer states on her blog, "I first heard of this work back in 2005, when I was a student of Cat Yronwode. Unlike most of her students, I did not stay close, as we had a falling out early on."

Putting together the name "Laura" and the date 2005, i believe that this is Laura Profits a.k.a. Laura Hair, Student #0555G, who signed up for my course in 2005 and graduated in 2006. (She is Caucasian and she states on her web site that she first learned hoodoo from her black babysitter, "Ms. B" -- so i was not her only teacher.)

All of my graduates are invited to come and take free hands-on apprenticeship training classes with me. In 2007, she and i arranged that she would come out for a free one-on-one 3-week apprenticeship program. This was to involve me working with her 8 hours a day, for 15 work-days, at absolutely no cost to her, so that she would be able to set up her own shop. She lived in Arizona, and drove here. At the time, she was running Sister Moon Mystical Supplies out of of her suburban home, and was also developing companies under the names Black Cat Hoodoo, Black Cat Curios, and Noir Tees (a T-shirt company, with her husband).

As part of her free training, i asked her to sign a non-disclosure agreement. This is a stock, off-the-internet NDA, of the kind that is included in the standard practices of most businesses that involve the use of proprietary formulas.

All Lucky Mojo employees and all in-person apprentices i have ever had have signed the NDA. According to our database, 88 graduate students have completed the 3-week apprenticeship training program over the years, and another 76 apprentices have taken at least one of the 1-week segments but have not yet completed all 3 weeks. Out of all these people, Laura is the only person who has refused to sign the NDA. We were never sure why, and our guesses were that either she had somehow expected that the apprenticeship, which is about THE HISTORY AND TECHNIQUES OF MANUFACTURE, would result in her getting possession of my proprietary FORMULAS, or perhaps she thought that taking the apprenticeship would somehow legally obligate her to me beyond the simple terms of the NDA.

In any case, she phoned her husband in Arizona, and he told her it was a bad idea for her to sign the NDA, and she got very upset, told me she would have never come out if she had known she had to sign it, jumped into her car, and drove off on her second day here, spewing gravel on the driveway. We were left standing there, shaking our heads.

This is what she characterizes as "a falling out early on." From my perspective, we did not have a "falling out." From my perspective she drove away like a bat out of hell and i never heard from her again -- and, in my opinion, it was not "early on" in our relationship, either, because i had known her for two years, liked her, thought she was a good candidate to operate a shop of her own, and had offered her 120 hours of free training to help set her up.

According to my database records, 2,205 people have enrolled in my Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course, and of these, 568 have graduated. Of course not all of them have remained my friends. Some have died, some have moved far away, some have refashioned their lives in such a way as to exclude our former shared interests, some have succumbed to mental illnesses or addictions that preclude social contact, and some just don't like me anymore, if they ever did.

I am on the autism spectrum, so i do not actively seek out or pursue intense friendships (i prefer collegiality), but i am also a Taurus, so i never, ever discard friends or colleagues, and i remain loyal for life. As a result, i am always baffled when people choose to discard my friendship, and especially when they do so with hard feelings that remain in place, and which they bring up in public, after more than a decade. If i did something wrong, i apologize. If they did something wrong, i usually accept their apologies. Being colleagues and friends is a lot more pleasing to me than being foes or gossiping adversaries. (It leaves me more time to do my work!)

Friendships are so individualistic that there is no proof except the test of time when it comes to understanding which of my students will want to apprentice with me and which colleagues will remain as friends after one year, five years, a decade, or more.

Anyway, as Abraham Lincoln said, “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

So that is Laura Hair / Laura Profts. She makes her own oils. She is not associated with the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. in any way, and whatever went on between us in her mind, it did not go on in my mind. I bear her no ill will and i am very happy that she credited me for a spell i taught her, but i am also sad to see that my name is still a bad taste in her mouth as recently as June, 2019 -- a full 12 years after she drove out of our driveway and cut all ties with us.

People are strange ... and i include myself in that. I am strange too. We are all strange.
catherine yronwode

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:32 pm

When I was researching mojo bags for the correspondance course, I ordered one of hers as part of the process. It was a competently made bag, from what I saw.

Shame about the drama...
HRCC Student #2174G

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Copyright Theft Reports and Results”