Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Support Cat Yronwode on Patreon

For just a few bucks a month you can have access to Bonus Pages on hoodoo, spell-casting, fortune telling, and folk magic, and contact Cat directly through this private sub-forum!
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Support Cat Yronwode on Patreon

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:18 pm

In order to continue my work as a writer and graphic designer in the fields of magic, folklore, spellcraft, divination, and fortune telling, i am asking loyal readers to support me on Patreon. For a small monthly donation, you will have access to advance copies of web pages and books i am writing, at the rate of one new item per week.

Because my interests are varied and not everyone is interested in all of my projects, you may subscribe for one, two, or four articles per month. The articles will be tagged with the type of material covered. I think of these as "streams" of content, which may mingle and flow together at times.

At present the planned streams are

"From the Land of Tea"
An adjunct to my tasseomancy site, The Mystic Tea Room.

"Your Wate and Fate: The Material Culture of Fortune Telling"
Documenting unusual methods of divination.

"Where the Southern Cross the Yellow Dog"
Annotated historical articles on 19th and 20th century hoodoo, an adjunct to my "Southern Spirits" site.

"A Hoodoo Hand"
Research pages to eventually be added to my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice"

"The Lucky W Amulet Archive"
An illustrated and annotated tour of my collection of lucky charms.

"Fit to Print"
Sample pdf chapters from upcoming books i am writing.

Each new web page or sample pdf is circulated to Patrons as an unpublished galley proof or advance copy. After one year at Patreon, each page will be released to the public, either as an addition to one of my web sites or in the form of a chapter in a published book.

Patrons have access to a Private Patreon sub-forum within the Lucky Mojo Forum, and will be accorded special Red Star Avatar badges at the Forum.

To sign up, go to my Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/catherineyronwode
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

coastwitch

Re: Support Cat Yronwode on Patreon

Unread post by coastwitch » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:25 pm

What are the tiers at Patreon in terms of monetary levels and benefits to patrons?
coastwitch

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:13 pm

Here are the tiers i have devised at Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/catherineyronwode

The Sampler
$2.00 Per Month

* Preview access to ONE new web page per month; the web page release will be held one year before public viewing.
* Access to my Patrons-Only Private Sub-Forum at the Lucky Mojo Forum where we can chat.
* A special Red Star Patron badge at the Public and Private Lucky Mojo Forums.

The Selector
$4.00 Per Month

* Preview access to TWO new web pages per month; the web page release will be held one year before public viewing.
* Access to my Patrons-Only Private Sub-Forum at the Lucky Mojo Forum where we can chat.

The Reader
$8.00 Per Month

* Preview access to FOUR new web pages per month; the web page release will be held one year before public viewing.

The Bibliophile
$24.00 Per Month

* Preview access to FOUR new web pages per month; the web page release will be held one year before public viewing.
* A signed copy of a 96-page book on folk magic or divination that i have authored, co-authored, or edited.

The Collector
$48.00 Per Month

* A signed copy of a 96-page book on folk magic or divination that i have authored, co-authored, or edited.
* An envelope containing rare vintage paper or cloth ephemera from my personal collection, with a hand-written card
explaining its provenance, significance, and how i came to have duplicate copies so i can send one to you.

The Ephemerist
$64.00 Per Month

* An envelope containing rare vintage paper or cloth ephemera from my personal collection, with a hand-written card
explaining its provenance, significance, and how i came to have duplicate copies so i can send one to you.
* A lovingly curated box of vintage porcelain, glass, or metal ephemera from my personal collection, with a hand-written card explaining its provenance, significance, and how i came to have duplicate copies so i can send one to you.

With 32 different 96-page books in stock, i can continue to send books to faithful Patrons for not quite three years -- by which time there should be a few more books, extending that offer to a full three years. I have a ton of excess ephemera such as rare old 1930s hoodoo labels, fantastic excess china ware, and God knows what-all that i would love to send to other ephemerists. I often used to make entire store buyouts. So i have enough amazingly cool stuff to send random vintage presents to hundreds of Patrons for the rest of my life.

catherine yronwode

stinastarryeyed

Unread post by stinastarryeyed » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:29 pm

Oooh!! That sounds amazing, especially the higher tiers. I want to support you on Patreon as soon as possible, I was really excited when you mentioned it on the podcast a couple of weeks ago.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:32 pm

Just three more days and the gates swing wide on my Patreon page. I am pretty exited. Thanks for your interest.

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:59 pm

At MIDNIGHT on New Years, 2021, these things will happen:

1) The Mystic Tea Room Facebook page goes LIVE with a great giveaway.
To enter the contest, you just have to LIKE the page and COMMENT in the contest thread.
* https://www.facebook.com/TheMysticTeaRoom
* The Mystic Tea Room page on Facebook

2) My personal Facebook Profile becomes a PAGE.
This means i can have more than 5,000 friends -- so if you ever wanted to follow my posts, now you can!
* https://facebook.com/catyronwode
* My public cat yronwde Facebook feed

3) My Instagram account goes LIVE.
You can follow my hoodoo, divination, and political posts on Insta!
* https://instagram.com/catherineyronwode
* My catherine yronwode Instagram feed

5) My Patreon account goes LIVE.
Support me with a monthly donation that will get you cool bonus articles, graphics, and at the higher levels, vintage ephemera from my personal collection. (That's right -- i will send you stuff so rare and strange it will curl your toes!)
* [https://www.patreon.com/catherineyronwode
* My catherine yronwode Patreon page

4) My Twitter account WAKES UP from a dormant spell.
Yes, it was sleeping for a while, but it has woken up, so you can follow my tweets.
* https://twitter.com/catyronwode
* My public catherine yronwode' Twitter feed

5) My Pinterest Boards getts VERY ACTIVE
I have been on Pinterest for quite a while now -- and this year i will be posting LOTS of cool graphics.
* 'https://www.pinterest.com/catyronwod
* My hoodoo and divination pages on Pinterest
catherine yronwode

stinastarryeyed

Unread post by stinastarryeyed » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:08 pm

I just became a patron!! I'm doing a little happy dance over here.

stinastarryeyed

Unread post by stinastarryeyed » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:10 pm

I also followed you on Twitter and Instagram. I had previously liked your FB page.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:39 pm

Thank you, stinastarryeyed -- that is so kind of you.

The roll-out of the Mystic Tea Room Facebook page is going well too -- over 300 likes in the first few hours -- and new likes coming in every few minutes, THAK YOU, all of my friends of tasseomancy and the mystic arts. And, in case you missed it, TODAY ONLY the Mystic Tea Room is hosting a contest to win a free fortune telling tea cup and a book on tea leaf reading. Go to the new Mystic Tea Rom page, LIKE IT and drop a COMMENT in the contest. Good luck!

https://www.facebook.com/TheMysticTeaRoom

And my Patreon page is here:

catherine yronwode

stinastarryeyed

Unread post by stinastarryeyed » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:07 pm

You are very welcome.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:09 am

Okay, folks -- i now have FOUR Patrons on Patreon, and we will shortly be setting up welcome letters and emailing them out to invite my Patrons into the private Patreon forum.

Welcome to my Patreon community.

If you registered to support me as a Patron, look for your first bonus article on January 7th. You will also receive your "Red Star Patron" avatar at the Forum by then as well.

I intend to send out the Patreon bonus articles on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th of each month and ephemera on the 28th of each month.

The Sampler: Tier One Patrons get one bonus article, on the 7th of each month, and will also receive a "Red Star Patron" avatar at the Lucky Mojo Forum, with access to the Private Patron Forum.

The Selector: Tier Two Patrons get two bonus articles, on the 7th and the 14th of each month, and will also receive a "Red Star Patron" avatar at the Lucky Mojo Forum, with access to the Private Patron Forum.

The Reader: Tier Three Patrons get three bonus articles, on the 7th, 14th, and the 21st of each month, and will also receive a "Red Star Patron" avatar at the Lucky Mojo Forum, with access to the Private Patron Forum.

The Bibliophile: Tier Four Patrons get four bonus articles, on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the 28th of each month; plus a signed copy of a 96-page book on folk magic or divination that i have authored, co-authored, or edited on the 28th of each month; and will also receive a "Red Star Patron" avatar at the Lucky Mojo Forum, with access to the Private Patron Forum.

The Collector: Tier Five Patrons get four bonus articles, on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the 28th of each month; plus a signed copy of a 96-page book on folk magic or divination that i have authored, co-authored, or edited on the 28th of each month; and will also receive a "Red Star Patron" avatar at the Lucky Mojo Forum, with access to the Private Patron Forum, plus one piece of actual vintage "flat" ephemera mailed to them in a flat envelope on the 28th of each month.

The Ephemerist: Tier Six Patrons get four bonus articles, on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the 28th of each month;; plus a signed copy of a 96-page book on folk magic or divination that i have authored, co-authored, or edited on the 28th of each month; and will also receive a "Red Star Patron" avatar at the Lucky Mojo Forum, with access to the Private Patron Forum, plus one piece of actual vintage "flat" ephemera and one piece of "boxed" ephemera mailed together in a box on the 28th of each month.

The bonus articles will vary by topic and by format at my whim and at my will. Some will be illustrated web pages not available to the public for one year, some will be scans of rare folk magic and fortune telling ephemera with annotations and notes, and some will be typeset chapters from upcoming books on folk magic and fortune telling.

The flat vintage ephemera may be made of paper, chipboard, or cloth. Due to the rarity of such items, no two pieces are guaranteed to be alike, but while i do have duplicates in my collections, no Patron will receive the same item twice.

The boxed vintage ephemera may be made of porcelain, wood, chipboard, or metal. Due to the rarity of such items, no two pieces are guaranteed to be alike, but while i do have duplicates in my collections, no Patron will receive the same item twice.

Patrons who sign up at a lower tier level on a date after that tier's Bonus is released (e.g. if they sign up for Tier One on the 25th of the month), they should receive only the appropriate link for that month (e.g. Tier One will receive the Bonus released on 7th of the month in which they signed up).

I am looking forward to getting to know you all through the Private Patron Forum, and i hope you enjoy these personal glimpses into my work as a researcher and writer on the topics of folk magic and fortune telling.
catherine yronwode

Graveyardhag

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:43 pm

After several years of supporting exactly one person on patreon I now have 2! I'm looking forward to the content.

How will you be confirming who is who for access to the private forum? Do we need to do anything ?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:53 pm

Hello, Graveyardhag,

Thank you so much for subscribing to my Patreon!

The site's backend provides us with the emails of everyone who signs up.

In the next day or two -- well before the 7th, when the first article goes out, we will email everyone who has signed up with a welcome letter containing instructions on how to log in to the private Patreon Forum here in the Lucky Mojo Forum.

Then, on the 7th, all Patrons will be emailed a link to a web page that the public cannot see -- and there the first illustrated article will be. Each week, a link will be emailed, and Patrons will receive as many articles as they have signed up for.

On the 28th of each month, physical objects will be mailed to those Patrons who have also signed up for books, paper ephemera, and/or boxed ephemera.

See you in the Private Patreon Forum in the next day or two!
catherine yronwode

Graveyardhag

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:04 pm

You are most welcome Miss Cat

amysx13

Unread post by amysx13 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:04 pm

I just subscribed! I'm so excited, I've always wanted to do your course but I always feel like I don't have time. 😔 Now I have another way to learn from your wisdom in addition to this site! Yay!
Thank you Saint Martha for your continued blessings!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:19 pm

Thank you, amysx13.
catherine yronwode

stinastarryeyed

Unread post by stinastarryeyed » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:41 pm

I never got a welcome email or link to the private forum.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:34 pm

Soon! We promise!
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:02 am

I have posted my first Patreon bonus page. Email notifications will go out tomorrow with the URL.
catherine yronwode

stinastarryeyed

Unread post by stinastarryeyed » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:15 am

:D OK, thanks for that! I was worried that something was wrong with my email provider.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:59 pm

January 7th, 2021

In the first installment of "From the Land of Tea," we take a sneak-peek look at an upcoming page that will eventually be on display at the Mystic Tea Room web site. As a Patreon supporter, you have access to this page one full year before the public does. A brief teaser for this page is available to the public here:

http://mystictearoom.com Your Fortune in a Tea-Cup Postcards

The public teaser page is lacking most of the images and all of the captions and explanations shown on the Patreon Preview Page. It functions as a link to my Patreon account. Patreon supporters at Tier 1 (The Sampler) and above have access to the priavte page. To read about and subscribe to higher tiers, please see my Patreon page here:

http://patreon.com/catherineyronwode "It's All Ephemera with Cat Yronwode

The finished version of "Your Fortune in a Tea-Cup Postcards" will be released live to the public in January 2022. To discuss this page and other Mystic Tea Room Patreon pages with me, Patrons (but not the public) can join my private Patreon Forum:

Private Patreon Forum for The Mystic Tea Room

Next week's Patreon Preview Page will be ready on January 14th, 2021. The link will be available to Patrons who have subscribed at Tier 2 (The Selector) and above. The Topic will be Your Wate and Fate.
catherine yronwode

amysx13

Unread post by amysx13 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:04 am

Do we do something special to join the special forum or is this it? Thanks!
Thank you Saint Martha for your continued blessings!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:32 pm

amysx13,

This thread ("Support Cat Yronwode on Patreon") is the PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD about my Patreon activities.

If you subscribed at Patreon, several things should have happened

1) You should have received a Welcome Letter.

2) You should have received the "secret URL" link to the Week 1 bonus material.

3) You should have received the link to the Private Patreon Forum.

4) Your Avatar's yellow star should have been turned into a RED STAR, and your name should be in BOLD RED text.

Why this may not have happened:

1) You did not actually subscribe at
http://patreon.com/catherineyronwode "It's All Ephemera with Cat Yronwode
(but i see that you say you did!)

2) You subscribed at Patreon but you did not use the same email and user name when subscribing at Patreon that you use here at the Forum, so we have been unable to locate your forum name and forum account to hook you up. (This looks probable, because you do not (yet) have a RED STAR.)

3) You did not open the email we sent to you explaining how to fix identification issues so that we can get you hooked up and in the Private Patreon Forum. (Again, this looks probable.)

4) It can take us 24 hours to check new Patrons and hook them up and although we have emailed all subscribers as of today, you may have signed up later in the day. (Not probable, as you said you had subscribed back on January 4th.)

I will try to get nagasiva or Evan to fix things, and if you have any questions, or need further help, post here, please.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:46 pm

I am finishing work on my Week 2 bonus material for Patreon supporters who are subscribed at Tier 2 through Tier 6. I'd love to share a teaser, but it is "super secret," so here's a photo of the vintage checkerboard restaurant ware on which i ate my breakfast. To become my Patron, go to http://patreon.com/catherineyronwode "It's All Ephemera with Cat Yronwode

The first "Your Wate and Fate" bonus page goes online January 14th, and emails with the URL have been sent to all Patrons subscribed at Tier 2 or above. I hope you like this page on an intriguing old form of character analysis that combines the Zodiac, the birth moth, and the symbolism of gemstones and flowers.
catherine yronwode

stinastarryeyed

Unread post by stinastarryeyed » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:17 pm

Oh my goodness, that is fantastic! I love vintage, they certainly don't make things like they used to.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:09 pm

In December 2020 i decided that in order to reach more people and to find some financial support for my work here at The Mystic Tea Room, i would open a Patreon account, where people could make small monthly donations to get access to bonus pages on tasseomancy, and, for a larger contribution, receive monthly packages of tea, tea leaf reading ephemera, and even vintage tea cups. I decided to call this project "From the Land of Tea," after a lovely little tea company booklet in my collection.

I scanned the art, cleaned it up, and launched "From the and of Tea" on Patreon on January 1st, 2021. People began to sign up almost at once. One week into the project, before i had even posted the link to the first bonus page for my Patrons, i drank my afternoon cup of tea, asking, "Will this be a success?" Here, without any photoshopping or fakery, is the tea cup, next to the logo i had designed.

Now you tell me -- if you were my tea leaf reader, how would you interpret that cup?

If you have a reply, please post here at the Lucky Mojo Forum in the thread called "Support Cat Yronwode on Patreon." Thank you
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:43 pm

No responses have been posted here, but over in Facebook, where i posed the same question, Rob Gallagher responded:

"I see the sailboat from the cover. Sailing to new horizons."

That is how i see it too, Also, as the boat is to the left of "home" but not yet at "away" with respect of the cup handle, it indicates a new venture. Being down from the rim, and occupying weeks two and three in the timing layers of the cup, it shows that the project will develop over the next few weeks.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:59 am

I am happily at work on my third week of articles for my Patrons. I really enjoy working to a deadline -- and now i have TWO per week. My friends and i on the AIRR Tech Team have a long-standing commitment to co-write or co-edit one page on hoodoo or general spirituality for the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers web site. Now i have taken on the self-imposed task to research, write, and illustrate one web page each week on the material culture of hoodoo and other forms of folk magic and divination for my Patreon supporters.

This week my Patreon project kicks off a new series i call "The Southern Cross the Yellow Dog" with a one-year-ahead Patron-preview of a historical article on .... you're gonna love this, folks! -- the British poet and political activist Gerald Massey! Yes, Gerald Massey and hoodoo together on one page, like you've never seen them before! But you have to be a Patron to read it. Eight bucks per month gets you four advance articles on the popular culture of magic, as diverse and fascinating as my mind can devise them.

(Come on, admit it, you kinda knew that Gerald Massey was a Chartist and a Shakespearean scholar, but hoodoo? In 1888? Mind-blowing, huh?) The two bucks per week is well worth it for the surprise levels alone.

And next week ... what'll it be? A complete, annotated 1920s tea leaf reading pamphlet? The private correspondence of a 1930s root doctor? The zodiacal symbolism of flowers on chromolithographic postcards from 1908? Penny scales and character readings? A little-known 1920s blues song about hoodoo? A rare-beyond-rubies 19th century booklet on Palmistry published by an oatmeal company? A 1940s method to find the right Bible passage for every situation? Penny arcade astrology from 1923? A Spiritualistic dream book published by a Black policy king in Chicago? Preview chapters from my next book? -- Well, whatever the future holds, the only way to find out what's next is to subscribe to "It's All Ephemera with cat yronwode"! http://patreon.com/catherineyronwode
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Support Cat Yronwode on Patreon”