Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:47 am

Additionally it depends on the purpose of the candle even as Devi said a clean burn is generally considered good.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Alltobe
Newly Registered

Unread post by Alltobe » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:10 am

Thank you Devi, I will do just that! In all my years of burning candles, I have never experienced it. Thanks again!
A.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:14 am

Thank you, Devi, for poining out that this is a forum for Lucky Mojo products. It is against the terms of use of this forum to discuss another company's products. We pay for the upkeep of this forum as part of our customer service program. Our costs include issuing monthly store credits to the folks who are listed as board moderators.

I realize that a lot of users here are young and have no grasp on financial realities, or are simply new to the concept of product forums, or for whatever reason, don't understand that any company's product forum is only "free" to use insofar as it is a way of educating and helping the company's customers. A company product forum is not to be used for the benefit of the comapny's competitors. I regularly edit out mentions of competitors from posts, warn posters not to repeat this sort of error, and even delete entire posts that cannot be edited.

As new folks find the forum and start to talk about everything under the sun, some of them do wander off into talk about our competitors, or even ask for ways to gret around having to buy from us. It is a great help to know that the forum "regulars" are helping to educate the newbies about the forum's Terms of Service.

Thanks, Devi Spring!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

brujaha

Unread post by brujaha » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:03 pm

I have noticed when burning several different free-standing candles that part of the candle drips upward toward the top of the candle where the wick and flame are. It's like it's like dripping against gravity. What does this mean? I know the long thin drippings down the side are "teardrops," but what about upward drips?

brujaha

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:12 pm

This is a good one Brujaha and it is WONDERFUL to see you! There are many interpretations and best to have a divination, a ten minute would be great for this need and interpretation with you AIRR rootworker.
Again great to see you :)
Be Blessed Always!!!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:26 pm

I don't think your candle is "dripping" upward. This does happen often with burning candles. Were a thin line of wax does not burn at the same rate as the rest. Probably because there was a slight air flow change in the room that caused to flame to move more so in opposite direction of that particular area of wax. Or that that particular area of the candle was slightly more dense.

If there is a significance in divination to this occurrence I would also be quite interested. Though I have not ever considered it to be meaningful personally. :)
May the Road Rise you meet you.

-Willowspell

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:31 pm

There is a very informative page on the subject of wax divination here.

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

I think you may find it as interesting as I did. :)

-Willowspell

brujaha

Unread post by brujaha » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:47 am

Hey Triplethreat thanks for the warm reception, blessings to you too! I have been away for a bit. . . .working hard on my spells and trying to remain optimistic. I'm really fascinated by ceromancy, and slowly improving in my interpretation of the signs/images.

Willowspell, I see what you are saying, but the "upward drip" occurs before the other parts start melting down, so it's not like they melt first and that part stays. But rather, that upward part develops before the rest melt down. It almost looks like fingers start reaching up to cup the flame (and sometimes they melt completely away and other times they remain). I suspect you're right and I will try to get a reading on it. I guess, I was looking for a general explanation for it like some of the stuff on the LM divination page. And believe me, I refer back to that page often, even to re-read stuff I already know.

Thanks again,
brujaha

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:32 pm

So do I brujaha :) it is reassuring to do so in my opinion.

Regarding your recent description. I wish I knew what that could mean! :) If you gain any interesting information on this phenomenon please let me know. I am intrigued. I do not think that I have personally seen that occur in the manner in which you described.

Good luck and keep us updated please. :)

-Willowspell

hekana

Unread post by hekana » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:47 pm

brujaha wrote:I have noticed when burning several different free-standing candles that part of the candle drips upward toward the top of the candle where the wick and flame are. It's like it's like dripping against gravity. What does this mean? I know the long thin drippings down the side are "teardrops," but what about upward drips?

brujaha
I had this happen to me once on the second double action candle (white/black) I burnt. Both times they didn't finish burning all the way through. Did yours? I took pictures and felt as if it was a snake (cobra) fighting with the flame... Either way, my interpretation when I first saw it was that something definitely was sent my way and probably still was or is... Since my candles didn't burn through, then something is unfinished. I did some divination and was told not to burn anymore at the moment. I'm currently working on a lot of cleansing work and ordered the LM Fiery Wall of Protection Kit along with a bunch of other great LM products. I'm hoping to finish cleaning my house by the time my order comes in.

Blessings!

pinkyd

Unread post by pinkyd » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:27 pm

i am burning 4 candles and 1 went out. will i have to buy a new candle? and start all over? i jus re-lit da fire and its burning better this time. Not a small flame like it was thats how it went out in the first place.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:54 pm

You can relight the candle with a prayer.

To learn more about divinatory signs in candle magick please read: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

miel

Unread post by miel » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:12 pm

greetings all. i have been told to do a red votive over my petition every wednesday for 9 weeks. this is my second week. my issue is as the votive burns, the wick floats in the melted wax and tends to move to one side. the holder is like a very large shot glass. tonight it moved so far to the side it was heating the glass of the votive holder and the heat cracked it. is that anything for me to be concerned with ? should i continue to use this particular holder for the next 7 weeks or is it ok to remove the wax and petition to a different type of holder? help is appreciated ;)

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:18 am

Personally, I would see why the reason is for the candle to melt to one side like that. Is it because you need to adjust the wick to the middle? Is there a draft? Make sure the mundane is corrected BEFORE you attribute it to something negative. I would not continue to use the holder, and if you must get another one or burn another votive on a non-flammable holder, plate, or some foil even. i would see if it still burns to one side, and so on. I would get some divination done ( a 10 minute reading should do it), and start again with a new votive and a different type of holder to see if anything comes out of that.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

maryj020

Unread post by maryj020 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:24 am

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but I could not find on the page how to read the candles and their signs. My question is what if the flame its self is tall. I was lighting a candle on my honey jar and stated my prayer that Elvyra Love told me to do, and the flame grew taller, I was kinda mesmorized. LOL

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:58 am

maryj020, here is the link for the Candle Divination page.

-Willowspell

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:12 pm

My 7 African Powers vigil candle burned so clear that it the glass looks like an unused pull-out jar. I really hope my petition is granted. :)
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

rpir09

Unread post by rpir09 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:26 pm

Hello,
I just got two candle reports by Nicole. I thank her so much.
One of the was a fast luck about a sales company and burned smoothly. The second was a money drawing about the same company. The report said, among other things"Base completely cracked into fragments. Business has fractured foundation". What should be my next spep? Continue ordering burnings until clear?
Is there hope ro repair?
Thanks in advance

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:42 pm

There's always hope to repair rpir09, sometimes the candle report provides further direction but I would first call Nicole in the shop and inquire. A reading is needed to know what is involved...But in the meantime, when a candle cracks, you should do a cleansing followed by protection than repeat the work.

brujaha

Unread post by brujaha » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:55 pm

hekana wrote: I had this happen to me once on the second double action candle (white/black) I burnt. Both times they didn't finish burning all the way through. Did yours? I took pictures and felt as if it was a snake (cobra) fighting with the flame... Either way, my interpretation when I first saw it was that something definitely was sent my way and probably still was or is... Since my candles didn't burn through, then something is unfinished. I did some divination and was told not to burn anymore at the moment. I'm currently working on a lot of cleansing work and ordered the LM Fiery Wall of Protection Kit along with a bunch of other great LM products. I'm hoping to finish cleaning my house by the time my order comes in.

Blessings!

Hi Hekana,

Yes, I have had cobras and dragons (and bears, oh my! lol) as leftover wax images on some of my candles. And some have occurred with that upward drip too. Those were definitely negative signs that meant someone was doing work to thwart my work. However, now I am getting that drip problem with a purely love candle. I cleanse myself and my home after the negative work, but I have to get a reading on the drip thingie. I will keep you all posted though.

brujaha

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:34 am

I agree that you should definitely get a reading to see what you can do to build the foundation of the business. Perhaps you need to restrategize, and get some strong leadership in the business. Or you need to advertise better. I mean there can be a number of different reasons for this. I think you should cleanse your business as best you can, and then you can do some road opener to help clear some of the obstacles. And then employ some ideas from what the reading says.

BMoore

Unread post by BMoore » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:48 am

I just performed my spell kit last night and I followed all the instructions right upto the cleansing part...except...I think I may have trimmed the wick of my vigil candle incorrectly. It was an inch before I lit it but after a few minutes of burning, it went way too short (i can almost only see the blue part of the flame) it's like grasping for life. I left it burning when I slept thinking it might change but this am, still the flame is too small (like a birthay candle flame). I'm afraid it will drown and die soon. I'm thinking of backing up my work thru MISC. Or maybe repeat the spell using another pink candle just for back up. Any advice? Thanks to all!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:41 am

I agree. That's not about burning more candles - that's about you need to figure out how to better your business from a mundane aspect. You can, of course, have candles lit to help that process along, but you'll have work to do on the physical end of things.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:45 am

I would specify another candle to be burned to strengthen the foundation of the business. Perhaps a Prosperity Better Business Candle or a Master Key candle.

The cracked candle pointed out some flaw in the business -- or, very likely, in the way the business is operating in today's tough economy -- and the crack tells you that this requires your attention.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:10 pm

I have burned love and sex candles for a particular person and the result was an absolutely clean burn. Yet in still, he won't respond to my text or e-mails. What does this mean, and what should be my next step?

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:43 pm

Maduro01 I would say keep up your candle work, Anoint the candles with Come to me oil or other passion love drawing oils that are best suited for your purpose.but wait for him to come to you. If it is meant to be he will respond. Watch for signs, and movement. Often times people find movement in 3days/3weeks/3months. It does take patience and be aware of the little things that may be trying to catch your attention.

It could be that he is responding to the work but your being too pushy or obsessive for him to want to physically take the next step. You may consider working a Honey Jar spell on him. Also getting a Reading is always a good idea to help you along.

Good luck!

-Willowspell

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:57 am

Willowspell wrote:Maduro01 I would say keep up your candle work, Anoint the candles with Come to me oil or other passion love drawing oils that are best suited for your purpose.but wait for him to come to you. If it is meant to be he will respond. Watch for signs, and movement. Often times people find movement in 3days/3weeks/3months. It does take patience and be aware of the little things that may be trying to catch your attention.

It could be that he is responding to the work but your being too pushy or obsessive for him to want to physically take the next step. You may consider working a Honey Jar spell on him. Also getting a Reading is always a good idea to help you along.

Good luck!
Thanks Willow! :)

BlissfullyBastet

Unread post by BlissfullyBastet » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:37 am

Hello everyone,
I don't know if Im in the right place or not to ask this.
I just want to ask questions related to a vigil candle I set for myself.
I did set the candle on Tuesday 5th and was out by Saturday morning. It was a Steady work candle, Im trying to find job.
the candle glass has very little soote and is has very light smoke marks about 2 1/2" atop. Also there where times I was seating close to the place where the candle was burning and I would heard the candle pop a few times.
All the wax burned except for very little marks left as a ring on the bottom, but is not all the way around the glass.
My question is, do I need to burn another candle of the same kind or do I need to do something else?. For I have read in the forum and the LM Candle Divination link, it's a bad sign when there smoke left in glass.

Im far for having experience in the matter thus looking for helfp. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much and blessings to all.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:39 pm

Generally if you have any questions regarding the burn of a candle it is best to consult with a ceromancer or someone versed in reading candle burns. Many of the members of AIRR can assist in this regard: www.readersandrootworkers.org

Slight smokiness and soot indicates that there is some resistance to your work, or some obstacles to overcome. A reading can confirm this.

Perhaps a Road Opener followed up by another Steady Work candle.

BlissfullyBastet

Unread post by BlissfullyBastet » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:32 pm

Thank you sir. I will take into consideration your opinion. In the mean time, a Road Opener candle has or will be lit at the Missionary Church. I guess I will wait for my report and them proceed to the next step.

emu81684

Unread post by emu81684 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:30 am

I have a question about my 7 Knob Candle for my Attraction Kit. I have finally started it because I wanted to wait for the moon cycle since it was so close any way but it is in my candle burning that I find odd. I know a strong flame is desirable, one that's steady and sure but it's the sheer size of this flame that surprised me. For the first few minutes (probably around 5) of burning, the flame is nearly four inches, hovering around and a bit above 3 1/2. I actually measured it because I had never had a flame that large. Now I don't know about you but to me that seems really high. It will burn that way for a while then calm itself to the standard one or so inch flame but it will still venture to the larger side periodically. The large flame isn't making the candle burn faster or melting the wax, ironically the smaller flame makes the candle tear (generally because my AC has kicked on but sometimes not) instead.It has done this for the past two days, since I have started the spell. Does anyone have any suggestions or have you had a flame burn that high? For the most part its a very strong flame, burning solid, not twisting or hissing and only wavering when there is outside influence but again, the sheer size of the flame (when i haven't added anything extra to the candle, herbs, etc) is surprising. So I would like to thank you in advance for you comments and please let me know if you have had the same experience. Thank you.

~(I have to add this. I just went to snuff out my candle and every time my hand was near it, the flame rose. It wasn't scattered, or shaking or anything only grew. I actually held my hand up, palm facing the flame, and watched as the flame from wick to tip stretched to five inches. I know that sounds like an exaggeration but I promise it is not. I had my ruler near the candle because the flame has been growing so large and actually measured the flame. It is surprising me so I am very curious if anyone has had this happen.)

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:45 pm

My red vigil candle that I am burning for St. Martha is spelling out her name on the candle as it is burning. I pray that this is a good sign, and she is letting me know that she is here for me.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:30 pm

Did you add extra oil to the fixed candle? I often hear people adding more oils to an already fixed candle which is a sure way of drowning the wick. They are fixed so nothing extra needs to be added.

If you did not, then determine if its a physical issue or spiritual one. If its spiritual do a cleansing bath, do your divinations as Devi advises. You may also do a quick prayer to help align your wants with what your significant other wants.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:02 pm

Signs are hard to interpret over the internet. Trust your work and give it a few days to see if you see any signs of it working. Look for dreams etc. After a few days if you still feel that you need clarification then seek out a reader or do one of your own. You usually want to give the spell some time before you do a reading. But as Devi said, it can mean that it worked really well, or that its going to be fast acting and fast fading. Wait a bit, look for the signs, then do a reading and if necessary repeat. Good luck!

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Interpreting candles can often interfere with the work itself. Especially if you are new or just moderately gifted.
If this is the case for you, or anyone else reading this, I recommend paying more attention to what does or does not happen in the part of your life relating to the spell, for the next three to 13 weeks AFTER the spell. It will teach you better what the burn meant.
Forum Moderator - Author - Specialist in Swedish Trolldom - AIRR Member - HRCC G-A #0321

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:52 pm

here is a page i wrote that explains a number of candle-divination traditions:

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:39 pm

I see two reasons why this would happen, (1) I see that you mentioned pouring some wax from a Road opening candle (correct me if I am wrong here), and as Devi said, (2) just one of those bad candles (it happens) sometimes things are not spiritually related.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:53 pm

And, for the record, sometimes when a candle won't stay lit, even though you pour excess wax out, there is active opposition to the work being done or the person on whose behalf you are working is badly crossed or jinxed and needs a complete uncrossing and cleansing before you can go forward on his or her behalf. In other words, it can very well be a sign.
catherine yronwode

nette

Unread post by nette » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:15 am

Candle ignited surrounding cloth etc. ( although I could see no reason that it should have been able to ignite other items on the alter as I had it safely contained, the skull its self was Not engulfed in flames, just merely the wick still burning) certainly this was very unnerving as it happened in the early morning while I was still sleeping, thank goodness for smoke detector's.
After the fire fighting, I sat the candle in the sink and after only a few seconds it went out. so I left it there.

My question is : Should I attempt to relight it tonight when I think that he is sleeping ? or should I accept this as my dramatic answer and leave the candle be?

I am not clear if it is acceptable to relight the skull.

Any comments, guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:42 pm

Everyone, you should not have ANY candle next to anything that is flammable. This is not indicative of the work, but lack of fire safety. I think you need to start the entire spell work over to see if this is a dramatic answer or not. If you are still uncertain then you consider getting a 10 minute reading. However, I think this should be repeated, and kept away from flammable items.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:48 pm

When a candle catches things on fire, it is not a good lign generally.

It is also a major warning that you jneed more training in how to work with candles. Seriously, candle accidents have destroyed people's houses and killed people and their pets. Fire safety is NO JOKE.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:03 pm

When a candle burns clear, that means i will get my wish, right?

No, not always.

If i burn a candle and can red the glass properly, i don;t need to get a full-length reading, do i?

Maybe, maybe not.

Here's a true story, funny, but also a bit sad:

A woman came to my church and had a light set on a man who had an unusual last name. In her petition she stated that he was in love with her but had not contacted her recently or sent her messages through facebook. The question she asked us to answer by setting the light was, "Does he still care for me, and if so, why no facebook messages all month?" and her petition was "Please, make him get in contact soon."

The candle burned all right -- i determined that he did seem to value her attention, and i predicted he would be in contact with her soon.

She later scheduled a reading on the subject because, she said, although he would now contact her by facebook again, he never came to her house.

Turned out he was a movie star and she was an obsessed and delusional fan.

Sure he valued her -- he values all his fans.

And yes, he did send her a facebook message later that month, just as soon as he hired a new publicist to keep up on his social networking duties.

But come to her house? No. He didn't even know she existed -- not in the way she thought he did.

I am not telling this story to make fun of a poor woman obsessed with a movie star -- or even to make fun of myself for not being familiar with the movie star's name at first.

I am telling this story to explain why it is often more revealing of the issues underlying a candle burn to have a full reading before beginning the work. If i had known the situation better going into it, i would have been able to interpret the candle burn more accurately -- or told her not to bother setting the light for him to love her in the way that she imagined he did.

As it was, the minute i heard her voice on the phone for the reading after the candle burn, i knew that my divination had been literally 100% correct, but that it had also been based upon a faulty premise. So a reading after the candle burn revealed the underlying issues as well, but she had already burned the candle and i was put into the position of having to disappoint her a bit.
catherine yronwode

roxydiva

Unread post by roxydiva » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:29 am

What does it mean when my come to me candle drips upward? looks like a ocean wave next to the wick. The wick is curved downward, but so is the other candle on the other side of my alter and its not melting or doing what this one is and it was burning longer than this one..

Lady Muse
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lady Muse » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:26 am

Thank you Mama Micki,
Im going to grab a copy
Lady Muse
House of Self Empowerment - AIRR and HP Member - Blue Flag Root Radio

The_2

Unread post by The_2 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:29 am

So here's the thing: I burned a candle because I needed insight and wisdom into an area of my life.

Everything was going fine, except at the end. I had set the candle on some paper towels, so I could catch the dripping wax and dispose of it more easily. BUT I didn't watch it. Like I said, the drips and everything were going a-ok, nothing worrying in the shapes (and I've heard that if you're not incredibly experienced with candle magic, like me, you shouldn't even be worrying about that yet), but after it burned down, the paper towels caught on fire and I had to extinguish it with water (luckily I'd set the whole thing in my bathroom). If I'd set it up with less flammable materials around, it probably would've never happened.

So what do you think? An accident due to my own carelessness and I shouldn't read too much into it, or something more significant and possibly worse (I'm honestly hoping it's just the former)?

(Also, what is a good color for wisdom? I burned a purple candle, but should I have burned an orange one instead?)

tarotcardfairy

Unread post by tarotcardfairy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:31 am

Hi, I am not a moderator, but usually when people ask about interpreting candle results, you are directed here this is the page on interpreting candle results.

Or you can have a reading my a LM AIRR root worker to see.

The_2

Unread post by The_2 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:41 pm

Thanks, I read through that page but I wondered whether it applied to my situation since mine seemed like quite a preventable mishap?

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA9

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:42 pm

It is only a sign that you need to learn some basic fire safety. Paper towels are flammable, very flammable, as you saw. Don't put a candle on top of things that burn... In the future try using a disposable pie tin, they won't burn and work great for catching wax. As for candle color, purple,yellow or white are all good choices for Wisdom type work.
HRCC Student #1559

The_2

Unread post by The_2 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Oh good idea! Thanks! That's what I thought. Glad I'm on the right track!

corazon

Unread post by corazon » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:50 pm

I use tin foil to put under my candles.

bklynbreed

Unread post by bklynbreed » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:52 pm

I'm burning two vigil candles. So far there isn't any soot or fog. But the flames are constantly dancing and VERY low --at least compared to those of the free standing candles I burn which have flames over 2 inches that just burn strong and steady-- I'd say its half an inch tall.

I assume that the dancing means my target is being affected, so i'm happy about that. But I was just wondering if the size is something to worry about? Should I do something to create a stronger flame or just leave it be?

Thanksss

Elveta

Unread post by Elveta » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:29 pm

corazon wrote:I use tin foil to put under my candles.
I put my candles in brass handle holders.

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:21 am

Thanks Elveta.. Since when has the concept of a Candle holder become a looked over necessity when burning candles??? lol... With moving candles. I generally will use a baking sheet to set them upon since you can not put figural candles in a holder... There are SO many ways of easily preventing these problems.. Please use COMMON SENSE PEOPLE!! lol if you are going to walk away from a burning candle make SURE that it is WELL SET by melting the bottom into the candle holder before you light the thing....

-Willowspell

jwalke12

Unread post by jwalke12 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:55 pm

Hello,

I just broke up with my boyfriend, and today I felt like I needed a good spiritual healing, so I decided to light a white offeratory candle and I put oils on and prayed over it. Not much oil went on (in other words, no, the candle was not over-oiled), and I didn't add any herbs. There was no draft, and the ceiling fan wasn't on. This candle went freaking crazy. The flame was four inches high for a good hour and a half, there were double-flames, popping and hissing, and then it just died when it got two or three inches from the base of the candle. Afterwards there was a ton of wax left over, and the wax itself looks like a wolf.
What happened? I know in previous posts, if this were a love spell or a reconciliation spell, that this would be a bad sign for the spell itself, meaning there would be opposition from the person you are trying to work on.
But what about a candle used for blessing, especially if it's you that you're blessing? Usually this never happens when I do a blessing spell.

J

Hoodooudo55

Unread post by Hoodooudo55 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:37 am

I am perplexed as to why my Saint candle's flame split into thre? e. I only have a couple of more days on it but was amazed to see the flame splitting in three. I read everything on candle divination but didn't find it. I even googled it and nothing. Any comments ?

Sandi

Unread post by Sandi » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi, I am burning a 7 day vigil candle whose flame keeps flattening out as if it is momentarily burning horizontally. It looks like it is either bending 90 degrees over or even sometimes trying to dip itself into the liquid wax below. Then it pops back up. Then goes horizontal again. and so forth.

I looked at the divination page and I don't think this is what was meant by dancing or bouncing, flaring or winking. I'm not sure what guttering means.

well, does this have any divination significance? it's an Intranquil candle. thanks.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:48 pm

Perhaps the person is bending down to the intranquil spirit.

curious2

Unread post by curious2 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:40 am

what does it mean when a red glass candle cracks and some wax leaks out at the very bottom when it burns down to the bottom?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:43 am

curious2:

When the glass that encases a vigil light breaks and wax runs out, it is a bad sign, generally. Read more here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsC3

I would do the candle over again.
catherine yronwode

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:45 pm

Hello All,

Well since my last post a few things have happened. I did finish the Money Drawing Spell.

Initially when I started to burn the candle looked like a flower of wax on the tip, then the wick started to curve under into a loop and burned in the loop fashion for the last few days of the spell.

Three days before the completion of my spell, I lit the incense and it started to sputter and crackle loudly so I looked at it and noticed there was a bubble in the center at the top which was burning. Well it continued to crackle & sputter and all of a sudden a white glob popped out of this bubble and landed on the plate..then another. So there were 2 white puddles on the plate. I touched it with the tip of a match and it felt hard. What could this have meant?

On the day I finished the spell I let the candle burn for a few hours and put it out around midnight.

I lit it the next day to finish and let the candle burn out all the way, but when I went back to check on it...the candle had gone out and was no longer burning. The wick had laid down in the wax so I had to melt the wax around it and lift the wick out to attempt to relight.

I prayed before lighting again but it took 4 tries to get the wick to light. I made sure the wick was straight up afterwards and noticed the tip was frayed.

As I type this...the candle is still burning, but now I wonder if my spell worked and why my candle behaved in this manner?

I have gotten a ton more new business this week and had a new business come on board to sale my products. I'm trying to get 2 other businesses but they want to haggle over pricing.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on with this?

Seems like I'm getting opposing signs...new business but candle went out. I actually think the wax is flowing down over the wick and it is going out.

THIS IS EDIT TO ORIGINAL...checked and candle went out again. wick is flat in wax.

Thanks
Best of Life
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”