Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Petition Papers and Name Papers Questions and Answers

How to select, dress, fix, empower, and employ Lucky Mojo magical amulets, charms, seals, papers, talismans, and jewelry.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Petition Papers and Name Papers Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:19 pm

Poppy --

1) Yes, this an old spell. As described, it is authentic, but there are many variations. See (3) below.

2) Digital prints are fine; in the real old days, they used metal tintypes!

3) Adding a petition is a different way to work a spell. The spell you mentioned is complete. It is old and authentic, as told., without a petition. When t comes to adding a petition, or any words, there are variations.

* You can write the names and birth dates on the centers of the backs of the photos if you wish. (This is what i do.)
* You can wrap a petition paper around the photos.
* You can write petitions around the edges of the fronts of photos, and not use a third piece of paper. (This is what i do.)
* You can wrap the photos in a flat sheet of aluminum foil with the petition written into the foil with a dull pencil.

All of these ways are authentic, but some are more artistic and focussed than others. I, for one, do not add a third paper or a wrapper of aluminum foil to this spell. But i know those who do.

Also, you did not mention a couple of other well-known variations of the spell.

* Some will not put the pictures "in the bottom of the underwear drawer," as you described, but instead will carefully place them inside a pair of underpants in the drawer. This is my way, if i do not have the time to do the next way, which is my actual favourite method.
* Some folks, myself included, will use very small pictures and carefully cut into the double thickness of cloth in the crotch of their underpants, insert the photos there, sew the slit up, and wear the photos in their pants. The pants can be laundered and the photos will "wash into" them.

Please do not ask which of these variations is "better" or "stronger" or "more correct," because folk magic is an art, not a science.

4) You could add herbs, but this is not generally done unless the photos will be wrapped, as described in some of the variations at (3) above. Loose herbs are a mess.

5) See (3) and (4) above.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Poppy

Unread post by Poppy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Thank you for such a comprehensive reply! I don't want the mess of herbs so I won't add those, but should I use any oils? Thank you so much :-)

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:45 pm

Poppy,

You could dab oils on a picture depending on the purpose or you could leave the oils out. I believe it is a matter of preference and how you want to work. If it is a printed picture on regular paper, I tend to leave the oils out to keep from messing the photo. If it is on photo paper, I use a small amount of oil.
HRCC Graduate #2145

zuzu

Petition paper question for court case Honey jar

Unread post by zuzu » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:15 am

ed.

I am doing a Honey jar to sway the judge in a court case in my favor, however I only have this person's middle initial. When writing a petition paper I have read that the middle name should be includ

1) How do I proceed? is there a general rule for petition papers and if so what is it?

2) Do I only do the first and last names of both of us?

3) Or do I use the first and last names + middle initials of both of us?

4) Or do I put down the information I know which in this case would be the first and last name plus middle initial for the judge, and my first, middle, and last name?

Thank you for any clarification that can be offered.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:33 am

Dear zuzu -- welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forum!

1) There are a number of traditional ways to write out name papers and petition papers, however, since hodoo is a form of community-based folk-magic, there is no hierarchy to administer "rules and regulations. This does not mean that "anything goes" -- it just means that as in any folkloric practice, from cookery to song, there is more than one way to work -- more than one way to make chocolate chip cookies, more than one way to sing "Nearer My God To Thee." S

2) I think you are asking if symmetry of identification is essential -- and the answer is no, it is not.

3) You may, if that is all you have -- but it is not, because you know your own middle name.

4) This is the best way, in my opinion, write dwn whatever you DO know. For instance, when dealing with a judge, i will always add the name of the court (e.g. Ten Mile District Municipal Court, United States Supreme Court, or whatever it is).

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

sashank16

Unread post by sashank16 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:14 pm

Hello,

I've read so many pages from here and feel a little bit more confused than when I started reading and would love some clarification!

Im working on a vinegar jar and am so confused about the petition paper. I have read things about simply writing the individuals name rotating the paper and stating what you want by crossing the name...however my petition is quite long.

1) Can i make a separate petition paper with my longer petition, and on the back of his photo right his name/dob then cross it with the smaller intent?

2) Could i write on the back of his photo his name crossed by the intent and on the front of the photo write my bigger petition?

I am confused whether or not I need a separate piece of paper for everything (1 photo, 1 name paper, 1 petition) or if i can incorporate some of them together?

Thank you and apologies if this should be in the vinegar jar post!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:39 pm

sashank16 -- welcome to the Forum; i hope you are finding the help you request here.

In looking over your post, i think you may be making a combination of a name paper and a petition paper and a spoken petition. Generally speaking, the petition in a small jar will be written in concise form, not as a long letter or diary. That part would be spoken. Only in instances where the form of the spell allows for a lengthy written petition would you create one. A fine example of the long-form petition-paper is found in the ppers that are slipped behind photos and placed (hidden) in a picture frame. So ...

1) Not useful; creating two items -- a marked photo plus a written petition paper -- when one would do is splitting your focus.

2) Not necessary, but you can do it this way, if your long petition fits.

Good Luck.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:51 pm

zuzu and v --

This book will probably help you a lot. It does much more than answer today's questions; it gives you a firm foundation for writing petitions for every occasion, now and in the future.

Paper In My Shoe by catherine yronwode

Use in Magic:
Learn how to craft spiritual name-paper links to distant people, employ written commands to get your way in life, use printed prayers and paper currency in candle spells, and carry prepared papers on your person for mastery and control. Paper in My Shoe is a practical manual that will teach you the art of written magic in the African American traditions of Hoodoo and Rootwork.

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo Books are filled with authentic and easy to follow instructions for practical spells of magic and fortune-telling. Enhance your success in love, luck, happiness, and wealth by learning time-tested folkloric traditions of hoodoo, rootwork, psychic reading, spiritual sorcery, and herbalism.

Product Details:
96-page paperback, illustrated

BOO-GRI-PIMS
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
http://luckymojo.com/paperinmyshoe.html
catherine yronwode

landsgenesis2

Unread post by landsgenesis2 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:28 am

I purchased "Paper In My Shoe" a couple of years ago, and absolutely loved it -- the information was presented well: typeset, laconic when it sufficed, and expounding when clarification was needed; to such a degree that I remember a good deal of this art form. However, the book was discovered, thrown out, and I was almost thrown out with it (strictly Christian-with-nothing-else-outside-the-Bible-added branch of a home).

My plan was to keep all books as reference material to consult when needed, what have you... and I find myself in a moment of need (by the way, I WILL again purchase that book, as well as the many which were also thrown out from Lucky Mojo).

Very quickly -- and this is something I believe I can do openly because it's scriptural and can be found in Ezekiel 3:1-3 --

1 Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel.
2 So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll.
3 And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness.

So with the above as inspiration, my plan is to either eat or dissolve my petition-prayer in water to drink (I know I can bathe as well). What I'm not quite recalling:

1) Is it recommended that my petition-prayer be on a square page

2) I remember the use of brown or parchment paper with a centered name and words in a circular [broken or unbroken?] formation (among myriad formats) - but can I use [notebook or printer paper (preferably)?] and a sharpie/pen/ink/pencil, and stop and eat it, or so on, so that my name is centered, and my affirmative-petition-prayer is written circularly around it, set it in water, and dissolve it to drink?

3) I know it's not a requirement, but this is something that will make me feel better about the work -- to help it dissolve, stir the petition-prayer in a clockwise motion until it dissolves enough for me to drink and maybe read the above scriptures aloud or in my heart either before or after the work?

Thanks to all who may answer :) And to all of you: May You Always Have Enough :)

FiachnaCybele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by FiachnaCybele » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:04 pm

Hi landsgenesis2,

There are several different ways to create a petition, and much of it boils down to personal preference, and what kind of shape or style matches the spell you are doing. For instance, I often use a square petition paper, but if I wanted to do a spell to harm a target, I'd consider using a triangle with "sharp" edges.

The book mentioned above, "Paper in My Shoe" goes over all the different ways of writing your command or prayer, and again, the style is based on the type of spell you're trying to do, so I really recommend giving it a read.

As for #3, again it's up to you. You can do a dip, or you can stir. I like to do things in a clockwise motion for drawing things in, and a counterclockwise motion for sending things away.

Please remember that folk magic is an art, not a science, and good luck!
Fiachna Cybele
HRCC #2163G
Tarot Reader & Conjure

Thank you St. Joseph, Michael, & Raphael!

deep_waters79
HRCC Student

Unread post by deep_waters79 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:38 pm

My question concerns using a handwriting sample as a link to the target. If the sample is a photocopy of the original, does that diminish the link or lessen it in any way?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:48 am

Hello thewarning,

It would be a weaker link vs. having your target's original handwriting sample. You can always give it a try, but do try and get a more direct personal concern if you can.

Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Veve

Unread post by Veve » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:34 am

When I’m making a name paper for love and it involves crossing the other person’s with my own, I like to imagine a time they’ve said my name (either cried out in passion or whispered tenderly) as I’m writing. If I’m doing a spell for domination I’ll find myself subconsciously gritting my teeth and my inner voice takes on the tone I would use if I scolding a poorly behaved dog. I’ve had great success with this method, and last night was listening to an old episode of LM radio discussing emotions and magic, in which it’s discussed how pouting your feelings into the work can be quite powerful. Unsurprising, but cool to have that intuition validated :)

Ivylop97
Newly Registered

Unread post by Ivylop97 » Thu May 28, 2020 6:11 pm

I’m writing a petition paper for someone else. what do I do after, since it’s not for me?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu May 28, 2020 6:28 pm

Ivylop97 --

I am not sure i understand your question.

Are you doing work (for instance a candle spell or making a mojo) on behalf of someone, such as a friend, to help them?

Or are you writing a petition paper for someone because the person doesn't know how to write a petition paper?

(I have done both, and what i would do afterwards is different, is why i ask.)
catherine yronwode

Moonlightdream

Unread post by Moonlightdream » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:26 am

This is maybe a weird question but I need to ask just to be sure.

1) Regarding writing the petition for a paper in the left shoe trick, is it ok to write a heartfelt petition and include "In the name of the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit" or "In the name of Jesus"?

2) Since you're practically walking on the paper with your foot and you don't want to disrespect the higher powers... Is it ok or should it be excluded and signed with only Amen instead?

3) Would it still have the same effect?

4) Or if it's a meeting, it's better to write the participants names or titles then crossed over with your name (even if you're going to the meeting for your daughter's benefit) ?

Thank you for clarifying!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:26 pm

Moonlightdream,

1) It is quite common to write the names of the 12 Apostles in the shoes, so although i was never taught the way your propose, the use of the Three Highest Names does not seem a far stretch.

2) I would not give some reason NOT to, based on some kind of rule-making concept like "disrespect. I would only say it is not traditional. I do my work as i was taught, and i try not to go off on my own ideas too much.

3) I have no idea. There is no clinical study or social survey that covers this question. It's not what i would do, so i have never even tried to test it.

4) Again, this is not a common question, and thus it is one for which there is no traditional reply -- but if the meeting is for your daughter's benefit, you might wish to use both her name and yours, such as "Amanda Lutin for Annie Lutin."
catherine yronwode

Moonlightdream

Unread post by Moonlightdream » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:42 am

Thank you for replying Cat. I've been trying to look up on how to write a petition if it's for someone else, especially when there's many people involved but couldn't find much details about it. I will do as you say to include "my name for daugther's name" like you mentioned. I will write the wish included with the names I have and the just the job titles of those I don't have the names of, signed with In The Jesus Name, Amen. Then I will turn it 90 degrees crossed over with "my name for daughter's name". It might not be traditional but my good intentions are there, so hopefully it'll turn out good on the meeting.

I just read your "Paper in my shoe" book again. I don't know where I got the idea that the shoe trick should be in the left shoe, thankfully I read your book again. It has to be under the dominant foot =) Thanks a lot. Have a great day!

nino_x3

Unread post by nino_x3 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:36 pm

is this

1------------------2

---------3---------

4------------------5

the correct way to anoint a petition paper to attract something or no.

I saw a post that had this and it made me confused.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:51 pm

nino_x3 --

Your idea that there is a "correct way" and, by implication, an "incorrect way" is false.

Hoodoo is the art of Black American folk magic. Like cooking, singing, dance, and other arts, great emphasis is placed on TRADITION and emphasis is also placed on INNOVATION. Due to innovation within the boundaries f tradition, not every recipe for Tamale Pie is the same, not every version of The Midnight Special sounds the same, not every version of the Moonwalk is identical, and not every way to write a petition paper to attract something will look the same.

There are some definite boundaries that are so traditional that they form the walls within hoodoo is practiced. Examples of these include: walk backward while sprinkling, don't show your mojo, snuff a candle in progress and don't blow it out, and remember to feed your lodestones. Pretty much everyone with a good grounding will agree on these basics.

But most operations or actions in the performance of a spell are not fixed like that. Examples of variable ways of working include: how to dress a candle, how to write a petition paper, how to tie or sew a mojo, how to work by the moon, and how to dispose of spell remnants. There is a lot of regional variation in these activities and room for innovation as well, as new forms of spiritual supplies are invented (photos versus tintypes, candles versus oil lamps, and so forth).

I dress my papers like this:

1------------------2

---------5---------

3------------------4

Why? Because that's how i was taught to make a 5-spot in Oakland, California in 1961. For me, the dot in the center always comes last.

The way you laid it out was not "incorrect," by the way. It's just something someone else learned somewhere or devised for themselves. But it has no exclusive lock on being the "correct" way to make a 5-spot for attracting.

People on the internet all have opinions, and i caution you to beware of those who want to shovel this beautiful art into the coffin of rule-sets and then sit on the coffin and say, "You see, that's how it's done."

Instead, my advice is to get comfortable with the tradition by asking older practitioners what they do. They may not all agree. And that is okay, because this is folk magic. And for THAT, you have come to the right place.

This book will probably help you a lot. It does much more than answer today's questions; it gives you a firm foundation for writing petitions for every occasion, now and in the future.

Use in Magic:
Learn how to craft spiritual name-paper links to distant people, employ written commands to get your way in life, use printed prayers and paper currency in candle spells, and carry prepared papers on your person for mastery and control. Paper in My Shoe is a practical manual that will teach you the art of written magic in the African American traditions of Hoodoo and Rootwork.

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo Books are filled with authentic and easy to follow instructions for practical spells of magic and fortune-telling. Enhance your success in love, luck, happiness, and wealth by learning time-tested folkloric traditions of hoodoo, rootwork, psychic reading, spiritual sorcery, and herbalism.

Product Details:
96-page paperback, illustrated

BOO-GRI-PIMS
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
http://luckymojo.com/paperinmyshoe.html
catherine yronwode

nino_x3

Unread post by nino_x3 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:04 am

Ok thanks for everything

nino_x3

Unread post by nino_x3 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:10 pm

I saw a post miss cat made about wanting to dominate someone and she said to write the name/person name 9 times in black ink and yours or the person who wants to dominate 9 times in red ink and write in a circle the command in red ink
(I couldn’t find her post to quote her)

My question is do I have to turn the paper to the right For example the way this (L) Is facing or do I just right my name going on top and down his??

How can I write a petition for healing?? How many times do I write my name and what color ink do I use or I just use a pencil it’s for my right eye

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:29 pm

Hello nino_x3,

You would turn the paper to the right to continue writing your command in an unbroken circle.

For healing, petition what you want for your final outcome, such as "my right eye is fully recovered from infection (or whatever malady) and restored to perfect health". Use black ink or your pencil, either would be fine.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Sukaretto
Newly Registered

Unread post by Sukaretto » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:51 am

Hi, I'm new to the forum but I've been reading around for some time now.
I have a question, I ve been workin on a break up and I was told to write in my petition the names of the people to break up crossed out. Now I read that when you cross out names it means the one on top dominatea the other.
Am I doing it wrong? What would be the right way to write names in a break up petition?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:26 pm

Sukaretto --

Crossed out is different than crossing over.
catherine yronwode

Sukaretto
Newly Registered

Unread post by Sukaretto » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:18 am

I'm sorry, English is not my first language. I might got the terms confused.
I meant when you write the target's name and then turn the piece of paper and write another name on top of them, they are crossed.
So if I do this in a break up petition I wouldn't want the person I want to break up with him on top of his name, right?
Then I should write them next to each other with my name on top of both names?
Thank you !

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:22 pm

Hello Sukaretto,

If you are trying to break up a couple, you would cross one of their names with the other. You would not want to include your name on that petition.

I hope this makes sense. Good luck.

Sukaretto
Newly Registered

Unread post by Sukaretto » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:35 pm

Thank you, miss Athena!

I'm praying it works.

magicmurphy

Unread post by magicmurphy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:35 am

Hi All!
Looked around the forum, and I didn't find this...so...

I'm a klutz -- a spilled oil and soaked a long-working petition paper for love. Doh.
The oil was olive oil fixed with LMCC's Love Herbs mixture and A couple love oils for a love lamp. So...

I need a recommendation ---should I:
Keep working the paper, make a dry paper wrapper or a foil wrapper for it and keep it working under my jar and sleeping with it under my pillow? (I mean, I've been working this)..
or
make a fresh one?

This was a headslapper, Grateful for guidance. Thanks!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:26 pm

Hello magicmurphy,

I would make a dry wrapper for it and keep working it, especially since it seems to have been working for you so far. Just keep your klutziness away from it in future. LOL!

Good luck.

magicmurphy

Unread post by magicmurphy » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:36 pm

LOL! Thanks Miss Athena! Will do.

Missionary-Independent.org

Return to “Amulets, Charms, Seals, Papers, and Jewelry in Hoodoo”