Forum Moderator
Re: Disposal of Ritual Remains Questions and Answers

Unread post by ConjureMan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:35 pm

They make great vases for flowers.
ConjureMan - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:07 pm

I do glass etching and am learning to make my own soy candles so I plan to recycle mine into new candles.

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:10 pm

ConjureMan wrote:They make great vases for flowers.
That they do! :)
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

missyd915

Unread post by missyd915 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi
Apologies if this has been asked before, but im a little unclear on what i should do with the remains of love workings. I know it is preferable to bury on my property but my front and back yard are concrete jungle's and ive toyed with the idea of getting a plant pot to put them in and cover with earth but i feel it's risky that the remains will be discovered by family which would be truly mortifying. Wheras i have good access to crossroads and am near a river which meets the sea, would any of these do for the purpose? I don't want to put energy into work and then get rid of the reains in the wrong way and possibly reduce its effectivness.
Many Thanks

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:02 pm

Good point missyd915, read here about disposal http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

I have gotten creative and lead a trail from my target's home to mine...
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Mom-of-twins96

Unread post by Mom-of-twins96 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:35 pm

Hello all,

I was wondering if it is ok to bury spell remains that I do for my children in their grandparents backyard?
The kids and I spend a lot of time at their house (since they were born, my mother watched them till they went to school) I go their every morning and the kids are there five days a week (all day during the summer while I work). Their grandparents pick them up from school, they play in the yard and do thier homework there, eat dinner, it is really their second home. If this is not ok and I have to use a potted plant ( I live in a apartment) does it have to have a plant or can it be a pot of dirt? The spells are for things like school, sports etc. Thank you to anyone who responds, your time is greatly appreciated.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:05 pm

You want the remains of positive spells to 'stay with them'; where you live and the pot doesn't have to have a plant in it.

Darth Rosa

Unread post by Darth Rosa » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:32 pm

I know in some traditions, burying or placing offerings at a crossroads is good for deific requests.

Also throwing spell remains in a river is appropriate, especially since it will meet the sea.

Burning in a fire is good too.

But, you could always just follow your intuition. :-D

Mom-of-twins96

Unread post by Mom-of-twins96 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:01 pm

Thank you

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:07 pm

No, burning in fire would not be good. Generally you burn enemy tricks to get rid of them. You burn up name papers to torture people and on some occassions send up prayers by burning them at the end of a vigil, but you don't use fire for remains of a love spell, generally.

This is a *hoodoo* forum. Please use the symbolism and acts found in *hoodoo.* To attract place the remains near your front door. Even places with cement driveways have yards, lawns, or planters near houses. Bury it there.

AmaSarah

Unread post by AmaSarah » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:13 pm

Every time I light a candle I encircle it with the herbs I used in the candle. Once the candle burns down, I then add those herbs around the candle to my incense burner. It's love work. Is this a mistake?

thanks

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:35 pm

Herbs can be burned as incense. Generally burning remains like tossing wax remains, bottles etc are used to end the work.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:53 am

StarLover33 wrote: Also throwing spell remains in a river is appropriate, especially since it will meet the sea.
Mmmm, only if you want to get rid of something, and that is very rarely the goal of love spell work.
HRCC Student #1559

Sparkles

Unread post by Sparkles » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:44 pm

The candlework (Return to Me working) I started a few months ago came to an end nearly two weeks ago. Out of curiosity as to what it meant, I booked a wax divination with a respected AIRR member. The reading was positive.

I know that to fix this trick and/or seal the results of this spell and keep it working, this should be buried in earth (as per LM website info). Now, I have been thinking about a doll baby for my target for a while now and wanted to know if I could use the wax puddle from this work or should it really be buried ?

Thank you for your time/advice/help.

:)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:48 pm

It should be buried.

Sparkles

Unread post by Sparkles » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:21 am

Thank you!

sarahstar74

Unread post by sarahstar74 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:18 am

Hello,
I am new to rootworking and have had an ongoing situation regarding a very long, complicated relationship. I had begun a vinegar jar for a break up (him and a new interest) and a honey jar to sweeten him to me. This relationship has experienced a LOT of changes in the last two months, after 2.5 years of being a sancutary for both of us. I've had an almost embarrassing number of readings since it's A. So weird for us to be such high drama; and B. Major changes just keep happening in a relationship that was pretty much a port in the other storms of life for a long time.

Anyways, more stuff happened last night and I happened to have a reading this morning scheduled on a totally different subject but obviously, it turned to the dramz. Basically, I was on the right track with my work but the reader offered to do the first part of it for me. Now I want to get rid of the stuff I started, sort of to clear the slate.

I live in Arizona so there isn't any running water or I would deal with things out in nature.
Vinegar Jar: Do I open the jar and dump it in the desert? Pour it out in the wash by his place? In my "burial" spot in my backyard? Leave it in a tree? I was probably too emotional to make it work fully but I wouldn't be naive enough to say it's impotent, either.
Honey Jar: As for the honey jar, while I'm going to release it and start anew in a week or so, giving time for the breakup action to get going, I'm not as worried about that one. It has a very pleasant energy and probably was working nicely.
St Martha: I'm going to light a candle to say "thank you for being willing" but I'm gonna hold off on her help until they're broken up. I had only gotten one Tuesday underway but my understanding is that she may not be able to do much just yet, until the other gal is gone, since there's not a real "claim" like he's not my husband or anything.

I was truly prepared to cut and clear on all of this, and I could still but the way the reader explained it to me is that they're gonna break up now or they're gonna break up at the end of the summer. Either way, he's gonna come around and we're gonna have to deal with the attachment and feelings for each other that really only came to light when we each got involved with someone else (I ended mine awhile ago).

NOTE: This was a complicated intimate best friend relationship, not a traditional boyfriend/girlfriend thing; even taking out the physical aspect, we were too intimate to have room for us to be involved with others without this mess happening. Mistakes... were made.

So I may as well git 'er done now while it's all that's going on, rather than having it all come up again later and having it ruin Thanksgiving or Hannukah; or have our unresolved issues affect yet another person if I were to get involved in another relationship soon, the way they are affecting this girl. ;)

Any insight into disposal of low-pulse crappy work in a state with zero running water would be super, and thanks in advance,
~slw

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:59 am

Read about disposing of ritual remains here...http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

But never dispose of negative spells on your property, if there is no river about, consider disposal in a graveyard.

Rainbow95

Unread post by Rainbow95 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:46 pm

I have some candle wax used in a love spell buried in my yard but i might be moving.
what do i do with the remains if i'm not living there anymore? i can't leave them there if it's not my house lol

can i dig them up and rebury them? will that effect anything, like the manifestation of the spell? i don't want all my hard work to be disturbed :( i'm going to be needing to bury other candle remains soon also....

suggestions and advice please?

thanks! :)

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:57 am

I'm curious as to the answer to this too!
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

butchcomer
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by butchcomer » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:55 am

This is just my opinion and others more experienced may have a different one, so I am curious too, but I never dig up or disturb spell remains. I moved from a different state about 4 years ago, and there were plenty of remains left in the yard I left behind. My feeling is that "home" is where the heart is, so things buried to "keep things close to home" know where you are. When you settle in your new home, you can repeat the spell, to in a sense, "renew" it. If it eases your mind, I would write a prayer to recite as I leave my old home, express your thanks for all the good things that happened there, ask for blessings and that the power and magic from the spells you've done there continue to be alive and working although your travels are now taking you elsewhere. Trust the Universe to hear and understand what you desire. Good luck in your new home, too!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:20 pm

I agree with butchcomer...pray over the remains ... and trust the universe to hear and understand your desires.

JasmineTalula

Unread post by JasmineTalula » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:35 am

I have remains from a spiritual bath but I have a small bottle of water that Ive kept for a day and a half now and placed in the fridge can I keep this water or do I have to throw it at the cross road or is it too late to throw it away as it has been a day and a half?
I need help in this department. And it wasnt a negativity removal one.

JasmineTalula

Unread post by JasmineTalula » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:56 am

Reason why this happened was because I litetally had no time to throw it away because I wasnt in my area and had to rush out, so can I keep this water for further use or does it have to be thrown or can some be thrown at the crossroads and some kept.

JasmineTalula

Unread post by JasmineTalula » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:10 pm

Hello I had a spiritual bath and I was unable to dispose of the water that exact night can I still dispose of it a day or 2 days later? Also can you throw some of the water and keep some of the water for futer use?
Thanks.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:34 pm

you need to get rid of the water as soon as possible, especially if its uncrossing work since you want to complete the work. In addition, for keeping the water I think it would depend on what it is for.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:18 pm

I think you posted this in another section.

This is a paragraph from this page on bath washes: http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html
If a bath is intended to draw in good luck, it is common for the conjure to tell the bather to rub the body only in an upward direction after pouring the bath. If the bath is for the removal of evil conditions, the client may be told to bathe by rubbing in a downward direction only. In either case, the used bath water, enhanced by the essence of the bather, may become an ingredient in further spell work, ritually sprinkled, used to wipe away enemy tricks and witchcraft spells, or be added to floor wash.

Furthermore, you want to get rid of the bath water to the East if you want to draw it you ,and the west to rid of it.

sunnyone

Unread post by sunnyone » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Hello everyone. I have a picture taped to the outside of a vigil light for positive work. How do you properly dispose of the picture itself? Do you burn it in the candle before it goes out, just dispose of it with the candle, or keep it somewhere safe?

What about if you were burning a "negative" candle? I'm not, but just curious if that would be handled differently. Speaking of negative candlework, is it true that you can dispose of the remains by wrapping it in a paper bag and throwing it away somewhere far from your home?

thanks

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:20 pm

Please read this link, and should answer your questions.
http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Fernview
HRCC Student

Unread post by Fernview » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Quick question. I know when we dispose of bathwater or pretty much anything negative at the crossroads, we are to leave and not look back. I was curious as to why we can't look back? Would that in a way be like reabsorbing the bad energy we were trying to remove?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:55 pm

...you can look at that way Fernview...not as much in my opinion as looking back on what you have disposed...i.e., taboo...I cleansed...and am riding myself of negative energies, I am finished with that...therefore I dispose and move on. Its like putting an end to something that wasn't good anyway.

JasmineTalula

Unread post by JasmineTalula » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:33 pm

So could I keep half and place half in the east? and can I pust some in the east at night or does it need to be done at dawn?

Fernview
HRCC Student

Unread post by Fernview » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:33 pm

Thank you!

redheadwitch

Unread post by redheadwitch » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:39 pm

I live on the 4th floor in an urban, high-rise condo building. I have no yard to bury things in, nor can I remove floorboards (tile floors) or cut carpet since I rent. There are some grassy areas below my balcony and behind my building, but that is not exactly my property. Any suggestions? Thanks.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:47 pm

What type of remains? positive or negative http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

...and for further examples, the forum posters have discussed this numerous times.

redheadwitch

Unread post by redheadwitch » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:28 pm

Positive.

Yes, I have read that information, but the instructions call for burying items in your yard. I don't have a yard. I was wondering if I could use the public green space under my balcony, even though it is not technically my property. I have searched for this and haven't found anything. My question is not about the general instructions on disposing of remains, but what I should do in this instance of not having a yard.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:28 pm

You can use the green, or you can use a potted plant.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

redheadwitch

Unread post by redheadwitch » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:47 pm

Thanks! We aren't allowed to have items like that on our balconies, unfortunately. The rules here are very restrictive. One thing about the green space below me is that it is the "dog walk". This could be good because all the little animal spirits frolicking about. But it does mean that various people come and go. Right outside the dogwalk is a lovely fountain with some plantings beside it. I think I'll go down in a bit and look around. As long as it's not a problem that it's four floors beneath me and not right outside my place. :)

BewitchingBelle

Unread post by BewitchingBelle » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:07 am

As a renter, I will typically limit items that I bury close to my place of residence to remedial items and ingredients that are most likely to be broken down by the elements. If the remedy involves glass or metal , it goes to the crossroads for burial or into running water. Items placed inside or around the property, (horse shoes, indian head pennies etc) for protection can be cleansed and blessed at a new location.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:40 pm

I have never had a qualm about burying spell remains and moving later. In fact, i don't "get" that there's a problem at all with leaving things where they were buried.

Sometimes i think that folks make all of this way too complicated. It's simple.

Look, hoodoo was developed by African American slaves living primarily in rural areas in the South who were employed for the most part in agricultural work. Any housing given to these enslaved people was absolutely owned by the people who literally owned them, and at any time they could be loaned or leased out or sold into a new locality. Yet regardless of the legal suspension of their right to personal freedom and their right to own land, they taught us to bury spell remains in the front yard, back yard, at the crossroads, at the graveyard, and so forth, according to the nature and intention of the spell -- and these customs remained within hoodoo after Emancipation, and to the present day, even in urban environments.

Now, do you think they would have done it that way if they'd have had to dig up spell remains and move them when Ol' Massa sold them down the river?

A lot of our customs are easier to understand and easier to see clearly if you will take the time to understand what hoodoo really is and where it came from. It's not random magical spell-work -- it's domestic African American folk magic. If you haven't already read it, please check out the introductory "Hoodoo History" page in "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice," which should give you some of the flavour and background of hoodoo:

http://luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html

And for more information on deploying spell work and disposing of spell remnants, see the HITAP page called "Laying Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains," which is here:

http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

wanderingknits

Unread post by wanderingknits » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:50 am

Hello everyone. I've recently found myself in bit of a spot.

One of my dearest, oldest friends is having a real bad time of it so I decide to do a Good Luck candle spell for him. It was really simple: A green candle, a letter he wrote me years ago, and parchment where I wrote down a simple prayer. I have finished the spell, but I've come across a problem...

What do I do with the leftovers? I have the paper, the letter, and the last little bit of candle. It feels wrong to throw it out, but I don't know if I should keep it. He lives on the other side of the country so it's not like I can bury it near his house. My only idea is to bury it someplace that holds a lot of happy memories of him, but I'm not too sure if that'll work.

Does anyone have a better idea?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:15 am

Keep the letter - it's a memory. Burn the petition with a prayer for it to be lifted to God, then take the ashes and the candle wax remains to a crossroads for disposal.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:56 pm

Great advice, Devi...thank you for that! I like gathering information for myself through others specific situations... Learning from others. Thank you.

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

SophiaMia

Unread post by SophiaMia » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:40 pm

Awww Recycle! Why didn't I think of that??? Duh Sophia :P I like the flower vase idea... but then I'd have to *pick* flowers, I feel weird picking out plants. But I love looking at them!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:19 am

Glass recycling is simple, easy, and helpful to the environment. Please recycle!

Because so many people come to the forum to ask about this, i shall now go add a small notice about glass recycling to the "Laying Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains" deployment and disposal page at "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice," here:

For a set of general traditional guidelines regarding disposal of ritual remains of all kinds, please see my "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web page "Laying Down Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains" from my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice:

Laying Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains in the Hoodoo Tradition

In addition, these are the forum threads that deal with ritual disposals:

Disposal of Spell Kit Remains Questions and Answers
disposal-of-spell-kit-remains-questions ... 12316.html

Disposing of Bath Water and Floor Wash Remains
disposing-of-bath-water-and-floor-wash- ... ml#p120548

Candles: Disposal of Ritual Remains
candles-disposal-of-ritual-remains-t7525.html

Using Leftover Incense Ash in Rootwork
using-leftover-incense-ash-in-rootwork-t24073.html

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:22 am

As I'm a boozehound, my immediate idea is as home to a new signature drink of some sort...
HRCC Student #2174G

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:22 am

I have extensively rewritten the section of the "Laying Tricks" page that relates to storage and disposal of supplies. You can now find the new information here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html#storage

Thanks for the feedback, folks -- it helps me know what you want me to write about and help you with!
catherine yronwode

Aina2

Unread post by Aina2 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:42 am

Hello everyone! I was doing an attraction spell on something I wanted the other day. I rolled my candle in herbs and it produced an inferno if I ever saw one. In fact, it got so out of hand, I had to put it out due to fire safety concerns. Had I let it burn out on its own, the name paper would be completely consumed in fire and there would be no wax left. After I put the fire out, I collected the remains and now I am thinking if I should dispose of them my front door step as usually done with attraction spells, or should I bury them at crossroads, since I didn't let everything burn out on its own. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Elveta

Unread post by Elveta » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Aina wrote:Hello everyone! I was doing an attraction spell on something I wanted the other day. I rolled my candle in herbs and it produced an inferno if I ever saw one. In fact, it got so out of hand, I had to put it out due to fire safety concerns. Had I let it burn out on its own, the name paper would be completely consumed in fire and there would be no wax left. After I put the fire out, I collected the remains and now I am thinking if I should dispose of them my front door step as usually done with attraction spells, or should I bury them at crossroads, since I didn't let everything burn out on its own. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I did the same thing with the road opening spell. I annointed my candles with oils and then rolled them in herbs. Too much herbs. It was a mess, not to mention a fire hazard. Needless to say, I don't think that my road opening worked too well.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:54 pm

You can dispose at the crossroad or in running water since the spell was interrupted and would have been hazardous.

RedSangria

Unread post by RedSangria » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:05 pm

I'm almost done sealing a spell. The remnants of candle, amulet, etc. have to be buried same day in a cemetery.

There were specific hours throughout this 3 day sealing when I had to light the candle. I have 2 more times left - 9 am and 3 pm. I can keep it burning only when I light it for the last time at 3 pm (Thursday) when it has to burn till the end, but there's simply no way it'll burn to completion by 3.30 or thereabouts. The huge problem is that all cemetaries in Manhattan close at 4. Unless I scale the gates, and believe me, I already considered it, there's no way I can bury the remnants that same day I conclude the ritual.

Help! Is it alright if I do it the next day or must it be on the same day, come hell or high water?

Time is of essence. Please advise.

Edited for typos bc I can't type normally on my phone. Apologies.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:16 pm

hmm dont really know what spell you are doing, but you seem to be specific to the time frame, Im from NYC and I know in some of the burrows the graveyards are open till dawn, and I know off broadway there was a cemetary (really old) by trinity chruch which ppl went and ate lunch its not gated off you can walk right in anytime. So their are options afterwards you might just have to take a trip
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:18 am

This is not anything i know about, 'cause with terms like "3 day sealing" and "burying it the same day" it sounds like you are following something you got from someone else, not from my site -- so you really ought to ask the one who gave you the spell.

We're here to help you selecting spiritual supplies and working with spells from our site -- and with up to 100 posts per day now, that's really all we have time for -- but j82 seems to know his New York cemeteries, and gave you some leads, too, so good luck!
catherine yronwode

RedSangria

Unread post by RedSangria » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:53 am

Miss Catherine - I can only imagine how busy you are. Thanks for reading this and your input. I appreciate the luck as well.

j82 - We're speaking of the same cemetery. They're now very specific about closing the gates exactly at 4 :(

missyd915

Unread post by missyd915 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:01 pm

Hi All,
I finished a 'love me' mojo hand last night and took the remaining wax (there wasn't much) to a river today for disposal, but due to heavy rain the banks of the river were muddy and it was shallow and somewhat muddy for about a foot extending from the bank. So i tried to throw it over my shoulder as far into the river as i could but some i fear landed in the shallows and not in the flowing water (i didn't have a stable footing at all as the mud was dangerously slippery lol)- should i be concerned about this? Up until this it had been very positive as my wax remains formed a perfect heart shape with little else left and im now worried that it landed in muddy stagnant water.
Thanks in advance.

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:52 pm

The best thing to always do is to toss your remains in the river and let it go. Walk away confident and with faith.

wasylena

Unread post by wasylena » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:50 pm

I'm working on a cast off evil candle. I have a name paper written underneath the candle with the person's name written 3 times and my name written across their name 3 times. I have finished the spell and I'm taking the candle remains and throwing it into a crossroads. Should I throw away the name paper with the candle wax? How are name papers and petitions normally dealt with when spells are finished? Thanks for your help

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Generally you dispose of the name paper along with the wax residue. In this case you want to remove that influence so dispose of it along with the wax.

mabsan5x5

Unread post by mabsan5x5 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:42 am

I'm going to be doing a cleansing bath for the first time. I understand you are supposed to dispose of the water at a crossroads. I have a couple questions:

1. Do you dispose all the water at the crossroads? That seems like a lot of water to be hauling.

2. In what direction to you toss the water?

3. Is there prayers or psalms to be read when disposing it?

4. Also, the closest crossroads to me is two intersecting one-way streets. Will that effect its power, the fact that it doesn't travel the four directions?

Thanks much!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:46 am

Read the "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" page called "Laying Down Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains" here:

If your questions are not answered there, also read the "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" page on "Bathing and Cleaning" at

http://luckymojo.com/baths.html

If you still have questions, come back and ask them again! :-)

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Missionary-Independent.org

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”