Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
snake

Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by snake » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:28 am

I guess I should probably mention that the spell I was doing was break up or inflammatory confusion or something similar. I can't quite remember but it was not a nice spell.

Confused

Unread post by Confused » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:35 pm

I apologize, Mary. I didn't know you didn't sell that particular candle. I was going to start ordering from your company b/c I just ran across your site and I like what I see, even though I haven't placed one yet. I was hoping there was a general rule of thumb for that type of result.

happilydysphoric

Unread post by happilydysphoric » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:09 pm

I know the flame interpretation topic has been beaten to death already, but I don't remember seeing anything about this on the forum or in HITAP.

I am burning a series of pink taper candles for reconciliation and at least once a day these tiny sparks come off of the top of the flame. You could hardly even call them sparks, they're more like specks of light. Anyway, what do y'all think of this? Is it just normal and totally insignificant and maybe I've missed it on other candles?

213_2

Unread post by 213_2 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:28 pm

When I see these little embers I always interpret that as the extra pop of energy I put into the candle when I prayed over it/charged it before I lit it. I see it as a good thing. More energy out there doing your bidding.

theborisfish

Unread post by theborisfish » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:51 am

I've been burning candles for a love spell, and while I generally had very clean burns, on 2 consecutive nights, the candles burned very quickly and left lovely great piles of wax. The first night it was a quite graphically phallic pile of wax, the night after that, graphically vaginal. So now I have these two wonderful artifacts that seem to be asking me to do something with them more than just a ritual disposal. I'm really not sure how best to proceed, however. Coupling them coitally seems the obvious thing to do, but shall I bury them that way, or dress them and keep them about? The more ideas anyone more experienced than I might deign to offer the better; ideally I'd like to have a few ideas tossed my way and see what jumps out at me.

Thanks.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Fri May 01, 2009 10:13 am

You have several options with left over wax like you are describing.
You can join the two pieces together, tie them up in a red cloth, sprinkle a love formula sachet powder on them, and then bury them in your backyard which is appropriate for fidelity.
You can keep the wax and re-use it to make another love candle.
You can place the wax along with two lodestones, personal concerns, and love-bringing roots and herbs and put them in a bowl under your bed.

Those are just some possibilities :-)

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

daviscol

Unread post by daviscol » Fri May 01, 2009 10:46 am

I got two perfect hearts the last time I burned a candle on my honey jar...can i put one in my mojo?

theborisfish

Unread post by theborisfish » Fri May 01, 2009 2:53 pm

Thanks Bri, for the input. The first thing that crossed my mind to do with the wax is to dig a hole in my backyard, putting the female wax in there, and then driving the male wax down through it into the dirt, then filling in the hole. Would there be any reason for me not to want to do this? I'm not real experienced with this sort of thing, so I'm leery of following through with any half-baked notions.

Thanks!

BrownButter

Unread post by BrownButter » Sat May 02, 2009 4:48 pm

It's stuck in the candle holder since it was an encassed glass candle.

Just completed a black candle negative energy spell. There's a small amount of hard wax left. The wick is done though and it went out when it was finished. So how do I get the rest of the wax out? Should I? What do I do with the empty glass candle?

I just want to make sure I complete everything.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Unread post by J Simulcik » Sun May 03, 2009 8:47 am

I think it depends on the nature of the love work you are doing, i.e. coercive or nurturing and the genders involved. For coercive work, male-dominant, I think you have a good idea with "putting the female wax in there, and then driving the male wax down through it into the dirt". I would sprinkle some herb(s) or powder as well, but it's certainly not necessary. Perhaps some of whatever you've dressed the candles with, if anything. For coercive work, female-dominant, just reverse the order in which you are placing them in the hole. If the original spell is nurturing, then I would do as Bri suggested, "join the two pieces together, tie them up in a red cloth, sprinkle a love formula sachet powder on them, and then bury them in [the targets'] backyard".

Finally, as a friendly tip, selecting your gender on the control panel will display it to others when you post. Some things in hoodoo are gender-specific, such as seen in this question, and you will get better answers by providing such information. Of course, if you're doing the work for others, then knowing their gender(s) would be more helpful.
HRCC Student #1339

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun May 03, 2009 10:45 am

You can dig it out or try warming it up to melt it and then pouring it out, or you can designate this candle holder as your black candle holder and only use it for that kind of work.

take care,
Bri

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun May 03, 2009 11:09 am

Hi, theborisfish
You are welcome. I agree with J about the domination aspect of positioning the wax pieces versus a more equal approach. Also, just make sure that either yourself or your clients--whoever it is that you are doing the work for, wants fidelity and lasting in this relationship b/c that is what the backyard symbolizes.

good luck,
Bri

theborisfish

Unread post by theborisfish » Sun May 03, 2009 11:32 am

J Simulcik

Your advice is well taken, and basically confirms my hunch about it. Much appreciated. Perhaps I'll go with the red cloth, as I'm just nudging things along, and not trying to twist any arms.

Also, good point with the gender on the control panel. Done and done.

Thanks again, to you and to Bri.

Chris2

Unread post by Chris2 » Tue May 05, 2009 5:42 am

Hi I like to thank LM for setting lights for me..
Just have a question..
What does it means when ur light is foggie?

sunseer88

Unread post by sunseer88 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:32 pm

Ok so I've been doing this honey jar on someone I'm sweet on at work, and so far so good. I've been using red and pink candles where I carve his name on the candle and sayings like "come to me" "love me" etc. At first there was no residue.. the candle would burn completely down which I know means the candle is working. The last two burns there was some wax.. and to be honest the wax seemed to form two hearts facing each other, it was kind of weird. Does that mean the jar is weakining if its starting to leave residue when it wasn't before?

Also I like the sweetening effect..but.. we still haven't been physical.. I was thinking of using red candle exclusively for maybe the next 14 days to see if that would change anything, or maybe ordering the male/female "private part" Candles from LM and give that a try. I guess what I am trying to ask,, is there something I can add to the honey jar, or something else I should burn on it to "heat" things up between us physically?

Thanks.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri May 08, 2009 12:23 pm

I think the hearts are good signes. Iv heard people add ginger to heat up love spells or red pepper. you can also use an oil that addes more passion to the work, maybe mix a few oils together. I use kiss me now when i want to get a guy all hot for me, works really well :)
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri May 08, 2009 1:31 pm

I'm seconding j82 on this, the hearts sound like a great sign. I've had great luck with adding hot cinnamon and ginger candy to honey jars. You might want to think about anointing the candle with your sexual fluids if you want the person to think of you sexually. Someone, especially with a penis candle anoint them with their fluids in a very Rated R kind of way, if you catch my meaning. I have been told that it is very effective.

I would also recommend listening to the LuckyMojo Hoodoo Rootwork hour archives,particularly this episode : http://hoodoorootwork.blogspot.com/2006 ... y-and.html but they are all good.
HRCC Student #1559

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue May 12, 2009 12:50 pm

I was reading about the Honey Jar Spell from Lucky Mojo and it asks for a piece of hair from each person. My lover is bald...what to do? ask to pull his stray hairs from his eyebrows? ask to clip his nails? hmmm???? help....
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu May 14, 2009 6:03 pm

I just started my honey jar and wrote my name first and then his, everything else I did as written...I cant believe I did this. What should I do?

Second questions
Can I burn different candles on this jar, red for love, etc. etc. for an intended purpose?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu May 14, 2009 7:10 pm

jwmcclin wrote:I just started my honey jar and wrote my name first and then his, everything else I did as written...I cant believe I did this. What should I do?

Second questions
Can I burn different candles on this jar, red for love, etc. etc. for an intended purpose?
For your first question, I'm not sure what your asking, if you could clear that up a bit I'm sure we can help.

For your second question, yes that's the usual thing to do with a honey jar. Dress the candles with an oil like Love Me , Fires Of Love, Dixe Love, the actual formula depends on what you want and your own personal preferences.
HRCC Student #1559

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu May 14, 2009 7:24 pm

I wrote my name first 3 times than his name 3 times over my name. I have added our hairs, 2 rose petals and rolled paper towards me while saying out loud my petition. Than I remembered that I wrote my name first and his on top of my name.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu May 14, 2009 7:29 pm

jwmcclin wrote:I wrote my name first 3 times than his name 3 times over my name. I have added our hairs, 2 rose petals and rolled paper towards me while saying out loud my petition. Than I remembered that I wrote my name first and his on top of my name.
Oh, I see. Well take the paper out and remake it right and put it in the jar. You could leave it as is, won't ruin the spell, just give him the edge in the relationship. You seem really worried, calm down, even if you messed up a spell horribly, your doing a honey jar, it won't hurt anyone. We all make mistakes, move on and try to take a lesson from it. Here the lesson would probably be to take your time and double check to make sure you'v done things in a way that your happy with.
HRCC Student #1559

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu May 14, 2009 7:51 pm

Thanks Turnsteel. Since I had not burned the candle, I redid the papers... preparing for Friday. Thanks again. I was kinda worried and realized that it may give him the edge...

sunseer88

Unread post by sunseer88 » Fri May 15, 2009 5:08 am

Hi I've been working on a Honey Jar for two months now.. and it seems to be working. I started with red candles. Then used pink candles that I got from LM those were working well. Recently the wax residue left two hearts which I took as a good sign. I ran out of pink candles and started using red again.. because I wanted more passion. THe red candle burned for hours.. reigniting some of the left over parts on the jar.. I let it burn until it went out, but when it went out the former wax residue melted away (the two hearts) and now its back to leaving no residue during the burns..so

1) Does the melting away of the former wax residue represent anything?

2) What does it mean when the flame reignites some of the left over candle remains

3) Am I supposed to dipose of the left over remnants of the candle wick that remain on the top of the jar or just keep adding to it.

Thanks.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri May 15, 2009 12:35 pm

I started my honey jar this morning, 6-inch red candle, the wick is laying to the side and barely holding on with a very light flame. It is melting the wax on the side of the candle holder (which is brass by the way).

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 15, 2009 6:31 pm

This sound like the candle wax is running, creating "tars," not a good sign. Keep going with a series of candles and see what happens. Candle divination requires a photo. You can read more about the art of candle divination here:

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 15, 2009 6:53 pm

Whether or not a candle leaves a wax residue is a function of the diameter of the wick to the diameter of the wax on the brand of candle you buy. Fat wick and thin wax -- no residue. Thin wick and fat wax -- lots of residue. Don't worry about it. You can clean off spent wicks if you wish.

As i understand you, the wax hearts were pink for romance. Then you burned the hotter red (passion) candles and evaporated the hearts. Passion trumps romance. Try burning smaller red candles and perhaps your hearts will re-form in red. But don't get hung up on it. A honey jar is a long-time job of work and how it looks on any one day does not tell the whole story. Mine has gone through so many changes over the years that i no longer worry about it unless something really unusual happens.

SPL-HON-LOVE
Love, Romance, Friendship, Sexuality, Fertility Honey Spell
$20.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat May 16, 2009 3:58 am

Thank you Catherine. I cleaned the candle residue and now burning a white candle on it. Although your instructions suggest Monday, Wednesday and Friday burnings, I want to continue the work so I am burning a white candle anointed with stay with me and follow me boy. (until I get a pink candle or another red candle.)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat May 16, 2009 4:25 am

Can a picture of your lover be added under the honey jar after it has started?

Can the candle holder on top of the honey jar be changed after the spell has started?

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sat May 16, 2009 11:49 am

jwmcclin wrote:Can a picture of your lover be added under the honey jar after it has started?

Can the candle holder be changed after it has started?
Yes, you can add a picture to a honey jar. Candle holders can be changed, as well.

Good luck!

Mary

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat May 16, 2009 12:22 pm

Thank you Mary.

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sat May 16, 2009 12:43 pm

What do you mean by "foggie"? Do you mean smoky? If the is a vigil candle and smoky, it means resistance and problems.

Hope that helps.

Mary

mabel

Unread post by mabel » Sat May 16, 2009 7:57 pm

jwmcclin,

as far as my own experience goes, i did not have any personal concern like hair from my ex to put into the jar and so far, it seems to work pretty well too. Since he's bald, and is able to request personal concern from him, yes perhaps u can ask for his nail clipping or something...

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun May 17, 2009 6:47 am

Thanks Mabel, I got the eyebrow hair and completed my honey jar. He has been hinting about doing his nails and I will next time I see him and keep them for later tricks. Thanks again.

LMFan

Unread post by LMFan » Tue May 19, 2009 6:44 am

I just burned a " penis" candle for a friend who is trying to attract someone with kiss me now oil and follow me boy and some other things.. it burned down to a puddle which looks like nothing to me.
Question, how do you know if there's something in the wax or not? And does that mean something, if there's nothing there?

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue May 19, 2009 8:40 am

LMFan

Here is the link to candle interpretation:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Mary

LMFan

Unread post by LMFan » Wed May 20, 2009 5:11 am

I did read that but it didn't really help.. I guess it can't cover every contigency! I'll wing it

Rebecca_2

Unread post by Rebecca_2 » Fri May 29, 2009 1:00 pm

I burned a lovers candle for a reconciliation spell. Usually such a figural candle would last for 7 to 9 days. What does it mean that the flame got so high and fierce that the entire candle burned down in 3 days. Not only did it burn down, but the male side of the candle totally melted down all over the place and the female side was still standing burning like normal?? The male side made a big mess, melted all over the female and made a big puddle of wax in the bowl I had it set in? Can you help me with this interpretation? Please! :cry:

sangamo1

Unread post by sangamo1 » Fri May 29, 2009 4:13 pm

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

That answers what you are looking for...or is at least a start.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat May 30, 2009 12:23 pm

Personally, I think people put too much emphasize on candles signs. I think its sort of setting people up to look for signs that would happen no matter who or how many candles are burning. Also, herbs, and oils do cause a candle to burn faster as well.

In your case, I would say that the male is going to give into the female first. The fact that the male side burned down quicker the male is going to be affected first. Go with your instincts, and if you feel good about the results then fine. But if you are going to have anxiety about the spell then repeat.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sat May 30, 2009 3:36 pm

rebecca

The typical interpretation of this would be that the woman in the working is not as "into" the relationship as the man--since he is melting all over her and she is burning at a more normal rate. It would also indicate that you might see quick and fast results from the working, but that the work may not have staying power. Now every case is different, and if for instance the guy candle melted really fast but the wax ran away from the woman that would tell us something else again, but this, along with the link to Lucky Mojo's candle wax divination page should get you started.

take care,
Bri

Okami175

Unread post by Okami175 » Sat May 30, 2009 4:16 pm

Hello.

I was doing a little work to woo back a highly complicated and stubborn man, and the strangest thing happened. I anointed the red figural candle, lit it, said my prayer, and not only did it melt in a huge pile of wax but . . . I walked in and saw two flames burning, side by side, in the wax. Some weird thing must have happened with the wick. It didn't last very long, but I was transfixed by it. I have no idea what to make of this.

happilydysphoric

Unread post by happilydysphoric » Sat May 30, 2009 5:19 pm

this happened to me all the time on a honey jar i was working on an ex, would love to hear what it might mean!

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat May 30, 2009 5:43 pm

What kind of figural candle was it? To me I would either see it as a separation, what was a single wick split into two, or a sign of you two being together, like two flames burning together in passion.
HRCC Student #1559

SouthernGirl

Unread post by SouthernGirl » Sat May 30, 2009 6:17 pm

I have had a puddled candle with the wick burning and then the actual wax has caught fire and flamed for a bit so that there were two flames. Do you think this might be what happened? Now, I don't know the meaning and would be interested to find out. But have had mine do this a couple of times.

Okami175

Unread post by Okami175 » Sat May 30, 2009 7:26 pm

HailDiscordia -- it was a male figural candle. Well, we shall see!

dulcinea

Unread post by dulcinea » Sat May 30, 2009 7:29 pm

Hi all:

I did some ritual work last night, and a spark jumped out of a candle.

Can anyone tell me what this means? There is a section in this site on candle flame divination (http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html), and it describes what happens when a candle flame dances, when it makes noises, etc., but it doesn't say what happens when a spark jumps out of a candle flame.

Thanks very much.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat May 30, 2009 7:51 pm

Okami175

Hm, well keep in mind that it may be nothing, could be a problem with the wick but as soon as I read that it was a male figural candle I immediately thought "hes of two minds about this" that's my gut reaction.
HRCC Student #1559

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat May 30, 2009 7:54 pm

i always looked as sparks as being like the noise the pop sounds cuz thats it sparking.. did you add hearbs or anything to the candle that may have caused it? whats the spell for?
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat May 30, 2009 9:49 pm

And besides you had it in a bowl so I think that would affect the results some. But like I said I do not look into wax interpretations too much if its based on one candle burned. I would burn another candle and see if it reacts the same way and not put the candle in a bowl. Perhaps on a cookie sheet would be better.

I would do a road opener...and then repeat the spell.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat May 30, 2009 9:56 pm

This happens to be all the time. I do not look too much into it especially if there was a lot of herbs on the candle, and oil. I wouldn't read too much into it. I think its just important that you feel good about the candle.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat May 30, 2009 9:59 pm

This could be herbs or the oils catching fire. If it did this the entire time, then I would see it as a sign, but if it just happened once. I would not look too much into it.

Mohammed

Unread post by Mohammed » Sun May 31, 2009 7:44 am

Im doing work on behalf of b/f grandmother who is suffering from cancer. All we can do is have faith and try, I guess. I'm still waiting for my package from LM, so used a generic white glass enclosed 7 day that I pasted a card of Saint Peregrine to. I made an infusion of olive oil and hyssop, strained and decanted. I dressed it with this and sprinkled a bit of hyssop inside as well. In lighting, it was popping and hissing, which I feel is nothing special, and just a result of the oil hitting flame.... the flame is quite low, but is still burning...
In watching, I noticed that a piece of the hyssop caught flame, and made a loud noise, a white stream of smoke shot into the air, it was horizontal and just hung there for about 15 seconds.... it was not like the curls of smoke from incense, but very odd... very white and prominate...like I said, it just hung there, very white and it did not float up or down but after about 15 seconds just faded away. The flame is quite low, but still burning.....
Im still a novice, any ideas about this strange smoke?

Thank you.

Okami175

Unread post by Okami175 » Sun May 31, 2009 8:05 am

HailDiscordia

And he is indeed of two minds -- he is my trainer, and after a few very intense encounters became tremendously conflicted. Actually, he was conflicted even before they happened. He is a dedicated martial artists and considers himself to be my sensei. :D Which he is, entirely. So I understand. That's why I do my quiet work and hope for the best, as we are kindred souls. But que sera, sera. If nothing else, he will always be my teacher and defender. Thank you for your thoughts!

Okami175

Unread post by Okami175 » Sun May 31, 2009 8:06 am

starsinthesky7

I actually do feel good about the candle, whatever it may have been.. thank you!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun May 31, 2009 5:45 pm

I was going to say you might have put too much oil and or hyssop on it. That might be preventing the flame from getting high at all.

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:48 pm

I'm waiting for LM products so i decided to cast a simple moving candle spell during the waxing moon. I burned 2 red votives (after charging & anointing) apart from each other.his cande had more oil than mine. I prayed and then visualised our wedding (1 hour or maybe more). my eyes were misty as I was saying the vows. after that The flames were very bright, strong,calm & long. I left the candle burning and returned after 30 mins. My lovers candle was almost completely burned out(the flame was still strong). But from one side the wax had completely run out and formed a puddle. There was some wax from my candle which was heart shaped but his was just a puddle I couldnt make out anything of it. Now should I replace another candle or just burn down my candle tomorrow. just a lil worried as it should not adversely affect as it was meant to be a 7 day spell. i'm wondering if this is coz of the votives. Should I just give up and wait for the LM kits to arrive?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:38 pm

Have faith in your spell. Do not worry about it. Trust that it worked, and if not you can follow up when you kits arrived. THe fact that some wax burned into a heart is a good time. I think you will be fine. Have some faith and sounds like you were in the right mentality since you were really feeling the actual vows. Again great job, and I think you did just fine.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:08 am

path2success

Did the wax seem to run in any direction or just puddle? If it ran towards you that's pretty good, away and he may not be the marrying type.

I would redo the spell, it might just be that you got an odd candle .
HRCC Student #1559

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:46 am

Thank you for the replies! Put my mind at ease...I anointed with a lil controlling oil and more of return to me oil.The wax ran 90 degrees to my candle(not away or towards me) but I figured out the reason. The wax ran towards the direction the wick was bent when i started the spell. Same with my candle also, the wax ran towards the direction the wick was bent. So considering that, I won't worry that it wasn't towards me.

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”