Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Lodestone and Magnetic Sand Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
loststar67

Re: Lodestone and Magnetic Sand Questions and Answers

Unread post by loststar67 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:15 pm

Good evening all!
I know that you can used whiskey & Hoyt's Cologne to clean lodestone. But what about Florida Water, is this ok to use to clean lodestone?
Also do you have to anoint the lodestone with oil or not ?
:)

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat May 11, 2019 5:26 am

loststar67,

You can use florida water but its not as common. You do dress the stone with a condition oil related to the work, or use lodestone oil.
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

loststar67

Unread post by loststar67 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:46 pm

Thanks for the information. :D

CrystalAlchemist

Unread post by CrystalAlchemist » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:33 pm

Hi, all!
I have a pair of lodestones that I purchased from a local gal, I am ordering some LM magnetic sand tomorrow, so I can feed them. My question is, until then, should I hold off on naming, washing & dressing them until I am prepared to feed them? Or can I begin to work with them & just feed them as soon as my sand arrives? Which would be best for the lodestones?
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:22 pm

Hello CrystalAlchemist,

I would wait until you can do it all at the same time.

Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

CrystalAlchemist

Unread post by CrystalAlchemist » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:22 am

Can you feed a lodestone metal shavings or does it have to be magnetic sand? My life partner does metal work and we have a bunch of metal shavings. I assume (I know, never assume) that since the shavings are the result of a work of passion that there would be more significance in it than just magnetic sand. Or am I way off target here? I'm trying to make sure that my little stones are happy & healthy.
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:23 am

CrystalAlchemist,

I wouldn't use metal shavings to feed a lodestone. If you are talking about the shavings I'm thinking of, they are sharp curly little things. Magnetic sand looks just like black sand. Also, shavings are usually steel or some blend of metals. Magnetic sand is straight up iron. The differences are pretty big and the sand is cheap.

When working, I always start off using the most traditional methods. If I'm in a pinch, I sometimes improvise but I do not expect the same results.

I hope this helps.
HRCC Graduate #2145

CrystalAlchemist

Unread post by CrystalAlchemist » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:48 pm

Terra Rising,
Thank you for your response! It helps SO MUCH! I ordered the magnetic sand this morning, before you even responded to my question. I figured better safe than sorry. I'd hate for my little ones to get upset. Thanks again for sharing your wisdom!
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Shutter
HRCC Student

Unread post by Shutter » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:54 pm

A couple questions.

I have a drawer with 2 lodestones in it. One for money one for luck. I recently started a pair of 2 matched lodestones to attract my intended lover, can I keep all these lodestones in the same drawer?

Also -- are there any particular prayers I can say over my lodestones for attracting that other person to me when I feed it?
To all the saints and angels thanks for intercession
To all else listen to the mods!
Student #2164

joe szeliga

Unread post by joe szeliga » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Hello out there again.

I'm reading this book about hoodoo. I'm making mojo bags, well not yet waiting on mats to be made. Now I was wondering whats up with steel dust? Is it still made or under a different name? I've been all over the place looking for it and can't find it. Unless it is something I have to go to a machine shop. Or just forget it.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:31 am

Hello, joe szeliga --

Steel Dust is another name for Magnetic Sand.

Magnetic Sand

Use in Magic:
Magnetic Sand, also called Steel Dust and Make-A-Wish Sand, is used for good luck, and for drawing love and money.; its most common use s for feeding Lodestones.

Spell Methods:
Mineral dusts and powders are sprinkling onto objects, used in dressing oiled candles, or may be carried as a curio in a mojo bag.

Product Details:
1 oz. of Magnetic Sand in a foil pack with a colourful label.

MIN-MAG-SAND
Magnetic Sand
$4.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
http://www.luckymojo.com/magneticsand.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Milagro

Unread post by Milagro » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:50 pm

Can paired lodestones be worked with to bring in different spirits like compelling and prosperity to someone if they carry them in a conjure hand?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:03 pm

Milagro --

Lodestones are used in hoodoo to draw things, like the natural magnets that they are. They can draw money, love, a new home, friendship, and the like, but they cannot draw "compelling" or "the spirit of compelling," first, because there is no "spirit of compelling" in conjure folklore, and second because compelling is an action, not an object or person that can be attracted.

Culture-specific forms of folk magic contain their own cultural norms, and these do not generally accommodate the beliefs of other cultures, nor are they applicable to personal gnosis.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Milagro

Unread post by Milagro » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:18 pm

So lodestones then are meant to attract physical things as opposed to characteristics or non physical abilities?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:14 am

Hello Milagro,

That's right. As Miss cat stated in the post above yours, Lodestones are used to draw people and things to you (money, love, luck, etc) but not to draw actions or behaviors as in your original query.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Milagro

Unread post by Milagro » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:41 pm

Got it, I understand now thanks yall.

GoddessCherish

Unread post by GoddessCherish » Sat May 09, 2020 6:37 am

Hey .. I had my lodestone and I put it in a box lines with money sign .. I printed out fake money and put my petition in the box also I five spotted all the papers I put in the box .. I’ve been feeding it a pinch everyday .. one day I forgot and apologize and continued to feed it .. but these past few days I haven’t.. it’s been 3 days now ..also reading through the post .. I never did soak it in whiskey before using it .. I looked at it .. it still has magnetic sand on it .. so she still alive ..I apologize to her but I didn’t feed her .. I just said I’m going to make it right .. so I’m asking do I take her and soak her with whiskey or Hoyt cologne and just do a complete do over .. I apologize for my ignorance on caring for a lodestone.. I just did a spell out of Ms. Cats book ..hoodoo herb and root magic .. to get what you desire .. to feed everyday and when you get what you asked .. thank the lodestone and bury it .. I never soaked it .. and I haven’t feed in 2 days .. today the 3rd .. what do I do .. any advance thank you

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Mon May 11, 2020 5:23 pm

GoddessCherish,

I have a large lodestone for attracting money. I feed it every Sunday and place money under it to train. I have missed some days and sometimes money slows down but you know what? It has never completely failed me. I have moved across country with it and even taken it on a deployment. It's hungry but it also understands. If you make promises, make sure you follow through. It make take longer if you keep missing days but I believe it will still come as long as you are working with it.

Don't soak the stone for too long. Just a quick bath in some whiskey and let it dry. Feed it and make that a part of your routine. If you make coffee in the morning/feed lodestone. Or, brush teeth at night/feed lodestone. However you want to do it. Name it and talk to it like a friend.

I hope this helps.
HRCC Graduate #2145

GoddessCherish

Unread post by GoddessCherish » Tue May 12, 2020 6:49 pm

Thank you so much Terra Rising .. I will soak lightly and let her dry then name her ..and continue to routinely feed and talk to her ...😊

Magister9

Unread post by Magister9 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:25 pm

Hey,
If I want to use two lodestone for sex attraction, what it is the correct symbol? I am using cowrie shell but I don't see good results..
thank you.
Magister9
Blessing and luck

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:39 am

Hello Magistrar9,

I am not sure I understand your question. What do you mean by "the correct symbol"?

Lodestones come in singles or in matched pairs. They are known to be either masculine (with a more pointy end) and feminine (with a more rounded end). You can choose according to the genders of the people involved in your spell.

But I still am unsure about your original question so could you clarify that for me? Thank you.

Magister9

Unread post by Magister9 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:20 pm

Sorry for my english ...It is not my mother language :D

What I want to say is..if I use the money under the lodestone for attract the money what I have to put under the two lodestone for attract sex and love?

I wrote a petition with my love wishes and I put it under the two lodestones female and male and I put around them some cowrie shell to represent the vulva (vaginas)...

My question was... what I can put around the two lodestones for attract sex and love? :?:

thank you
bye Magister9
Blessing and luck

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:45 pm

Magister9,

When lodestones are used for love, you name the stones. One will represent you and the other will be the one you love. If you have personal concerns from the target you can place them under their lodestone. If not, you can use a name paper instead.

Please take a look at this page for a lodestone love spell: https://www.luckymojo.com/lovespells.ht ... oneattract

Good luck!
HRCC Graduate #2145

Magister9

Unread post by Magister9 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:13 pm

Ok thank you Terra Rising
Blessing and luck

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:16 am

Hi,

I just wanted to leave a testimonial.

This is the first time I ever used a lodestone to draw a material object. I've used them several times for love work with little to no success but this time it actually WORKED!

Ok, I bought a large lodestone a month or so ago but I was reserving it aside for a specific use. I have been saving up for a car for several months and I wanted to use the lodestone once I had enough money saved up so that it will help me attract the car I want. So here is how it worked out.....

Last Friday I opened the packet and prepped the lodestone for what I wanted it to do - fed it whiskey, dressed it with lodestone, attraction, good luck and fast luck oils. I told the lodestone the specific car I wanted and all the details. Then I fed it a pinch of magnetic sand each day while repeating the petition.

Cut to this week.....Monday or Tuesday I receive an email from CarGurus, which I signed up to receive search results for the particular car of interest. I went through the list of results and sure enough I saw the exact car I wanted, right down to the finest detail!!!

THE ONLY THING is that the car was out of my price range!!!

I said "Holy $hit the lodestone worked, but I should've told it the specific price range I wanted!!!" But the story doesn't end there.....

The next day some further searching revealed the same car available that were more within my price range, but they didn't have the specific details I wanted. There is even one listed that was EXACTLY within my price range and the person even offered to lower it some more! BUT, this particular car didn't fit my criteria (Wrong color, slightly older model with less features, etc.).

So anyway, THE NEXT DAY after I was about to go through with one of the prospects that I really didn't want, I came across the very first one I saw a few days before with the price slightly lowered but it was still out of my price range!

I said, "D@mn! How am I gonna be able to get it? I just don't have all of the money now"

I told my father about it and lo and behold he offered to put down some money to help get the car and pay on it until I can get more money saved up and either pay him back or pick up on the rest of the payments. Isn't that something??!!

So the lodestone WORKED! I'm gonna pick up the car today!

This morning I fed it one last time and thanked it for drawing the exact car I wanted to me and fast!

I just had to leave this testimonial!!

All smiles :-)

ilonawalnut
Newly Registered

Unread post by ilonawalnut » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:30 pm

Hi all,

I am so sorry if this has already been posted. I did the "Lodestone and Red Candle Spell to Attract New Love" last autumn and have kept the stones secure in my home ever since. I am now unfortunately facing a situation where I have to move house very soon, and likely won't be in a permanent dwelling place for at least 1-2 months. But I am worried about moving the lodestones as this will of course mean taking them apart. What would be your advice for moving the stones if I want to keep them working for me? Can I even move them? Or is it better to bury them somewhere near where I'm living now and start fresh?

Best wishes,

IW

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:11 am

ilonawalnut,

You can certainly move them and I don't understand why you would have to separate them to do so. I'd just place them in a nice trinket box and take them with you.

Good Luck!
HRCC Graduate #2145

Kyoti13
Newly Registered

Unread post by Kyoti13 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:05 am

HI
I want to prepare a lodestone for Money Hunting and the spell says to soak it in whiskey. I'm a recovering alcoholic and my family would have a fit if I had even a tiny bottle of whiskey in the house. Can I use rubbing alcohol? Or Red Wine Vinegar? Or what would be a good substitute? Thanks

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:45 pm

Hello Kyoti13,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum.

I have moved your post to the correct topic on using lodestones. Please do not start entirely new topics as you did, as this is against forum rules. You will find that if you do a search of the forum using the little search bar in the upper right corner of the page, you will see that we have nearly every subject already covered.

If you cannot use whiskey to cleanse your lodestones, you can use Florida Water, Kananga Water or Hoyt's Cologne. These are traditional formulas and you can find them here:
https://www.luckymojo.com/floridakanangawater.html
https://www.luckymojo.com/hoyts.html

Congratulations on your sobriety, and I wish you very good luck with your spells!

Ochun_Sweetness

Unread post by Ochun_Sweetness » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:05 pm

Hello all!
I was wondering what is the difference between silver magnetic sand and I guess natural magnetic sand? Thank you for your time and patience!
Best

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:03 pm

Ochun_Sweetness --

Spray Paint.
catherine yronwode

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:26 am

One might correlate silver Magnetic Sand with the the silver metallic-coloured candles, which separates silver into Lunar workings as well as the commonality (for both gold and silver) "for money and job-getting spells."

-- https://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html#taper

"...so does metallic SILVER represent the feminine Moon, the waxing and the waning of which marks the cycles of water in the tides, and the rising and falling of our own deepest emotions."

-- https://www.luckymojo.com/metalliccolourcandle.html

I'm aware that silver has other aspects, folklorically, which make it a protective colour/substance as well, as provided by the hoodoo silver dime around the ankle for protection against being magically poisoned (tarnishing to indicate its having been spent), a silver cross worn for protection against evils, or the fabled silver bullet used to slay superordinary beings.

Colours in lodestones and Magnetic Sand are more than likely keyed to the colours found elsewhere in hoodoo for candles and oils, therefore, in a general sense (people paint lodestones too).
nagasiva yronwode
https://www.facebook.com/nagasiva.yronwode
forum@luckymojo.com (Forum Tech Help)

Ochun_Sweetness

Unread post by Ochun_Sweetness » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:18 pm

Hello Nagasiva,
Thank you so much for your more in-depth response! It was very helpful and appreciated. I wondered what other differences than color did these magnetic sand have. Until recently, I only know about the natural magnetic sand and its usage. Also, thank you for the links!

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”