Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Crystal Ball, Scrying Stone Reading Questions and Answers

How to select and employ Lucky Mojo divination tools, and how to learn fortune telling in the Hoodoo and Conjure tradition.
BoosGenie
Newly Registered
Re: Crystal Ball, Scrying Stone Reading Questions and Answers

Unread post by BoosGenie » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:14 am

I have a loved one (bestfiend) in my life but because of certain life situations. We are no longer able to see each other or even talk daily. He is always on my mind and I worry about him all the time. In the course of our friendship he has noticed my ability to read people emotions feelings and even call him when he needs me and even worn him about people who have might be trying to go over his head. I even told him about a friend he has that would try to date his sister came out to be true.

Because of this he called me his fairy godfather. Told him I’m more of his genie since he is one of the very few I’m able to do this for.

Well I want to make a crystal ball/marble for now as a trial basis . To watch over him keep him safe and have more of a spiritual link to him.

1) Can you make a ball for just one person? I don’t want to see other things or other people. I feel if it’s just for him it might have a stronger ability.

2) Also I feel the need to pray of him, bless him and send him positive thoughts and energy. Some people tell me he has some kinda hold on me. If so I don’t care!!! I have the uncontrollable urge to protect him and I never felted like this before.

Well anyways if you have anything for me let me know

Boo’genie

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:52 pm

Hi, BoosGenie -- and welcome to our Forum!

1) Yes, a crystal can indeed be fixed as a sender to one person and also as a receiver for one person. You would need to take time to prepare it this way, and there is more than one way to do so, but i suggest starting by keeping it always over a photo of the person, and, if possible, covering it when not in use with a piece of fabric worn or touched by the person.

2) Send messages via the crystal is indeed one of the 4 Branches of crystal work we use. (It is the Projective branch. The 4 branches are Crystallomancy or Divination, Projection or Silent Influence, Reception or Thought Receipt, and Transformation or Spiritual Development.

You can use the same crystal, either "open" and unattuned for all four, or attune one crystal to one person and use it on only that person.

You can learn more about how to use crystals by listening to our weekly podcast , "The Crystal Silence League Hour" with Jon Saint Germain. All episodes of the Crystal Silence League Hour archived here:
the-crystal-silence-league-hour-scrying ... rhng4mIJ8c

We also have a book that teaches this. It is called "Secrets of the Crystal Silence League." We used to sell portions of it in the form of small pamphlets, but the entire book is at the printers now and available for pre-ordering. It will ship the week of May 3th, 2019.

BOO-FLS-SCSL
Secrets of the Crystal Silence League by Claude Alexander Conlin
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
http://luckymojo.com/secretsofthecrysta ... eague.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

BoosGenie
Newly Registered

Unread post by BoosGenie » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:59 pm

Thank you so much

Nejo

Unread post by Nejo » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:50 pm

Hello, my name is Nejo and I’m new to this forum!!

I have a question about crystal balls and scrying.

Do you have to use a crystal ball that is clear glass or can any form of crystal be used? Example like a rose quartz, black onyx etc..

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:39 pm

Hello, Nejo, and welcome to the forum.

The answer to your question is actually quite complex. In the old days, glass spheres were not usually called "crystal," and only a few people could afford what was at that time considered to be the best scrying crystak, namely beryl. Rock crystal (clear quartz) was considered good as well, and after that, black stones like onyx and obsidian, and even jet. Rose quartz and other forms of quartz were then explored, among them amethyst and citrine quartz.

In the late 19th century, glass spheres made crystal gazing affordable to all, and they come in many colours, including clear, amber, blue, violet, green, lavender, pink, and red. Each colour has a symbolic meaning, and because glass spheres are inexpensive. some people will have several, in various colours and sizes. Opalescent glass balls (called "Moonies" when they are small enough to play the game of marbles) and glass with internal bubbles, coloured swirls, or a metallic sheen have also their fans.

Meanwhile figured or mottled stones have also garnered their own devotees, and so people will scry with snowflake obsidian, emerald in matrix, ruby in fuchsite, spinel in matrix, picture jasper, calcite, selenite, kambaba jasper, petrified wood, tiger's eye, lapis lazuli, and other opaque stones.

Here is a list of books on crystal scrying. Many of them are still in print and can be purchased or read online:

Books About Crystal Gazing and Psychic Scrying Published Prior to 1950
compiled by catherine yronwode
for the Yronwode Institution for the Preservation and Po[ularization of Indigenous Ethnomagicology (YIPPIE)

http://www.yronwode.org/crystal-gazing- ... raphy.html

In addition to this resource, we have published two inexpensive books on the subject. You may find them of interest. Both of them describe the process of scrying, and other uses for the gazing sphere, including sending and receiving communication. Here they are:

BOO-GRI-CRYM
Crystal Magic by Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

http://luckymojo.com/crystalmagic.html

Jon Saint Germain, "The Voice of the Crystal Silence League"
and the host of the Crystal Silence League Hour on the LMC
Radio Network, presents a practical introduction to the use of
crystals and stones in the Four Branches of Crystallomancy:

• Divination or scrying with a crystal ball or gemstone
• Projection of prayers and spells with Silent Influence
• Reception of blessings from the Divine and from friends
• Transformative healing and lasting self-empowerment

Crystal Magic: Divination, Healing, and Spellcraft with Gems
and Minerals teaches you the legendary inner meanings of a
brilliant array of mystic minerals and provides you with the
time-tested techniques and powerful spiritual spells that will
help you to become an adept practitioner of Crystal Esoterica.

=======

BOO-FLS-SCSL
$9.00

Dedicants of the Crystal Silence League send thoughts and prayers of joy, health, strength, love, success, and protection to all, and, in turn, receive the fruits of mutually supported prayer.

If you are able, join our world wide band when your view of the Sun is morning-fresh and again as night-time falls. As the Earth speeds and spins around the Sun, so do the hours succeed one another around this busy globe. As one mind finishes the prayer, another takes it up, always moving Westward, steadily West- ward, a torch of Mind passed in a relay-race of Love and Purpose and Will. Catch the thoughts arising from your East each morning, send your thoughts to those abiding West each night.

Now Is the Hour: Let us work for results NOW.
catherine yronwode

Nejo

Unread post by Nejo » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:49 am

Thanks! Your answer was very helpful

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:37 am

I have a labradorite ball that I have been using for a little bit of divination and some dream work. I'd like to see what your crystal/stone recommendations are for silent influence. I thought maybe carnelian? Smokey Quartz?
HRCC Graduate #2145

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:20 pm

Hello terra_rising,

I really like the idea of carnelian for this, however someone with more experience in crystals and stones might have other ideas for you.

Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:22 pm

All three of these books -- "Crystal Magic," "Lithomancy," and "Secrets of the Crystal Silence League" -- qualify for inclusion in our price-breaking special that all you divination fans will want to know about:

BOO-SPE-DIVI
Assortment of Divination Techniques, Set of 9
$72.00

http://luckymojo.com/publishing.html
ASSORTMENT OF DIVINATION TECHNIQUES
by Various Authors

This awesome array of books will help you see what the future holds in store. In our Assortment of Divination Techniques you will receive detailed information and instructions covering the history, methods, and techniques of reading for yourself or for clients with bones, coins, crystals, stones, numbers, cards, and observation of physical traits, and also include a career-building manual on how to set up your own professional practice as a fortune teller.

These nine books -- a total of 864 pages! -- regularly sell for $9.00 each (a total of $81.00). Pay only $8.00 each when you buy all nine as a package deal -- a total of only $72.00 (a savings of $9.00). Order "Assortment of Divination Techniques" and you will receive one copy each of these 96-page books:

• Throwing the Bones by catherine yronwode
• Bones, Shells, and Curios by Michele Jackson
• Crystal Magic by Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain
• Lithomancy by Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain
• A Deck of Spells by Professor Porterfield
• Vulvamancy by Dr. Jeremy Weiss
• 'The Fortune Tellers Guide to Success by Valentina Burton
• The Secret of Numbers Revealed by Dr. Roy Page Walton, edited by cat yronwode
• Secrets of the Crystal Silence League by Claude Alexander Conlin, edited by cat yronwode and Deacon Millett

Product Details:
Format: Nine 96 page books (864 pages), trade paperbacks, illustrated
Publisher: Various
Publication dates: 2013-2019
ISBNs: Various
Tagged: Spells and Magic, Spirituality, Specials
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:00 pm

It's Facebook Fridays! for December 6, 2019. The realm of Crystals, Minerals, and Lithomancy awaits your exploration with the guidance of the Voice of the Crystal Silence League, Jon Saint Germain!

The Lucky Mojo Curio Company is holding a random drawing to give away 2 edifying and enlightening spiritual supply prize packages to help you expand your knowledge. This week each lucky winner will receive copies of Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain's masterworks: "Crystal Magic: Divination, Healing, and Spellcraft with Gems and Minerals," and "Lithomancy: Divination and Spellcraft with Stones, Crystals, and Coins." These fascinating occult books are accompanied by the working tools necessary to begin practical experimentation right away -- a gorgeous opalescent Moonie orb in a velveteen pouch for crystal gazing study and a basic three-stone oracle pouch for use in lithomantic divination. These esoteric books and tools will expand your knowledge of gemstones and crystals, and their use in spell-casting and fortune telling.

All you have to do to enter is to post a comment to the contest announcement on the Lucky Mojo Facebook page, Facebook Fridays! status message.

http://www.facebook.com/LuckyMojoCurio

First thing tomorrow morning, we will select TWO winners at random, announce their names here, and ask them to message the Lucky Mojo Facebook Page with their mailing addresses, so we can send them their FREE Jon Saint Germain Special package.

catherine yronwode

clarityseven

Unread post by clarityseven » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:55 pm

This thread has really good information on the personal experiences of people who scry-- for some reason it is very difficult to find information on crystal gazing and other forms of scrying. The discussion's appreciated.

I've recently started scrying using an obsidian sphere. Progress is really fickle and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong (if anything), and what assists other people in getting results.

So far I've tried utilizing different planetary times and days, using different times of day, being tired/more alert/relaxed, and looking at the crystals in different ways-- all around it, "through" it, past it, etc.

Scrying is different to me and I'm not sure what to expect in terms of how I'm receiving information. Mostly I have seen snatches of things in my minds eye.

If I do see things than it's literally what's being reflected in the crystal, though if I let my eyelids relax, I do occasionally see some shifting as my eyelids flutter. This shifting often turns into mind's eye visualizations after that. I've also had a lot of vague feelings (seemingly external?) and internal energy shifts when I'm scrying too.

I'm wondering how to progress more with scrying. It's enjoyable but it very much reminds me of something I may have to continually practice for a long time-- like a slog through a swamp, and I'm afraid I'm never going to be able to learn scrying.

Am I on the right track so far? I have both "Secrets of the Crystal Silence League" (light blue book) and "Crystal Magic" in my cart right now. Are there any critical differences between the two books?

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:33 am

clarityseven,

I agree with you, my progress has been slow but I keep working at it. I believe one of the reasons why it is difficult to find information on methods is that it can vary so much person to person. Some people will actually see things on the surface. This usually occurs when using stones like jasper, labradorite, snowflake obsidian. Others will see images in their "minds eye" and still others have their vision go hazy and it is somewhere in between the two.

I don't have either of the books you mentioned although, I've been meaning to pick up Crystal Magic for sometime now. I have been using CLAIRVOYANCE AND OCCULT POWERS by Swami Panchadasi. It is sold at Lucky Mojo but is a little old school. I suggest purchasing what books you can on the matter and keep at it.

Miss Cat works at creating bibliographies on different subjects and posts them at YIPPIE. The Crystal Gazing Bibliography might be of interest. http://www.yronwode.org/crystal-gazing- ... raphy.html

Good Luck!
HRCC Graduate #2145

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:14 pm

clarityseven,

"Secrets of the Crystal Silence League" by Clauude Alexander Conlin and "Crystal Magic" by Rev. Dr. Jon St. Germain are entirely different books, although Jon's book does contain a short extract and quotation from Conlin's book.

You can find their respective Tables of Contents on their own pages and compare them

Read more here:

Secrets of the Crystal Silence League Book Questions and Answers
secrets-of-the-crystal-silence-league-b ... ml#p397845

Crystal Magic Book by Jon Saint Germain Questions and Answers
crystal-magic-by-jon-saint-germain-ques ... 78764.html

Crystal Gazing Bibliography and Book Suggestions for Beginners
crystal-gazing-bibliography-and-book-su ... 92300.html

BOO-FLS-SCSL
$9.00

BOO-GRI-CRYM
Crystal Magic by Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain
$9.00

For more information, see:http://luckymojo.com/crystalmagic.html
catherine yronwode

clarityseven

Unread post by clarityseven » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:00 pm

Thank you Ms. Catherine, I appreciate your reply.

I read through the bibliography of books on crystals a few hours ago. About 5 of the books are free, but some are modern reprints and require small payment. For now I'm going to stick with the free books and purchase Crystal Magic.

A lot of the crystal scrying books on there are really interesting. It's hard to find records of some of those books and I'm glad they're somewhere.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:01 am

clarityseven --

I collect old books, and i find great pleasure in reading them. Creating these lsts of books on occult topics is one of my hobbies. As time goes by, i add more books to the lists and update them by including more recent books. If i can get my husband involved, to do the scanning, i also add images of the covers.

I think you will enjoy Crystal Magic -- it is a good overview of many forms of crystal work, of which gazing forms one portion. If you have any more questions, just ask and i will reply.
catherine yronwode

magicmurphy

Unread post by magicmurphy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:04 am

Hi All!
Doc Murphy here.

Looked through the forum, and haven't found this issue, so I'll ask and I'd be grateful for guidance.
I recently bought a scrying mirror (glass-in-a-frame kind) from an artisan friend, but it arrived cracked in the mail. The friend replaced it at no charge, so I have a lovely new mirror. All good.

But I now also have this cracked one that's never been used. She made it, put it in the mail, it cracked in delivery... never been used.
So... anyone ever used a cracked mirror for scrying? Do you have good results, or no? And if no... any recommendations on what to do with this? It's lovely, kinda too bad it's busted, would be nice to find some sort of magical use for... :)

I'd be grateful for advice on this. Thanks!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:25 am

Hello (Doc) magicmurphy,

I've never used a cracked mirror for scrying so can't advise you there. It may be useful for cursing work on a target with a skull candle. I would position the candle to face the mirror and "distort" their vision of themselves, as part of a spell to cross them up or deflate their narcissism. That's the first thing that comes to mind.

Think of other ways in which distorted or fragmented vision may be helpful towards a goal and that may lead to other ideas for its use.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

magicmurphy

Unread post by magicmurphy » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:49 pm

This does indeed, Miss Athena! Thank you!

Lissakayramsey
Newly Registered

Unread post by Lissakayramsey » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:41 am

Can you scry unintentionally without even knowing what it is?
I may have this morning through a perfume bottle. Saw a reflection in it looked behind me nothing there so I watched it and pretty much just shapes changing looking like it was coming closer or into focus then I saw my aunts face clear as day, she passed just a little over a month ago unexpectedly. A single tear rolled down my face and I waved to her incase she could see to know I saw her.
Freaking out I instantly googled seeing reflections and came across scrying. But I didn’t set up for this had no clue what scrying even was and it was just a perfume bottle with a black shiny top.
Is it a possibility or just my mind playing tricks on me. I had just woke up and was laying in bed staring towards my dresser thinking about getting out of bed. It seemed like just a couple of minutes but my husband said it had been about 20 minutes since he woke me up?

Evan Lionhart
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Evan Lionhart » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:49 am

Hi Lissakayramsey,

I believe so. A perfume bottle, much like a crystal ball (whether gem or lead glass), could be reflective/refractive enough to be used for scrying. Did the bottle belong to anyone in your family or was it a scent they used/liked? There may be a connection there as well.

Hope that helps!
Evan Lionhart

Thank you St. Christopher • Thank you St. Michael

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Divination Tools, Tarot Cards, Pendulums, Crystal Balls, and Spirit Boards”