Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Lodestone and Magnetic Sand Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Lodestone and Magnetic Sand Questions and Answers

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:04 am

...speaking to the herbs and asking the spirits to help your work is quite common tag227. Good Luck in your work!
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Hausfrau

Unread post by Hausfrau » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:27 pm

I set up my lodestone working in my closet about a week ago. I have been talking to him almost daily, but so far he hasn't been drawing the things I'd ask him for. Is there any way to "heat up" lodestone workings? I can only burn tea lights in my home BTW. Not so much seven day vigil candles.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi Hausfrau great to see you again :). A little lodestone oil once in a while and "magnetic sand to feed", but there is a real good thread from yesterday too where Butchcomer (great ideas and thought) and Hail Discordia (equally awesome) spoke about surrounding him with Money, Bank Statements and writing in an amount and dressing with Money drawing too.:
suggestions-for-lodestone-sachet--t8599.html#p48478
hope that link works (im dealing with technical challenges, working daily to improve)
:)
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Hausfrau

Unread post by Hausfrau » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:25 pm

I'm gonna have to try that bank statement trick :)

What do you guys usually tell your lodestones?

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:30 pm

Devi Spring

So, if you are doing a moving lodestone spell how long would you wait before you cleaned the lodestones and would you do the spell again or just put them back together on their tray?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:37 pm

There isn't one way to answer that question because there isn't one way people deal with moving lodestones. Some people perform the spell over a few days then bury the lodestones together, place them under their bed, place them in a mojo hand, or keep them on their love altar.

I for one will repeat a moving lodestone spell that I've compeleted once a year. I wash them off then do the rite over again. For me its like spring-cleaning. Its anniversary comes around and I refresh the love and bonds that bind.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Buttercup

Unread post by Buttercup » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:02 am

Thanks so much Devi, I was really worried that something was wrong with them.

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:35 am

I'm so happy I found this thread, it was exactly what I was looking for!! :)

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:45 am

Thank You in advance, I'd call the LM store to ask myself, but because of the timezones, not open yet! hehe

Similar to my mojo question, if I haven't used or touched/fed lodestones for over a yr, are they considered neutral/inactive until I touch it? I just kept them in their plastic bags. I'm assuming not, and they'll be active when I touch them? similar to my mojo question :) and Cat's wonderful analogy of tamagachi toys..

Correct? I hope I'm correct with the stones not being dead!

xoxo
mimiso!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:21 am

Talk to the stones and see how they feel to you. Wash them in some whiskey and feed them. See if they feel alive or not - do a divination to confirm.

Stones are a bit different than mojos because they have their own intrinsic spirit being a natural object. Their life is completely independent of you and your efforts. Feeding and working it works to make friends with the spirit and keep it working on your behalf. They can die, of course. But it usually has more to do with exhaustion. They can quit working for you from your neglecting it once you initially enter into a relationship with it.

Mojos are a spirit entity that gets crafted and called into being using the spirit-energy from the various herbs utilized, but will need to be maintained to keep the mojo spirit alive. That mojo-spirit is dependent on you and your feedings for its continued life - therefore if you neglect it, it dies. Period.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:25 am

Thank You so much for this clarification Devi. I'll go ahead and do that, and see how it goes!

jewelzdevone

Unread post by jewelzdevone » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:14 pm

I actually just received my second order from Black Cat Root Shack and am very happy with the product. She shipped super fast and is really good with communication and special requests.

<3
J

chaitanya

Unread post by chaitanya » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:55 am

Hello there,
:idea: I woke up this morning with Peony root oil on my mind, i was somewhat in a dream state, I am really excited to have ordered it. I am wondering if it could be used with a lodestone for the properties it has, protection, health, longevity, and luck. I am just not sure if it makes sense :? could i also then dress three smaller stones like little seeds or babys to put near the larger lodstone dressed in peony root oil, with Healing, Clarity and Tranquility. Are these Oils and their qualities something i could attract?
I hope i make sense and very much appreciate any help with my inquiry. my mane concern is health work.
thanks all who read this!
Peace, chaitanya

lucio

Unread post by lucio » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:16 pm

hello all im new on the forum and have a general question about lodestones... giving that lodestones are often used for attraction work can i place a lodestone in some water and expect it to have a magical result or would it not work in that matter please anyone with any info on this i would really appreciate it.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Welcome to the forum lucio, please read here about, "How to use lodestones in conjure" http://www.luckymojo.com/lodestone.html

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:42 pm

Don't put your lodestone in water - it will rust. Read that link that jwmcclin provided above. :)

lucio

Unread post by lucio » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:12 pm

jwmcclin wrote:Welcome to the forum lucio, please read here about, "How to use lodestones in conjure" http://www.luckymojo.com/lodestone.html

thank you jwmcclin i appreciate you sending me the link.....
Devi Spring wrote:Don't put your lodestone in water - it will rust. Read that link that jwmcclin provided above. :)
also thank you devi i understand that the lodestone will rust when placed in water......

i thank those moderators who have posted answers to my question im grateful for that..... however im still not able to get a concrete answer from that link... maybe i should try asking differently yes im gonna try that..... if i where to place a lodestone in water would the water be charged with magnetism then when i bathe with that water would that water have attraction in it.... well i hope someone can answer that for me... have a great night again thank you for the people who answered have a good night....

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:23 pm

You have been told not to place your Lodestone in water.

Listen to what you are told; conjure work follows certain methodologies because they are practical and useful.

MIN-LOD-DLG2
Lodestone, Large Matched Pair
$10.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Now, on to your actual question:

To make a Lodestone-infused bath water for attraction, use Lodestone Oil or Lodestone bath crystals added to the bath water. Alternatively you may soak your Lodestone in Whiskey and add a few drops of the Whiskey to the bath water. You may also drink the whiskey by the teaspoonful for inner attractiveness.

Don't rust up a good Lodestone.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

lucio

Unread post by lucio » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:20 am

hey how you jwmcclin i have read that link and it realy doesnt answer my question.......... i undertsnad that it will corrode if placed in water however my question wasnt answered.... thanks and have a great day

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:29 pm

If you're hell bent on making magnetized water, try getting a plastic coated magnet and placing it in the water. That way nothing corrodes, and you're not harming a living being (yes - lodestones are living entities), and you'll have water which has been infused with magnetic qualities. I would not recommend drinking that water, but you can certainly use it to sprinkle around or as a base for a spray.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:17 pm

You were given an answer. Don't put the Lodestone in the water.

Miss cat wrote: "To make a Lodestone-infused bath water for attraction, use Lodestone Oil or Lodestone bath crystals added to the bath water. Alternatively you may soak your Lodestone in Whiskey and add a few drops of the Whiskey to the bath water. You may also drink the whiskey by the teaspoonful for inner attractiveness. "

There you go.

lucio

Unread post by lucio » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:48 pm

ok ty people of the forum my mistake i answered but when i did i was on page 6 instead of hear ty for the replies every have a good day.......

emu81684

Unread post by emu81684 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi. I have a lodestone question. I have been doing an Attraction Spell kit for a man, one I already have a set of very powerful little lodestones for and a honey jar. My problem is that my lodestone for the spell 'died' at some point during the spell. I have two days left on the attraction kit and the only reason I found out was my little alter that the spell was being preformed on was bumped and the sand, all but very, very little that actually stuck, slid off the stone. I don't know why but the poor little guy just lost his 'life' some point during the spell or he just wasn't too strong before hand. I was wondering if I could use my two that have already been named and I've been working on for a while in his place and bury him? Like I said their for the same situation and the same guy so I don't see a problem with it but I was wondering if I should just simply stop and start a new candle and spell with my stronger and very much alive stones or just finish the two knobs left with them? Thank you.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:28 pm

Hmmm. I would have a reading on that one. I would take that as a sign that perhaps this case is not going well, and I would want to check in with a reader to find out what's going on and how you can adjust your work to compensate.

http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

emu81684

Unread post by emu81684 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:59 pm

Thanks much. I was kind of hoping that I just hadn't noticed he was already gone, but I will do just that and get a reading.

beautiful

Unread post by beautiful » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:11 pm

I wanted to know if I can dress a lodestone I am going to insert into my doll baby with a love oil and then magnetic sand to it after at the same time and put it in the doll?
you are beautiful no matter what they say...

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:26 pm

I usually dab a small amount of oil on my stones along with feeding them, so yes.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:12 pm

Read and learn further information about Lodestone's care here http://www.luckymojo.com/lodestone.html

beautiful

Unread post by beautiful » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:20 am

Ok thank you very much. I plan on dressing it first and then adding the magnetic sand to it after. Since I am putting it in my doll, after a year, should I take it out and cleanse/baptize it to get new energy for it going or just leave it as is inside the doll?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:16 am

Read the link...

beautiful

Unread post by beautiful » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:47 am

Ok got it this time. I was really tired last night. :p

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:48 am

I think you got the answer that you were looking for, but I want to clarify the language that you were using both hopefully to benefit you and also to benefit other new folks on the forum. You are not "dressing" the lodestone with the oil and sand. You are anointing the lodestone with the oil and you are feeding it with the magnetic sand. These terms are not all interchangeable--they really do have specific meanings. We dress vigil candles, free standing candles, and other objects with things like herbs, sachet powders, and in the vase of candles glitter--but when you are rubbing oil onto an object it is called anointing. You feed a lodestone magnetic sand because we believe that lodestones are living and they must, like mojo hands, be fed on a regular basis :-)
Hope that helps!
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

beautiful

Unread post by beautiful » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:33 pm

That makes wonderful sense Miss Bri! Thank you for the clarification! =)

rs2010

Unread post by rs2010 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:00 pm

I started working my lodestones last week. Baptized them, anointed them, and then fed them. Now I will feed them again soon, but my question is do you anoint them every time you feed them? Or is this done only once when starting?
If you do anoint them every time you feed them, do you carefully do so that it will not brush off magnetic sand? I appreciate any help with this.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:43 pm

I drizzle a little oil on stones when i think they need it. I don't rub it on because, like you say, that might displace too much of the magnetic sand.

OIL-HOO-LODE
Lodestone Oil
$7.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

rs2010

Unread post by rs2010 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:48 am

Thank you Miss Cat for answering my question.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:09 pm

I dab the oil on my finger and lightly touch the Lodestone so as to not knock off too many hairs. Then I sprinkle the magnetic sand to feed it.

Jaime Banks
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Jaime Banks » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi Everyone...Now I was told that I can buy 2 male lodestones, and most CERTAINLY I WILL....I do know how to use a little bit of it. But I just needed to know if I can use it with my skull candle, dressed in King Of Solomon and Clarity HERBS too? And If I will need a mojo bag for them...? Any suggestions?
Thank You SO Much St.Jude
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #2043G

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:55 am

No--you would use two same sex lodestones in a love drawing or attraction spell for two same sex people. You can place lodestones in a mojo hand, you can work with them in moving candle spells, you can have them on your spiritual altar--there are many ways to work with them, not just one, but they would not be appropriate to work with on the Wisdom/clarity skull spell you are speaking about above. And remember, lodestones are living and they need to be fed with magnetic sand.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Jaime Banks
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Jaime Banks » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:57 am

THANKS BRI BAABE!!!
YOUR AWSOME!!!! :)
Thank You SO Much St.Jude
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #2043G

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:16 am

Quick question...I just received my loadstones..I know you are to baptize them, but because Im in a bit of a rush, because will see one of my targets sooon..if I dont have florida water, whiskey, hoyts cologne, what else can I baptize it with? ANyother suggestions? PLEASE! (oils etc)

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:55 am

I just read somwhere, dont know if its true, but can like rubbing alcohol be used?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:17 pm

mar

I have never heard of using it, nor would I recommend it.
HRCC Student #1559

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:25 pm

Anything else i can use?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:28 pm

Baptizing is a spiritual act. It isn't dependent on the products you use. You can baptize a lodestone with one of the colognes mentioned, but I personally do not. I use whiskey or Hoyt's Cologne to cleanse off the Lodestone. Then I make a cross over the Lodestone and name it, for love work. Then I dab a bit of oil to help get it going for the work I desire then work the lodestone by feeding it moving it, praying over it etc.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:43 pm

ok so i will be talking to it as in telling it what to do..such as "i comand u to bring John smith to me" or am I talking to it as its the person, "John Smith u will call me" sorry just confused a bit.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:06 pm

And how often do I talk to it? Sorry but new to this ;-)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:14 pm

Read about Lodestones here http://www.luckymojo.com/lodestone.html

How it is used in conjure, matching Lodestone pairs, storing and displaying them and bathing and cleaning them is discussed...and how often to talk to them...enjoy!

MIN-LOD-BSM1
Lodestone, Small Single
$4.00

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:43 am

Hello..so I have read through that part of the website many times, even befofre ou had posted this up..LOL..just still confused how u talk to the loadstones.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:39 pm

I have talked to my loadstone, telling it what to do, saw a little bit of a reaction from my target. It wasnt really much, but was something :) So should I be talking to it everyday and how do I speak to it?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:51 pm

This thread alone gives you general ideas of how to work with lodestones. There are not 'set' rules to this, some use prayer, some general conversation in terms of what they want, love, material possessions...etc...etc... Please read this thread thoroughly!

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:14 pm

I have been talking to my loadstone (target) quite a bit, now whenever I do, i for some reason I feel like that he is thinking of me right then..And then get a feeling that he will be contacting me..but of course dont hear from him. I know it takes time, so am waiting patiently! Are there any tips anyone can give me with their own expreiences?

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:19 am

When baptiszing loadstones, does it matter as to what type of whiskey u use? I mean anything specific?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:52 am

Whiskey is used to cleanse and feed the lodestones; not really so much to baptise. To name it, just make the sign of the cross over it and name it. It's pretty simple.

If you wanted to make more of a ritual out of it, you could dab Holy Oil onto it, or just a very small dab of Holy Water during that process if you want (you don't want much water on the stone, because it will rust and corrode - so really just dampening your finger and then dabbing it onto the stone).

ConjureMan already outlined the process above:
Baptizing is a spiritual act. It isn't dependent on the products you use. You can baptize a lodestone with one of the colognes mentioned, but I personally do not. I use whiskey or Hoyt's Cologne to cleanse off the Lodestone. Then I make a cross over the Lodestone and name it, for love work. Then I dab a bit of oil to help get it going for the work I desire then work the lodestone by feeding it moving it, praying over it etc.
And just use regular whiskey. Remember the roots of conjure: The old time workers probably rarely had the luxury of choosing between dozens of types of fancy whiskeys.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:36 am

ohh i thought I had to use Whiskey to give the stones their "names" ..so really I dont have to use anything to baptize them, except for making the sign of the cross over it and then just naming them. Ok so thats pretty simple! Cause I was under the impression, that I was to do that with Whiskey.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:18 am

No, you cleanse them with the whiskey and let them dry. Then you move into working them. You can also feed them with a drop or two of whiskey, along with the magnetic sand.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:39 am

I really love this forum, it soo helpful...As I was reading the section on Loadstones on the LM website, it states to cleanse them, by either dribbling or spraying them with the Whiskey..well my stones are the VERY tiny ones..so would dabbing them with Whiskey, with my finger, on both sides of the stone be fine?

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:27 am

I have a quick question..I have been using tiny loadstones (as per the advice from a rootworker), Im just wondering,once the stones have been baptized under someone's name, how do they work, if you dont have anything "personal" from your target? I know personal concerns, such as hair can be VERY useful, but if i dont have that, how do the loadstones work, without it?

Thanks

snake

Unread post by snake » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:29 am

I'm doing the two lodestone love drawing spell, but I'm not so sure I'm doing it right. I don't have a specific person in mind so I don't have any personal items for the lover lodestone. I wrote a short description of the lover I would like, and my stones are very well matched and strongly magnetic, but it just doesn't feel like it's working. Is there something else I should do to boost the spell? Or is there another spell I should do to draw an unknown/new lover?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:55 am

snake

A lodestone spell works great for drawing a lover, know or unknown, so its not the spell. Preform a divination, or if you lack the skill and detachment to do so hire someone at AIRR to do it, to see how the spell is going and if it will be successful.
HRCC Student #1559

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”