Hi Curious Kate,
1. Yes - this and praying is how you ''work'' the jar.
2. You'll find the answer to this in the HITAP page on honey jar spells here: http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html
3. I suppose you could, but it would make more sense to stick to the same sweetener. Either make a honey or a sugar jar. Not a honey and sugar mess.
4. Personal concerns can be cleaned and reused, the rest will have to be remade.
5. Even the doctor can't ensure the success of a procedure, the same applies to spell work.
6. Some have quick results, for some it takes longer - it depends on many factors, amongs others it depends on your talent as a worker with honey jars as well as the difficulty of the situation you're working on. There's a lot written on this as well as about honey jars in general in the extensive forum thread on honey jars that I'd suggest you read through (it's long but it's more than worth it): honey-sugar-sweet-jar-questions-and-answers-t5536.html
7. Again, less is more. One petition gives a clear focus for the work and doesn't over-complicate things - it also improves the chances of success because a single objective is easier to work for than multiple goals simultaneously.
But again, I encourage you most to read the thread with the link posted in answer #6.
Blessings and best of luck.