Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Mojo Seen, Touched, Dropped, Washed, Unfed, Lost, Torn, Open

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure hands, mojo bags, nation sacks, trick bags, tobies, jomos, spell packets, Jack balls, and dolls.
mojojake

Re: Mojo Seen, Touched, Dropped, Washed, Unfed, Lost, Torn, Open

Unread post by mojojake » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:57 pm

It didn't drop and hit the floor ever did it? I was always told that, outside of being touched by another, if a mojo bag was dropped and hit the floor/ground, it killed it

Dark_Damicelle

Unread post by Dark_Damicelle » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:00 pm

Thanks for the insight Devi and Mama Micki!

Mojojake: No, as soon as I noticed it slipped out of the purse, I shoved right back in! Thanks...

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:42 pm

I've had plenty of mojos that have hit the floor and been perfectly fine.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

luckycharms13

Unread post by luckycharms13 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share this story, as someone new to hoodoo who made her first mojo bag and accidently killed it after only 2 weeks...

I knew they can be killed if someone touches or even sees them, and I had read the post about them possibly being killed if they touch the floor. Well, after the first time I accidently dropped it (it was very early in the morning and I was tired and distracted), I felt really bad and promised it would never happen again. I did have a kind of connection with the bag, and I could tell it was still "alive" and well. It was always warm.

Then last night I was housesitting and got up to let the dog out. I was just about to fall asleep, so I didn't realize it had fallen onto the floor, and when the dog came back in, I turned and saw him drop it from his mouth back down on the floor. At first I was like, "oh, it's just a dog, it doesn't count unless it's a person that touches it" and I prayed over it to forgive me and stay alive. It didn't die suddenly, but I could tell it was not okay. The next morning it was cold and would not warm up. I feel horrible, but I figured it's an interesting story to share, so if you weren't aware that an animal can kill a mojo, I can verify that they can.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:51 pm

What an interesting story -- and thank you for sharing. I once had a cat kill a mojo of mine when she played with it like a catnip mouse, and batted it all over the floor. And guess what -- it did have catnip in it, to attract a lover. Lesson learned :-)
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Miss_Liz

Unread post by Miss_Liz » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:55 pm

Oh no, that's awful! I know it probably was important (or you wouldn't have it) but I hope it wasn't like...super important.

luckycharms13

Unread post by luckycharms13 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:11 pm

The funny thing is, the dog that killed it found an abandoned kitten, and about 2 weeks after I'd made a replacement mojo bag the kitten peed on me, right over the side of my chest where I kept the bag in my bra. There was enough pee to soak through all the way to the bag. lol. I took it as a sign that I don't need a mojo bag for the situation (I've done candle work on it for 3 months), or that perhaps they're just not a good method for me to use, period. Especially at that particular house!

Gotta love those animals, though! :)

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:10 am

Most purses have a zippered pocket. Put your mojo in it, rather than have it jumbled with other items.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:19 am

You are fine and I agree with the posters who said to smoke itand/or and anoint it since you are antzy about it.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:26 am

Can mojo bags lose their power if you had not fed them every week?
I have a mojo that I only use for school, the academic year ended in may and now, I am starting again. So, can I pick on where I left? or is the power gone because I did not feed it during summer (out of school)?

I hope i can still use it, i have no money to buy another one from lucky mojo right now.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:38 am

You can do a divination, or have an AIRR worker do a 10 minute reading on the life of your mojo.
However, try smoking it in incense and feeding it and carrying it on your person every day for at least a week or two while caring for it properly, and see if it feels "alive" to you. If after a week or so of this, you still feel its dead, it may be dead.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:46 am

If you did not feed your mojo all summer chances are its dead. I would hold it and do some divination over it to confirm, but its most likely dead and gone.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Khourrem
Newly Registered

Unread post by Khourrem » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:40 am

This just happened to me. I am so mortified.

What, if anything, can I re-use from the bag? I'm hoping at least the dimes. As for the rest of the bag, is it best to dispose in a cloth under the house/in the yard?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:11 am

Since it went into water, you could dispose of it in water as an alternative to buring it.
catherine yronwode

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:13 am

over the years i've had a few mojo hands killed by others or my own carelessness. in the early days it's mostly me not taking my magic seriously enough. in one case it's a clear indication that i wasn't ready for what i was seeking to accomplish - it had to wait till another time. i'd get a brief divination done on this one.
HRCC Graduate #1610

Mystical_Devon

Unread post by Mystical_Devon » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:18 am

Bri wrote:If you did not feed your mojo all summer chances are its dead. I would hold it and do some divination over it to confirm, but its most likely dead and gone.

take care,
Bri
I also have recently gotten a crown of success mojo, and over the summer I didn't feed it for about a month"I feel so bad about not feeding it properly". Since school has started back I am regularly feeding it with cos oil and smoked it in incense. I feel that it is alive tho. Is there anysure way to tell? I have test coming up next week lol.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:58 am

The requirement of feeding a mojo or jack-ball at least once a week is a very old tradition in our work. You do not need to accept this as some sort of "dogma" on my say-so or on the say-so of any internet author. It has been documented by observers and practitioners of conjure at least back to the 19th century, and is certainly older than that.

Why someone would seek to practice hoodoo but choose to ignore such a simple and basic part of the tradition is beyond me.
catherine yronwode

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:39 am

catherineyronwode wrote:The requirement of feeding a mojo or jack-ball at least once a week is a very old tradition in our work. You do not need to accept this as some sort of "dogma" on my say-so or on the say-so of any internet author. It has been documented by observers and practitioners of conjure at least back to the 19th century, and is certainly older than that.

Why someone would seek to practice hoodoo but choose to ignore such a simple and basic part of the tradition is beyond me.

Exactly. What she said. I describe mojos to my clients in a similar way that I discuss lodestones. They are ALIVE and must be treated as such which includes regular feeding.
Blessings,
Bri

RedRose

Unread post by RedRose » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:33 pm

If a parent is cleaning your cuboard and comes across your mojo bag but doesnt touch it what does that mean I asked if they saw any small bag in there, they said no!!, but the item was literally peering out the of a small box I keep it in. has all its power gone? If so how would I know?
I had th urge to buy allot of stuff today is that a sign?
Im so nervouse Im thinking because it was my parent can it lessen any effect it may of caused.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Mojo bags aren't killed by sight alone, generally. To find out if your mojo hand is still alive you can perform a divination or if your relationship with the hand is developed enough then you can sense whether it is alive or not.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

RedRose

Unread post by RedRose » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:55 pm

I asked again they mentioned they put something in the cupboard but they never actually saw anything as they where busy and focused on just putting something away. So if they dont have direct eye contact with it, its fine?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Please reread what I said. I said that sight alone will *not* kill mojo hands generally. That means that if someone saw your mojo hand, no it is not dead. There are some that say a nation sack is one of those hands that do get killed if the target sees it, but if someone accidently see your mojo hand you're fine. If you still feel anxious you can get yourself a reading.

jwalke12

Unread post by jwalke12 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:35 pm

How bad is it TRULY to have your mojo bag out in the open? Is it more of a faux pas or is it possible that having strangers see the bag will negate its effects? Wearing a mojo bag as a necklace seems to me to be the most practical way of keeping it touching your skin, although the brasiere option does seem also like a practical possibility.

Also:

If I were to make my own mojo bag for protection, which ingredients would you recommend?

corazon

Unread post by corazon » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:46 pm

Have you read miss cat's free online book about Hoodoo?
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

Also I'm sure if you use the search function for the forum you would find that this subject has been discussed many many times and I'm sure you'll find great information!

As for the herbs, did you check out miss cat's other site , herb magic?
http://www.herb-magic.com/

I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for there.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:38 pm

jwalke12 wrote:How bad is it TRULY to have your mojo bag out in the open? Is it more of a faux pas or is it possible that having strangers see the bag will negate its effects? Wearing a mojo bag as a necklace seems to me to be the most practical way of keeping it touching your skin, although the brasiere option does seem also like a practical possibility.
A mojo bag is by its nature a personal and private thing, wearing it out in the open around you're neck is both nontraditional and, in my opinion, foolish. It's not jewelry, it's not something to show, it's not something you let others look at. It is a personal and cherished spiritual ally, a living spiritual being.

You sound rather out of touch with the tradition and culture that rootwork is grounded in, I strongly suggest you follow both the links corazon was so kind to post.
HRCC Student #1559

jwalke12

Unread post by jwalke12 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:53 pm

I think "out of touch" is rather harsh. I'm just trying to question/study the traditions and culture beforehand so that I don't screw up once I make the commitment to practice. I am in the process of reading the online book but there are aspects of it I need clarification on, such as this. Thank you for both getting back to me.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:55 pm

jwalke12 wrote:I think "out of touch" is rather harsh.
If I came off as harsh I apologize, it's not always easy to get the right "tone" accost a purely text medium like a forum :)
HRCC Student #1559

acb2

Unread post by acb2 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:15 pm

Someone accidentally touched my triple strength attraction Mojo & MY JACK BALL HAND!!! What do I do?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:04 pm

How did they touch it? If they physically touched it, it has to be buried appropriately and a new one made or ordered. So when you say accidently or you saying they brushed up against you accidently? Read about Mojos here http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo.html

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:17 am

Yes - sadly if it was physically touched, it's dead.

acb2

Unread post by acb2 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:28 am

I kept them in my makeup bag and she was looking through it and she touch both of them, and got what she needed out of the makeup bag and put them back I forgot i had them in there. So what is the best way to bury them. Thx so much for the response.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:04 am

You can bury the mojo hand in your front lawn if it was to draw something to you, give it thanks for the work it did and get yourself another one.

You can also see if a rootworker is willing to remake the mojo hand for you.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:04 pm

...several root workers at AIRR provide this service. Here is the list:
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... or_Clients

Khourrem
Newly Registered

Unread post by Khourrem » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:26 am

I had a thought.

For one, I never felt a click or connection with that mojo, though I took pretty diligent care of it.

When I opened it to retrieve the dimes, mine had tarnished, and his hadn't -- at all.

So what I'm taking from this is that, for some reason or other, maybe by accident, I had caught my own nature, and not his. Dropping it almost felt liberating.

I saw the target this afternoon and his interest didn't seem at all diminished. If anything, he seemed even more interested.

I plan to do a new one from scratch. Oh, and also, can I reuse the dimes, and if so, how do I clean them?

Thoughts?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:28 am

Nachthexe, cleansing the dimes from your disassembled mojo bag before re-making the mojo can be done with Hoyt's Cologne. Be sure to polish your tarnished dime up. Usually when a dime tarnishes as you describe it, the indication is that you are somwhat under attack, perhaps through jealousy. You might want to get a reading on that.
catherine yronwode

sunseer88

Unread post by sunseer88 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Hi, I have a mojo bag that I made with LM herbs etc. that I never really "worked' the right way.. It was a money mojo with John the Conqueror root in it. I have decided to get rid of the mojo, but I was wondering can I use the John the COnqueror root for another spell or bag. The only difference is it would not be money related. Is this Ok, or should just start over with with a new root.

Thanks

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:43 pm

Dont think of it as getting rid of 'please' I would start over with a new root. And would properly thank the mojo (cause it is a alive) and bury it in the front yard. That will be showing respect and appreciation for it. Good Luck in your work sunseer88.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:50 pm

sunseer, i second what jwmcclin said above -- you seem to be treating this work as a game and the articles of folk magic as something a bot like toys. That just won't do.
catherine yronwode

Khourrem
Newly Registered

Unread post by Khourrem » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:54 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:Nachthexe, cleansing the dimes from your disassembled mojo bag before re-making the mojo can be done with Hoyt's Cologne. Be sure to polish your tarnished dime up. Usually when a dime tarnishes as you describe it, the indication is that you are somwhat under attack, perhaps through jealousy. You might want to get a reading on that.
Thank you so much!

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:21 pm

Sunseer88, please note, to take your mojo apart and try to re-purpose the root would be like pulling out your own eye and telling it , "now eye, instead of seeing, you will be my new ear, only hear" How well do you think that will work out? lol

I think if you feel you no longer have a use for your mojo you need to thank it, and properly bury it. and order a new one for a different purpose, only after you have done some more reading and have a deeper understanding of what your working with. Otherwise, you are not only wasting your time and money but also that of people and living things in which you are asking for assistance and heeding no real appreciation to.
May the Road Rise you meet you.

-Willowspell

movingmountains

Unread post by movingmountains » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:17 pm

Ok, i had my mojo bag in my jeans pocket.. one of my friends touched my pocket (only on the outside) asking what the bulge was lol.. Would it be ok? There was no direct contact because of the denim...

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:49 pm

movingmountains wrote:Ok, i had my mojo bag in my jeans pocket.. one of my friends touched my pocket (only on the outside) asking what the bulge was lol.. Would it be ok? There was no direct contact because of the denim...
You're ok
HRCC Student #1559

carolina_dean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by carolina_dean » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:57 pm

movingmountains wrote:Ok, i had my mojo bag in my jeans pocket.. one of my friends touched my pocket (only on the outside) asking what the bulge was lol.. Would it be ok? There was no direct contact because of the denim...
I agree with Turnsteel, there was no direct contact with your friend and your mojo bag, so it should still be alive and working for you.
Carolina Dean
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate # 56G

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:52 pm

Sometimes you can bring a mojo back, other times their just plain dead and won't come back. Generally to bring it back you remake it, in part, soft herbs get replaced, hard curios washed and oiled, the usual.

Good Luck Devi :)
HRCC Student #1559

movingmountains

Unread post by movingmountains » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:26 am

Do you think it is still alive/ working? I fed it today.

Buttercup

Unread post by Buttercup » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:29 am

Do YOU think it is alive? Does it feel alive to you? If it feels alive then it probably is. You can also do some yes/no divination to see if it is alive or not.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:11 am

Buttercup is right, a divination will answer your question. But remember movingmountains to keep your mojo strong and working for you, remember to dress it weekly. Also read here about mojos 'feeding your mojo' (http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo.html#fixingandfeeding) Remember it is alive, love it and care for it.

suarezric

Unread post by suarezric » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:08 pm

couple of days maybe 3 day, n i left my mojo in one of m pants pocket, well my hubby was trying to clean the house before i got there n he said that he picked up the bag from the floor n he just picked it up, knowing its one of my beliefs n just left it on top of something and gave it to me when i got home...i havent used the mojo bag ever since. is there possiblystill a chance for me to save it or just get a new one?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Nope it's dead, sadly. You'll need to get a new one.
My husband killed one of mine in almost the same way!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Yeah I agree with Devi. It is most likely dead. This happened to me before i even got to use mine. I was highly upset, but we live and learn. You could get some divination to see if there is the slightest chance to revive it.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

suarezric

Unread post by suarezric » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:21 am

oh darn..lol. okay then

LuckyButterfly

Unread post by LuckyButterfly » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:12 am

Hello. Question: What happens when my mojo bag was to be searched at the customs since im having them shipped here in Switzerland? How would I know if they didnt touch my mojo bag or mojo hand? Would the spirits inside my mojo bag die before they get to me if that's the case? And if so, what should i do to revive them back to life?

Many thanks in advance for the help and answers.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:34 am

Hi there,
I am assuming that you have bought a hand from lucky mojo and that they are being shipped to you in Switzerland. The good thing about this is that you will need to do some work to personalize the mojo hand and get it working for you (instructions on how to do this come with each mojo bag) so whether customs agents touch it or not, its not really an issue because the bag won't be personalized yet.
In other words, don't worry about it :-)
Blessings,
Bri

LuckyButterfly

Unread post by LuckyButterfly » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:22 am

Oh fantastic. Thank you so much for your answers Miss Bri. Im a little confused about the whole 'do not re-open the bag' part. I did call the LM shop and the kind lady told me that i would need to take the items out of the Mojo bag and need to annoint them with the oil that would be included with the package since im oredering a customized triple strength mojo bag. I would need to say my personal concerns while annointing the items with the appropriate oil. (I hope i understood that correctly) As I read further in the forum, i read someone wrote almost the same question as i am now. And the reply was, 'Do not re-open the bag, just annoint the outside of the bag.' I was also told that I would need to change my mojo flannel bag every 6 months. In other words, I would need to take everything out of the bag and put them in a new flannel bag. which means I would need to touch them all. I know that i will get the instructions when i get my things but i'm just really worried that i will mess it up.:(

Kind greetings,
Lucky Butterfly

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:01 am

All of your concerns will be answered once you get your order which does include instructions on what to do, including when to open the mojo and when to feed it.

LuckyButterfly

Unread post by LuckyButterfly » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:28 pm

Thank you, jwmcclin. That's a relief knowing that i'd get full instructions. I can be relaxed now. I've been staring at the LM website for 2 weeks now....LOL. I've been reading and reading and reserching non-stop, hoping that i understand everything and getting my orders straight. I can't wait to get my orders delivered!!!!!!!! This is the most exciting thing ever! :D I'm over joyed!

LuckyButterfly

Unread post by LuckyButterfly » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:33 am

I haven't received my orders yet. I have ordered a triple stregth mojo bag. I have already warned my husband not to touch it! I clean my house and do the laundry so most likely my husband wont get near it. :)

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:58 am

It would be better if he didn't know about it. I'd advise hiding it somewhere he won't look, like your purse or your underwear drawer.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

LuckyButterfly

Unread post by LuckyButterfly » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:02 pm

Oh that's true. Nobody actually looks in my underwear drawer but EVERYONE looks in my purse!!! So underwear drawer it shall be.

Transformer

Unread post by Transformer » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:45 am

Hi, I had my rootworker mail my mojo bag to my parent's house while I was in the process of moving. The mojo made it to my parent's house before I did. Mom opened the package thinking I sent her a gift. Not only did she touch my mojo, she passed it around the family asking if anyone knew what it was.

My rootworker generously offered to re-work it for me. Once the mojo has been reworked, will it really be as good as new? I never expected any other hands to touch it but mine and my rootworker's and now I can't stop thinking about how half of New York has touched it. Will it really have the same potency as if this never happened? I can't get the thought of it being tainted out of my head. Will it really matter? thanks.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Mojo Hands, Conjure Bags, Jack Balls, and Doll Babies in Hoodoo”