Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Doll-Baby, Voodoo Doll, Poppet Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure hands, mojo bags, nation sacks, trick bags, tobies, jomos, spell packets, Jack balls, and dolls.
Willowspell
Re: General Doll-Baby, Voodoo Doll, Poppet Questions and Answers

Unread post by Willowspell » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:38 pm

LOL this is interesting,

Now I have not done much with doll work myself. But what I have done I have always made sure to at least formally name my dolls prior to working with them.

I get a call this evening asking me what to do with this clay baby that has been created, petitioned, and buried with the intent to shut the person up and make them go away. now the creator realizes that in his haste to accomplish the work he did not formally name or baptize the doll. and is now concerned that it will not have the intended effect. He did not have any picture or personal effect of the person in mind. But wrote the name of the target to go with the doll

This is what he did do. wrote out his petition with the persons name several times and his intent and tied it to the clay doll. He spoke repeatedly to the doll ordering her to go away and shut up for a long period of time during his speech bound the doll with red thread. Made the doll with licorice root embedded in it's mouth and back. rubbed the doll down with hot foot powder and controlling oil. after his ritual he wrapped the doll in a piece of brown paper bag. tied the bag up with black ribbon then took it and buried it near the desired person to control's home.

He would like to know if he needs to get the doll baptize it properly then do the spell over. I am curious myself if it is necessary considering all the other efforts made and strong intent enforced during his spell.

Thanks for your time everyone :)
May the Road Rise you meet you.

-Willowspell

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:57 pm

Willowspell,

Sorry, but this is not a general occult forum. We are here to help people select and use Lucky Mojo spiritual supplies. Since the person will not post here themselves and no mention of any Lucky Mojo supplies was made (the terms "hot foot" and "controlling" not being capitalized, i can easily assume the products came from any occult emporium or were of any brand), i take this to be a post along the lines of someone walking into a gas station and asking the mechanic on duty how his friend should fix his car.

You know, you might find a friendly mechanic who'd give a general tip, but if the question were one so basic and so profound as "My friend tried to do an engine rebuild on his own but when he assembled the engine he realized he had done so without putting the rings in..." well, there's not much that can be said about that, actually, except, "Your friend should study magic more."

There are many books and classes on the subject.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:01 pm

He used LM Hot Foot Powder and LM Controlling Oil. Looking back I did not clearly state that they were in fact LM products. He has been a customer of yours for the last 2 years. It was he that referred me to your wonderful store Mam. :)

Sorry that I was unclear that the products where in fact from your store.

I will be more careful of that in the future.

I asked because I was also curious to steps that my be taken to fix this. If it is at all necessary to. and because He doesn't have access to the forum :)

-Willowspell

coastwitch

Unread post by coastwitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:06 pm

WIllowspell,

From what I understand, failure to baptize or otherwise link a doll to the person it is intended to represent is basically to go through the motions of a spell without actually doing the spell. It is just a "walk through" experience, not the practice of magic.
coastwitch

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:55 pm

Willowspell --

I see -- thanks for clarifying! Still, no matter what products were used, according to the way i was taught, he did not link the doll to the target. It's just got to be done right, which may been doing it again.
catherine yronwode

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:05 pm

Thank you very much Miss Cat and coastwitch. :)

Should he leave the one he buried be and simply make a new doll?

or can he get away with digging up the one previously made and baptizing her properly then re-do the spell?

-Willowspell

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:09 pm

That would require a divination. Use a pendulum.
catherine yronwode

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:14 pm

I will do that. And help him to get this settled.

Thank you again.

I always look forward to your replies to any post. :)

-Willowspell

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:29 am

As an update to this situation.

The divination with my pendulum showed very clearly that while not crossed and officially baptized he sufficiently named the doll while speaking to it. The link was made.

I still told to him to be certain that in later work of this type he should take the necessary and oh so important steps to properly baptize his dolls.

Thanks again for your help Miss Cat. :)

-Willowspell

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:14 am

I think that making a wax dolly from your spell kit remnants is a GREAT idea. Good luck withy your work!
catherine yronwode

Littlestar

Unread post by Littlestar » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:08 am

never worked w/lodestones before.

1) If I wanted to make a dollbaby for myself and my bf as our surrogates to protect us and wanted to put a lodestone in them, can I use pairs or should I use single lodestones?

2) If the lodestone is in the dollbaby how do I tend to it because arent you suppose to feed it?

3) Could i make a mirror box with the mirrors facing out put "us" in it, with protection herbs as added protection?

4) If I do that, do I need to keep the box closed at all times?

5) If i keep it closed at all times, I wouldn't be able to anoint my dollbabies w/protection oil, right?

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:39 am

Hi Littlestar,

The use of mirrors in this ritual does not make sense to me unless you want to reverse any negative work being thrown your way. I think that people sometimes confuse "protection" with "reversal"; they are related but they are not the same thing.

For a protection working using doll babies you could use a box and dress it with protective wards, symbols, and talismans on the outside and inside of the box. Y

ou would not need to keep the box closed at all times, but really if it were me I wouldn't make a box to put these types of doll babies in. With the exception of tying someone down in a mirror box spell doll babies are really meant to be worked with on a regular basis--they aren't put in boxes and just left there.

If you and your bf are really concerned about protection I would recommend two protection mojo hands. If you feel like you need general protection then just go with LMC's protection formula. If you feel like people are working against you then go with LMC's Fiery Wall of Protection. Wear the mojo hands on your person on a daily basis.

For either situation you could include lodestones--lodestones draw things to you and in your case you want to draw increased protection and safety. I would use a mated pair where the male stone has been named and blessed as your bf and the female named and dressed as you.

Hope this helps!
Good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Littlestar

Unread post by Littlestar » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:37 am

miss bri

Thats exactly what I wanted to accomplish was to reverse anything that is thrown on us by doing the box with the mirrors on the outside.

I was planning on working with the doll babies thats why i wasnt sure if I couldnt put them in a box while not working on them as like an added layer of protection.

My bf does not believe nor want any part in conjure so everything i do for us has to be done discretly and for both of him and i. I nd to cleanse protect him. do reversel work. Bind the witch doing all of it.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:00 am

Littlestar,

Your idea is unconventional and counter-intuitive. I would not recommend it.

You say you have never worked with ldoestones before but now you want to craft some sort of love-protection reversing box using lodestones in the dolls.

I will try to reply to the questions you asked, but my answers will not please you, i am sure.

1) If you are making dolls to cement, sanctify, and reinforce your love, you would use paired lodestones, one in each doll. The lodestones would be dressed, fed, and prayed over before being placed in the dolls. However, as Miss Bri said above, this is just as easily done with a pair of mojo hands.

2) If you sew a lodestone into a doll, you obviously cannot feed it directly with more magnetic sand -- but it has been fed and becomes the heart of the doll. The fact that you asked this question is troubling to me. It indicates you are in way over your depth here. You stated at tghe outset that you have never worked with lodestones at all. I suggest you learn hwo to work with lodestones by hanbdling and caring for a pair on your altar for a while before trying to use them inside dolls.

3) As Bri said, making a mirror box with the mirrors on the outside and protective herbs within is not a great idea. I will go farther and be extremely blunt. I think it is a fairly pointless exercise. You cannot keep yourself in a box. You may guard your home, your body, your property, your work place, your vehicle -- but what you are proposing is to create a sort of "Picture of Dorian Gray: scenario where your souls are confined in a box and the box is protected from harm.

4) Keping the box closed at all times sounds like a bit from a movie, one of those big-budget ones with all of the special effects -- and when the box is finally opened, the souls are released. Uh-uh. That's not hoodoo.

5) You have no need to make a box, no need to keep it closed at all times, nor even any need for dolls, as far as Bri and i can see. I suggest that she is correct and mojo bags may serve you better in this case.

I think you need to learn hoodoo more thoroughly. I hear you engaging in a fun crafts project. I hear nothing here about hoodoo, a tradition of deeply held, orally transmitted, culturally respected methods for achieving outcomes through the use of prayer and with the aid of valued spiritual tools, by means of spirits.
catherine yronwode

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:46 pm

i was planning to make a dollbaby to uncross a target. i have quite a few ideas in my head and sometimes too much thinking for me isnt a good thing :lol: now i was thinking fo what herbs to use inside the dollbaby. would using some of the 13 herb mix to put in be a good idea? ive never made a dollbaby before and was wondering if just the 13 herb mix is sufficient enough(besides the personal concerns)?
HRCC Graduate # 1684G
Thank you St. Michael for your fierce protection

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:31 pm

Yes the 13 herb mix has great herbs to uncross someone and you can definitely put that inside your baby doll if you would like.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:52 pm

I've always liked Agrimony, Rue, Salt, Bay and Uncrossing Powders. Though I may add Mint, or Rose Petals depending on the condition.

However, I don't see why the 13 Herb mix can't be great for a doll baby.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:56 pm

The 13 Herb mix would be very good for this sort of a doll. In fact, that's a very clever way of working! You may need to crush the herbs a bit finer than they are, to fit them into the dollie. Use a mortar and pestle or break them up by hand or with scissors.
catherine yronwode

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:19 pm

Thank you Ms Cat, to Stars and Conjureman Ali. so 13 herb mix i will go with. i handmade a white clothed dollie and will fix it in the very near future.

there is one other thing i was wondering about. most other dolls are usually kept in certain places like the love doll in a box with pictures and love herbs. what would be an ideal place to keep an uncrossing doll in? i was brainstorming a few options such as a mirror box that has the mirrors facing outwards and dressed with reversing oil to help prevent any further negative works sent onto the target. i also had the idea of the interior possibly with a cross and dressed with fiery wall to help protect. for herbs i havent a clue at the moment on herbs or any other items.

any suggestions/ comments on this setup i have in mind?
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:06 pm

I remember doing something similar a long time ago. What I did was I got a small box, and put in a picture of the target (in your case you can do the doll) and then I put in protective herbs such as salt, devil's shoe string, and a devil's pod. That was all I think I had at the time, but you can put in any of the protection herbs, and use fiery wall of protection powder/oil/bath crystals. Then I took the box, and wrapped it up in foil, and put it in the back of my closet. It really worked then.

I think you should put whoever (if at all) is crossing your target into a mirror box, and dress it with reversing powder, crab shell powder, etc. If you dont know who it is then just baptize it as "enemy against (your target's name).

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:16 pm

this is really coming together for me.. i have all these items on hand. i agree.. the enemy will be getting their own little doll as well. and to be blunt im going to have some fun with this one first and then put it in mirror box with some reversing and hotfoot items.
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:18 pm

After you do that, make sure you cleanse yourself, and protect yourself as well. Have fun torturing the enemy lol. Also, feel free to burn a fiery wall of protection candle on top of the foiled box every now and then to back up your work, and keep up the protection.

Opi

Unread post by Opi » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:03 am

I ordered a LM love baby doll and baptized it by crossing it and saying the prayer cat listed on the site "(name) you are, and (name) to me, you will always be..." etc, but I used the love potion and rose water to baptize it instead of holy water, and held it over incense of love herbs and fire of love - is that okay? or should i go find holy water instead and redo the baptism? thanks!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:49 am

Your ritual is fine Opi, some people baptist their baby with whiskey, holy water, (as you mentioned), Florida Water, Hoyt’s Cologne.., etc...according to its purpose.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

deewany

Unread post by deewany » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:44 am

Hey all,
Can someone please give me the link of where i can buy my dolly from LM? Cant seem to find it..

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:02 am

hmm i was curious.. for uncrossing work how long should one wait to get a reading to see if works getting accomplished?
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

MightyScorpio

Unread post by MightyScorpio » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:26 am

A doll baby of yourself? If so what for? I had some squares of material and decided to make basic doll babies with them (unstiffed) and I thought hey! I wonder if anyone has ever made a doll baby of themselves and worked it say to...Get rid of addiction or for success...Anybody?

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:32 am

MightyScorpio wrote:A doll baby of yourself? If so what for? I had some squares of material and decided to make basic doll babies with them (unstiffed) and I thought hey! I wonder if anyone has ever made a doll baby of themselves and worked it say to...Get rid of addiction or for success...Anybody?
Hi there,
You will note that I moved this topic into the longer thread on doll babies and I also edited the post name so that it is more clear to other forum readers who have the same question. Now, as to your question--yes.

I know people who have made doll babies to work Cast Off Evil type work on themselves--whether its working the dolly as they try to lose weight, get a handle on their addiction or so on. I know powerfully gifted healers who have worked doll babies on themselves when they were in need of healing--or made a doll baby and then had someone else work it for them. Other conditions where you would see this would include Success, power, mastery, victory...pretty much any positive condition.

The only issue here is that a doll baby is worked with as a Proxy for the individual that you are working on. So if I need to work on healing my grandma and she lives in another state I might choose to work with a doll baby. When it comes to yourself you obviously have more direct and efficient means of working--since you have unlimited access to yourself. So why make a doll baby to help you get a hand on an addictive behavior, when you could actually take a series of spiritual baths, anoint yourself with oils, and start a prayer regimen that would accomplish the same thing--probably faster? That's the idea behind doll baby work, so while you could and like I said, I know people who have, to my mind in most cases its not the most efficient method of working.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

tigerlilly

Unread post by tigerlilly » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:51 pm

Hello! I was wondering what does the Doll Babies that Lucky Mojo supply look like. Any dimensions?

Thank you

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:18 pm

Call Lucky Mojo and ask for specifics lillith777.

tigerlilly

Unread post by tigerlilly » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:47 pm

I was just hopind someone could give me an idea, I'm sorry.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:08 pm

No problem, someone may respond with an answer to your question. I have not purchased one from LM; that's why the post, no need to apologize. We are here to help!

tigerlilly

Unread post by tigerlilly » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:08 pm

Ok, thank you. Yes, I was just hoping to hear from someone who has one.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:39 pm

They look like the red love doll on this page, with the caption "Preparing a red love doll by the light of a Fire of Love vigil candle and two red "helper" lights"

http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... nciliation
catherine yronwode

tigerlilly

Unread post by tigerlilly » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:47 am

Thank you, Ms. Catherine!

beautiful

Unread post by beautiful » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:02 pm

Can I baptize the doll with Heineken? That's his favorite beer.
[color=#8040FF][i]you are beautiful no matter what they say...[/i][/color]

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:28 pm

By baptizing it you are consecrating it and making it an astral substitute for the person - that is why holy water is used. Some traditions use the traditional colognes in a similar way because they have cleansing properties.

I would not use someone's favorite beverage to baptize it, as that is just not a related association to what the act is trying to accomplish.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Exactly!

beautiful

Unread post by beautiful » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:25 pm

Devi Spring wrote:By baptizing it you are consecrating it and making it an astral substitute for the person - that is why holy water is used. Some traditions use the traditional colognes in a similar way because they have cleansing properties.

I would not use someone's favorite beverage to baptize it, as that is just not a related association to what the act is trying to accomplish.
:lol: Ok thank you for responding on time. I almost made a pure mistake.
[color=#8040FF][i]you are beautiful no matter what they say...[/i][/color]

jwalke12

Unread post by jwalke12 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:14 am

Hello,

So I see that earlier on in the board, the topic of using mandrake root as a skeleton for a Doll-Baby came up. How exactly do you make a skeleton out of mandrake root? I went onto the herb page, and mandrake root looks pretty thin, so carving it seems unlikely. Is it just that you tie the pieces of the root together to make a stick-man-like skeleton? Or is there something I've missed?
Thanks,
J.

Miss Ida Lundin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:09 am

Hej Jwalke12,
Yes that is correct you can tie it together.

jwalke12

Unread post by jwalke12 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:07 am

Thanks!

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:14 am

Though some mandrake root already comes in a manshaped skeleton so all you do is form the dollie around it.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:21 am

ConjureMan Ali wrote:Though some mandrake root already comes in a manshaped skeleton so all you do is form the dollie around it.
Does American Mandrake ever do that tho? I've never encountered it as anything but a collection of twiggy looking roots. I do know that the unrelated European Mandrake tends to form person shaped roots.
HRCC Student #1559

Melania

Unread post by Melania » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:15 pm

When you talk to your Doll-Baby, which is the best way, "You will" or "I will"?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:59 am

Melania, the doll baby represents your target, so you say, "You will"

Melania

Unread post by Melania » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:49 am

Thank you very much :)

artemis

Unread post by artemis » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:31 am

would you ever place Devil's Shoestrings in a dolly, or would it be best to place them around the dolly for protection?

greeneyes676767

Unread post by greeneyes676767 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:54 pm

I have a question, I have a doll that I made fixed in her little coffin and since now it has snowed and the ground is frozen I have not done anything with her, I have her hidden away with a black cloth over her. I am wondering what do with her if I can't bury her in the graveyard?

Reason: double post

Quisp

Unread post by Quisp » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:46 pm

What are some alternatives for burying a poppet? I live in Minnesota and it is a little difficult to bury anything until Spring. ; )

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:13 pm

Its amazing, this question has been asked at least three times this past week; you can find the answer by scrolling toward the end of this topic on Doll-Baby, Voodoo Doll, Poppet Questions and Answers found here doll-baby,-voodoo-doll,-poppet-question ... t8946.html

I have moved your posting there!

senora63

Unread post by senora63 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:40 pm

I am thinking of doing my doll baby over. I have been working my doll every day for 10 days. I want to add the herbs/link inside and sew it up with red thread-right now it is sewn together with beige thread. IF I do it over..
1. How do I call out the spirit from my doll? What do I say?
2. Will I essentially be starting all over or will the energy be transferred to the new doll? (Same person/same intention). I don't want to loose all the energy that I have put into the doll
3. Do I have to do it over to make it more "linked" or can I add the additional items to the outside of my doll baby? Exmple-herb bed, gluing hair to head, etc.
Thank you.

senora63

Unread post by senora63 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:10 pm

Yes, I want to know also. How do you call out the spirit? "In reverse"? What do you actually say?

senora63

Unread post by senora63 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:57 am

Ok, I am going to make a new doll baby. I am going to say, "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit I know release you Mr. X" Then I will bury it whole right next to my front door step. How's that?

Will I have to essentially begin anew or will my previous energy work be transferred?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:40 am

Yes, this has been discussed before, read this post doing-some-healing-work-on-my-doll-baby-t8251.html

I am merging your question with the Doll-Baby, Voodoo Doll, Poppet Questions and Answers post.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Yes, little star you can do this. But sometimes it best to do things separately rather than try to move everything together. Or you can make a love babydoll, and then do a half red/half black candle to help him move on from those past issues, or you can do a white candle with some healing, and some crucible of courage to give him the healing and strength to move on.

karl000

Unread post by karl000 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:46 pm

I just placed an order for figure candles. One candle represents me the other represents my "target"...should/can I baptize the candles (as poppets) with bath water from myself and the other person?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:33 pm

yes you can or you can use holy water, slart water hoyts cologne, whisky..etc you get the idea.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Your question was asked and answered here How to baptize a doll baby or figure candle e.g. red skull candle. (how-to-baptiste-a-doll-baby-or-figure-c ... t4646.html) Good Luck in your work!

karl000

Unread post by karl000 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:04 pm

Thank you.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Mojo Hands, Conjure Bags, Jack Balls, and Doll Babies in Hoodoo”