Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Crossroads and Crossroads Ritual: Questions and Answers

night

Re: Crossroads and Crossroads Ritual: Questions and Answers

Unread post by night » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:45 pm

ConjureMan, your posts are unfailingly kind and enlightening. I try to read them all because I learn a lot from them.

HelloKitty, I am just learning about hoodoo myself and really can't advise about portable crossroads; hopefully a more experienced practitioner will explain in more detail. Both ConjureMan and CopperFox have given plenty of alternatives; I'm sure you've understood the point that a crossroads disposal would be best and the alternatives may lessen the effectiveness of your work. jwmcclin, thelightfantastic, and Dorian all stress that conjure requires you to make a positive effort and possibly, to step outside of your comfort zone - only you can decide if it's worthwhile. I wish you the very best of luck, and keep asking questions. :)
night

seeker8448

Unread post by seeker8448 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:58 pm

My question is all you have to do is show up with my "job"? Or should I do something specific?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:45 pm

My dear, never stop asking the "why" questions. It will help you grow. I am sure no one meant to indicate you were too young to understand and hopefully our posts have helped even if just a little.

A portable crossroads is made by making a quincunx/five spot on the ground. This looks like the 5 on dice. You can do this with dirt, powders, or even tracing it out.

Remember, you only need a cupful or a small bowl of your used bathwater. A small cup that you walk to a crossroads, portable or fixed, should make things more managable.

All the best, and feel free to ask for further clarification.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Hellokitty
Newly Registered

Unread post by Hellokitty » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:52 am

And it must be 5 dots like a 5 one a dice and not an X??? Because I have watched the travel channel and there's a woman by the name of Marie LaVeau and she was the voodoo queen. And people would make a wish and put an X on her grave. Ghost Hunters went to a place which used to hold slaves and X's would be EVERYWHERE.

Anyway, so I wake up early in the morning. Trace a 5 dot X to the East. Then toss the water and never look back. and repeat. If there's anything else you want to add to that. Please don't hesitate to let me know. If not, I got it. Thanx But I'll look here again before I do the ritual. and read the ritual carefully before asking.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:33 pm

It's actually illegal to write on Marie Lavaeu's tomb, because it is defacing it. There are X's there that people have painted and drawn on, but if you caught you'll get in real trouble! The most respectful thing to do is leave 3 pennies &/or a nice offering of food/drink for her when making a petition.

The 5 points do make an X - it's creating a symbolic X-Y-Z axis, so covering all directions - N,S,E,W and up/down. Crossroads are liminal places, so having a place where all directions intersect with one another is powerful as one of these in-between points. Also, you dispose of things in the center of the crossroads so it will be dispersed away in all directions, so by putting the center mark, you are marking that center of the crossroads. Though I'm sure there are other traditional explanations of it, too.

Completely separate from crossroads disposals, I always make offering by presenting them in up, down, left, right, and then passed through the center of that cross. So you are creating a symbolic crossroads between this world and the spiritual world, and then passing the offering through into the spiritual, before placing them down on the altar.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Goldswn

Unread post by Goldswn » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Hi, I just received my reconciliation spell kit and read to throw my bath water at a crossroads and walk back into my house...This may sound as if I'm reading the directions too hard but is it possible to drive to a crossroads with my basin of water and drive back to my house or is it a must to walk cause the closest crossroads is quite a walk =). Literally can I bottle my water to make it easily carry-able? Also does it need to be a crossroad that I do not plan to ever I drive through? Thank you in advance as you can tell i'm a newbie...

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:02 am

There are a lot of folks using this forum who are inexperienced with the tradition of rootwork, conjure or hoodoo, and somehow they are picking up a lot of funky, false, and downright dippy information on the internet about the role of the crossroads in rootwork.

This post is designed to be quoted or pointed to by anyone who wishes to set straight anyone on the forum who is confused about crossroads work:

1) Read about the Crossroads here in "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" by cat yronwode:
http://luckymojo.com/crossroads.html

2) Read about the Crossroads at the "Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers" site:
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... Crossroads

3) Read about how to dispose of or deploy ritual elements and hoodoo tricks at a crossroads in this page from "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" by cat yronwode:
http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html#crossroads

4) When using a crossroads for disposal or dispersal of spell work, you do not need to make "an offering to the crossroads," in hoodoo, though that is certainly done by some folks who have been influenced by West African religions.

5) In all my many years as a worker, i have never heard that you need to avoid returning to a "used" crossroads or that you should only use a crossroads you won't pass by again. Just go to your local crossroads and do your work, but when you leave it, don't look back. (Maybe folks have confused the idea of "don't LOOK back" with "don't GO back" ? ? ? If so, get over it.)
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

neverfit

Unread post by neverfit » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:46 am

Does anyone here have a personal experience relating to "selling your soul" at the crossroads to gain talent? What talent did you gain? How long until you acheived results? Have you reached success or fame?

I HAVE read Miss Cat's page on it and many others too, I'm just curious if there's anyone here who's willing to share their personal experiences or experiences they heard of via word-of-mouth. Any help would be great! :mrgreen:

wollf

Unread post by wollf » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:17 am

could anyone write down their personal experience of this ritual?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:48 am

I think the fact that people keep asking but no one is replying beyond saying that they did this work and it helped them is indicative of the fact that this is a personal ritual that folks don't particularly want to share.

I know this question has been posted in "ask for help with your situation" -- but i don't feel like describing my personal rituals in this regard, and, in the end, it is off-topic for this forum, which was established so that my customers and clients can get help selecting and using Lucky Mojo spiritual supplies.

Not everything in conjure has a commercial component that includes spiritual supplies, and the crossroads rite is one of those personal workings that tends to be a closely held spiritual event for those who engage in it, and, as such, it seems that many people feel that it is not a "spell" that can be freely shared in a public forum.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:05 pm

ConjureMan wrote: "Historically, I believe its a musicians thing."

I beg to differ with ConjureMan. Historically, the crossroads rite has been used by actors, dancers, gamblers, and all sorts of people who wish to increase their manual dexterity, performance skills, and charismatic public presence.

The earliest massive series of accounts of this ritual as performed by African Americans in the US South was collected by Harry M. Hyatt in the 1930s. His informants included many who were not musicians, and who sought other skills, such as the ability to shoot dice and win or the ability to tap dance. Therefore this rite can be shown to be by no means have been historically confined to musicians.

I myself worked this rite to increase my skill as a card reader. I knew i already had psychic abilities, and i was a good astrologer, palmist, and numerologist, but i wanted to gain specific skills when it came to physically handling the cards in a deft and flowing manner. I got what i asked for and i am a well-known and successful card reader to this day.
catherine yronwode

Exu pimenta

Unread post by Exu pimenta » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi there,

I love this topic, as my African diasporic Quimbanda religious-magical tradition uses both the T and X roads.

In our tradition, T roads are for the spirit of Pomba gira (npambu nzila) who deals with sex and lust and passion. Again in Quimbanda we use the X roads for works for Exu (Eshu), who is similar to the hoodoo the Black man of the crossroads. And I know Cat wrote about the hoodoo crossroads rite on her web pages and Eshu is mentioned there.

In hoodoo I think the X is preferred. I've never heard anyone using a T crossroad, but some of Harry Hyatt's hoodoo informants mentioned the Y crossroads.

Exu Pimenta

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:58 pm

HelloKitty, you say you live in Alabama. There is no place in Alabama that is 35 miles from a crossroads. Conjure developed in the US South. Look around you -- there are roads and crossroads everywhere.

I can't drive because my eyesight is bad, and i live in a rural small town area, so i have to walk to a crossroads, and oh, yes, i am 62 years old. There are crossroads in every direction from my home, some a quarter-mile, some a mile, and i have a place on my property where two grden paths cross, and that's a crossroads too. People can make a portable crossroads on an altar, but that's not much use for disposal. You can make one in the back yard, and bury things in the center of the 5-spot.

HelloKitty, if you really want to learn hoodoo, read my online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice."

My "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" page on crossroads works is here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/crossroads.html

My "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" page on laying tricks and disposing of ritual remains is here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

The Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers (AIRR) page on the crossroads, written by Professor Charles Porterfield and myself, is here:

http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... Crossroads

If you have any further questions, after reading those pages, just ask!

And, as others noted, this forum has a search box that appears at the top of every page and you can search for the word "crossroads" or "sunrise" or anything else that may be of interest to you, and read previous conversations on those topics.
catherine yronwode

pcheri

Unread post by pcheri » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:53 pm

This is really interesting, I definitely want to try this.

So, it's done on 9 straight nights, at midnight or dawn? And take the object of your choice, that's all?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:02 pm

Some do it on 9 Sundays rather than 9 straight nights. There are several variations. Some recommend 7 days (straight or weekly), and some say 3 (straight or weekly. These variations come from different family and community traditions in the South, as taught by a wide array of tradtional, old-school, rural African American conjure workers.
catherine yronwode

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:57 pm

I actually read a bit more on the subject since that post, but I stand corrected Miss cat.

I even read about how others did the crossroads rite to learn how to conjure to throw powders.

pcheri

Unread post by pcheri » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:25 am

Thanks cat,

oh theres something else I forgot to ask, how long are you supposed to stay at the crossroad?

I know that on the 9th day one is supposed to see the black man, but what about the other days? Should you notice something different each day?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:35 am

Please read the accounts at

http://www.luckymojo.com/crossroads.html

where you will see details such as, "On your successive visits you may witness the mysterious appearances of a series of animals."
catherine yronwode

pcheri

Unread post by pcheri » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Thanks once again.

This is my final question, now my sister and I want to try this ritual. Is it okay if we go together to the crossroads or does it interfere? Hehe we're both a bit fraidy cat. How long should we stay there?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:18 pm

I have never heard of two people going together in old, historical accounts. I think the rite is personal and singular in its nature.

Stay there at least 15 minutes, but better to stay until the Sun rises, however long that takes.
catherine yronwode

PL6

Unread post by PL6 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:37 am

Hi Everyone,

Longtime reader, first time posting.

1. I was curious about the time spent too, till the sun rises sounds like a long time, but 15 minutes will do?
For the people who performed this, I understand it's personal in nature but info like this would be helpful, technicalities.
2. I suppose it would be hard to find a deserted crossroads, it would be awkward for someone to see you there.
3. Would a portable crossroads suffice?

Thanks.

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:58 pm

PL6

From what I understand, you can spend as much time as you like at any crossroads you choose. 15 minutes would probably be a good minimum amount as you do want to show proper respect. I spoke to someone who performed the rites at a crossroads in the middle of the city, so I'm guessing it doesn't have to necessarily be a deserted crossroads. I'm sure a quiet, deserted crossroad would be ideal though.

I'm not entirely sure if a portable crossroads would suffice.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

PL6

Unread post by PL6 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:51 am

Thanks for the reply.

I agree that a portable crossroads wouldn't suffce and you should show respect, so 15 minutes sounds like a good minimum.

Even in a country setting I would be so nervous if someone drove by...they might stop to see if you're up to no good as I doubt they would know what you're doing. Or worse if someone drove by and recognized you!

I'm all into the hard work and respect, but privacy is an issue for me. See my dilemma?

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:12 am

I can relate. Privacy is likely an issue for all of us who perform this kind of work (meaning hoodoo in general).

I certainly don't have easy access to a country crossroads, so I make do. Most of us have to do that. My desire to get the work done and achieve all I possibly can outweighs the possibility that someone I know will see me or someone might ask what I'm doing at a crossroads at midnight. I've had people stop and do just that and I didn't die of embarrassment or anything. Who cares if they think you're weird! :lol:
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

Buttercup

Unread post by Buttercup » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:12 am

I've been considering doing this Rite for some time now(not sure yet I'm ready though). I was just wondering,what if you want to master a musical instrument that is too big and you cannot carry it to the crossroads(in my case a piano)? What could I carry with me that would symbolise what I want correctly?

PL6

Unread post by PL6 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:05 am

Buttercup

That's a good quesion. Maybe a cheap electronic keyboard from a dept. store?
At least you could use your fingerings.

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Sat May 08, 2010 2:22 am

So, in this day and age when streets and roads are ubiquitous, what constitutes a "crossroads" for the purposes of hoodoo and witchcraft? Will any two streets intersecting each other do, or is there a preferred set of circumstances that make an intersection a magical "crossroads"?

If I were to want to make the Devil's Deal, what sort of "crossroads" is the most likely to meet him? ;)
HRCC Student #2174G

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat May 08, 2010 8:45 am

You should go here:

http://hoodoorootwork.blogspot.com/2005 ... magic.html

...and listen to the hour long discussion on Crossroads Magic. It will clear up a lot...

Good luck!
-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

gettingmyloveback

Unread post by gettingmyloveback » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Ok, so I've scaaned the forums, and the articles about my question but don't think its been answered. I have worked with several practicioners some, which have sent me items. Example, I was told to put the other womans pic in a jar of vinegar and put it behind my toilet and two "dolls" one with a pic of my husband and one with pic of me under our bed. I'm almost 100% sure it didn't work. How should I dispose of these things? I really don't want my husband to see them. If they didn't work do they still need to be disposed of properly or can they just be thrown away? If so, how? not 100% how to. Also, I want to do this bf I start lucky mojo items. Thanks!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:51 pm

How do you know they didnt work? But anyways to answer your question, yes you need to dispose of them properly even when you think it failed. You can break the vinegar jar in the crossroads if you want.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:55 pm

Crossroads are a good area for disposal of these items. It will disperse the energy for you.

rs_09

Unread post by rs_09 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Pardon me if this question has been asked. I checked the forum, but found no specific answer.
To dispose of spell remnants can one drive to a crossroads and toss the items out of a moving car window? For example, I wondered if I could drive "out of my way" to an area I do not frequent to dispose of separations remnants. I would not want to dispose of these items in an area where I drive often. Is that appropriate? Do I have to park and walk to dispose of my items? I think that would be difficult because then I would have to turn around to return to my vehicle. Thanks for your thoughts!

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:36 pm

Great question rs09. I will share what I did on Friday with my disposal for a banishing spell... Yes, you do have to get out of your car. Do a "three point turn around"-- turn the car around approximately 10-20 feet from the center of the crossroads then get out of the car and throw over your left shoulder-- or whatever the spell calls for-- it was thrown over my left shoulder, and I actually walked backwards to the point! :)

If yours is a bath washing... check the instructions... mine was banishing with hotfoot. I took it into a neighborhood I do not go into and was instructed to take it nine blocks away by my rootworker, so I drove nine blocks into an area I know I would not frequently go!

The awesome thing is that I GOT A SIGN RIGHT THERE as I was doing it!!!

Best of wishes in all your work!

Be Blessed.
---Triplethreat
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:39 pm

Thank you for this CopperFox! You just gave me a solution to getting rid of some things! I can't believe I didn't think outside the box enough to realize this on my own. *feels stupid now*
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

thewriteguy

Unread post by thewriteguy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:08 pm

First and foremost, I don't want to offend anyone, if there was already a thread on this then I truly apologize. I also want to say that I respect everyone on here. I have gained a lot of knowledge through this forum and site.

With that out of the way..... Here is the situation at hand.. I have a friend who wants to do a crossroads ritual in regards to her singing. I know people do crossroads rituals for talents pertaining to their hands (dice, guitar, etc) but I don't think I've ever heard of anyone going there for singing. Is this possible? Sorry if this sounds odd but I don't know what to tell her in regards to this. I look forward to the great answers I will recieve. Thank you all so much in advance.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:46 pm

Yes, you can do the crossroads ritual to enhance your skill at anything.

thewriteguy

Unread post by thewriteguy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:06 pm

thank you very much Devi. i appreciate it very much.

Curiosity
Newly Registered

Unread post by Curiosity » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:43 am

So, I am doing some PAY ME and some CUT & CLEAR candle work with excellent results so far (Thanks Lucky Mojo!!!!!). I was wondering--about these specific spells and just in general--could an urban intersection be considered a crossroads? I'm thinking here about disposing my spell remains--especially with the cut & clear I want the leftovers far, far away. Would it be wise to put the remains in a trash can at a busy urban corner?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:09 am

Crossroads exist anywhere paths/roads cross - even in the middle of the city. So, yes you can dispose of your items at an urban crossroads.

nena1974

Unread post by nena1974 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:38 am

what exactly is a crossroad?

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:55 am

Where two roads or paths cross.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Curiosity
Newly Registered

Unread post by Curiosity » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Thanks!

Faithfully

Unread post by Faithfully » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi,

My passion and love is for all things music. I love to sing and have someone listen to me and I hope one day I can have a whole stadium of people listen to me.

I have taken vocal lessons and have come to the realization that I am not the best singer out there. I love singing, but I want other people to enjoy my singing too.

Is there a way a spell can help me sing better or have a vocal range similar to the best singers out there?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:52 pm

The classic spell employed by musicians to gain skills is the Crossroads rite. Read about it here:

You could also purchase and carry a Blues Boy Special Mojo Hand, which is made especially for musicains.

BLUES BOY SPECIAL MOJO HAND
For musicians and music fans who want a mojo bag that contains all those special things they sing about in the blues, we make a red flannel bag fixed with John the Conqueror Root, Lucky Hand Root, Lodestone, Black Cat charm, Rabbit Foot, Alligator Tooth, and many other items, dressed with New Orleans Style Fast Luck Oil. Ask for The Blues Boy Special.
$20.00
MH1-COM-BLUE
catherine yronwode

Faithfully

Unread post by Faithfully » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:12 pm

I am interested in buying the Blues Boy Special Triple Strength Mojo Hand instead of the regular Blues Boy Special Mojo Hand.

As a beginner, is something that you recommend?

How would I use the bag? Would I just carry it around and eventually my singing ability will get better?

'Thanks again for your help!

Faithfully

Unread post by Faithfully » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:28 pm

Okay, I have thought about it and I would like to buy the Blues Boy Special Triple Strength Mojo Hand. Is there anything else you recommend me buying to get the desired singing voice I want?
One last question, for the night, I PROMISE!, i feel bad asking so many questions. Hope you are not annoyed. How exactly will the Blues Boy Special Triple Strength Mojo Hand effect me? If I want to sound EXACTLY like Demi Lovato, will I? I love her voice so much. And what do I have to do on my part to help make the effect greater?

Thank you so much!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:26 pm

annette2009 good luck on your spell. The Mojo is yours to personalize with personal items according to the instructions which will be included. You have the power to work it as you see fit. Enjoy!
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Faithfully

Unread post by Faithfully » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:46 pm

I just ordered the Blues Boy Special Triple Strength Mojo Hand!
I'm so excited!
Thank yall so much for the help!

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:21 pm

Just adding... http://www.luckymojo.com/patronsaints.html
these are a list of the Catholic Saints and particularly Saint Gabriel, Who is also An Archangel, (Radio) and Saint Cecilia and Saint Gregory.(singers)
Great luck on stage to you!!!
Be Blessed!!!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:24 pm

Annette, you asked, "If I want to sound EXACTLY like Demi Lovato, will I?"

That would be a matter of the physical structure of your vocal chords, hon. You can certainly sing more like her, but there is a huge genetic factor here, and magic cannot change genetics.
catherine yronwode

Faithfully

Unread post by Faithfully » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:08 am

Catherine, jwmcclin suggest that i be cleansed. Should I order the cleansing project, or is it not neccessary?

Faithfully

Unread post by Faithfully » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:12 am

Also, I was reading the crossroads page, and I was having a hard time understanding what exactly it is I do or say for a spell to get a better singing voice.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:36 am

For the crossroads spell you go and wait at the crossroads overnight for the prescribed number of nights with your intent in mind. At some point a spirit entity will visit you and aid you. There's no "spell" per se - it's a ritual.

Cleansing baths are always a good idea before embarking on any spiritual work. 13-Herb Bath and Van Van are good choices.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:31 pm

Cleansing baths help to clear out any negativity, crossed conditions, or anything else that may be holding you back. It gives you a cleans slate from which you and build. It is great practice and I second the recommendations of Devi.

Faithfully

Unread post by Faithfully » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:51 pm

I read up on the crossroads ritual and in my searches in Google, I read that you do not have to go to an actual crossroads, but you can draw one instead.
Does anyone know if this is true?
I already ordered a Blues Boy Special Mojo Hand and also a Crown of Success Spell Kit.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:08 pm

This rite must be done at a real and actual crossroads. You have confused the crossroads ritual with creation of small portable altar crossroads for working or for disposal. You need to study this stuff and really learn it from a teacher. You cannot just get it off the internet. I am glad to help you here to a limited extent, but this forum is not a teaching class.

Thread bundled with other threads on crossroads.
catherine yronwode

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:24 pm

annette2009, here is the link I mentioned early, it has a lot of very good and clear information about the History of Hoodoo http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

Since you have a sincere interest, after you have become a frequent customer of LM, you might consider taking the course cat offers and please consider purchasing her book that details information on herbs and roots used in hoodoo. http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html

Here is course information: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

Good Luck in your search for knowledge, we are here to help you.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

beautiful

Unread post by beautiful » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:25 pm

BATHING WITH HERBAL BATH CRYSTALS

Before dawn dissolve half the packet of Love Me Bath Crystals into a tub of hot water. Pour the water over your head 9 times as you say the 23rd Psalm and name what you want. Air-dry yourself and collect a basin of the used bath water, which now has your essence in it. Dress in fresh, clean clothes, carry the basin of bath-water to a crossroads and throw the water toward the sunrise in the East. Walk back home and don't look back.

Is a crossroad like a T' section? Does it have to be a dirt road or can it just be a street? The water must be thrown towards the sunrise correct or just in the direction the sunrises?

CLEANING UP

It is important to properly dispose of ritual remains. Because these are magic spells for good luck, you may want to keep the remains around your home. Wrap up any left-over candle wax, incense ashes, and used sachet powders in a piece of cloth. Secure and tie it with thread or string. Bury it in your back yard.

Will this affect the spell in the future if these things are dug out by someone in the future?

I just need to make sure.
[color=#8040FF][i]you are beautiful no matter what they say...[/i][/color]

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:35 pm

In conjure and hoodoo a crossroads is any place where two roads meet and cross. They form an "X."

See:
and
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... Crossroads

Toss your water towards the East--the idea being that the east is the direction of drawing something and increasing. I've never had the problem of someone digging up work that I've buried near my house. I'm not sure what they'd go digging for unless you've specifically buried an enemy trick near someone's doorstep and they need to get rid of it.

beautiful

Unread post by beautiful » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:59 pm

Where can I find a crossroad where I live? I can't walk to a cross road if it's so far away. Would driving there and not looking back after throwing that water to the east be ok?

What I mean is in the sense like you moved away from the home you used to live and the new owner decide to do some changes like gardening for example and they find what you buried (left overs like wax, ashes etc.) Would it affect the spell of the discovered material if the new owner or stranger found it by accident? Digging it out and tossing it in the trash would it hurt the spell?

How deep are you suppose to buried these left overs anyways?
[color=#8040FF][i]you are beautiful no matter what they say...[/i][/color]

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”