Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Lucky Mojo Vigil Light Questions and Answers (non MISC)

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Re: Lucky Mojo Vigil Light Questions and Answers (non MISC)

Unread post by Terra Rising » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:02 pm

Poppy,

I will warn you dressing glass encased vigil candles can be difficult. There is a technique and you have to really crush the herbs, some with a mortar and pestle. Just a pinch because too much will start a large fire. Same with the oils. You need a long thin ice pick tool to heat up, melt the wax and drop oils down the holes. Too much oil and it will drowned out the wick. You could also order one or two fixed and the rest unfixed just so you get the idea on how much herb/oil to add. I'm serious about the herbs making a large fire. It's not fun.

I have worked both self made and Lucky Mojo candles and both have brought results.

Yes, you can move them once lit. I recommend it to be safe while your away. The oven, bathtub or deep kitchen sink are all options.

Best of luck
HRCC Graduate #2145

Poppy

Unread post by Poppy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:06 am

Thank you for your great advice Terra, I will get a mix of your fixed and unfixed candles. I bought Cat's book on candle magic from your online shop but it doesn't say exactly how to get the oils and herbs right down into the candle so your advice is greatly appreciated :-)

You are right that the list of oils and herbs is huge! As a beginner am I better to get the oils and herbs of the same names as the candles I'm ordering? Or is it better to get different ones to combine energies?

Thank you!
Poppy

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:16 pm

Poppy,

Glad I could help. For a new business I would keep the oils down to Money and Attraction. So Money Drawing, Money Stay With Me(to cut expenses), Attraction, and Look Me Over (for your products and/or pictures if online). Road Opener would be excellent right before a grand opening! As far as the herbs (Five Finger grass, John the Conqueror...) I would stick to the money drawing and success herbs/roots. Many are multi-function so it helps cut down on the amount you need. As issues pop up, and they will, then you may get more specialized herbs down the road. They don't have to be the same as the candles. I would base it off of need instead. Just my 2 cents.

I'm excited for you and hope to follow that path one day!
HRCC Graduate #2145

DeborahHarris

Unread post by DeborahHarris » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:08 pm

I want to burn a Crossing vigil on/for three people (it's for the same purpose/deed). Do I burn a separate candle for each, or do I burn one and place the petition concerning them under it?

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:30 am

DeborahHarris,

If it is for the same purpose and they are connected, you can do it under the same candle. If they are separate and not in the same group or family, then I would do a candle for each.

Hope this helps.
HRCC Graduate #2145

DeborahHarris

Unread post by DeborahHarris » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:20 pm

Thank you Terra Rising. I appreciate it. I will be ordering one from Luckymojo.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”