Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Mojo Bag, Conjure Hand, Toby, Gree-Gree Questions & Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure hands, mojo bags, nation sacks, trick bags, tobies, jomos, spell packets, Jack balls, and dolls.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Mojo Bag, Conjure Hand, Toby, Gree-Gree Questions & Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:40 pm

Millions of people perform thousands of kinds of spells and rituals for hundreds of kinds of situations -- but few will perform the same spell twice using two different items, such as a mojo bag and honey jar or mojo bag and an oil lamp, so how can we compare "effectiveness"? Also, each case is different. If one person wins at love and the other does not, can you say for sure it was because one carried a toby and the other performed a lodestone spell?

Those who like to carry mojo hands obviously find them of value, and mojos have certainly been around just as long as doll-babies, oil lamps and candles, lodestones, or herbal potions.

In other words, there is no answer to your question. It's like asking, "Which tastes better, tacos or burritos?"
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi all,

This is my first post so forgive me if it has been gone over or is noobish.

I ordered a triple strength hand from LM a little over 3 weeks ago. I called them to check on it and they said it was still in production. Then it occured to me that I don't remember specifying what sex I wanted the hand to attract. On some other sites they make a note of whether you want to attract men or women ( I am male looking to attract women).

Did I just make a big mistake or does it not matter? Should I call LM asap to specify which way I want my mojo to work?

I'm a little bit worried now... any advice will be welcome.

Thanks,

K.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Well when you get the hand it;s unfixed, you have to finish it, with a petition paper and prayers.

Unless you got a hand designed specifically to attract a member of the same sex you will be fine.

When you get the bag the prayers and other ritual actions you put into finishing the bag sets it to what you want from it.
HRCC Student #1559

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:01 pm

whew....Thanks so much for your quick reply... that's a load off my shoulders. Especially since i've been anticipating it for a month now.

The members here are so helpful. This is really a wonderful forum!

Thanks again,

-K. :)

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:20 pm

Hi K.,
None of Lucky Mojo's mojo hands require specification of the sex of the person to be attracted. With the exception of Lavandar Love, most of the Love/Lust-related hands (Come to Me, Love Me, Kiss Me Now, etc.) are oriented toward heterosexual love-drawing, and can be use by either gender for that purpose.
The only time one might need to specify a gender for a curio would be if one were ordering a matched set of lodestones for love work. Lodestones are often gendered, and can be selected and matched according to the genders of the people they will be used to represent.
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:06 pm

Thanks!

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:58 am

what is triple strengh mojo hand, is the same of mojo bag, what is the different?

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Unread post by J Simulcik » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:45 am

theusurper

From the Lucky Mojo site:
"Any COMBINATION HAND or CUSTOM MOJO can be made triple-strength, with many additional curios and a great deal more power. In addition to the usual roots, herbs, and minerals, my triple-strength Lucky Mojo Bags contain many rare and unusual zoological items, including teeth, feet, and bones. They come complete with a 1 dram vial of Hoodoo Ritual dressing oil and full instructions for fixing and dressing the mojo to get it working for you".
HRCC Student #1339

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:12 pm

thank you for your answer. so , if i order the triple-strenght mojo i just need to add the personal items when i recieve my order. when i order do i need to send the name of the target or not

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Unread post by J Simulcik » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:01 pm

I don't believe you need to send the name of the target to LM, because the personal concerns, namepaper, etc. are added by you when you finish the bag. Every bag comes with full instructions, no worries!
HRCC Student #1339

daviscol

Unread post by daviscol » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:50 pm

Ok this may seem silly and I am sorry, I am very new to this...when you feed your mojo do you just drizzle some of the oil right onto the bag? Thank you....

daviscol

Unread post by daviscol » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:55 pm

One more question...I have the triple recon mojo, while I am preparing it do I put the oil right in it? I also have some follow me boy oil and controlling powder, should I use either of that stuff in the bag during preperation? Can I use the recon and the follow me boy oil to dress the bag? THanks again for your help...

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:57 pm

theusurper

You can't "restart" it. You will need a new mojo bag.

Mary

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Fri May 01, 2009 10:20 am

daviscol

I put oil on my fingertips and anoint my bag that way, you don't want to put too much oil on your mojo or it will go from awesome to greasy, just a little dab.

Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Fri May 01, 2009 10:23 am

daviscol

If you have larger roots (like a Queen Elizabeth root or a John Conqueror root or if you have any "hard" curios like a mercury dime or a lodestone you may anoint them with the oil(s) of your choice that are appropriate--stick to an odd number--before placing them in the bag. I would not drizzle oil into the bag, traditionally you anoint the bag with oil after you have fixed it. You could reconciliation oil, follow me boy oil (assuming you want a man to follow you) and any other love-appropriate oil like stay with me, return to me, dixie love, etc.

take care,
Bri

daviscol

Unread post by daviscol » Fri May 01, 2009 10:40 am

Thanks for help Bri, this makes things much clearer, I should not use the controlling powder right? I am not really even sure why I ordered that...but it may come in handy down the line, just wanted to check it out. thanks

daviscol

Unread post by daviscol » Fri May 01, 2009 10:43 am

Oh and with the odd number thing, an odd number of oils? or annoint an odd number of things?
Thanks again

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 01, 2009 11:36 am

Since you are new to this, i think you should start by making a mojo from a known "recipe" -- as if you were following a cookbook. You will find a number of good, traditional ways to put mojo hands together for various purposes at my "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" pag on mojo hands, here:

http://luckymojo.com/mojo.html

In addition, for $14.95 you can buy my book "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" which contains recipes for about 100 different traditional style mojo hand combinations for numerous situations and conditions.

Don't try to reinvent the wheel -- study and learn, make a few bags according to well-known ways, and then you will be ready to design your own hands.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

daviscol

Unread post by daviscol » Fri May 01, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi Cat,
Thanks for the reply...I did order my mojo from you and it just arrived yesterday. I am planning on dressing it to use on Sunday, that is why all the questions, I want to be sure I do it right. I love your site and your store...thanks so much

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Fri May 01, 2009 3:29 pm

i have a silly question, i have my mojo bag and every frieday i anoingt my bag, it that right? one of my mojo have queen eli and john conq, can i anoint the roots out of the bag and put it back .

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 01, 2009 7:54 pm

Most people do not take things out of the bag. It is tied for a reason. Just anoint the cloth of the bag. Weekly is the most common frequency.
catherine yronwode

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun May 03, 2009 6:46 pm

Good Evening all,

I had a brief question. I am finishing up a LM spell kit, and it has a mojo bag with it that you make at the end. I have read on the site about special ways of tieing a mojo but never seen how. I was wondering how should I tie it? and should I smoke it when done? Or is the tie not so important with the kit. Im making the mojo tomorrow and want to make sure i get it right. thanks!
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun May 03, 2009 8:35 pm

Evry mojo should be tied -- but not every person ties them the same way. A miller's knot, a.k.a. a bag knot or sack knot (look it up at Wikipedia) is my favourite, but you can use other knots as well.
catherine yronwode

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Mon May 11, 2009 6:49 am

can i make a mojo bag and burie in my back yard and forget about that work. i asking becuz i think the mojo have to be feed or is not necesary? this mojo is for my daughter and her husband, they are having problems and i want them together, they have a little one and i'm pretty sure they can survive this bad time. any help is welcome

butterfly2

Unread post by butterfly2 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:33 am

where should the mojo bag be worn on the person or does it depend on the type of spell worked with the mojo or purpose concerning place of wearing? for this case, im doing an uncrossing & also the fiery wall fo protection. where should i palce these mojo on my body that can be out of sight? for the fiery wall of protection the mojo instructions say to tie a white handkerchief in 4 knots but also include the st. michael card. this is fine, but does this mean its ok to fold the st. michael card several times in order that one can achieve knotting the handkerchief four times?

thanks,
butterfly

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu May 14, 2009 2:58 pm

If you are a woman the easiest place to wear your mojo(s) is in your bra or camisole. If you are a man then the most common way of wearing your mojos is in your pocket.

good luck,
Bri

Miss Cin

Unread post by Miss Cin » Fri May 15, 2009 9:40 am

Hello all,

I wanted to know where I would wear my mojo to enter the court house if it contained a metal crown charm. My thought is that if I put it in my bra I could say that I had an underwire but i don't think that type metal would set off metal detecters. I don't want them to deny me entry or ask to see what I have in there besides myself, being I'm going in to court.

Thanks in advance,
Ms. Cin

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Fri May 15, 2009 6:57 pm

Hi Miss Cin,

The charm may or may not set off the detector, especially if you aren't wearing any other metallic items. That said, another option would be to carry it in your bag/purse, well-concealed. Or carry a mojo made without metallic ingredients.

Good luck!
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Sun May 17, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi all,

I just got my hand from LM and am about to start fixing it. In the instructions it says to work "in the night", does this mean anytime between sundown and sunrise or does it have to be before midnight? As a matter of fact this question can pertain to alot of other hoodoo spells I have worked.

Is it considered morning in hoodoo after midnight or is night all of the dark hours of the day?

Thanks,

-kel

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Sun May 17, 2009 5:37 pm

Hi kel--

In hoodoo, nighttime is after sundown, and morning is after sunrise (although 'soon in the morning' refers to that time just before dawn when the sky is lightening, but the sun is not yet over the horizon). If a spell specifies "In the night", I would read that as meaning to do the work while it is darkest--after sunset, and after the last bits of light have faded from the sky, but also well before the first rays of dawn become visible. When that is will depend on your location and the time of year.
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Sun May 17, 2009 5:42 pm

Thanks EL! So i guess 2 or 3 in the morn is okay too... I would almost consider that the darkest period of the night where I am (it gets mighty still and dark like a bottle of ink).

:)

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Mon May 18, 2009 7:22 pm

Hi all,

I am going to start working my hand tonight and was going over the instructions. There it said to 'let the candle burn until the pin drops and then blow it out'... I thought one was never supposed to blow out a candle in rootwork. Is this a mistake in the instructions or do they really mean to blow the candle out rather than snuff it? BTW it is a love drawing hand and not a negative or banishing one.

Thanks,

-kel

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue May 19, 2009 8:44 am

meyoufools

You snuff it out. Do not blow it out. You can use a spoon, or your fingers, if you do not have a candle snuffer.

Mary

sunseer88

Unread post by sunseer88 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi I've had a come to me Triple strength MOjo I have been working on since mid may. One night I fell asleep early and didnt get to fix the mojo that night. So I was unable to finish all of the work before the full moon as indicated in the instructions. Also in terms of results, It seemed to be working great then all of a sudden once Mercury went direct on May 30, 2009, it seems like I am having the reverse effect. Does this mean I should start over again, new candle, 21 days before the full moon etc. do I need to order a new mojo bag? ANy help is appreciated.

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:54 pm

sunseer88

You seem to be having a lot of problems with this mojo hand and that would tell me you need a new one. To be safe, I would just do another mojo hand. The last Mercury retrograde was pretty bad and starting a mojo hand during it was probably not for the best either.

I would start fresh.

Mary

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:15 pm

wow thanks for sharing your story... I wonder if that could be the same thing that happenend with me. I did not miss a day in dressing the mojo but right after the mercury direct my lover (who I think came about in a big part because of the hand) did a complete 180 degree turn around and flaked on me.

Do you think I should start fresh too even though I did not miss a day? So far I can't tell if its having the reverse effect or not but this could explain the weirdness of going from hot lovin to stone cold distance. :(

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:24 pm

meyoufools

Did you create your mojo hand during the last Mercury retrograde?

It sounds like someone touched your mojo bag and killed it. Did you let your mojo hand out of your sight?

Mary

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:20 am

no it has never been out of my sight and never touched or seen by anyone else. as far as when it was made I ordered it about 2 months ago from LM and just finished the 21 day fixing yesterday.

can someone 'touch' the mojo through your clothes? it is always in my pocket but my girl was on top of me so if it was touched it would have to have been through my trouser pocket.

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:56 am

oh! lol, now i wondering what maybe happened to my mojo. i wear my mojo in my bra everyday and at night i put inside my pillow, but yesterday i forgot and my niece was lay down in my bed and i'm not sure but i think she put her head in my pillow. she never touched or knew about it. do you think is bad sing? because today my boyfriend and me we had argument.

sunseer88

Unread post by sunseer88 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:46 pm

Yeah I wondered about the retrograde. the person I was using it for was great until about two days before then complete 180 its like we are strangers now. its very weird. I guess I'll just order another hand. But query. How do I ritually dispose of the hand I have now.. or should I just save it for safe keeping?

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:04 am

Wow sunseer, that is almost exactly what happened to me; VERY WEIRD... She texts occasionally now and we talk but she is so distant and cold...damn this sucks, i just don't understand... Maybe you can keep the hand and use it to bring a new love? If it hasn't been killed it is still able to work maybe?

What sucks also is that it took a long time to get the hand so starting over ain't easy. If it is due to the retrograde is there a chance that all this will pass too?

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:30 pm

can somebody tell me it's good idea pee in the mojo bag and pray and talk to the mojo for what i want,of course, love mojo :roll:

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:42 am

I'm interested in knowing the answer to this inquiry myself.
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:31 am

theusurper

One's personal urine can be used to dress and charge mojo bags, although I would suggest that you not pee IN the bag. One old gambling hand trick has the gambler's lady friend go out and pee on his mojo while he is playing to keep up the run of good luck. Floorwashes with urine as an ingredient are often called for in certain situations. As far as dressing the mojo bag with your urine, you can pee on the bag but not too much because you do not want to completely soak it. For love work however, it is best to include either personal sexual fluids with your mojo.

take care,
Bri

SouthernGirl

Unread post by SouthernGirl » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:05 am

I think you can re-use the objects inside the mojo that are hard - like not plant parts such as petals, etc. You can take them out, clean them with alcohol or Florida water, smoke them in an appropriate incense, re-dress them with the appropriate oils, pray over them etc. Now, if you don't possess the oils, incense or other items needed, you could purchase them from LM. I believe you could clean the bag too, but if not, you could purchase that from LM, as well, they're not expensive, as well as any soft materials that were unable to be re-used.

Personal preference, I guess. Or if you dont' feel confident of yourself, you could purchase the whole thing. Either, or...

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:38 pm

thank you , Bri. everyday we learn something new. you are very helpfull

Papa Rouj

Unread post by Papa Rouj » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:32 am

As a quick aside to the urine thing:

I was always taught that whenever you use a van-van wash or chinese floor wash you should always add a little of your urine to it so that it is YOUR personal cleaner....I've done it the way my teacher (Miss Vera) taught me yeeeeears ago and its never failed me yet..

Just wanted to throw that in there since we were talking about usinf urine.

mr.blessful

Unread post by mr.blessful » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:05 pm

Hello...how r yall doing...i need yall help...on this master.powerful strong gamblers root bag....yes im from the south..ga is my home...well lets get 2 the business....i have a high john root..alligator foot...5 finger grass....lucky hand root...rabbits foot...and my wish paper....so what oils do i need and what color candles i need how many times do i pray the 23 pslam and how do i prepare this bag..cause i gamble alot and play the lottery and i need this strong hand....i will thank yall if yall can help me

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:58 pm

Hi Mr. Blessful,

Oils that would be appropriate for your mojo include Black Cat, Lucky 13 (for lottery and bingo), Lucky Hand (games of chance involving the hands), Lady Luck (games of chance), Lucky Number (lottery), and Three Jacks and a King.

http://www.luckymojo.com/blackcat.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/ladyluck.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/lucky13.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/luckyhand.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/luckynumber.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/threejacksandaking.html

Red, Green, and Gold are all fine choices for candle color.

That said, Lucky Mojo has a range of standard and triple strength mojo hands for gamblers: Black Cat, Lady Luck, Lucky Hand, and Three Jacks and a King are popular versions:

http://www.luckymojo.com/products-black-cat.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/products-lady-luck.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/products-lucky-hand.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/products-three ... -king.html

All Lucky Mojo mojo hands come with instructions for personalization and consecration, a dram of the appropriate condition oil to dress the mojo.
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:34 pm

What do you do to prepare the contents of a mojo bag? What I mean is do you use the herbs as they are or wash the hard ones in whiskey or dab them with appropriate oils?

Also what would be an appropriate prayer to recite over the mojo for love drawing? Is there a psalm in particular? I also have chapter four of the song of Solomon. would this be good?

Thanks

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:25 am

The entire Song of Songs (Song of Solomon) is an excellent choice for love spells and can be used by and for a person of any religion or no religion, since it does not directly mention God. (However, many Biblical scholars interpret it as an allegory of God's love for His people.)
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

silverpony
HRCC Student

Unread post by silverpony » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:54 am

This is a very simple question, but I thought it might be as well to make sure. When I dress something, be it a mojo hand or what have you, I get the condition oil on my fingertip and thus dab it on the item to be dressed. I've done it this way for years, but I was wondering if there's a better way of doing it.

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:18 pm

Hi Silverpony,

What you describe is an entirely reasonable way to dress a mojo. Some sprinkle their mojo with whiskey or cologne.
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

LeBaptiste

Unread post by LeBaptiste » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:49 pm

I've used whiskey&bourbon, my own semen, bay rum, regular rum, cigar ash, fast luck oil, attraction oil, etc. You can really put whatever you want on it, as long as it's not something that's going to goof what you've got going on. You wouldn't want to put something like confusion oil on it. Try putting some different things on it, whatever is close to you at the time. If you're going out gaming, be traditional and put whiskey on it. If you're out to catch a woman, put cologne on it. I dressed mine with my own semen one time to keep it powerful close to me and it worked well, especially in the sexual prowess area. Make it personal, listen to it and it'll tell you most times what to put on it. If you feel you just want to put some new energy into it Van Van is always a good fix.

LeBaptiste

Unread post by LeBaptiste » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:00 pm

I've spoiled my hand before a couple of times. Sometimes you just have to divine how to fix it. There's no set rule, except that it needs to be cleaned well. Like SouthernGirl suggests, I feel you can reuse the solid parts like teeth and coins and whatnot, but you need to start over with fresh herbs, and a couple of times I've even sewn new bags.

If you feel you've really fouled it up, smudge it, holy water it, salt it and put it through the flame of a white candle, and do the same for every item inside of it, then bury the ingredients in a jar for however long you think you need to, then resurrect them. Make a ritual out of it, however you feel you need to do it, but make sure you clean everything a second time. Holy water it, salt it, smudge it and pass it through a flame, then dress it with an anointing oil and just flat start over. Rewrite whatever you put on paper, rewish your wishes, reconcentrate your focus and intent and take your time. And definitely use new herbs. I think if your focus is powerful it'll be close to you no matter what time you do it, but it can only be stronger if you do it on a waxing moon phase in favorably planetary movements.

Hope you've got some help from this.

LeBaptiste

Unread post by LeBaptiste » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:05 pm

sunseer88

My way:

A mojo hand is in a way, an agreement with all the elements you're carrying. If you feed them and take care of them, they'll work with you and you'll make eachother stronger. So you have to release them from the agreement. Divine or think up a ritual you need to do to take the mojo apart. Clean everything and bury it or put it into the river. I think for purposes of returning elements to the earth, burying and water burial are very good ways of letting them slowly and naturally return their energies into the big energy jackpot everything draws off of.

As far as the cleaning goes...my old standby is smudging, salting, holy watering and passing through a flame.

I don't see there's any major harm in keeping the other mojo around, aside from that if you're not using something that came from nature, you should probably return it since it's really just on loan to you, and you're not really the owner.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:10 am

Would it matter whether you were male or female, ie. would whiskey be a good choice for a woman to use? It seems more "masculine." I have been using incense smoke, sachet powder, and oil, but am willing to try whatever works.

LeBaptiste

Unread post by LeBaptiste » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:46 am

My personal belief is that it doesn't matter whether you're a man or a woman. Putting whiskey on your mojo is a tradition, and it's hard to go wrong with tradition. It's almost synonymous with mojo hands. If you're a sucker for nostalgia and doing things the old way, I'm sure your mojo is too and would love to get a little sprinkle of whiskey every now and again.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:44 am

Thanks, I'll try it.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:52 pm

cleopatra

I have used whisky to dress my mojos with great success and I am a woman.
Bri

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Mojo Hands, Conjure Bags, Jack Balls, and Doll Babies in Hoodoo”