Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Saint Martha Spiritual Supplies Questions and Answers

All about Lucky Mojo religious supplies, church goods, and altar tools, plus prayers to God, angels, spirits, saints, and deities.
maduro01

Re: Saint Martha Spiritual Supplies Questions and Answers

Unread post by maduro01 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:36 pm

Can I ask Saint Martha for two things at the same time, using two different Saint Martha candles (one for each request)?
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Yes, you can ask her for as many things as you like. I have many requests on my Saint Martha altar for myself, and others. No you dont need two different candles unless you want to get a specific candle divination on each request. But I have used one candle for multiple requests. Or you can use one vigil candle, and light smaller candles such as tea lights, 4inch or 6 inch candles to help with giving you a better sense of candle divination.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:52 pm

Thanks stars!

deedee68

Unread post by deedee68 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:36 am

I've been working with St Martha and Im in my second week of the Novena I was asking her to show me a sign that she was working with me and today I recieved a text from my ex-husband telling me that he still loves me......

Thank You ST MARTHA!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

deedee68

Unread post by deedee68 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:46 am

Can someone please tell me if there is something that I should be doing in between the weeks of the St Martha's Novena - Im in the second week and have her 7 day candle along with a Honey Jar- but I turned it on yeterday and turned it off before I went to bed, I will light it again next tuesday, I also did not write a petition I just prayed my petition to her - Can I write it down and put it under the candle till I light it again? I just kinda feel weird just sitting still until next week . Any suggestions. Thank You

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:17 am

I had a beautiful expirience today with Saint Martha, i'm in a difficulty situation,not of love, and i prayed hard to get what i want and sit at my desk today my mind clears and i felt like SM told me "what i'm doing here,why you don't ask me?"she put in my mind what i have to do.Thank you,Saint Martha

hopeful

Unread post by hopeful » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:56 am

Thank You Saint Martha for helping survive this weekend

loveandloveonly
Newly Registered

Unread post by loveandloveonly » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:07 pm

i want to bring my ex lover back...i m new in this forum...i dont have any special kind of candles for st.martha..so can i use any color? which one is better for my urgent situation? can i dress the candle with st.martha oil , love oil, i can and u can't oil? pls advice me...because tomorrow is tuesdaya and i can start my work with her...and one more question...do i need to lit the candle in the floor and do i need to offer her something like water or coffee before i start the prayer...pls help me

nena1974

Unread post by nena1974 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:23 pm

Dear Saint Martha, you have changed my life, you have changed my home and my family. I will be forever greatful to you for your many blessings. Theres just that one other little thing ;) and I know its coming

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:49 am

@Deedee68 yes you can put a petition under her candle and ask her what you want her to specifically do. You can work with her candle beyond Tuesday if you want to have it burning throughout the week. I just make sure to pray to her on Tuesdays as thats her day, but you can work with her everyday or more than just Tuesday

@loveandloveonly...

I wouldnt use I can you can't but the other oils you can use. FOr saint martha all you need is a red candle...some people use white, or green, but I have found that she likes red when I work with her.

YOu can read through the thread to see how various people work with her. Personally, I do not put her altar on the floor nor do I offer her coffee, but I do give her water. I have tried all of the methods, but she seems to answer me with a red candle on a dedicated space to her with a dish of water next to her candle.

BellaMars

Unread post by BellaMars » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:54 am

I have been working with St Martha for almost 7 weeks (tomorrow will be the 7th Tuesday) I have her on an altar with St Anthony and St Dymphna. I keep a red vigil candle for her lit all the time and it has been melting all the way to the bottom since the begining. The last two vigils have left a little bit of red wax, less than 1/4 of an inch. I have been having a positive outcome from praying to her should I be concerned now? Does she normally like her own altar space? I give her a cordial glass filled with water and florida water and refill when its almost gone.
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:35 pm

She can share an altar space with other saints, but you need to get a reading to see why their is left over wax. I mean if its been happening on the last two then perhaps that is a sign of lingering issues that need to be dealt with or a slight delay in your result.

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:17 pm

I heard that the best way to go with St. Martha is an oil lamp. I heard she really like to work with them.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:43 pm

You can work with an oil lamp. I haven't tried it, but I think she just responds to different things for different people. Some people get a responses from a red candle others green. So I think the best things is try these various methods and see what works for you.

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:35 pm

Working with Saint Martha as the Dominator (the white Saint Martha with the Tarasque monster or dragon) came to hoodoo from Latin America. Prayers for working with her are found in Mexico, Peru, and other Spanish-speaking countries. She is petitioned to dominate the heart of a lover and to bring him or her back. In Latin American folk-magic a red candle is used for this purpose.

In the Afro-Carribean traditions there are Saint Martha the Dominator Lubana (the black Saint Martha with the snake) oil lamps that people use for the same purpose. They are fixed specifically to petition Saint Martha Lubana to bring back a wandering spouse (among other things).

Interesting tid-bit: Originally Saint Helen of Jerusalem was actually the saint par excellence for drawing a wayward lover back. Working with her was very common in Spain, Portugal, and in Central and South America. Over the years however Saint Helen has been displaced by Saint Martha the Dominator and Santa Muerte as the go to spirits for this type of work.
ConjureMan - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:37 pm

Very great info conjureman! I love working with santa elena aka (saint helena or saint helen) too! She's a great saint I have learned to work with from another practitioner recently. She is great to work with to bring back a lover or husband. She brings back the lover through the use of her 3 nails, which I have been taught to ask her if you can borrow one to use to bring back your lover while you petition her. She likes a pink or red candle, I petition her on a friday, and she is seen carrying a cross which is her symbol. Lucky mojo doesn't sell an oil dedicated to her however one can always use the all saints oil or special 20 oil. Her and Saint martha are both excellent saints when getting a lover back.

Her prayer and a previous discussion about her can be found here

working-with-saint-helen-t3795s30.html

BellaMars

Unread post by BellaMars » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:36 am

Thanks all for the responses. Stars the only thing different is the dressing in the last two candles. I used St Martha oil these last two vigils instead of the oils I used previously (olive oil and then all saints ) Could she possibly just not like her own oil?

ConjureMan I am intrigued with St Helen as you know my particular situation she might be a good Saint to pray to as well. I would not want to replace St Martha though, would it be ok to include St Helen on my altar? Stars you mention you use pink or red candle and her petition day is friday? I read through the thread you addeded above and it says her candle colors are white and red? Which would be best to use?
Also this is her chromo print correct? Under St Elena?
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatholycar ... #catmexico
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:56 am

I think that you can work with both saints at the same time. I am currently working with both saint martha and st helen aka santa elena. It is both fine. I would give them both their own light and their own dish of water along with designated space on your altar. Well, white is a universal color. You can work with white when you don't know the color candle to dedicate to the saint and/or you just dont have that color candle. So feel free to use white for any saint. However, I have been working with red candles, and she has been responding. I have seen pink worked with from the person I learned this from and she responds to them with that color. So I think all 3 can work. I would work with red and see what happens.

And yes that is her prayer card. St helen is santa elena or sometimes santa helena (h is silent in spanish pronunciation).

And I doubt that saint martha would not respond to her own oil. I think in your case you need to get a reading to see what is going on especially if there is no plausible reason why the candles would burn this way. So I would take a few pictures if you can, and send them to your reader so that they can give you a reading on what this means for your situation.

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:26 pm

Yeah, she's associated with all three colors. Red and white are the most common for St. Helena, but I have seen pink before too. I concur with Starsinthesky that she'd be a lovely addition to the work you are doing.

Just bear in mind that adding more saints doesn't equal more power. Instead develop a relationship with a saint who wants to work with you. They are powerful spiritual beings that are interceding on your behalf.

deelove11
Newly Registered

Unread post by deelove11 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:04 am

ok im working with sainta martha i would like to offer her some wine where do i pour at?

deedee68

Unread post by deedee68 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:28 am

Thank You St Martha - So much for granting me my wish of bringing my husband back home - You did what I asked of you and I will always be grateful. Even though we have just been fighting and Its not a good situation I will continue to believe in you and pray to you for future endevors....

blackbushbaby12
Newly Registered

Unread post by blackbushbaby12 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:08 am

Thank you SAINT MARTHA THE DOMINATOR, a situation that i felt completely at loss with, feeling helpless and constantly as if i wasnt in control not liking it and knowing that am miserable. within two weeks the situation has changed completely. i am now a woman of power, control and have the ability to do as i please and say what i want to say without wondering whether it will break my relationship. she has given me that confidence and strength that i lost. i remember what i am worth and am going to use that to get what i want out of this relationship. You are more than awesome may your name be praised. every woman needs you in her life for with you we are totally complete as powerful beings that God has made us. thank you for the work you have done in so short a time and thank you for i am beginning to see a change in the other party. all praise will be ascribed to you and God of course when i gain complete dominance over the captor of my heart. it hall no longer be captor captive relationship i shall own his heart and desires thank you so much oh holy mother. my heart is full of love and reverence for you. kiss kiss

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:50 pm

You can pour it in anything that you want.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:00 pm

@ DeeDee... you need to do some reconciliation work, and possibly other work to make sure that he STAYS. I would recommend that you do a sweet jar for love me, stay with me, and perhaps some reconciliation to help this relationship.

Saint Martha...THANK YOU again. I can never be thankful for the constant movement that you help for me, and the others I work on their behalf. I promise I will continue to spread your name.

iconcurr

Unread post by iconcurr » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:04 am

Hello everyone,

I researched and learned that St martha can and will help me.

What I learned is Tuesdays. However, I set up an altar, provided her advance offerings for her help and layed my troubles in good faith that she will guide me.

Thursday is the day for me and her. And I woke up this morning still praying that my petition is heard.

What are your thoughts?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:49 am

You can ask for any Saints help on any day when you need assistance, but I make sure I speak to them on their actual day.

You can pray to any saint everyday. I mean if that is what you want to do and you feel good about it, then do it. I dont see anything wrong with praying to a saint everyday or not on their actual day.

I have worked with Saint martha everyday of the week, and if its something I would like her assistance with or if I just want to talk to her...I do it.

I feel like there are no particular rules saying you have to do it on their designated day, but its more important to build a relationship with them.

But I make it a point to still speak with them on their day of the week.

iconcurr

Unread post by iconcurr » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:30 pm

Pheww. Thanks Star. That is what my spirit told me. I appreciate your feedback.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Stars7 says, "I feel like there are no particular rules saying you have to do it on their designated day."

On the other hand, i have dozens of novena booklets for various saints that do give specific days -- and those days seem to be "rules" in the usual sense of that word. They are certainly hard-and-fast traditional printed instructions, both from the Catholic Church and Folk Catholic traditions.

I am not saying that petitions will fail or things will go wrong if a person does not follow the rules in a novena -- but i have seen cases where a person is misled by a tricky spirit to mess up a well-known spell or prayer, and i think, "Well, that could have been avoided."

I have also seen cases where someone new to a cultural tradition just plowed their way into some unique, non-traditional method of working and the spirit or deity took them in like a stray kitten and gave them a special dispensation to break the rules. But such folks rarely become teachers or have the permission of the spirit to change the rules for other devotees who do grow up within the cultural tradition.

So my advice to all is to "follow your heart," but if someone asks me if it is okay to alter a traditional novena, i would also say, "Go ahead, but don't ask my permission."

Another issue that comes up often, is the degree to which one can or should blend the Dominican 21 Divisions spirit Filomena Lubana with the Catholic Saint Martha the Dominator of Bethany and Tarascon.

Again, there is no hard and fast rule. Devotees who work with these spirits do not all agree.

Some will tell you they are simply different "black and white aspects" of one Saint Martha.

Some will tell you that only Martha is a saint and that Lubana is an "African spirit" but not a saint.

Some will tell you that Martha and Lubana are two "sister spirits."

Some will tell you that Martha and Lubana are "different spirits and should never be confused."

Some will tell you that Martha is a "cover" for Lubana.

Some will tell you that Lubana got the "nckname" Saint Martha, but lived much later than Martha of Bethany.

Some will tell you that Martha "only helps white women" and Lubana "is better if you are black."

Each of these answers is "correct" or "a rule" in some family or house tradition -- and "incorrect" or "not a rule" in some other family or house tradition.

At Lucky Mojo, we try to work with the most inclusive (rather than exclusive) traditions. Here are some of the Saint Martha / Lubana products we carry:

=====

CAN-GLC-SMAD
St. Martha Dominator Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

=====

HOL-CAT-ITM2
St. Martha Dominator Holy Card
$1.00

=====

STA-CAS-MD09
St. Martha Dominator Lubana 9" Statue w/ Snake Hand-Painted Resin Statue
$26.00

=====

Good luck to all in working with Saint Martha -- however you see her or perceive her.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:55 am

I agree with you Miss Cat. I took this question as can working with a saint be started on any day but their actual day. I mean if you need to ask for their assistance in an emergency then you can, and thats what I was saying. I did say that you dont have to do it on their designated day, but in the following sentence I think I would still do it on their particular day even if you work with them in an urgent situation.

Khourrem
Newly Registered

Unread post by Khourrem » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Thank you St Martha for all you have done and continue to do for me. <3

fiestyram

Unread post by fiestyram » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:11 pm

Thank you St Martha for the reminder tonight and for all you are doing on my behalf.

deedee68

Unread post by deedee68 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:21 am

@starsinthesky

Wow I just read your reply and wish I could have read it sooner because he left last night. After the fighting things got really well and St. Martha even granted my petition of him calling her and telling her he was leaving her for me. St. Martha was so great that I light my candles for the 7th week and he picked up her Novena Card read the prayer said it out loud and then made the phone call. I was so happy that after a year and half of seperation everything was right on track..Yesterday Morning I light the Candles and left them in the bedroom burning while he was sleeping gave her a kiss and went off to work. Only to come home and find that he was completly gone back to the woman in queens. I will continue to complete the novena for the last two weeks and continue to pray to St. Martha to bring him back. I believe that St Martha does grant petitions I am a witness to it, just wish he would of stayed.. If you could PM me and tell me what I can do from this point I truly appreciate it. Im devestated....but will still ask her to help me...

deedee68

Unread post by deedee68 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:11 pm

@ starsinthesky7
Wow I just read your reply and wish I could have read it sooner because he left last night. After the fighting things got really well and St. Martha even granted my petition of him calling her and telling her he was leaving her for me. St. Martha was so great that I light my candles for the 7th week and he picked up her Novena Card read the prayer said it out loud and then made the phone call. I was so happy that after a year and half of seperation everything was right on track..Yesterday Morning I light the Candles and left them in the bedroom burning while he was sleeping gave her a kiss and went off to work. Only to come home and find that he was completly gone back to the woman in queens. I will continue to complete the novena for the last two weeks and continue to pray to St. Martha to bring him back. I believe that St Martha does grant petitions I am a witness to it, just wish he would of stayed.. If you could PM me and tell me what I can do from this point I truly appreciate it. Im devestated....but will still ask her to help me...I cut off every way for him to contact me because im so angry - do you think St martha can still work with me these last three weeks?? Dont know if I should just give up - need advise

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Why are you cutting off complete contact from him if you actually want him? Its either you want him or you dont.

With that said,I see you petitioned Saint Martha for everything but the obvious (or perhaps you didnt state this)...that is that you didn't petition her for him to stay with you, and away from her. And you should petition Saint Martha to hold your enemy back as well.

And other work may need to be performed. You need to see why he keeps going back to her. Is this his wife...does he have kids with her? I mean you really really need to get down to that in a reading. Why does he keep going back to her? Once you find that out then you can address that issue. Yes Saint Martha will help but sometimes more addition work is needed. And to me she actually granted your requests just as you stated, but you just forgot to petition her from keeping him from going back with her.

So I think you should get a reading, and then perhaps re-write the petitions to saint martha.

deedee68

Unread post by deedee68 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:29 am

@ starsinthesky7

Im sorry I was not clear in what I stated - I am the wife and we have no kids together - Yes I need to definetly re-write my pettition to her - I have about another 2 weeks to go in this Novena - If nothing changes with my situatuion can I keep asking her for the same thing? and start a new one Im new at this and want to make sure I am doing my petittion correctly. I am grateful that she did grant me him back for the time he was there.. and I truly believe that if I re-write and keep asking she will grant it to me totally..Not sure what to do after the Novena is over...
Thank you so much for responding to me..it helps me so much!!!
and as always THANK YOU ST. MARTHA!!!!!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:22 am

The 9 Tuesdays is ONE way of petitioning her. I go well beyond 9 tuesdays when petitioning her since I am constantly asking for her help on the behalf of others and what not. So yes you can do that. I would see how the vigil light burns, and take it from there. A novena is another way of working with her and any saint as you pray to them for 9 days straight (typically not turning off the candle until it completely burns) and saying their prayer 3 times a day.

I think you should get her candle, and re-write a petition. OR you can have a vigil light going, and get free standing red candles for each of your petitions or separate vigil lights so you can see and divination on each of those specific petitions. This way you get a better picture of how she is responding to the work. Things you would be looking for are a swirling flame, high flame, and/or sparking/cracking sounds. A clean burn is another signs as well as some images if you are using free standing candles.

I would highly advise you to ask her to hold back the other woman and to allow you to get ahead magically wise. Remember she is great for holding enemies and rivals back as well. And then you need to work some break up work.

Another great saint to work with is Saint Helen aka Santa Elena. She is GREAT for bringing back a lover as well.

deedee68

Unread post by deedee68 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:05 pm

@Stars

I did open the line of communication between us again and sent him a text to let him know he was no longer blocked but he hasn't responded. I did start another 7 day green candle for St. Martha and did re-write my petition to her..and have that going. I also got to black image candles and worked those to separate them..They seemed to burned down really quickly and now I need to figure out how to dispose of the wax.Any suggestions?? .Im giving this my best shot and continue to pray that St Martha will see me thru and grant me my wish of getting my marriage back...Thank You Again St. Martha...

pinky12
Newly Registered

Unread post by pinky12 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:51 pm

so ive heard that you can repay her for her acts by giving her flowers? i asked her for one main thing, to brig someone back , and i asked her to make something happen this pass week, and my old lover called me, i think it was because of her, so should i give her flowers as a thanks? and if so how long do i leave the flowers out for? do i throw the flowers away at a certain point or no? i dont know much about this and i dont want to offend her. i also told her i'd light an extra candle for her if she brings him back as more than a friend. so should i give her flowers of something for his call or just light the extra candle after his return?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Did you promise flowers? ...than yes... leave them ut as lng as they are fresh, and than return them to the earth..thanking her again for her help.
Read these topic area for further direction...
Saint Martha http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... int_Martha
Thank you Saint Martha thank-you,-st-martha-the-dominator-t4427.html
Working with Saint Martha working-with-saint-martha-the-dominator-t5462s200.html
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:08 am

@deedee68

You can dispose of black figural candles for breaking them up in several ways A) a crossroads B) you can dump the other woman's in a river or running water to carry her away, and then put your husband remains in a crossroads.

http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

@pinky12

I would pay her the flowers and tell her thank you. Keep working with her for help to get more movement on your situation. You keep the flowers on her altar or space until they are wilting, or are dead. You can take the remains of the flowers and sprinkle them outside . Do not throw them away.

And give her the extra candle when she has brought him back more than as a friend. Keep working with her though as she is responding to you and wants to keep working with you.

cindy9

Unread post by cindy9 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:10 am

Thank You St Martha ....you really came through for me and really fast too ....thank you for helping your daughter through a tough situation ....

I have to say I was a bit skeptic at first but after getting the reading that you were happy with and willing to work with me, I continued your prayer and kept total faith and hope in you and you helped me by day 4 of my prayer thank you so much....and he did exectly as I stated on the petition and this is a man who never says sorry and is very stuborn and arrogant and you brought him to his knees for me ...thank you Mother ...
Thank You, St. Martha the Dominator for all you have done and are doing for me ...

deedee68

Unread post by deedee68 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:07 pm

@ Stars7

My 7 DAY candle for St Martha is coming to and end and this is my 8th week into the Novena - My question to you is the glass surrounding the top of the candle is totally black and from reading other post this may be a bad thing I think? Can you give me some advise - I have been burning this candle on the floor..

Thank You St. Martha the dominator for everything you have done....

deedee68

Unread post by deedee68 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:48 pm

@ Cindy9
Im so happy to see that your petition to was answered...

Thank You St. Martha for granting this petition and everyone that is asked of you!!!!

pinky12
Newly Registered

Unread post by pinky12 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:27 am

well i didnt promise flowers i promised to light two more candles after she brought back an old boyfriend, but so far we've just been talking, but i did ask her to please make something happen that week and well that week we talked, should i give her flowers anyways? i want to keep her happy .and how do i return to flower to earth? when there dead? im sorry i just want to keep her happy.

trish76

Unread post by trish76 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Thank you St.Martha for agreeing to work with me and for all you have done on my behalf.
"Don't allow your wounds to transform you into someone you are not". ~ Paulo Coelho ~ ♥

pilotszoleaga
Newly Registered

Unread post by pilotszoleaga » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:40 am

Hi, first of I will like to thank you all beforehand for taking your time to read this and answering my question.

I'm 19 years old and one year ago, through a santeria ceremony, I was told that St. Martha was my saint of protection. I jumped the gun too quick as they say and started my own little alter as best as I could and prayed to her every week. After a while I kind of stopped praying until ultimately I threw away her pictures and kept the rosaries and beads which I kept in her name. It was not until recently that I discovered why St. Martha was my saint, it was not in terms of needing to dominate women (because this failed miserably when I tried) but rather protect me from some of them. This hit me like a brick, as it is the same relationship I have with my mother where she would stress and warn me about all the type of women that can ruin my future career. I am currently in a community college in NYC but will be attending a 4 year university in September to study biochemistry in hopes of becoming a doctor. I was a disobedient,hoodlum gang member before all this; I am forever in debt with St. Martha for helping accomplish all this. An aunt of mines read me some tarot cards last year (sorry if I didn't use the correct term,I am dominican and english is my second language). In these cards she saw that I was being protected by St. Martha, St. Lazarus and St. Michael, she said they were using me as an example of how great their powers were and still are; looking back 2 years ago when I was a high school drop out definitely counts for more than enough proof. She also said that during this college venture I will meet this special girl, one whom I will have great feelings for but not have a relationship with due to circumstances and her past life. Well, she was right and one year later I met a girl 4 years older than me that explained to me how horrible her past life was. Her story consisted of being neglected by parents,foster home, running away, being taken outside the state without her consent,raped and beaten; all by a gay, drug junkie. I feel so guilty in a way and wish to be the best friend she could ever have.

Long story short, this has lead me to look upon these 3 saints once again, in hopes that they will continue to protect me and make of me an example of how great they are. I am heading off to my other college in 4 months and I feel the need to carry these 3 symbols of majestic power in my body. The only issue I am having as of now is choosing which version of St. Martha to get tattooed. St. Martha the dominator(colored lady with the snakes), as the name suggests, is more suited for dominating another person. These are not my intentions, I just wish for her to keep on protecting me and hold her dear to me. Now, If I get the middle eastern,olive color version of St. Martha, it would fit more adequately with the images of St. Michael and St. Lazarus.

I ask of you guys to please share some of your wisdom, I have been warned of how powerful St. Martha,specially against men and I wouldn't want to get on her bad side. Thank You for your time, God bless.

iconcurr

Unread post by iconcurr » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:59 am

@Stars Is getting a reading the only way to know if St. Martha is working for you (other than seeing signs)? This is my third Tues with her (green) and the one burning now is burning down rapidly. However, I see no movement in my situation. As a matter of fact, it has gotten worse.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:37 am

@Deedee68

Personally, I dont burn her candle or have her altar on the floor. That maybe how some people work with her, but I personally dont put her altar on the floor. Black soot at the rim of the candle can indicate resistance, and/or delays of the person you are trying to dominate. If the candle is entirely black from top to bottom, then you are going to have resistance and the person is fighting the work. If the candle is only sooty at the time, then they are probably resistant at first but then things will start to work.

I would move the altar or candle to another space. Cleanse it with Florida water, ammonia, or whatever you do to cleanse your space. Then put her candle there and see if the next candle burns better. In other magical traditions she is depicted with a snake. Since snake slither on the floor...some people feel put her offerings on the floor. You can do this, but in my own practices I have just not had her answer me this way. It didn't feel right. So it may make a difference if you move it off of the floor

In addition, you should get a reading to get some clarity on the sooty candle as well.

@pinky12...

Basically give her what you promised her. I would give her the flowers as you asked her to make something happen that week, and she came through. I would keep on burning the candles since you feel she has not fully answered your petition. But I would be clearer than saying "bring him back to me" I mean that could be taken as bringing him to you just into your life, or bringing him as a lover. So if you meant as a lover. Then you should have stated this in your petition. And returning to the earth meaning take the flowers outside and sprinkle them around your garden, lawn or even a potted plant.

@iconcurr

No, she can answer you through dreams, you may see her name more perhaps in a newspaper article, internet, and just randomly. It doesn't have to be Saint Martha. It could just be Martha. I know I had a dream about snakes, but a client of mine had one about dragons. Others maybe drawn to her candle as I was, but then it was followed up by the dream with snakes. I got this confirmed through a reading. But some people just opt to go for the reading.

As for no movement in your situation, well you are only on your 3rd week. Again the 9 Tuesdays is only ONE way of working with saint martha. It make take some additional work to get your situation moving. I would recommend that you get a reading to see what else needs to be done.

@

iconcurr

Unread post by iconcurr » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:44 pm

Thanks stars. I had a reading, by the way.

cutie1

Unread post by cutie1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:53 am

I was thinking of lighting a candle of Saint Martha and ask her to ghelp me with the return of my ex, However i heared that she like to get paid by corn bread, and flowers, since i was thinking to let LM light this candle for me how can i do my offering to her?

Also any suggestion what should i indicate in my petition i had about 5 sentce petition is that okay or too long? For example am asking her to make him love me and to dominate him and make him return back to me and to comit back with me...etc is that fine?

Please help with suggestion and if i will have them light the candle for me how can i do the offering?

Thanks

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:24 pm

Im not sure where the cornbread comes from, but if you want to do that...thats fine. If lucky mojo lights it for you, and she wants to work with you then simply cleanse a space for her in your home or room. And leave the offerings and pray to her letting her know that you appreciate her help. When the offerings become old and stiff, or flower wilted return them to the earth such as sprinkling them around your yard.

First off, I would get a reading to see if she is even going to help your situation. Do not expect Saint Martha to suddenly make him love you if cards have indicated previously there is no chance. Also, you may need to do some additional work.

Before you write a 5 sentence petition, and if a reading indicates she will help your situation. Then I would work on him returning to you first. Then once he comes back you can dominate him to commit. How is he suppose to commit to you if hes not even with you? I just like to focus on one thing at a time because then it can become discouraging if you dont see movement even if a reading indicates she wants to work with you. And if you do one small petition at a time it will be easier to get a sense of which part of the petition the candle report is speaking of. I just like to keep it simple.

I personally wouldnt force someone to love me with the help of Saint Martha if no love is there. I mean if you have to force them to love you through domination work then thats just forced not really genuine kinda love. So you may want to see if he actually feels something for you and then perhaps do a honey jar or an adequate spell kit such as love me, come to me, etc.

cutie1

Unread post by cutie1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi,
I was tld i can work with her so i think i will just ask for his retturn and commitment we are still in touch and we see each other. Now my other question can i offer her that i will light up canldes for her every tuesday for nine days and can i do that in the altar of LM which i will have them light it for me and i can just pray for her at home with her picture infront of me?

So can i say something like: I promise faithfully to offer this candle which i shall burn every tuesday for nine days if my petition will be granted and i thank you so much.

Suggestions

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:28 pm

You would can offer her whatever you want, but you need to come through with whatever you offer.

deedee68

Unread post by deedee68 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:51 am

@ Star7
Thank you again for your wisdom - Today is the last Tuesday of my Novena - I feel like I should take a break from this whole thing and Im not sure if that's gonna cause some bad vibes for me. I am grateful that St Martha did bring him back to me for the short period that he was there. But I can't help to feel that Im fighting a losing battle when it comes to him. I continued my prayers but have no contact at all from him and Im starting to think this is just the way it's gonna be.. I will forever be grateful to St Martha for the assistance that she did give me during all of this but as I light the last candle today I said to her I leave it in your hands from this point on. I will never doubt the power that she has I saw it first hand, But with everything else that has happened maybe its just a way of her letting me know its not meant to be...What advice do you have for me from this point on now that the Novena is over??
Thank you St. Martha the dominator for everything you have done on my behalf.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:30 pm

I think that you may want to get a reading to see what else you may need to do for your work. I mean you may have to do additional work. But get a reading and then see what is best.

spiritandshadow

Unread post by spiritandshadow » Mon May 02, 2011 10:30 am

I need to know if the candle to St. Marta has to burn all the way until it's done or can I blow out the candle once I'm done with my prayers. I am not home during the day and don't feel safe leaving a lit candle while I'm not there. Please help. Thanks.

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Mon May 02, 2011 10:57 pm

Don't blow out your candles, snuff them out. You can snuff your candle and then pick up again. This is especially popular for when you have to work a candle over a period of days with things like the 9 Tuesdays of Saint Martha, moving candle spells etc.

Dreamer00
Newly Registered

Unread post by Dreamer00 » Wed May 04, 2011 11:51 am

after reading all of is, i cant wait to start my novena with st.martha i have my own novena candles, did everyone on here just use the ones luckymojo sells?

Orchidream
Newly Registered

Unread post by Orchidream » Tue May 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Hello all...

in a bit of pickle regarding bending a medical surgeon & specialist down to my will. I've read that St. Martha is the wondeful saint that helps "influence/dominate" the person you are having trouble with to your way of thinking...my question is does she ONLY work for love matters OR can I apply her to my situation where I am at very angry odds with medical surgeon & specialist to see my way and do as I say, not what they feel is the ONLY way to handle my situation.

two, I realize St. Martha's colors are red, green & white BUT which color candles does st. martha work more effectively to give you swifter results towards your petitions, cause I thought red was her color?

three, I have any appointment in about 8 days, will st. martha need 9 days or more to help me achieve the results I need to bend this surgeon & specialist my way? and can I start this emergency petition tomorrow on a wednesday & hope for the best on very short notice?

thank you for all replies back and help posted for my question.

spiritandshadow

Unread post by spiritandshadow » Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am

I started working with St. Martha 9 days ago. My wish hasn't been granted yet but I have faith that she will do her job. I read that the novena must published after the 9th day or the 9th Tuesday so here it is. Hope it works for the rest of you who are trying to work with her. Good luck.

Holy Virgin Saint Martha,
Who entered the mountain and tied
Up the beast with your ribbons,
I beg you to tie up and dominate [insert name of target].

Saint Martha,
Let him/her not sit in a chair,
Nor lie in a bed until he/she is at my feet.
Holy Martha, hear me,
Help Me for the love of God.

Holy Virgin Martha,
For the oil which you will consume today,
For the oil which nourishes this lamp,
For the wick which burns away all impurities,
I dedicate this Lamp to you,
So that you may relieve me
Of all my Miseries
And Help Me to Overcome all Difficulties.
As You dominated the beast at your feet,
Give me Health and Work
So that I may provide for my needs.

My Mother,
Grant me that [insert target's name]
May not live in Peace,
Until he/she comes to stand at my feet.
In this way my Mother,
For the Love of God
Grant my Petition and Eliminate My Misery.
Amen.

Association of Independent Readers & Rootworkers

Return to “Religious Goods and Altar Tools in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure”