Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Graveyard Dirt Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
Sassenach84

Re: Graveyard Dirt Questions and Answers

Unread post by Sassenach84 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:47 am

I have two questions to add to this. What do you do with everything after it has worked? Do you leave it under the bed forever?

My second one is more complicated. I saw a worker about getting my ex back and she helped me make a honey jar spell but there was more to it. I put photos that were part of it under my carpet and she said he needs to step on or over them. My problem is getting him to come over.

With a graveyard dirt spell can I petition to my fathers spirit for help to get my ex to come and to assist the honey jar spell? Or am I going to undermine the other work?

Africanqueen

Unread post by Africanqueen » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:33 am

what of if you are from another country and don.t have a grave to go for the dirt

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:29 am

Africanqueen

Than you can not do the spell can you? There are tons of love spells out there, so its easy to find one you can do. LuckyMojo has a huge list of the archived here: http://www.luckymojo.com/spells.html#red
HRCC Student #1559

monsieurX

Unread post by monsieurX » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:08 pm

For the people who tried this, how long did it take until results started to show?

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Africanqueen wrote:what of if you are from another country and don.t have a grave to go for the dirt
Please read through this thread as this question has already been answered. If you can't get a loved one's graveyard dirt, try dirt from a grave that speaks to you. Push come to shove, try the graveyard dirt LM sells. You may or may not get results this way. No one here can tell you for sure if you will so just try if you're so inclined.
monsieurX wrote:For the people who tried this, how long did it take until results started to show?
Since all spells are different (because of differing situations, people, etc), an "average" manifestation time is fairly useless and will usually only serve to frustrate and disappoint you. What happens quickly for someone else may not for you (and vice versa).
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

GIFTEDHANDS

Unread post by GIFTEDHANDS » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:16 am

Hi All,
Im looking for a little advice please!

I have made my ancestors altar & i'm quite happy with it. it's small but perfect to me!
I have only had it for a few weeks & i have placed fresh flowers & offerd cake & Gen (her drink of choice !!!) by the way its my grandmoms grave if it matters!

I also went to the grave colllected & paid for the Grave dirt & it sits on the altar.

However it seems like when i first set up the altar i was dreaming more frequently & now not so much!

have i done something wrong? should i be more patient?
And how exactly do i ask for their help? If i'm doing a candle spell Can i place it on this same altar?

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Unread post by J Simulcik » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:20 pm

I would be patient; there could be many reasons you aren't remembering dreams right now. As for asking for help, it's your grandmother...talk to her, tell her your problems, successes, whatever is happening in your life. You can certainly place candle work on an ancestor's table, but I would only do so if it is work that you are asking your ancestors for help with.
HRCC Student #1339

GIFTEDHANDS

Unread post by GIFTEDHANDS » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:23 pm

Thanks! :P

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:56 am

Why don't you set a glass of water on your ancestor altar in the morning, and ask your ancestors to bless it during the day so that you can better communicate with them in your dreams. Then drink the glass of water before you go to bed.

olukumi

Unread post by olukumi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:18 pm

Your information on Graveyard dirt to protect one's home says to use dirt from a loved one's grave. What if they were cremated? Can I substitute ashes of a loved one for graveyard dirt. I'm losing my house to foreclosure and I'm sure my uncle would be very happy to help as he was always there loving and helping in life.

Thanks Arly

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:45 pm

do you have a beloved pet grave, a family grave at all? you can collect from all of the above. I have a family member in a tomb above ground I use the dust that collects and it works the same for me.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

olukumi

Unread post by olukumi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:19 pm

Thanks for quick reply. No family grave or pets grave. I have my uncle and my dog's ashes in urns in my house. My parents wished their ashes be disposed at sea.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:21 pm

To Olokumi,

The spell calls for graveyard dirt. Period. Without graveyard dirt, you cannot perform that spell.

That's just how it is.

I am not trying to single you out, and i hope you don't take this the wrong way, but all over this forum i see continual requests -- in some cases, actual demands -- for convenient "substitutions" and "alternatives" for traditional folk-magic items that cannot be easily procured.

Sure, in some cases, there are substitutions available -- but in other cases, there are not.

In your case, sure, go ahead and try working with the ashes -- you have every right to try -- but ashes are not the same as graveyard dirt. They've been burned to ash -- a significant magical act.

But consider performing other anti-foreclosure work for which you can get traditional ingredients.

To Sassenach84,

The spell calls for your loved one stepping over the items. Without that action, the spell is not going to work.

Good luck
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:30 pm

I was going to post this in the graveyard dirt thread because it's what inspired it but then thought perhaps it deserves its own thread...

I have been doing some work on a beloved cat... I have the ashes of a late beloved cat who died from this same cancer. He, like my young sick cat, was a brown tabby.

do you think adding some of his ashes to a mojo would be helpful, or use in some other way?

He was SUCH a sweetheart-- he could be jealous but he was very protective of me and I think he would help, if he could.

are there traditional spells that use ashes?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:44 pm

The use of ashes is found in old-school hoodoo, but rather rarely, mostly when large and ungainly items such as shoes have to be reduced to ash to be used in a spell.

I would not say that ashes are the same as graveyard dirt, because they have been reduced to pure minerals and in the process certain essences have been eliminated from them (you can grow flowers in dirt, but not in pure ash), but give it a try.
catherine yronwode

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:48 pm

Thanks! I wasn't thinking of substituting, it's just that that thread got me thinking whether the ashes of a beloved cat might help a beloved cat.

Good point about the flowers...anyway, I will try it. Thanks!!!

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:02 am

i may put this spell into use if necessary. i have a family plot that i can visit of 5 or so relatives. my gramps died last year and he knows my ex..he adored her. im positive he will aid me if i request it. i know hed ask for vodka or whiskey. and who mentioned the planting flowers thing is genious.

do ya get a bottle of the booze and leave it there whole or splash some down around the grave area? why is this spell not for the faint of heart?
HRCC Graduate # 1684G
Thank you St. Michael for your fierce protection

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:15 am

wraithklewn, you are asking about the use of graveyard dirt in a love spell, it seems. Please try to learn more about paying for graveyard dirt. While an offering of liquor and flowers may be nice, it is not the taditional way to pay for the dirt -- which is with coins.

Read more about graveyard dirt here:

http://luckymojo.com/graveyarddirt.html

I have no idea why "miss dana j" / Dana (missdanaj [at] geocities.com) -- who posted the spell to usenet in 1998 (and who was thus quoted on my web page) -- would say that the graveyard dirt love spell "is not for the faint hearted" unless she came from a culture that was aversive to contact with the dead.

Each culture has its own norms in regard to contact with corpses and graves and those who are from corpse-aversive and graveyard-fearful cultures often like to try to spread their fears into cultures that are not thus inclined. Just ignore them.
catherine yronwode

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:19 am

oh im sorry Ms. Cat. yes i know about paying with coins too i read the whole thread. just a bit distracted to mention i knew of the coins payment. thank you for the advice you are always so kind in sharing:)

and my gramps was a retired navy man. so i know for sure he would get the job done
HRCC Graduate # 1684G
Thank you St. Michael for your fierce protection

Sassenach84

Unread post by Sassenach84 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:59 pm

I have a question. I started my spell last week on the 20th. I collected the dirt on Easter Sunday, paid for it in the proper way. It was from my father's grave. My question is, he didn't have a headstone or a plaque so I had to kind of just guess at where the heart of his grave was. I'm almost sure I didn't really get the spot right, but I did collect from over his body at the very least. Will that affect my spell?

I did get one sign from it all, my ex came to see me the day after I put the whole spell together. Is that a good sign that it is working? More importantly, I want to know if I didn't collect from the "heart" will that hurt my spell work?

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Mon May 31, 2010 4:30 pm

My grandfather had the same name as me, and I'm going to go buy some graveyard dirt from his grave. This seems like a huge opportunity, since we're related directly AND we have the same name, what risks am I running? It seems like it would be rather special if I'm thinking correctly.
HRCC Student #2174G

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon May 31, 2010 5:21 pm

No risks - just make sure to pay for the dirt. I wouldn't say that simply having his name makes it more "powerful" - whatever relationship you had with him with mean more in the end.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Mon May 31, 2010 6:27 pm

Devi Spring

I never met the man, he died two decades before I was born.
HRCC Student #2174G

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:05 pm

You can still speak with him on a regular basis. Furthermore, you can build an altar dedicated to him with his favorite things, and pictures of him. I would light a white light to him every night ask for his assistance. You can leave flowers at his grave regularly as well. But believe it or not you can build a relationship with him now, and ask that he aid you in your time of need.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:12 am

Yes, the relationship you WILL build, having not known him previously, will be the important part of the work.

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Eerie message from the ancestors, actually, that happened today...

I was wearing Master Key oil and cleaning my dad's house out (long story...), and I found all of this geneology work that he had done and not told any of us, and lo and behold my entire family line is right smack dab in Conjure Country (Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana), and I'm also part Cherokee. The list goes back to the 17th century. Then I had some memories of folk traditions I had heard about as a kid but never knew were conjure.

Really, really weird that this stuff comes up as soon as I start thinking about it, I think I'm in for an adventure.
HRCC Student #2174G

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:12 pm

Hmm... that is very interesting. It seems your ancestors are very eager to work with you. I would continue to have them speak to you, and perhaps lead you, and protect you on your journey to learn more about conjure.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:46 am

Yea, I would definitely take that as a sign you're on the right track!

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:01 pm

It just gets progressively weirder... I wound up with an heirloom mantel clock today that my relatives have been feuding over for YEARS, and it was just handed to me and I was told it was mine. I was never expecting an inheritance, and this thing was originally owned by the grandfather I'm working with, it was a gift on his wedding day.

This was not supposed to happen, because lawsuits have occurred over this thing, that's how important it is to my family.

Goosebumps!
HRCC Student #2174G

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:53 am

That is all great to hear! Keep it up!

Good luck to you,

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

jumanja

Unread post by jumanja » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:17 am

Cognitivedissonance:

The ancestors play an extremely important role in life among the living. I always ask their intersession with my work and they have never failed me. I am fortunate to have a very strong ancestor Spirit who guides, protects and helps me through this life. She is my main guide and has been there all of my life. Perhaps, as Devi states, this Spirit is the one who will be your guide and protector as you move forward in life.

You should show respect and venerate the Spirits of your ancestors and this one in particular on a daily basis. They will help you and you will notice it if you pay attention!

When I do work I also ask for the assistance of the ancestors of the person I am working with. As I was taught this was the respectful thing to do and often will aid in the strength of the work.

gettingmyloveback

Unread post by gettingmyloveback » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:13 pm

What do grasshoppres or crickets mean? I don't know which it was, but one was in my room, and the day my rootworker and I started our work for love there was a grasshopper in the dressing room I was in. Odd. Didn't know if it had any meaning. Thanks

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:32 pm

You can look up and find the symbolism of those on google or any other search. OR you can get a reading and see if there is any significance.

gettingmyloveback

Unread post by gettingmyloveback » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:38 pm

I have looked it up, and nothing in regards to hoodoo was found. I posted here bc she got an answers about spiders I thought I could get an answer about grasshoppers. Thanks.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:48 pm

Someone related spiders to Voodoo not hoodoo. I mean signs and omens are not really going to be related to hoodoo anyways unless you get a reading or some kind of divination. I mean it could just be that its summer time and all the bugs are coming out. Or it could be indicative of your work. A reading would clarify this.

sonny256

Unread post by sonny256 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:47 am

just a quick question,,, is it better to use fresh graveyard dirt when performing spells? or if you have some that was left over from a previous spell could you use it? any advice would be good, just doing some research for future purposes.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:00 pm

Depends on if that spirit is also willing or appropriate for the new case. You may want to do a divination to find out if they are and if they're willing to help on that. If not, then go back and find an appropriate grave for your work with a willing spirit.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:49 pm

Devi is correct. It depends on the spirit you are working with. There are a few ways of collecting graveyard dirt that can come in handy for those who use graveyard dirt more frequently, or are professional rootworkers.

Go to the graveyard and find a spirit that is willing to work with you on a number of cases. Rather than seeking a spirit specifically for hotfooting, or break up or whatever, ask and seek one that is willing to work with you on a regular basis. Offer payment for them helping you out in things like court cases, break ups etc. This way you have graveyard dirt that you can use for a number of cases.

Lucky Mojo also sells graveyard dirt that they collect from a number of willing spirits so their dirt can be used for a number of cases.

MIN-GRA-DIRT
Graveyard Dirt
$4.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

sonny256

Unread post by sonny256 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:25 am

so how would i know if the spirit is willing to help? and is it best to collect the dirt at night? or doesnt it make a differance?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:48 am

It doesn't make a difference 'when' you collect the dirt, that's your preference. ...and you will know if the spirit is willing but it has been mentioned before and I think Devi also mentioned above, workers who work with spirits are professionals and they know what to do. This type of work is not to be taken lightly...read the forum on incidents that occurred.

Read here what cat discusses about Graveyard Dirt and collecting it...http://www.luckymojo.com/graveyarddirt.html
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Darth Rosa

Unread post by Darth Rosa » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi Sonny256,

Because you're doing research on graveyard dirt, I am sure you'd like others to share their experiences.

Personally, I have been told (and have noticed), that each cemetary is spiritually unique!! Some cemetaries are more spritually active than others, and some cemetaries are largely abandoned with very little activity, but you could probably still seek out the ghosts that guard that particular location. My point is, often times the rules are different about what you can take in regards to graveyard dirt.

Some ghostly guards might allow you take the graveyard dirt without payment, but others will certainly take issue such as the ones in the more modern cemetaries! It is variable, hence why many people say different things about taking graveyard dirt. A good way to find out for sure, is to seek out the ghostly guards of that cemetary, and ask permission and see what they say.

Early on in my training, I got someone else to take graveyard dirt, from my grandmother's grave, and that person did so without payment! This was a more modern cemetary. When the person gave me the dirt, I ended up putting the dirt aside, when I went back to go get it, the graveyard dirt went missing. It was no where to be found! Basically, what happened was the dirt was CONFISCATED, but that was all, nothing bad happened to me or this person. In that case, I should have paid for the dirt. Ooops!

Anyhow, to answer your questions, I believe that no matter how old the dirt is, it is still blessed and sanctified and can be used for any purpose! In my opinion, graveyard dirt is an ALL PURPOSE dirt, and can be utilized in almost any kind of spell work. Although, if I had some that was left over from previous work, the only thing I would be concerned about is if the dirt still had the "essence" of the prior purpose within it, because I may not want those energies mixing in with another spell. Unless, I have the dirt symbolizing a loved one, or a specific ghost, that may aid me in my purpose then I don't see an issue in re-using the remains of the dirt.

Now this is just personal opinion and conjecture, and I am pretty sure that someone is bound to disagree with me and want to slap me silly, but take my experiences and leave it for your research. :-)

Never take anyone's word as the sole truth, be bold enough to experiment, and try different things with the dirt! :-)

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:03 pm

In hoodoo you can't take graveyard dirt with out paying for it, period, its a rather vital part of the tradition.
HRCC Student #1559

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:35 am

Please be cautious about personal experience versus tradition. This forum is based on the traditional workings of hoodoo. In hoodoo you pay for the dirt and enter into the contract with the spirit. Graveyard dirt is not all-purpose unless you specifically seek out a spirit that is willing to work with you on a number of different issues, or is willing to become more than a one-time helper. Neither is graveyard dirt going to carry the essence of the previous work. Instead the dirt is the physical receptical of the spirit you are working with.

The methods of gathering graveyard dirt are myriad and vary according to region, however there are commonalities of tradition that should be adhered to. First you enter seeking a spirit willing to aid you in either particular endeavor, or willing to help you in conjure work generally. For example some conjurers have graveyard dirt from a spirit that will willingly help them in works of protection, darker work, and even love work. While other conjure doctors will seek out a specific spirits for different purposes: one for protection, one for dark work etc. The commonality lies in the fact that after locating such a spirit you enter into an agreement with the spirit by giving them payment. This payment includes coins, but sometimes also includes things like whiskey/rum, flowers, colognes, water and sometimes even food.

Once the payment is made you gather the dirt and again tradition gives various methods of doing so. Some gather from the head stone, the foot stone, some scoop a handful, some dig a few inches down and scoop up the dirt, some get it from over the heart, some from the hands. Etc. Follow what draws you so long as you remain within the boundaries of tradition.

Good luck in your quest.

StarLover we are not here to pounce and disagree at everything you say, but please understand that those of us who have made hoodoo our lives have an obligation to ensure that the beauty of its tradition is preserved. There is a great drive to try to bring non-traditional concepts into our spiritual practice and while hoodoo is a living tradition that is constantly growing that does not mean that we simply do away with the roots of tradition. In order for what we do to be called hoodoo it needs to continue in line of the tradition that gave birth to it. While your personal experience may differ, remember this is a forum for Lucky Mojo products as used in *traditional* conjure. Experimentation and growth is welcomed, so long as it doesn't turn into willy nilly "do whatever feels right."
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Sandi

Unread post by Sandi » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:01 am

I visited a graveyard this weekend to collect some dirt before finding and reading this thread. I didn't realize payment was necessary. I already used the dirt in a couple candle spells last night. I intend to go back today to offer payment & apologies.

My question - should I snuff out the two candles I am burning that are using the graveyard dirt and start over or will going back today to make amends override my wrong?

thanks

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:16 am

I think you are okay with working with the dirt, but you need to make sure you go back and give a payment. I think you are okay, and ask that the spirit of the grave dirt you gathered help in your spell work.

barca

Unread post by barca » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:56 am

Just wondering- How long do you need to have it under your bed? When you remove it - will that end the spell?

Would be nice to know

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:34 am

This thread is very informative, including the link to Miss Cat's page.

I am going to see my Grandfather tomorrow. He is buried almost an hour from where I live in a country cemetary. He helped raise me and was like a Daddy. We were very spiritually connected in life and are spiritually connected since he passed. We were so spiritually connected that on the very day that he passed away (I was 752 miles away), but that day I called my Mom and told her not to let my Uncle (his only Son) don't let him go home (200 miles away), Go be with him he is going to die in the next 2-3 hours. I was correct. The sorrow as I type was immense.

My Uncle contacted a psychic after Pepa died. I had given something to Pepa all by myself the day he was burried I went to the funeral home before anyone got there to have MY TIME with him.I gave him a note and tucked it in his pocket of a double breasted suit. None of my family members knew of this.
Four months after my Uncle called me and asked me if I had put anything in or around his coffin. I had to sit down. "He wants you to know, he received the note and is pleased."

I feel his presence in the family home. He has also shown me he is there through electrical toys that turn on by themselves. He is out on the sun porch (enclosed)mostly, sometimes in the kitchen and in the back of the house. He liked the sunporch because he could smoke his pipe out there.

It has been raining all week here-- my only concern. I am borrowing a car to go visit him mine will not make it. I am planning on taking the dimes and a penny (He'd say..."Keep a penny in your pocket and you'll never be broke!) and I have whisky, but I also thought about a beer (putting a little in a shot glass) and tobacco. He only drank beer when he fished and sometimes on hot days in the summer after tending to the yard. He was an animal magnet. He was a Retired Air Force Colonel. He was the Patriarch of the family. I miss him in the natural relm and I love him for eternity.

So finally, after sharing one of my most private and near to my heart stories, to the question: The beer in the shot glass and the tobacoo. I was thinking of placeing the coins on the head stone. Should I bury a little tobacco and pour the shot of beer into a small hole at the grave (for the purposes of payment after I have asked for permission and assistance)?

Thank you in advance.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:56 pm

First of all, let me say that you were and are very blessed to have such a wonderful person in your family and as a friend in the world of spirit. Now as for your method of payment, it sounds good to me. There are many different ways of paying for dirt and yours sounds good and traditional. :)
HRCC Student #1559

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:16 pm

...HailDiscordia (tearing up) I love YOU!!!! May you be Blessed and Blessed and Blessed.
I had been literally waiting by the board today because this is so important to me.

In the last two hours, I left to do some research. I finally figured out how to do something that is now crystal clear, (involving a work/career related project separate) and I came back to the board one last time, and there was your post.
Thank you more than you could possibly imagine!!!

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:03 pm

Good evening. I am in need of some help and I really would appreciate it. It has been raining in our area for the last 7-9 days. I went to the Cemetary today, and just got home. (from the person's home whose car I had to borrow to get in the country) It did not rain for 3 hours in "his area". (the vacinity of his grave site) The light came through, although not completely sunlight. two small patches of blue. It started to rain as soon as I left. Pretty awesome Huh? !!!

My Grandfather's grave had gravel-- the size of a dime ish. I did take a small scoop and even have some gravel rock from the head, hands, heart and feet. I do not want this to ruin, or to mold or to disrepect, so PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.
Thank you ALL with love ... very emotional tonight.
---Triplethreat

mojojake

Unread post by mojojake » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:12 pm

What I do to dry mine out, before I use it to make dust is I spread it out on a towel; and let it air dry.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:15 pm

I took zip lock baggies and have them labled. Common sense to me dictated open them up so I did.
I need the "contents there of" to be secure, and am unsure as to litterally "dump out" on a piece of newspaper. If left in the pastic IT will ruin.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:17 pm

Sorry Mojo, we must have been posting simultaneously. Thanks for your response. It is greatly appreciated.
What do you think of the paper idea????

mojojake

Unread post by mojojake » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:20 pm

well, newspaper does mold easily and would probably take longer. But if you like shifted it to another newspaper every day, it should work.

You could also put it in a pan and in the oven on a low heat and keep an eye on it, incase any organic material burns

there's another thing you can do. I have a morter and pestle made of volganic rock; it's really porous and dries stuff out really well.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:21 pm

I appreciate. Ill try some wash clothes. Good?

mojojake

Unread post by mojojake » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:25 pm

Sounds feasible :)

Infact, an old T-shit is really pourous, you could tie it up, and hang it in the kitchen close to the stove where it's hot, or in the window to help speed drying

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:27 pm

Thank you MojoJake!!! I will remeber--- your act of kindness and recommendation.
Be Very Bleesed in every facit of your life.
---Triplethreat

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:40 pm

Sent a PM to you
Thank you.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:03 pm

DON'T BAKE GRAVEYARD DIRT IN THE OVEN.

Just air dry it. Baking it changes and de-vivifies it.
catherine yronwode

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:20 pm

I cut up an onld tshirt I sleep in. Oddly enough, it was (my exboyfriend's-- NOT EX HUSBANDS) the shirt of the man whose car I borrowed today, My BFF, also a Colonel who spends every holiday in "our Family Home", so Pepa knows him and likes him.
I placed out the four pieces on the China Cabinet that was recently given to me with nothing in it yet. The China Cabinet is an antique given to me by another friend whose Mom passed away in November. Neither the Cabinet, nor I am in the Family home right now (a rental)

...side note, amongst many personal things, the one I will withh all share is in addition to the rain stopping, The grvel had tons of fire ants. Not a SINGLE ANT BITE. Pepa could control and loved the animals and nature. My BFF has no idea what I am up to, but when I shared that I sat in the "lot" (for my Uncle--when he passes next to his Daddy)adjacent to Pepa's grave for almost an hour and said no ant bites, he thought that to be a bit peculiar... I CLEARLY STATED OVER DINNER that I was protected. (did not elaborate.. just that was that) I also wore FWP even though many of the ancestors are his side, just as a precaution... not from him. I kissed his Head and the Headstone.
sigh sad.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”