Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:45 pm

You dont need to get a new mojo bag. SImply get another red candle for the remainder of the 4 days. It seems that your candle burned down quickly which means that your mojo bag is definitely gaining some strength, and working well for you. In addition, this may mean that your petition, or goal may be answered soon than expected rather than later. But I would get a red candle, and prepare it just like you did the previous candle, and burn it for the rest of the 4 days. You should be fine, but you can get a follow up reading for 10 minutes once you finsh the 21 days to check up on your work.

And the fact that you signed "desparate wendy" well that shows you are not confident about your work. That just communicates to the universe that you dont believe and may be taking away from your own work. I would sign just "wendy" or how about "Confident wendy"

Good luck to you
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

wendy

Unread post by wendy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:07 pm

Thank you so much for your answer starsinthesky. I did regret after that I signed "desparate wendy", I just panick as I didn't expect the candle to burn down so suddenly and I was shocked as It did look awfull. But I do believe that the mojo hand does work. Yesterday I surprisely recieve a message of the person that I'm doing the work for. He was asking where I was and if I did abandoned him and when I'm comming back home as he miss me. So you might be right that the mojo bag was just gaining some strenght and working well and my petition answered.
Ok I will finish the remaining days by preparing another red candle with the rest of the pins.
Thanks so much again.

Wendy

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:13 pm

I am burning an attraction candle to attract wealthy customers to my website. Before I lit the candle, I scraped out a little wax because I had trimmed the wick too low before lighting. I had gotten a bit of wax on the top portion of the candle, which did little more than melt and adhere to the inside of the glass. Well after burning for a day or 2 I looked at the top of the glass and noticed that the same melted wax had actually solidified into an image! This image looked like a person kneeling on both knees (like sitting on the feet). I could see the shoe too! Looked like moccasins or some similar flat shoe.There was what looked like to me, under the figure, a small puddle of wax onto which the "wax person was sitting on". It looked like land (but may have been water). Great but this is where the coolness comes in!

Well yesterday, I had to pour a bit of wax out because the flame still wasn't burning high like I wanted. When I poured, I poured it out covering the kneeling wax figure. Well last night when I went to check on the candle, the wax that had covered the wax figure had melted but the wax figure was still there....but had changed!!

Now the wax figure looked like this: still kneeling but now you could clearly see an outstretched right arm and a cupped shape at the end (a hand). Out of the hand was a downward curved line, at the end of the ark was a clear space then 2 small dots, and below the two small dots was 1 larger hole. There were two holes in the land NOW that the wax figure was kneeling on. SO this image appeared to now have grown an arm and is dropping two seeds into a hole as to plant something! Well then I looked at where the head would be and I was AMAZED...I had to stare at it and look again and again to make sure I wasn't seeing things!

NOW....Right where the face would be, there was a small figure of a HORSES HEAD!! It was so clear. Head turned slight to the left. The eye was so detailed...almond shaped perfectly shaped and a pupil and iris!!!!! Even could see part of the right eye (since head was slightly turned) and that was just as detailed and clear!

These are ALL GREAT signs for me!!FINALLY...yay!! I am still completely BLOWN away! I have never seen anything like that before. But a lot of strange things have happened this week (walking spirits and animal stuff).

I really wanted to share this just to let all the board readers know what amazing power is out there and allow them to share in my uplifting experience.

Many blessings to you all!
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

stefanie3542

Unread post by stefanie3542 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:54 am

Hello,

I am a new beginner at lucky mojo, I was so happy when I receive the items, I know I life will be change today!! ^^

1) I am selling dolls. I got a Prosperity and Better Business Vigil Candle, can I burn it without herbs and oil?

2) I also got Money Drawing Vigil Candle and oil, which one shoud I burn is better?

3) I know Lucky Mojo have a lot books can order, which one is best for beginners?

I know maybe my question is so stupid, I am sorry to bother you.

Thank you!

Bananas+

Unread post by Bananas+ » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:00 pm

I have a triple strength love drawing hand. I placed the 21 pins and toward the end of the 21 days (within the last four days or so), the wax had accumulated on the side of the pins to such a degree that the flame would cause the center of the candle to melt, but the dry wax would hold to the pins. So the wick would burn down and the pins would hold to the dry part at an angle, and sometimes fall into the center of the candle rather than fall out off of the candle completely. I don't know if I'm explaining this in a way that makes any sense.

I'm pretty sure that the reason the wax melted the way it did was because I keep the overhead fan on in my room and it just happens to melt the way the air blows it.

Can someone tell me what any of this means?

Bananas+

Unread post by Bananas+ » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:01 pm

Also, I went to toss the remaining wax and discovered a portion of the wax still in my purse when I got home. What should I do with this last bit of wax?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:37 am

Stephanie,

1) Our candles come already dressed with oil. You do not need to add more oil.

2) Burn first one and then the other.

3) Order "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic."
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:57 am

@ bananas...ritually dispose of the left over wax in your purse. You dont have to dispose of it in the same place, but use the same method.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:13 pm

When interpretation candle burns, it is important to consider the environmental conditions such as 'the direction the fan was blowing' could be the reason for the melting, alternatively read cats' online divination pages...found here Candle Divination Signs

Note, I have merged this post with the Candle Divination pages.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:07 pm

BestofLife: That was a wonderful testimonial to read! Thank you for sharing with us! Good luck!

-Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Bananas+

Unread post by Bananas+ » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:24 pm

jwmcclin wrote:When interpretation candle burns, it is important to consider the environmental conditions such as 'the direction the fan was blowing' could be the reason for the melting, alternatively read cats' online divination pages...found here Candle Divination Signs

Note, I have merged this post with the Candle Divination pages.
Should I do the process over again, this time without the fan blowing? :?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Well yes since you want to get a more accurate divination from the candle. I would definitely do it again without the fan blowing.

stefanie3542

Unread post by stefanie3542 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:38 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:Stephanie,

1) Our candles come already dressed with oil. You do not need to add more oil.

2) Burn first one and then the other.

3) Order "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic."
Thank you for your replay...=)

Bananas+

Unread post by Bananas+ » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:49 pm

starsinthesky7 wrote:Well yes since you want to get a more accurate divination from the candle. I would definitely do it again without the fan blowing.
Excellent, I can do that no problem. Thank you all so much for your help. =)

barat

Unread post by barat » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:57 am

What do you think is the meaning if a candle keeps turning off? I lighted 3 candles and everytime I light one it dies.I bought the candle from 2 different stores so I dont think its the quality of the wick.Please enlighten me.

Trust12
Newly Registered

Unread post by Trust12 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:36 am

I just had a Come To Me Candle set on the alter at the church to have my ex boyfriend come back to me. I received my report and was told that it burned very well. It was a clear burn, no wax at the base, no stuck herbs left behind, and no haze at the top either. This as I was told was a very positive reslut, as psoitive as I could get and that the foundation of my work was strong. I am very excited.

My question now is , how long does it take to start seeing results from this? Is there another candle that I should be lighting after this to keep everything moving in a positive direction?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:13 am

Hi --

Although you posted your question in the Ritual Candles and Lamps area of the forum, and it has been rolled into the general thread on divination, because you described the candle glasss divination you received from the deacons at Missionary Independent Spiritual Church, your question is actually about signs, movement, and completion of a spell, because in this case the candle burning was employed in spell-catsing, rather than as a devotionary candle or an offertory candle. Therefoe, you should look for a reply to your query in the very long forum thread titled "Signs / Movemet / Completion of Spells: Questions and Answers," which is here:

signs-movement-completion-of-spells-que ... t6436.html

Your question, which is a fairly common one (and rightly so!), has been answered there, i believe, but if you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask in that thread.

Good lcuk!
catherine yronwode

TruthSeeker333

Unread post by TruthSeeker333 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:33 am

I apologize if there is a post on this topic already. Perhaps I did not use the right search terms. Anyhow, I have a question. I spoke with a spiritual healer who referred to some negative energy inside of my house. I confirmed that I, too, felt there was something negative in that particular room. She indicated she couldn't say exactly what happened to the person, but someone was pushed out of the window in anger. The window is not particularly high up from the ground so I'm not certain if the person was severely hurt, but in any regard, that room feels negative to me. I had burnt sage numerous times, but she says I need something stronger which is why the negative energy still persists. I'm very new to this work and she she told me to sage, burn a plain white candle, and leave the door closed for 3 days.

Today is day 3 and I opened the door to find that the candle still has about 25% left to burn. What's concerning to me is that there is a ring of wax starting halfway down the candle. The top half of the class is clear, but the bottom half has a waxy residue.

I placed the candle in the window sill and it's pretty cold outside anyways, I don't know if the cold temperature and the candle placement on the windowsill could have an affect on the way its burning. OR if this is a sign the work isn't taking well? What would you think that wax residue means?

Also, should I leave the door closed until the candle burns completely to the bottom?

Thanks for your help.
Peace & Blissings

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:48 pm

There is a lot of discussion on candle devinatin here How to read divination signs from Candle Burning

emu81684

Unread post by emu81684 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:54 am

Hello. I've read the candle divination link and though helpful, I'm not sure how to read the candle I just burned. Here's what happened. I was burning a white candle, inscribed and dusted, on top of my honey jar with two helper candles since it's long distance and a picture of me and my target together leaned up against the jar (the incense was already burned out). Well it was coming time to the end so I sat and waited, praying and thinking about what I wanted and my candle was done. The wax was gone and there was nothing left to do but wait for the wick to finish burning before I was done for the night. Well, the wick had different plans. It burned on its own for a while from the residual wax on the lid, something that happens every once and a while, but after a while, it flared up for a second and split into two. It wasn't the top of knotting or anything like that, it was just splitting so one flame burned right next to the other, neither of them touching. After about two minutes, the flames slowly (and I mean slowly. I've never seen a flame move this slow before) combined into one with two heads before becoming one entirely and less than a minute later snuffed itself out. My question is, does anyone really know how to interpret that? I've never seen it do something like that. Please, any advice or comments would help. Thanks to all!

JCPA72

Unread post by JCPA72 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:55 pm

I have 2 vigil candles burning on my altar - started them on Saturday morning.
Last night the candles were jumping, with a high flame - like they were really rocking - the night before they were more quiet and calm - but strong and bright flame. Also last night - I didn't sleep well - tossing and turning - much like the candle flames. They kept waking me up- Yes I normally keep my vigil candles in my bedroom - because I have restless cats - anyway - today when I got home - one candle is still rocking and the top turned black :o
The other candle is jumpy too - but hasn't turned black.

My gut feeling is that someone is throwing something my way - not sure who - but I have an idea. Also I noticed that the last few days at work I've had a few problems, after starting off really well - I started the new job (after alot of prayer and work) in late December. I went to work today and totally cleanse my work space and blessed it as well as protection.

So I guess my "question" - is do you think I'm reading the candles right?

FYI the candles are dressed, but very lightly - with oil and one herb in each candle. So I don't think it's that I over did it with dressings.
One candle is for protection, one is for success at work.

Thanks in advance!
My most gracious thanks to La Caridad Del Cobre, St. Martha, St. Michael, and La Virgen de La Regla

Pink kisses

Unread post by Pink kisses » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:30 pm

I've read the candle divination page, but I feel like for my question, the answers there don't help. (it was about relationship man/woman candles)

I lit 3 candles, well 1 is still lit. I haven't ordered the candle holders, but I did buy a glass case for tea lights.
I burned a purple candle anointed with 'I can you can't'; I also burned 2 white candles, 1 anointed with steady work, crown of success, and fast luck. The other with fast luck & crown of success. I put the 2 white candles together in the glass (maybe that was my mistake)
Anyway, the 2 white candles had 'tears', and the candles were out within about 45-50 minutes. After about 20 minutes approx 75% was 'melted'.
What does that mean??? The candle going so quickly kind of makes me think I'll be able to get the job quickly, but does it also mean I'll lose it quickly?, or that it won't be permanent?

In the wax that remains, it's just a puddle, no shapes or images.

Luna

Unread post by Luna » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:39 am

Last night I was burning a candle with courage and roadopener oil for my target. I pray for the target to overcome his fear and problems. I let the candle burn all night. And then I dreamed about my target.
In my dreams I saw him on TV. He was talking about his new project, and he had placed a picture of me on his website!
It was very powerful and real. It feels like a sign. :) Dont you think?

Luna

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:16 am

@ Luna Yes thats a sign, but remember signs are subjective and personal.
@pink kisses... Since you used fast luck...then your work should manifest quickly. I would keep a vigil light lit for fast luck and crown of success to keep heat on the situation until things fully manifested.

WillaBacchus

Unread post by WillaBacchus » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:20 am

Hello All,
Last week I inscribed and annointed two different candles, nothing fancy, just one red for St. Expedite and one green for abundance and lit them. The first day both burned with a clam but steady flame, but nothing outstanding. I said a prayer of thanks and asked that they continue their magic as I extinguished their flames that night. I lit them again the following day, but before I did that, I placed my crystal point towards the picture of St. Expedite and then walked away, leaving them to do their work. At some point later in the day, I felt I needed to go check on them and when I did- WOW! The red St. Expedite candle was going absolutely crazy! The flame was dancing all around and the wax had broken within the candle, leaving the wax to pour out all over the candle, table, and onto the floor. The green candle, however, was just as calm as could be. The flame was calm and steady- a severe contrast against the red candle which was so different. I took this as a sign that my prayers are being worked on and my wish would come true.

Thoughts? Advice?

Many blessings and many thanks!

Bananas+

Unread post by Bananas+ » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:05 pm

Is there any way to post a pic of a candle to get some guidance on what it could mean?

AngelicD
HRCC Student

Unread post by AngelicD » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:09 pm

Hello to all.

Well, I have been burning and petitioning St. Expedite for the past few days. The candle is from LM and when I lit the candle, it burned quite well. The flame was strong and steady. Sometime during the evening, I noticed that the flame was very tall and almost dancing and there was lots of popping going on. I was taught and have read that the popping meant spirit(s) were communicating and I would need to listen, which I did, but am not very good at divination yet.

Well, the next morning, when I check the candle before I left to work, the glass was clean with only the herbs and glitter on the sides, but when I return home that evening there was a sooty residue about an inch from the lip of the glass. I observed if there was any knotting on the wick, but didn't see any. Needless to say, I already knew that there was some opposition to my petiton.

As of today, the candle is still burning steadily, with the occasional pop and flaring of the flame. Can anyone give me some insight, maybe, into what they think about my candle burning.

Many thanks,

Dalma

Twenty-One

Unread post by Twenty-One » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:28 am

I'm working on a Follow me Boy spell and am having a problem getting the pins to drop. Because I'm not currently living in the US, I had to use a local red candle made from vegetable wax. For the most part the candle is burning evenly, but one side is leaving a shell of hard wax which either drops off whole or falls into the candle later. The first pin dropped normally, the second clung to the side of the candle and has wax flowing around it, but the third and forth and remaining in a narrow piece of wax that is not melting at the same speed of the rest of the candle.
Should I stop working on the mojo bag and spell? Should I wait to see if the wax falls off with the candles? Should I pick off the pin which is clinging to the candle in the hopes that it will allow the candle to burn more normally? Is this a sign?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:42 am

"Dropping" need not mean falling to the table-top. It can mean hanging downward -- more of a "droop" than a "drop," but valid nonetheless.
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:36 pm

I haven't had to deal with this problem yet, but I'm sure it will come up in my works. Thank you for shedding light on your situation Twenty-One, and thank you Cat for your input on this. Much appreciated.

-Joseph M
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

LilCassandra

Unread post by LilCassandra » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:15 pm

I was using a tall, thin pillar candle to retry the spell I last screwed up. It was burning just fine for the longest time. Then, near the end, I start seeing a lot of wax come out and now the wick is not center like it used to be, it's off to one side, which of course means one side of the candle is disposing no wax while the half getting all the heat of the flame is melting like crazy. Is this something that happens to candles or is it a sign?

TruthSeeker333

Unread post by TruthSeeker333 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:55 am

I'm not certain what the candle wick moving means. Did you snuff it out at any point and relight it?

The Candle Divination page on LM has been a wealth of knowledge for myself. Try looking here to see if you can find any answers to your questions about candle burning: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
Peace & Blissings

LilCassandra

Unread post by LilCassandra » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:03 am

Never snuffed it out. It burned through. It's just at some point the wick went from the center to the far right side, and that's when I started having wax issues, so I don't know if I can properly interpret the leftover wax as obstacles since it was a technical candle problem.

I already looked there. I know how to interpret the candle normally, I just don't know if I CAN interpret with this candle.

Littlestar

Unread post by Littlestar » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:21 pm

I have a question I made a peaceful healing honey jar for my boyfriend and myself. I have burnt blue candles twice ontop and both times 99% of the wax has spilled all down the left side. The lid is pretty wide today I had stuck the candle closest to rt hand side of lid not on purpose - all still the wax melted all towards left side of jar. I used stay with me. And tranquility oil. Also the first time it burned the residue wax looked like 2 horses heads racing leg on bottom of heads today looks like a waterfall. Can anyone help interpet? I used rose petals, camphor square ,sage , rue, althae ,balm of gilead buds ,pennyroyal, basil

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:09 pm

I have moved your question to the Candle Divination section. Read cat divination pages and see if something sticks out relative to your question.

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

ladydawn

Unread post by ladydawn » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:50 pm

what's your interpretation of a jumping and flickering flame? I've read different things, such as the target knows they are being worked on and is resisting, but I've also read that it means the target is being greatly affected by the work. In terms of love work, how would you interpret a strong flickering flame?

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:09 am

LilCassandra,

EVERYTHING that happens to a candle is a factor in divining from the wax, whether it happens in the factory during manufacture or the cat jumping up on your altar and knocking it over.

I pour my own candles on occasion, and I have noticed that, no matter how careful I am in setting the wick, the shrinkage of the wax as it cools can pull it off-center.

If a vigil light burn ended clean and clear, with little or no smoke on the glass, or if the wax remains from a pillar, jumbo, offertory, chime, figural, or taper leaves lucky shapes, such as hearts or coins, you're probably in good shape.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:25 am

Thanks, Miss Michaele, for that insight.

LilCassandra, i can only add that since you are writing about a free-standing pillar candle, then what you describe seems to be something akin to what i was taught to call "tears" (as in crying) -- that is, runlets of wax form down one side of a free-standing candle. When a candle leaves tears, it means someone will cry. Here is a picture of a free-standing offertory candle with tears.

Thia image appears -- with an explanation of tears and other signs -- on the ever-helpful Association of Readers and Rootworkers (AIRR) page on "Candle Reading" at
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... le_Reading

Incidently, LilCassandra, Miss Michaele and i are members of AIRR, and over the years we have burned, and made divinations from, literally thousands of candles for our clients. :-)
catherine yronwode

rae2k
Newly Registered

Unread post by rae2k » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi I am doing some candle work. One success candle and other candle is road opener. They are both for positive outcome work. However, the road opener burned with sooty mess at the top, the success burned nice and clear so I am a little confused. Any ideas/suggestions? :?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Without having seen the candles, I would guess that it is indicating that you stand a good chance at eventually being successful in your petition. But there are still some major delays &/or obstacles for you to overcome first.

You would need a reading for more exact interpretations.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

StaticSea

Unread post by StaticSea » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:32 pm

I'm burning a van van candle next to a come to me candle and I noticed that the van van candle looks like it's "crying". I'm don't mean to look too much into it however does this mean that someone's going to cry over this? (The come to me candle is burning in a glass jar and it's a clean, btw).

Am I reading too much into this?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:02 pm

Your post is unclear. Is the Van van candle a free-standing candle dressed with Van Van Oil? If so, what is its specific purpose?
catherine yronwode

rhiannonwales

Unread post by rhiannonwales » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:00 pm

SO I got my LM order on Friday, and one of the items was a vigil candle fixed for fast money/luck. Lit it Friday afternoon, and got some pretty strong signs and movement already. That night, when I went to work ( I work in retail) someone paid with a $2 dollar bill. Later that night I found a mercury dime. I exchanged both out and brought them home, and cleansed them.

Saturday, I was offered 6 mystery shopper jobs. This is something i've done off and on for years with a very few on the level companies. Usually I get 1 or 2 a month. By doing all 6 I made $50 on Saturday, and I have another for Monday!

The thing is, the candle is burning SO FAST. Its already 2/3s of the way burned, and its only been 48 hrs. I know fast burns can indicate that the spell is working but may not last. But in a fast money candle isn't that the point anyway? Should I order another to keep things rolling? I have a LM honey jar that I will be starting on Monday, but thats more a slow thing and could take a long time to manifest. I'm thinking of putting the mercury dime in my honey jar to tie the two spells together.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:31 pm

A honey jar for money is a great idea to keep the work going.

Fast Luck is great for quick bursts like this, follow it up by Steady Work or Money Drawing or Wealthy Way.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

StaticSea

Unread post by StaticSea » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:38 am

Ohhh!!! I apologize if I was unclear!

Yes,both candles are free standing and I have dressed them both with van van oil. I'm burning these candles to bring a new relationship into the picture.
(My petition is under the bowl and I used the same oil on it.)

StaticSea

Unread post by StaticSea » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:42 am

ACK! Let me clarify...

The van van is free standing, the come to me is in a glass container...however they are both next to each other in the bowl.

LilCassandra

Unread post by LilCassandra » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:28 pm

I'm currently working on a moving figure candle love spell for me and this man that ended his relationship with me. This is night 3 of the spell. On night 2, there were definitely some tears dripping off his candle and some off mine, both wax puddles being towards one another. Today, almost nothing dripped off my candle, but his was literally streaming down and all directed at me. His candle is burning a bit faster than mine and we also had twin flames for some time. It's like the center of his figure candle is burning, splitting the figure itself in half as is burns, and his flame is much higher than mine. I know I should also interpret when complete, but I'm curious as to what people think this means? i usually think of wax as obstacles but maybe not in a love spell?

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:19 pm

Weird one came up tonight:

I lit a candle with Special Oil #20 and Fast Luck (this was a prayer for help with money), set it in a special candlestick I keep, and it burned steadily and without flicker until it was all out, which burnt about four hours. Now at the bottom of the candlestick is the flame, still burning, very small and steady. It's just using the last of the wax up.

Am I correct in thinking this is a positive sign? It feels to me like it's telling me it'll "keep the lights on" through a tough patch I'm going through. It feels positive to me, or at least hopeful.

UPDATE: Now it's back up to full flame again! Maybe it wasn't a good sign after all. It was down to the teeny flame for about an hour long after I had thought the candle was done.
HRCC Student #2174G

sunstallion

Unread post by sunstallion » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:44 pm

This happens to me a lot. The flame stops itself in the middle of the candle while it is burning because the wick is too short. But does it tell me something ? like a sign or a message from the Universe to tell me something ?

And what I do to keep it burning is I put one or two matches vertically right besides the wick, and start the fire to burn again.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:49 pm

Hi Sunstallion,

I'd start by checking if the physical compenents of your candle-burning are OK:

1) are you using good quality candles such as those supplied by LM? Lower quality wax mixes may burn kinda strangely (talking from xp here...) or alternatively, poor grade wicking may not behave very nicely when it comes to burning down (more xp :roll: )

2) are your candles in a drafty location that can affect burn rate, direction and consistency?

If you've already checked all of this and it still keeps happening, look at when it occurs. Does it always occur when you're doing the same kind of work? Once you "crutch" your wick, does the rest of the burn down go well? After having answered those last questions if the analysis has come down this far in the list, then maybe the Universe may have something to say about it all.

At that point, I'd consider getting a reading with an AIRR member (http://www.readersandrootworkers.org) to assess what's going on and how best to adress it.

Blessings and best of luck
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

OyaNY
Newly Registered

Unread post by OyaNY » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:55 pm

So Im working on a reconciliation spell. I'm using 4'' candles since I cant burn a 7 day Chuparossa candle non-stop since I live with my mom and yea we all know how that story goes. Now I'm keeping an open mind but the past 3x i have done this burning the candles will start out with super strong, tall steady burning flames and burning cleanly (no wax drippage down the sides) all burn out at that same exact point. There is always about .5 to .75 inches of wax left over (like a small stump essentially always below an inch). I would try to re-light it but it wont light up. Now my questions are:

1- is this normal for 4'' candles?
2- If not is it because the candle maybe poorly made?
3- or is it because there is some random surge of resistance by my ex?
4 - could it be because the wax might be drowning the wick?

Like I said I'm not going to automatically think its a "bad sign". I would just like some perspective, because if need be Id rather go with my original instincts and do the chuparossa candle and just place it some where my mom would never look. (My mom does candle work too but I know she wouldn't be too keen on me doing it without her input, but I know she's not one for reconciliation or love work) :?:

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:22 am

OyaNY wrote:So Im working on a reconciliation spell. I'm using 4'' candles since I cant burn a 7 day Chuparossa candle non-stop since I live with my mom and yea we all know how that story goes. Now I'm keeping an open mind but the past 3x i have done this burning the candles will start out with super strong, tall steady burning flames and burning cleanly (no wax drippage down the sides) all burn out at that same exact point. There is always about ..5 to .75 inches of wax left over (like a small stump essentially always below an inch). I would try to re-light it but it wont light up. Now my questions are:

1- is this normal for 4'' candles?
2- If not is it because the candle maybe poorly made?
3- or is it because there is some random surge of resistance by my ex?
4 - could it be because the wax might be drowning the wick?

Like I said I'm not going to automatically think its a "bad sign". I would just like some perspective, because if need be Id rather go with my original instincts and do the chuparossa candle and just place it some where my mom would never look. (My mom does candle work too but I know she wouldn't be too keen on me doing it without her input, but I know she's not one for reconciliation or love work) :?:
1- No its not at all normal.

2- Maybe one or two are a bit off but all of them are doing it? No its not the candles its a sign.

3- I wouldn't say random, he or someone else is fighting you on this one, or you are simply not meant to have this man and the work will never work.

4- Maybe, are they drowning in wax? If so, fix it, pour the wax out, but that doesn't really happen often with free standing candles.
OyaNY wrote:Like I said I'm not going to automatically think its a "bad sign".
Um, maybe you should, that's a pretty negative sign.
HRCC Student #1559

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:32 am

If the candles aren't bad then the candles leaving that much wax behind indicates that your work is not over yet. That you have more work to do and there are some serious obstacles in your way.

My suggestion would be to do a nice cleansing bath of yourself and the area, take a reconciliation bath while calling out to your lover then repeat the candle and see how it goes.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

michaeldavis
HRCC Student

Unread post by michaeldavis » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:08 pm

An interesting result in burning a freestanding candle as part of a jar spell:

The center of the candle burned down leaving the outsides standing and then exploded out from the bottom, sending wax off the altar. I was in the room while this happened and watched 4-5 inch "tears" (not exaggerating here) freeze down over the bottle, over the metal plate and then over the edge of the altar. It was an amazing sight. Then the sides melted down into a puddle of wax. Given the nature of my work (influence), I consider this actually a positive sign. The outside of the jar has tears of wax that make it look like the skeletal fingers of a hand gripping the glass. There was a LOT of energy around that candle. :shock:
Aligned with the highest Good, all works are Crowned with Success.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:36 am

Well Barat, by your saying that you bought the candles from 2 different stores, I have to assume that at least one of your sources was not Lucky Mojo. This forum is for the discussion of Lucky Mojo products and services, and how they can be used in traditional hoodoo, rootwork, and conjure. Discussion of products from other sources and shops is off-topic and against this forum's terms of service. So we cannot comment on any candles or products bought from other retailers - we don't know how they were made, or what went into them like we're able to when we're speaking of Lucky Mojo products, so it's pointless to try to guess at what might be happening.

For example: Is there a strong draft where you are working? Are the wicks damp or otherwise unsuitable? Have you used too much oil or other dressing on the candle that is keeping it from burning properly? Have the wicks been improperly trimmed?

There are a million different mundane reasons as to why the candles may be going out repeatedly - but we have no way of knowing which of those it could be.

Perhaps it is a spiritual sign, such as your petition is facing huge resistance, or your target to well protected, or a thousand different other reasons - but again, we have no way of knowing which of those it could be.

You may wish to purchase your candles through Lucky Mojo to ensure that you are receiving a high quality product: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html

I would advise you to get a reading with a professional rootworker on the matter so that it can be determined what is going on with your work. That way you'll know what's going on with your case, and how best you can remedy it. You can find a list of skilled workers at http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

Now please stop discussing non-Lucky Mojo products; it is against forum policy. Thanks.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:26 pm

I just burned a Kiss Me Now candle that burned completely clean in it's entirety. The glass looks brand new. The candle took eight days to burn. Before it burned out, there were three different flames. Has that ever happened to anyone before? What could that mean?
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

michaeldavis
HRCC Student

Unread post by michaeldavis » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:15 am

maduro01 wrote:I just burned a Kiss Me Now candle that burned completely clean in it's entirety. The glass looks brand new. The candle took eight days to burn. Before it burned out, there were three different flames. Has that ever happened to anyone before? What could that mean?
Maduro01,

I've had that and all kinds of other candle phenomena happen while burning spiritual candles. Check out the candle section of Hoodoo in Theory and Practice here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#history. That said, I find that no one can really accurately interpret my candle signs better than I can. It's like asking someone to interpret your dreams. Someone can suggest meanings, but you will always be the best interpreter of the language of your subconscious.

By analogy, the signs left in the wax of a candle will always take meaning relative to the working at hand and the subjective synthesis you've created between the work and yourself. Material components (wax, powders, oils, philters, ritual tools, statuary, herbs, washes, etc.) plus thought forms, intentions, invocations, psalms, and all else (timing, physical circumstances, state of mind) can inform the divinatory significance of multiple flames, "tears," images in the wax, flame movement, volume of smoke, knots, random cracks, explosions, what have you. When I see something like this, I take my work into account and then ask myself what the sign means in terms of that.

MD
Aligned with the highest Good, all works are Crowned with Success.

hippichic
Newly Registered

Unread post by hippichic » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:48 pm

I'm a total novice. I lit a Health votive candle last night and quite soon after, the side cracked open and all the wax poured out. Leaving the wick melted into the bottom. Does that mean anything? I also have a prosperity candle that had a slow, steady burn. I was out of work for a year and a half because I was ill, now I'm finally working again. Any other suggestions? Thank you

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:23 am

I searched and have looked at this candle repeatedly and can't figure out what it may mean. I am doing a reconciliation/love spell burning 3 free standing pink candles which are set around a picture. The candles are formed in an upside down triangle with two at top and one at bottom. The two at the top are positioned next to each persons picture: mine and his and the bottom one is on top of my petition. Well the candle positioned next to mine is burning the quickest and is melting into a huge "lip". Just imagine pulling out your bottom lip. This lip is only on one side of the candle and is hanging over my image. His candle is bulging out at the top like a doughnut all the way around and burning the 2nd fastest. From the looks of it..his may melt over into a lip too.

The candle with the petition is burning normal so far but is the slowest of the three. I AM JUST STUMPED BY THE LIP THING. Weird.
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:40 am

Well its seems you are falling for him quicker than he is fall for you. And obviously the work is working quicker on you than it is on him. Perhaps the lip means you want to kiss and make up but it will take him some time, but he will eventually come around given that he may melt over into a lip too, and that his is burning slightly slower than yours.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”