Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Anyone work with St Philomena for Mental Illness?

All about Lucky Mojo religious supplies, church goods, and altar tools, plus prayers to God, angels, spirits, saints, and deities.
BellaMars
Anyone work with St Philomena for Mental Illness?

Unread post by BellaMars » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:48 am

I came across another Saint (other than Dymphna) that is prayed to for those that have a mental illness, Saint Philomena. Has anyone worked with her? Is she not popular in hoodoo? She sounds like a wonderful, kind saint that gets the job done. It is said she is powerful with God so she is good to have on our side and on our altars. I would like to know if Cat's teachings in the hoodoo course might touch upon this possible overlooked Saint? She almost sounds like a female counterpart of St Jude. I have some LM All Saints Oil that I was thinking to use on a candle for her. Would love to know if LM has a dressed and annointed candle for her?

Here is some research I found about her:
St Philomena the Wonderworker: As her name suggests Philomena is a wonderworker, her miracles and work stem from minor problems to major troubles. She does not judge or discriminate she simply gets the job done. She is incredibly kind and so wonderfully sweet and effective. Her Day of the week is Saturday and her candle is pink or green. She is also prayed to for preists and their work, conversion of wrong doers, expectant mothers, problems with children, destitute mothers, unhappiness in the home, sterility, the sick and mental illness. She is Patroness of desperate situations and powerful with God.

I cant find anything on Lucky Mojo and would love to know if they have a candle or information on her, I cant get the search on the LM site to work for me.
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Anyone work with St Philomena for Mental Illness?

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:12 am

Miss Cat's teachings do not really go into saint work, since hoodoo is predominantly Protestant Christian. The introduction and growing popularity of saint with within conjure comes mostly from the modern incorporations of Latin American folk traditions, which are of course heavily Catholic, and from pockets of the US where Catholicism mixed with folkways - such as in New Orleans. Also, separate religious traditions, such as Santeria and Vodou, which use saints, have become mixed in with Christian hoodoo practice in some areas, which has further led to the abundance of saint work that is seen within conjure. However, Miss Cat is teaching the older traditional Protestant conjure in her course. Obviously she is open to saint work, and LM carries a fine line of products for it! But it is not the focus of her class.

I wouldn't call St. Philomena an overlooked saint, though - she is quite popular in Latin American folkways, and also in several of the African diaspora traditions that incorporate Catholic saints.

There are many AIRR workers who do saint work and offer magical coaching, so you may wish to explore hiring one of them to help guide you in the work if you so wish!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

BellaMars

Unread post by BellaMars » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:48 pm

Oh that would be wonderful, If any are reading this and work specifically with this Saint I would love it if they contact me. Thank you so much!
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:09 pm

You are probably better off visiting the AIRR site, looking up who does saint work and offers magical coaching and then contacting them directly with your inquiry.

http://www.readersandrootworker.org

In the meantime, you can most certainly use LM All Saints oil with any petitions you wish to make to St. Philomena. Just find a prayer via Google for her that you resonate with, and then pray that along with your requests from the heart. White candles are good for pretty much any saint, especially if you do not know what color may be specifically linked with them.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Religious Goods and Altar Tools in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure”