Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
thelightfantastic
Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:38 am

You'd have to get a reading to determine exactly what the candle wax means to your particular situation. There are several AIRR workers who offer candle divination services and you find them at the link below:

http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... or_Clients

You can read more about candle divination here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

AmaSarah

Unread post by AmaSarah » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:25 am

Hi, I've lit a number of candles over the past couple weeks for a number of different purposes (same target): healing, courage, wisdom, love, compelling, saints.

Each candle has burned in the same peculiar pattern: strong burn days 1 & 2. but then on the morning of day 3, the flame dips so low that I'm certain it will go out. By the evening of day 3, it burns strongly again until it goes out on the evening of day 5. All clean burns. No wax, no residue. Yet there is that third day dip.

They are different candles for different purposes but they all curiously do the same exact thing. How could they all do the same thing?

any ideas? thanks....

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:09 am

Could just be that is how that type/batch of candles burn.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:12 am

Strings and ribbons tied to candles that are burning will burn ;-). Let the work do its job and if you start seeing the opposite of what you desire then follow up with a reading.

However, doing a reading before any work is advisable and recommended.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Miss_Liz

Unread post by Miss_Liz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:43 am

Yeah, I figured as much, is why I used nylon based ribbon so it would just melt and not be a fire hazard. They burned a little odd but in a good way. Like my candle flowed into his candle and his burned out a good half hour before mine did. I've already seen some vast improvement, like haven't had a txt to him go unanswered since last monday, got to see him even though he had to pick me up outside the gate because I don't have a mil ID anymore and he actually talked to me, like, talk talked. I know, I sound so high school c_c I'm just happy he opened up to me finally, he's not one to talk about his feelings and the like.
Thank you SO much CM for that spell, it worked wonders fast.

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:31 am

I had a problem like that too. I was scared that some how I would ruin the candle if I poured it out, so I took a turkey baster and sucked it out.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

ohwhygeorgia

Unread post by ohwhygeorgia » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:52 am

I burned some figural candles today, for my ex and I.

I placed the red male figural candle facing a red figural female candle (me). Both dressesd in love me, rose, and reconciliation oil.

his ex is to the right of him, facing away dressed in commanding oil, break up oil, and barberry root.

It's strange, I lit the candles and the male candle immeditly burned faster than the other two female candles. The head of the male melted quickly, down the front of his chest towards my candle, it ran so much it now connects our two candles at the feet, groin, and now chest.

Meanwhile the black candle is facing away with a strong crackling burn.

What's your guys opinion on this? I mean I know a lot of people say interpete the wax how you feel about it, but I see this as the feet are connected so we will stay together.

The groin in a sexual manner, and the chest, like we are connected at heart.

These are the only areas melted together.

It's really cool to see.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:04 am

I almost flipped out for two days over tea lights which were "burning low"-- I just needed a new batch. The one today burned normal.
different note...I had a St Jude Candle that went out by itself for NO apparent reason. (no air, wind, drowning) All signs and news after the candle went out were actually good-- Thank God!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:11 pm

generally if his was ran towards you then it means just that, melting faster could mean it will effect him quickly and easily but often with a quick burn its not long lasting and you will need to do follow up work ( not always though) a strong steady burn is best. as for the crackeling to me that means the person is resisting the work. good luck
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:59 am

I understand that you want some feedback on your candle burn. However, expect to get varying opinions that might open the gateway to your worrying that what you are doing is not working. I have been taught not to discuss on going work, or what that has not been done. Its okay to do so with a professional which I recommend that you get some divination done, but not on a board like this.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Mzsandy

Unread post by Mzsandy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:55 am

Hello,
This happened to my candle last night. I was doing a reconcilliation candle for a friend and her husband. Towards the end it was well lit but when i awoke this morning, the wax had spilled on over to the photograph and created a funny pattern in the dry wax. It also split the candle at the very bottom but it did not fall apart it stayed intact. Could the flame have cracked this or is this a bad sign now?
THank you,
Mzs

AmaSarah

Unread post by AmaSarah » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:09 am

you can start your search for answers here... http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA6

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:23 pm

Even if the wick of your candle was too close to the glass, cracked glass should be heeded. It does not necesarrily mean that you are going to experience a DISASTER but I also wouldn't write it off as nothing either. I would take a cleansing bath with either Chinese Wash or 13 Herb bath and set another vigil candle for the same condition.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Miss Bri is, as usual, correct. Yes there was a physical reason the glass cracked, of course their was! Everything that happens in the physical world has a physical reason, but that does not mean it is spiritually insignificant. A cracked candle is never a good sign, unless one is doing break up work.
HRCC Student #1559

Mama D

Unread post by Mama D » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:18 am

I was working a spell for defeat of an enemy, to end slander, and cause confusion. To end this competitive thing that is going on.

I used a black votive candle. I used a picture I had of the person as a name paper, put Hot Foot Powder in a four way arrow pattern on top of it, with the black candle I had given their name on top of that. I cut a place in the candle and added Stop Gossip powder. Then using black threads from an article of clothing they had given me to wrap around the "mouth" I cut to hold in the Stop Gossip powder and gag them. I had carved their name in the candle as well as the words "Stop and Go Away." All of this was on a tin foil "mirror" to send their energy back to them.

As the candle burned I heated pins and inserted them through the candle while telling the "candle person" what I thought of them, and what I wanted them to do. The candle flame grew really small for a while, but picked up and burned steady.

The burn was slow and took a long while. I perceived this to mean that the work was thorough, and well done.

When the burn was complete, I looked at the wax and such to see if I could interpret anything. There was the thinnest, smallest, hollowed out portion of the candle left. (About 1/4 of the original size of the candle). It is empty save the protruding pins, though one pin turned from the inside out, as in the pointy part is pointing out now) The wax that spilled from it seemed to form an elephant complete with trunk, the hollowed out candle seems to form the elephants open mouth. Since I am close to Ganesha, I took it to mean that things are being cleared out, and what ever blockages are connected to this person are leaving.

Insights? Thoughts? I can post a pic of the candle burn.

ohwhygeorgia

Unread post by ohwhygeorgia » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Hey guys,

I did read the candle divination page

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

and noticed it said a cracked Break Up or Seperation candle
can represent a sudden break up or seperation, usually intailing tears.

It also says a cracked candle can mean the work won't work and one of the two aren't ready to part ways.

My Seperation candle burned 5 days until the end, and the bottem left side of the candle cracked, leaving a clean break, and a piece of the glass was completely seperated, leaving a clear tear drop shape.

Any interpetations?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:26 pm

What i actually wrote at

is this:

"In some cases, the breakage of the candle glass is ambiguous.

"• A broken Separation or Break Up candle might signify a very complete and abruptly shattered break-up (with tears of sorrow) -- or, if the work were being performed against resistant people, it could signify resistance to the spell."

I also wrote:

"In the end, no matter what the kind of case you are handling, the action i personally would take when a glass candle breaks would be to set another of the same sort of light on the same situation; that is, i would re-do the work because i would not consider a broken candle and spilled wax to be a positive outcome unless the candle was lit for a negative petition, and even then it would have negative side-effects (tears, blood, loss). "

I really have nothing to add to that, i'm afraid.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

ohwhygeorgia

Unread post by ohwhygeorgia » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Thanks, I appreciate you further giving advice
on the situation.

If you don't mind me asking, does it make a diffrence if there was wax spilled or not?

There wasn't any, and at the end it just cracked?

I'm going to relight tomorrow. I don't want any negative things happening, just a clean break and seperation.

Thanks.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:44 pm

Spilled wax is a worse kind of crack than a crack at the end. It's also a big mess to clean up!
catherine yronwode

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:15 am

Hi there,

Many AIRR workers provide ten minute readings for $10.00--that would be the best way to get a solid divination on your candle burn. Contact the worker that appeals to you, ask if they do candle wax divination, and if so, book a ten minute reading with one of them. You may find the list of reputable AIRR readers here: www.readersandrootworkers.org

good luck,
Bri

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:48 am

I agree with bri. however, for some reason i dont see this as a good burn. The candle burned down slow and took a long time. That can mean that it is going to take a while for things to manifest, and that the target could be resisting your work. Personally, I would get a reading done, and see what the actually meaning of the candle is, but the candle did not burn down completely, and I would take that as some resistance from the person, or the person may not go away completely.

A reading would be best to personalize it to your situation.

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:56 am

Hi everyone I know someone told me to clean out the holder for the candle on the honey jar once there is a lot of suite in it to simply use a tooth brush but are there any type of prayers or anything I should do beforehand?

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi there,
OK, I am going to answer the question you placed your post under: do you need to pray before you clean out your candle holders? No. Now I like to sing when I clean out my stuff and clean off my altar, but that's me and I like singing. Keeping your spiritual supplies clean and in a good condition of use is part and parcel of being a worker, and if you keep them clean they last longer too!

Secondly, you ask a bunch of other questions in this post as well. To make life easier, we prefer that you post ONE question per post or a couple of related questions per post. You are more likely to get answers that way from multiple forum members and it also makes searching easier for folks who may have the same question(s). [And cat came along and took them away! -- poof!]

Thanks!
Bri

[and cleaning cat]

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:39 pm

Bri wrote:Hi there,
OK, I am going to answer the question you placed your post under: do you need to pray before you clean out your candle holders? No. Now I like to sing when I clean out my stuff and clean off my altar, but that's me and I like singing. Keeping your spiritual supplies clean and in a good condition of use is part and parcel of being a worker, and if you keep them clean they last longer too!

Secondly, you ask a bunch of other questions in this post as well. To make life easier, we prefer that you post ONE question per post or a couple of related questions per post. You are more likely to get answers that way from multiple forum members and it also makes searching easier for folks who may have the same question(s).

Thanks!
Bri

Oh yeah I guess I did Bri sorry I tend to be rather long winded LoL I'll keep that in mind next post :) But thanks for letting me know about cleaning everything off!

Mama D

Unread post by Mama D » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Thank you both so much. I will check into that!

rs_09

Unread post by rs_09 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Hello!

I burned a divorce candle atop a vinegar jar and I was fascinated by the way it burned. I just thought I would share it to see if anyone had any insight.

The candle burned straight down the middle as I suspected leaving a pool of wax dripping down the side of the jar between the two figures. The drippings did not appear to look like tears rather like a flowing stream. At the bottom, in the saucer it collected like lava pools. The two figures collapsed away from one another-the female collapsed to the left and the male figure to the right. The female figure lost her head (it burned away) and her body hangs down one side of the jar while the male figure tipped to the right, the head detaching from the rest of the body and attaching itself to the jar facing outward.The male body also hangs on one side of the jar-headless. So now if I look at that side of the jar, it appears like the male figure is looking right at me. I did not sit and watch the candle burn, but I did check on it occassionally for safety reasons and it was remarkable to watch it burn. Does anyone have any insight as to the possible meaning of this burn?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:31 pm

With the female and male falling away from each other, they are going to move away from each other and split apart. Perhaps the man is going to be more out of this relationship than the woman with losing his head. He is completely mentally detached from the relationship. In any case, if you want more personalize divination then I recommend that you get a 10 minute reading done. You are going to get many different opinions that may just confuse you, or reinforce your ideas.

Mom-of-twins96

Unread post by Mom-of-twins96 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:26 am

I am burning a crown of success candle and sometime in the early morning hours the candle cracked along the side seam of the candle starting from the top causing wax to spill out at the point where the crack stopped. The wax is now hard and the candle is still burning brightly, my question is do I let that candle continue to burn or should I start a new one?

Thank you

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:17 am

See

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsC3

for comments on cracked candle glass.
catherine yronwode

Mom-of-twins96

Unread post by Mom-of-twins96 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:51 am

How would I dispose of the candle? Is it something I would bury? Sorry for all the questions I've never had a candle crack. Thank you.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:03 am

Finish burning the candle if you can, and if its a glass candle recycle the glass. If not dig out the wax as you best can, and dispose of it properly.

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:33 pm

Literarylioness wrote:
I'm currently burning Reversible and Breakup glass candles - it is the last set of a run of 3. Once these extinguish, I plan on lighting one set of both candles each month until the situation improves. I had a reading last Thursday before I lit the 3rd set, and was told that this was fine to do.

All 3 Breakup candles (so far) have burned brightly and clean! However, the 1st Reversible was sooty near the top and clear at the bottom, the 2nd Reversible burned clear, and the 3rd (still burning) is very sooty almost towards the middle of the candle. Pls note that I chose to splint the wick because the flame was very low. The candle glass only became sooty after I did this.

I was taught to burn another candle if the last one was sooty, and keep doing so until the glass is clear. So my fellow hoodooers, would you immediately light another Reversible after this one to see what happens or wait until next month?

Thank you!

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:36 pm

I would do a good cleansing first, of you and your home since you're doing break up work, then some protection work, then more reversing.
HRCC Student #1559

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:03 pm

Just an update:

I have completely revised and partially rewritten my "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" page on Divination from Candle Signs, so if you are new to this subject or just want to see what changes i made, please visit the page at:

Enjoy!
catherine yronwode

niteraptor
Location: a rabbit hole under cemetary hill by the union of 3 roads and 3 rivers

Unread post by niteraptor » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:14 pm

my job candle has burned out leaving the large cereal bowl full of wax, can i remelt this adding more oil to continue the working? so far i have had 3 interviews and tomorrow i am going for an un heard of 4TH in 2 weeks! i dont want to blow it.
thanks!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:10 pm

I re-use candle wax all the time, and you can too, of course.
catherine yronwode

Miss_Liz

Unread post by Miss_Liz » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:22 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:I re-use candle wax all the time, and you can too, of course.
Really? How does that work? Do you use the left over wax for the same work?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:11 pm

The question was whether this is a magically sound practice. The answer is yes -- but candle-crafting is not really on-topic here, however, so i suggest that if it interests you, you join a crafter's forum to learn more about moulds, dipping, wick sizes, melting points of different waxes, and so forth. Basically, you just melt the wax and re-use it to dip or cast new candles. I've made candles by hand since the 1960s, so this is no big deal for me, but it has nothing to do with this Lucky Mojo spiritual supplies forum.
catherine yronwode

MistyBlue
Newly Registered

Unread post by MistyBlue » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:47 am

Question. I have doing a moving candle spell with a Adam candle and a Eve candle. What does it mean when the male candle flame burns towards the female candle kind of like it bends towards the other candle? I also notice today that the burning on the male candle was a bit faster than before not too fast but definitely faster than usual. They have been burning for about 4 days. I think I know the answer but I wanted get some other thoughts on this before I jump to conclusions. I did read the candle page but it doesn’t list anything like this. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Oni_2

Unread post by Oni_2 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:17 am

'Moving candle spell' not sure what you mean by this.......what I do know is that a stong flame is normally a good indication. It says that the candle is working, sending out alot of power and energy to bring about a manifestation of your prayer. This is a sure sign that the candle is working rapidly. I hope this helps.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:21 am

A moving candle spell is where you move candles that have been dressed to represent different people either towards or away from one another to bring about your intended spiritual effect.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Oni_2

Unread post by Oni_2 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:27 am

Ohh......okay now I get ya ......

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:32 am

Oni a moving candle can also include a candle layout where small helper lights are moved at timed intervals to circle around or close in on a larger light; they need not be figural.

All: for divination signs from candle flames, please see my free "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" book page at Lucky Mojo:

A great deal of material is covered on that lengthy page with respect to pyromancy (flame divination), capnomancy (smoke divination) and ceromancy (wax divination) -- and familiarity with that text will help even a novice practitioner read his or her own candle burning signs.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

MistyBlue
Newly Registered

Unread post by MistyBlue » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:18 am

hmm, yeah i think i read that whole page 3 times. I’m not one of those people who won’t read. I can figure out the rest of what's happening with the flame but the leaning towards the other candle, I only have an idea of what it means, I’m just not sure. I wanted to get some other thoughts. The page really doesn’t address that. But thank you!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:58 pm

I updated the page recently and if your browser has an old cache, you may need to hit the refresh button to see the current version, or you may have overlooked it. Anyway, it's right there. Go to this link:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA1

"If you are burning two or more candles, named for specific people, and the flame of one tends to lean or bend toward the other..."
catherine yronwode

Lee Canipe
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Lee Canipe » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:13 am

As part of an ongoing passion/romance work I'm doing on a special friend, I started burning a red penis candle on a honey jar. I dressed the candle in Kiss Me Now!, Follow Me Boy, and Q Oil (and may I testify the quality of these Lucky Mojo oils are exceptional). I decided to burn the candle in runs, beginning last night. It took seven hours to burn just the head of the penis. It was a clean burn, with no dripping or problems... but it just seemed like a very slow burn. I've never worked with a penis figure candle... do they normally take a long time to burn?

I suspect part of the reason for the slow burn might be resistence. My friend is in the closet (but 100% gay), extremely religious, and very fearful of losing his salvation. He does not date and has told his family he is called to celibacy. We have had sex several times; and after each time he says he enjoys it, but is afraid of going to hell. I struggled with the ethics of doing work on him, but my divination always gives me the green light. I also have very strong signs come up that shows me this work is valid. He is a very sweet and kind person, so in addition to the passion-increasing work I have been lighting white candles dressed with blessing & healing oil and praying that he could overcome his feelings of guilty and shame and understand that sex is natural and normal.

Anyhow... Is seven hours for just the head of the penis candle to burn down overly slow?

Lee
HRCC Graduate #0398

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:38 am

Candles vary as to burn time because of variations in the wax, amount of oil, room temperature, etc.

Let your friend know that you see him as a whole person, not just a sex partner. Pray with him and listen to him. Perhaps you can find an accepting church or spiritual community and go there as a couple. Remind him "that neither death nor life, neither angels not demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God." (Romans 8:38,39 NIV)

Miss Cat is considering making St. Sebastian (patron of gay men) products if there is enough interest.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Lee Canipe
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Lee Canipe » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:47 am

Thank you, Cleopatra. I definitely see him as a whole person, and he is a great guy. My post did sound a little like I was trying to corrupt this innocent guy, didn't it? :lol: I've been focusing on the sex part because that is where the problem is. Our friendship, our compatibility, our ease with one another is great. Thank you, again!

Lee
HRCC Graduate #0398

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:53 am

Hi, Lee -- great to see you here.

I would consider 7 hours for just the head of the penis candle to be a very slow bun, and i believe that your assessment is correct -- there is resistance on the part of this closeted man to come out, due to religious beliefs and the impulse toward celibacy.

As Cleopatra said, i am waiting for 12 folks to commit to buying a bottle of Saint Sebastian oil, and then i will add to the line. So far i have five promises to purchase it. The thread where folks can add their names is here:

are-there-any-spirits-or-saints-to-cont ... t8235.html
catherine yronwode

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:17 pm

Working with a Saint on this matter may help; especially if he is deeply religious. While I personally have not worked with Saint Sebastian, I know of a few Catholic workers who have successfully called on his aid to help those struggling with their identity as gay men or women and also helped them curb the persecution and fear that may result from accepting themselves.

You may very well benefit from working with this saint to help ease the inner turmoil so your relationship work meets less resistance and that he finds himself finally able to accept himself and the love he is offered.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

MistyBlue
Newly Registered

Unread post by MistyBlue » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:50 pm

Now that's what I’m talking about! You just made my day! That is what I kind of thought but I wasn’t sure. Thank you for the clarification.

keirith

Unread post by keirith » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:36 am

Would like some feedback on this.
I have mostly been doing simple candle rituals, dressing with appropriate LM oil, creating petition papers, etc. Most of my stuff is for ongoing long term work. But yesterday after a particularly upsetting ongoing issue had really started to upset me greatly, I did do one simple dressed candle burning ritual, speaking my heartfelt petition to 'spirit', including my 'guardian angel'.
But afterwards and thru today, I feel strangely at peace, and no longer at the verge of tears. If I think of that issue, I no longer feel upset, but a comforting feeling overcomes me, like, not to worry, it is being taken care of.
I hope this is a good sign.
Anyone else ever experience this?
Is this something that is a result of the ritual? A sign that my petition was heard and spirit is working for me?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:55 pm

To see pictures of figural candles tied together with thread (preferable to ribbon as it will not flame up in the same way), see these AIRR pages -- scroll down a bit on the right and you will see them:

http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... nciliation

and here

http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... dle_Spells
catherine yronwode

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi everyone!

I know...I need to get a reading to see what's going on, lol, and I intend to but that's going to have to wait until next month. I've never had a candle flame do this before so I just had to ask. I am currently burning a skull candle. The flame dances though. It's actually quite mesmerizing. It spins sometimes almost like a tornado. Other times it will just bounce around. It's a decently high flame. Nothing too high but strong. At first I thought it was just a freak thing last night but it did it tonight also. None of the other flames on the same altar are doing this. I checked for drafts...none. Just curious if anyone elses flame on a candle has done this and how you might interpret it. I checked on the LM site under candle diviation but didn't see anything like it.

Thanks everyone and hope you have a wonderful night.

JCPA72

Unread post by JCPA72 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:51 pm

Faith,

Don't really have a direct answer to your post, but an additional comment..
The last two nights one of my candles was doing the exact same thing, like jumping and flickering (dancing to a drumbeat, which makes sense considering the Saint the Candle is for) like crazy, I took it as a sign in this one sense, (From Cat's page) "it's eager to work"..maybe it's the same for you!
My most gracious thanks to La Caridad Del Cobre, St. Martha, St. Michael, and La Virgen de La Regla

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:56 pm

JCPA72 wrote:Faith,

Don't really have a direct answer to your post, but an additional comment..
The last two nights one of my candles was doing the exact same thing, like jumping and flickering (dancing to a drumbeat, which makes sense considering the Saint the Candle is for) like crazy, I took it as a sign in this one sense, (From Cat's page) "it's eager to work"..maybe it's the same for you!

That's the feeling I got too, lol. I just wasn't sure. It's just so fascinating to watch. It's almost hypnotic. I'll be interested to hear others input on this.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:19 am

I agree, I get a sense that the candle is working for you, and the divination would depend on what the candle was for. If it is for love work for example like a come to me candle, or something similar, then I would consider that a good sign.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:20 am

Signs are subjective and personal to the person. If you feel that it is a sign, then it probably is. I would get a reading like a 10 minute one and see if this is the result of the ritual.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:14 am

Please see my "Hopodoo in Theiory and Practice" web page on Candle Divination Signs -- there's a whole section on dancing flames and their traditional meanings. The URL is

the page is quite long, but if you scroll down a bit you will find links to exactly what you described there...

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:01 am

I haven't checked out this page in a while. I like the new additions, and the fact that these changes are being made due to the questions we ask on the forum. :)

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”