Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Amulets and Talismans Questions and Answers

How to select, dress, fix, empower, and employ Lucky Mojo magical amulets, charms, seals, papers, talismans, and jewelry.
RevJames
Forum Moderator

Re: General Amulets and Talismans Questions and Answers

Unread post by RevJames » Wed May 09, 2018 10:19 am

Krazil -

Maybe you haven't had a chance to check all the links I provided before but a rather large list of items can be found on this page - http://www.luckymojo.com/protectionspells.html - under "PROTECTIVE CHARMS WORN ON THE PERSON" many of the ones found here are favorites for people as pocket pieces.

You may also be interested in a mojo bag to carry for protection such a the Fiery Wall of Protection Mojo - http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo-1x-fiery- ... ction.html

Depending on your situation, something else might suit you better like a Van Van mojo - http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo-1x-van-van.html or Fear Not To Walk Over Evil mojo - http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo-1x-fear-n ... -evil.html

Being so concerned with protection as you seem to be I'd suggest getting a reading with a reader or rootworker at AIRR - http://readersandrootworkers.org/ - that can help you with your particular situation. With everything we've already spoke about here, you may be using a shotgun when all you need is a sling shot ;)

Sister Jean -

You're most welcome and thank you for your diligence in the forums. Your posts and many of the other moderators are inspiring!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed May 09, 2018 7:21 pm

RevJames --

You ought to be a moderator yourself -- you are that good. But first, to qualify, you would have to take my course and graduate. How about it? :-)
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

RevJames
Forum Moderator

Unread post by RevJames » Thu May 10, 2018 10:12 am

Thank you so much miss Cat! You helped me get that ball rolling again on another post, I'm eager to get started! Thank you for that too!

CiCi

Unread post by CiCi » Fri May 11, 2018 5:25 am

This question is for catherineyronwode.

Hello I was reading some threads and I seen that you make jewelry for people. What number will I need to call to get that done and who would I speak with? Also what do I send in to you? Could I get something made for these things here:

I want to remove any jinx that was ever put on me and my son

I want protection from those who wish me and my son harm

I want a life full of prosperity for me and my son.

CiCi

Unread post by CiCi » Tue May 22, 2018 10:36 am

Hello again, what scriptures or wordings I can use for my rabbit foot and van van oil??? because as I read it’s both for protection and good luck..

RevJames
Forum Moderator

Unread post by RevJames » Tue May 22, 2018 11:07 am

Cici -

When in doubt, Psalm 23 is a good go-to. You can also check out the AIRR page on the Book of Psalms for more scripture with various attributions -http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _of_Psalms
There are many for protection and a couple for luck.

Hope that helps!

CiCi

Unread post by CiCi » Tue May 22, 2018 2:07 pm

This is great thanks

CiCi

Unread post by CiCi » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:01 pm

Hello where can I purchase this charm on the website

http://www.luckymojo.com/charmbracelets.html

Asturias

Unread post by Asturias » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:02 am

Hello CiCi,

That article may not refer to an item commercially available at luckymojo. The article's purpose may be of merely mentioning the charm's historical value, since that is also a concern of the luckymojo archive. I'm thinking that if it was carried by luckymojo it would have a direct "add to cart" button through which you could purchase it.

Either way, for further reference, here's a complete catalogue of what LM has in store, divided into propper classifications: http://www.luckymojo.com/catalogue.html

This is a link to a specific catalogue of every amulet carried by LM, you might want to have a look into it:
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatamulets.html

Needless to say that this forum, being connected to the LM as it is, foccuses on discussing products that are carried by the shop. Telling you where you could find it elsewhere, commercially, would be a bit unfitting. But I suppose you could try antique shops and ebay. That was a cute choice, btw :)

Good luck!

Cordially,
Asturias.

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:08 am

Hello Asturias,

Thank you for providing that information!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi, CiCi --

I do not "make" jewelry, but i do prepare charms and lockets for clients. I do not do this for the public at learge, just for my personal rootwork and reading clients. The cost is relatively modest, and you may supply your own jewelry if you wish, which cuts down on the cost. SImply book a reading with me and we can discuss it.

If you want to attempt to bless and consecrate your own amulets or jewelry, one method, using Holy Trinity Vigil Candles was posted by Rev. Ernest, here. Check it out!

holy-trinity-novena-candle-questions-an ... ml#p389264

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Desert Lavender
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Desert Lavender » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:04 am

I read the "read me" file in this section, and the oils page, but could not find my specific question answered. It may have been generally answered but I want to be sure I understand.

I keep a crystal that a friend gave me as a ward or guardian at my place of work. I want to baptize it and anoint it. Which anointing oil should I use? A protection oil? Or is there something more all purpose. It's not that I want to keep troubled people away - I just don't want them to cause any harm.

Also, if I was making a doll for healing someone of past trauma, which anointing oil would be best for that?

And finally, is anointing a way of feeding, and how often should it be done?

So sorry if this is already written about somewhere and I just missed it. The site is so vast I tend to get lost. Thank you all for all you do. <3
HRCC Student #2178

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:12 am

Hello Desert Lavender,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum! We're happy to have you here.

I moved your post to this thread about anointing and dress amulets and other objects, since that seemed to be the closest to what you are asking. In the future, please don't start new topics; instead, find the thread that best addresses your question and post there.

You'll find lots of information here about what you're trying to do! Protection oil would be great for your crystal guardian. And you could dress your doll with Healing oil.

http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-protection.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/healing.html

To read more about the care of doll babies, please visit and ask questions under this thread:

general-doll-baby-voodoo-doll-poppet-qu ... t8946.html

Take care!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Desert Lavender
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Desert Lavender » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:25 am

Thanks for all the advice.

I had a hard time finding this. It didn't show up in my notifications. I decided to type "anointing doll" into the search box and it lead me right here. I really appreciate your answers.

I have another question about dolls, in the sense that a doll is used for a surrogate or effigy. I've read about people using all kinds of things for dolls - even playing cards, and I wondered -- and I hope this doesn't sound crazy -- but could a separate FaceBook page be used as a "doll," or healing surrogate? The worker would send positive posts, blessings, psalms, images, etc. to this other part of the self that needs healing?

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:35 pm

Desert Lavender,

I'd have to say no to the Facebook idea as a doll baby. I mean it's a great idea to move forward with healing work but a dolly is something physical that you can hold and work with your hands or body. I wish you the best with your work though. I would check out the doll pages of the forum for more ideas. general-doll-baby-voodoo-doll-poppet-qu ... t8946.html

Jackiie3xld
Newly Registered

Unread post by Jackiie3xld » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:25 am

Hi!

In my personal life I have always been big on wearing jewelry. I use it for a lot of things like grounding, protection, and even just sometimes to feel close or bonded to my boy friend or friends.

I already have a hamsa amulet from Israel from when my Aunt and Uncle went; besides that I have nothing that I can think of for this practice.

Now that I am looking into Hoodoo and hoping to start a correspondence I was wondering what types jewelry are actually important and what would be recommended to get first.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:47 pm

Jackiie3xld --

In discussing the use of jewelry in hoodoo, you would wish to look back to the origins of the practice among African American slaves. There would have been very limited opportunities for personal adornment, but it is clear when reviewing the anecdotes and comments by slave-owners and by escaped slaces that coins (pierced with a hole and worn at the neck or at the ankle) stand out as quite important.

After emancipation, all the forms of adornment available to free people were adopted by African Americans, both those who practiced hoodoo and those who did not. Symbolic jewelry -- such as pieces that depicts hearts, hoseshoes, four-leaf clovers, hands, eyes, and the like, could be seen as both ornamental or as amulets. Youching them with a spiritual oil and praying over them would keep them working.

Beginning around 1900, as African American people experinced more fluidity in social mingling, an interest arose among rootworkers in adopting Jewish (and Jewishinfluenced Christian) forms of occult and hermetic magic. At that time, emblems like the Seals of Mose, Seals of Solomon, and other sigils, signs, and seals, originally designed for writing on parchment, were crafted in metal, and these have been popular in hoodoo for more than 100 yars now.

I hope this helps.
catherine yronwode

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Amulets, Charms, Seals, Papers, and Jewelry in Hoodoo”