Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spells for Money in Art Design Dance Music Books Film TV

sakura

Re: Spells for Money in Art Design Dance Music Books Film TV

Unread post by sakura » Tue May 10, 2011 1:23 pm

Okay, to clarify--I plan to first write the book proposal, which I will then send to publishers. Before I undertake any work on this project, I was wondering what sort of work I could do to a)generate the perfect proposal, and b)have it accepted quickly.

I thought possibly a road opener ritual of some sort. Does anyone have any specific spells that would facilitate this, as well as creativity?

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Tue May 10, 2011 5:13 pm

I'm also a writer and I get stuff published now and then. How much magical work are you willing to undertake for this?

Road Opener is always a good place to start. Usually I go for a 3-day ritual (bath, candlework, incense) and make sure I have 2 white candles dressed with Blessing on the sides, pray to God that He'll give me his blessings in embarking on this project and a wide open path to success, etc. The next week I do the Crown of Success work. I also often add a bit of John the Conqueror oil to the purple candles, for strength and mastery over situations/people.

By the time when you have to submit your proposal - look into using I Can, You Can't or Victory or CoS and Look Me Over (burn some dressed candles on the top of your paper application, or have the candlework happening if you're doing it electronically). If you're doing paper application, dust it with the powders.

Kings of Solomon is useful for channeling your inspirations into concrete ideas and plans. Mercury oil and Deer Tongue leaves are good for becoming more articulate, if you feel you need a boost to your writing. That said, I've found that there's no better muse than the drive to succeed, the focus that you must get yourself out there and recognized by everybody!
HRCC Graduate #1610

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue May 10, 2011 5:45 pm

I am loving Victory, King Solomon and Crown of Success for professional successes. Also, I find that Van Van has a special influence in my work, with added protection and it opens the road for new projects. I think it is a great combination with the above mentioned products

All great recommendations cabriellenil!
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

sakura

Unread post by sakura » Thu May 12, 2011 4:46 pm

cabriellenil, would I put the Mercury and Deers Tongue on a candle that I could burn as I wrote? What would the best color be, do you think?

jwmcclin, should I combine the Van Van with the Road Opener or the Crown of Success--what's the best way to use it?

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Thu May 12, 2011 4:53 pm

I use pink.
HRCC Graduate #1610

Tania_Washington

Unread post by Tania_Washington » Mon May 23, 2011 5:21 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Tania Washington. I have a really big audition this saturday. How do I persuade the judges on choosing me for part of the cast???? I really want to be on the show and I so desperately need the money...

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon May 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Tania, Crown of Success...Look Me over...Love Me are good combinations to get noticed.

Crown of Success (http://www.luckymojo.com/crownofsuccess.html)
Look Me Over (http://www.luckymojo.com/lookmeover.html)
Love Me (http://www.luckymojo.com/loveme.html)

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Mon May 23, 2011 6:19 pm

Yes and ditto jwmcclin and also prosperity and wealthy way and money drawing and attraction.
http://www.luckymojo.com/moneyspells.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/moneydrawing.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/wealthyway.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/attraction.html
and protect yourself!!! :) because people can be mean and jealous!!!
http://www.luckymojo.com/protectionspells.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/vanvan.html
and...
Devils Shoe Strings are one of the all time greats for so many things!!! See all the links in red that jwmcclin and I gave, click on them and they lead to links too that will help you!
Great luck to you and All The Best Tania!!!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue May 24, 2011 4:10 am

Smile, look nice, and speak up! I went to the Price is Right once, and they pre select some of the people. I know the people that were the most interesting with interesting jobs, looks, stories, etc...usually get picked. So i would add some master of the woods, master root, calamus, and deers tongue to that mix as well. Bewitching is another good product in addition to the look me over...so that they can be captivated!

I can you can't along with victory is another good one to beat out the competition.
Fast luck and/or work with Saint Expedite can be helpful as well.

GOOD LUCK!
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue May 24, 2011 7:16 pm

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue May 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Here is the link for I can you can't
www.luckymojo.com/products-I-can-you-cant.html

TheLeo

Unread post by TheLeo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:16 am

I have a show at a pretty well-known venue in LA coming up. I'm a singer, song writer and the music project I started a year ago is going to be debuting with our first show ever. I not only want it to be well received by many people but I want to draw the people who need to be there that will be influential to my music career being successful and generating lots of grand opportunity. I'm already doing my part with marketing etc. What can I do perhaps a couple days before the show? And what should I dress myself with, or have at my show?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Chrishauna

LouFlorez
HP Member

Unread post by LouFlorez » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:46 am

Hi Chris,

There are a number of different options that you can use for this type of work. Being that its pretty close to the show, I would recommend doing the following: A cut and clear bath and fixed candle to remove any pre-show stress, jitters, obstacles, etc, followed by a combination of Attraction, Crown of Success, and Bewitching baths and candles. You can also get a Crown of Success Mojo,and spice it up to your liking.

Blessings,
Lou Florez

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:09 pm

Hi TheLeo:

A few days before the show, ask the Missionary Independent Church to set lights for you; I'd try Crown of Success, Attraction and Look Me Over vigil lights.

If you have paper programs at your show, order the powders Crown of Success, Attraction and Look Me Over, mix them together and dust the programs very lightly with the powders, praying over the papers that powerful and influential people will be drawn to your show and drawn to work with you as a performer.

Get the bath crystals for those product lines too; include some Fast Luck, as it may help draw the customers to your show, and if you can wash the sidewalk leading to the theater with Fast Luck wash, that will help draw 'em in :)

Good luck and break a leg!

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

TheLeo

Unread post by TheLeo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:50 am

Thank you so much, this helps :)

worker

Unread post by worker » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:35 pm

I need a spell to keep from being edited out a movie... I think this comes under the heading of luck with a job, career, or fame.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:30 pm

worker

Unread post by worker » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:45 pm

Thanks.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:51 pm

I would make one candle for successfully getting in the movie. Dress it with crown of success, attraction and look me over. This way they will be attracted to you and want to keep you in the movie.

If you know the editors, producer, director, etc of the movie. I would dress a purple candle with master of the woods, commanding or controlling. (essence of bend over if you want to be more coercive), five finger grass so that you can command or control them to do you the favor of keeping you in the movie.

And van van dressed with good luck and road opener may be helpful to change your luck and remove obstacles.

worker

Unread post by worker » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:56 pm

Thank you for advising me.

angel4decale

Unread post by angel4decale » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:15 pm

My husband is an unsigned song writer who has recently come into contact with some major label people who could buy some of his songs and change our lives financially, I am trying to put together a work for him to do to compel them to of course buy his submitted songs and want more.

I have considered Road Opener, St. Expeditus, and Do As I Say lines but I don't quite know how to put it together.

Can anyone tell me what products I can use that would also be geared towards the correspondence course for this situation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:20 pm

As far as gearing your purchases toward acceptance for the correspondence course, I find it easier to send you to the link about the course and you can simply order items that meet your need and also fit in the required purchases for the course.
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.htm ... CONDITIONS

this link tells you what herbs can do and may help with your purchases as well.
http://www.herb-magic.com/

best of luck
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:28 pm

if you want them to buy his products try Look Me Over oil or powder on the actual item, wear Crown of Success Oil and light candles dressed with the oils, while he is out dealing.

attraction products and lodestones seem to pop in my mind also.

for work in general, i've had great success with st joseph to get a job, st jude to get over obsticals in the job and st anthony as my patron saint. steady work has also helped me get a job that is safe and continues to pay the bills.

I think a cleansing of the house followed with some candle work can be a great success.

As for other products, Chinese floor wash is a great start and on the list of required purchases for the course as well
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

jennamc

Unread post by jennamc » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Hey!

I am trying to create opportunities for myself in television and film. I don't have a lot of connections, so I tend to rely on talent and chance and those aren't very reliable. I'm going to be attending an event where there will be many industry professionals in a little less than a month and I want to be able to draw positive attention toward myself in hopes some doors will be opened for me.

I'm doing a little shopping for my next order and I was hoping to find a road opener spell kit, but there doesn't seem to be one, just the individual road opener products.

I've seen good but short-lasting results with smaller work, so for a bigger job I wanted to invest in a full spell kit but the closest to what I wanted (road opener) doesn't really exist.

I enjoy working with Crown of Success and considered that, but I suppose Lodestone, Fast Luck, Steady Work, or Money Drawing (as I want more paying jobs) could also do.

Any suggestions for which direction I should go in?

This kind of opportunity may not come again, so I would like to load the dice in my favor as much as possible.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:27 pm

No jennamc, Lucky Mojo does not have a Road Opener spellkit; however, if your read the website (http://www.luckymojo.com/roadopener.html), you can certainly incorporate the recommended spell work starting with the spiritual bath. The full spell would involve starting with the bath to get the essence of your work going, following with the sachet powders, dusting your body, your important paperwork, or your socks and shoes with Road Opener Sachet Powder, or sprinkle in suggested areas of your room...etc etc.. if you have worked with other spellkits such as Crown of Success, Money Drawing, Steady work etc etc, you have the idea, just go from there.

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:14 am

Like jwmcclin said, you can always assemble the supplies you need to do the ritual, it doesn't necessarily have to be a spell kit.

For a a more serious/elaborate ritual I always do three baths on 3 consecutive days or Monday Wednesday Friday. Road Opener, Crown of Success, Money Drawing would be good options. Sometimes I add Steady Work to the mix. If I were you, I'd also do a Look Me Over to attract attention on the day of the event and wear an attraction oil such as Attraction or Love Me (it can work pretty well for drawing some 'loving' towards oneself in general). You can get the oils and incense and candles to do a bit of candle work. Or, if you are worried there may not be enough time for you to get the supplies, etc. order some vigil lights to be set at LM.

For work-related meetings, dress yourself with a powder made of cinnamon and sugar, esp. your hands.
HRCC Graduate #1610

JoyceAsterix
Newly Registered

Unread post by JoyceAsterix » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:22 am

Hi jennamc. I would definitely recommend asking the Missionary Independent Spiritual Church to set a candle for you - see "Candle Services On Our Altars" on the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Shop Home Page for details.

You can ask for a run of candles to be lit leading up to the event, or even ask for a candle to be lit for you on the actual day. I asked them to light a "Crown of Success" candle for me recently on the day of a job interview and was delighted with the result. "Crown of Success" and/or combined with "Road Opener" might work well for you too. Also,as a bonus, they send you a very detailed and useful candle report with predictions as to how things will work out. My candle report from Deacon Nicole was one of the most helpful divinations I have ever received.

Wishing you good fortune with all your endeavours!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:01 am

I would start with the Van Van spell kit. It includes a full cleansing of yourself and your home, and Van Van has many obstacle removing qualities, as well as the qualities of turning your luck around, opening doors for new opportunities, and drawing in good fortune. It would be a perfect way to get things clear and moving.

For ongoing work in an industry such as the entertainment one (which I also work in), I like to create a Road Opening to Success oil lamp that you can keep lit perpetually. There are many ways to make fixed oil lamps - from loading the well of a kerosene lamp, to crafting a really old school bowl loaded with herbs and filled with vegetable oil (I would use sunflower oil for success in this case) and lit. I prefer the old school bowl and vegetable oil route, personally. Load your lamp with herbs like lemongrass and a John the Conqueror root to help break through obstacles and be a successful conqueror, Bay leaves for success, Five Finger Grass to get people to grant you favors and give you success at what you put your hand to, a magnet to draw attention and opportunity, a petition paper, and others. (Getting the book Hoodoo Herb and Root magic will really help you make great choices fine-tuned exactly to your needs.) Add a few drops of Van Van oil to the fuel each time you need add more. Pray over it each day.

I'd follow that with an Attraction spell kit aimed at drawing more opportunities for you. Keep the lamp working.

When you go to auditions and to industry networking events, wear a combo of oils &/or carry a mojo like Attraction, Look Me Over, planetary Sun oil, I Can You Can't, and Crown of Success. This will help get you attention and get noticed. And good lord, get out there and start NETWORKING!! Who you know is sadly WAY more important then talent in the industry. Don't get me wrong, talent helps. But it absolutely requires networking and meeting people and getting people to do favors for you and wanting to include you in things!! All the conjure in the world isn't going to help if you aren't playing the game as it's intended to be played. Trust me, I've been working in the industry for 25+ years...YOU HAVE TO NETWORK.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

angel4decale

Unread post by angel4decale » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:25 am

I have tried looking on the site for Chinese Wash and that is the only thing I have not been able to find.

I would also like to say that as for now he makes his submission via internet I found a honey jar (Influence Another's Mind FOR ANY GOOD PURPOSE Honey Jar Mini Hoodoo Spell Kit) on the site do you think this in connection with a st.expeditus is good to go along with what you've mentioned above or just do the candle mentioned above

I don't mean to bother you so much but I am trying to place my order before I go to bed.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:26 am

WAT-CHI-GL04
Chinese Wash, 4 oz.
$5.25

catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:24 am

I agree with the others -- assemble your own products. You don;t need a kit.

CAN-GLS-ROAD
Road Opener Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:49 am

You've received a lot of good advice in this thread. You might want a professional to do part of this work -- at least the parts that feel like they're out of your league.

The simplest way to incorporate Road Opener into your work is a Road Opener candle and the addition of Road Opener products to any other spells you work.

I'd also add a lodestone to your oil lamp or honey jar, or to any mojo you wear. And while you're attracting agents, directors, etc., -- pray for MENTORS.

If the thought of networking makes you feel faint, get some Crucible of Courage to mix in there, and google "networking for introverts."

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:15 am

Stiffing the talent is an old, old tradition in the entertainment industry, so I would also like to recommend some kind of protection work, just in case, followed by Pay Me if and when a deal is struck.
Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Sephora

Unread post by Sephora » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:05 am

Dear all,

I had some successful experience with a crown of success candle set on MISC altar for my daughter and son. Now, she gets to be a supporting actress in a movie with an important Hollywood actor next week. It is a small role but on set anything can happen so I would like to attract more opportunities for her. I still haven't received my attraction and money drawing oil but I was wondering if it is appropriate to have an attraction candle set for my daughter. She is only 10 and I don't want "that kind" of attraction but more her to be noticed and favoured...I have names and date of birth of producers/main actors and costume designers. Which candles should I have set and does anybody know a prayer or a ritual that I could do in short notice? I have heard of the sugar bowl with cinnamon to sweeten people (pls correct me if I am wrong) but I am not sure how to do it. I'll appreciate your help.

Blessings,
Sephora

corazon

Unread post by corazon » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:09 am

I would do crown of success.

but attraction would work also if you were specific in your petition... but you should be specific in your petition anyways. :)

check out the super long thread about honey jars:
honey-sugar-sweet-jar-questions-and-answers-t5536.html

also miss cat's online book "Hoodoo In Theory and Practice" about honey jars:
http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

and yeah put the names of anyone you want to be sweetened to your daughter's acting abilities.

Good luck!

Sephora

Unread post by Sephora » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:11 pm

Thank you corazon. The crown of success candles I had set on the altar is still burning as yesterday was the 1st day. It was a quick result so do you think I should do another one with all the new names I have or attraction candle will be enough (with all the names)? Don't you think that making a honey jar is too late for next week as I understand it is slow to pick up. I will still give it a go as you never know. I am going to read the thread so i know what herbs to put in...any other suggestions will be gladly appreciated...thanks again corazon!

Blessings,
Sephora

corazon

Unread post by corazon » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:11 pm

did you set the crown of success candle for this particular situation or for another situation?
if you set it for something else, i would set another one for this particular situation, or you can set the attraction candle for it, whichever you want. you should set the candle with your daughter as the target, and say something like "the producers, directors, actors, and any important individual working in the film industry will be attracted to my daughter's wonderful acting abilities and offer her new and exciting roles in the film industry" you can change that around as you see fit, but that is the general direction you should work in, in my opinion.

as for the honey jar, yes they can be slow to start, but that is no reason not to start one! go for it!!!

and as for what herbs to put in, check out miss cat's herb magic website:
http://www.herb-magic.com/

just read through them and see which ones feel best represent this situation.

or you can buy a honey jar kit from Lucky Mojo, even if you don't have it started on the day of the movie shoot, you can still start one after the fact!
I really love the LM kits, it has absolutely everything you will need plus full instructions. They are really awesome.

Hope this helps!

Sephora

Unread post by Sephora » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:18 pm

Thanks corazon,all these info really helped. I have just ordered an attraction candles for my daughter and I have few herbs at home so I will be starting a honey jar tonight. The crown of success was a general one with certain names but as soon as ordered it I received a phone call from her agent(we haven't heard from her for about 3 months and she wasn't even in my petition) saying that she was booked for the movie,so I am thinking that maybe I should do one with producer's names etc... Thank you for your precious help.

Blessings,
Sephora

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:53 pm

Put some Crown of Success oil in her hair and dust her with COS powder.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

stelz

Unread post by stelz » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:05 pm

DEFINITELY start the honey jar. Just do it. :)

Sephora

Unread post by Sephora » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:45 pm

Thanks mama vicki and stelz. It's 1am here and I am just waiting for my partner to go to work in an our to start my honey jar. I am still waiting for my supplies who should be here any time soon so fingers crossed before next week then I will definitely oil her hair. What do you advise for my son as his shooting for a commercial is tomorrow morning.? He too have a Cos set on MISC altar and it's still burning. Can I bath him tomorrow morning in rose water? I have some cinnamon chips,cloves,nitcap,rosemary,basil.alfala and hoyt's cologne,orange water. Can I do anything with it?
Thanks for all your advice.

Blessings
Sephora

sylphide12
Newly Registered

Unread post by sylphide12 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:17 am

I am a singer in a cabaret trio (upright bass & accordion/piano player) now languishing due to departure of accordion/piano player 2 months ago. Did a spell to find the last one but that was before getting hip to Lucky Mojo. This is a tall order to fill so, besides placing various ads, I want to do a spell. Wondering which Lucky Mojo products (& spell, for that matter) would be most appropriate? Not looking for a lover (that's the bass player!)

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Consider working with a lodestones (http://www.luckymojo.com/lodestone.html), Attraction Products(http://www.luckymojo.com/products-attraction.html) and make sure to read about Attraction Spells (http://www.luckymojo.com/attraction.html). Best of Luck.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:20 am

I would use the Attraction spell kit with the petition of finding someone that meets you needs. The spell kit will have everything you need (including instructions) for performing a complete conjure ritual that addresses the issue from several different angles.

http://www.luckymojo.com/spell-attraction.html

Loujuana
Newly Registered

Unread post by Loujuana » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Im trying to help my boyfriend to become an actor Ive done the crown of sucess candles and used the crown of sucess oil he hasnt got anything just yet and its been almost three months what should I do? I need help he really wants thiz badly and I wanna do what ever it takes to help him. Please help us.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:58 am

Breaking into the entertainment industry is very difficult and requires working from many different angles. To really make the proper suggestions for your case, we'd have to know a lot more. For example, is your boyfriend with an agent already, is he networking regularly, is he trying to break into theatre, tv, or film or all three (they are pretty different), what are his expectations, what are his goals, where are you located, etc? They all play into it. You may want to seriously consider having a reading and rootwork consultation done on the matter, or even an astrological chart done to see if his fortunes lie in the entertainment field or not. You can find skilled workers at http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

Start with some Van Van spell kit to help open the roads for him and attract opportunities. Work an Attraction kit after that to draw the specific types of roles and people to him that will help his career. Then try the Crown of Success kit to help him succeed in navigating the opportunities that the others will open for him.

You could do one kit a month so you won't get overloaded or overwhelmed with work, and they'll each have some time to start moving things in the right direction for him.

Loujuana
Newly Registered

Unread post by Loujuana » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:12 am

We stay near the Seattle area and he just started working with an agency near us that he's been with for over a month now. He's not really depending on them for projects so he's been trying to find stuff on his own while he waits for them to send him stuff.

He's already done commercials before he got with that agency so he's now trying to step it up and do more TV/Film than theatre.

We've used the crown of success candle & oil around the time they were casting for the commercial that he was in and we actually have someone locally who been gives us advice with the candles and other stuff. We did do a reading for him after he did the commercial and it did show the he had help from above that's watching over him and it also showed celebration and entertainment business in his reading.

He doesn't do as much networking as he should only with a friend of ours who already does a little bit in the industry now. The only thing he feels that's a challenge is that a lot of the casting people he wants to work with are in CA and sometimes last minute stuff will pop up. He's been sending out his headshots and resumes to the casting people but he hasn't heard anything from them yet.

We've been researching to find out what would give the most energy and results for him. What should I do next? I want to put in more energy and power so he can get something bigger so he can retire from his regular job and focus on his acting career.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:33 am

so he can retire from his regular job and focus on his acting career
Ok, I'll start here. And please understand I'm not being overly negative, I'm being realistic. I'm speaking from experience of being in the entertainment industry for over 28 years. It will be very unlikely that he'll be able to completely quit working and only concentrate on acting. If he's very successful, he may be able to drop down to part-time work with more time being dedicated to acting. If he's EXTREMELY successful, he may be in a position to not work for stints of time when he's working constantly (as in he has a regular role on a series).

Here are some statistics for you, taken from SAG and ACTRA (the acting unions in the US and Canada): 85% of entertainment union members make under $5000 a year!! Of the 15% that make more than that, only 3% are making a salary that is above the poverty line. Of that 3% only 1% make enough to support themselves and their families with their salary. Those are factual statistics. They are not fun to hear, but it is necessary information for you to know. Do not expect to make a living as a performer in the entertainment industry. Although I know many people who have celebrity status here in Canada, ALL of them have secondary streams of income that they can pull from when they need to. And most of the time they need to. Even the ones that are hosts of their own shows, that are stars on sitcoms or tv dramas, that regularly book commercials...all of them have other streams of income.

So, with that knowledge, you can try conjure to help him find a job that is better suited for someone trying to do the grind and establish themselves within the entertainment field if his current job is not ideal.
I would use an Attraction kit to try and draw a job that is better suited.

Now, it's true that New York and LA are the two places that have the most opportunity and work for actors. LA is more TV/film oriented and films more comedies, and New York is more film and theatre oriented. Other very large cities, such as Chicago, also have more opportunities, but those that are really trying to "make it" generally end up going to NY or LA, at least during the heavy casting seasons. I know many people that save up all year, so that they can go live temporarily in LA for a few months a year during pilot season. So if he wishes to get seen by the LA casting agents, he may need to look into saving for such a trip.
The Money-Drawing and Money Stay With Me spell kits can help him increase his income, and hold on to enough to save towards such goals.

In the meantime, he NEEDS to - nay, HAS TO be networking. It's great that he's finding work for himself if his agent isn't sending him out enough yet. It can take 12-24 months for a performer new on the scene, and who has a good agent to become recognized by local casting agents as a talent they regularly want to see. So he's going to need to realize that, and be patient. Hopefully he's getting himself &/or his agent is getting him in for union casting calls as well as non-union. It's the union calls that you want to concentrate on - the best casting directors will be working on those project, and not on the non-union. But the non-union work can help bolster the resume and bring in a small amount of money in the meantime. Make sure he's dropping into his agent at least twice a month so he stays on their radar. Whenever he gets work on his own, make sure his agent and the local casting directors know about it and if it's a live performance that they are invited and offered comps to come see it. (Be aware that even work you get on your own, your agent is entitled to the percentage fee. Sucks, but it's true.)

Use Van Van spell kit to open the way for new opportunities, and Crown Of Success spell kit to help him succeed. Have him dress himself in Crown of Success + Look Me Over when he goes on auditions or out to network. This will help him get noticed and be respected.

He should also find the time/money to be doing whatever local workshops and training are available. Try to do at least one per month. Even if he doesn't feel he needs the info in them, they are prime networking spots. You'll meet ALL KINDS of people in the industry at those things, and you'll probably take away at least a few helpful tips. You can find out things like what other agencies might be out that that are a better fit for him if his agent still isn't sending him out for stuff 6 months from now. You'll find out about indy projects from other performers. You'll meet and get to be friends with people who are likely making their own web content, and who might invite him to audition or just outright be in it. Etc.

If he has the resources to write and produce his own digital content that helps showcase him, DO IT. The internet has changed how the industry works, and nowadays producing your own content and getting it online is a prime way to get noticed. It's super low-budget (assuming he and some of his friends have a half-way decent camera), and if it's good quality can really open doors.

I would actually suggest crafting a Van Van + Success fixed lamp that you can keep burning 24/7 on his acting career. He's going to want and need to constant momentum, not just candles burned when a specific job is coming up. You can certainly do that! But you want something working ALL THE TIME on this. I would also suggest that he carry a Triple-Strength Crown Of Success mojo on his person at all times, and especially when out with other people in the industry.

Hope that helps. Be realistic. Work the system. Work your conjure. You may be surprised at what pops up. But ALWAYS have a reliable stream of income available that is not dependent on acting.

sylphide12
Newly Registered

Unread post by sylphide12 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:08 am

Thank you both! Only seeing these posts today (9/14-- thought I had checked "notify me") but had already decided on Attraction Kit. This confirms my decision ;-) And thinking to use pix of men playing accordion & piano (issues with envious women bandmates in the past, a sad thing, but don't want to invite trouble). Yes! about St. Cecilia, I have a large repro of a painting depicting her, by Orazio Gentileschi, on the wall above my piano.

Hex2

Unread post by Hex2 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:00 pm

As an actor and practitioner I was wondering if anyone had any helpful advice about which oils, powders or candles would work best for landing acting jobs or what combinations work the best. Thanks in advance :)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:13 pm

Look Me Over Spiritual Supplies (http://www.luckymojo.com/lookmeover.html), Crown of Success Spiritual Supplies (http://www.luckymojo.com/crownofsuccess.html) and Attraction (http://www.luckymojo.com/attraction.html) Spiritual Supplies are appropriate for your desires.

Hex2

Unread post by Hex2 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:29 pm

Thank you!

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:31 pm

Jwmcclin always gives great advice!

bronzeartist21

Unread post by bronzeartist21 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:26 am

Hello, I am in a state of frustration, which i'm sure doesn't help my cause. I have been trying to make a change in my life, and get my art career going. I make cast bronze sculpture and it's what I want to do full time. Presently i'm trying to get enough pieces cast to get a web site up, and get a gallery showing somewhere. I have several pieces sculpted, a few cast in bronze, and one sitting at the foundry which was cast and I owe them $900. To pick it up. Trouble is the weeks keep going by and I can't seem to eke out enough money to get my castings done, so that I can advance my plans! Bronze is an expensive medium to work in but i'm drawn to it passionately. I am approaching a very good planetary transit period between november and february that will have very positive impact on my career, so i'm trying to get my artpeices done and do whatever I can to align myself for this period. Any suggestions? I need to manifest money!!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:38 am

You may want to get some divination done to see what exactly is preventing you from getting this money you need. Perhaps you are not utilizing all your resources and you need more help to market your abilities.

www.readerandrootworkers.com

In addition, Van van and road opener may help remove some obstacles and change your luck for you. In addition, cleanse yourself, and your space where you do the work. And lastly you shoudl do some money drawing work.

www.luckymojo.com/vanvan.html
www.luckymojo.com/roadopener.html
www.luckymojo.com/moneydrawing.html

Lumos de Fortuno

Unread post by Lumos de Fortuno » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:04 pm

So I'm an artist living in Seattle. So I'm feeling really really conflicted at the moment, I'm not sure if I need to keep trying to be a fine arts artist, or if I should go get a masters in Illustration or go study animation somewhere. So I was on the waiting list to get into this live work artist loft building for three years, I'm finally living here now but for one thing its expensive to live in Seattle and I can't find a job and I'm having trouble selling any of my art work right now. I had a show at the first thursday art walk and everyone was telling me how amazing my work was but nobody was interested in buying any of it. These were photo collages so this month I'm going to try to sell some oil paintings and see if that works. So I had a professor in college who was this amazing human being as well as an artist and she passed away from cancer and before she died she promised me that if there was some sort of afterlife that she'd look out for me, and I actually ended up moving into her old apartment (there was one other tenant between her and me). So it takes almost an act of god to get into this apartment building so I know that she's the one that helped me get in here but now I'm wondering if the idea was to really get me to live here or just to give me a big shiny carrot to go for so I'd get out of my parents house. Like living here is really amazing, and it does make me realize that I really needed to get out of my parents house and I really needed something I truly wanted to be able to get off my ass and do it.

I mean I love it here, and I could really and truly be happy here if I could find the money to support myself, but I'm not sure whether or not I'm supposed to be taking a different path. Like I know if I could live anywhere in the world it would probably be Key West Florida, and that if I had my own gallery on Duval like right by Wet Paint and Margaritaville, in that little area I could make really amazing money but that takes a LOT of finances. Basically I think I'm supposed to become both an illustrator and a fine arts artist living in Key West with one of those places where its a storefront gallery in front, a studio in back and an attached apartment upstairs. So number one is that regardless I'm paid up till April and I'm in a year lease that ends I believe January of 2013, so I've got a while till I can move down there anyway. Basically I need to make as much money as possible and figuring out a way to do that is what I'm looking for. Don't get me wrong, some readings about my artistic path would be amazing, but for now I need to be able to support myself. I keep applying for jobs and I'm not getting any, and unfortunately I've learned recently that regardless of where you're at if its not a tourist spot its hard to sell art. I'm not sure if I need to just find a gallery that can sell my work somewhere touristy, or what. I've tried applying for all the shitty crap jobs. I need something that will pay my bills, at least for a while.

I think eventually my goal needs to be to win Work of Art on Bravo and use the money to open my own gallery in Key West. Everything I do though for the last few years feels like I'm getting stuck in the mud and it feels like the only time I get anywhere is when I get a spiritual tow from Su (my professor), and she's got other people she's looking after to. I could seriously use some help.

Flora
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Flora » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 am

The world needs more artists! I mean this. My husband is an artist and I can not tell you how hard it is to keep a gallery open. It sounds like you have a vision of an outstanding goal on Bravo but you need to fill in the blanks for what has to happen before then. First give some thanks to your art prof who is helping out on the otherside - leave her an offering of her favorite food or drink to let her know that you see her hand in your life. That way she has some energy to keep helping plus it will let her know that you are open to her interacting in your life.
Reading everything that you have written sounds like you are facing the blank canvas of your future and you have some fear of making the first mark because it might really screw up the whole painting. I would suggest a clarity working. Here is the jist of it.
You will need four white candles: one represents illustration school, one represents annimation, one that represents staying in Seattle and one that represents moving to the Keys. Annoint each candle with psychic vision & king solomon oil. Pick a day of the week to start the work and on that day light the candle that represents illustration school. Sit down and write out 21 reasons for getting your master's degree. If you can not get past 10 reasons then set the list asside. One the next day pick the next candle and start the list again for annimation school. Continue this until you get through all the candles and all the lists. Hopefully at the end of the four candles you will see something clearly about the path you are headed toward. From that point sit down and engage your left brain to help you make a plan for moving forward.
If you need more help with this pm me.
Best of Blessings & keep making art!
Flora
Certified Graduate #1658
"A wise woman will make more opportunities than she finds."

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:38 am

Lumos: Also remember to NETWORK your butt off! Every single one of my many friends is an artist; tattoo, illustration, fine art, painting, etc. The ones that have been most successful are the ones that get their work up everywhere! Offer to design gig flyers for a band you like or are friends with. Start a Tumblr, get a cheap website up and going, join Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc and keep them updated and full of pictures of your work. It's all about networking and finding the opportunities where you least expect it. Start group shows where each artist only needs to enter one or two pieces and have the shows in your living room, or at a coffee shop that would host. Keep at it, love what you do, and get that idea out there! Do this along with Rootwork and you have a powerful recipe for Success!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

nana664

Unread post by nana664 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:58 am

Any advice on what an actress can do to get chosen for auditions? She gets very VERY few auditions because she doesn't have "the look". In that business, looks are everything and if they don't like a woman's headshots, you don't get the time of day. The headshots are seen online. Thank you.
Thank you St. Anthony, for all you've done for me

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:12 pm

Dust the pictures with Look Me Over and Crown of Success powders.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Money, Business, Finances, Job, Career, Gambling”