Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spell Timing: Time of Day or Night, Clock Time

sheisblessed

Re: Spell Timing: Time of Day or Night, Clock Time

Unread post by sheisblessed » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:24 pm

Thank you so much. I'm praying my supplies get here in time. If not then I'll make my honey jar at that time and pray because I have enough supplies for that.

sheisblessed

Unread post by sheisblessed » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:37 am

So unfortunately my supplies I need still haven't arrived. They are literally sitting at the post office down the street , which is closed on the weekend so I likely won't get it until tomorrow.

To take advantage of the Venus planetary hours last night I used a regular red candle and dressed it with reconciliation oil and rolled it sugar. Do you think this is a good placeholder until I can get everything for my honey jar which I'm now hoping will arrive on Monday.

I'm still doing everything during the Venus planetary hours.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:45 am

Sounds like you did just fine. Good luck!
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:35 am

Is a spell most effective, when an intended target is asleep, because their defenses are down?
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:15 pm

Hello madura01,

You question is a little vague. This would depend on the spell.

For instance, asking for a man to hire you for a job would best be worked during job hours, a sex spell might best be undertaken in the evening hours of relaxation, and a spell to influence someone's dreams for good or for ill would best be undertaken at night.

What kind of spell are you talking about?

Peace~

Nathen

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:32 pm

Hello natstein,

I meant for any spell in general. However, you answered my question. It varies, depending on the spell.

:)
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

DiosaRising

Unread post by DiosaRising » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:19 am

Hello,

I like to work within certain planetary hours but I'm having a difficult time finding a reliable calculator to calculate the hours for each day. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks and blessings.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:50 pm

Hello, DiosaRising ,

Planetary hours come under the heading of "time of the day or night," but see also our thread on planetary influences for days of the week, since it is common to perform work with double planetary influences, such as "On Jupiter's day in the hour of Jupiter."

Spell Timing: Planetary influences / Days of the Week
spell-timing-planetary-influences-days- ... t1429.html

There are several excellent planetary hour calculators online and they are very easy to find with the keywords "Planetary Hour Calculator".

Good luck
HRCC Graduate #1631

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:14 am

The planetary hours are a system of dividing the day and night that date back to classical times. Instead of 24 hours, the time is divided into spans ruled by each of the seven classical planets. It is a wonderful way to time spells. Simple mechanical planetary hour calculators were sold in hoodoo shops and via popular magazines as early as the 1920s. Nowadays most people find the times online.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

CuriousIndigo

Unread post by CuriousIndigo » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi,
Talking about time of day to do candle work, some say certain candles when the sun rise, other kinds when the sun set. Does that mean the very first time a candle lit? Because if Vigil candle is supposed to lit 24/7 till it complete, wouldn’t it involved timing during both sunrise and sunset? Please explain.

Blessings.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:38 pm

CuriousIndigo ,

People are talking about when you should start a work such as a 4 inch candle or a figure candle it would start at sunrise to draw things in like money, luck and love. At sunset to send things away like crossed conditions, or to hotfoot, curse etc. A vigil candle would be lit according to the time explained and let burn through. The starting of the burn carries the energy of the work when started.
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:32 am

Another important point about time of day -- many spells call for an activity, such as a bath or a candle lighting, to be performed on several days at the same time. Selecting that time, and sticking to it for the specified number of days, is an important part of the work in those cases.

This book i wrote goes into rather a bit of detail about the different forms of timing for candle spells, and it may help you determine how you wish to work your timing:

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

Deliciousdonut

Unread post by Deliciousdonut » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:38 am

I didn’t know where to post this, but when is it the best time of Day to light my candles for my Crown of Success & crucible of courage candles?

And one more thing do I need to cleans myself in my hyssop bath before I can begin?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:03 am

Hello Deliciousdonut ,

I have moved your post to the correct thread on spell timing, so please read through the posts here. And please be mindful of where you post in the future, as you were posting in the wrong topic area.

For information on working a candle with Crown of Success, visit this link:
crown-of-success-candle-questions-and-a ... t9483.html

I hope this helps. Good luck.

larue
Newly Registered

Unread post by larue » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:01 pm

Greetings everyone. Hi, I am new here and have a question about the timing of a hex. I've been practicing more health centered and "white magic" style paths for years but now I'm forced to do something heavier and darker and am unsure as to the exact timing. It has been my personal experience that with most of my lighter and more "positive" spell work that hourly timing, while important, didn't seem as crucial as with what I'm about to begin.

To give you all some background into my situation, I've been stalked for the past 5 years by a very destructive and malicious person. I live in a state that doesn't protect its victims much, and this man is very sinister and makes certain that he doesn't break the law, but yet he still gives me hell. He follows me online. I can't even be on social media. Even when I block him from sites and change my names and accounts, he still manages to follow me through my friends, family, interests, and favorite pages. He follows them too. He has some money and has hired people to watch me at time that he can't. He prevents me from having a romantic life. When he finds out about a new bf, he contacts them or gossips about me to them. He even lied and said that I had herpes to one, when I don't. He has called up my place of work and caused trouble there too. He uses guilt, threats, negging, gaslighting, and insults to hurt my feelings.

He is honestly damaging my health, mental state, financial life and freedom. I live like a recluse to avoid him. He has sent me pictures and videos of times I've been out and either chastised me and called me insulting names if I was all dolled up. He asked if I was trying to pick up men or was out on a date. Other times if I am just in sweats, flip flops and no makeup, he has send me footage of me when out and said that I look like a "fat, ugly hag" and that no one but him could possibly be attracted to me. My self-esteem is so damaged by him. When I confronted him to tell him about his behavior, he said that I am hypersentive and misread what he meant. I feel like I'll never be able to truly live until he is dead or banished completely. I want to clarify that he doesn't practice any spiritual or ritual work, in fact, he is a very vocal atheist, and so I feel like I am safe from spiritual attacks from him. My spirit is withering from his abuse though. Help.

Sorry to be so lengthy here, but I thought everyone needed to know all of this. Here's the main reason I'm writing though:

I know that this upcoming Saturday (October 26) will be ideal for my banishment spell and crossing.

My question is though, and please excuse my ignorance, I know it will be best performed on a Saturday night after midnight, but does that mean that I perform it tomorrow night, Friday night after midnight (which is technically Saturday by the clock) or do I wait until the actual Saturday night.

Thank you all in advance, and I am open to any other advice or help that you might could offer me. Thank you.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:34 pm

Hello larue,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum! We're glad to see you here.

I am sorry you are going through such a nightmare. You have the right idea to work on a Saturday, and night would be the right time. There is no rule to working after midnight, so choose a time Saturday night that works for you.

I have to ask that you not start new topics like you did. If you do a search of the forum first, you will find that we have nearly every topic already covered. I've moved your post to the correct topic on spell timing by day or night. You can read the previous posts of questions and answers to learn a lot more about this topic.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Karuna dasi
Newly Registered

Unread post by Karuna dasi » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:23 am

Hello,
I have a busy household so the times I have free for my candles and spell work are very erratic and limited. Sometimes there is only free time during the day but I have gotten it in my head that this work needs to be done under the light of the moon, or in the night time anyway.am I wrong about that? Is there a time of day that is right or wrong? (I'm working on healing and protection as well a banishing spell in the near future)
With gratitude,
Karuna

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:45 pm

Karuna dasi --

We actually have FOUR different threads on Spell Timing here in the forum.

Spell Timing: Moon Phases, Moon Signs, Moon Void of Course
spell-timing-moon-phases-moon-signs-moo ... -t442.html

Spell Timing: Planetary influences / Days of the Week
spell-timing-planetary-influences-days- ... t1429.html

Spell Timing: Eclipses and Retrogrades
spell-timing-eclipses-and-retrogrades-t2025.html

Spell Timing: Time of Day or Night, Clock Time
(This thread, where i have placed your query.)

I believe that if you start on Page 1 of this thread ad read to the end, most of what you are asking about will have been answered -- but if you have further questions, please JUST ASK.

Best of luck to you.
catherine yronwode

Lucky-Mojo-Hoodoo-Rootwork-Hour-Radio-Show.com

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”