Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Signs Omens Movement Completion of Spells Questions and Answers

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Signs Omens Movement Completion of Spells Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:13 pm

I read miss Cat's post somewhere saying it takes 3 days for some positive signs, 3 weeks for some movement and 3 months for a final showdown.
Trouble is, hon, and no offense intended -- i have NEVER said that or anything like that! I do not happen to believe it is true, either, so i have no reason to ever say it. I have NO IDEA what you mean by a "final showdown," but it doesn't sound like any kind of spell-casting or rootwork that i perform or teach to others, either. It's not your fault, but i really dislike it that people attribute false rule-making to me, and i try at least once a week to stop them from doing so.

Rather than point you to a bunch of wide-scattered forum posts i have made about the subject of signs, i am going to compile everything i have written here about signs into one post, so that people can put an end to this foolishness.

-----

SOMETIMES I PRAY FOR SIGNS AS I PERFORM THE WORK:

feeling-spiritually-depleted-t8177.html#p45951

Re: Feeling Spiritually Depleated

Post by catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:15 am

... i may pray something like this:

"As we have been together five months and now are apart, i will work for half the time we shared -- for 2 1/2 months or 6 weeks only -- to bring us back together, and i will devote my time to this quest fully and in perfect trust that You, Dear Lord and God, will lead my footsteps on this path. If our reunion is to be, show me three signs along the way, Dear Lord, to strengthen my resolve, but do not let my lover tarry over-long, for in the end i seek love and happiness, and if it is not to be with him, then it will be with another man of Your choosing, Dear Lord and God, my Guide."

-----

I TEACH MY STUDENTS TO LOOK FOR SIGNS

what-is-considered-a-"sign"-that-a-spel ... tml#p33914

Re: What is considered a "sign" that a spell is working?

Post by catherineyronwode » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:28 pm

A sign is an omen or significant coincidence or synchronicity that indicates a link between your spell and the target or between the target and the goal for which you have cast the spell.

Signs can take the form of coincident names, numbers, speech, animal movements, weather patterns, and, yes, dreams.

However, if you believe that dreams are "subconscious regurgitating," they will be of little or no use to you as signs.

Conjure is a world-view as much as a system of magic. Your question about dreams is similar to those asked by others from different world-views: Can i be an atheist and practice hoodoo? Can i practice hoodoo if i don't believe that herbs have spiritual power?

For you, if dreams have no value as spiritual signs but are merely "subconscious regurgitations," you would not be able to use dreams as signs.

The experience of seeing a sign is subjective and it is built upon a subjective belief in the efficacy of contact with a form of reality beyond the mundane, a glimpse into the liminal space between mundanity and spirituality.

Some seek signs in the Bible -- but if you don't believe the Bible is divinely inspired, you might not find signs there.

Some seek signs in nature -- but if you do not interact with nature, you will not be able to see signs there.

If your subjective experience is such that all activities are reducible to mundanity for you, you will not see signs at all, ever.

I suppose, if you and i sat down and talked for an hour or so, i could tell you more about what magic means to me and how i work with the spiritual and magical elements in my life, and you might find interest or encouragement to emulate my practices. But in a forum like this, where i am barraged by people who already work in the hoodoo tradition and are looking for short, informative, practical spell tips and help, i am not all that inclined to discuss the theory and the philosophy of magic. I have too much work to do answering practical questions about how to use the products we make.

So i'll just leave you with this thought:

Go with what you believe in.

-----

I TEACH A TRADITIONAL TIME-TABLE WHEN LOOKING FOR SIGNS

misc-candles-set-at-missionary-independ ... tml#p33169

Re: Candles set for me at MISChurch

Post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:44 am

After completing a spell (any spell, including candle burning, doll-making, setting up a honey jar, etc.), you may look for signs of coming success within three days, look for movement toward your goal within three weeks, and look for a final result within three months.

If you see no signs within three days, then you may want to add additional spell work; if you see no movement within three weeks, you definitely want to do more work; and if you get no results within three months, then whatever spell you tried (in your case, candle work, but this applies to all types of spell work) did not succeed and you should either give up the work or try again with a new and different approach, by which i mean not only a new and different spell, but also a new tactical approach toward your goal.

-----

burning-candles-vs-vinegar-jar-t1932.html#p9421

Re: burning candles vs. vinegar jar

Post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:47 pm

We look for signs in three days, for movement in three weeks, and for results in three months -- or the spell is deemed to not have worked. If you see no signs and no movement, you can persist in the spell for three months, but any longer would not be recommended by me.

-----

*question-about-cat%CA%B9s-comment-time ... html#p9262

Re: *Question about Cat's Comment: Time Limit on Honey Jar?

Post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:16 pm

You should look for some signs within 3 days, and look for some motion within 3 weeks. If you see no motion at all, even after three weeks, then the spell probably is not going to work. If you see some motion, then continue the spell work for 3 months or until you get satisfaction.

-----

I REINFORCE THE IDEA OF HEEDING THE SIGNS YOU SEE

hot-foot-on-nasty-co-worker-update-abt- ... html#p5246

Re: Hot Foot on Nasty Co-worker - update abt failed mission

Post by catherineyronwode » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:04 pm

Interpreting the outcome of a spell was taught to me like this:

Look for SIGNS in THREE DAYS.

Look for MOVEMENT in THREE WEEKS.

Look for COMPLETION in THREE MONTHS.

Now, signs, movements, and completion are three different things.

So many people think that they should proceed with a long-term spell even after the signs are bad, but for me, the opposite has always been true. Likewise, even if the signs were good to neutral, but i saw no movement in three weeks, i would walk away from the spell. We are not looking for last-minute turn-arounds here -- on the 90th day you get your result -- rather, we are looking for good signs, positive movement, and a successful outcome, completing the spell. If we get good signs and some good movement, we may add other spell work to the process, to increase our success rate. If we get bad signs and no movement, it is, in my experience, very unlikely that there will be a good outcome.

A spell/divination like this is a delicate dance. You laid your trick. Then you waited for a sign. You got a bad sign: the target responded by wiping away your spell work. End of story. Either try again but more sneakily, or use another spell, or give up.

I mean, what is the point of looking for signs, if you don't actually heed the signs?

-----

I REBUKE PEOPLE WHO ADVISE OTHERS TO NOT WATCH AND LOOK FOR SIGNS:

posting.php?mode=edit&f=24&p=33926

Re: What is considered a "sign" that a spell is working?

Post by catherineyronwode » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:06 pm

I STRONGLY, and i mean VERY STRONGLY! disagree with anyone who says that one "should not go looking for signs," and i consider that advice to be HOGWASH!

I will go even farther than that and give my opinion that it is a bunch of ANTI-MAGIC PROPAGANDA originally formulated by people who don't trust or respect the POWER of magical workings and who want people to disconnect their Wills from their Works.

In my life, i have always been taught by my elders in conjure -- and have always taught my students -- to "LOOK FOR SIGNS. "

LOOK!!!!

This includes looking around you in an alert manner, but also to SEEK signs.

Did you see above, in my earlier post, where i talked about getting signs from the Bible? Well, folks, the Bible is a closed book unless you OPEN IT AND LOOK.

This is called Bibliomancy.

Read all about it here, at the AIRR site:

http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... ibliomancy

LOOKING for signs is as traditional as it gets in hoodoo.

-----

I AM RELUCTANT TO JUDGE OTHER PEOPLES' SIGNS:

what-is-considered-a-"sign"-that-a-spel ... tml#p34009

Re: I feel like I got a sign - does someone else agree with me?

Post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Generally a sign relates to your work, that is, the spells you are casting.

Only you know if what you saw was indicative of success (or failure) for the kind of work you are doing.

For instance, if you were seeking harmony with your mate, then the fact that your notebooks lined up "accidentally" on a table was positive.

But say you'd been doing break-up work, trying to get two people to fight. Then the lining up of the notebooks would have indicated their desire to stay together and not break ranks, and would not have been a good sign.

This is why we don't interpret signs for people or interpret their dreams on this board. A reader may be able to instruct you, or you can learn more about this on your own, but our mission here is to hep you select and use Lucky Mojo products.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

missps2010

Unread post by missps2010 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:15 pm

Thank you and I apologize. I chked again and it was Devi's post..but I knew I had read it somewhere on this forum.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:21 pm

Well, i'll let her speak for herself, but the thing is, looking for signs during the course of three days is not the same thing as "waiting three days for positive signs" or even expecting that the signs you see must perforce be positive signs.

I encourage you to assume a state of heightened divinatory awareness -- watching and waiting.

But "looking" does not mean you will necessarily "get" any signs.

You see what i mean?

By the way, you can hire someone to divine signs for you. This page at the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers will provide more information:

Category:Interpretations of Dreams, Signs, and Omens
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _and_Omens
catherine yronwode

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:53 am

Whenever I talk about the 3day-3weeks-3months thing, I always say it's a guideline and nothing set in stone. Of course, it gets assumed by many that that's a hard a fast rule, even if someone says explicitly "this is a guideline".

As for signs, I mean don't get all obsessive about them. Many people who ask about signs on here are doing so in a state of mind that is not helpful to one's work - obsessively worrying, etc. If someone is running around all "OMG was that a sign? Is it working? OMG seriously? I don't know if that was a sign. Does that mean it's not working? OMG what about THAT? Was THAT a sign? Maybe its not working? I dunno." That's not really constructive.

Stay aware, but obsessing is usually born of worry and doubt and fear, and none of those things are good for your work. In my experience, a sign may be subtle but still stands out to you as important. Miss Cat is right on when she says above
I encourage you to assume a state of heightened divinatory awareness -- watching and waiting.
That kind of state of mind is quiet and centered - not frantic and scattered and desperate. How can you expect to hear Spirit when your mind is all in a tizzy? Disciplining the mind is an important skill to cultivate.

It all comes back to being confident in the work you've just done, and not obsessively worrying and doubting it. If you've enough faith in your work, and you have learned to discipline your mind, your work is not plagued by these constant fears. Certainly you still think about the work afterwards, but there's a big different between feeling good about anticipating a positive result and having faith in what will manifest throughout the day when you mind wanders to the subject, and thinking about whether or not it will work every 5 minutes.

If the work is not an ongoing process, don't let it be the center of my life - I've done the work, I'm waiting for the results, and I'm confident and living fully in the meantime. Doubt and obsession (which are disruptive to one's life as well as one's magical work) about a work is not a part of the equation.

I guess I can explain it like if you deal with a real-life problem. Let's say your electricity goes out. You know you're all up to date on payments, and you are. You check your fuse box, and everything is fine there. So you call the power company. They thank you for reporting the problem, see that there is a break in the lines (probably due to a downed tree branch), and they will be out to fix it shortly. They thank you for your patience.
Now - you had a problem. You determined that you needed help to resolve it. You called on help, and are now waiting for the results. You are confident that the issue will be resolved shortly, even though you are still without power in the meantime. Do you go around obsessively worrying about when is the power coming back on, peeking out the window for the blinking yellow lights of a repair truck, and flipping your lightswitches up and down to see if maybe they'll work this time? Or do you just go about your business as best you can, and when you do think about it know that the issue is being resolved?

THAT'S what I'm speaking about.

Hope that helps.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

missps2010

Unread post by missps2010 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:47 am

It sure does Devi. Thank you
I did talk to my friend and she did turn it down a notch. She said she was doing it for the first time and wasn't sure of what qualified as a 'sign' and since I didn't know either, I posted here. I'm glad she is waiting now although I did tell her to keep making efforts to contact him but she said she does but that's not workin yet. Hence....
But thank you :)

missps2010

Unread post by missps2010 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:49 am

catherineyronwode wrote:Well, i'll let her speak for herself, but the thing is, looking for signs during the course of three days is not the same thing as "waiting three days for positive signs" or even expecting that the signs you see must perforce be positive signs.

But "looking" does not mean you will necessarily "get" any signs.

You see what i mean?
I agree. Thank you

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Thank GOD this post was posted and for ALL of the responses. (Me) the eternal optimist-- just got teary eyed and choked up!!!

I remembered seeing this post a few days ago and just had to share. I have spent the last 12 hours trying to do something that-- for me is like rocket science, and I'm still not finished!!! Then I saw an ad with my "sign" and I swear the tag line was "don't flip out, come (here)" for "a restaurant" (like relax don't sweat it) .... with not 1, not 2, but 3 of the things (all three dealing with my newest endeavor and ALL THREE - and appeared in this ad).

I have been ready to throw the computer in the street!!!!! For the first time in hours (just a few) I don't feel depressed and frustrated, in fact I am LOL.

So thank you, missps2010 for posting because the wealth of information you received, by so many, gave me the insight not just to feel hope, but look for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

missps2010

Unread post by missps2010 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:31 pm

Your welcome sweety :)

Sandi

Unread post by Sandi » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Is it when you light the candle or once it has burned out? thanks...

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Depends on the work. I'll assume you are speaking of something that centers around a candle because of your question - and still it depends on the exact nature of the spell. Generally speaking, as soon as you begin going through the motions and prayers such as dressing the candle, writing a petition, etc, the work has begun.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:59 pm

I think a spell can start as soon as you start assembling, and putting together the ingredients, and writing the petition. I mean those little things start. I know some people have see signs just when they are dressing, or writing the petitions. So It doesnt have to be right when you light the candle necessarily.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Sandi

Unread post by Sandi » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:14 pm

oh, yes, I should have clarified. I mean a simple, 7-day vigil candle. So then I can start looking for signs 3 days after I light the candle? and do signs start and finish at that 3 day mark (realizing the 3 days is a rule of thumb) or can signs continue to present themselves the entire time your spell is working? I ask because I feel like I am receiving signs weeks later and would like to know if I can attribute that to my spellwork.

thankyou

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:30 pm

Three days is just a very general guideline. You could see signs before or after that time frame - there's no deadline for it or anything. Miss Cat has posted about this topic a few times on the forum. Her posts might clarify things for you.

signs-t8017.html#p46266
misc-candles-set-at-missionary-independ ... tml#p33169
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:47 pm

Good Luck on your work Sandi.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:07 am

Agree with all the above posts, especially--Thelightfantastic.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Sandi

Unread post by Sandi » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:57 am

thanks for the replies but that's not quite what I am asking. I am familiar with the 3/3/3 in terms of general guidelines and I've actually previously read through the thread you posted here. What I am asking is if signs start and end at that general-three-day-rule-of-thumb mark or do signs start at that general-three-day-rule-of-thumb mark and then you go on to show themselves throughout the whole process up until completion. I hope that makes more sense. thank you

Social1978

Unread post by Social1978 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:05 pm

Good question. I hope someone answer soons as I would like to know as well. Very interested in also knowing if say for instance on the 3rd the person contacted you but not directly does that mean that this is what will continue to happen? I don't know. May need to get a reading.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:12 pm

Yes, signs do not just stop after 3 days....and they may not even appear in the first 3 days.It is just a guideline...basically what I mean signs could appear in 4 or 5 days. In addition, I can say in my own personal work I will see signs in the first 3 days, but as I go on to do the work, I will continue to get signs. I mean they do not just stop suddenly after 3 days simply because it is the 3rd day.

@social 1978...someone contacting you but not directly such as if they inquire about you through a friend or something could be the beginning of your work working. In your case, your target left a ticket or whatever on your car, that can be a sign of movement, and it cannot be. This is why you need to get a reading. We are not going to be able to reassure you about this, and it would be further answered in a reading.

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:07 am

Sandi

The guidelines says to look for signs on the third day - that just means you should be aware of the day and look at things a bit more closely or not simply dismiss them as coincidence straight away. That doesn't mean that those three days are the only window of opportunity for a sign to present itself. Like stars said, signs aren't just going to suddenly start or stop because it's day three.

Things just aren't that rigid and controlled in hoodoo or any workings that I know of.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:12 am

Hi Sandi,
I am not sure that this is what you are asking, but typically in the work that I do I advise clients to start paying attention AFTER the spell work is completed. So on the 7th day of your candle spell is when I would advise you to start paying attention for signs. Now starsinthesky made an excellent point--sometimes in gathering your supplies and beginning work you will already get hits. I have done spells to remove blocks or open up roads where someone involved was deliberately trying to keep them closed--and I could tell from the very beginning. I'd go to get my lemongrass and find that it was "missing", I'd go to get my Road Opening oil and find that it was "misplaced." Things like that can be signs of resistance. Likewise, you can be working on anointing a candle for a love spell and the object of your affections might call you in that moment--that too is a sign.
Hope that helps!
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:59 am

The way i see it, the reason this happens is because the target feels -- and feeds off of -- the energy of your spell-casting, and enjoys the spiritual attention, but the minute you let go of the spell and truly give up, the target crashes to the ground -- no more energy! -- so they contact you or give some other sort of sign.

Personally, i would not take this as a sign to continue the work. Quite the contrary; i would take it as a sign that you have been having an effect all along but that the target is an energy vampire, and will smugly take all the energy you have to give.

I'd take a break, as noted, and see what happens next. When yiou restart the work, set a time limit, and see what happens.

If the target is done, then you can be done too.

If the target responds some more, then gradually start the work again and see if you get good results.

But be aware that you may just be returning to a situation where your energy is being used by a spiritual egoist.
catherine yronwode

Olivialeigh

Unread post by Olivialeigh » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Hmm is it typical to see many signs over the course of a couple weeks and then see movement? I dont recall ever having the experience of ever seeing just one sign followed by movement. I actually try not to usually look for them and just trust that things will work out.. I dont like to think too much about my spellwork.

However, I keep seeing crazy signs everywhere for my latest spell. Maybe because it is very close to my heart? Im not really looking for them and they wont stop coming.

I also was wondering, can the universe give you physical signs? I only ask because I was walking home the other day and my thoughts randomly fell on the spell targets. It was a calm day with no wind at all, but as I was walking by some bushes and trees a strong gust of wind almost knocked me down.. No one else seemed to experience this bizarre gust of wind that came out of nowhere. The air was calm immediately after. It was pretty bizarre because the bushes and trees around me looked like they were going to get ripped out of the ground. As soon as I had passed them, it stopped. Anyway, I got an overwhelming sensation that everything was working out in my favor and that the universe was giving me a signal. Ive never experienced that before.

Does this sound like something that would be a sign, or has anyone experienced something like that before? or am I just losing it?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:27 pm

In reference to the gust of wind, I would get a reading and see if that is connected to your work. Yes you can constantly see signs throughout your work. They do not end at 3 days, but you may start receiving signs within 3 days of the completion of the spell work. Signs are personal, so we cannot tell you if it is a sign related to your work. I would schedule a 10 minute reading and see what that meant.

Olivialeigh

Unread post by Olivialeigh » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Thanks Starsinthesky!

corazon

Unread post by corazon » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Great advice jwmcclin, ConjureMan, and starsinthesky7

I would agree with all of you, signs are subjective.. if YOU think its a sign, maybe it is? think about it, journal it, try to interpret it objectively.

I like this topic a lot... but I also like to hear success stories a lot. :)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Examples from my life:

Nature of the work: Love work to draw "my future husband."

Sign: a man i know through the internet but have never met turns out to live on a street called Ironwood Drive. My last name, yronwode, is pronounced "Ironwood."

Movement: he comes to see me and we fall in love.

Completion: he proposes marriage and we marry, and he legally changes his last name to yronwode.

OBSERVING TIMES TO GAUGE PROGRESS

The way i recommend is to watch and wait for signs for three days.

If you get no signs, watch and wait for signs and movement for three weeks.

If you get no signs and no movement, watch and wait for completion in three months.

If you get no signs, no movement, and no completion in three months, that spell is probably not going to work for you.
catherine yronwode

Phoenix333

Unread post by Phoenix333 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:42 am

Some recent signs I've had:

Working a Crown of Success spell, something prompts me to look up as I'm driving, and I see a sign for "Crown Bank," which I'd never noticed before.

5 minutes after working a Boss Fix spell, my husband turns on the tv, and the man onscreen looks *exactly* like the character on the bottle of Boss Fix oil.

As an "amicable breakup," spell for a client was set into motion, I flip through the channels on the tv, and come to land on Seinfeld (not a show I usually watch). In it, Jerry and his fiancee are sitting down, and both say they need to tell the other something. At the same time, they both say, "Well, I hate you!" and then amicably agree to end things.

doughnut_hand

Unread post by doughnut_hand » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:52 am

when i did a honey jar for the first time, the guy i did it for started singin "our song" exactly 3 days after.

I thought it odd and took note of it, at that time i was new to hoodoo and didnt know to look out for signs. Few days later i was on this forum and found out about looking for signs to know if it was working, and i was amazed to say the least.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:42 pm

There are all kinds of signs, more than not, they are right there and we dont notice them. Than there are times we are 'looking' and dont consider what is right in front of us. As simple as a money drawing spell and you find 25 cents...I would say my money drawing is working but some will say, heck I need 25 dollars not 25 cents...again I see 25 cents as money, even when I get an unexpected refund...money drawing is working.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Yes, I find in money-drawing work many things that I go to buy end up being on sale, so I end up spending less than expected which basically is putting money in my pocket. I consider all these discounts and rebates and such as signs of a successful working. When those start showing up, I know other money is also on the way.

Olivialeigh

Unread post by Olivialeigh » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:37 am

Just a question about signs. I like Cat's description of signs, movement, and completion. I was wondering , is it possible to see signs everywhere but no no movement or completion? I wasnt sure if as a rule they all need to happen?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:27 am

It's possible, yes. If you feel something stalling out, then you need to have another reading done on the situation to see what has changed, and how you can adjust your approach.

Olivialeigh

Unread post by Olivialeigh » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:55 am

Thanks for the response Devi Spring!
lets hope all these signs facilitate movement and completion for what I'm working on!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:26 am

Good Luck in your work Olivialeigh...stay positive.

Brujita Angelical

Unread post by Brujita Angelical » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:08 am

I was reading another thread on here and Miss Cat made mention of how important it is to set a time limit on your work, which makes perfect sense because you don't want to work forever on something, but it got me thinking.

Back in April I did Return To Me work. Vigil candle (myself and at the church), honey jar, etc. and I think I had said I would give it until Summer because that was about 4 months and everyone has mentioned how slow moving honey jars are ex.

Now we are in October (give a day or two) and the work I did has worked somewhat literally. I am not back together with my ex (yet I suppose) whom i did the work for, but he is LITERALLY returning to my state (he had moved away to another) so it made me wonder...

I put a time on it but it happened after the time frame I set so where does that leave me?

Do I continue what I was doing? or rather what do you do if a spell works but it took longer than what you had set it for?

I supposed if I wanted I could try Reconciliation work and should get a reading to see whats next.

I just wanted to hear others views about setting time limits on their work and what they did if it worked later than they set it for.
Thank you, Archangel Michael for your constant protection.

doughnut_hand

Unread post by doughnut_hand » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:31 am

i say get a reading. dont stop doing work yet.

seems like its taking effect, ask you reader what to do next. I would follow with a spell kit like reconciliation or something

Olivialeigh

Unread post by Olivialeigh » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:31 am

Thanks J, I will!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:40 am

I would also get a reading on this before moving either way - either to stop, or to go forward with more work.

Generally speaking, when I put a limit on the work, I vow to STOP when that deadline comes. But I understand that it seems that perhaps positive movement is occurring in a way. I would ask yourself, other than him relocating closer to you, what progress on the RELATIONSHIP has happened. If you're still at ground zero, and it's just that he's moving closer, then I would strongly consider just letting it go. But if the relocation is accompanied by positive relationship developments, then a reading will help you make a better decision.

Brujita Angelical

Unread post by Brujita Angelical » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:53 am

yes that makes sense, a reading i will get when I can. The relationship has improved in that we are on friendly terms again and have spoken. We went from not speaking for months to speaking, becoming friends again and now he is moving back. I was going to see if anything improved once he was back here which i think might be in a week or two. but I guess both of you are right a reading would be best to determine this either way.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:42 pm

What you have seen is "movement" but not "completion." That is, the spells have had the effect of starting him back toward you physically and you are also getting along better emotionally.

Distinctions between signs, movement , and completion are part of the observations one makes after starting a work. They are not necessarily part of setting a time limit on your work.

You ask whether your observations of signs and movements can be such that they will allow you to over-ride your previously set vow of a time limit to the spell.

We cannot answer that for you. Consult a reader, mentor, or teacher.

There is a difference between

TIMING A SPELL
OBSERVING TIMES TO GAUGE PROGRESS:
SETTING A TIME LIMIT ON YOUR WORK

For information on TIMING A SPELL:

See
spell-timing-moon-phases-t442.html
spell-timing-planetary-influences-days- ... t1429.html
spell-timing-eclipses-and-retrogrades-t2025.html

For information on OBSERVING TIMES TO GAUGE PROGRESS:

See
signs-movement-completion-examples-wanted-t6436.html

For information on SETTING A TIME LIMIT ON YOUR WORK:

Talk to your rootworker, consult your spirits, and / or pray to God for guidance.
catherine yronwode

Brujita Angelical

Unread post by Brujita Angelical » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:32 am

aw Miss Cat where would we all be without you! :D I can't believe I didn't notice this! you are so right, movement! It must be because I was so stuck on the number 3 (3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months), which is rediculous for me to do that. I've started reading the links you suggested and plan to also get a reading on this with an AIRR member too for better guidance.

thank you again I really enjoy learning from you and other LM members.

Brujita Angelical

Unread post by Brujita Angelical » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:21 am

ok here is my example so as I posted on a recent thread I started Return to Me work last April on my ex. he had moved away to another state. This week he moved back to the state I live in and Ms. Cat pointed out to airhead me that this is movement. Not only is our relaitonsihp improving but he literally moved back here and in some form "returned to me". I have to get another reading to see whether to proceed with further work or what and so I have bene thinking about this and about our relationship and what to do etc. and just now the mailwoman comes in and has me sign a letter, the stree of the address it came from? CHUPAROSA. :D so Ill continue to work at it as that is a GREAT sign to move forward! :D

truzzie

Unread post by truzzie » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:55 am

Brujita Angelical

It's funny that you said that Brujita, as I'm doing some reconciliation work on my ex atm myself, and one of my signs was also a street name. Was cleaning up my room, and had the news on the tv, wasn't really listening/watching, it was just background noise. And suddenly I look up at the screen and my ex's street name was emblazoned on the screen (in this case, it was referring to a church, but it doesn't change the fact that it was his street name, and I don't associate that name with anything else, nor is it a common name). I took that as a positive sign. Keeping my fingers crossed that some movement starts taking place soon.
~truzzie

dasha

Unread post by dasha » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:00 pm

for me, a sign is usually a positive general feeling or a mood change. my mood is always affected by weather, other people's moods, vibes, etc. so when i get a good 'feeling' after doing my work, i know its working!

egyptianqueen

Unread post by egyptianqueen » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:35 pm

cat description is perfect. now I know what to look for.

Transformer

Unread post by Transformer » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:48 am

I discovered this site in April when I was trying to reconcile with an ex.

I had my first reading where I was told reconciliation was very possible. I was told to work a Honey Jar and Courage. I received signs and movement and then it went quiet.

I went in for another reading to find out what happened. I was told to work Attraction and Healing. I hired a professional. I received signs and movement and then it went quiet.

I went in for the next reading to find out what happened. The professional added Wisdom and Clarity. I received signs and movement and then it went quiet.

I gave up. Two months later, I felt compelled to give it one last shot.

I started over with a new reading which again said reconciliation was very possible. My new rootworker is doing all sorts of stuff. I received strong signs and movement. I was certain this was it. but it's starting to go quiet.

Has anyone experienced this? Did you ever see it go to completion? Any suggestions? Any insight? thank you

doughnut_hand

Unread post by doughnut_hand » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:24 am

why dont you bring it up with your worker?
ask them about it. Have they done readings to see what the problem is?

and why do you keep changing workers? do your new workers know of your past worK?

Besides the honey jar what have you tried?
Maybe you might require a LOT more than that. set vigils, maybe do a moving candle , perhaps even a doll baby.

But more importantly its been more than 6 months, you need to set a date to know when to give up. you cant keep at a dead situation .

Transformer

Unread post by Transformer » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:02 pm

I don't keep changing workers. I changed once. I only changed because my original worker did not seem particularly interested in my case. My new worker is aware of my past work. We decided to start from a clean slate.

I did get readings to see what the problem was that's why new approaches kept surfacing. Every new reading brought a new approach.

I have done many things. Candles, moving spells, honey jars, MISC lights, doll baby, skull candle.

The question is - my work always produces very good signs and very promising movement. Always. and my readings always say success is in the air. I am asking why this never rounds out to completion when the build up is there.

thanks

Mr Howard

Unread post by Mr Howard » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:30 pm

Hey babybio

Without knowing the details of the separation and the previous readings, it can take awhile to turn someone around. My biggest suggestion to you would be to increase your focus on your goal. You are paying to much attention to the possibility of whether it is going to work this time or not that your focus is slipping. Please don't confuse focus with wishful thinking, for the strength of any work is determined by ones focus. I would suggest a cleansing process to get rid of the past works influence; such as LMj Tranquility bath crystals: http://www.luckymojo.com/bath-tranquility.html, LMJ Tranquility Oil to anoint yourself and to remind you of what you are trying to accomplish: http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-tranquility.html. I would also suggest letting Luck Mojo set you up with Pink candles, for you to burn, they will dress (anoint the candles for you) http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#colour

Remember to stay focused on the positive outcome you desire, it is your energy that is feeding the magic.

Peace.
[b]Peace,[/b]
[b]H.[/b]

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:49 pm

You don't really give us much to work on. What type of movement and signs are you getting for example? What are the dynamics of the case?

When you did your work did your lover call? Is that the movement you saw? Are you guys on speaking terms? Have you dated? Attempted to reconcile? Is there someone else in the picture? And so on.

Why am I asking all this? Because cases are more complex then the black and white, "do you guys get movement but no completion" question. However, your reader and rootworker knows all of these nuances and speak to them if you bring these issues for them to address.

As random members of a public forum we can't really say much beside our opinion. If you've set a deadline for your work then simply stick to it with full faith and focus. If your deadline has passed then it may be time to move on.

The way signs and movement works is that if you are receiving positive from both then that means that your work is heading towards your desired outcome. However we live in a world of constant change, flux, and free-will. These latter factors can always change the direction of any work.

Hope that makes sense.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

rpir09

Unread post by rpir09 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Hello everybody,
I need your experience on the following situation.
I have had candle burning services, namely money drawing, prosperity and fast luck from mid September on in order to improve a business have more sales.
Reports were not bad, however some delays but not serious obstacles etc.
This week, after I had already got the reports, this business drew a tremendous number of customers. People would come in and out all day. But only for one day. Then it stopped.
So, what is toye opinion: was it a sing, a movement or maybe some fast luck boost just for one day?
Your opinions and considerations always highly appreciated

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Personally, I think it is some movement on the fast luck, and could be a sign of what is to come with the other work that you have been doing. I think you should do a road opener, and perhaps do a cleansing of the business through the use of chinese wash, or some diluted ammonia. In addition, I think you should get a follow up reading to see what the delays are.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:03 am

We really can't do readings here, folks. That is not the function of this forum.

Please respect our mission here and don't ask for readings.

If you are one of our four lucky callers per week, you can get a FREE reading on the weekly Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour Radio Show:

LMHRH: http://luckymojo.com/radioshow.html

You can also purchase a ten minute, half-hour, or one-hour reading with any member of the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers, at prices ranging from ten dollars on up.

AIRR: http://readersandrootworkers.org

Thanks!
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:12 am

babybio -- i am not trying to speak on behalf of or against your root doctor, i personally will never undertake work for a client unless we set a date limit on our work. By changing workers, you basically reset the time-clock.

Additionally, you can hire someone to divine signs for you. This page at the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers will provide more information:

Category:Interpretations of Dreams, Signs, and Omens
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _and_Omens
catherine yronwode

Transformer

Unread post by Transformer » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:59 am

actually, I'm glad you mentioned that and I'm okay with it. I was concerned I wasn't giving my second rootworker, or second round at this, a fair chance because my cut off date is so close to his start date. I'm glad I can now allow myself the liberty to re-set the clock with my new worker. He is really fantastic so I would like to give this all it deserves. thanks...

pinkyd

Unread post by pinkyd » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:09 pm

i just got my spell casted by a rootworker. But, i still have yet to see results. I'm very patient.... But, out of curiosity, I want to know how long does it usually take? It's been exactly 1 week already.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:53 pm

Well what type of spell is it? Generally, you should look for some sign within a few days, movement in a few weeks, and completion in a few months. However there are lots of factors that effect manifestation rates, so there isn't a set in stone rule.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Transformer

Unread post by Transformer » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:51 am

Hi, I'm not sure if I just received completion and was hoping someone would share their thoughts.

As I mentioned above, I'm on a second round of work with a new rootworker. Before we started, my ex and I weren't even speaking. Within a month of getting involved with my worker, my ex contacted me, we met a few times, he was very affectionate, told me how much he cares for me, we spent hours reminiscing and on and on. sounds good, right?

So I guess I pretty strongly hinted reconciliation in both my words and actions and my ex felt the need to spell out for me that we are just friends now. sounds bad, right?

So is this my completion? It all looked so good and then wham. but it's only been a month. what do you think? thank you!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:22 am

You need to speak with your rootworker, and have them address your concerns. It has only been a month; however, I would recommend that you speak with your rootworker to get a reading to make sure things are still progressing. "then wham" You see this as a set back>? I mean you and him were not even speaking, and now you and him are speaking. Sometimes being someone's friend can develop back into intimacy again. Its is not always a bad thing. And not to mention he probably wants to see if you change your ways, or if you can handle things between you and him right now.

Again, speak with your rootworker, and see if things are still in progress (which it seems you have gotten some movement). Reconciliation work should be steady, and not fast. The work needs to build a strong foundation rather than lets get back together, sweep things under the rug, and then the same problems surface...then put that same cycle on repeat.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:54 am

Wise post from Stars.

I'd say that what you have seen now is "movement," but not completion.

The two of you were not talking at all, now you are talking. That's movement in the right direction, but he says he wants to remain friends, and not to resume being lovers -- hence this is not yet completion.
catherine yronwode

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”