Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:48 pm

BestofLife -- i think the mixed signals come from different areas. You are burning a general money candle with incense to ccover several businesses. One (at least seems eager (the crackling incense), but another one (or more) is "laying down"

Try burning individual candles for prosperity for each business you are working with and perhaps the signs may turn out to be less "mixed.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:55 pm

Cat, I initially got the Money Drawing kit to get more business/money in general from regular consumers and businesses. Not any one in particular. Since I am always trying to get new business does this mean that the money drawing candle will not work for all? I will have to focus my efforts on each one? Thank you for your advice!

Best Wishes ~ Crystal
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:27 am

BestofLife, i think i know how you got "the money drawing will not work for all" from what you called "mixed signals" -- but that is not what i meant.

I wrote, "Try burning individual candles for prosperity for each business you are working with and perhaps the signs may turn out to be less 'mixed.'" That was based on the idea that you wanted to see clear SIGNS. But it did not mean that one candle "won;t work for all" -- only that if you use one candle, you will not get clear signs.

Let's say you are working for, say, six companies to interact with you. You use one candle. The candle shows six different signs because each company is different than the others, but overall, your business is good. But how could six different signs make sense in one candle? They couldn't!

The thing is, you were asking about SIGNS, and when i replied about signs, you thought that i said the CANDLE WON'T WORK FOR ALL. But the candle will work for all -- you just may get mixed signs. And if getting clear signs is your primary goal (which it may not be) then you could use six cadles.

By the way, folks who run oil lamps instead of candles will tie a dozen or more petitions to the outside of each lamp. But they rarely try to check their lamps for signs -- they just trust the process.

See what i mean now?

Sorry for any confusion.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

truzzie

Unread post by truzzie » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:13 pm

I'm currently working a red figural candle spell on myself (to make me attractive and generally irresistible). Yesterday was my first night doing it. I had lit the candle and was about ten minutes into my prayers when the candle flame changed color at the tip. I've never noticed this when doing work before.

The flame was quite high, though I've noticed this on free-standing candles before so I try not to assume too much there, and for about a half inch at the tip of the flame it was a pale green. It wasn't sickly looking, but it struck me as odd. I'm not sure green is a good color to have going when you're working for attraction that isn't to do with money (though money has been a major factor in blocking me from what I want to achieve, so it is A factor).

I continued my prayer work, and eventually the green did fade away. I'm not worried that it's some huge indicator of anything, I was just surprised by it. So far, there has been no wax dripping from the figural and it's burning steadily, not too fast or too slow. Just a high flame, and like I said, that weird color to the tip.

I don't think it was brought on by the oils, though I suppose it could have, and there were no herbs anywhere near it to be burning (I did dust the candle with herbs, but not very heavily). The color stayed that way a good five or ten minutes, and it was far enough into the burning that anything that might have gotten onto the wick at that point should have already burned off, at least to my way of thinking.

The only other thing I've noticed is an occasional popping and snapping, which was actually loud enough to wake my dog up and make her stare at the candle.

I'm working with an AIRR worker and will definitely bring it up at our next reading, and I doubt it's a major thing unless it's something I notice every time I work the candle, but like I said. Weird.

Anyone else ever have the flame itself change color, or part of it?

And any ideas what the green could mean in a non-money drawing spell?
~truzzie

yblack

Unread post by yblack » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:57 am

I actually have a two part question.

First I was burning a plain fixed breakup candle and it burned perfect. However, when it got to the bottom of the glass, it was burning very strange. It actually started burning into two flames instead of one and it looked as if the two flames were fighting each other. I could not find anything on the divination page so I am asking here for any answers that I can get. One flame was higher than the other and it just seemed like a weird burn especially to someone like me who knows very little about candle burning.

Second, how do I dispose of the glass?

Thanks

Olivialeigh

Unread post by Olivialeigh » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:16 am

I recently burned a red vigil candle fixed with come to me products and some personal concerns. It burned steadily with a low flame...I know that wax residue on the glass can indicate obstacles or resistance?
but this is the strangest residue Ive seen. It is almost like a very very thin film..white and hazy. I dont think this is smoke because it is a little sticky like wax, but it is so thin It looks like a fog. Im wondering if this is common for wax residue to look like this when it remains? this is centralized in the middle of the candle. There are no patterns just a uniform film that covers the middle of the candle.
I have not burned alot of vigil candles myself so I am unfamiliar with how wax residue can look (I typically burn free standing candles that are not glass encased.)
Otherwise the candle burned fine.

Im thinking this means one big obstacle...but I sincerely hope not

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:43 pm

Olivialeigh, that kind of residue is called "foggy" and can indicate a lack of clarity in one's petition or intent.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:36 pm

For or haze can also mean delays in your work.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Olivialeigh

Unread post by Olivialeigh » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:51 pm

Thanks Conjureman Ali
That makes perfect sense actually..I didnt feel like I was 100 percent clear with my petition and my thoughts were scattered at the time..I also expect some delays too..But was hoping otherwise

Thanks again! very helpful

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:08 am

the candle does not leave sings of wax , all was consumed but the glass broke, the candle was for St. Martha. Can anyone give me an explication?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:15 am

In my experience a candle breaking is not a good sign unless it is related to casting off evil, road opening, break up of a relationship (there are other cases). As you know, Lucky Mojo has a website that lists various divinations relative to a candle's breaking found here http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsC3

Regardless, further divination may be necessary and only you know the purpose for the candle spell. Taking all of this into consideration, read the link above and consider your purpose. However, you mentioned you were petitioning Saint Martha, that requires further divination.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:32 am

I burn a regular free-standing jumbo candle (not in glass), and the flame is high with a lot of smoke. But burns clean with no tears. Please help, what does this mean?

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:37 am

I'm burning a 8" black candle for break up spell for few months, i know the situation between the people is very bad. yesterday he let me know that everything is up side down in the relationship and they are talking about separation. today i burned the candle and in less than 45 minutes the candle was completed burned all the way with a lot of wax. this work is for friend of mine. is this a positive sing?

Olivialeigh

Unread post by Olivialeigh » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:03 pm

I lit a come to me candle a few days ago. During the burn the flame flickered and danced everywhere..and left alot of wax residue rings at the top (which I usually dont pay attention to until after the candle has burned completely. This evening when the person went out of town, the flame went out.

I have decided to relight the candle. According to the candle divination page it says:

"In any case, if the light goes out, you will have to relight it. Do so with a prayer.

If the light goes out or is put out a second time, this a sign that you may need to use stronger means than you first employed to reach the goal. Try relighting it again, with a stronger and more focussed prayer.
If it goes out a third time, you may try to splint the wick (that is, re-wick the candle) and pray over it very intently before relighting it, and you may also wish to consider adding a second "helper" or "back-up" light on the altar.
If no amount of effort on your part enables the candle to burn, and the helper light goes out three times as well, you should consider the need to start the entire job over from the beginning."

My question is what kind of prayer might one use? any prayer asking that your petition be granted? This has never happened to me before.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:07 pm

truzzie, the oil could very well have affected the colour of the flame. The popping or crackling is traditionally interpreted as spirits wzanting to come through or speak to you.

yblack, the meaning of "twin flames" depends on the candle and its purpose, of course. In Break Up candle situation, such as you describe, one would hope it is driving them apart, no longer one flame but two.

Olivialeigh, use a prayer from your heart. If you want guidance on traiditional forms of African American prayer, please see this instructive youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNvclTp4dUs

Good luck to you all.
catherine yronwode

Danielle
Newly Registered

Unread post by Danielle » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:47 pm

I have burned hundreds upon hundreds of candles and I've seen many of the anamolies that Cat writes about in the Theory and Practice book. Still a little confused on the part about the wick curling up into a ball but from what I read it seems to me that it's something bad. But moving along.....
I bought a glass Reversing vigil candle and lit it on Tuesday. Within the first few hours of it being lit I had to snuff it and cut off the curled up ball of wick and relight. The flame no matter how many times I tried cutting the wick down was high and jumping. It was a strong flame. It was placed in a spot where there was no moving air to make it do that. No fans were on and it jumped around the entire time like it was in a strong wind. I'd trim the wick again to a make the flame smaller so it wouldn't burn too fast and get out of control and to no avail. So I left it alone.
It burned out today not more than 20 minutes ago. So I got a good 4 day burn. The most interesting thing comes towards the end of its life. Today it was on its last half inch or so of wax and then I just saw so much light coming out of the jar I pulled it down to have a look. It had 2 flames at the bottom of the glass. The wick was still burning and a small black ball which was not the wick right next to it but separate. It was a super strong jumping flame like the original and they both would dance and come together and come apart. At times when they did that it would look like 3 flames or 3 mountain ridges at the top. It was strange. There was no more wax around the wick and the ball so I assume it was the items that were used to dress the candle that were burning. Those 2 flames made the whole glass so hot that while sitting next to it not a foot from it I could feel the heat.
Just as they both started to die down they came together and the flame made a circle at the bottom about the size of a quarter. They weren't close enough to each other to join as the flames got smaller but they did. The flame on the bottom of the glass burned blue for about 10 seconds as big as a quarter till it died. I'm baffled. I've never seen anything like it. Anybody have a good idea what it might mean? If it was a love type of candle I'd have figured out a good explanation but this is.....strange and interesting to say the least.

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:57 pm

I know everyone's situation is different, but is it realistic to petition your target to ONLY use their penis on you by dressing a red penis candle with Love Me Oil?
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

Lanfair
Newly Registered

Unread post by Lanfair » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:01 pm

I have been working a vinegar jar for about a month now in conjunction with a honey jar to break up an ex's new relationship and sweeten her to me. Tonight, I burned a black candle dressed with appropriate oils on the vinegar jar as usual and a strange thing happened. The black candle burned away the residue of the previous candles and only left some drippings on the side of the jar and what is unmistakable red wax residue. This was the same type of black candle I have always used, I have no idea why red remains would be left. Any clue as to what this could mean?
Thanks.

channyway9192

Unread post by channyway9192 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:54 pm

Thanks Conjureman, I fgured that I worded ot wrong the first time.....another quick ? I noticed while.burning my black candle on my jar today it burned down in exactly 30mins opposed to the hour it normally takes, oh and another thing after the wax finished I noticed and I am not joking, there hung a lady upside down from the jar....lol, and further down were tear like droplets anf a tiny heart incthe moddle followed by more tear droplets it was so weird, bc I couldn't find anything on the divination article re that.....weird, I think ima get me that quick 10 min reading.....can u suggest someone Please......thanx again

Bruja

Unread post by Bruja » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:31 pm

Hello my friends ,i'm burning a Shut Up ,Road Opener ,& did a cleansing candle .....The shut up candle is totally burning with black smoke on top it started clean but now is all smoke on top .... that's not a good sign right ? the other 2candles are clear ....can some one tell me what that means please:)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:11 pm

Lucky Mojo doesnt sell a 'Shut Up' candle, at least not to my knowledge. Please read Lucky Mojo's online candle divination found here http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Also, you need to take in consider the purpose of the candle spell as you read.

Bruja

Unread post by Bruja » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:27 pm

Sorry my friend bought the candles for me and she just gave them those name she did buy them At LM
they are just the plain color candles .....sorry again for the confussion:)

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:55 am

Hi I was wondering what it means when you light a candle, and the flame is high, but it doesn't flicker at all. Does that mean nothing is really working?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:13 am

You can read about all kinds of candle signs here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:10 am

HI Devi,

Thanks for the response, but I checked the link before, and I double checked it after you pasted it again, I can't find anything about a candle not flickering, and just burning high. My candles usually flicker. Hmm I don't know what it is.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:37 am

If the air in a room is very still a candle will not flicker - it likely sitting in a spot that is still.

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:15 pm

I just recently completed the burning of a red skull candle and there are no remains left. All of the wax is 100% gone! What does this mean? I am not finding anything on the candle magic divination page that answers this question.
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

NO Conjure Virgin

Unread post by NO Conjure Virgin » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:39 pm

Subject: Ritual candle remains

What should I do with the name paper or petition I used for the candle after I am finished with all candle workings?.. Is it okay to discard of the name paper petition?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:46 pm

There are many thing that can be done with a petition paper. Depending on the work you can carry the petition in a mojo hand, bury it with the remains, burn it in the candles flame, wear it in your shoe etc.

What type of work is this for?
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:25 pm

That's the thing Devi, I have a running space heater, that still throws air very close to the area, so the air is circulating . When I had lit a glass encased archangel michael candle, it did flicker. when I reiki this steady candle from a distance for a moment it flickers, then it goes back to being steady. hehe does it mean the the candle's just very focused into manifesting my intention? This was a huge wide christmas green candle, that annointed with lm oil and i lit with intention on a saucer, so the edges didn't burn all the way down in the end, but the middle did.

Hmm, what do you think? I value your opinion, and Thank You in advance!

Thank You!

Miss Ida Lundin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:19 am

maduro01, It is the best sign.
And I quote from the candle divination page that cat has written:

"The candle gives a clean, even burn with no tokens or signs"
"This means things will go well with the spell or blessing and that one will most likely get what one wishes for. If a glass encased vigil or novena candle burns and leaves no marks on the glass, that is best. If a free-standing candle leaves little or no residue, that is best. "

found here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

NO Conjure Virgin

Unread post by NO Conjure Virgin » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:13 pm

ConjureMan Ali wrote:There are many thing that can be done with a petition paper. Depending on the work you can carry the petition in a mojo hand, bury it with the remains, burn it in the candles flame, wear it in your shoe etc.

What type of work is this for?

It is for love money and luck

RedSangria

Unread post by RedSangria » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:20 pm

Good evening, everyone!

I had a vigil candle burning for a court situation I'm currently dealing with. The flame was decently high and burning very securely for three days, after which, it was very sluggish and tiny, but never went out. In another day, it "picked up" speed again. The candle has now finished burning, but there's a bit of wax remaining and a foggy glass. Not much black soot, just a light misting on the right-hand side. I should also add that a 7 day vigil candle burned for 8.5 days. I've had these candles before; they usually finish after 5 days. I've never had one burn for so long.

I read Miss Cat's Candle Divination page, which has been very helpful. I can understand how there would be "unresolved business" in a relationship, but am confused how that would apply to a court case. It makes sense how foggy glass equates eventual resolving of issue and not immediate. That certainly applies. But this leftover wax/"unfinished business" is confusing me.

I know for a fact that no one has done any work on me to make this drag on for so long. It's just...dragging, and I was hoping this candle would give it a little push in the right direction. Should I light another one?

Tigerlily86

Unread post by Tigerlily86 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:31 am

So I've been lighting a candle for the past 2 days to reconnect with an old lover. The flame was weak/low. I decided to look up what it meant. When I found out what it meant,I started bawling. I just spilled me heart out in front of the candle and all of a sudden the flame grew higher and stronger. I thought that was an interesting story to share. :) It has been at a steady pace ever since. I also saw a twin/double flame I'm not sure what that means. I've been searching the forums and internet and I haven't found an exact meaning yet.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:04 am

Tigerlily86, you may find what you are looking for here http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html. Blessings.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Cali_Girl

Unread post by Cali_Girl » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:07 pm

I ordered a series of Break Up candle from MISC. My 2nd to the last report said my will to break them up seemed stronger than their will to stay together. My last report says the last candle broke, that could mean it was just a bad candle OR because of the intention of my candle it can mean my work was successful in breaking them up.

In anyone's experience has a broken break up candle or divorce candle resulted in favorable results for any of you???

divaluck

Unread post by divaluck » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:31 pm

I have been working a honey jar for reconciliation for several weeks. Last night the candle I set on top of the jar burned in half. The candle burned halfway down then slipt in half literally. Half the wax melted on one side then the other side remained standing as if it was never lit. The wick is still in the candle with the top black from being lit but it looks like it got "heavy" and the top half bent down. The candle extinguished itself as the one part bent and disconnected itself from the rest. I do not know if this is a bad sign, if I should try and relight the same candle or what? I looked at the page on candle burn divination but I didn't see anything similar to this situation. Thoughts?

Transformer

Unread post by Transformer » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi Cali Girl, I have. but different circumstances. I wasn't using a vigil candle. I used three taper candles. I wasn't certain my ex was with someone but I suspected that he was. So I used one taper to represent him, another to represent the girl I suspected and the third to represent any other rivals. I tied the three together with black string, used break-up oil and burned them on what I thought was a fairly sturdy plate. The plate broke into three clean pieces. Having a glass plate shatter could easily be due to mundane reasons but since it broke into three very clean pieces, I decided it was a clear sign that my three candle spell worked.

Whether or not the shattered plate actually meant success wasn't nearly as important as deciding that it did and using that momentum in subsequent work. Believing in that sign gave me confidence that my break-up work would work so I used that confidence to drive the energy of follow-up work. I was relentless until I broke them up and break them up I did.

So decide that it means success, just as I did, and use that energy in your favor. Besides, based on your penultimate report, it looks like it was headed in that direction anyway (break-up direction).

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:12 pm

Read cat's candle divination page about a broken candle for break up work toward the bottom of the page found here http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

I am also moving this post to its appropriate location: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Cali_Girl

Unread post by Cali_Girl » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:52 pm

@Jwmcclin Thx for moving my post here. I tried posting here, but I could not find the "post new topic" link. I have read the divinations pg back n forth. My candle report mirrored the divinations page, that it could have simply been a bad candle or a sign of success.

@BabyBio How cool! You had a direct sign there imho. Plate cracked in three wow. I think my broken glass was a good sign too.

However, I want to know others outcome from their experience?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:31 pm

Cali_Girl, when you are within a topic, select the Post Reply (in red) link at the bottom left of the last post. If after reading the divination page, you are not clear, you can get a reading for interpretation. You said these candles were burned at LM right? Than if you are not clear on the interpretation, call and get further information. Even after knowing someone else's outcome or experience, it is still not the same set of circumstances as yours; candle interpretations are very personal.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:26 am

Since you were working to bring about reconciliation, yes this is a bad sign. You were working to bring a couple back together, and the candle split apart. This usually means that one person is still wanting the relationship,you, represented by the half of the candle that melted and the other person does not care anymore, they hold themselves aloof, standing alone.
HRCC Student #1559

divaluck

Unread post by divaluck » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:15 am

At this point should I dispose of the jar, keep working it or start a new one? I'm unsure how to proceed or if I should proceed.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:17 am

Rockpep wrote:At this point should I dispose of the jar, keep working it or start a new one? I'm unsure how to proceed or if I should proceed.
I would suggest a reading to find out what is going on. Also, starting a new jar wouldn't do you any good in this case, its not the jar, its the relationship.
HRCC Student #1559

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:30 am

Rockpep, check with one of AIRR readers http://www.readersandrootworkers.org I see that you have been working this for a while. Things were looking good at first, you need to find out what happened and a reading will answer that.

divaluck

Unread post by divaluck » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:55 am

Thanks for the link, I'm going to schedule a reading and see what I should do.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:20 pm

I agree get a reading done to see how this is affects your situation and what it means. I mean it could be a bad candle and so on, or it could be a sign. But do not panic til you know for sure. Make sure you ask your reader what you can do to help rectify this situation, and how you can move forward to help success in your work.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

divaluck

Unread post by divaluck » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:49 pm

I made an appointment for a reading but it isn't for a few more weeks. Should I continue to work the jar or hold off until I get my reading?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:06 pm

I agree with the others that this is a bad sign.

(I am also going to merge your post into the candle burning signs thread, where it fits best.)

While waiting for your reading, wash the top of the jar with some sort of spiritual cleansing product -- Peace Water, Chinese Wash, Hoyt's Cologne, Florida Water, or Whiskey. (If you use an alcohol-based product, like Hoyt's Cologne, Florida Water, or Whiskey, let it dry thoroughly lest the alcohol catch afire.) Carve, dress, prepare, anoint, and pray over a new candle and see how it burns.

Keep notes so you will be prepared to share these events with your reader.
catherine yronwode

MsSha

Unread post by MsSha » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:59 pm

Hello all,
Excuse me if this has already been discussed, but i'm new to spellcasting and am dersperate.... :lol: I have completed a uncrossing spell and noticed that my candles would repeatedly dance, bounce , or go in spirals and the last 3 burned clean with little to no residue.

I did read on the LM site and found this:
"If a candle flame "dances" or "bounces" or forms a high spiral of flame, it is often seen as a sign that the person on whom you are working is greatly affected by the work; your message is getting through; watch out, though, because if the flame flares up tooo high, the candle may burn up overly fast or you may end up with a candle that flames up into a fire hazard."

My question is could this be a good thing or a bad thing that my candles burn this way? Could it be that what I'm asking for in my petition, i will most likely get? Or could it be that I am facing some opposition some where???? Just curious since the spell was for not only me but for 2 other people in my family.... :cry: Any thoughts on this anyone?????? :roll:
I AM WHO I AM AND IT IS WHAT IT IS...

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:04 pm

You are basically answering your own question. You said the candle burned clear, your petition is being answered.

MsSha

Unread post by MsSha » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:11 pm

Thanks for the quick response :D . I was kinda thinking the same as you..I know being new to spell casting there is no one way to interpret things. I just like to hear other people's opinion as well.
I AM WHO I AM AND IT IS WHAT IT IS...

Rose

Unread post by Rose » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:39 am

I am working with a rootworker and will get their opinion/a reading on this as well but it's so nutty that I need to share it. I'm also snowed in and am bored and would love to hear opinions if ya feel like it :P

Keeping the heat on a moving candle spell that my worker just finished, I decided to burn a regular 4 inch pink candle over a large photo of my target. It did the whole split wick thing, except I think it had 3 flames at one point! Then he candle just burnt down one side first, exposing the wick. The wax from that rolled down onto the photo, just over the target's eye only. Then it proceeded to run down the target's face just like a tear! ( I watched it happen - even cooler) The wax completely burned up with no other residue except for this "patch" over the target's left eye with a tear. I am normally not one to obsess over candle divination but when something stands out, I cant ignore it.

Now the first obvious thing that popped into my head is that the target is crying or will cry ......but since this is more of a me wanting him and him not wanting me thing, i would think i'd be the one crying! Any candle lovers out there have opinions or ideas?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:27 am

It is difficult to interpret candles for others, especially if we have to take the describer's explanation of events with no background history, but it does sound like the target is of "split mind" and although trying to block out the vision/knowledge of what he or she has done, hence the patch-covered "pirate" eye, but, one tear has leaked out anyway. This reminds me of the words of the old song by Burl Ives: "a little bitty tear let me down, spoiled my act as a clown."
catherine yronwode

Rose

Unread post by Rose » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:42 am

thank you cat.

that's a lovely interpretation. I was going to go into background detail but i didnt want to obsess or give away too much info since im still working. just looking for some ideas, such as yours. makes a lot of sense, considering we met under strong "Romeo and Juliet" type circumstances and he acted like i was "the one", only to only go on one more date and have him to a 180 -as if i did something to piss him off or there was some major dealbreaker i wasnt aware of. now he wont speak to me and is all of a sudden saying he is not right for me - and basically cutting me off. he's sensitive and could be feeling sad about how he treated me, like he really didnt mean to hurt me. we'll see how everything pans out and what the reading says.

thank you again.

divaluck

Unread post by divaluck » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:16 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:I agree with the others that this is a bad sign.

(I am also going to merge your post into the candle burning signs thread, where it fits best.)

While waiting for your reading, wash the top of the jar with some sort of spiritual cleansing product -- Peace Water, Chinese Wash, Hoyt's Cologne, Florida Water, or Whiskey. (If you use an alcohol-based product, like Hoyt's Cologne, Florida Water, or Whiskey, let it dry thoroughly lest the alcohol catch afire.) Carve, dress, prepare, anoint, and pray over a new candle and see how it burns.

Keep notes so you will be prepared to share these events with your reader.
I did as Cat said and cleanesed the jar with whiskey. Upon doing this the next candle burned clean and took the strange split in half remnant with it. Now, I don't know if this is result of cleaning with liqour or not. Although, I did cleanse it on a Thursday and did not burn another candle on the jar until Friday. Monday when I burned a candle the wax did leave remains in the shape of the heart. It is a very clear heart shape.

nena1974

Unread post by nena1974 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:46 am

I'm currently working a divorce candle on top of a vinegar jar. The candle seems to be burning straight down the middle leaving both figures in tact (males head melted off). is this a good sign?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:56 am

nena1974, actually, it sounds like your petition is being answered, a split down the middle but Im just interpreting your post. You will need a reading to fully understand the divination.

How to read candle divination signs from candle burning
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
AIRRhttp://www.readersandrootworkers.org

(I moved your post to the candle divination section)

nena1974

Unread post by nena1974 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:03 am

Thank you!

lotusflower

Unread post by lotusflower » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:32 am

I'm working on a spell kit right now. When working on it this morning, the candle which has two flames became one flame. I looked at it and felt it was a good sign. I know candle reading is personal. Just wondering if anyone knew what it might mean? I've looked on the section of candle reading on LM site, but couldn't find anything about the flames becoming one. Any ideas? Thanks!

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”