Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Herbs and Roots LMCCo Doesn't Carry: Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
Kyra2

Re: Herbs and Roots LMCCo Doesn't Carry: Questions and Answers

Unread post by Kyra2 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:04 am

This thread is fascinating. I am an avid gardener and have just finished putting in a bunch of sacred landscaping. I'm always looking for new things to plant. Of course the growing season is winding down here in New England, so this project will have to wait until spring.

MiracleMaxxwell

Unread post by MiracleMaxxwell » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

I was given the directions on making a sweet bath from a Houngan and the recipe calls for Saca Saca. I was told if I am not able to find this that I can substitute rosemary.

Is anyone familiar with this herb and have any idea who sells this in authentic form?

Have a wonderful weekend.

Vicki
Miracle Maxxwell's Mom

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 pm

This forum is for LuckyMojo products, not general herbal/folk magic questions. We can't answer your questions about substituting one herb for another out side of the hoodoo tradition. This is the list of all the herbs LuckyMojo sellshttp://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatherbs.html. Ask the person that told you the bath maybe?
HRCC Student #1559

MiracleMaxxwell

Unread post by MiracleMaxxwell » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:08 pm

Hello Discordia,

I am aware of that. However I do know that herbs can have numerous names from different cultures. In this case I found out that Saka Saka is Yucca which Cat does talk about in her book. Thanks for the help though.

Vicki

bluesprof

Unread post by bluesprof » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:20 am

I have a Black cat bone that I was given by a worker in the South. It's a long bone from the leg. It has been fixed. Would it detract from its usefulness to cut it into several smaller pieces for use in mojo bags or other purposes, or must it be kept intact?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:24 am

This is a forum for LuckyMojo products, not a general hoodoo or folk magic forum and so I believe your question is out side of this forums scope as it has nothing to do with LuckyMojo spiritual supply's.
HRCC Student #1559

bluesprof

Unread post by bluesprof » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:07 am

so sorry

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:31 pm

bluesprof wrote:I have a Black cat bone that I was given by a worker in the South. It's a long bone from the leg. It has been fixed. Would it detract from its usefulness to cut it into several smaller pieces for use in mojo bags or other purposes, or must it be kept intact?
As HD pointed out, its kind of out of the purview of the forum. I would ask the worker who gave it to you what they recommend.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

bluesprof

Unread post by bluesprof » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:52 pm

I would do that, but she was a very old woman and is no longer on this plane

blackforrest

Unread post by blackforrest » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:20 am

Is there a method or spell to verify if a cat bone is actually a black cat bone?

and as for using it, how to bring back a lover, other than carrying it as a mojo?

can i rub the appropriate oil on it and can i place it beside my honey jar?

can i also place it with my candle spell?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:54 am

Um, well first, LuckyMojo doesn't sell black cat bones\. The ones you can buy through disreputable occult shops are usually chicken bones, really they are just a scam to rope in money, if you want a real black cat bone you have to get it yourself, not a pleasant thing nor something I advocate anyone doing for any reason.
HRCC Student #1559

thetallstranger

Unread post by thetallstranger » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:51 am

I'm looking to start an herb garden for things I need, and wonder where I can get seeds for such items, a lot of things are commonly available, but I havent found a place to by John the conquerer root seeds. Where can I look?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:18 am

Sorry but this forum is for LuckyMojo products, not general hoodoo questions. But to try and give you some help High John comes from a kind of morning glory and you might be able to get a green house to order the plant or seeds for you. As long as you have the Latin name for it.
HRCC Student #1559

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:30 am

thetallstranger wrote:I'm looking to start an herb garden for things I need, and wonder where I can get seeds for such items, a lot of things are commonly available, but I havent found a place to by John the conquerer root seeds. Where can I look?
HD is right, we cannot advise you on how to order seeds and plants. However, I have found that in looking for hoodoo plants and herbs knowing the latin binomials really helps. You can browse any of these titles from lucky mojo and they will help you in your ordering, procuring, and identifying: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html#botany

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

thetallstranger

Unread post by thetallstranger » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:35 pm

thanks to both of you :)

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:59 am

It is unlikely that you could get a black cat bone from a reputable dealer; even if you could, traditionally the cat would have to die a horrible death. Not only would it be immoral and illegal (animal cruelty), but there would be no guarantee that the cat was black or it was killed in the (extremely cruel) traditional manner.

In the unlikely circumstance that you actually have a black cat bone from a cat killed in the traditional manner, I think you should give it a decent burial with catnip. Ask the poor creature's forgiveness for the cruelty of humans and make a donation to an animal shelter.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:56 am

As a side note,a bone from a black cat that died natural isnt special at all. Every single mention of getting a black cat bone makes it clear that the cats painful and horrible death is a key part of the bones power. So unless you know for a fact that they cat was boiled alive (either in a cemetery or at a crossroads depending on who you ask) it isn't worth anything. If you research a bit yes you might be able to identify it as a cat bone but you won't be able to tell if it was from a black cat or if it was gotten in the traditional way. If and that;s a big if it is a real black cat bone and if it was gotten in the "right" way, no simply setting it next to a honey jar wouldn't do much in my option.
HRCC Student #1559

Jinglepop

Unread post by Jinglepop » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:17 am

Well, uh. (Forgive me animal lovers and workers here who are more of the white-end of the spectrum. I'm mostly black.)

Want the black cat bone? Go get it alive. Get a massive vat. Chuck cat into vat, half filled with water. You don't want to boil a drowned cat. Seal vat shut with holes for air and excess liquid to get out. Light it up.

Be prepared to be scarred for life psychologically and emotionally for doing it.

LightTheWorld
Newly Registered

Unread post by LightTheWorld » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:17 pm

Hi all, sorry I'm not sure whether I am posting this in the right place... Please let me know if not.

I am very much a newbie to hoodoo (couple of months practice only) and I am seeing some weird things happening just in the past 2 weeks, around insects and spiders. I'll always look for a rational explanation before an esoteric one, so at first when I started seeing a lot more insects and spiders around than usual, I put it down to the start of the hot weather, but now things are getting odd..

A few examples:
1. As I settled down to start on my ongoing spellwork one evening, I felt like someone was watching me (but couldn't be). I looked over my shoulder and a big silvery spider was sitting on the wall just over my shoulder appearing to watch what I was doing. :? Now I know some people say you shouldn't kill spiders, but I wasn't leaving that there! So yes I squished it, apologising out loud as I did, and heard myself say (didn't intend to) "If that was meant to be a good sign, sorry! But please... try a butterfly!!"

2. Couple of days after that I was driving to work, and had to drive right through an enormous swarm of bees right across the road! 2 of them hitched a ride on the windshield for about 15 mins, when I came to a 2nd swarm even bigger, and those 2 flew off into it. What the? :shock:

3. Last night my kids started screaming in the hallway, and I came around the corner to see a medium sized black spider lying on the ground with dozens of baby spiders flowing out of it. The mama spider appeared to be dead or dying (the kids didn't touch it, they'd just found it there). Once again, I killed them - sorry, but no way am I having them infest the house.

These are just the weirder examples... Can anyone suggest what's going on?

For what it's worth, the bees didn't unsettle me at all - it actually felt like a nice thing, if bizarre. The spiders though are making me uneasy. I have searched on LM, and found some interesting info, but still not sure how to take this.

Anyone who can help, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:49 am

I'm sorry but this forum is to help people chose and use LuckyMojo products. Its not a general occult or folk magic discussion board. I can however recommend that you see a reader at the AIRR, many of them are well versed in omens and portents and should be able to divine what it all means.

AIRR: http://www.readersandrootworkers.org
HRCC Student #1559

MiracleMaxxwell

Unread post by MiracleMaxxwell » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Hello, after searching the herb magic website and the lucky mojo website I do not see anything about the use of acorns in hoodoo.
I keep being drawn to acorns and I am sure their must be a use but I am stuck to find one. A friend of mine from AIRR suggested jar spells. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Vicki
Figlia

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:26 pm

iv used them in love spells and frienship spells, this was a gypsie spell though, not hoodoo. what part of them draws you to them? that might indicate how to use them, look at other cultures associated with them which are also part of hoodoo to see how to use them in spells.
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:03 pm

I'm fairly new to hoodoo (more of a folk magick:Hex gal), but it stands to reason that pretty much everywhere oak trees grow, the magickal people of the culture revere both the oak and the acorn. In the Appalachias where there is a large Germanic influence acorns are regarded as protective, particularly against lightning -- acorns are strung and hung in windows and barns. Native Americans looked to the oak and the acorn for many staples, not the least of which was acorn flour. So you could associate it also with abundance. There is an old saying in So. West Virginia that you shouldn't "let the oak catch you" looking at the acorns. Even in these times, as disconnected as most people are from nature, I will still hear people discussing the acorn crop (known as "mast") because it plays such a large role in the well-being of wildlife.

To point: While I couldn't find any directly related hoodoo information regarding acorns, they obviously call to you and are rich in magick for many. Why not take it upon yourself to work the acorns into your altar or mojo? You can attempt to incorporate them into a Hoodoo type working by annointing your acorns with the oil that would correspond to your purpose. Personally, I would think they would be very appropriate for situations where strength and steadfastness are needed. They also tie in (for me) with veneration of my ancestors, perhaps due to my heritage. I gather some each year from the 4 different kinds of oak I have on my property and give them a place of honor in a wooden bowl on my hearth/home altar on the bar that divides my living room and kitchen. Like you, I am drawn to them...how could they be anything BUT magick? There's an OAK tree in there!
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:16 am

The use of acorns in magic and folklore is a European thing that never really got carried over into hoodoo. Nutmegs, which are imported, are used, as are Buckeye nuts, which are native ... but i have never heard an old time root doctor tell me to use an acorn.

Just because a plant exists, that doesn't mean that we are entitled to manufacture a use for it in hoodoo. If you want to learn about Acorns in magic, study the beliefs of a culture that does use Acorns in magic.

To Copperfox: You will not get far in this world or on this forum if you think you can "hoodoo it up" or give others advice to "hoodoo it up." That is rank bullshit. It is disrespectful to African American culture and history. It is Pat Boone singing Little Richard's "Tutti Frutti." On the other hand, if Acorns truly do have magical properties in your culture, then by all means respectfully use them as they would be used in your culture, whatever that is.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:55 am

To Cat and All --

No disrespect was intended by my glib use of the phrase "hoodoo it up" -- I meant only to imply that the known annointing oils and such could be applied to incorporate the acorn into a hoodoo based practice if that was what one wished. I am a pragmatic person and seek results through many channels but certainly would never intentionally disrespect any person's culture or traditions -- especially not one I am in such awe of.
I do apologize if I offended anyone or gave an otherwise negative impression. In the future, I will be far more careful in my wording, as it is very easy for written correspondence to convey a tone not intended by the writer.

Humble apologies from red-cheeked me! :oops:

I went back and edited the offending post so that my intention would be clear to all that I truly mean no disrespect and am here as someone new to this tradition with an ardent desire to learn and make use of this amazing magickal system. As an aside, when I am doing my own work I often talk to myself and will often say "Well I hexed up the homeplace nice n' tight" or such after a warding -- I thought nothing of applying a similar wording and again apologize if it appeared irreverent. Like a foreigner in a new country I am bound to breech etiquette on occasion and do not mind having my faux pas pointed out to me so that I may apologize and not make the same mistake again.

In closing, allow me to say I am pleased and honored to be here and that I truly hope to never hear Pat Boone sing "Tutti Frutti." Thanks for the educational ranking, Cat.
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

MiracleMaxxwell

Unread post by MiracleMaxxwell » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:03 pm

Thank you Cat, I was wondering and it is always good to hear if anyone else has read or heard/learned anything. For the time being I will just thank the earth for an interesting thing as the acorn. Possibly some crafts to enjoy around the house would satisfy my being drawn to them. Thanks for your input I appreciate it.

V
;)

catherineyronwode wrote:The use of acorns in magic and folklore is a European thing that never really got carried over into hoodoo. Nutmegs, which are imported, are used, as are Buckeye nuts, which are native ... but i have never heard an old time root doctor tell me to use an acorn.

Just because a plant exists, that doesn't mean that we are entitled to manufacture a use for it in hoodoo. If you want to learn about Acorns in magic, study the beliefs of a culture that does use Acorns in magic.

To Copperfox: You will not get far in this world or on this forum if you think you can "hoodoo it up" or give others advice to "hoodoo it up." That is rank bullshit. It is disrespectful to African American culture and history. It is Pat Boone singing Little Richard's "Tutti Frutti." On the other hand, if Acorns truly do have magical properties in your culture, then by all means respectfully use them as they would be used in your culture, whatever that is.

LightTheWorld
Newly Registered

Unread post by LightTheWorld » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:59 am

Thank you HD, I apologise for putting it in the wrong place. I have been working under the guidance of an AIRR reader, and after I posted it occurred to me I should have just asked her, which I did... but I let the post remain in case anyone had experienced this. No problem, thank you for your reply and I'll know in future :)

noa_2

Unread post by noa_2 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:05 am

Hey ya' all
If a spell ask for a bat's eye ,what should I substituted it with ? a picture of bat's eye ? or is there a special root/shell that is called "bat's eye" ?

thanx ;)

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:06 am

There is a bat nut that is used in protection work.

But it would really help to know what the spell is for.

That being said it could very well literally mean a bat's eye - so your best bet would be to figure out what energy that curio was bringing to the work so you can sub in something with the same purpose/energy.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

noa_2

Unread post by noa_2 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:54 pm

it is for protection against evil spirits at night time

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:41 pm

Ah - so it's probably taking advantage of the bat's eye sight at night (which is a bit of a fallacy since bats use echolocation and not their eyes to see in the dark) to help you identify and avoid danger.

Unless you have a source for bats eyes, then I would substitute something that has the same general effect. So you'll have to get creative, or simply just use another protective ingredient to keep the number of ingredients the same.

You could also have a reading with an AIRR worker and get them to make up a mojo or spell kit that has the same intended result. But you'll have the assurance of knowing that what they'll put together for you will be effective, rather than going by guesswork if you're new to the work and unfamiliar with all the various herbs and curios that can be used in rootwork.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:34 pm

Light a white candle dressed with Holy oil, Protection oil, or Archangel Michael oil and say Psalm 91.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Hausfrau

Unread post by Hausfrau » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:32 pm

I know that for the most part hoodoo is a Southern practice and that the American South isn't know for it's abundance of snow. However with all the excess precipitation that the Northeast has been getting lately, I cannot help but wonder if there is any snow lore in hoodoo. I am on the broke side lately, so I was wondering if snow would be good for banishing negativity(such as financial troubles and/or general bad luck) or road opening type of work. I imagine it as a "As this snow melts, so do my troubles" type of thing.

Has anyone done any snow work to banish negativity or draw opportunity to themselves?
I'd love to read about everyone's experience and maybe learn a trick or two.

I apologize if this is in the wrong spot, but I did not know what other section of the forum would be appropriate.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:47 pm

Well, personally i have never heard of snow and conjure having any significance in hoodoo. I would think that it could be used to freeze someone. But I would be cautious to use snow as a use for banishing negative or to do road opening work because if you are in a spot of the country where you are in a terrible blizzard or it snows for days straight or it snows one day and then it is sunny then it snows again...then you would hardly have an open road. Thats just the idea that I had. If you are on the broke side do a road opener, or try a fast luck spell for some easy money. Then back it up with some Money stay with me work. Perhaps you are going to have to get a second job if possible and you can use a spell for that.

I understand your thinking with the snow, but do not let the snow hold you back from getting what you might need. Ooh and also make sure you cleanse yourself FIRST. That is a good start to getting some of the bad luck coming your way.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:02 pm

I've heard of melting snow for natural water, but that's it. Of course, conjure is all about being creative - so play around and see what manifests!

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Snow is actually used as a source of "live water." You can melt the snow and use it in various baths and cleansings and it works wonderfully. Its just like going and finding a magical well, or other source of live water. Incorporate it in your work and bathe in the fresh, clean water, and wash away all the negativity.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:24 pm

I live in the northeast and while snow is not spoken of in hoodoo I use it in my practice. For example take the snow from their foot track the same way you would dirt and use it for the same things. Snow can be bought from a grave the way dirt can, and while it is not as powerful it does have strength.
HRCC Student #1559

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:18 am

Hmm nice thinking....See i know nothing about snow (at my elevation) since I live in california. ;)
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

kimberlyanne
HRCC Student

Unread post by kimberlyanne » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:41 am

What is the spiritual use for Wisteria?
Kimberly Annie

“How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone”...Coco Chanel

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:43 am

I've never heard of it being used in rootwork, not every plant is. Ask the plant what it will do for you.
HRCC Student #1559

kimberlyanne
HRCC Student

Unread post by kimberlyanne » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:32 am

I will give it a try...maybe even do some google-ing about it too. Thanks bunches HailDiscordia!
Kimberly Annie

“How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone”...Coco Chanel

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Wistaria (the proper spelling, as it was named after a botanist named Mr. Wistar) is not generally used as a plant, but Wistaria fragrance oil has some currency as being of use for luck, home-blessing, and business success. Its use dates back to the early 20th century.
catherine yronwode

kimberlyanne
HRCC Student

Unread post by kimberlyanne » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Thank you...
Kimberly Annie

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:48 am

If it is the same name that we use to describe a certain plant with a blue rain of flowers it is quite toxic.
Forum Moderator - Author - Specialist in Swedish Trolldom - AIRR Member - HRCC G-A #0321

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:35 am

Thanks!

gemini2

Unread post by gemini2 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:20 pm

Hello every one! I'm new to the board and had a question. I found an earlier/similar post but it didn't answer what exactly I was looking for. Any input would be appreciated!

I have a small garden space and wanted to plant herbs/plants that would be called for commonly. Is there is a list of traditional magical garden plants where could I find it? Any recommendations?

My ideal would be to grow this summer and dry what i didn't use etc. I just don't know the kinds of things people want to keep on hand.

I'm a bit away from studying full time at this point. I'm reading a bunch and learning a lot but its time to put together a garden and i figure maybe by the time I've picked up a few things it'll all be grown. I live in Washington state btw, but i can grow just about anything.

Thank you!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:31 pm

Buy a copy of my book "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic."

BOO-GRI-HHHC Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic, Hardcover by cat yronwode $39.95

BOO-GRI-HHSC Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic, Paperback by cat yronwode $14.95

There are 500 herbs and roots listed in this book. Check through the listings and see the magical uses of each herb and then determine whether that herb will grow in your climate and region. If it will, and it is appropriate for the kinds of conjure work you intend to practice, plant it and tend it, then harvest and dry it.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

gemini2

Unread post by gemini2 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:15 am

Thank you!

gemini2

Unread post by gemini2 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:54 pm

So wait, does that mean any Lucky Mojo brand Adam and Eve product (oil / candle / sachet / etc) doesn't contain the real herb? Is it just then crafted for the same effect / purpose?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:03 am

Correct. We do not make our Adam and Even Oil with ILLEGAL and ENDANGERED SPECIES roots in them.

About 15 years ago, i stopped making Adam and Eve Oil at all, figuring that since i could not get the roots, no one would want the formula. However, there were a lot of protests from customers -- they liked the smell of the Oil -- its fragrance has never been related to the roots, which have almost no scent -- so i bought it back about 10 years ago, with selected love herbs in the oil, just because people liked that particular blend of love-drawing essential oils, even without the Adam and Eve orchid roots included. That is why, on the "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" page about Adam and Eve spiritual supplies it clearly states, at the top of the page:

http://www.luckymojo.com/adamandeve.html

"Adam and Eve is a name for lovers almost as old as time itself. Originally based on the inclusion of a rare (and now endangered species) root, called "Eve and Adam Root," this traditional formula has been updated to make is ecologically safe, while still invoking the primal attraction of Creation's first and most Divinely mated male and female."

and

"Like the rest of the Lucky Mojo line, these products contain genuine reputed love-drawing and nature-enhancing herbs and herbal essential oils, not synthetic fragrances. The ingredients in Adam and Eve carefully avoid inclusion of the endangered Eve an Adam orchid root, but do include careful botanical substitutions such as Balm of Gilead Buds, plus other herbs and essences. Lucky Mojo labels are adapted from vintage packaging as traditional as the ingredients themselves -- and what could be more traditional than a label derived from a paining by the 15th century artist Albrecht Durer?"

And on the Lucky Mojo Anointing Oils catalogue page at

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatoils.html#hoodoo

it says of Adam and Eve Oil: "A primal scent compounded for love-drawing and finding one's perfect mate."

That is, we sell this as a scent-oil and do not misrepresent it as containing the endangered-species roots.

We are completely and proudly up-front and open about this and all you have to do is read our product literature to understand why we do not sell ecologically unsustainable botanical goods, why we do not sell botanical fakes, and why we do not falsely advertise our goods as containing endangered species products when they do not conatin them.
catherine yronwode

gemini2

Unread post by gemini2 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Well that's a good thing :) thank you for the info!

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:47 am

It makes me very proud that Lucky Mojo are eco-friendly.

kimberlyanne
HRCC Student

Unread post by kimberlyanne » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:48 am

I was reading about Adam & Eve root in my copy of Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic, and I am particularly interested in the charm for getting a proposal of marriage. Since the actual Adam & Eve roots are not available what should I use instead?
Kimberly Annie

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:43 am

It's not really a matter of using something else instead, you'll just need to work a different marriage conjure.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:23 am

You may consider Queen Elizabeth Root, John the Conqueror...Deer's Tongue...
Red Clover Flowers...as Devi said work a different marriage conjure...eg..look at the Adam and Eve vigil lights.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

aquarius

Unread post by aquarius » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:57 pm

It is spring in the midwest and I have collected four large bags of dog doo from my yard. Ideas on what I can do with these? There is a couple I would love to see broken up. As well as man I would like to see suffer a bit (he is part of the couple).

I also have several jugs of urine in my garage (my spouse drives truck). Ideas for those?

Thank you for any input.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:20 pm

Well, you could add the poo to one of LM's break up bottles if you wanted. You could make a crossing-type bottle with LM crossing powder and other herbs/curios meant for causing mischief and add the poo to that too if you wanted.

Just wondering...why do you keep the jugs of urine from your spouses' trucking?

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:45 pm

jujugiggles wrote:Just wondering...why do you keep the jugs of urine from your spouses' trucking?
For hoodoo, hopefully. :lol:
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:46 pm

Yes but jugs...as in plural! *shakes head*

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:59 pm

A lot of hoodoo.
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”