Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Tip for the forum - how to get to the last page of a thread

Ask here for help or report problems with the Lucky Mojo Forum.
kmew1315
Tip for the forum - how to get to the last page of a thread

Unread post by kmew1315 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:05 pm

OK, I don't know if this is something that's been bugging anybody else, but it's been bugging me (and I've tried it on both firefox and explorer so it's not a browser issue). When I go to a long thread and click on the last page, it doesn't actually take me to the last page. I'll go to the honey jar thread as an example because it was a thread that I stopped reading for a while because it was too unwieldy to do so.

I go to the first page of that thread and click on "58" to supposedly take me to the 58th and final page in that thread. But I click on it and I go to page 6. So I click on 58 again and go to page 10, and then 14, etc. taking me 4 pages forward each time. For a thread that long, that gets to be a pain. But here's a bit of an easier way I've found to get to the last page in the thread. When I click on 58 from the first page and it takes me to page 6, I get the following URL - honey-sugar-sweet-jar-questions-and-ans ... 6s150.html The end part is the important part. It' ends with s150. html. I click my cursor inside the number following the s150 and change that number to anything as long as it's insanely high. In this case, I just added a bunch of zeroes at the end so that it ends with s15000000 . html. And bingo - I'm on the last page of the thread and I can read what was said recently without having to click through a bunch of stuff I've already clicked through 800 times already.

Assuming that I'm not the only one frustrated with that, I hope this helps someone. :)
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: Tip for the forum - how to get to the last page of a thread

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:20 am

I just click "first unread post", and it takes to me to the last unread post. This is located to the top right of the page on the opposite side of the Post reply button, and search function.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Buttercup

Unread post by Buttercup » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:27 am

wow!It's crazy, but unless you mentioned it starsinthesky7, I wouldn't have noticed it! :oops: Thanks to both of you for both ways.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:38 am

Your welcome buttercup. It was really getting on my nerves clicking through 65 pages of threads lol. I knew there had to be a better way. Lol

nena1974

Unread post by nena1974 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:32 am

lol. Stars! thanks for pointing that out. I cant believe I never noticed that!

WittyJackalope

Unread post by WittyJackalope » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:37 am

As an update: using the latest version of Firefox (5.0.1, just updated 16 Jul) under MacOS X 10.6.8 (that's the latest version until they get around to releasing Lion)
If I click on a page number, I simply get a 404 error now, rather than getting schlepped along some arbitrary length (it used to have something to do with the length of your open browser window in older versions of phpBB, but that code may no longer do what the authors think it did). Worse, on many pages the "new posts" or "last post" icon is broken, so clicking on it to go to the end of the thread also gives me a 404 error. I don't know if this is because I don't have a history in those threads (new user) or because this forum version doesn't like my browser, but it's not correct behavior in either case.

I've used many versions of phpBB, going back to when it was still a script-kiddies' proving ground (new update came out, within a few hours, a new set of security hacks came out). My older iMac is dead (s'why I have this shiny new one), so I can't test against the current one to look for differences. I don't remember threads acting this way last week, but that may have been before the last update of Firefox...
Lee Thompson-Herbert
Jackalope Of All Trades

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:38 pm

I think this may be an issue with your computer. I am using a Mac with the most recently updated firefox, and I tested out everything you are speaking of, and it seems fine.

B

WittyJackalope

Unread post by WittyJackalope » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:03 am

Still seeing it. The broken "New Post" icon only appears in threads that I've visited before, so the browser is saving the data for which threads I've read. This is quite annoying, since the tiny new Apple keyboard doesn't have "Home" and "Bottom" keys like my old one did.

This is intel-based i-5 quad-core 24" iMac. Snow Leopard (MacOS X 10.6.8) is probably introducing more bugs than the hardware. From what I've seen on the Apple boards, Lion (MacOS X 10.7) broke even more things. When I have more time, I'll see if Safari is as badly behaved.
Lee Thompson-Herbert
Jackalope Of All Trades

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:31 pm

I think your issue is your own personal computer problem. This is not a problem of the board. Good luck to you in fixing your issue.

pma

Unread post by pma » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:06 am

starsinthesky7 wrote:I just click "first unread post", and it takes to me to the last unread post. This is located to the top right of the page on the opposite side of the Post reply button, and search function.

Brillant!! And, THANKS!!
Thank you, St. Francis, for your protection.

clarissacain8

Unread post by clarissacain8 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:58 am

Since I am new at lucky mojo, I will need so many suggestion at various time. Thank you so much for the tips.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Forum Technical Help -- Post Here for Assistance With Forum Use”