Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Disposal of Ritual Remains Questions and Answers

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Disposal of Ritual Remains Questions and Answers

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:04 am

You could bury at the cross roads but you could also simply throw away or recycle. Sometimes professionals will start using stuff like that repeatedly--like you could use the saran wrap to cover the tops of other vigil candles you prepare or you could use the paper towel again and again to clean off negative condition oils.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Donnabj
Newly Registered

Unread post by Donnabj » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:44 pm

Hello Everyone,

I bought a Money Drawing Spell Kit about a monthe ago, I did everything just as it said. But I did not bury the remaining wax in my yard and the flannel bag has been touch by someone else. My question is...... Do I have to start the spell again?

Thx isis

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:20 am

The question is simple and the answer is simple. We have a tradition here in which disposal of ritual items is somewhat variable (there is no one "right" way, but a series of best, good, and poor choices) but if there is one rule that goes back to the first recorded history of hoodoo, it is "keep your hands off my mojo."

All i can do is shrug. You did the one thing you are not supposed to do, let someone see and touch your mojo. I would not necessarily do the whole spell over, but i would at least get a new mojo.

For a set of general traditional guidelines regarding disposal of ritual remains of all kinds, please see my "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web page "Laying Down Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains" from my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice:

Laying Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains in the Hoodoo Tradition
http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

In addition, these are the forum threads that deal with ritual disposals:

Disposal of Spell Kit Remains Questions and Answers
disposal-of-spell-kit-remains-questions ... 12316.html

Disposing of Bath Water and Floor Wash Remains
disposing-of-bath-water-and-floor-wash- ... ml#p120548

Candles: Disposal of Ritual Remains
candles-disposal-of-ritual-remains-t7525.html

Using Leftover Incense Ash in Rootwork
using-leftover-incense-ash-in-rootwork-t24073.html

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

jliscorpio

Unread post by jliscorpio » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:30 am

I was working a Crown of Success 7day candle and it broke within minutes of using it and the wax melted everywhere and then the flame went out. Probably not a good sign. I have not re-lit. So how do I dispose of the candle remains in this instance? Thanks

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:22 pm

For bad burns and such, I use a crossroads.
ConjureMan - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

sunnyone

Unread post by sunnyone » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:37 am

Hello,

I need some help/advice. Several years back I did a love spell and buried the wax remnants, etc deep in a planting area beside my house. Recently I started doing work on my home that required that area to be dug up to complete the build out. My intention was to let the remnants there and just build over them, however, as work commensed I was horrified to see the remnants appear, which were wrapped in a cloth just laying there. The problem is the person that I did the work on was the one that dug up the area and became curious about what it was. Luckily at that moment he got distracted by a phone call so I went and picked up the items. Not knowing what to do with them, I took them and put them into a clean bag and brought them in the house. That was about 9 days ago (because the work continued).

Things seemed okay afterward, but now out of know where the subject is acting very distant and not coming around me. Yikes!!

Here are my questions:

1.) Can the remnants be re-buried and if so will they still work?
2.) Is it possible to place them in a planting container with dirt & a plant for now or does the burial absolutely need to be "in the ground" to be effective, as I want to keep it near my home and don't have a lot of choices because we have zero lot lines and there's a lot of work going on around me for the next several months. The only areas I have undesturbed around my home right now are "common areas" and are shared by others.
3.) What effect will this have on the subject other than what I'm seeing? Can the current behavior be reversed with the same remnants if I re-bury it?

Any help/advice is appreciated and needed quickly. :-)

Thanks

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:59 pm

Bury in a potted plant.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Crankyfish

Unread post by Crankyfish » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:16 pm

JW - brilliant suggestion, glad someone asked this as I'm also running out of safe ground to bury ritual remains.
Thank you St Expedite ! :)

jliscorpio

Unread post by jliscorpio » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:14 pm

Thank you!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:59 am

I agree with Miss Bri.

I have a towel that I wipe down my altar with. It is a white towel I use, and then put it in the washer with a bit of cleansing products.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

SleepyMojo

Unread post by SleepyMojo » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:40 am

Hello.

a) I read in "laying down tricks and disposing of ritual remnants" that if one wants to work by means of spirits, one has to bury them in a graveyard".
b) I also read in "spells for revenge" (at the end of the first spell) : "When you are finished, take the bundle outdoors (to a cemetery if you can), dig a deep hole, throw the packet in, and cover it up. Walk away and don't look back."

Does this mean that burying remnants in a forest e.g. means that one is also working with spirits, although to a lesser degree than in a cemetery ?

Thanks.
SM

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:59 am

Well spirits exist in a cemetary since people are buried there. Now a forest probably does have spirits, but that is not where you are going to find their resting place. The only reason why i would bury something in a forest is if I didnt want someone to find the remains at all, especially if I was trying to hide them. If in this forest there was a river, then that might be helpful to me, or if there was an ant mound...I could work with...then yes I could bury it there.

Personally, I would either bury revenge work at a cemetary, targets property (my favorite) or the cross roads.

I

SleepyMojo

Unread post by SleepyMojo » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:42 pm

Many thanks, starsinthesky7.
starsinthesky7 wrote:If in this forest there was a river, then that might be helpful to me, or if there was an ant mound...I could work with...then yes I could bury it there.
The idea crossed my mind. Are ant mounds frequently used in Hoodoo?
Personally, I would either bury revenge work at a cemetary, targets property (my favorite) or the cross roads.I
Now a new really naïve question. On a normal road, the crossroad itself is covered by ...tar. *Burying* things there looks a bit difficult. So when crossroads are mentioned, does it imply "on the side of the crossroad" ? But how will ritual remnants be dispersed if I put them on the side, since nobody will drive or walk on them?
SM

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:21 pm

People simply drop them in the crossroads and keep going. Burying in the crossroads may be the more traditional, and old style way of doing it when there werent paved roads.

Yes Ants are used in hoodoo. You should get the Hood herb and root magic book to learn how. Ants are communicators,as well as they can afflict pain depending upon which ones you work with.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:23 pm

Read further about Ants (http://www.herb-magic.com/red-ants.html) in Hoodoo.

Here is the online website for Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic (http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html)

Additional information about the Crossroads (http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... Crossroads)

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Red ants are one example of ants being used in Hoodoo. However, regular household ants can be used to carry a message back to someone, or even be used for reconciliation purposes.

ants-questions-and-answers-t1026.html

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:19 pm

All of nature is filled with spirits, not just the cemetery. Conjure comes from a world-view in which the world of spirit permeates everything. Burying in a cemetery calls upon the aid of the spirits of the dead, but because we view all things as having life, rivers, crossroads, forests, and even just burial in your lawn are all employing the power of spirits to aid in your work.

These spirits of nature are not always named, unlike the spirits of the dead, but nature is still living so yes, you'll be working with spirits if you use any of the traditional methods of disposal.

SleepyMojo

Unread post by SleepyMojo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:25 am

Many thanks to all for your really helpful answers.
I have read the relevant chapter in HHRM now (I had started reading it from cover to cover ...and I hadn't reached the page mentioning the ants yet :) and things are clear now.
Thanks again.
SM

keirith

Unread post by keirith » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:03 pm

I have researched and tried to find the answer, but I have not found exactly what I was looking for on the forum.
Sorry if I missed it.
Would like to know the best method for disposal of bottle spell contents, (or other spell items) when you no longer wish to pursue your target.
Just want to cease efforts on a particular matter.
Thank you.

owlsfoot
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by owlsfoot » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:33 pm

It depends upon the nature of the spellwork you were doing. Since you no longer wish to pursue this target (I'm not sure exactly what that means in this context, since you didn't state the type of work you were doing, but I'll infer), you might want to take it to a crossroads and throw the contents of the jar over your left shoulder and walk away without looking back. And you can recycle the glass once the contents are properly disposed of.

There are other options as well, depending upon the nature of the work, such as disposal in fire or running water. See the following page for more details: http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Best wishes,

keirith

Unread post by keirith » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:58 am

Thank you Ellis for your response. I did read the page you recommended before I posted this however it does not really address the question.
It seemed like all these methods of disposal are part of the. The ways to complete the ritual for the purpose intended.
My intent was to cease using a honey/bottle jar on a person whose affection I wished to attract. So there is no negative intent involved, just the proper way to cease my effort. Seems like 'crossroads' disposal will carry away your intent in a negative type spell.
If you still think that is correct, to dispose of an attraction type spell in a negative way, I still have a problem with the bottle. Will not leave a bottle in the middle of a roadway (basically it should be recycled rather than tossed on the street). Cannot throw the contents over my left shoulder as the contents are fairly stuck inside the bottle (with honey and syrup), and it will take some time and effort to get the stuff out.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:33 am

Crossroads disposal are not limited to negative purposes, ariella. Read here on how to dispose a honey jar (http://www.luckymojo.com/bottlespells.html#deployment)

owlsfoot
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by owlsfoot » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:00 pm

ariella,

jwmcclin is correct: crossroads disposal is not limited merely to negative work. As I already said, you can recycle the glass once the contents are disposed of. I did not suggest that you toss a glass bottle on the roadside and leave it there. What's wrong with scooping the contents out with a spoon and throwing them over your shoulder, then taking the glass and putting it into a recycling bin? I'm a bit confused about why that seems so problematic or inconvenient. The other option is simply to remove the contents from the jar and bury them at the crossroads. In that case, you wouldn't want to bury the whole jar with the intention that it would keep working for you, since as you say you no longer wish to do this work; rather, you could bury the contents while affirming that you are done with the work and no longer wish to attract this person, and that as the contents are buried and returned to the earth, so the work is ended.

As far as taking "time and effort"--the time and effort required here is extremely minimal. If I felt that way about something I was doing, I would personally want to ask myself what the origin was of that reluctance to devote any time or energy to the thing whatsoever. Are you sure you want to be doing this work? Food for thought.

I hope this is helpful to you.

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:36 pm

i plan on doing the same spell three times in the space of two months, so it is sort of continuous except there will be break in between, i am not doing one right away after i am done with one...
do you experienced rootworkers recommend disposing each time i am done with the set? or should i wait until i am done with all of it and dispose?
i wonder it if would be more practical to wait instead of disposing of the same rams every few weeks....on the other hand, im not sure i would want to wait until the two months have passed, some of this involves cast off evil and i think it is better to get rid of stuff you want to get rid of asap...
just don't know the limit, the fine line when it comes to continuous work

thanks a bunch

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:34 am

I would get rid of it as you're doing it if you are working to rid yourself of something. You definitely don't want remains from that kind of thing hanging around.

For instance, if you are taking a series of baths, you dispose of the water properly daily after each and every bath. Generally candle remains can be left until you are done with that particular working - but if you are repeating a candle working several times, then I would dispose of the remains after each completed ritual.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:39 am

If this were a Cast Off Evil work, I'd get rid of that aspect of the work as it was completed. I might keep Cast Off Evil vigil lights burning during the 2 months that I was doing the other aspects of the work, if the casting off of evil was the main reason for doing the entire work.

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:24 pm

you guys are absolutely right..

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:53 pm

MaryBee wrote:If this were a Cast Off Evil work, I'd get rid of that aspect of the work as it was completed. I might keep Cast Off Evil vigil lights burning during the 2 months that I was doing the other aspects of the work, if the casting off of evil was the main reason for doing the entire work.

Mary Bee
mary bee,
when burning vigil lights continuously...do you need to put a vigil light right after the previous one ends?
is it ok if there is some hours, a day of break time in between?
for cast off evil, i want to choose a particular day to start burning them, so i would like to start burning the light on that particular day every week, this would mean that there will be a break of around one day between burning the lights....
i don't know if this is ok or if i should just burn one light right after i notice the previous one ran its course

thanks

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:31 pm

I used a St Dymphna candle and a St Michael candle (to cut love bondage someone placed on a friend). What do I do with the remains? I though crossroads but wasn't sure since they were Saint candles. Thanks
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:47 pm

I imagine these were glass-encased vigils - so recycle the glass. :)

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Thanks Devi! What about the stuff 'still inside..the herbs rather. All the wax burned up but still herbs.
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:50 am

You can scrape that out, burn it or take it to a crossroads.

cookie55

Unread post by cookie55 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:03 am

Hello

I need to dispose of a honey jar that hasn't worked for me at all. All my intentions were right but, the "coompetition" I was working against is much stronger than I. I've been trying this honey jar with personal concerns for over a year now. No movement or success of any kind.

I'm done with it, and the situation and need to get rid of it.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:20 am

You would dispose of the jar in a ritual method

You can either empty out the jar contents and dispose of them in a ritual way such as crossroads, or near your door step such as in a potted plant. Then recycle the jar.

Or you can bury the entire jar as I stated above.

http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Miss Ida Lundin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:17 am

I wouldn't dispose of the honey in a potted plant.
That would draw lots of ants to the plant.

A forrest is a better choice in my opinion, or rinse it out in a river.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:21 pm

Ants are actually okay as they can carry messages, and are great communicators. Ants are also great to inflict pain (red ants), and cause other problems.

So I know you don't want to pursue this man, but even if there is a small chance of bringing him to you ants and burying it near your home still may help you. Leave that up to the universe.

Mil

Unread post by Mil » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:48 am

Hi,

Can someone let me know how to dispose a vigil 7 day candle?. Is this to be burn at a crossroad?. or are any other ways?.

Thanks.

deep_waters79
HRCC Student

Unread post by deep_waters79 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:47 am

Many spells/baths are to be done before dawn of that day. Now the day officially begins at 12:00 a.m. midnight. So can you start the spell anytime before dawn? For example if I wanted to start a spell on Wednesday can I stay up Tuesday night until 12:00 a.m. Wednesday and perform the spell and dispose of the bath water then?

When you throw bath water behind you over your left shoulder towards the East, do you face East or face West?

Thanks for all the information.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:28 am

Generally speaking if you are being asked to bath before dawn, you are working with the rising sun and throwing your bathwater towards the rising Sun in the East.

Midnight has a VERY different energy than dawn, and is used for different types of work that are tapping into the height of darkness that midnight represents.
Dawn taps into the energy and light and regenerative powers of the Sun as they are growing and spreading over the world.

Different workers use different timings and directions for throwing water. If you're taking a sunrise bath, then you throw the water into the East and the power of the rising Sun.

deep_waters79
HRCC Student

Unread post by deep_waters79 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:56 am

Well the spell simply says before dawn, not right before dawn. That's why I was curious. Midnight was just an example. I could of easily said 1 or 2 a.m. as well...

But if you're facing East aren't you actually throwing it towards the West because you are throwing behind you?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:58 am

You throw the water over your shoulder into the East. It's the WATER that is going towards the East.

deep_waters79
HRCC Student

Unread post by deep_waters79 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:33 am

Honestly I'm still confused. Someone else on this topic said face West so when you're throwing the water behind you it goes toward the East. Are you saying stand and face East?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:08 pm

Recycle the glass.

Joann Lee
HRCC Student

Unread post by Joann Lee » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:43 am

I have changed my mind about a honey jar spell and plan to empty out the jar and dispose of the contents at the crossroads. I presume this will deactivate the spell. I then plan to reuse the jar for a different type of spell.

Anyone think I should do otherwise?

I would love to see HHRM on Kindle. I have purchased the book softcover, and Amazon sent it to my billing rather than my shipping address, and now it seems to be lost in the mail.
HRCC Student #1730

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:55 am

The wrapping is not the same as a spell remnant. I would not bother with ritual disposal of such myself, but some people do. No harm either way, is my opinion; do what you feel best doing.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Miss Ida Lundin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:30 pm

starsinthesky7 wrote:Ants are actually okay as they can carry messages, and are great communicators. Ants are also great to inflict pain (red ants), and cause other problems.

So I know you don't want to pursue this man, but even if there is a small chance of bringing him to you ants and burying it near your home still may help you. Leave that up to the universe.
The problem with the ants is not from a hoodoo perspective as much as a plant perspective. Some ants can be very harmful to the plant. Therefore I wouldn't choose to do that. If I wanted to spread the sweetness through ants I would empty it near a nest, in a forest, park or yard.

JackieLove

Unread post by JackieLove » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:03 am

Good Morning,
I am new and I have a question. Tonight I finish my 3x Mojo Love Bag spell. The directions enclosed tell me to toss the remains in flowing water. However, now I am confused. Isnt flowing water for taking something away? I have preformed this spell for a specific person to love me, not to go away from me. Shall I just do the spell as instructed? Thank you for any help and explanation.
FireAnt

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:09 pm

No, some old traditional love spells involve sending the prayer out to the world by tossing it into the river. You can reference works like the ones with Job's Tears and Tonka Beans.

JackieLove

Unread post by JackieLove » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:19 am

Thank You ConjureMan Ali,
I am doing alot of reading on the forum, and online (waiting for Miss Cats books to arrive) and I got a little confused. I ended up following the directions and tossing it into the river last night.
I appreciate your help.
FireAnt

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:19 am

I like to light the next vigil light just before the other one ends. So you are literally keeping the work continous.

You don't have to start the next candle on that specific day. However if you want it to start on a specific day then start the FIRST candle on that day.

artemis

Unread post by artemis » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:06 pm

How would one start working with ants? I have a pretty busy area in my bathroom where they seem to congregate (very small ants). I don't have any desire to kill them, but where would I start with them if I wanted to implement them into my work? I have a long distance case I'm working on right now.

prayer10

Unread post by prayer10 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:50 am

I finished a skull candle spell this morning, wondered how to dispose of the wax... Found the answer I was looking for right here

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#disposal

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:48 pm

artemis wrote:How would one start working with ants? I have a pretty busy area in my bathroom where they seem to congregate (very small ants). I don't have any desire to kill them, but where would I start with them if I wanted to implement them into my work? I have a long distance case I'm working on right now.
You'd have to find their nest. I was taught one way to have ant's carry a message for you and it goes like this. At dawn go to the ant's nest and speak tot hem, ask them in the name of God to carry your message to whoever, then thank the ant's and leave three sugar cubes for them. Do this three days in a row. Obviously you have to speak your targets full name, and if you know where they are, mention that as well.

But as to what to do with the ones in your home? Get them out,lol. Well, you could kill and dry them to use in spells, the spells they could be used in depend on the ant, but you said you'd rather not kill them.
HRCC Student #1559

hapinys

Unread post by hapinys » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:14 pm

What are other options for disposing bath water besides walking 2 the crossroads & throwing it over your shoulder?

Living in the city of Miami, especially where I am, would be difficult 2 do without people around. I'd probably have to drive a good hour to do this.

Thx ; )

blessed1

Unread post by blessed1 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:53 am

I am doing a Come to Me bottle spell and when the spell is finished I was planning to keep it around to shake it until I feel the work is completed. After that I was wondering if I want to keep him close to me could I put the remains in a mojo hand and add in lodestones or something to attract and keep it in my room or would it be better to bury it as the spell advises? Thanks!

Miss Ida Lundin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:01 am

I would not take the spell apart and use it in a mojo, you could but I would rather keep it in your bedroom. Make a little altar-place with the bottle and a picture of the two of you or bury as advised.

blessed1

Unread post by blessed1 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:09 am

Thank you I will do that!

dimz

Unread post by dimz » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:50 pm

Hi,

I try to read the forum threads (though some are incredibly long) from beginning to end to find a solution to my problem before posting a question. I know that this question of disposing vigils has been beaten like a dead dog but I am still a bit confused on disposal. I was reading http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html because again I want to find the solution before bothering with a question that could have easily been answered had I taken the time to look. I came across the following written by Cat:

"Another question i am often asked is, "What shalli do with the glass containers left over after i have finished burning glass-encased hoodoo vigil lights or novena lights for Catholic Saints?" The answer is simple: If your petition was granted and you like the image on the candle label, you may carefully clean out the glass tube and use it as a flower vase on the altar. You can also use it for storage, placing cling-wrap or aluminum foil over the top and securing it with a rubber band in the groove at the top of the glass. But if you burn a lot of lights, you will eventually run out of the need for glass flower vases and storage containers, and then the best thing you can do -- for yourself and for the environment -- it to clean the candle glasses out and recycle the glass."

Now the part about if the petition has been granted. Now I am very very new and I am burning a compel /command/control candle. Now I have also read that as a rule you can look for signs after 3days for results. So do I keep the glass casing around for at least 3 days for signs that the petition as been answered as I understand every situation is different and results may or may not be seen immediately, or can I recycle right away after the candle has completed the burn?

I would just like a bit of clarification there. Thanks to all who reply.

stelz

Unread post by stelz » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:12 pm

ConjureMan Ali wrote:Disposal is more than tossing something in the trash. Please bear in mind that when we "dispose" of a work we aren't getting rid of it, we are taking it back into the every day world. It is an act that takes the privacy of prayer and spiritual work and directly ties it into the world we live it. We disperse from us and bring things to us at the crossroads, we send things away by the flow of water, we fix things into the ground by buring it, we invoke the spirits of the dead to help us by burying at a graveyard and so on and so forth. These are more than symbolic acts--these are powerful ways of harnessing the power of the natural world and bringing it into our work, or perhaps taking our work to the natural world. These traditions cannot be done away with without taking something valuable away from the work.
Just wanted to quote this. I think it was Black Elk who once said something along the lines of, "The power in any act or ritual is in the understanding of it's meaning". This is a clear and excellent example of that.

TeamTwig

Unread post by TeamTwig » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:04 pm

This question just popped into my head as I was reading through this thread... how would you properly dispose of the remains from a 3 candle moving spell (such as moving a target away from one person and towards me). Would you bury the entire remains in your yard, or would you separate out the remains of the person you want the target to move away from and dispose of them separately, since you don't want that person around any longer?

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”