Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Bible Verses Psalms Prayer Scripture Questions and Answers

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Bible Verses Psalms Prayer Scripture Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:51 pm

Tonight i am proud to announce that there are 151 new pages at AIRR!

Thanks to the work of ConjureMan Ali and Deacon Millett, plus the help of Miss Bri and Dr. E., our 6-month "Psalms Project" for AIRR has come to fruition -- the entire BOOK OF PSALMS is now online, inter-linked, and filled with FREE instruction telling how traditional spiritual practitioners use the Psalms to assist clients in the practice of African American hoodoo, conjure, and rootwork! As for me, i finally -- FINALLY! -- finished my technical work on the Psalms pages and have officially rolled them out.

AIRR: Category: The Book of Psalms
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _of_Psalms

I want to give special thanks for the splendid dedication of Ali, who wrote most of the intros and navigation boxes for the Psalms, and to Fred (and his partner Matthew) who supplied the 151 separate illustrations. I would also like to acknowledge the contributions of Bri and Eddy, who lent a hand when needed. My work was to plan the layout, provide the raw King James Version texts in html form, write the summaries on the hub-page, assist Ali by writing some of the individual page-texts and navigation-boxes, and to edit all of the texts and page-code for consistency and accuracy.

All 150 Psalms were completed a while ago -- and tonight i finally finished editing the entirety, and then linked every reference to the Psalms throughout the AIRR site to the Book of Psalms hub page, as well as inserting further mentions of the Psalms at every page on the AIRR site where the mention would logically fit. For example, i just wrote a new section on "Bibliomancy with Psalms" on the Bibliomancy divination page and upgraded that page with two new images.

AIRR: Category: Bibliomancy
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... ibliomancy

So... go to the Book of Psalms category-page and check it out --

What you are looking at is the hub page that leads to all 150 Psalms pages.

Click the links -- play around for a moment. Enjoy.

That's right -- as of tonight there are 151 NEW pages at AIRR. We have DOUBLED the size of the site overnight!

And again, my thanks to Ali -- this was quite a job, and your focus of purpose was wonderfully refreshing to me. From one Taurus to another -- THANKS!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:27 am

The page of Psalms is AWESOME and AMAZING--thank you so much cat and Ali for the incredible work y'all did!
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:01 am

Thank you ConjureMan Ali, Deacon Millett, Miss Bri, Dr. E., Fred, Matthew and Eddy, I hope I didn't miss anyone. This is a much needed and appreciated wealth of information. I have bookmarked it and will refer customers and clients who ask the all-time question, "which or what psalm is appropriate for....?"
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:44 am

Thank You all, Miss Cat, Conjureman Ali, Deacon Millet, Dr E., Miss Bri and Eddy, Fred and Matthew and all who contributed to the new pages at AIRR.

Ditto Miss Bri, The Psalms page is AMAZING and AWESOME, and jwmcclin for the referral to customers who ask, "which or what Psalm is appropriate for....?"

This is one of the many of reasons that The Lucky Mojo Site, the products, the information contained, the Members of AIRR, the BEST of the BEST of everything is all right here at The Lucky Mojo Site!!!

:D Hooray Miss Cat and ConjuremanAli!!!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:06 pm

This is AMAZING!! Thank you so very much to everyone who contributed to this project. I've already bookmarked the page, and know I'll be linking to it for clients all the time. What a blessing. :)
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:43 pm

I am very happy that folks are enjoying this set of pages. I noticed this afternoon that more than 150 hits accumulated to the hub page for the Psalms in the first two hours after i announced the site's unveiling here and at Facebook!

catherine yronwode

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:06 pm

Not only that, but check out this wonderful new resource at AIRR:
Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:04 pm

I agree with Miss Michaele here! The new addition to the Readers and Rootworkers site is an invaluable piece of information for all who feel comfortable using the Psalms! Magnificent work and something I will be returning to again and again! Hope that helps you Jujuman!

-Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:35 am

Thank you Ms Cat for the prompt response. I am going to try to book an a reading with you or one of the many talented readers (I am cheking schedules between today and Tuesday). My uncle actuallly told me it was ancient Hebrew late last night. He also gave me a brief interpretation of what it meant, a little scary, if it is what he says it is; but I have a lot of faith, and also faith in you.

You had stated under the crux777 that you liked this spell, and I liked the Psalm 94, also finding it to be particularly appropriate for conditions.

Again, I greatly appreciate all of the work you have put into this site, the forum, and the Lucky Mojo Products that I love!! I have great respect for you, those with whom you work, and all of those here in the forum, and I look forward to my AIRR reading!

Have a wonderful Blessed day!!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

ajohnny

Unread post by ajohnny » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:57 am

There actually are a lot in psalms that talk about with coming clean and being clean. You might want to check through those verses and see how that would appear with your product.

I find it nice that you could get a lot of quotes that could work well with crystals and baths, though you have to be very keen to finding them.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:59 am

The AIRRs Book of Psalms should help you out a great deal:

Rain42day

Unread post by Rain42day » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Hello,
Ive been avoiding and somewhat supressing my dealings with the name Jehovah. As one who was raised as a Jehovah's Witness, I avoid using the name when I read passages from the Psalms in spell work. I always replace it with LORD or CREATOR. The reason I do this is becuase I heard, and I believe it was on this forum, that Jehovah is a jealous god, and he/she would not take kindly in me acknowledging my ancestors and such.

However I recently went to a spiritualist, who told me that I needed to address this issue I have with the name Jehovah, that my concern might just be hearsay, and that by me incorporating my previous believe structure (Jehovah Witness), into my present belief structure (Hoodoo) this will only strengthen my magic.

so my question is,
Can I call upon the name Jehovah in spell work?
or will he/she try to block my magic if I do?

Signed,
Torn and Confused
Last edited by Joseph Magnuson on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: capitalization and clarity

SweetLady

Unread post by SweetLady » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:59 pm

I think this question is very much a question of personal choice. I often use the terms God, Creator, and Lord interchangeably in my spell work. Also, Is Jehovah not God? As I know it, he/she is God. If God/Jehovah was going to block spell work out of jealousy, I think that he/she would do so regardless of which term of address we used. hope this helps.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:45 pm

Rain42Day,

You wrote that "I heard, and I believe it was on this forum, that Jehovah is a jealous god, and he/she would not take kindly in me acknowledging my ancestors and such."

I have never heard such a thing and i have never seen it written on this forum by anyone. I really don't find evidence that you picked it up here, either.

I went through our site's search engine and found these things being said about Jehovah:

1) "what starrykitten asked was whether an African American hoodoo beef tongue spell, which includes recital of the 35th Psalm as an appeal to the god Jehovah, would be more powerful or less powerful than a variation in which one makes an offering to the god Ogoun."

2) "Cinnamon is part of Jehovah's Holy Oil AND Pine clears away evil spirits"

3) "I said some prayers to God just to be safe awhile ago and set my alter up with the IS candle in hand and commanded in Gods name (YHWH, Jehovah, Jah, Idoni, EL, Yewah, Elom is how I chant it) for the IS spirit to stay away from me in Christs name..."

4) "So, we pray to Lord God Jehovah. We pray the Psalms."

5) "Strictly speaking, Yaweh or Jehovah or God the Father, whatever name you use, is the great divine creative spirit..."

6) "hoodoo (which is primarily Baptist and focusses on Jesus or Jehovah or both)..."

7) "Most practitioners of hoodoo are Baptists or members of another Protestant denomination. That means, in case you are not familiar with Christian beliefs, that they worship one deity (Jehovah) and do not venerate saints."

I found NO INSTANCES here of anyone opining about Jehovah being jealous of the honouring of ancestors. So you must have read it somewhere else, because it sure is waaaaaay off of my map.

SweetLady is 100% correct. This is a matter of YOUR "personal choice." We can't sort out peoples' religions for them, and we don't let this forum be used as a site to get into religious controversies.
catherine yronwode

Rain42day

Unread post by Rain42day » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi Cat,

First let me apoligies if my original statement came off as if I was stating a fact. Believe me this was not my intent, as I was trying to relay that I wasnt completly sure where I heard this statement.

The statement was not meant to cause contraversy either, perhaps it was the wording I choose, or the sensitivity of the subject

Thank you for your clarity.

Rain42day

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:49 pm

Rain42Day,

Thanks for understanding. No apology necessary -- i was just pretty sure you must have heard that somewhere else, and it is not part of any African American tradition with which i am familiar.
catherine yronwode

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:14 am

I want to share my expirience with this trick, In the Bible Daniel 7 there some verses that i adapted for my trick of domination. This is my adaptation " I come close unto the ram and i got up against him and wounded him and broke his horns and the ram had no strength to stand in from of me, i trample it and do not there was who free him of my power." The ram is your target. This verse is talking about the ram with the two horns and the one with the single horn. IS ADAPTATION IN MY OWN WORDS. To finish my petiton or invocation whatever you want to call i have other verse that say " I will kindle a fire in which you consume from passion, desire for me and i'm the only one can turn off." Excuse my english, i hope you can use it this :lol:

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:13 am

Thanks. I love Bible conjure!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:44 pm

Me too, Mama Micki
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Littlestar

Unread post by Littlestar » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:11 am

Are there any psalms or scriptures that can be used to break lust. If someone is using there sexual side to control/dominate to break that hold/attraction?

Also, I know there are parts of the bible that can be prayed if someone is working lamps/lights against you, and cauldron work. I've been reading but haven't found anything...I know the bible teaches you how to create a dollbaby, I've read it BUT anything on breaking the work of one being used against you?

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:49 pm

For breaking spells and curses in general, Psalm 37 is good ("...they shall be cut down as the grass, and wither as the green herb"). Psalm 7 is very good for breaking spell work and reversing it back to the sender: ("Save me from all them that persecute me...)

Specific Hoodoo workings that take off spells or jinxes include the Cast Off Evil line of products or the Uncrossingline. Follow it up with Fiery Wall of Protection.

Reading Isaiah chapter 43 three times in a row will open your roads and break any spiritual holds on you as well. However, if you or someone you love is being worked on with a dollbaby, ideally the best way to stop it is to find the dolly and destroy it.

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:12 pm

Littlestar, this webpage will be of value to you. It includes the Psalms and their use in Folk Magic (http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _of_Psalms)
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

smokey08

Unread post by smokey08 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:34 pm

I just made my honey jar for reconciliation with my ex boyfriend we started talking & hanging out. I just wanted to make one so things can be peaceful & hopefully we get back to normal. But I lit a pink candle & was wondering is there a certain prayer I say when I pray to my honey jar? I jus prayed asking for our relationship to get better & to stop arguing. But I don't know if there's a scripture in the bible that's best to use. if anyone knows that would be lots of help. Thanks!

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:38 pm

Praying from the heart in your own words is always acceptable. Psalm 23 is the "luckiest" Psalm in the Bible, so you could always pray that Psalm. Since this is a love relationship, you may also want to read out loud from the Song of Solomon, which has a lot of loving romantic imagery.

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

Cupcake

Unread post by Cupcake » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:00 pm

Good question asmalls08. Me and my ex were doing the same thing. arguing. and i want us to get back together also. so i will use psalm 23 and song of solomon. thank you mary bee

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:34 pm

To calm arguing husbands and wives, the usual Psalms are 45 and 46 recited sequentially. See

http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Psalms_45

http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Psalms_46

Good luck!

BOO-FLS-KJVD
Holy Bible, King James Version, gold emb. cover. Doré illlus.
$25.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

Cupcake

Unread post by Cupcake » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:44 pm

Oh ok. thank you so much. I will use psalms 45 and 46. now do i say them after i light the candle or as i light the candle?
thank you. i can't wait to visit your shop in California one day

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:15 pm

Once again, to all those who ask about prayer:

You do not need to recite a Psalm or piece of scripture, but if you choose to recite from the Bible, you would choose a verse or chapter or Psalm that is appropriate to your condition or situation. For instance, Psalms 45 and 46 are recited in sequence, one after the other, to promote calmness and a renewal of love between husbands and wives who have quarreled; and Psalm 23 is recited for blessings; and Psalm 91 is recited when danger is near.

Here is a typical way to combine a scriptural prayer with ad libbed prayer, demonstrated by Hasan Green:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNvclTp4dUs
catherine yronwode

MarkiMark1776

Unread post by MarkiMark1776 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:31 pm

Hello Everyone,
When trying to cast a spell, I find myself getting frustrated because I don't know how to successfully raise energy. I've tried doing spells before, but the part that always gets messed up is the raising energy part. I find myself becoming unfocused and tired when trying to raise energy through chanting, not to mention I live with others who tell me to shut up when I do. I don't know any quieter and more practical methods to raise energy or even how to raise energy. What is the best and most effective way to raise energy during a spell? Has anyone had past spells that work because the method used to raise energy was successful? How do you know when you have raised enough energy?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:43 am

Hi MarkiMark615,

more experienced workers may have more accurate information to help you, but I haven't heard of ''raising energy'' (or releasing energy through a cone of power) since my far-gone teenage dabbling in Wicca (which is a fine method of working, although you won't get advice on it within the context of this forum which is devoted to Hoodoo and the LM line of products).

In Conjure, I focus on the outcome desired, psalmody and pray heart-felt to God (or the Divine if God is a concept that makes you uncomfortable) but don't ''raise'' ''power''. When I want extra ''oomph'', I'll pray over an item (usually the roots of a mojo or a talisman) for a series of days, usually 3, 7 or 9 days. Some work, like Prosperity, has a permanent place in my life with continued altar space and spells on it: that work is on-going and doesn't get the ''one-time-spell-and-it's-over'' routine.

Finally, if I don't feel I have the focus for a job, or if it's particularly complex, then I'll hire a rootworker to back up my work with their own or get MISC to set a run of Vigil candles.

Blessings and best of luck.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Lee Canipe
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Lee Canipe » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:17 am

I agree with Aura, "raising energy" is not part of conjure work. Focus of intention, however, is a part of the work. This does not involve chanting or trying to work yourself up in a frenzy; it's being able to see clearly in your mind's eye what you want to happen. Some workers also work by the spirit (spirit-led), but again this is not "raising up energy", it's allowing the spirit to work through and guide the worker. Of course, none of this makes nary a bit of difference if you ain't gifted for the work.

Lee Canipe #398 (G)
HRCC Graduate #0398

Lee Canipe
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Lee Canipe » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:21 am

PS I just realized there is one exception that might be seen as "raising energy", that's when sex is involved in a spell and you want that sexual energy strong and bound up in the work. However, that's still not "raising energy" in the New Age sense.

Lee Canipe #398 (G)
HRCC Graduate #0398

MarkiMark1776

Unread post by MarkiMark1776 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:55 am

Okay, now I understand. Conjure work focuses on the outcome and doesn't entail raising energy. Wicca, however, does involve raising energy and the "cone of power". This actually makes me feel a whole lot better :lol: ! I'm more of a prayer person anyways, and never grasped the concept for energy raising. Thanks for clarifying everyone. I will continue to focus on Conjure workings and LM products! Are there any handbooks of sorts regarding conjure work? Whenever I look for magical workings online or in bookstores, Wicca pops up as the most popular source, and tends to cast a shadow over everything else that might be relevant.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:04 am

I recommend Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic by catherine yronwode, the owner of Lucky Mojo. You can also read her free online book, Hoodoo in Theory and Practice.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:43 am

There are just a few things I want to say about adding power to the work:
  1. As Lee Canipe said, sex is a great way to "raise energy" -- but it's only appropriate to some situations.
  2. There are other techniques in hoodoo which a Wiccan might want to classify as "raising energy" -- but they are swift, simple, and incorporated as traditional parts of other work; such as "breathing life" into a mojo bag before you close it, or "knocking" a candle after you dress it and before you light it.
  3. I tell clients, "These things -- these herbs, roots and minerals -- believe in themselves." As soon as you pick up that first root, you are calling on the help of a living, intelligent entity for your work. Respect it, talk to it, address it as a colleague, while you dress your candle or build your mojo bag.
  4. And, of course, the oldest and most widely known way to "raise energy" is prayer. Hoodoo has its own, mostly African-American Protestant, traditions of prayer.
Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele

Edward

Unread post by Edward » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:04 pm

Just some deep breathing exercises can be a great (and quiet) way to feel more empowered when doing any kind of magical operation, in whatever style.

MarkiMark1776

Unread post by MarkiMark1776 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:45 pm

Thanks everyone for your advice! I will definitely be praying more often during rootwork. I feel more comfortable with that than "raising energy." But I will try to incorporate that as well as prayer into my rootwork and see what happens.

Brandywine

Unread post by Brandywine » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:31 pm

Even though this post is a few months old I just wanted to chime in and say that I was also a Jehovah's Witness and the phrase "Jehovah is a jealous God" was often used by other witnesses. It was meant to convey that no other "gods" such as money, love, lust, etc. etc. should come before your service and worship to Jehovah. I say this not to stir anything up or cause any controversy just that that particular phrasing was to me anyways heard quite often amongst other witnesses.

Jibrael
HRCC Student

Unread post by Jibrael » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:11 am

I'm also a former Jehovah's Witness, so I'd like to say something also.

As someone who now practices Goddess-centered Witchcraft, and who stumbled onto Lucky Mojo a year ago, I can say that Hoodoo has had the unexpected side effect of really helping me deal with some of the Christian imagrey from my past.

For example: the name "Jehovah." Using it in spellwork felt counterintuitive, but as Hoodoo got me reflecting on old-time country magic, I remembered my Appalachian grandmother telling me that a nightmare I had was a demon (I was very small at the time) and that saying the name "Jehovah" would frighten the demons away. It actually helped, at the time.

So, thanks to Hoodoo, I actually got a small pentagram with the Tetragrammaton ("Jehovah" in the original Hebrew) around its edges (modelled after a very old pentagram from the Seals of Solomon) to fold Him back into my life in a way that honors my own magic, and the "magic" of my grandmother (who would never in a million years call it that, but that's what it was). Hoodoo helped me restore a relationship to that name that was empowering and healing. It is doing the same as well with Jesus, and, to a lesser extent, with the Devil.

My personal devotions are to the Goddess and Gods of my pagan tradition, but in doing conjure work I have been using the Psalms, and the names of Jesus and Jehovah, with remarkable success. A word that only a couple years ago made me squirm with bad memories now feels like it once again is mine, and the childhood simple faith I had in that God is restored in a powerful way that does not dishonor my many new beliefs.

Everyone has to sort out such things for themselves, but this has worked for me.

Peace!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Student #1816

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:13 am

Thanks for the information. I recognize that the phrase is Biblical in origin, but never having been a member of that religious group, i was unfamiliar with the ubiquity of that phrase in that denomination's teachings.

BOO-FLS-KJVG
Holy Bible, King James Version, Hardcover, Garnet
$22.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

sweetnshort767

Unread post by sweetnshort767 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi,

I have ordered my products from LM and they are in the process right now. Meanwhile I am trying to collect the necessary items before hand so that I can get started ASAP. I have a few questions and concerns:

1) How do I save(preserve) my menstural blood till I use it? And how long can I preservei t for?

2) How do I preserve the semen I get from my husband? And how long can I preserve it for?

3) Can I have different types of spells for different things started all at the same time? For example: Can I have a financial luck spell going with the follow me boy and career success all gonig at the same time?

Thank you for all your help.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:29 am

Hi sweetnshort767,

1) there are many ways to go about this, read through the following thread (yes it's long, but oh so worth it) for lots of ideas on collection, use and longevity of menstrual blood (kept in the freezer BTW, it will last pretty much indefinitely): menstrual-blood-questions-and-answers-t4800.html

2) personally i use tissue to collect the semen, dry it and then keep it in an airtight container with the tissue. when I need some I cut a dried-semen-soaked square from the paper. keep in mind however that there are once again many ways to go about this.

3) Yes. This said, your ability to get results from that many spells at once will depend on how well you can focus on each work individually. When working multiple spells, I've found that having a rootworker to back things up or having MISC set lights on your behalf (one for each case) is very helpful.

Blessings and best of luck.
Aura Laforest

sweetnshort767

Unread post by sweetnshort767 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:54 pm

Thanks Aura for taking out time for my questions. I have one more quick question,
What books would you suggest out of the LM collection for me to read regarding powerful spells in general. I am more interested in a vairety of things like, domination, love, success, money, lottery and everything else. What is a good suggestion you think for reference for simple, easy to follow spells?

Thank you once again :)

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:56 pm

You can't go wrong with Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic.
Miss Michaele

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:08 am

Amen to that MissMichaele - it will remain my reference book ''par excellence'' and is already becoming dog-eared and written in with notes from use :)
Aura Laforest

sweetnshort767

Unread post by sweetnshort767 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:40 am

aura wrote:2) personally i use tissue to collect the semen, dry it and then keep it in an airtight container with the tissue. when I need some I cut a dried-semen-soaked square from the paper. keep in mind however that there are once again many ways to go about this.
Regarding this preservation process mentioned abouve for semen: I collected some in a tissue and then it was left to dry under the bed. It stayed there for 3 days and I did not have an air tight container so I kept it in my purse. Is it usable?

Thanks,

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Yes - use it!

pma

Unread post by pma » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:28 pm

This is an excellent discussion. I am so glad that I found it while searching for something else.

It reminds me of growing up hearing the same prayer before each meal and in the case of my grandfather, he always slowed down before he ended the prayer, while emphasizing every last syllable "in Jesus' name. Amen." My father says the same words my grandfather did before him, just much more quickly. Both Southern Baptists.
Thank you, St. Francis, for your protection.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:39 pm

Sana Mana,

Thank you so much for finding this oldish thread and bringing it to the top again by posting in it.

I am now going to merge it into the longer thread on "Share How You Prepare, Focus, and Pray," because the topics overlap and each thread actually reinforces the other.
catherine yronwode

pma

Unread post by pma » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Sure thing, Miss Cat! I will continue to "bump" threads as I stumble across various gems while searching for other things.

I'm glad the Lucky Mojo site has lead me to get back in touch with the religious history in my own family and some things I had not thought about in years!

*edited to remove personal information that was off topic
Thank you, St. Francis, for your protection.

Jibrael
HRCC Student

Unread post by Jibrael » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:28 pm

This thread gave me a lot to think about. Thank you to everyone who shared in it. I was especially moved by the Deacon's Prayer, and other comments on that sort of ecstatic devotional prayer that just comes pouring out of the heart. Those comments really touched me.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Student #1816

hapinys

Unread post by hapinys » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:41 pm

This has to be one of the best topics by far. When I do my work I kind of prep the comings days in advance. I never mix good with bad so for example on my good work ill just focus on a positive outcome and happy thoughts. Making sure its late where everyone is sleep for early when they're all out. Has to be quiet...i lay all my supplies out. Focus, look into my guardian angel candle and start off with general prayer (The Lords Prayer & 23 Psalm), annoint my amulets/rosary as I do my general prayer. Then off I go.....may take an hr or so depending. Ending in the name of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit...Amen & Thank you.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:23 am

Try starting your day with Psalm 118:24:
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

You can light devotional candles on your altar as you say it. Thank God for His gift of another day and for the good things in your life.

miziluvhoodoo

Unread post by miziluvhoodoo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:25 am

Hello,

I read two different Psalms Bible passages that works well with what I'm trying to manifest.

My question is, should I read both passages since I do feel comfortable with both? Or would it be best for me to just choose one?

Thank you.
Faith is the key to successful magic.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:58 am

If both fit, you like both of them, and feel comfortable using them, then I cant see any reason not too.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Madame Pamita
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Madame Pamita » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:11 am

I agree with J82 - if you like both, use both!
With love and light -
Madame Pamita, AIRR Member and HRCC Graduate and Apprentice #1704

kolikosmama

Unread post by kolikosmama » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:47 am

hi if one does not have this LMC stuff what other items can one get at home to make a wish or a wnat come true, apart from reading Psalms.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:23 am

Hi kolikosmama - this is the Lucky Mojo product forum, dedicating to helping customers learn how to use Lucky Mojo products effectively. It's paid for, and run by Lucky mojo for this purposes, and is not a general hoodoo forum. So asking how you can avoid working with Lucky Mojo products is not only off-topic here, it is impolite.

I would suggest that you take the time to read through Hoodoo In Theory and Practice, which is a free online book about conjure hosted here at Lucky Mojo, as it will familiarize you with the methods used in this practice. http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

I would also highly recommend that you at least purchase Miss Cat's truly excellent book Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic, as it is indispensible and outlines an exhaustive catalog of roots, herbs, and curios that are used in conjure, and also includes hundreds of traditional tricks, recipes, and ways of working.
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html

almondworld

Unread post by almondworld » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Madam Thabit wrote:
May God Peace & Blessings Be With You and Your Spirits
Do you know where I can find this spell at from conjureman that you mention? It sounds good and would like to try it but wanna make sure im doing it the correct way~ I typed in paper money but was unable to find it in the search bar~so would you mind telling me it or directing me to it ? 1,000 thanks
http://conjuredoctor.blogspot.com/

here you go.

TheNewGuy

Unread post by TheNewGuy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:44 pm

I want to pray to St. Anthony and St. Jude especially for reconciliation, but I can't burn candles in university. How should I go about petitioning the saints? Should I write the petition and then burn the paper outside or just verbally pray whenever I feel?

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”