Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator
Re: General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:40 pm

ff123, you want to start out with a reading to see what would work best in your case. You can find reputable readers here, www.readersandrootworkers.org. Check us out.

The Reconciliation and Return Honey jar is aimed at healing past hurts and overcoming those emotional obstacles that keep your lover from returning to you.

A reading will determine which is best for you. Despite the fact that you two are not fighting there may be some issues that need addressing ni order to fully reconcile. If such is the case then the Reconciliation Honey Jar is what you are looking for.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

RJLupin

Unread post by RJLupin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:24 am

I did my first Honey Jar last night, and I did it for romance. Luckily I was able to get the hairs I needed. The candle burned VERY big and bright, which I think was a positive sign. The flame crackled once and sent up some sparks, and when it finally burned itself out it let out a large quantity of white smoke (which I think is supposed to mean that my request will be granted, but not without a struggle.) It didn't leave much wax, though. I am going to keep doing it every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during the waxing moon. I have a VERY good feeling about this working; I've been doing magic for years (though I am new to Hoodoo) and I always can just sort of "tell" when something went right, and when it didn't. This one definitely went right.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:01 am

Have you read Lucky Mojo's Candle Divination here RJLupin? http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

RJLupin

Unread post by RJLupin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:21 am

I did, thanks. Very helpful. I also refer to my own past research and experience, and try to get a general "feel" for what's happening. I'm very pleased, I think things went well. I love the little Lucky Mojo stamped star candle holders, they are PERFECT for this kind of work (I have more on the way now, actually.)

RJLupin

Unread post by RJLupin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:29 am

[quote="
No, I have tried contacting him but he hasn't responded. I am going to have to get a reading I think...[/quote]

Have you considered that maybe it's just not meant to be? If you worked the honey jar, and it DID work, but then you ignored him....what does that say about his feelings? And now it seems a little late, and he's no longer attempting to reach out to you? I'm sensing a lot of ambiguity here. I think a bad mistake was made in not answering his first attempts to contact you; are you SURE this is someone you want in your life? Get a reading, by all means, but from a purely mundane perspective I'm wondering if maybe things might not be better left alone. Magic can do wonderful things, but some things just aren't in the cards and trying to force it can do more harm than good.

RedSangria

Unread post by RedSangria » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:55 am

RJLupin said:
I am going to keep doing it every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during the waxing moon.
Since I'll be starting my jar during Mercury retrograde, I thought it fortuitous, since it's for reconciliation/returning someone from the past. Also, it would be started during the waxing moon. BUT I was going to keep it going every day for 3 weeks, before settling for Mon/Wed/Fri pattern. I also liked that it would be going through the lunar eclipse/full moon/solstice.

My question is this: should I keep it going during the waxing moon, or should I end it 12/22, and resume again during waxing moon of January?

phoenix27

Unread post by phoenix27 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:20 am

Can I still start a honey jar spell during a mecury retrograde? Also, I have his tissue that he wipe his head with, is that good? Thanks for any help...

michele

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi.
phoenix27 wrote:Can I still start a honey jar spell during a mecury retrograde?
Yes you can, I never let mercury retrograde stop me from doing spell work unless I am working on something that is ruled by mercury, such as communication, academic success or the like.
phoenix27 wrote: Also, I have his tissue that he wipe his head with, is that good?
It has his sweat on it, and that is a good personal concern, so you can use it in spell work to target him.
HRCC Student #1559

Buttercup

Unread post by Buttercup » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:50 pm

When does the Mercury retrograte end?

jasminelove

Unread post by jasminelove » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:27 pm

hi everyone this is my first post.

there is a question that has been on my mind...a honey jar spell can it create feelings in the person that they didnt have for you, so they then come to you or approach/talk to you. or is it the case that the honey jar can only intensify/speed up/ push forward feelings that were already held inside the target person.
thanks in advance for your answers and i hope ill stay a long time on this forum. x

Miss Ida Lundin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:28 am

RJLupin, You can wotk it all the time

jasminelove, you can sweeten someone before they have even met you. And if they don't like you, like a boss treating you derogatory for example it can help make them sweeter towards you.

divaluck

Unread post by divaluck » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:44 am

I have been working a reconciliation honey jar for the past few weeks. The top of the jar had built up quite a bit of wax on the lid. Last night after I lit and charged the candle and set it on top I left the room. When I came back the candle had burned all the way out (I just use chime candles) and all the wax on the lid was gone. None of it was dripped down the side of the jar or on the plate where I set the jar. All that was left was all the little black wicks from the candles that had burned down. Is this normal?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:47 am

Hello, divaluck,

Yes, this happens all the time! It does have a divinatory meaning, as well -- it shows that the work is moving forward. I am adding your question to the thread on honey jars. You might also wish to check the thread on candle wax divination in the candles sub-forum for much, much more information.

Also, for the definitive and complete knowledge on sweet spells, please do check out the book "Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells" by my good friend and colleague Deacon Millett. You can read the entire Table of Contents for the book here:

http://luckymojo.com/hoodoohoneyandsugarspells.html

Order the book here:

BOO-GRI-HHSS
Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells: by Deacon Millett
$9.00

Click the blue Add To Cart button to order right here in the forum.

Good luck to you!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

jasminelove

Unread post by jasminelove » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:04 am

thanks for your reply svarthyndan ok so is there any chance this blossoms into true love i mean after this and any other spells have stopped sorry to be naive i just want to be sure of what im doing.

ladydawn

Unread post by ladydawn » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:40 pm

there's one specific girl in my circle who dislikes me for whatever reason and it's starting to become a problem. I'd like for her to be friendlier towards me, but I can't do a honey jar since I don't have any of her hair or anything. What's another option for her to be sweeter to me in a platonic matter?

divaluck

Unread post by divaluck » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:27 am

I agree. He called last night but I missed the call, when I called back he didn't answer. This is pretty much hitting me in the face at this point. It is becoming too difficult and hit or miss. I would think if it was something that was supposed to happen there wouldn't be so much sporatic activity.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:34 am

Start on the honey jar using a picture of her - if you get concerns later, you can add them in.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

phoenix27

Unread post by phoenix27 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:14 am

Thank you Turnsteel! :)

Miss Ida Lundin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:25 am

jasminelove, I think you should get a reading to see what possibilities you have of making this person fall in love with you. Here is the link to AIRR where you can schedule a reading, that way you wont waste time if it isn't a possibility and you can also ask for suggestions on what type of spellwork would be good.

http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

jasminelove

Unread post by jasminelove » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:48 am

thank you svarthyndan much appreciated x :D :D

holly2004

Unread post by holly2004 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:43 am

Can anyone tell me how powerful is a honey jar for a love spell to bring permanent results?

divaluck

Unread post by divaluck » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:01 pm

holly2004 wrote:Can anyone tell me how powerful is a honey jar for a love spell to bring permanent results?
I have found it to be very powerful with all different kinds of situations.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:48 pm

"Permanent" cannot be guaranteed by any form of magic, really. There are too many variables, and while magic can accomplish a great deal, sometimes God just says no. In relationships (as with everything else in life) the onus is on the parties involved to do the physical work necessary to keep a relationship strong and working well. So that means working hard to work through whatever issues that is causing the problems, and for each of the individuals to work on themselves to make themselves to best partner possible.

Magic will not solve all your problems, or make it so that you don't have to work for anything. It will help you along your path, but it is not some panacea to soothe all your woes without any effort on your own part. Anyone who tells you different is likely trying to manipulate you into giving them lots of money in exchange for impossible miracles they will never manifest for you.

That being said, honey jars can be very effective in sweetening one party to another.
If you want to know what is going to work best for you and your situation, start with a reading with a skilled rootworker. You can find a list of very good and ethical workers at http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

ohwhygeorgia

Unread post by ohwhygeorgia » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:42 am

Hey guys,

ok so I'm pretty fimiliar with honey jars at this point. I've been very successful with love and reconciliation honey jars.

Some things have come up and I've been asked to make
a honey jar for someone who's having major financial/ school troubles. He's about to take a licensing exam for a medical position in febuary, and is also worrying about money in the mean time.

What's the best herbs/ curios to use in his honey jar?

Or should I go about treating his situation in a diffrent manner?
I feel like just a dressed candle isn't enough.

Any advice? I need to get started on this ASAP

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:37 am

I would personally work a Crown of Success spell kit and a Money-Drawing kit for that case, not a honey jar.

Issotta

Unread post by Issotta » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:24 am

Hello!
I started a honey jar a few days ago and after the fact, I have obtained a couple of additional herbs I didn't have when I started my spell. Does it hurt (or help) anything to add them to the jar now? I didn't know if it was okay to open the jar. If it's okay, I would be doing it the next time I go to my altar to light a candle on the jar, as I am working this for a fairly long term purpose.
Thanks!

Jessica

Brujita Angelical

Unread post by Brujita Angelical » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:49 am

I got a honey jar Boss Fix kit so that my boss will start treating me better and with more respect. A raise would be great also. I wanted to know if I can add other oils to it as well as the onethe kit comes with. I wanted to know if i can add:

steady work- so I stay here until i am ready to move on and prevent her from firing me.
crown of success- so i can have success over her
prosperity & money stay with me- for general wealth and properity

I also have wealthy way but not sure if that would fit into this jar.

Can I add some of these or all? I wanted to maximize my chances for success at my job with the jar.
thanks!
Thank you, Archangel Michael for your constant protection.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:57 am

Issotta, your question has been asked dozens of times, so say yes so say no. Read through the 60 pages of Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers where I have moved your question.

metanoia

Unread post by metanoia » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:24 am

My partner and I are on the verge of breaking up. We both love each other deeply but we feel like we don't have enough in common. We would much rather be able to heal our relationship and stay together. We also have friends on both sides who wish we would break up which doesn't help matters any.

We thought of doing a honey jar together but were unsure if this is the best way to heal our relationship. It seems like a good way. Then our question is, instead of crossing our names on paper as in the Jar spell described in Hoodoo Theory and Practice would there be a better method? If not the crossing method is fine. We thought that after the paper was inscribed we would add our concerns (if you know what i mean) together over the paper then add pubic hair, head hair, and sprinkle a few herbs. Then we would put it all together as related in HT&P.

Does this sound like a good method or is there something better?

Another question arises. When doing a love working for same gendered partners would Adam & Eve root still work? I would assume it would as the root is a love partnership and not necessarily a male female dynamic. I could be wrong.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:49 pm

Hi.
metanoia wrote:We thought of doing a honey jar together but were unsure if this is the best way to heal our relationship. It seems like a good way.
Well it certainly won't hurt anything, a bit more sweetness never hurt any relationship.
metanoia wrote:hen our question is, instead of crossing our names on paper as in the Jar spell described in Hoodoo Theory and Practice would there be a better method?
Nah, crossing the names over each other is wonderfully traditional and symbolic, as the names are together, so are you two.
metanoia wrote: We thought that after the paper was inscribed we would add our concerns (if you know what i mean) together over the paper then add pubic hair, head hair, and sprinkle a few herbs. Then we would put it all together as related in HT&P.

Does this sound like a good method or is there something better?
Provided the herbs and roots you use are proper to strengthening an existing love, you sound like you are firmly on the right track :D
metanoia wrote:When doing a love working for same gendered partners would Adam & Eve root still work? I would assume it would as the root is a love partnership and not necessarily a male female dynamic. I could be wrong.

Well, no, Adam and Eve root is very much about a "male female dynamic" and will not work for same sex love. That said, its a moot point, no one sells real Adam and Eve root anymore, so unless you grow it yourself, or have someone you know and trust grow it, your never gonna see it.
HRCC Student #1559

metanoia

Unread post by metanoia » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:43 pm

Thanks for the input and advice Turnsteel.

strongone2

Unread post by strongone2 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:09 pm

I am putting together my own honey jar. Trying to get accepted into a graduate program at college. What herbs do I use? Also, I have 9 names to sweeten. Do I write them one time each one under the other and then turn 90 degrees and write my name nine times?

Thanks.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Yes, Adam and Eve root comes from a now endangered orchid - so it's not available. If you see someone selling it, it is most likely fake. As Turnsteel said, unless you know the person who grew it, you won't find actual Adam and Eve root for sale anywhere.

divaluck

Unread post by divaluck » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:35 am

I may not be posting this in the correct forum but I have a wax question. I have been working a honey jar for several weeks for reconciliation. Up until this week all the candles I have set have burned clean leaving only a tiny portion of wick behind. However, this week both times I have worked the jar a small portion of wax has remained. I can't really make out any sort of formation in the wax although one of the wicks from this wednesdays remains attached itself to a previous wick so it looks like two wicks coming out of one place. Is there a meaning in any of this or is it just a candle that didn't burn all the way through? Thanks!

ladydawn

Unread post by ladydawn » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:14 pm

What if I would like to sweeten multiple people to me at once? Would I put all of their names in the jar along with the personal concerns or just do separate jars? Also, would working multiple people/jars "scatter" the energy and thus diminish the effects?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:02 pm

Read through previous posts, ladydawn, your question was asked and answered a few days ago.

Spookyredhead
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Spookyredhead » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi everyone!

I am making a (sneaky) honey jar to help smooth out some of the discord among family members in my house and I have a problem. We have 2 exotic parrots and so it is a hard-and-fast rule in our home that we don't burn candles or incense. (For those who are unaware, birds are very sensitive to such things and it is best to avoid them all together.) Do I have an alternative to candles that will work just as well? Unfortunately, I work in a corporate office so I can't burn it while I'm there either.

I had heard Miss Cat talk about making a honey-picture on the radio show a few years ago. I made one for this problem back then and buried it at my front door. I think it did make things get better for a little bit but then they went right back to square one a year-or-so later.

If anyone can give me some effective candle alternatives, I would really appreciate it! I also have some other work going on for this situation: I recently ordered some Chinese Wash that I will be using to scrub down my house this weekend, some Peaceful Home bath crystals that I am dissolving and putting in the rinse cycle of my top-loading machine on all our clothes and sheets, and Peaceful Home oil that I was planning on putting on our doorknobs and light switches (after they are cleansed) to touch all of the family members daily. Chime in on what else I can do for this too if you are so inclined!

Thanks for your help!

Cassandra
Thank you Blessed Mother for answering my prayers.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:56 pm

Do you have a place that you can go an burn the candle in secret, the garage, carport?

Additionally, you can place Basil in an open bowl in an area of the home where it will not be disturbed and replace it each week. Basil is known to increase love in the home. cat talks about it here (http://www.herb-magic.com/basil.html). Do you have Peace Water? You can put it in a spritzer and spray around the home...add Sumac Berry to it to enhance its effects (read further here http://www.herb-magic.com/sumac-berries.html)

There is also a Peaceful Home Herb Mix (found here http://www.herb-magic.com/peaceful-home-herb-mix.html) that can be used as a floor wash, to wash clothing or to make a mojo (or packet to hid among family pictures).

Spookyredhead
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Spookyredhead » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:35 pm

Oooh! These are great ideas for the home!

I hate to be high-maintenance, but unfortunately it would hard to be sneaky burning a candle in the garage. We have below-zero temps around here lately and it would seem odd for me to be hanging around out there. I plan on building a craft room in the basement this winter so eventually I will have that space to work my sneaky stuff. I'm just sort of desperate to get this jar working soon. I'm going to have to give this a really good think and find a place if this is an imperative.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:39 pm

Core out an apple, and put it in the bottom of a flower pot, drizzle honey into the apple, add your paper and herbs and place a plant on top. Peace Lilly's are rather nice for peaceful home type work.
HRCC Student #1559

ladydawn

Unread post by ladydawn » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:09 pm

I'm sorry, I read through the posts and can't find it anywhere. Can you link me?

Spookyredhead
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Spookyredhead » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:11 pm

I adore the plant idea! That is an awesome trick!

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Candles aren't always burned on top of jar spells. You can make it in a sugar box with the herbs and petition added in, or you can use sugar and place it in a jar. You can pray over, shake it up, or bury it in your front yard or backyard.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:57 pm

Excellent idea as always ConjureMan! I like the shaking bottle spell for this situation as well.

sassymslady
HRCC Student

Unread post by sassymslady » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:43 am

Turnsteel, sunflower73 wrote:When you have a honey jar can you anniot the candle with command oil on the candle? or is that a big NO NO.lol

Commanding and sweetening, ehh, I wouldn't.

Why can't you do this? I've used it with much success. Say for instance you are using different types of oils, in example....come to me, Follow Me Boy etc... aren't these ..."commands?" I'm just saying... :)

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:53 am

sassymslady wrote:

Why can't you do this? I've used it with much success. Say for instance you are using different types of oils, in example....come to me, Follow Me Boy etc... aren't these ..."commands?" I'm just saying... :)

There is a rather big difference between Follow Me Boy, which is a love oil with a compelling aspect, and Commanding Oil, which is used to force someone to do what you command, and is really counter to what a Honey Jar is about, sweetness,kindness and love.
HRCC Student #1559

Mysteriousmoon

Unread post by Mysteriousmoon » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:58 am

Wow you lucky thing =) xx

Mysteriousmoon

Unread post by Mysteriousmoon » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:45 am

Honey Jar does work really well, I just need something to break them two up xx

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:04 pm

MysteriousMoon, please ask your question about break-ups in an appropriate part of the forum -- thanks!
catherine yronwode

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:29 pm

I would get a reading, and see why this is happening. Perhaps you need to do some road opening work to clear this out, and the obstacles that are being made so that you an him do not get in contact with each other. So a reading would definitely be the next best step.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Spookyredhead
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Spookyredhead » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:06 am

For some reason I'm really drawn to the idea of the sugar box. I am all over it! That is the direction I am going to go...thanks so much ConjureMan Ali!

TheGreyMan

Unread post by TheGreyMan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:00 am

When putting together a honey jar to sweeten someone, can the honey I remove to make room for the other items be saved for later, or is it best to consume it right away? I'll probably need to take out three large spoonfulls to make room, and that's just a lot of honey to gobble down at once. I was thinking of scooping it into another jar and eating it over the next couple days, or possibly even cooking something with it. Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
-Terry Pratchett

ladydawn

Unread post by ladydawn » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:52 pm

I'd like to work a honey jar to sweeten a platonic friend to me, but the problem is I can only burn candles during school breaks or random weekends that I come back home since I live with 6 roommates and would like to keep my work private. Is there another option that would ideally involve burning a single candle?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:53 pm

You do not always have to burn candles on top of the honey jar. You can burn tea lights, or small 4 inch candles if you are in a hurry, or have to do it in secret. Remember that you do not have to burn it all down in one sitting. You can simply say your prayer and concentrate as best you can during that time. Then pinch the candle out. If not shake the jar, and state your intentions. And then just have a tea light or smaller candle burning. If you want a single then get a vigil light, and burn that (get one from lucky mojo without the label), and people will never know.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

ladydawn

Unread post by ladydawn » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:08 pm

Thanks for the quick response! When you say it doesn't have to be burnt on top of the honey jar, where else would I be able to burn it? So would I be able to keep the honey jar somewhere else and burn candles in a different location? Sorry, I'm a bit confused. I just worry that someone would see the jar or mess with it. I think a jar covered with candle wax would be slightly suspicious to my roommates.

And about the vigil lights, any particular one?

Transformer

Unread post by Transformer » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi, I started my honey jar way back when when I didn't have any supplies. It is filled with whatever herbs I could find, some personal items, honey and a whole lot of hope. Now that I've received my shipment of oils and herbs, is it better to just add to this jar or start fresh? If there is a right answer... thanks

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:44 am

TheGreyMan asked:
When putting together a honey jar to sweeten someone, can the honey I remove to make room for the other items be saved for later, or is it best to consume it right away?
Your question carries within it the information that you do not yet know how we work this trick -- because NO honey or sugar or syrup is "removed" from the jar "to make room for the other items" other than the honey or sugar or syrup that clings to your fingers or spoon when you push the packet(s) into the honey or sugar or syrup. And that honey is eaten directly as part of the petition.

Perhaps if you just try doing it once you will see how it goes.

Good louck!
catherine yronwode

TheGreyMan

Unread post by TheGreyMan » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:14 am

Hi cat, thanks for your reply. I was referring to this portion of the preparation:

"Open the jar of honey or syrup. To make room for the folded paper packet, you will need to eat some of the contents. Take out a spoon's worth, and as you eat it, say, "As this honey [or syrup] is sweet to me, so will i become sweet to John Russell Brown [or the name of the person you are working this on]." You can do this three times -- taking out three small spoonsful of sweetener and speaking your wish aloud each time. Push the folded paper packet down into the jar and close up the lid. "
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
-Terry Pratchett

LilMissFireSign

Unread post by LilMissFireSign » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:48 pm

Hello GreyMan,

When I did my honey jar, I went out and got a baby food jar...washed it out real well and removed the label...so I ended up pouring my honey in the jar that I was going to use. I still did everything else but I filled my own jar...hope this helps.
On this page .... http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html#jarandcandle
It says...
**You can buy the goods in a pint-size glass Mason jar or pour the sweetening of your choice into a jar of your own at home. All that matters is that it should be a short, squat jar with a metal lid, filled up to the shoulder of the jar.**

Doing this you shouldnt have to eat globs of honey, just a lil bit. Good luck :)
Thank you St Martha! <3

trish76

Unread post by trish76 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Hello Greyman,

I think what Cat is saying and what *I* got from your questions is that you may be thinking the point of taking the honey out is just to fit your personal items in, and on a practical level, this is true. However the consuming the honey while you do this is part of the ritual, hence the wording "as this honey is sweet to me so will I be sweet to so and so". If you just take the honey out and set it aside, you are not really connecting with the ritual completely. I think the honey is symbolic of the purpose. You don't need to eat three heaping spoonfuls. That is just my take on it and how I performed my own honey jar. Of course if you are a diabetic or something, then you might want to make your own jar with a sugar free alternative.
"Don't allow your wounds to transform you into someone you are not". ~ Paulo Coelho ~ ♥

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”