Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

HRCC: Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course

How to take cat's Correspondence Course, plus news about Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Workshops, Apprenticeships, and Parties.
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator
Re: HRCC: Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:17 am

Shadowy Embrace I thought the SAME thing when I read that until I looked a little deeper. You are not alone. I had to really dig deep and think back and remember to when my grandparents were alive. Oddly enough, There were several instances!

You'll be fine. I hope to see you in the course, I am saving too. I just spent a big chunk this week at LM. (including Mrs Cat's Book-- up till now I had only read the online excepts). I am going to do what Mrs Cat said about the 26 a week.

See ya in the classroom!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:10 am

I'll keep thinking but my family goes back three generations with it so it'll be hard. And yes I'm doing the 26 week thing to LoL I just hope when the time comes my interview goes well enough. I hope Mrs. Cat comes on today and checks this thread and gives me a better idea.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:17 am

I figured that based on your description. To the best of my knowlege we are allowed to mention Religions-- We are just not allowed to disrepect anyone-- their beliefs or Religions including our OWN past and present. My point was in initially thinking back my mind was closed, but there were many things my family did-- I just had to open up my mind and memory. I have a very small family but we are very close! I even have the food recipe already!! My Grandmother's!!! (she passed away 13 years ago and was my guiding light-- she is also still with me, and she has helped me with my work. My Grandfather has been an even bigger help. He passed away 8 years ago. He was an animal magnet, loved nature and was part Creek Indian-- I am very spiritually connected to him.
Dig deep, follow the advice of Devi too!

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:41 am

Hmmm does it have to be something they did positive? Because my grandmother had this big thing growing up about demons, she was always talking about how demons could get in your head via what you watched on TV, read, music you listend to even what kind of cloths you wore (IE if you wore like clothing with a skull or something on it).

Anyway as a kid she'd tell me that if I ever felt like a demon was on or connected to a certian object, like I remember her saying and this is actually an old family story. When my mom was born the doctor had put my grandmother under hypnosis this was before she became a JW. Anyway they were friends kinda sorta with this doctor and they were pretty poor growing up and the doctors family would give them hand me down cloths. My Mom as told me this and my grandmother when she was alive that the cloths the bedsheets they got from this doctor started wrapping themselves around them at night that is the bed sheets would take form and strangle them and the cloths would tighten up on them when they tried to wear them. And when they got these hand me downs (it was only once) that the walls of the house started making noises.

They were studying to become JWs at the time and asked some of the Elders (IE ministers) of the Kingdom Hall (what they call their church) to come and try to exercise the demons that had gotten into the house. They gathered all the items up and set them all on fire outside while the Elders prayed to Jehovah supposively the cloths started "jumping" out of the fire at them and they had to throw them back in and keep praying till the finally burned.

Anyway point to the story and how it connects to topic at hand is my grandmother and my mother both would tell me as a child if I thought I was having problems with demons via a certian object to either tell them or if I was ever alone to take it outside whatever it was and burn it while I prayed to Jehovah to make it burn and get the demons away.

I've actually heard my mom tell my neice and nephew this over the past few years that if they think demons are in something to tell her so she can burn it if its a cloth object. My grandmother would tell me if it was something that didn't burn naturally like a piece of jewlery (don't know why she decided to use jewlery as an example that's probably a story in and of itself) to take it way out off the property and throw it as far as I could while praying to Jehovah to keep the demons it had with it away.

Like I said I think the assignment is going for positive but that's the only thing that comes to mind.

Anyways as a side note my mom has told me on and off over the years that as a child she had problems with demons b/c my grandmother was under hypnosis in labour with her but the Elders got ride of them when she was young.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:05 am

Hi, this is cat. I edited the above posts to take out specific denominations of religion, 'cause that is sooooo off-topic. Hope y'all understand.

Okay, i'm gonna make this reply be for everyone, not just for the two of you, so bear with me here, okay?

First, the belief or custom does not have to be "positive." Instructions on how to get rid of demon-infested objects is a great example of family lore.

Second, about customs -- i am not talking necessarily about magic in the way that most people nowadays think of it, from seeing television shows and movies. I am not talking about people in your family casting spells or keeping altars -- unless your family did, of course.

I am also not exactly talking about dinner recipes -- unless your family gave a good folkloric reason for serving that particular food (such as, for instance, hoppin' John on New Years or cake on birthdays).

Just this week a recipe got turned in for a cold and cough remedy -- a very common one from all over the South, both in Black families and White ones -- and i was very pleased to see it turned in, because it meant that i will be able to discuss it with my students at tonight's Homework Party, where we read the homeworks out loud and learn from and about them.

(The recipe, for those who are curious, is, in its schematic form, a three-way blend of a distilled spirit, a sour liquid, and a sweetener -- examples could be brandy, lemon juice, and honey; or whiskey, vinegar, and sorghum molasses -- in some families it is called "Quaker," in other families it is just the no-name family cold and cough remedy.)

But remember, folklore goes beyond religion and magic, and beyond home doctoring. Did you sing songs while playing skip rope? Those songs -- they're folklore.

Now, in the case of a family that abjures all show of celebrations, due to religious belief -- no birthdays, no Christmas, not even a Tooth Fairy: As you just said, they believe that there was a man named Jesus Christ and that he was killed on a pole and they meet once a year to commemorate this event. You think that's NOT of interest to a folklorist? Ah, little do you know us folklorists! They call their "church" a ... what? Some special term? Oh, goody, tell me all about it!

Remember, you are telling this to an anthropologist who was born Jewish. I have no clue. (Well, pretend i no clue, okay?) You are telling this to a wild woman from Borneo.

The wild woman from Borneo asks,

In your family's religious services, do the men sit with the women or apart?

Does everybody get to eat the consecrated whatever-it-is, or do only certain people, based on age or rank or gender?

Is the liquid alcoholic or unfermented?

Is the bread a flat disk or a big old bakery loaf?

Do members of your family sing special songs at these religious meetings?

If they sing, do they sing a capella or with instruments?

If they accompany the singing with instruments, is there a limitation on the number or kinds of instruments allowed?

Do they dance in the aisles?

Do the clergy leaders wear special costumes?

Can anyone in your family (male, female, straight, gay, regardless of skin colour) be a clergy member or is clergy service restricted to a certain identifiable sub-set of humanity?

Is clergy marriage allowed?

Is gay marriage allowed?

Is divorce allowed?

Has your family been enjoined to wear or forbidden from wearing certain clothing styles on the street and / or in the religious meeting place?

Are any foods or liquids forbidden within your family, either all the time, on special days, or in particular combinations?

Are there limitations on the kinds of medical services your family can obtain?

Can members of your family be expelled from the religion or are they accepted as adherents for their entire lives by virtue of genetics, birthplace, an irrevocable ritual of initiation, or other rite?

What reasons are given for any limitations or restrictions imposed on your family by the clergy of their religion with respect to clothing styles, marriage, divorce, food, liquids, medical services, expulsions,and holidays?"

Just hit the highlights. Select from among the questions listed above those which are most interesting to you. I don't need a PhD thesis. Three paragraphs, tops.

Remember, the wild woman from Borneo is eternally curious, but she does have a lot of homework to read, so keep it short and to the point.

Thanks!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:14 am

Oh....Wow thanks Mrs. Cat that totally explains everything now LoL! I am looking forward to your class I'm saving as instructed! Thank you for the clearfication I'm so looking forward to this!

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:54 am

I can't wait! Thank you Mrs. Cat also for the clarification!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:07 pm

What if you fail the oil or another section. Are you allowed to try again?
If any homework is not acceptable, i write out a full explanation, return it, and ask for a resubmission. My intention is to pass, not fail, my students.
catherine yronwode

snowwhite

Unread post by snowwhite » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:05 am

I want to enroll for the correspondence course on rootwook. How do I know if I am gifted for this?

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:40 am

Hi :)
There are several prerequisites to The Course.

1. Go through this link in its entirity:

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

2. After you have read the link in its ENTIRITY, for clarification, keep in mind that you should order Mrs. Cat's Book, "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic", not only order, but read and understand the concepts.

3. In addition, you should order more than "One Line" of products (like Love drawing), over a period of time -- and understand why this is recommended.

4. Lastly, after you have done what is recommended above, Enrollment must be approved by Mrs. Cat through a small 10 minute consult. It is ultimately her decision and there are various reasons why.

Good luck in your "preparing" for the course! Ultimately, you will discover what "gifts" you may or may not have by following the instructions above and give yourself some TIME.

Best wishes!

Fernview
HRCC Student

Unread post by Fernview » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:41 am

I too am interested in taking this course, but I was wondering if students need to already be proficient in a form of divination prior to taking this course. I know that using divination is very important in the practice of hoodoo. I am still practicing using the tarot and pendulum, but I don't know how accurate I am with them yet.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:56 am

snowwhite wrote:i wast to enroll for the correspondence course on rootwoks,how do i know if i am a gifted for this?
Triplethreat gave you excellent advice on what needs to happen before and after you enroll in the course. In order to know whether you are gifted or not--well there are several ways. These days many folks who wonder if they are gifted will get a reading with a reputable reader (find a list of us here: www.readersandrootworkers.org) to ascertain whether or not they have a gift. Other traditional ways of telling whether or not you are gifted would to find out if you were if you were born with a caul over your face, if you are the seventh son of a seventh son--there are a host of traditional signs that might indicate if a person is gifted.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

snowwhite

Unread post by snowwhite » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:28 am

i am trying to save up for the course on rootwork. i have never practiced magic in my life, but i have decided to delve into spiritual matters to help myself & protect my baby. i came across the assignments and i thought they were a little bit overwhelming, i just want to find out --

can someone not residing in USA be part of this?

what if there was no magic practiced by your family/ancestors?

are the assignments compulsory? -- any alternative?

pls somebody?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:51 am

Yes, the assignments are compulsory. You have to commit to Miss Cat personally that you will endeavor to finish the course.

Yes, people from outside the US can participate in the class. They do all the time.

Your family practiced SOME form of tradition, even if you didn't feel it was especially "magical". If you think, you can find something.

Before you can sign up for the course you have to have purchased and used products from Lucky Mojo that cover all the different form of conjure items.

From the page on the course:
REQUIRED PURCHASES

In order for me to be sure that you are familiar with the supplies mentioned throughout the course, i require that you have purchased at least one item from each of the following categories from my shop, spread out over the course of at least four invoices:

Lucky Mojo hoodoo conjure oils, Lucky Mojo resin incenses, Lucky Mojo self-lighting incense powders, Lucky Mojo sachet powders, Lucky Mojo bath crystals, Lucky Mojo Chinese Wash, Lucky Mojo Four Thieves Vinegar, Lucky Mojo herbs, Lucky Mojo roots, and Lucky Mojo minerals.

The purchase of a spell kit does not count. The Lucky Mojo items cannot all be of the same title (e.g. "Love Me") nor can they all be designed to address the same condition (e.g. all love products.)
Since the course is intended to take a year to complete, and you seem to be in need of work now, you may consider contacting one of the AIRR rootworkers and having a consultation on your case. They can help you figure out what's going on, and the best way to deal with it. They can even read on whether or not you are gifted for the work, and can work on your behalf if need be. Many of the AIRR members offer magical coaching services, where you can hire them to teach you how to perform certain conjures, and that is also a very good way to learn what you need to for your particular case. It will also help you gain experience with conjure and with using Lucky Mojo products. That will put you closer to your goal of taking the course.

You can find the AIRR at http://www.readersandrootworkers.org
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

IBube

Unread post by IBube » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:10 pm

My Friends!

Would you recommend reading the book "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" which is a preresquisite for the course before taking the course? Or will I understand it better if I read it while taking the class? Thanks everybody.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:28 pm

I would recommend getting the book "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" beforehand. It's useful in so many ways, and you'll learn a great deal from it.

IBube

Unread post by IBube » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:06 pm

Thanks. Will do.

snowwhite

Unread post by snowwhite » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:27 am

RE:"Required purchases''

The obstacle on my way is that I am in a foreign country, i do not have access to dollars,i am hoping that at of the year if i finally get this job, i can get an account that will entitle me to a credit card so that i can make these purchases.can i order by means of Postal order or my currency?

again i also feel that i need some luck with this job, Twice i have attended the interview,but when it comes to my starting work,my name is always omitted,and i end up not working there. and when i complain,again i would be invited to work and again there is an omission or something,now again i hav been invited again for this job,i really dont know if i will get lucky this time,pls how can i remove this jinx or ill luck,because i really need this job in order to enrol for this course,i am desperate to enroll for the course,i feel i am long overdue.

pls advise

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:14 am

snowwhite have you tried called Lucky Mojo? ...the staff can answer your inquiry. They are open 7 Days a Week, from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Pacific Time. Here's the number 707-887-1521. You can also email them at order@luckymojo.com

You really should start with a reading as Devi mentioned. In the meantime read about Jinx removal here http://www.luckymojo.com/uncrossing.html; also read here about Salt, which is a purifier and jinx remover http://www.herb-magic.com/blessed-kosher-salt.html
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:31 pm

"I am in a foreign country, i do not have access to dollars, i am hoping that at of the year if i finally get this job, i can get an account that will entitle me to a credit card so that i can make these purchases. can i order by means of Postal order or my currency?"

You can purchase postal money orders in US dollar amounts in virtually every nation. We only accept payment in US currency.

"I am desperate to enroll for the course, i feel i am long overdue."

Well, i hope that the word "desperate" is a literary exaggeration, because i actually don't take "desperate" people as students.

snowwhite, you are posting from South Africa. Several others have taken the course who live in South Africa. In other posts you tell us you cannot buy Lucky Mojo products because we don;t accept paypal. We sell products to South Africa and i have students in South Africa. 'Nuff said.
catherine yronwode

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:18 am

I would suggest that if you are having financial issues, that you start with some money/job/success work, not only to help your situation, but to see if you have a gift for rootwork.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

snowwhite

Unread post by snowwhite » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:40 pm

i learnt that you must have some understanding of the rootwork practice in order to be accepted for the course. so it is not for beginners

for someone who is a beginner and who is interested in eventually enrolling for the course -- i.e. who have little knowledge of this practice -- what would be the advice to be followed step by step?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:10 am

Hello snowwhite, please do not double post as it makes things messy for us all :-).

If you are new to hoodoo and interested in learning then I recommed that you purchase Miss cat's book, Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic and read through that.

She has also made available a free book online with a great deal of pages on hoodoo/conjure. Please look through that as well.

On the pages of AIRR you'll find even further pages to read.

This will give you the knowledge you seek, buy yourself the some supplies and establish yourself as a customer (make sure you fulfill the criteria by looking at the requirements) then join the class.

BOO-GRI-HHHC Book Spellcraft Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic, Hardcover by cat yronwode $39.95
BOO-GRI-HHSC Book Spellcraft Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic, Paperback by cat yronwode $14.95

Free online book, Hoodoo In Theory and Practice: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

AIRR: http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

Course information: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:48 pm

Thanks, ConjureMan.

cat
catherine yronwode

zee_2

Unread post by zee_2 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:41 pm

I am pretty sure i saw a thread on this a month or so ago but cannot find it now.

I got accepted in the course (Yayyyy!) and was wondering on who i need to write to in order to be able to access the yahoo group for students of miss cat's course...please advise.

thx
Zee

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:57 pm

here is the link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hrcourse/

Join and give your name and your student ID.

Congrats on getting accepted.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Find the group on yahoogroups and when joining give your student number and full name.

neverfit

Unread post by neverfit » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:42 pm

Is the price of the hardcover book INCLUDED in the $104 fee, or is it additional?

Also, if there were two or three students who wanted to order their books together, could they have them shipped to the same address even though they don't live together, or would this cause some kind of confusion?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Yes the fee includes the book for the course. That price does not include the book Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic, which is needed for the course.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:19 pm

The 432 page harcover HRCC book contains the text of the course; it is not separate from the course, and it costs $104.00.

And, as stars said, the HHRM book, while available to the public and not a part of the course, must be purchased, and its cost is separate ($14.95 in paperback or $39.95 in hard cover, matching the course book.

With respect to your other question: the course is not for sale to the general public -- i interview my prospective students by telephone and get to know them, including where they live. I will not send a group of course books to a drop-ship address.

Full details about the course, including a list of necessary purchases, can be found here:

http://luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

Hope to hear more from you soon!
catherine yronwode

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi Cat, I was exploring the course page, and I was wondering if you offer distance learning? I can't afford to take it live, as amazing as it would be :) and if I can do it at a slow pace, as my life is filled with all kinds of annoying events right now!!! :)

Also, I checked out the planetary site, thank you so much! it sheds more light on how to use the planetary supplies!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:55 pm

Mimiso, you were wondering if i offer "distance learning"?

What do you think a "Correspondence Course" is?

I send you things in the mail. You send me homework in the mail. We correspond, via snail mail and the internet.

You say, "I can't afford to take it live." I have no idea what you are talking about, sorry. By "live" do you mean "in person"? Because it is not taught that way. It is a correspondence course. We correspond.

You say also that you want to "do it at a slow pace" however that is not an option that i offer. There are 52 lessons, one per week, so the course takes you one year. You have to turn in your homework assignments or you fail the class.

I know you said you were "exploring the course page book," but i think that you will need to read it again, because you do not seem to understand what is explained there.

http://luckymojo.com/mojocatcourse.html

If you are still interested, you must meet the prerequisites (listed on that page) and then you and i will talk by telephone, and then, if i accept you as a student, you will recive the course lesson-book by mail.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:36 pm

You're right, Sorry Cat! I'm not all with it here with so much going on.. I will reread it slowly when my mind's together, then contact you to apply for it once I'm ready.

zee_2

Unread post by zee_2 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:45 am

Thanks Conjure man and Devi Spring!
Looking forward to it!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:56 pm

Hope this thread cleared everything up for you zee! I was just accepted this month as was my wife! Welcome!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Necessary purchases prior to enrolling in course:

4 Lucky Mojo hoodoo conjure oils,
one each for love, money, protection, and negative work
2 Lucky Mojo self-lighting incense powders,
one for attracting and one for repelling or harming
2 Lucky Mojo sachet powders,
2 Lucky Mojo bath crystals,
one for uncrossing and one for attracting money or love
1 Lucky Mojo Chinese Wash
1 Lucky Mojo Four Thieves Vinegar
2 Lucky Mojo herbs, any type
1 Lucky Mojo herbal blend, any type
(7-Herb, 9-Herb, 13-Herb, Gambler's Gold, etc.)
2 Lucky Mojo roots, suitable for use in a mojo bag
1 Lucky Mojo mineral, suitable for use in a mojo bag
1 Lucky Mojo resin incense, any type
1 Lucky Mojo roll of charcoal tablets
(you will need this to burn resin incense)
1 Lucky Mojo Goofer Dust
1 Lucky Mojo two-part liquid wash or water
(Peace Water or Double Luck Perfume)
1 Lucky Mojo red flannel bag
(you may use this to turn in Homework #8 if you wish)
1 Lucky Mojo 1/2 oz. glass bottle
(please use this to turn in Homework #7)

Miss Cat, As we are aware this is the list of required purchases that a potential student must obtain over the course of at least four invoices prior to requesting enrollment in your course.I know that they can not be all of the same type ( like all love products for example.) I would really appreciate your specific suggestions for each of the herbs, oils, sachet powders, incense, baths, roots, ect. What do you feel would be the most beneficial combination for a potential student to purchase? Your personal recommendations. :) Hypothetically ,Lets say you put a student kit together of all of these items. What would you put in?
May the Road Rise you meet you.

-Willowspell

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Willowspell, the assignments are very individualized - you have to put together certain things, but it's not dictated what type of situation you make them for. So it's really a personal choice.

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:08 pm

These purchases are required Prior to the course. I was just wondering what specific products she would personally recommend to a potential student. I know she likes the fast luck oil. that would probably be one. A list of her personal choices for a decent variety that may give individuals a wide range of experience with the product.

I recognize that they would be personalized. I have already read all of the homework assignments that have been posted.

-Willowspell

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:16 pm

There are nine basic conditions covered in the course: love, money, blessings, court cases, protection, power, change, cleansing, cursing.

There are 10 oils and foils required (4 oils, 2 incenses, 2 sachets, 2 bath crystals). Pick items from as many of the nine categories that you can, regardless of the form they take. So, for instance, you could select an array like this:

4 Lucky Mojo hoodoo conjure oils,
one each for love, money, protection, and negative work
Love Me Oil [love], Money Drawing Oil [money], Fiery Wall of Protection [protection], Crossing Oil [cursing]

2 Lucky Mojo self-lighting incense powders,
John the Conqueror Incense Powders [attracting luck and power], Cast Off Evil Incense Powders [repelling evil]

2 Lucky Mojo sachet powders,
Kiss Me Now! Sachet Powders [attracting sexual love], Hot Foot Powder [cursing by sending someone away]

2 Lucky Mojo bath crystals,
one for uncrossing and one for attracting money or love
Uncrossing Bath Crystals [uncrossing and cleansing], Fast Luck Bath Crystals [attracting both money and love]

That's just a sample list -- i really have no serious recommendations -- it's up to you!
catherine yronwode

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:10 pm

Alright then. Thank you :)

I was just curious. I have every intention of taking the course. I have been spending every evening reading as much as I possibly can. The sheer amount of information and dedication that you have put into educating those interested in this way of life is very respectable! I appreciate your efforts and promise that when the time comes I will be a dedicated student to your course. LOL though I am no where near being able to afford the tuition, I have already begun compiling the necessary information for the first and second homework assignments. If nothing else it gives me an excuse to get in touch with old friends :)

You are an amazing women Miss Cat! I very much look forward to speaking with you soon.

-Willowspell

preppieroots
HRCC Student

Unread post by preppieroots » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi,

I am not sure where to post this but thought this thread might be the right spot...I am a student in the Course and had signed up to the Yahoo group for it a while back. The problem is I have forgotten my login name and password...how can I sign up again to get back into the Yahoo group? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1530

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:08 am

You have two choices:

1) Go through Yahoo's password and log-in recovery program and get them to email you the information.

2) Apply to the course group again, and give your name and student number, then wait for me to approve you.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:21 pm

I was wondering when is the next homework party, and where can I find this info for the future?

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:45 pm

I know that they have one each month. Miss Cat usually posts when it is going to be in the News and Announcements Topic I believe.

-Willowspell

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:39 pm

The results of the last homework party also include a date of when the next homework party is. I believe the email mailer also includes the date of homework parties.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:43 pm

Thanks! I looked in both of those places. A newsletter hasnt been sent out for October yet, but I will just call the shop tomorrow. Or maybe I will just send in my stuff anyways.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:16 pm

The October Newsletter has been delayed because our dear friend Lara, who manages this job, has been under the weather.If she is unable to send it by the weekend, i will have to contact someone at the company that hosts the newsletters and have them waalk me through the procedures.
catherine yronwode

Lady Muse
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lady Muse » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:43 pm

Im In the Course! Im in! Yes!Yes!
Thank God!
Thank You Cat! Manny Huggs!
Lady Muse
House of Self Empowerment - AIRR and HP Member - Blue Flag Root Radio

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:42 pm

It was wonderful talking with you today, TrueBlessing. I was so moved by that strange sign with the pendulum. Wow.

Many hugs to you too!
catherine yronwode

Lady Muse
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lady Muse » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Thank you again Cat
It was a honor talking with you. I know that this is where I belong. Finally, this is where I belong
May you always be blessed and Highly favored!
Lady Muse
House of Self Empowerment - AIRR and HP Member - Blue Flag Root Radio

trish76

Unread post by trish76 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:26 am

Hello...again. My name is Patrice Butler (although I go by Trish here on this forum and on the web in general), and I live in Arizona. I am fairly new both to this forum and to all things Hoodoo, however I have done craft work as far as simple candle magic using oils, as well as the burning of incense, and using herbs. I have had marginal success with my work. Mainly my experience has been on the solitary Wiccan pathway, but to be honest, I am African American and in the years I have been studying the path I have not come across many of my culture. I am interested in studying hoodoo because I think if I am going to study all the different spiritual pathways and practices, as I have been, to neglect the one that has roots within my own culture seems like the counterintuitive thing to do, in my opinion. I also think I am looking for something that I can relate to a little more. From what I have seen on this site and from perusing the web, cat is an authority on hoodoo and rootwork, so here I am.

After initially joining the forum, and reading some of the posts I did decide to purchase cat's Hoodoo herb book. I recently completed my first order from Lucky Mojo as well and have gotten some helpful advice from other forum members, both by directly asking and perusing around. Hopefully over the next few months, I can become more familiar with the practice, as I order the required LM items. I do like to experiment when working, I like to think it makes it more personal when you get creative and make it your own. So I think the process will be fun. I will try and post more so cat and others can become familiar with me so I am not like a total stranger. Although I do tend to get a little nervous when posting on public forums because one, I don't want to sound totally ignorant, and two, sometimes what I want to say and what comes out in a post don't match up and the intent comes out wrong. Kinda like craft work does sometimes lol. I suppose the only way to work on that though is to post more.

So I guess this is my post stating interest in the course and re-introducing myself :)
"Don't allow your wounds to transform you into someone you are not". ~ Paulo Coelho ~ ♥

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:22 am

trish76, I am sure cat would love to have you as a student, please review the Hoodoo Correspondence Course website for particulars found here http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html#Who_can_apply (specifically the Terms and Conditions)
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

trish76

Unread post by trish76 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Hey all...

I'm working on putting my orders together for the required supplies. I have a few purposes in mind and I am aligning my selections with those intentions. I am unsure of whether reversing counts as negative work. I'm hoping it does because I would prefer it to cursing/crossing or revenge. I'm thinking it's kind of a negative/protection because you are sending what is being sent to you back to whoever sent it, so done properly, it should protect you from any mess that is sent and also revert it back to the sender right? I have come across the "like fights like" in the book, so I'm thinking I can use reversing as a negative. Just making sure though.

OH and before I forget...this question makes me feel a bit silly BUT I am having a hell of a time deciding on a mineral that I can use in a mojo bag. From what I have read so far...and I am still fairly new at this....most of the minerals are meant for sprinkling or laying out not carrying in a bag. And I should note...my science skills are below par at this point lol...so the only things I thought of as being distinctly of mineral origin (lol) are salt, saltpeter, sulphur and the goofer dust (which i think is actually a mixture..not just a mineral). I was sitting here trying to decide if dirt (as in graveyard dirt) is a mineral. Now I feel REALLY silly lol. A little help would be greatly appreciated! :D
"Don't allow your wounds to transform you into someone you are not". ~ Paulo Coelho ~ ♥

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:05 pm

Hi, trish,

I am very glad to get to know you, and i look forward to your haning out here and eventually becoming a student.

The most common minerals found in mojo bags are Lodestones (magnetic Iron ore, Magnetic Sand (Iron dust), and Pyrite. You can read about them in the HHRM book which you have. If you buy Lodestones or Pyrite for a mojo, get the gravel and grit size -- anything bigger would be too heavy. Also, coins count as minerals (metals).
catherine yronwode

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:07 pm

Yes, dirt is a mineral. Lodestone, pyrite, salt, and saltpeter can all easily be put in a mojo.
You can look at this section here and see that many of these things can be used in a mojo bag: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatherbs.html#mineral

trish76

Unread post by trish76 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:15 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the help and the link (big duh there, totally spaced out on going to the website instead of scratching my head at the book LOL). I am excited to be here learning and working towards the class is really challenging me to be creative. I can't wait for the products to arrive! :D

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm

I am interested in the course, and I understand that there are certain necessary purchases...

In addition, the course page states that: "The Lucky Mojo items cannot all be of the same title (e.g. "Love Me") nor can they all be designed to address the same condition (e.g. all love products.) "

So, my question is, can some of them be of the same title? For example, could one of my oils, one of my powders, one of my incenses, and one of my bath crystal packets each be "Money Stay With Me"? And, then, get the Lodestone and Magnetic Sand, with one of them qualifying as my "1 Lucky Mojo mineral", and a green 7-Knob candle? (Even though the candle does not count towards required purchases.)

Then, of course, buying other products to address other conditions.

In my mind, it seems like it'd be a good way to demonstrate familiarity with the products by learning how to use several together for a common purpose, so I figured it'd be worthwhile to ask. However, I will absolutely respect and defer to the official requirements, whatever those are. :)

Also, regarding the Goofer Dust, is it enough to just buy it but not actually use it?
"Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness."
-Proverbs 8:18

trish76

Unread post by trish76 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:30 pm

heartexalted,

You bring up a good point and I hope so because thats what I assumed. I tried to mix it up a little. I thought by not the same that I couldn't order everything one thing, meaning all the same oils and all the same incense, but I thought by intent was okay. I picked intents (or rather conditions I want to deal with lol), love drawing and money drawing for the attracting and for the repelling I chose reversing.

I ordered some uncrossing and cleansing products.

I ordered one each of the reversing oil, incense, powder and bath crystals.

For the love drawing I ordered Love Me oil, Love me stachet powder, and I mixed it with some Queen Elizabeth incense and bath crystals.

I ordered the Queen Elizabeth root as the root for the mojo bag.

Of course since I like attracting work lol, I also ordered lodestones and magnetic sand, with lodestone oil also.

I still have two orders left to reach four invoices that I have planned out pretty much the same way so if I need to be ordering each item as a distinctly different thing, I still have time to address that.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:13 am

The idea is not for you to acquire things to do something just for yourself. The idea is for you to understand the structure of conjure. If you buy products that are all the same or for the same intention, that will not help you understand what we are doing here.

Reversing is not the same as repelling, hurting, r cursing. It is half-drawing and half-repelling. This it cannot really inform you are repelling, driving away, cursing, harming, or destruction spells in this tradition.

There is no need for anyone to take this course. You can all be perfectly sufficient practitioners without it. The course is for people who want to be my students, not for people who sit around and try to come up with ways to warp what i am asking them to do.

If you want to take the course, you must have a reason for doing so -- and be prepared to tell me what that reason is, because i will ask you about it. If your reason does not include a desire to understand the history and structure of hoodoo folk magic and its place in African American culture, you probably should not take the course.

If at the present time you have a Facebook account, but you have no black Americans as friends on your Facebook page, you probably should not attempt to take this course.

I can get a LOT more specific if y'all don't get it.
catherine yronwode

trish76

Unread post by trish76 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:50 am

Miss cat, I would not be on this forum if all I wanted to was warp anything you or anyone who has taken the course before me has done. I am here to to try and learn and to respect what everyone is doing here. I looked at the requirements as I understood them and if the way that I interpreted them was offensive to you then I apologize. But I am not going to pretend that this is something I am familiar with or that I am an expert. I ask when I am confused and I try and read all of the stuff here on this forum and gain insight from other postings. There is a lot of information and I have not had time to sort through all of it. It is just easier for me personally with all of the numerous items that are available here if I take things one at a time.

I have ordered things with similar purpose in order to see how other people use them together and to see how they work for me, not as a way to avoid trying everything else. Conjure is also a way to deal with very current and real problems that we have, as I understand it so far, so I also ordered things to work with to deal with things in my life. Reversing work is something that was suggested to me by an AIRR reader, hence I ordered reversing products. I was hoping to try my hand at conjure, whilst learning and solving my own problems at the same time.

Missionary-Independent.org

Return to “Catherine's Correspondence Course and Apprenticeship Program”