Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

7-11 Holy Oil Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure oils and ritual oils in magic spells, and which oils are best for your purposes.
Apo

Unread post by Apo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:05 am

Hello,

I been wondering why doesn't Lucky Mojo sell High Altar oil, which i thought was a traditional hoodoo oil.

Am I mistaken? Or is there another reason?

Is 7-11 Holy Oil a substitute for High Altar Oil in the Lucky Mojo oil products?

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Re: High Altar Oil Traditional?

Unread post by Lukianos » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Hi Apo,

The concordant Lucky Mojo oil for the purpose you describe would be 7-11 Holy oil, compounded after the art of the apothecary, as specified in the Bible:

OIL-SPE-711H Oil Special 7-11 Holy Oil

Hope this helps!
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:16 pm

Hi, Apo,

Edward is correct. High Altar Oil, also spelled Hi-Altar Oil -- and also known in traditional hoodoo shops as 7-11 Holy Oil, Holy Oil, Bible Oil, Exodus Oil, Temple Oil, and Abramelin Oil -- all derive from the formula given in the Bible, in the Book of Exodus.

Because that oil was specified to be made and used only on the Temple altar of the Jews, and the Temple was destroyed, it is the custom of Jewish pharmacists and apothecaries to make slightly "off-spec" versions, incorporating minor, almost indistinguishable, differences from the original recipe and to give the resultant oil names that imply but do not directly state that this is the true Holy Oil of the Temple.

I have settled on a famous name for this compound, 7-11 Holy Oil. This name came out of a Chicago pharmacy formulary of the 1930s, and is -- like all the others listed above -- essentially a close copy of the Biblical Holy Oil.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:37 pm

And it is wonderful! Mmmm, I love 7-11 Holy Oil -- I love the way it smells and I love the way it feels, I highly recommend it!
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Azna21

Unread post by Azna21 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:01 pm

I have no idea what's in this oil, but it is amazing! =) Last Friday, after an exhausting, chaotic week of interacting w/a lot of frustrated, fearful and anxious individuals/co-workers (I work full-time in the legal field - not the most sane job sector), in addition to being sleep deprived, I came home and drenched a purifying incense stick w/the 7-11 Holy Oil in hopes of shifting & transmuting all the energy I'd absorbed like a sponge. As thick clouds of incense smoke began to envelope my apartment, I literally felt like I was floating ... a true natural high. The 7-11 Oil seems to clear out/away undesirable vibrations, kind of like Van Van oil does, but it has it's own distinctive essence. I'm curious to know if anyone else uses 7-11 Oil and what their experiences have been like??

Love & Light,
Azna21

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: 7-11 Holy Oil

Unread post by Miss Bri » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:46 am

I agree, I love 7-11 Holy Oil too. It is, I believe, formulated after the holy Temple oil recipe given in Exodous (although not an exact copy of the formula because the exact formula was to never leave the temple). I use it for anointing myself and I frequently add it to blessing, protection, healing, and uncrossing candles that I burn for clients.

Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Azna21

Unread post by Azna21 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:30 am

Thanks so much Bri - so it sounds like this oil is also a protector w/the extra blessing & healing essence (I’ll go back and read more about it)?! You've given me great ideas about dressing candles ... it's hard to tell at times what LM puts in the glass candles they dress, and I'm often hesitant to ruin a perfect recipe so-to-speak. But you’ve listed great ideas (as always)!!

Azna21

suzyparker

7/11 Holy Oil

Unread post by suzyparker » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:11 pm

Hello,

does anyone know if this can be used in annointing candles for any purpose (love, luck, etc) or strictly for one type of work.

thank you

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: 7/11 Holy Oil

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:16 pm

I just ordered a bottle of this myself - I can't wait for it to get here!

The formula is a Biblical one that is used for healing, prayer, devotional, and blessing work, and other "Temple-appropriate" activities. From my knowledge of the kinds of things that would go into this formula (it's based off the ones stated in the Bible), I wouldn't really use it for stuff outside of a more holy/high purpose - hence the name Holy Oil.

If you're looking for an all-purpose annointing oil, I'd go with the Special Oil #20. Though if I was working for luck or love I would probably use a condition oil that suited my purpose exactly, rather than one that's more generic. But Attraction Oil can be good for any number of things you wish to draw towards yourself.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

suzyparker

Unread post by suzyparker » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:12 pm

Thanks... makes sense

you will not be disappointed in the 7/11.. smells so good... I put some on my wrists to calm myself down and it worked. just beautiful

SP

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:57 pm

cat actually has a really good quote about Special Oil #20 here:

special-oil-no-20-questions-and-answers-t6672.html

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:59 pm

I also love this oil. I will usually anoint myself with this and FWP before I do healing work with my clients. It also gets added to all candles that I fix for healing, blessing, petitioning saints and angels, and any other case where I feel a little extra holy energy is useful. I also use it on candles set in thanks for favors granted by angels, saints, spirits, etc.
The scent is really just heavenly - different than I expected, but better!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:13 pm

The Holy Oil is based on Exodus 30:22-25.

I use it to dress my Miraculous Medal and my altar statues and tools.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:19 pm

would it be helpful to wear around a very sick pet?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:23 am

Well, the oil itself is just made to be used with prayer according to a Biblical recipe. It's power lies more in tradition than in it's exact formulation. So if you wear it prayerfully, then that might help the pet. But I would go with some Healing oil and St Francis oil in combination.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:09 am

I was just thinking about this oil this morning. Good information.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
7-11 Holy oil and Healing oil inquiry

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:46 pm

I am wondering if there is a significant difference in the 7-11 Holy oil and the Healing oil. From experience I know that some oils overlap in terms of intent. If you have experience with either please provide your experience. Thanks in advance.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: 7-11 Holy oil and Healing oil inquiry

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:20 pm

I have and use both.

The Healing Oil is a blend of oils from herbs that are specifically related to healing.

The 7-11 Holy Oil is a Biblical recipe for anointing oil, usually used with prayer. It has essential oils in it as mentioned in the Bible. In addition to its herbal energies, its power also comes from its relationship to the religious practices - which is why it is often used for prayers. You can use it in healing rites, but as it is very resonant with Judeo-Christian holy energies, there is power from the blessings and association with holy tradition.

phoenixrising
Lucky Mojo 7-11 Holy Oil Testimonials

Unread post by phoenixrising » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:27 am

Hi All,

I LOVE this oil and I highly recommend it. It brings such a soothing and peaceful vibe. I also love that very subtle spicy, cinnamony smell. I didn't get a chance to do some some of my rituals as I had planned because of unforseen circumstances and I was feeling so stressed out about some things mainly my job and I really felt like I was on the verge of losing it. So, I started annointing myself with the 7-11 oil and praying the 23rd and 91st Psalms each morning before I leave for work and it is absolutely amazing the turnaround I have seen. Situations and people that used to really stress me out at work don't bother me any more. I've also noticed some of my co-workers are more pleasant. I just feel this overwhelming sense of peace and that everything is going to be alright.

Now that things have calmed down and I'm feeling better mentally, I feel like I can really move forward and get back on track with my hoodoo work!

Happy Hoodooing all!
phoenix

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: 7-11 Holy Oil - brings the peace that passeth understanding

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:25 am

Thanks for the testimonial. This is our version of the Holy Oil mentioned in the Bible, and we love it too -- in addition to Cinnamon and Cassia, it contains other Biblical essences and fragrances -- a truly blessed oil.
catherine yronwode

phoenixrising

Unread post by phoenixrising » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:06 am

catherineyronwode wrote:Thanks for the testimonial. This is our version of the Holy Oil mentioned in the Bible, and we love it too -- in addition to Cinnamon and Cassia, t contains other Biblical essences and fragrances -- a truly blessed oil.
Yes, Miss Cat...that's exactly why I ordered it. I had read some good things about it on the board and that's when I went to the bible and read the scripture. It is truly a blessed oil. I also like the fact that it comes in a nice big bottle. I'm going to give some to my mom...she's not necessraily a believer in hoodoo so I'll just tell her it's a Holy Oil based on Biblical scripture. That's my way of doing a sneaky trick to get her to use the oil to compliment some healing and blessing work that I will secretly be doing on her behalf.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:36 am

I adore this oil, too. The scent is just amazing, and the energy is so divine and peaceful. I use it a great deal with my healing, blessing, and similar work.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:49 am

I third that testimony and have used it daily at times the addition of the psalms (23 & 91 my favorites) seems appropriate.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:30 pm

Thanks Devi this helps...

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:59 am

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this oil is interesting to me, and I'm interested in the Holy Miracle Spell Kit, but there's no information on it in the website catalogue. Any help? What does it do exactly?
HRCC Student #2174G

ProfessorAmes
HRCC Graduate
Gamache Candle Burning Oils

Unread post by ProfessorAmes » Fri May 20, 2011 5:45 pm

Is there a list of which oils match up to the Henri Gamache Oils in his book, The Master Book of Candle Burning? I really love the Gamache book and want to start using it regularly in my altar practice.

For instance, he calls for a Hi-Altar Oil to dress the altar candles. Is this closer to the Lucky Mojo 711 Holy Oil, or the Abramelin Oil, which seems to be more of a traditional "holy" oil?

The zodiac oils are pretty straightforward, but he mentions a few others that could have different matches to Lucky Mojo stock oils. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Professor Ames - HRCC Graduate #1694

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Re: Gamache Candle Burning Oils

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri May 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Blade66 / Professor Ames --

Of the two, 7-11 Holy Oil is closer to a traditional Holy Oil, what with being made from the recipe for holy anointing oil from the bible. Abramelin is close on some of the components, but is a different oil.

If you could give an example or something maybe we could help, but you don't really explain what you mean, so no, I have no suggestions ;)
HRCC Student #1559

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Fri May 20, 2011 10:28 pm

This thread contains lists of correspondences made by Miss cat between Gamache's oil names in "The Master Book of Candle Burning" and Lucky Mojo oils:

using-lucky-mojo-oils-with-gamache%CA%B ... t9297.html
ConjureMan - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

coastwitch

Unread post by coastwitch » Sat May 21, 2011 12:47 am

Thanks for the link, there are a number of posts in that thread about correlating Gamache's oil names from "The Master Book of Candle Burning" with the oils made and sold by Lucky Mojo.
coastwitch

ProfessorAmes
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by ProfessorAmes » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:12 am

Ah, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for - just couldn't seem to put in the right search words - thanks a million. I'm going to start my oil collection now!
Professor Ames - HRCC Graduate #1694

Jinglepop

Unread post by Jinglepop » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:30 am

Ah... there we have it! I was wondering what this oil was for. I read on another website that whenever one is starting out on hoodoo, one should have Special Oil #20 and 7-11 Holy Oil, that these two are essential and very basic to have on one's altar.

It heals, protects, calms and blesses! This would be perfect for troubled people, for the sick whether in body or mind. :) Does anyone else know what might this mysterious holy oil can be used for?

Since it is so gentle, I think I shall use it also for burning candles as thanks to spirits and the universe for hearing my prayers. *goes to order a bottle*

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:29 am

Put a few drops in your hair or on your head and say "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over." (Psalm 23:5) for blessings and protection.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

autumnalflower

Unread post by autumnalflower » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:46 am

Should 7-11 Holy Oil be used with the Protection / Blessing / Healing oils (I like that combination for my son and I) or could it be used in place of them?

Thanks, about to place an order and may include these 2.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: 7-11 Holy Oil Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:49 am

Hi, autumnalflower --

As noted above, 7-11 Holy Oil is based on an ancient Jewish Bible formula for use with prayers, which Christians also use.

OIL-SPE-SEVE
7-11 Holy Type Oil, 4 oz.
$14.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

It is not the same as Healing Oil, Protection Oil, or Blessing Oil -- and definitely not the same as Special Oil No. 20, with which it is sometimes mingled.

It is mild and gentle, and has stood the test of time. It is often blended with other oils to achieve a prayerful resonance to an oil that has a bit more of a specific energy to it, such as Healing Oil.
catherine yronwode

autumnalflower

Unread post by autumnalflower » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:16 pm

Thank you for taking the time to clear that up for me Miss Cat.

autumnalflower

Unread post by autumnalflower » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:10 am

Oh Miss Cat the 7-11 oil and special oil #20 are just lovely! I'm really looking forward to using them alone and in conjunction with the other oils. I have to add all the oils I've gotten all smell just heavenly..thanks for such wonderful products! (I know this could be put also in the customer testimonials, so feel free to put it there if so desired, but since primarily talking of the 7-11/special 20 oils thought I'd post my response here since I had asked of those 2 oils in this thread.)

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:18 am

Hi autumnal flower,

in case you're interested in combined oil results:
i tried a combo of 3 parts 7-11 oil + 1 part healing has worked wonders for petitions of healing and improved mental health. with psalm 16 it worked great for grief and depression stemming from grief.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:05 am

Another well-loved combination is Holy Oil plus Blessing Oil.

OIL-SPE-SEVE
7-11 Holy Type Oil, 4 oz.
$14.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

OIL-HOO-HEAL
Healing Oil
$7.50

OIL-HOO-BLES
Blessing Oil
$7.50

catherine yronwode

autumnalflower

Unread post by autumnalflower » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:12 pm

Thank you Aura, I will try that one for sure. And thanks Mama Micki for your link as well.

Michael B

Unread post by Michael B » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:11 am

Does anyone know if 7-11 Oil is still available ? I was about to order the 7-11 Holy Miracle mojo bag, and wanted to get an accompanying bottle of anointing oil to go with it - but I cannot find it listed anywhere.
Would Abramelin oil be next course of action ?

Thanks !!
Michael
Thank you Jove, for your blessings and consideration.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:46 am

Hi Michael,

The oïl is still available :) It's under the ''special hoodoo oils'' section here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatoils.html#special
Aura Laforest

Michael B

Unread post by Michael B » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:25 am

Thanks - but that's the 4oz "massage oil"... I was really hoping for the 1/2oz "anointing" oil...

:-)
Michael
Thank you Jove, for your blessings and consideration.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:39 am

Actually the 4oz 7-11 Holy Oil is not a message oil at all. Yes it is just in the category of special oils which includes only two message oils (Lucky Clover Vulva Oil and Lucky Swastika Penis Oil). 7-11 Holy Oils is an anointing oil and is only available for purchase in a 4 oz bottle, and is excellent to have on hand. Not only to anoint your mojo bag, but there are many other great uses for this oil.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

fantasma79
A question about an ingredient in a specific oil.

Unread post by fantasma79 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:03 pm

I have a question regarding an ingredient that has been historically included in Holy Oil. I am not referring to the Lucky Mojo variant of this oil, just generally speaking. Is this permissible on this site or generally frowned upon. I'm not trying to step on any toes here.
Thanks! :?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: A question about an ingredient in a specific oil.

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:39 pm

Good Evening, fantasma79,
I'm sorry, but we don't discuss products other than Lucky Mojo products.
If you're interested in buying Holy Oil from Lucky Mojo and are concerned regarding a possible allergic reaction, you may call the shop and tell them the problem.
I am so sorry. But thank you for asking first (before posting). That is very thoughtful of you!
HRCC Graduate #1631

angelael

Unread post by angelael » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:19 pm

Fantasma,

You may find your answer by reading the write up for the Lucky Mojo Abramelin oil, http://www.luckymojo.com/abramelin.html .

fantasma79

Unread post by fantasma79 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:28 am

Thank you! :D

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:31 am

Of course, read your Bible. It would be another excellent resource for you.

Best of luck! :-)
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Angelkitty
Re: Seven-Eleven 7-11 Holy Oil Questions and Answers

Unread post by Angelkitty » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:22 am

Hi,

I have just received another LM order and as ever I am really excited and the products received are AMAZING! But I noticed that me being a bit ditsy, I forgot to order road opener oil, I had planned on dressing an orange candle (which was in my order) with the oil with a petition placed underneath. I did receive 7-11 oil, (the bottle is huge and the oil smells wonderful) I was just wondering as it is a multi purpose oil, would I be alright to use it on my orange candle in place of road opener oil until I can afford to place another order?

Thanks x

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Seven-Eleven 7-11 Holy Oil Questions and Answers

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:43 pm

Hello, maria84 ,

Yes, you can do that. It's Holy Oil!!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:49 pm

I am currently speechless. This oil is the most amazing product that I have ever owned! (Although I think all of the LM products that I have bought are fabulous!)

As I asked about it in a previous post I went ahead and used the oil to work as a road opener. I placed an orange candle (from LM) engraved with "open all roads" and my full name, dressed in 7-11 oil in the middle of three white candles, one dressed in LM blessing oil, one in cast off evil and one in LM attraction oil and placed a petition under the orange candle. I read the psalms and prayer from the LM road opening product page and I said my own prayer which incorporated all of the oils and why I had included them.

Within 60 seconds of me snuffing out my candles I had email saying that people had prayed for me using the prayer I have on CSL linking to this work.

To me this is a positive sign! Surely with my work, the help from all the wonderful people on here, amazing LM products, my prayers and the prayers of the lovely people on CSL things are going to go my way! :D

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:47 am

Soon i gonna take a 13th herb bath,can i anoint myself with this oil after each bath ?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:47 am

This would be a great oil to use after the 13-herb bath goldentouch97. Blessing is another nice choice.
Aura Laforest

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:16 am

I Can mix dem togheter ?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:08 pm

Yes you can goldentouch97.
Aura Laforest

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:34 pm

Thanks for your help.

MsTiye

Unread post by MsTiye » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi, Everyone!

What is the difference between Lucky Mojo's 7-11 Holy Oil and Abramelin Oil?
MsTiye

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:26 pm

Hello MMsTiye,

You can read about Abramerlin oil at this site:

http://www.luckymojo.com/abramelin.html

7-11 Holy oil is a a holy oil that can be used for many kinds of work. The recipe is based on a recipe found in the bible and was used in jewish temples. People who make their own oils will alter the recipe slightly since it will not be used in a temple.

Abramerlin oil oil was transcribed in a grimoire that was attributed to a mage of the same name. It is also based on the recipe found in the old testament. They both can be used for many different kinds of work

Peace~

Nathen

Nettles282

Unread post by Nettles282 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:34 pm

Forgive me I am a bit of a newbie, but what is the difference between holy 7-11 from
A blessing oil? I don’t quite get it. The effects sound similar, to me the 7-11 came off like a beefed up version of the blessing oil. You see originally I was going to buy blessing but then found this one and thought it would be amazing for that purpose....but now I’m wondering if I’m missing out because the blessing does something different? Can 7-11 do all that the blessing oil can?

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:46 pm

7-11 is one of several recipes loosely based on the Holy Anointing Oil recipe given in the 30th chapter of Exodus. It was not permitted for this oil to be used by anyone but the priests, so modern oils based on this recipe never follow it exactly. (As has been stated several times in this thread!)

Lucky Mojo's Blessing Oil is a different recipe which has a distinct fragrance of roses. All its ingredients are traditionally used for blessing.

I like Blessing Oil for any kind of Peaceful Home work, and I often add 7-11 Holy Oil to Court Case work, political magic, and any situation where somebody needs to straighten up and fly right.
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Anointing and Dressing Oils in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”