Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spell Timing: Moon Phases, Moon Signs, Moon Void of Course

Seekinghelp123

Re: Spell Timing: Moon Phases, Moon Signs, Moon Void of Course

Unread post by Seekinghelp123 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:25 pm

I was just trying to piece together what exactly I should be doing for a reversal candle (black outside, red inside):

1. Purchased mirror tiles face side down, ensuring not to catch my reflection in the mirror.

2. Will cleanse my reversal candle with lemon juice. Will then cut the wick part so that it's now the bottom, and the bottom will have a wick carved out to have the candle now burn upside down.

3. Will then carve the name of my "enemy" backwards. The first letter of the name will start with the wick and I will continue downwards.

4. The reversal candle will be anointed with Reversible Oil. This will be done by placing 1-3 drops in the center of the candle and moving the oil from the center to the wick (the carved out tip) of the candle in an upward motion.

5. I will then write on the bottom of the mirror the name of the person/persons backwards.

6. I will place the mirror (making sure not to catch my reflection) and place the Reversal candle in the middle.

7. I will draw a circle of Crab Shell powder around the candle in a counter-clockwise motion.

8. I will light the candle and let it burn.

I realize this should be done during the waning phase of the Moon. I am not quite sure, been reading on the subject and it is confusing. Does anyone know when the next waning moon phase is?

Seekinghelp123

Unread post by Seekinghelp123 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:27 pm

I forgot to add that after this, I was going to do the Fiery Wall of Protection spell kit and bathe in the 13-herb bath for 13 days.

I realize that after this, I need to cleanse all the negative energy from myself and give myself protection.

Please let me know if there is anything else I have forgotten.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:54 pm

That seems like a well thought out plan! Best of luck. :)
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:35 pm

I agree, you have a well thought out plan. Good Luck Seekinghelp123!
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:11 pm

Sounds good to me. I prefer to cleanse with Florida Water, but that's the only thing I'd do differently.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:33 pm

I like your plan. To follow the moon phases, go to the Lucky Mojo Moon Phases information page and Moon Phases calculator:

http://luckymojo.com/moonphases.html

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

PurpleShoes

Unread post by PurpleShoes » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:54 am

thanks so much, that is incredibly helpful. i may not be able to follow the moon phases because there is an event beginning on the 12th which i find it slightly necessary to do the work before...after that point in time the distance between the target and myself will be much greater. also, i asked before about whether i could reuse old personal concerns from a honey jar that- pieces of cloth soaked in semen- for a crossing spell...the answer was no as it's not good to mix positive/negative work. i'm wondering if those pieces could be used in a commanding spell instead? the spell is not exactly love work but it is about bringing something towards me and in that way "positive"

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:20 am

santisimamuerteom14, if the candles you ordered are not Lucky Mojo purchases, I doubt you will get help here as this site is built for Lucky Mojo customers.

tboy1977

Unread post by tboy1977 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:05 am

Like I really want to do some spellwork, but was told you can only do banishing work on a waning moon. Is this true? I want to do a seven day poppet love spell, bad!

Brujita Angelical

Unread post by Brujita Angelical » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:17 am

I think most people here who are more experienced than me in Hoodoo might tell you that while yes you CAN wait to do banishing work on waning moon and growth type of work on waxing moon, if the need is important or urgent you don't have to wait for the moon. You can do it as your need arises.

There are more discussions on this on here. you can do a search and see their answers.

good luck!
Thank you, Archangel Michael for your constant protection.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:48 am

Guess what Brujita Angelical! You are on target...so tarie77, you really want to go for it.

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:57 am

Moon cycles and sun rises and sets do have qualities toward banishing and receiving and very good energy for your spells. But If you need to or feel overwhelmed and compelled to do a spell right away, Don't wait! There is a need, there is a reason that you should follow your intuition. This energy will assist your work just as well. If it can wait it would defiantly be beneficial. Remember this as well. You can cast the spell you wish to now. Then there is nothing to stop you from preforming another spell during the next appropriate or suggested lunar cycle.

Good luck in your endeavors! :)
May the Road Rise you meet you.

-Willowspell

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:32 pm

If you cannot wait for the Moon cycle, then use the days of the week instead. Some people use the hands of the clock so when the hands of the clock are rising, or some people use when the sun is rising to do drawing work. The opposite such as when the hands of the clock are falling, or when the sun is setting to do break up, crossing, or banishing work such as hot foot, banishment, or cleansing work. The moon phases is only one way to do timing work.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Phoenix333

Unread post by Phoenix333 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:55 pm

Yeah, just remember, hoodoo embraces practicality.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Miss cat has bundled all the questions of spell timing into three threads where she provides in depth answer. The topic itself can be a book all its own, but these threads are highly worth reading through and will answer your questions

This is one of the three threads.

See also:

spell-timing-planetary-influences-days- ... t1429.html

spell-timing-eclipses-and-retrogrades-t2025.html

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:35 am

Thank you both. I really appreciate it! I am dressing candles for this evening. The full moon phase is in Libra tonight and tomorrow night, and I believe the balance of power can shift back towards my Mom.
I am using the "boss fix" for a senior supervisor for my Mom to sweeten his opinions, and I am using hot foot oil and dressing a black candle which will have the name of the mean "immediate" supervisor. I am going to burn the black candle over that person's business card. Last but not least, I have dressed (white tea light) candles with lucky mojo protection oil and holy water and they will burn on both sides of the 4 inch black candle to offset any reversal from the "hot foot" black candle. I'll let you know how it all turns out! Thanks Lucky Mojo, Ms Cat, Starsinthesky7 and Devi Spring!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

lovingme1

Unread post by lovingme1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:52 am

I have purchased items to do a love spell. My boyfriend and I live together and I desire for us to be closer, possibly leading to marriage. It is hard timing what I need to do since we live together. He is gone on a work assignment for the week and I am concerned about the moon phase. The next full moon is not until Oct 23 but timing (alone) will not allow me to wait. Will the spell have an effect if I do it now during the current moon phase?

Also I am to understand to bury the remains in my yard, what happens if we move? Do I leave what I buried there or dig it up and bury it at the new place?

allofthemwitches

Unread post by allofthemwitches » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:32 pm

It's my understanding, please correct me if I'm wrong, that you want to do spells for effect, just after the new moon - while in the waxing phase. That way the spell gains momentum.

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:57 pm

Working with moon phases is not mandatory. If you only have a certain time to do a spell, do it when you can. The spell will still work provided you have faith and the proper intent.

As for spell remains, there's no need to dig them up simply because you move. This topic has actually already been covered and you read more about it in this thread.

i-am-moving,-and-have-spell-remains-bur ... t3622.html
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:03 pm

For information on moon phases, see the HITAP page on moon phases:

Also, please do not post two topics in one post. Ask each separately in its own topic thread. To find if a thread already exists, try a forum search and post to the appropriate thread. There is a thread on disposal of ritual remains and it is NOT this thread., and thanks to thelighfantastic for pointing that out.
catherine yronwode

Seekinghelp123

Unread post by Seekinghelp123 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:26 pm

I wasn't sure if I can do a reversal spell during a new moon? I read that reversal work should be done during a waning moon, but does this also include the new moon? I checked the moon phases and it is currently a new moon.

Or during the new moon does one do work to attract things? I have a crown of success kit that I would like to use, but wasn't sure if I could do this during the new moon.

If anyone can please explain to me what spells would be appropriate during the new moon phase, I would greatly appreciate it:)

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Please read through the following link: http://www.luckymojo.com/moonphases.html it will tell you literally what each phase of the moon can be used for.

Here is an excerpt that pertains directly to your Crown of Success work:
Let's start with a Waxing Crescent Moon, the kind that looks like a Man in a Moon drawing or a cute Christmas tree ornament with a smiling face and a long white beard. When the Moon is a Waxing Crescent; the dark side is to your left, more or less, and the bright Crescent is to your right. (Sometimes the Moon is tipped a little, so it may not be exactly right or left, but you will know what i mean if you go outside and look at it.) You can use this time to perform waxing, drawing, increasing, or growth spells.

Please remember that timing in hoodoo is based off of many factors. People work by hands of the clock, days of the week, astrological timing, movement of the sun, moon phases etc. However, not everyone times work this way.

Find the place in tradition that resonates with you and remains true to the work and you.

Seekinghelp123

Unread post by Seekinghelp123 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Okay, so I did the Reversal candle (black over red) and did as recommended above. What's weird is that afterwards, I had a headache...not sure if it was because I was putting so much energy into it, I don't know. But I really focused all my intentions into what I was doing. I did the 13 hear cleansing bath, dipped my herb thirteen times, and said Psalm 37 after each submersion.

I definitely feel a weight lifted so to speak. I think it's more the release of my feelings into the preparation of the candle and doing the reversal work and saying over and over again how I want these people to experience the negative feelings and energies that they haven intentionally sent me...that I want them to think about what they've done to me and how much harm they've caused.

And interestingly, my candle is burning very strong......When I first lit it, it was a low flame and before my eyes, it became a strong flame! I read that this is a good sign that the work I am doing is justifable...so am feeling pretty good about this

sunstallion

Unread post by sunstallion » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:37 pm

First, I really don't know what forum to post this topic, so I just posted it here. Administrators, move this to the appropriate place if you want to.

Can anyone please explain this to me ? I am confused.

I read on books and heard that it's good to do spells to attract things on waxing moon and to release on waning moons.

There are also good days of the week for certain spells.

Some people said I still can do a releasing spell on waxing moon and an attraction spell on waning moon. Some people said it doesn't matter the days of the week. I can do on any days I want.

So, here is my confusing:

If I can do a spell for anything on any days, like an attraction spell on waning moon and a releasing spell on waxing moon, and I can do it on any days of the week that I do have to wait for a certain day like Sunday is for something new, friday is for love -- then why is timing is so important in doing spell ?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:48 am

You are correct on both accounts sunstallion. You can certainly work spells at anytime... Read further about How to Work Magic Spells by the Moon and How to Know the Phases of the Moon. click here>>>Moon Phases in Hoodoo Magic

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:41 am

Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:50 am

Timing is important because it adds to the nature of the spell. But not working during any type of timing does not take away from the spellwork, which is why if you cannot wait to do something then you can do it whenever you like.

You can read more about days of the week and planetary here as well.www.luckymojo.com/planetary.html

spell-timing-moon-phases-t442s30.html
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:56 am

Dear sunstallion,

I just moved your question into the appropriate thread -- the one on timing by moon phases, since that was the first part of your question. However, see also the links given above to planetary timing (days of the week).

Now, to answer your question:

MOON TIMING

Many people work by natural timing, especially the moon phases, which are obvious and easy to see, even without a calendar or knowledge of days of the week.

PLANETARY TIMING

Others work by days of the week, because they have calendars and respect the planetary traditions of the seven sacred planets.

IGNORANCE OF NATURE

However, in our current culture of indoor malls and artificial light, most so-called conjure workers, witches, and occultists have no idea what moon phase we are in or -- if they are unemployed and just sit around playing games on their computers and pretending to be root doctors -- no idea what day of the week it is.

The more that people get disconnected from nature, the less likely they are to understand the fundamental principles of natural magic. Spring and Summer and Autumn and Winter mean little to them, either. Nor do they understand the concept of light and dark, since their entire lives are spent in artificially lighted rooms (even during the daylight, they have their light bulbs on!). So those people, the little hive-dwelling matrix-shelved ones whose imaginations outstrip their connections to the world of nature, will tell you, all over the internet, that the timing of a spell is not relevant.

SUBSTITUTION OF RULE-MAKING FOR NATURE

When ignorance of natural cycles becomes the norm, there arises a strange countering force. You would expect this to consist of nature-aware people, but those are not actually a counter-force -- they are hold-outs who never gave up on the knowledge of nature. No. the counter-foorce consists of hyper-legalistic, compulsively correct "players" who want to make the "game" of magic difficult to "win" by setting up stringent "victory conditions" in which, they claim, timing is all-important, because, without following certain rules of timing that they tell you, your spell will fail.

These gamers are all over the internet. They are no more in touch with nature and natural cycles than the mall-matrix dwellers are, but they pretend to be, for the reason that they enjoy the gate-keeper role of being rule-enforcers. They do have a bit of historical knowledge going for them, but their rule-making is not the same as an intutive shaman's or sorcerer's grasp of natural cyclic timing.

MY ADVICE: NEED, PLANETS, MOON PHASES, SEASONS, AND MORE

1) Work by need -- if there is an emergency. That is, if you and your lover just had a fight and he walked out, do NOT wait for the waxing moon to draw him back. Do NOT even wait for Friday. Work the roots and candles NOW.

2) Work by the planets when you can, and especially if you have an ongoing job to do. For instance, Sunday is for health; a perfect day for prayers for the health of your family, every Sunday, for as long as you have family who needs the help.

3) Work by the moon phases for work that needs to be done for a run of days -- as the moon runs to full, work 7 to 14 days in a row of spells of increase, expansion, or drawing; and as the moon runs to dark, run 7 to 14 days of spells of banishing, pushing away, or decrease.

4) Work by seasons if the work is a life-long project: Spring for increase, Summer for consolidation, Autumn for harvest, Winter for persistence under stress.

5) Combine these forms of timing IF AND WHEN YOU CAN.

FURTHER ASPECTS OF TIMING

There are other forms of timing as well, and i describe them all in detail in my "Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course," in which there is an entire lesson on the many forms of timing. In the course i explain how talented and adept root doctors can compile the forms of timing best suited to each spell, in order to take advantage of the currents and rhythms of nature in their work.

To learn more about my course, see this web page:

http://luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

BellaMars

Unread post by BellaMars » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:09 am

I have read on the foum that if a spell needs to be cast right away that days/lunar cycles need not be taken into consideration.

I was wondering though if given the fact that today is a Full moon if there is any jar spell in particular that would benefit or be empowered by the Full Moon?

Today is a Full Moon in the zodiac sign of Virgo and its a Friday that is good for love work.

For example would today have been an extra beneficial day to start a Honey Jar Spell or any Love Work or Reconciliation Work on someone whose astrological sign is Virgo?
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

kymike78

Unread post by kymike78 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:26 am

From what I've read, I don't know that I would start one today unless it was an urgent matter.

The moon is about to start waning - getting smaller / going away - and that is typically good for spells or work where you want something to diminish.

So if you can, you would want to wait for a new moon so that the spell could grow as the moon waxes or grows towards full.

Here's a link to a thread - that I think you probably read - about the days and has some links in the discussion about the planetary / week day / zodiacal aspects of timing.

BellaMars

Unread post by BellaMars » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:43 pm

Thanks kymike. I dont have all the ingredients necessary so I cant start anything yet but I thought I was missing a good opportunity!

I am planning to do a white skull candle for clarity and wisdom and its a bit urgent is today (full moon) appropriate for this work? I would word it 'remove confusion' or something like that?
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Banishing work can be done during the Waning Moon, which is a time when the moon is growing smaller in size, although it is not necessary in conjure; you can reference further details here about Moon Phases

sunstallion

Unread post by sunstallion » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:25 am

For the next Waxing moon period, I want to do four separate candle burnings for friendships, love, money, and get into a professional school. Anyone recommends any oils for these four purposes ?

sakura

Unread post by sakura » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:54 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this, and I did a search and got like 1000 results! So my question goes like this. If I am to do a spell kit at the new moon, and the new moon is on Friday night, would it be ok to start the spell at dawn on Friday morning? I know that the day goes from dawn to dawn, so I'm thinking doing the spell before dawn is technically still doing it during the waning moon. BUT it's a love spell, and so I want to do it on Friday, and if I wait until dawn on Saturday, won't that be a bad idea, or will doing it before dawn on Saturday count as doing it on Friday's new moon, and therefore I still get Venus' influence and not the bad Saturn influence?

Does this make sense?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:35 pm

No, it would not be "okay" to do a New Moon spell BEFORE the New Moon. You would it either AT or AFTER the time of the New Moon.

What do i mean by "AT" or "AFTER"? It depends on the type of spell:

If it is a spell of cursing (a dark moon spell), you want to do it at night while the moon is totally dark. In your example, that would be Friday night

If it is a spell of removal (a waning moon spell), then you have any time within the 14-day cycle of the moon's waning to do it. In your example, that would be anytime UP TO Friday night (the New Moon), with preference given to the last 7 of those 14 days.

If it is a spell of attraction (a waxing moon spell), then you have any time within the 14-day cycle of the moon's waxing to do it. In your example, that would be anytime AFTER Friday night (the New Moon), with preference given to the first 7 of those 14 days.
catherine yronwode

sakura

Unread post by sakura » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:47 am

Thanks, Ms. Cat! So let me be sure I have this exactly right: a love spell would be done on the dawn following the night of the new moon? As in my example, the new moon is today, Friday, so I would do it at dawn on Saturday?

Is that right? Sorry to be so dense.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:01 am

Okay, now you explain that it is a drawing spell, and thus it should be performed AFTER the New moon. But i would not do it on Saturday. The reason is that we also work by the days of the week and their planetary rulers, and Saturn, ruler of Saturday, is a cold planet of duty, limitation, death, and restriction, whose day is most commonly utilized for binding spells.

Remember i said you have two weeks (14 days) -- you want to pick a day that is in the moon phase you prefer, but also on a day ruled by a planet harmonious to your intentions. Sunday is always good for blessings, Monday for matters of family and children, Wednesday for communication, and Friday for love.

Since you were told to time your spell after the New Moon, then rather than wait until next Friday, i would select Sunday if i were you.

Morning would be the best time of day, for as the Sun rises, so will love come to you.

For instance "nine at morning and nine at night every day for none days" is a formula for timing that i heard often when i was young. This is clock time, and is given without reference to the time of sunrise or sunset.

See the other threads in this forum for information about timing by Planets / Weekdays and timing by time of day / clock time.

See also these Lucky Mojo Forum threads and "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web pages --

Spell-timing: Planetary Influences, Days of the Week:
http://luckymojo.com/planetary.html

Spell Timing: Moon Phases, Moon Signs, Moon Void of Course:
spell-timing-moon-phases-t442.html

Spell-timing: Zodiac Signs:
http://luckymojo.com/zodiacal.html

Spell-timing: Time of Day or Night, Clock TIme
spell-timing-time-of-day-or-night,-cloc ... 11842.html
catherine yronwode

RowanPendragon

Unread post by RowanPendragon » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:44 pm

I wasn't sure where else to ask this question so I guess this is the best place to do it...

I'm wondering how though of you who have been doing hoodoo or rootwork for some time look at the issue of timing your workings. I have been a practicing Witch for 25 years and have almost always timed my work with either moon phases or planetary hours based except in extreme cases. Part of me has always felt very boxed in by this and I have wondered sometime if I've become even a little superstitious about it.

With doing this kind of work, in a traditional sense, how does timing play into it or is it not a considering factor? Is there any sort of custom for using moon, sun, or planetary timing in rootwork or is this sort of something that's up to the discretion of the worker? Does anyone have any have any thoughts one way or another on this?

Thanks! :)
Rowan

corazon

Unread post by corazon » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:06 pm

May I suggest doing a forum search on spell timing. There are many many threads on spell timing - moon timing - days of the week - hours, ect.

From my understanding it is up to the practitioner if they want to time things or not.

there is a wonderful page by miss cat here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/planetary.html

this page dives into the planetary and other timing aspects of magic. I particularly like the end of the page with the analogy of the weather.

michaeldavis
HRCC Student

Unread post by michaeldavis » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Rowan,

This is the most applicable reference I know of on the LM site: http://www.luckymojo.com/planetary.html.

Others here have a great deal more experience in hoodoo than I do; however, I have been a ceremonial magician for about 15 years and have worked extensively with the planetary hours, moon phases, stellar magic, and planetary magic in general. In my opinion, these observances can become tiresome when they move from "augmentation" into "restriction." I have experienced the "boxed-in" feeling you mention, especially when working with spiritual evocation in the grimoire tradition and with traditional correspondences of the Tree of Life.

That said, I was able to create some wiggle room by deliberately violating these strictures on a regular basis and accepting that my old paradigmatic beliefs about what should and should not be done would have to undergo a certain degree of upheaval if I wanted to be free from the straight jacket. My magical effectiveness ultimately came back and now I look at the hours, moon phases and mansions, etc. as additional foci--useful at times but not essential.

I do realize that for purists (particularly for many practicing the Old System style of straight grimoire magic), this is complete heresy. :o

MD
Aligned with the highest Good, all works are Crowned with Success.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm tossing this in the timing by Moon phases thread. It could just as easily have gone in the timing by planetary days thread or the timing by time of day and clock thread. Read those threads as well for further information.
catherine yronwode

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:18 pm

Oi, the Tree of Life has become far more than it was ever intended to be..

The key to any magical timing is to understand that they are meant to augment and help your work, not form a set of restrictions that you need to follow. Miss cat compared it to the weather and it really is an apt analogy.

michaeldavis
HRCC Student

Unread post by michaeldavis » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:59 pm

ConjureMan Ali wrote:Oi, the Tree of Life has become far more than it was ever intended to be..
"The Divine Filing Cabinet." Agreed. :ugeek:
Aligned with the highest Good, all works are Crowned with Success.

ANSUZEIHWAZ
HRCC Student

Unread post by ANSUZEIHWAZ » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:37 am

Hi Everyone

I work sometimes with astrology in my spells and I know that not everyone use planetary hours, planetary aspects, etc in their spells, but I want to know if the periods of the moon void of course have effects or not in hoodoo

THANKS

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:16 am

To an astrologer practing hoodoo, yes. To a non-astrologer practicing hoodoo, the question would not occur.

Moon void of course is a notation that appears in many old almanacs for planting and harvesting, and thus would have been known during hoodoo's rural history to those who could read. And urban African American hoodoo astrologers of the 1920s - 1940s, like Edward Lowe of Chicago and Dr. E. P. Read of Philadelphia would certainly have known of these things and worked with planetary hours -- in fact Lowe sold a planetary hour dial calculator tool in his own dream book and hoodoo catalogue.

Hoodoo is not monolithic. It does not consist of entombed and preserved African culture. There are many outlier overlaps with the magic and religious beliefs of other cultures, some of greater extent than others.

Quite a bit more astrological material is covered at my HITAP web site, in my HRCC book for students, and in my workshop classes on astrology and rootwork.

If you want the hand-out sheet from the astrology and rootwork class, it is available in the BOO-GRI-LMCF packet containing all Lucky Mojo flyers, which costs $9.00
catherine yronwode

ANSUZEIHWAZ
HRCC Student

Unread post by ANSUZEIHWAZ » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:10 am

Thanks for your answer Catherine, I'm an Astrologer, but not every magic beliefs use Astrology and it is important to me to follow the traditions. Some Magical practitioners I know use the Moon void of course to banishing workings to send the "negative energy" to the "Void".

I sign for your course past years ago, when it was available by email rather than in a book, but unfortunately I lost all the information of the course with other important personal information that I have in my email. I have my customer number and my student number too

I want to share the combinations that I have used with success for years working with the Zodiacal-Planetary-Hoodoo Lucky Mojo Spiritual Supplies. In what section should i post them?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:59 am

ANSUZEIHWAZ, welcome back!

I looked you up -- you are customer #309 in our database (out of 23,000 customer names now!) and you are student #676, who signed up for the course in 2005, but never turned in your homework in six years!

I'm sorry that you lost your lessons. The old email version had that problem -- hard drive crashes and software updates led to many students losing the material. The work is now much expanded and available in the form of a 432 page hardcover book.

I urge you to complete your studies, turn in your homework, and graduate from the Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course. Even without the lessons, you can find the homework assignments posted online here, and complete the work:

http://luckymojo.com/homework.html

Even better, from the standpoint of having the lessons in hand, would be getting replacement lessons. Students needing to replace their old email version with a book receive a $26.00 discount on the book -- the replacement is $78.00 instead of the $104.00 charged to new students. Please order the replacement book:

Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course (Replacement Copy or Spousal Copy)
by Catherine Yronwode
This is a special reduced price for a replacement book for existing students only, or for the spousal partner of an existing student; you must supply your student ID number when ordering and if the book is for a spouse, he or she will be interviewed by cat before being accepted as a student.
BOO-XCS-HRCC $78.00

I look forward to receiving your homework and finally having you graduate from the course.

As for where to post about astrological combinations with hoodoo -- these are the relevant Lucky Mojo Forum threads and "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web pages --

Spell-timing: Planetary Influences, Days of the Week:
http://luckymojo.com/planetary.html

Spell Timing: Moon Phases, Moon Signs, Moon Void of Course:
spell-timing-moon-phases-t442.html

Spell-timing: Zodiac Signs:
http://luckymojo.com/zodiacal.html

Spell-timing: Time of Day or Night, Clock TIme

Again, welcome back -- it's good to hear from you again.
catherine yronwode

ANSUZEIHWAZ
HRCC Student

Unread post by ANSUZEIHWAZ » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:03 am

Thanks Cath!!! I make my homework and buy the replacement book in my next order.

I have the "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" 2002, are there another printing?

AnddieUS
HRCC Student

Unread post by AnddieUS » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:17 pm

For those of you who use phases of the moon in conjunction with your work, I've found a good application for the iPhone, iPad, iTouch (it may be available for other devices as well); it is called MoonPhase. This is a nice app. that shows the daily rise/set times of the moon, phase, etc... And if your device has GPS, it can show you how the moon appears in your area. Hope this is of use.
Thank you Ancestors, St. Martha, St. Barbara and San Simon for all that you do on my behalf.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:47 pm

For best use, the app would have to show the SIGN of the moon as well. because working by the moon entails the symbolical relationship between the work and the moon sign. For example, planting in a fertile sign, not just when the moon is waxing for leaf crops or waning for root crops, but also when it is waxing or waning in a fertile sign. Paper almanacs always have this data, but moon phase charts often do not.
catherine yronwode

AnddieUS
HRCC Student

Unread post by AnddieUS » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:40 am

Thanks Ms. Cat! I went back into the application to check all of the features that come with this application, and it does show the sign that the moon is currently in. It can give you the phase, sign, set and rise times for the sun and moon for every day up until 12/31/2099. In addition, the application can be set to show the moon names according to the beliefs one follows (Native American, Wiccan (Medival & Neo Pagan), Calendar Month, Colonial American, Celtic and English). You are right though, this application does not provide the in-depth level of detail that a paper almanac does. But hopefully it can be of use to someone.
Thank you Ancestors, St. Martha, St. Barbara and San Simon for all that you do on my behalf.

hapinys

Unread post by hapinys » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:21 pm

I plan to start some breakup work this sunday. Is a specific time recommended or just start it anytime once the moon is out?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:20 pm

Actually this is a good time according to the moon's cycle, the moon is waning, to work breakup and according the the day, Saturdays are appropriate.

Read more about the Moon phases for spellwork at this HITAP page:
http://www.luckymojo.com/moonphases.html

Read about Planetary influences on spellwork at this HITAP page:
http://www.luckymojo.com/planetary.html

Planetary influences are also discussed in this Forum thread

The effect of Time of Day or Night, and Clock Time are discussed in this Forum thread:

Additionally, Mercury is in retrograde now, which means communication is affected.... and you can read about Eclipses and Retrogrades in this Forum thread:
spell-timing-eclipses-and-retrogrades-t2025.html

luckyboy

Unread post by luckyboy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:45 am

i normally work with the waxing moon to bring love but could I continue to do love drawing work during the waning moon? and if so should I do it any differently than when waxing.? please help.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:47 am

You can continue to work, just use a different form of timing. For instance sunrise is a powerful time for drawing work, as the sun is increasing in strength. You could also work while both hands of the clock are rising, for their drawing power. Or you could look up the planetary hours for your location, and choose to work during the hour of Venus. Of course you can also combine any of these methods too!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

luckyboy

Unread post by luckyboy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:58 am

great devi, that's very helpful so continue just switch the method. makes sense. thanks so much.

heartofgold1
Newly Registered

Unread post by heartofgold1 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:20 am

Hi,

1) I recently received my order of Look Me Over products, and I am supposed to start before a full moon, which is until October 11th, 2001.

I really need to do it now (September 20th, 2011). Is that alright?

2) I do not have the Look Me Over oil, but I have the incense, powder, and bath crystals, and a female red candle. Can I use Come To Me oil to anoint the candle, but use the Look Me Over incense while burning the candle, and the Look Me Over powder and Look Me Over bath crystals as well?

I hope it is clear :)

Thank you!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:43 am

1) "Before the full moon" is a TWO WEEK period. It does not mean a few days. See
for further details.
My Moon calendar does not quite agree with yours, by the way:

2011 Phases of the Moon
Universal Time
New Moon - First Quarter - Full Moon - Last Quarter
Aug 29 --- Sep 4 --- Sep 12 --- Sep 20
Sep 27 --- Oct 4 --- Oct 12 --- Oct 20

The dates in bold are waxing moon; the dates in Italics are waning moon. The dates of change are both bold and italic. So my calendar shows the next full moon as October 12, 2011, according to Universal time, not October 11, 2011, as you wrote. You are probably going by your own local time, but when we discuss Moon phases on the international internet, we always use Universal Time (formerly Greenwich Mean Time) so that we can communicate most effectively.

In any case, if you did want to work by the Moon's phase, you would start after Sepetember 27, 2011, about a week from now. If you did not want to work by the Moon's phase, you still have a choice of working by the Moon's sign of the Zodiac, by the days of the week, by the time of the day, by need, and so forth.

2) Mixing love-drawing products is fine and many people do it all the time!

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

JazzLove

Unread post by JazzLove » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to draw a specific person to me.

1) I wanted to know if I could start October 26, the New Moon.

Or should I wait until the moon starts waxing?

2) Also, lets say I start during the Waxing Moon, can I keep on lighting candles even throughout the Waning moon? Even though I did start during the desirable Moon phase?

For example, if I begin in when the moon is waxing, but haven't reached my goal and then the moon starts waning. Do I have to stop my spell until the moon waxes again OR can I keep on doing what I'm doing?

I hope you all understand my question. Thanks.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:53 pm

Hi, JazzLove --

First, i am merging your thread into the much longer thread on Moon timing. Go bck and read the whole thread -- and the links to the "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web pages on Moon timing and Planetary Timing -- and you will get a good idea of how i am about to answer --

1) Regarding a starting time:

October 25 is the New Moon, also called the Change of the Moon -- and you have more than one choice.

A) You can work by local clock time and wait until after the moment when the Moon changes from New to waxing.

B) You can wait the four days until the New Moon sliver (first crescent, Siva Moon) is visible at sunset and start your work then.

C) You can wait until the Moon is both waxing (by the clock OR by visible appearance) AND the Moon has entered a Zodiac sign propitious to your work (e.g. the sign Aries to influence someone's mind or for a good outcome in surgery; the sign Scorpio for sexuality; the sign Capricorn to influence a person whose sign sign is Capricorn or to foster stability in the relationship, etc.).

D) You can wait until the Moon is both waxing (by the clock OR by visible appearance) AND the Day of the Week is ruled by a planet propitious to your work (e.g. Friday for Venus and Love, Thursday for expansive business plans, etc.).

E) You can wait until the Moon is both waxing (by the clock OR by visible appearance) AND the Moon has entered a Zodiac sign propitious to your work AND the Day of the Week is ruled by a planet propitious to your work.

2) As to continuance of the spell, again, you have choices --

A) You can take the start date as having "set" the spell.

B) You can run the spell "hot and cold" or "in and out" -- drawing love while the Moon is waxing and reducing loneliness or driving away rivals while the Moon in waning, according to your particular circumstances.

3) And, of course, you can choose not to work by the Moon at all.

Every method described above is found within both old-school and contemporary hoodoo practice. There is no "one way," so try them out, see what results you get, see how you feel about these various methods both energetically and emotionally, and make your own path.
catherine yronwode

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”