Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Skull Candle Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
thispurplegoddess
Re: Skull Candle Questions and Answers

Unread post by thispurplegoddess » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:29 pm

Oh thanks Jaydee💜

MrsSchaeffer2020

Unread post by MrsSchaeffer2020 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:04 pm

If you are doing the talking and piercing for 9 days, would you blow cigar smoke into the face of the skull candle too? Or only on the night that you burn the candle? And should the piercing only be in the frontal lobe for the best impact on the target?

Thank you for the suggestions!

Miss Athena, thank you so much for commenting on the petition and personal concerns burning. I just finished a skull candle where the petition and pictures burned and was concerned until I read your post.
"I'm not doing work for 'signs,' I'm doing work for success." ScorpioKate

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:25 pm

Hello MrsSchaeffer2020,

You can blow smoke into the candle face if you please, and do this whenever or however often you please. It is an individual choice, as not every rootworker enjoys working with tobacco products.

You can pierce the skull candle all over with pins, as more than the frontal lobe is responsible for judgement, reason, memory or any other area of impact you wish to affect. Look at a cognitive map of brain functions and you will find lots of opportunities to influence a person's mind.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

I hope this helps.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Lyonese

Unread post by Lyonese » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:52 pm

Good day, sisters!
I have a wee question here.
I didn't load the petition into my red skull (loaded beloved's pic, herbs, oil), but I placed it under the plate. What do I do with the petition after the skull burns completely? Do I burn it into the skull's flame? Do I bury it with the wax?
Thank you so much!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:29 pm

Hello Lyonese,

You can either save it for another spell on your target or else burn it to ash as part of your current spell and deploy the remains where you bury your wax (e.g., front yard to draw someone to you, back yard to keep them with you, crossroads to send that energy out to the universe, etc.).

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Lyonese

Unread post by Lyonese » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:41 am

Thank you for your help, Miss Athena!
Will be back with the updates!

sunchild

Unread post by sunchild » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:15 pm

i have a question. i have burned my skull candle all the way through and now it is time to deploy the candle remains. do i need to call the spirit out of the candle before doing so? and if so how? “in the name of the father son & holy spirit i unbaptize you, you are no longer do & so and now just candle wax” or something of that nature?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:23 pm

Hello sunchild,

No you don't call your target's spirit out of the spell. Deployment is the act of sending your spell out into the world, so you want it to continue working on your target.

Good luck.

sunchild

Unread post by sunchild » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:41 am

thank you for always being so helpful miss athena. okay just making sure, didn’t want to bury my candle and find out my actual target cannot breathe or something, Lol

Lyonese

Unread post by Lyonese » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:45 am

Good day, sisters!

I am back with an inquiry.
So, I now have his personal concerns and needing another skull candle spell... I will have a red one, now fully loaded with all the goods...
Thinking to start, along with the red skull, the hugging (not the love-making) lovers figure candle as well.
The purpose is to bring in a stronger love, his commitment to me alone and marriage proposal. (We know eachother for 6 years, together for 5 years, but rocky road)
I also have a honey jar started in August, that works (been in a vacation, haven't lit it for a week now).
For oils, Come to me, Love me, Marry me...??
What herbs are best for Skull and Lovers? I have Rosemary, Catnip, Coriander, Red Clover, Lovage and Calamus...
Should I use pink glitter on the Skull and Lovers too??
And lastly, today is Sunday, waxing moon... I lost Friday as I travelled back from vacation that night... should I start now or wait until... say Monday...??

Blessed be!!

Dr Darensbourg
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:42 am

Lyonese

There are more than just sisters here. The brothers are here in GREAT numbers as well. Don't count us out; you'll hurt our feelings.

As for your questions, I would work this in stages to be quite frank but it also depends on the current state of things.

If things have been rocky as you state you'll want to deal with this first and foremost. That can be done with working to attain stronger love as they both play a part towards the same goal. Once you've got his affections where they need to be, then work on getting the proposal.

This directly relates to your questions about the most appropriate oils to use, I would go with something like chuparosa and dixie love.

See the link below for ideas on the herbs to use.
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D
Correspondence Course Graduate #2132G

Lyonese

Unread post by Lyonese » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:45 pm

Ooops, sorry!! Please forgive my mishap, Dr. Darensbourg! *bows deeply in shame*

Well, I took the plunge at it tonight, Sunday - Venus and Mercury planetary hours. He is ruled by Mercury, so I hope it works.

The honey jar I have been working on since August worked quite well (even with no personal concerns, only our photos & herbs) as far as I noticed in him.

The first red skull worked well (without personal concerns) 1 month ago ~ it burned nicely, but slow = about 21 days!!!
I felt I had to do one more red skull as I got his concerns I needed without even much effort (hair & the intimate thing ~ was a big WoW & YaY for me!!!).

The hugging lovers has 2 wicks and loading it was a bit hard...
the Male's head was hanging by only the wick when I took it out of the parcel - I melted the wax a bit and glued it back on...
Nice burn for the 1st night... planning 7 nights, to finish around the Full Moon.

Blessed be!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:48 am

Good luck, Lyonese, and if you have any more questions about skull candles, just ask!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Lyonese

Unread post by Lyonese » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:28 pm

Good day, guys!

I am back after quite some days... Skull candle just keeps on burning after 7 days, even if I left it burning sometimes 4 hours... on the 12th day and ongoing 🤔 What magic number of days I can have it burning, since we are past 7 days?

And another thing... the Hugging Lovers candle had a delicate chain wrapped around it... not sure if silver or otherwise, but is magnetic, as it attracted itself to a scissors I used to trim the wick with. What can I do with this chain after the spell is done?

Thank you heaps!
Blessed be!

Dr Darensbourg
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:50 am

Hey There, Lyonese

In Miss Cat's last message she was subtly hinting at the need to keep your questions here solely about Skull Candles as this forum is its dedicated. There's forums on figural candles for your other question.

Regarding the number to let it burn, it is okay to just let it burn out when it feels ready but if you've got your mind made up to use a lucky number then I'd opt for 13 which I suspect is today since your message about it being 12 days was yesterday. 13 is a pretty lucky number.
Might I suggest purchasing this book?

BOO-DIV-SONR
The Secret of Numbers Revealed by Godfrey Spencer, ed. cat yronwode
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D
Correspondence Course Graduate #2132G

Lyonese

Unread post by Lyonese » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:35 am

Thank you so much for the information!
Skull candle will resist beyond today, as far as I can tell... Lovers candle, not quite, that's why I needed a fast answer about the magnetic chain that will be left... :?: and I still need that fast answer as I have a couple of hours until my spell...

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:31 pm

Hello Lyonese,

You could save the chain and add it to a mojo bag to keep the energy of your spell going.

Just a thought. Good luck.

Lyonese

Unread post by Lyonese » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:29 am

Miss Athena, thank you so much for your idea. I think is much better this way.
I was thinking of preserving it on my altar, tying together 2 wax hearts I molded from the remains of the previous love spell (think I can baptise each heart as being us).

Simcata

Unread post by Simcata » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:17 pm

Hi everyone, what has been your experience with the colors of skull candles?

If someone wanted to do some work with controlling a narcissist, I've heard white, black, even purple skull candles work for this purpose which would get the best results?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:48 pm

Simcata --

White is the "universal" colour and can be used for any sort of influence work, as it is close enough to the colour of bleached bone.

Black s generally used for harmful spells. Whether or not the person is a narcissist has nothing to do with the justification for undertaking a curse.

Purple is used for influence and power.

A list of the contemporary symbolism of candle colours can be found here:

Candle Colour Symbolism in "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" by cat yronwode
https://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#colour
catherine yronwode

Lyonese

Unread post by Lyonese » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:26 am

Hi everyone!
Finally finished burning the red skull the 21st day, on the New Moon day. No wax leftovers, only the petition and the loaded pack burned to a crisp (buried in a planted pot). Does that bode well? Sure thing, I caught all the waning moon with just 1 week of waxing prior. Is that good?
Thank you and blessed be!

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:39 pm

Lyonese,

Good work. All I think you have to do now is wait for signs. We can't give any divinations on the forum but you could always get a reading from a member of AIRR.

http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/A ... ootworkers
HRCC Graduate #2145

Scorpio Spirit

Unread post by Scorpio Spirit » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:23 pm

Question. I did not carve the name of the person I want to think of me on the candle. I placed a picture of him with his name and DOB, and my position written on the back. It was placed under the plate on which in burning it. Is this sufficient?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:57 pm

Scorpio Spirit,

African American hoodoo is a form of folk magic. This means that there are, within reason, many regional and personal variations in the way the work is done -- and that some people are more flexible and some people more rigid in their approach to the work.

I personally belive in doing a spell the way i was taught, both because my teacher has more experience than i do, and because doing so shows respect to the elders who passed this knowledge down through many generations to my teacher and then to me.

In magic, as in cookery or in music, there are basic concepts and there are embellishments. I would try to learn the best, most traditional recipe or melody until i understood it well, before asking questions like "how many ingredients can i leave out of this recipe or how many notes can i leave out of this melody and still have it be recognizable?"
catherine yronwode

Scorpio Spirit

Unread post by Scorpio Spirit » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:28 pm

Understood. Thank you.

LittleWitch2020
Newly Registered

Unread post by LittleWitch2020 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:31 am

Hey ALL!
I know, it's been a while
Does the target have to be sleep? I'm not sure when he's asleep. I believe he works at night, sleeps during the day. I work at day time hours.
One more thing... should it be my pic in the bottom of his skull or his.

Thanks

FiachnaCybele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by FiachnaCybele » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:16 pm

Hi LittleWitch2020,

When the target is sleeping is usually best because their resistance tends to be down and they are more receptive :). It's not absolutely necessary, but it can certainly make things easier!

As for the picture, you want to put personal concerns and pics with the skull that represent the target, as you're baptizing the skull in their name, if that makes sense. You don't want to connect the skull to yourself by putting your picture under it, but rather, want it to be your target's mind that you're speaking directly into.

I hope that helps, and good luck!
Fiachna Cybele
HRCC Graduate #2163G
Tarot Reader, Rootworker, and Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Sunflowergirl97

Unread post by Sunflowergirl97 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:20 am

Hi everyone! I’ve lurked on the forums before but never posted before but I had a quick question. I wanted to do a controlling love spell using a skull candle for my recent ex. However all I have is an orange skull that I never ended up using. I know red/pink are commonly used for love work but I don’t have time to wait to order. I’ve already done a honey jar and have seen some movement but I want to start this as well. I have a lot of love herbs as well as some controlling herbs and oils. Will this be enough to let the spell work as intended???

FiachnaCybele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by FiachnaCybele » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:39 pm

Hi Sunflowergirl97,

In Hoodoo, orange is the color of road opening as well as affecting changes, so you might approach your work from that angle: You're making a change to his state of mind by putting him under your control. It's also a color representing communication, which is great for this kind of work. You can read about orange candle correspondences here:

https://www.luckymojo.com/orangecolourcandle.html

I think with your intent clear in your mind, and the appropriate controlling herbs and oils, that will do quite nicely!

That's very encouraging that your honey jar has seen movement, as well. Keep up the good work, and good luck!
Fiachna Cybele
HRCC Graduate #2163G

Sunflowergirl97

Unread post by Sunflowergirl97 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:44 pm

Thanks so much for your response Flachna! If I’m going to go the route of road opening how would I write my petition?? I was originally going to write something like “Come back to me, stay with me” but would that not be applicable?? Also should I refrain from using a picture of him in this? Sorry I hope this makes sense haha

FiachnaCybele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by FiachnaCybele » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi Sunflowergirl97,

Sorry if I made it more confusing, but I think if you'd like to command him to "Come back to me, Stay with Me," you can use the orange skull from the head space of creating that change in his mind, since it's the color of creating change. Focus your will on changing his thoughts so he wants to come to you and stay with you, and that should work just fine.

If you're working for a reconciliation, you might also want to try actual Reconciliation Oil and Stay With Me Oil:

https://www.luckymojo.com/oil-reconciliation.html
https://www.luckymojo.com/oil-stay-with-me.html

Best of luck!
Fiachna Cybele
HRCC Graduate #2163G

Sunflowergirl97

Unread post by Sunflowergirl97 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:42 pm

Hi Fiachna,

Oh yeah I definitely misunderstood. Thank you so much for clearing that up! One more question: I’ve heard that it’s better to oil the candle and speak to it as if it were the intended a few days before actually performing the spell. Is that actually necessary? Or can I go ahead and do it all at once? Thanks so much and sorry for all the questions just don’t wanna mess anything up.

FiachnaCybele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by FiachnaCybele » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:49 pm

Hi Sunflowergirl97,

Hey, that's what we're here for!

I've never heard of talking to the Skull Candle before you actually get started on the spell. When I work with a Skull Candle, I baptise it in the name of my target, and begin the spell right away, now that the little piece of my target's spirit is in the candle. Then, I talk to it like I'm talking directly to my target.

You can also speak to the Skull Candle so that your words are the thoughts you'd like to put in their mind, i.e. "I love Sunflowergirl97 and feel compelled to call her." It's basically whatever feels "right" for you and helps you focus your intent.

I hope this helps! Best of luck to you!
Fiachna Cybele
HRCC Graduate #2163G

Sunflowergirl97

Unread post by Sunflowergirl97 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:01 pm

Thank you Fiachna! One last thing: to baptize it do I need to submerge it in something or is it just craving the persons name and filling it with their concerns?

FiachnaCybele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by FiachnaCybele » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:31 pm

Hi Sunflowergirl97,

There are various ways to baptize a Skull Candle that will differ based on how you view baptism in general. You can sprinkle the candle, you can blow spirit into it, you can dunk it, etc.

Here is a great post over in the General Doll-Baby, Voodoo Doll, Poppet Questions and Answers Thread that covers the same topic:

post394318.html?hilit=baptize%20a%20doll#p394318

Personally, I use my first and second fingers of my right hand in a "blessing" gesture and do a sign of the cross over the Skull Candle, then tell it that I name it Target's Name, and it's now Target. Then, I dress it with oils and blow the spirit into it. YMMV!

Carving the name on the candle and filling it with personal concerns is something you'll want to do to fix the Skull Candle before you baptize it, if that makes sense. Then, after that, you are ready to rock!
Fiachna Cybele
HRCC Graduate #2163G

Sunflowergirl97

Unread post by Sunflowergirl97 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:19 am

Hi Fiachna,

That made perfect sense. Thank so much for all your help and patience!

virgo_girl

Unread post by virgo_girl » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:15 pm

Hi, I'm preparing a skull spell to influence a past lover and I want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly before I light the candle.

I have filled the bottom of the candle with my petition as well as the proper herbs and resealed it. I have baptized the skull with my person of intent, carved their name into the candle, and I also carved the thoughts I want this person to think on top of the candle. I have also put the proper oils on the candle.

My biggest worry is that I wrote my petition wrong. For the one inside the candle, I simply wrote my intentions and then prepared another paper with the common my name on top of their name style petition to place underneath the plate I'll have the candle on. Is this incorrect? And if so do I need to redo it? Also, is it okay to place a picture of the intended person underneath the plate rather than inside the candle?? I only have a polaroid phot and I'm afraid of causing a fire if I put it inside the candle.

Finally for lighting the candle I know it's better to do it while the person is asleep. Can I burn it all in one time overnight or should I stick to burning it across 7 days? Also, is it okay to simply burn it at night even if I don't know for certain if the person is asleep??

Sorry for the crazy amount of questions haha any help and guidance is appreciated!

FiachnaCybele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by FiachnaCybele » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi virgo_girl,

I think your Skull Candle preparations sound great! I wouldn't stress out too much about a second petition. There are all kinds of various ways to write a petition, and one traditional method is to just write out your prayer/intention, which you've done. You can absolutely put the picture of your target beneath the plate to keep it safe from being burned.

As for when and how to burn the candle, the reason people repeat spells like this for 3, 7 , 9 nights is to really drive home your intentions to your target through repetition. You *can* do the spell all in one night and have great results, but if you like the idea of whispering your will to the target night after night for a little bit at a time, that can also be very effective. It's like having the same dream over and over--it might drive your point home a little bit more if it's repeated in the target's mind.

The idea of burning it at night while you guess your target is sleeping is that people are more vulnerable and susceptible to being influenced while they're asleep. You can burn your candle during the day if you need to, etc, but you just might have more luck if you can try to guess when they are sleeping, and burn it then.

I hope that helps! Keep it simple--it sounds like you're off to a great start!
Fiachna Cybele
HRCC Graduate #2163G

virgo_girl

Unread post by virgo_girl » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:47 pm

Hi Fiachna,

Thank you that clears a lot up for me. I think I'm gonna go for a 3-7 night burn. How long would you suggest burning it each time and is it okay to use a candle snuffer to put it out or should I just blow it out? And just to make sure I've got this right: its best to do it at night but it won't negatively impact the work if my target isn't asleep yet??

FiachnaCybele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by FiachnaCybele » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:55 pm

Hi virgo_girl,

I'm so glad! A lot of people burn their candles for 15 minutes at a time, or mark the candle off into however many sections (3 or 7), then burn it until that section is melted, if that makes sense. You can put little pins in the candle to create these sections, and then when the pin falls, you're done for the night.

It's always recommended to snuff a candle versus blowing it out, as it's seen as more respectful to the spirit of the candle.

It's easier to influence your target when they're asleep, so you might have better results, but it's not going to be bad or anything like that if you burn it while they're still awake. They might just be a little more stubborn and less receptive while their mind is more active.

Go for it, and best of luck!
Fiachna Cybele
HRCC Graduate #2163G

virgo_girl

Unread post by virgo_girl » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:12 am

Hi, I'm back with another question. I lit my candle for the skull yesterday and spoke to as it was lit for about 15 minutes. I also lit a honey jar I had made as well. I relit it this morning for longer when I was certain my intended was sleeping and I kept it lit until they woke up. Today my intended we spoke and while the conversation went well and was rather loving (they told me they missed me, loved me, and were excited to see me) we eventually slipped into a mild disagreement due to some residual anger on their end. Will this prevent my spell from working?? If this is the case should I not speak to them until the candle is finished or should I just avoid topics that will cause this reaction?? How can I strengthen the candle to make up for any damage this may have caused?

Thanks! And sorry if its a little all over the place

FiachnaCybele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by FiachnaCybele » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi virgo_girl,

Since your intention seems to be to reconcile (?) or have this target be loving toward you, I'd say this is very positive movement, but also shows you the obstacle that is still there (the residual anger). Instead of stressing, realize that you've just been shown that just one night and one day, and you're already having the effect you want. That's fantastic!

Now that you know there's anger, keep working that skull candle and speaking sweetly to it each night. Talk through that anger with the skull if you'd like--your target's mind will be open and pliable, ready to take in whatever influence you want to pour into it.

Most importantly, chill and keep working that magic! Feel free to speak to them if you'd like, but just remember to work in the mundane world to further your goals, too. If you talk to them, be sweet and maybe avoid sore spots you know they still have. Your magic and your normal actions should both work toward your goal.

I hope this helps! Stay calm, and carry on.
Fiachna Cybele
HRCC Graduate #2163G

virgo_girl

Unread post by virgo_girl » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi Fiachna,

Thank you so much for that reassurance, that's actually a really good way of looking at it. And yes I'm looking to reconcile and have this person be more loving/get back together with me. When I talked to the skull last night and throughout today while my person was sleeping I said things like "You love me, you want to be with me, you're thinking of no one but me" if I'm wanting to work through the anger would I say things like "You're becoming less angry, more willing to talk calmy, you want to work through this" or should I directly address the situation?

Thank you so much again for all of your thoughts and advice :)

FiachnaCybele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by FiachnaCybele » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:00 pm

Hi virgo_girl,

Why not try both? Do what feels right and focus your intention on what you want him to think, and you'll be a-okay.

And remember, learning to do spells like this like learning to cook. If the first lasagna turns out a little wonky, next time you'll make an even better one, having learned from the first attempt. Also keep in mind that reconciliation spells are often challenging *because* there is that residual anger, so don't be discouraged that you're up against that. It's perfectly normal when you're attempting this kind of work.

Stay calm, focused, and keep going! Best of luck!
Fiachna Cybele
HRCC Graduate #2163G

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”