Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:59 am

If you are speaking about 'writing a petition read here writing-a-petition-t2312s2310.html
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

DaisyChain

Unread post by DaisyChain » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:43 pm

Thanks Jwmcclin, that's exactly what I was looking for.
"Learning as much as I can on the budget of a homeless man"

DaisyChain

Unread post by DaisyChain » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:45 am

I started a honey jar a few days ago and last night as I was burning a candle on top of it (A white one if that helps), the candle went out for no reason. I re-lit it and it burned with no problems, but today as I lit it again (I'm burning the candle in sections), it burned out and I had to re-light it again.
Anybody have any idea what this means? This is the 2nd candle I burned on the jar (The first was blue).

DaisyChain

Unread post by DaisyChain » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:49 am

Also, when I re-lit the candle today (after it went out prematurely), it burned very very slowly for a few minutes and then it suddenly flared up and started crackling and hissing and popping like crazy! It startled me so badly I almost knocked it over. :?

divaluck

Unread post by divaluck » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:12 pm

DaisyChain wrote:Also, when I re-lit the candle today (after it went out prematurely), it burned very very slowly for a few minutes and then it suddenly flared up and started crackling and hissing and popping like crazy! It startled me so badly I almost knocked it over. :?

Do you have the candle dressed with any sort of herbs? Sometimes having herbs or ground herbs attached to a candle can cause popping and hissing. If not this typically means that spirits are trying to communicate. Also, about it burning out...is the candle annointed with oil and if so when you annointed it did you annoint all the way to the tip of the wick? I always annoint to the tip of the wick and I have had instances when I used too much oil and the candle behaved the same way, it kept going out.

Here is a link to candle divination signs that you might find helpful:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA2

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi everyone

I know a lot of people burn birthday candles on their honey jars for the sake of convenience, I just wanted to clarify that pink candles with white stripes on them are still classified as pink candles right?

divaluck

Unread post by divaluck » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:49 pm

I would burn birthday candles if that is all I had access to. I have burned white when I was out of the coresponding color as well. For me it is the intent that I put into it , I definitely don't let the lack of supplies hold me back. ;)

DaisyChain

Unread post by DaisyChain » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Shelly, I use birthday candles all the time when I run out of larger candles. And yes, pink still counts as pink even if it has white stripes. :)

No, my candle was not annointed with oil nor was it sprinkled with herbs. I was simply burning a plain candle.
It actually just burned out a 3rd time and I'm really confused as to why it's doing that.
All 3 times it burned very steadily before snuffing itself out, except for the 2nd time, when it was acting very "noisy".
I have heard that the spirits are trying to communicate or that the target is really "feeling the burn", but I'm not sure why it would keep burning out if the target was indeed being affected by the work.
This is my first Honey Jar, so maybe I did something wrong?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:28 pm

I would definitely dress your candles before using them - it helps infuse them with your intent, and enhance your work through the agency of the spirits of the herbs used to make the oil. At the very VERY least, I would pray over some olive oil and dress the candles with that before burning them. I would not just use plain candles for spiritual work of this kind.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

DaisyChain

Unread post by DaisyChain » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:16 pm

Really? I didn't know that.
I kinda thought you only dressed candles with special oils when you were using a full-on spell kit or when you have the corresponding candle-oil set.
I have plenty of olive oil, so I'll defenitely make note of that in the future.
I'm pretty new to Hoodoo (less than 6 months), so I'm still learning all the tricks and terms.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:54 pm

There is only 1 occasion where I do not dress a candle with a condition oil of some sort - for all other cases, candles are dressed before use in conjure. It's part of what makes the candle part of a magical act, rather than just lighting a random candle. :)

You may wish to read this page on candle magic in the hoodoo tradition: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#history

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:14 pm

thanks guys :D

blackcateyes

Unread post by blackcateyes » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:37 pm

I have a friend that I believe is talking smack behind my back to a few important people in my life....this person has some mental issues ...not to say that I don't but I try to over look what they do because I understand that they can't help them selves....I know that they love me but have a *** up/competitive way of showing it...so I thought doing a honey jar on them might do the trick...I can't get this persons hair...but I have a writing sample...now do I pair that with a writing sample of my own and put it in the jar or under the jar? I was a little confused as to the directions on this...I tried to read as much as I could...I got to about page 14 on the saved discussion on this before I burst and posted...please forgive if it's repetitive...
Just a spoon full of honey makes the medicine go down....;)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:38 pm

Yes, in honey jars, you want similar personal concerns put in the jar. ...and yes this post will be moved to the honey jar questions and answer section.

blackcateyes

Unread post by blackcateyes » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:46 am

jwmcclin wrote:Yes, in honey jars, you want similar personal concerns put in the jar. ...and yes this post will be moved to the honey jar questions and answer section.
thanks so much for the swift reply...almost thought the post was lost for a sec there...;)
Just a spoon full of honey makes the medicine go down....;)

strongone2

Unread post by strongone2 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:59 am

I have a honey jar going for getting an interview for grad school (don't have people calling in favors like my competition). For the first time, I placed photos of those on selection committee under the jar. The flame went from always being a single flame to being a pyramid. Also noticed after flame burned out that there were two round sparks separated. Suddenly the spark in the rear moved up joining the first and then extinguished. Can someone tell me if this is significant. Also had a three wish spell to saints Michael, Rafael and Gabriel going ( day#3). Thanks. New to this. Living with a vet with major brain issues from Iraq and desperately need this school thing to work. Now trying road opening too.

RJLupin

Unread post by RJLupin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:25 pm

Long story short, I lit a candle on my honey jar when the jar's target was in my home. He knows I'm into magic, but has no idea what it was I was doing or that he was the target; he just thought I was doing something for "good luck" or something. Anyway, we were watching a movie when suddenly he said "that looks like a fire hazard!" and I look at my altar to see that my honey jar had caught afire! The wax from the previous candles had pooled on the top (I used a small, wide-mouth mason jar) and for some reason, when the candle burned down to the holder, it caught on fire, which it NEVER had before. I ran and got my candle snuffer and put out the blaze so I wouldn't have to blow it out.

What might this mean? I know a large flame on a candle tends to indicate that the spell is working, but I'm not sure that's the case here. While I do see more of the spell's target, the spell certainly hasn't had the effect I desired. Obviously, it could just be a natural event, but I'm not sure.

Finally, if I decide to call it quits, what's a safe way to stop the candle jar spell when I feel like it's not going to work any farther? I would hate to take it apart and have it backfire in some way.

Thanks!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Backfire...the word really does NOT belong in hoodoo. We have spoken about this on many occasions as to why things do not randomly backfire. Spellwork is not suddenly going to have the OPPOSITE effect. This concept should leave people's minds. Just because you take it apart does not mean that he is going to suddenly start hating you.

Taking it apart may not even necessarily stop the work per se. The work may eventually just fizzle out and lose momentum especially if this situation was not meant to be, or has not seen movement.

The honey jar may be the wrong step for you, if you have been working on it for sometime, and not seen movement. I would HIGHLY suggest that you get a reading done on your situation to see what the large flame means for your work.

If there was a lot of herbs, powder, and/or oils on the candle then it was going to catch fire as the supplies caught fire. I would be more careful next time

But on the Divination page http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA9

It is indicated that this is not a good sign.

Again, I would get a reading to see what this means for your work, and how you should proceeed

www.readersandrootworkers.com
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:45 pm

I agree with starsnthesky7 about the reading for this situation. If you are getting postive results from the target, that is a sure fire way of knowing that it is working but as starsinthesky7 said adding too many herbs, oils, powders etc, the location of the honey jar could all be factors in its end result. I have moved. this question/answer to the Honey Jars Questions and Answer section. You should scroll through the pages and there is mention of similar situations.

angeldust

Unread post by angeldust » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:35 pm

That seems like a very effective honey jar Mary, I would also like to share a few thouhts about my honey jar, I broke my targets resistance as advised and worked my honey jar last friday with a good sign because he called me the next day. However exactly a week after I did the honey on the friday i.e. yesterday we had a blazing argument like never before he said some extremely hurtful and insulting things calling me a whore and bitch and basically saying that he used me and chucked me once he was finished. I was also angry so I gave as good as I got however part of me just did not understand why we were fighting like this because he has never disrespected me like that before. So I sucked it up and told myself I am still going to work my honey, I couldnt find it in its normal place and then I thought back to last week saturday the morning after I worked my honey, my brother walked into my room and the jar was on my work area I moved it quickly to behind my bed and it has been there all week along with the remains of the break up vigil candle glass that I had worked to separate him from his ex girlfriend which was successful by the way, however I am going to bury this but it really did cause negativity to my honey jar. My dilemma now is whether to believe all those nasty things that he said to me as he was influenced by negativity or is it the case that the truth comes out when you are that angry? suggestions are welcome, also let this be a lesson to everyone to be extra careful with positive and negative work as when they overlap it will have a profound effect!

Miss Ida Lundin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:40 am

Hi angeldust,
I'd get a reading if I were you. To see if this is now showing you his true self or if this is because something else.
I agree that keeping remnants from unburied breakup work behind your own bed along with a honey jar is a bad thing. I would get that vigil glass candle out of my house as soon as possible, if I were you.

I'd also advice you to work that honey jar by burning candles on it on a regular basis.
Monday, wednesday & friday or at least every friday.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:21 am

Angeldust,

Please get a reading. This will put to rest your concerns of the ifs and maybes about your situation.

angeldust

Unread post by angeldust » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:36 pm

thanks guys your advice is greatly appreciated

RJLupin

Unread post by RJLupin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:22 am

starsinthesky7 wrote:
The honey jar may be the wrong step for you, if you have been working on it for sometime, and not seen movement. I would HIGHLY suggest that you get a reading done on your situation to see what the large flame means for your work.

If there was a lot of herbs, powder, and/or oils on the candle then it was going to catch fire as the supplies caught fire. I would be more careful next time

But on the Divination page http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA9

It is indicated that this is not a good sign.

Again, I would get a reading to see what this means for your work, and how you should proceeed

http://www.readersandrootworkers.com
Thanks!

I didn't use any herbs or powders on top of the jar; it was just the candle with a very light coating of oil. I'm wondering if I should have used a smaller jar. I've seen a little bit if improvement in the situation, but I think what I was going for is more or less too much to ask. The fact that it ONLY caught fire while the target was actually in the room, to me, indicates that I was going the wrong direction with the work, and I should try a different goal or use a different method.

Thanks again!

angeldust

Unread post by angeldust » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:22 am

I have noticed that the candle wicks of the candles that I burn on my honey jar always form a loop lately, I thought at first it must be the way the candle is made or that particular type/brand of candle, however when using a different type of candle the same thing happened? This has not happened before with the same candles. I am going to use the lm candle lighting service and I will be interested to see if this happens again too as well as the divination, has this happened to anyone else before?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:06 pm

You probably need to trim the wick before lighting it. In any case, I really wouldnt look to much into that. Everything is not a sign.

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:05 am

Has anyone ever had lots of residual wax on there honey jar at the start but, (it always happens when I am not looking) one day all of the residual wax is burnt away completely clean and only the wicks are left? This happened to me recently and I was overwhelmed!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:03 am

Yes, that's a pretty common occurrance when working a jar long-term. It's usually a good sign that some blockage or obstacle was worked through.

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:11 am

Thanks Devi great news for me :)

Artaynia

Unread post by Artaynia » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Can a honey jar make you push away those you care about?

Also when I dischared of my honey jar, because it was a jar I bought I rinced out the honey down the drain then got rid of the paper written inside it.

Wow that night I went through the most emotional rollercoaster of my life I felt like I was close to the edge spirtually it was that intense I coudlnt even do a spirtual bath because I was so confused with this overpowering emotions that I was going through did I discharge of it incorrectly and this is the reason of why this happened?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:18 pm

No why would a honey jar push away those you care about? A honey jar is for sweetening, and creating a nice relationship between two kinds of people.

It does not have negative effects, and if you feel like you are having these emotions you need to get a reading to see why this is happening.

MissJessica
HRCC Student

Unread post by MissJessica » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:54 pm

Hello! I have a question, each year I make a year sweetening jar (a honey Jar's intent without all the sticky) I use a little sugar and then a mix of herbs, oils, powders, personal concerns and petitions from my husband and myself, put it all in a jar, seal it with a white candle and keep it on our dresser for a year. We do this on the first of the year every year. However, I am starting to get too many jars because I have never gotten rid of them or their contents because I wasn't sure the best method. Would the best thing to do be to bundle up the contents of the jar and bury it in our backyard? We live in an apartment so I'm also considering getting us a house plant to bury the remains in the soil, would that work as well?
Do you think it would be of any harm or anything to bury more than one years contents at a time?

Thank you!

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:25 pm

If a honey jar has accomplished its goal then bury it in your front yard to keep it drawing, or in your backyard to keep it close. If there was an accident with the jar, or you messed up get rid of it at the crossroads.
ConjureMan - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

truzzie

Unread post by truzzie » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:07 pm

I've read all 64 pages, and I didn't see this addressed, though I may have missed it here or in the online book. Just wanted to see, when working the honey jar, how long should it typically be prayed over? Generally I go with 15 minutes, but now I'm wondering if it should be worked for the whole time the altar candle is lit. Just curious. Thanks in advance!
~truzzie

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:21 pm

There is no set time limit to actually pray over a honey jar or anything. Basically you focus for how long you can focus. Some people can focus for 30 seconds, others 30 minutes. If you can focus, and pray for a good solid minute that is completely fine. It does not need to be something long and drawn out.

Some people work with altar candles, and others do not. So if you want to work with or pray with for 15 minutes each day, or Monday wednesday friday, or once a week...that is fine.

janet7711

Unread post by janet7711 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:02 pm

Is there a certain day when i should start? time? Anything specific?

also anything special to know while working on this??

Any feedback would be great. Thanks

Miss Ida Lundin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:51 am

Hi janet, You can start a honey jar on a Friday morning. You can start it when the moon is waxing.
You can burn candles on it every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

People works differently with timing, you can do a forum search on timing to read more.
Some rootworkers work with planetary hours, some with the arms of the clock.
There are no hard rules, but it's good to get at least some of these timings right.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:39 am

Please read through this thread as we have discussed timing, and different ways of working the jar.

moschino23

Unread post by moschino23 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Is it ok to burn two different candles on my honey jar at the same time? For instance a red candle for love and passion and pink for romance, since we are a couple but she is trying to hold out on the bedtime goodies :oops:

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:05 pm

You mean in runs right? burn red for passion and pink for romance....

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:45 pm

You can alternate the candles on different days or every other week depending upon when you work your honey jar. So perhaps this week you decided to burn a red candle on friday, and then next friday pink. Or you can do pink Monday, wednesday and red on friday. It is really up to you but you can definitely alternate.

newtomagick

Unread post by newtomagick » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:48 pm

Hi forum,

Ok, I am new here. I have recently ordered a "Return to me" candle vigil to be set at the church altar next to LM store..

At the same time, I have started my honey jar to the best of my ability. Can someone tell me if the ingredients in there would work?

I have:

1) My petition( w/his name and my name written 5x across in tic-tac-toe)
2) my wishes written around our names
3) his semen and my hair
I wrapped up all that (folded toward me)
along with the petition inside the jar, I also have:
4) Licorice roots
5) Ginger Roots
6) 2 fresh roses pedals

Then I added honey (after taken 1 spoon).

I set a small candle (dressing with Chuparrosa oil) to burn on top of the honey jar.

If I have done it wrong, can someone tell me what am I missing or what else should I order from LM? I would love to order the honey jar spell kits but I can't bear to wait this long for the delivery, that's why I started my own jar.

I would like to also order:
1) Return to me spell oil
2) Bend over Essence
3) Follow me boy.
Anything else I should have that would benefits for a reconciliation?

Since its not convenient for me to do spell at home, is having a vigil candle done for me at the altar just as sufficient?

Thanks for any help and insight about this.

newtomagick

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:51 pm

Your ingredients are fine. However, you do not seem to understand how a honey jar is made.

You said you added honey to a jar filled with items AFTER taking one spoonful for yourself.

That is not how we do it.

We have a jar with honey already in it. We do not take a spoonful of honey. We do not pour honey on top of our items.

What we do is fill a jar with honey or sugar and set it to one side. We then make a packet in a name-paper with a prayer or petition-wish, personal concerns and roots or herbs. After folding the paper packet up, we push the packet down into the honey or sugar, which gets honey or sugar on our finger or spoon. We lick the finger or spoon and say our prayer, which usually starts with the words, "As honey [or sugar] is sweet to me, so will [name] be sweet to me and [state the wish]." We usually conclude with the name of our deity, for instance, "I ask this in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, Amen."

You had everything set up right, but you took the honey and ate it BEFORE you had the person's things in the honey. That's backwards. You did not mention praying at all. That's just careless.

If you want to learn how to practice rootwork, you should ask questions, read my free web pages, or order a honey jar kit BEFORE you attempt to do the work.You could have read the extremely long thread on honey jars, or the web page, and then asked questions here if you had difficulty understanding the sequence of events. I know you did not wish to wait for delivery of one of our prepared honey jar kits, but in favour of those kits, i will note that they contain the honey jar, blank paper for the petition, suitable herbs, a candle stand, one candle, and a suitable oil with which to dress the candle, plus full instructions -- and you may order an extra dozen candles at the same time for a discounted price, to carry the work on for several more weeks.

As a long-time practitioner and teacher, it is difficult for me to see people come in, admit they are new, tell me they did something that is neither traditional nor sensible to me in terms of magical practices, and then ask me if it's okay. I want to be positive and encouraging, but i am also an honest worker, and, out of honesty, i can only answer, "Nope. If you did what you described, in the sequence that you described it, that's not okay. You made hash of that one."

There is an old saying among carpenters: "Measure twice, cut once." This is true in all fields of work, including rootwork.

Also, for the definitive and complete knowledge on sweet spells, please do check out the book "Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells" by my good friend and colleague Deacon Millett. You can read the entire Table of Contents for the book here:

http://luckymojo.com/hoodoohoneyandsugarspells.html

Order the book here:

BOO-GRI-HHSS
Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells: by Deacon Millett
$9.00

Click the blue Add To Cart button to order right here in the forum.

Good luck to you!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

newtomagick

Unread post by newtomagick » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi cat,

Wow, I appreciate your straight and honest answer. I admit that I am totally new to voodoo and therefore knows nothing about it, and therefore mess up my whole work. However please know that it wasn't my intention to disrespect anything at all. If I did, please accept my deepest apologies.

I was just desperate in doing something fast to calm my nerves down due to the recent break up I just had =( I hope you understand).... I have been really down and depress lately...

And the fact that I am not Christian and doesn't understand much about Christianity Religion made it worst.

Funny thing is, althou I did it the wrong way, it did somehow calmed me down all day today =)

I have been desperately been trying to find someone to help me do a honey jar the correct way, but couldn't find the whole steps from A-Z. This forum does indeed talk alots about honey jar, but I have been only finding short answer for specific issue (like how to dispose of the jar), but not really the whole steps. If I have missed that thread, would you kindly send me to link to read it ?

I really would like to find someone that can help me and get results, please do not abandon me at this stage....this forum and people's success stories that I have read has been giving me more hope then before I read, because I didnt know magic truely exist until now.

I will go ahead take out my junk jar and would you please tell me what I should next? what should I order from LM to make it work for me?

Desperate...

newtomagick

Unread post by newtomagick » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:08 pm

Sorry Cat for another question:

Also, can I re-do that honey jar the way you described? I just read your instructions and it said 3x the time for both of us.
Is the first one messed up my chances of getting a reconciliation?

Will a candle virgil set at the altar a better option for me? instead of doing my own spell that I am so unfamilier with?
And will it work for someone who's not Christian?

Sorry for the troubles again ...

MMcake
Newly Registered

Unread post by MMcake » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Can anyone please help??

I'm new to all this and was wondering would this work?

I'm living in quite a chaotic family environment (as dad seems to have some major anger issues), thus there's alot of conflict everyday. Parent's marriage is pretty... Dysfunctional (no cheating though) so I was thinking of making a honey jar for them?

Honey jar with a strand of each of their hairs tied together, some attraction oil, some brown sugar, some crown of success (?) oil, and write a petition that says, strong and loving marriage, happy and peaceful home.

Would this be enough? Any suggestions to add more things?
I really want to see it work =(. I'm sure my parents care about each other (deep deep down inside) they just don't show it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Melania

Unread post by Melania » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:17 pm

I have a honey jar that I have been working. I used one of the tall baby food jars but the cover doesn't quite seal right. If you look closely you can see one side of it higher than the other. The candle on top is always slightly tilted because of it.
I have tried to push it down and turn it to get it to seal better but to no avail.
I have been thinking for some time of a way to rectify this and I have an idea.
I thought I would use a tall canning jar (which I purchased from Goodwill).
Wash it thoroughly and then cleanse with Hoyts.
Place the honey jar inside and add honey so it is full.
Adding an additional seal, I guess.
I look at it as similar to correcting a wick on a candle
I'm happy with my honey jar and I think that it is doing it's job as is, but I would like to correct the seal issue without disturbing it as much as possible.
I would appreciate any advice on this. :)

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:42 pm

You can just transfer your honey jar to another container of your choice as long as its not plastic. Plastic burns. Thats fine. I understand you dont want it to be tilted this way you can get an more accurate wax divination out of it.

Nadige

Unread post by Nadige » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Turnsteel wrote:LuckyMojo sells honey jar spell kits and I think they would really help you. They come complete with herbs, a dram bottle of oil and a candle, and an extra dozen candles isn't that much more.

You can see them here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatspells.html#honeyjar I suggest the King Solomon Wisdom one.

With this honey jar...do I need to use any personal concerns from myself? and also would Crown of Success honey jar also work in sweetening a professor towards me?

itworks
Newly Registered

Unread post by itworks » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm new to posting but I've been following this forum for months. I started a honey jar spell for employment and it worked --- the time frame from spell to results was roughy 45 days -- that may seem long to some but I had been out of work for almost a year - actually the real delay was the holiday season since several people were out for the holidays. I included in the jar: my prayer petition; crown of success and pay me oils along with the names of the individuals I was scheduled to have an interview with. They "LOVED" me -- :D

Oh yeah - I did the spells only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday...I intend to keep this going because I am pleased with the results.

Elizarose

Unread post by Elizarose » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:04 am

Can someone take the items from w/in a mojo bag (not used) and place them in Honey Jar to be worked that way? Say a Love Me mojo bag, turned into a honey jar?

Also, if you have an existing honey jar - can you take the petition paper out, and place it in a new one?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:12 am

Hmm...thats a good question. I dont see why not as long as its in line with your intentions.

And yes you can take out the petition paper if you are using the petition paper for the same goal.

ladydawn

Unread post by ladydawn » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:25 am

I just finished making a honey jar, which I'm feeling very confident about and excited to start seeing results :D I love the idea of being able to burn different candles for different purposes on the jar. Thinking of making another all-purpose jar for myself, but I'll wait til i start getting movement with this one....don't wanna overload myself!

gsk2

Unread post by gsk2 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:44 pm

Hey everyone

I have heard along the way that some folks aren't too keen on honey jars. However, I have always found that they work very well for me; I love them!

I think that part of the reason is that I warm my jars before I begin. Initially, the reason was to remove the labels, so I would stand the jar in hot water for a short time, to make removal easier, and leave no gluey residue. Now, it makes sense to me that the honey being warm contributes to the spell.

What do the professionals think of this?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:18 pm

newtomagick --

This is not a "voodoo" forum. This forum is to help folk to learn and practice African American folk magic, which is called "hoodoo."

gsk --

Sure, that's one way to do it. I used to buy honey in large lots and pour it (cold) into small, already de-labelled jars. Now we use so much in the shop, making honey jars for clients and customers that we have our beekeeper-supplier just put up flats of jars WITHOUT LABELS for us. Saves her a step and saves us a step as well.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

BellaMars

Unread post by BellaMars » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi everyone. I posted my situation in another thread and was told to try a honey jar to sweeten my husband who after 5 years of marriage and 8 years of knowing him moved out of the house adn left me and our 2 little boys. I want us to reconcile and become the passionate couple we used to be and best friends again. I have such an emptiness inside me since he left.

I am so anxious to start my honey jar spell. I have already gotten the jar and the honey. Here is what I have ordered and put together for my honey jar. Please comment and let me know if it sounds good.
I ordered some of the oils and herbs and candles from luckymojo and cant wait to get them. When would be the best day/time to start the jar?

I would like for someone to give me some advice about what I planned to put in the jar. Please let me know if everything seems ok. Its for a reconciliation and fall in love again for my husband.

petition paper
a photo
his hair
should I include a small piece of his clothing? Cut a tiny piece of his (clean) underwear ?
rose petals
cardamom
basil
Marjoram
Mint
For love and fidelity:
vanilla pod
coriander seeds
cumin seeds
lavender flower buds
rosemary
I would like to add some saffron & ginger too bc if I am not mistake it will make the spell more powerful and the saffron is also a powerful love spice.
a matched pair of small lodestones
should I include cloves for friendship? Since I want us to not only become passionately in love and faithful again but also become best friends like we were before?

I plan on altering between pink and red candles and I will do the spell everynight for 21 days then for 3 nights (mon, wed, fri) until I start seeing results then I will do it once a week on fridays. What time of day/night would be best? When both hands of the clock are rising? Also I read about using red Adam & Eve Moving Candle spell with this Honey Jar Spell but now cant find it. I thought I copied and pasted the instructions, if someone can explain how to do this I would very much appreciate it. I think someone (Cat) said she lights them in sections and keeps a pink vigil light on to keep the spell going? Please someone enlighten me.

The candles will be carved with his name and a short petition then annointed with Reconciliation Oil, Return To Me Oil, Healing Oil(to heal his depression), Stay With Me Oil, Fire Of Love Oil . I have Love Me Sachet Powder to sprinkle on the candles and Love Me Incense to burn while I pray.

Does this all sound good? Thanks so much in advance.
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Please do not double post as you have already posted in this thread here return-my-husband-back-to-me-and-our-family-t11382.html

In addition, you can read the forum rules here:faq.php?mode=rules

BellaMars

Unread post by BellaMars » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:44 pm

Oh ok Im so sorry! After I posted the question about the honey jar spell in the other thread I thought maybe I should have posted it directly in the honey jar thread since it deals specifically with the type of spell Im trying to do! I didnt know how to go about deleting the other post. Again Im sorry about that I didnt mean to be greedy, its just hard to concentrate and type while taking care of two sick boys today, just taking its toll on me.
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:11 am

Its okay. I was making you aware for the future so you wouldnt get a warning or anything.

SageWanderer

Unread post by SageWanderer » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:38 pm

I know Hoodoo doesn't incorporate astrology (at least to my knowledge); however, I was wondering if using a separate astrological or even synastry charts in a honey jar would work if other forms of personal concerns (other than a photo) aren't readily available?

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”