Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Graveyard Dirt Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
bubslove

Re: Graveyard Dirt Questions and Answers

Unread post by bubslove » Wed May 18, 2011 6:37 am

Hello everyone,
A couple months ago my younger brother passed away from a drug overdose after a lengthly battle with addiction. He was 20. I bring white roses and lilies to his grave every week. White being symbolic of purity and being "clean" ( which is what he what he was for 150 days before using one last time & he tried for so long to be)

So anyway, I was thinking in honor of his birthday that just passed, I wanted to make a garden in honor of him somewhere on my property as he enjoyed gardening with me. I wanted to plant the white roses and lilies, as well as Mays birthflower. I'm getting a garden stone that reads "for my robby- as this garden blooms, may I think of you. You're always my sunshine." I wanted to take some of the dirt from his grave and plant it with each flower. Is this a good idea? I've read that graveyard dirt is usually used for harming, but what if my intention is to honor him? And if so, should i collect from a certain area of the grave? ( head, foot, heart?) Is there any oils or incense that I should get such a blessing? Any input appreciated. Thanks so much and sorry if this was too long.

Bless,
Holly

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed May 18, 2011 8:03 am

Your memorial garden idea is quite beautiful and will be a lovely tribute.

Graveyard dirt isn't always used to harm, it's used as a link to a particular spirit. How you get that spirit to work for you is dependent on the nature of the spirit and the nature of your work. Graveyard dirt can be used in healing or love or protection work, just as easily as it can be used in crossing work.

You can read a great deal of info about collecting graveyard dirt from this thread:
graveyard-dirt-collection,-purchase,-uses-t5465.html

You may also wish to consider gathering some dirt from different locations that brought him joy and peace and incorporating that into the garden as well.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

bubslove

Unread post by bubslove » Wed May 18, 2011 8:49 am

Thank you! thats a really good idea about collecting dirt from other places as well. And that link you directed me to, the date of the posts were February 14th- his death day. so I thought that was an odd coincidence. Also, I read in another thread here (not sure which one) that sometimes when someone dies young their spirit can be restless. You don't think ill disturb him more by taking his dirt? He's shown signs that he's around, not in a "nuisance" kind of way though. In that same thread a person suggested to wash the headstone in Florida water or annoint with blessing oil. I'm thinking of burning a white candle for him. Should I do anything like this with the dirt I take? Or anything I should place in the garden or plant there? Thank you again ( :

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed May 18, 2011 12:35 pm

bubslove

In regards to disturbing him. I was taught, and I believe that one should give the dead, specially those that "died badly" time to rest and become used to there new state of being before bothering them. So while I generally find it ok to pray for a spirits rest and peace and light candles for that immediately after their passing, I believe one should generally wait three years or so before working with a spirit.That said, your idea,I think, is do-able. Make sure to ask him before you take any dirt and to pay for it properly and so long as he agrees, I think you'll be fine :)

I think Devi is spot on here. If your brother went to church and had a good relationship with that community consider mixing some dirt from that church in with his dirt, I've found that helps greatly in soothing a spirit and helping them find peace.

A white candle dressed with Blessing or Holy oil and heartfelt prayer is one of the best things you can give a spirit who died badly, I whole heatedly support this idea.
HRCC Student #1559

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed May 18, 2011 9:02 pm

I cannot praise 711 Holy Oil enough for these purposes. Dress some white candles with this oil and light them in his honor as you go about doing the lovely suggestions given here.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed May 18, 2011 9:12 pm

Great information here.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

bubslove

Unread post by bubslove » Fri May 20, 2011 10:40 am

Thank you everyone for taking time to share you're knowledge with me. I greatly appreciate it. I'll put an order into luckymojo tonight ( :

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun May 22, 2011 10:59 am

Great thread...great answers from Devi, Ali, and Turnsteel. Thank you all!

-Joseph M.

MIN-GRA-DIRT
Graveyard Dirt
$4.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Luvsart

Unread post by Luvsart » Sun May 22, 2011 3:19 pm

I have a question about buying the graveyard dirt, be it from a relative or someone else. When you go to ask the spirit if they will help you with the specific situation you are looking for help with, how will you know if they will want to help or not?

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Sun May 22, 2011 3:23 pm

They way I know is I feel a warmth or pressure in my chest. A prompting from the spirit in my heart.
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice

Luvsart

Unread post by Luvsart » Sun May 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Dr Dume

So I suppose the feeling can be different for everyone.
All my family has crossed over, my brothers, my parents, Grand parents etc. I wanted to use my brothers GYD with the vandal root on a love spell, but here's the thing, what if he doesn't like that person for me? We are talking about relatives who loved us and they are protective of us and would want whats best for us. Just a thought that went through my over active mind :lol:

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun May 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Working with spirits, be they the spirits of the dead or otherwise, requires you to have at least some ability or skill in spirit-communication. This can be via divination methods, clairvoyance, etc.

I always suggest developing such skills first and foremost before trying to work with spirits, especially chthonic ones.

AGilpin1
HRCC Student

Unread post by AGilpin1 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:05 am

Ok I have bought graveyard dirt many times and never had any problems or unusual smell.

I went out of town to visit my Grandfather's grave and brought him his favorite Scottish Whiskey, cigar and 3 pennies. I also left 3 new pennies for his mom, my great-grandmother (they are buried together) and everything went fine.

I got home and the dirt really stinks. At first I thought maybe some of the grass in the dirt was making it stink but it does'nt smell like decaying grass. It reminds me of an old trash smell.

The grave was not disturbed in anyway and they both were happy I was there and were fine with me taking the dirt.

I don't know if the smell means a spirit hitched a ride back or if something is wrong with the payment and I have to get new dirt.

Like I said this is the first time I have ever had graveyard dirt smell bad, wet or dry, and a small whiff will give me a headache.

I really do not know if it means something or nothing. Thanks for your time thinking on this for me.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:06 am

I think you have answered your own question. There should be no odd smell -- and if there is, it would seem to indicate that the spirit of something or someone else is attached to it.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

AGilpin1
HRCC Student

Unread post by AGilpin1 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:04 pm

Thank you Cat for confirming my suspicions I thought that was just really weird.
Just a quick update on what I did. I took the dirt to the crossroads to dispose of it. I repaid for the dirt and simply stated that I decided to go another way with my plans. Oh and lucky me I got to wave at the tons of cars that suddenly drove by on my once isolated crossroads!

Angela Marie Horner
AIRR Member

Unread post by Angela Marie Horner » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:11 am

Hi, If I pay for grave dirt with dimes do they have to be mercury dimes? and what uses am I paying for? and do the pennies have to be indian head? (I'm not sure where to pose this question) I was asking so I know how many dimes and pennies to purchase, or if I should get bottles to hold the dirt in instead. Should I dress the coins with the corresponding oils or simply state my intention? I'll read the online book again incase I simply missed the answer I'm looking for.
Lotus Ravyn (Angela)
Blessed Be

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Angela,

As far as I know the coins do not need to be Indian-head pennies or Mercury dimes, though it certainly won't hurt if you decide to use them. You can use one coin, two coins, three coins, or even 9 coins...what feels right to you? Depending on the placement of the coins for payment, you may decide on a certain amount of coins. One for a hole, two for "top" and "bottom" of grave-site, three for triangle, etc, etc.

You are paying for the acquisition and use of the persons graveyard dirt for your work, whatever that may be.

If you would like to store the graveyard dirt in bottles you certainly can! Make sure to dry it out properly first (check back in this very topic for more posts on drying).

Dressing the coins with oils and/or stating your intention is up to you... When my wife and I have done cemetery work we have been respectful, open, receptive, and quiet and there is always a "pull" for us...

I would humbly suggest to you (if you are interested, of course) that perhaps enrolling in the Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course will be a very valuable asset to you in your future work and endeavors. It has been for me.

I hope I helped you... I'm looking forward to others responses to you, as I am certainly not the most learned worker on these boards.

Thank you for the question...it is an important one and I'm glad you decided to ask here first before going and getting the dirt. Very smart!

-Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson

Nighthawk01

Unread post by Nighthawk01 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:06 am

I just want to know something? I am doing a love spell with graveyard dirt. Not much luck yet... Is there one on money with a usage on graveyard dirt? Thanks

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:04 am

Hello Nighthawk01,

There seems to be a fixation on your part with working with graveyard dirt. While working with the spirits of the dead is certainly a huge part of conjure, you need to have the skill to work with such spirits. If you are not garnering results, especially since you've been at this same types of work for a while, then you may simply not have the skill to work with such spirits.

I suggest taking some time learning some more about the tradition and how it works with spirits. Also consider working with other elements of conjure to help your situation(s): candle magic, spiritual baths, sneaky tricks, container spells etc.

You'll find Money Drawing, Wealthy Way, Prosperity, and Money Stay With Me great products to work with for your situation.

zenrez
HRCC Student

Unread post by zenrez » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi Everyone,
I had a question about collecting graveyard dirt from a person who is buried in either a tomb or Mausoleum. How is it done? Just curious.
thanks
Zen

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:52 pm

Take some dirt from outside the tomb. Make sure you pay for it.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:25 am

Also, ZenRez, read further (http://www.luckymojo.com/graveyarddirt.html)

Coastside Conjure
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Coastside Conjure » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:57 pm

I have an odd question.. I have obtained Grave Yard Dirt from the grave of 2 relatives. BUT the reasons why they are buried is due to Suicide over love issues. My question is, would this be a good idea to use in Love Spells since they know the hurt from unrequited love? But Im hesitant to do so considering the negative aspect of their deaths. Any suggestions?
Coastside Conjure, HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator

Emjae

Unread post by Emjae » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:06 am

That is a really interesting question and I would love to see the answer as well. On the one hand they could be more willing to help you in light of their own failed relationships and on the other hand they may be bitter. I would really love to see a more experienced worker reply to this one
Thank you Saint Martha, Saint Jude and Saint Anthony! Words are so small!!!!

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:39 am

i searched for this and didn't find an answer so here it goes
wanna know if in traditional hoodoo, rootworkers usually bury remains (meant to be disposed in the graveyard) at night...
if so, is this 'nigh' meant to be from midnight until dawn or from dusk (before midnight) till dawn
thanks a bunch...

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:51 am

mmm....
very interesting thread..
if i read correctly,

1) people tend to pay with a silver dime when taking graveyard dirt from a spirit...however, to understand...

2) you can either bury something in the graveyard (pay the keeper) or,

3) bury the item in a particular grave (pay the spirit)...

is this correct?

4) for burying something in the grave, i think that the payment is whiskey and three dimes, are these three dimes also buried?

another thing,

5) for rootworkers who usually do graveyard work, do the rootworkers usually stick with one graveyard and go back to it?

6) a lot of the spells state that once you bury something, you should not look back...i wonder if rootworkers go back to the same graveyard later for another graveyard work or look for a different graveyard.... seems counterintuitive to go back to the place you ve buried something but i don't know...

thanks a bunch!

thanks a bunch

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:59 am

Jazzie, you are pretty mixed up on this stuff. I suggest you take the time to either read up on it here:

http://luckymojo.com/graveyarddirt.html

or pay a rootworker such as myself for a half-hour session of magical coaching so that someone can explain it to you. There is a lot more to say, but here are quick answers to your questions:

1) No, usually three coins, not one. Dimes are favoured, but pennies and quarters are common, as are 9 coins. These are family traditions and they vary from family to family.

2) No. In Afro-Caribbean tradition, but not in typical Southern conjure, you may make two payments, one at the gate, one at the grave. Most Americans do not do this.

3) No, you need not bury the offering. It is quite common in the South to lay the coins on the headstone. These are family traditions and they vary from family to family.

4) Whiskey is optional, coins more common, burial more common than not, but absolutely not demanded. These are family traditions and they vary from family to family.

5) Yes, that's pretty typical of those who live in small towns; they'll especially go where their people are buried.

6) You may be having a problem with English. To LOOK BACK is not the same as to GO BACK. To LOOK BACK means to glance back over your shoulder as you leave. The fact that going back to visit your Grandfather again after working with him before seems "counterintuitive" to you signifies that you are not of this culture and have yet to meet and learn from people who are actual practitioners.
catherine yronwode

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:24 pm

the deal with paying the keeper...vs paying the spirit
i asked a rootworker on another hoodoo group about working with the graveyard
and she said that you could either a) bury it in the graveyard and pay the keeper or
bury it in a grave and pay the spirit..
she said those were two options...so i just wanted clarification here bc
reading the posts on graveyard work, i hear about people burying things in the graveyard....
i didn't know if this meant burying it in a particular grave or burying it in just the graveyard..

again, when i asked this...i was told of the two options above...
but..something told me that this was off, so i decided to ask in the forum...

i think that mama starr, says about paying both the keeper and grave...
thanks a bunch...cat

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:46 pm

Jazzie, Miss cat is trying to tell you that these traditions are family traditions that vary from people to people. You'll find that Afro-Carribean workers along with some of the conjure doctors in Georgia refer to a keeper of a graveyard. However conjure doctors in Mississippi for example wouldn't know what you were talking about if you asked about a keeper of the graveyard.

The point is that such traditions vary from family to family and region to region.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Love Potion No 9, those specific spirits may be good for a type of intranqulity working, or coercive love work, but I am not sure if I would use such a spirit for love work. You can also get a reading to find out what the results would be if you worked with them.

Coastside Conjure
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Coastside Conjure » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Thank You Again ConjureMan... I will do that!
Coastside Conjure, HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:10 pm

thank you conjureman,
got it

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:39 pm

jazzie, just a note on what i said earlier,

Momma Starr is an initiate of an Afro-Caribbean religion (Santeria) and her work is strongly influenced by those culturally distinct ways of working. In her religion, there is a goddess named Oya who is the keeper of cemeteries.

However, as Ali said, there is no such goddess in Protestant Christianity and therefore it would be unlikely to find a Mississippi root doctor who believed that there was a "gatekeeper" to pay, and so they would only pay the spirit of the grave. In Oakland, California in the 1960s i was never told about a gatekeeper -- and most of my teachers were from Mississippi.

As cultures blend and change, traditions tend to change too, but, you know, it's like figuring out which part of Mexico someone is from by the way they make their tacos -- and believe me, there is more than one way to make tacos!
catherine yronwode

tenorio

Unread post by tenorio » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:29 am

Two questions about the graveyard dirt love spell:

1. Should the petition you're writing on the green paper be anything else in addition to the person's name, or just the name?

2. Should personal concerns of the person be added to the packet?

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:18 am

thanks cat

now, is this true?

in another hoodoo forum, a rootworker wrote that working with spirits/dead other than your ancestors is extremely dangerous...

and that one should work almost (only) with the graves of your ancestors...
it was mentioned that working with dead that you do not know could allow the dead to harm you and your loved ones..
and even doing something like this, one should have many years of experience...

this worried me because at least, in this forum, although ive read you need to be careful, working with the dead other than your ancestors has never been portrayed as a life-death matter by folks here

i mean, those who seem to be asking for help about crossing, bury stuff in the graveyard...just like that....
and then cleanse themselves and voila...

so, does this perspective differ from rootoworker to rootworker?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:49 am

jazzie, your question touches on cultural issues that are NOT a matter of beliefs varying "from rootworker to rootworker."

Each culture has certain attitudes about the dead that differ from other cultures. Fear of the dead is not common in central African folk magic, and central African folk magic forms the core of African American hoodoo. Fear of contamination by touching the dead or their artifacts can be found in some Native American cultures (but not all), and . Fear of cemetery spirits can be found in some European cultures -- but not in all of them.

As i have been trying to convey to you all along (and you still do not seem to understand, which is becoming frustrating to me) these beliefs are CULTURAL issues, not mere matters of individual variation.

There is a MAJORITY CULTURE that has developed conjure and hoodoo, and that culture is SOUTHERN AFRICAN AMERICAN RURAL FOLK CULTURE.

Any admixtures of belief contributed to that culture by people from other cultures (e.g Caribbean immigrants, white neighbors of Irish descent, Llewellyn book authors, Hollywood film writers, etc.) are MINORITY CULTURE CONTRIBUTIONS.

Minority cultural contributions may be of interest when researching the demographics of a particular form of folk magic and noting its widening distribution in modern society, but studying these minority contributions to a large and well-entrenched cultural complex will not help you understand the culture itself.

It would be like learning how to play rural acoustic blues by listening to a bunch of urban English bands performing cover songs in the 1960s.

It would be like learning to cook Mexican food by ordering tacos at Jack In The Box and trying to recreate them in your own home without ever having met a Mexican person.

It would be like ... well, like trying to learn about conjure by reading the opinions of a bunch of white women in the Yahoo group "Hoodoo In Texas."

You have two basic choices here:

1) Either study root doctoring with someone who comes from a family lineage of African American root doctors in the South and then accept as truth all the beliefs of that lineage (which may differ from other lineages) or

2) study a SURVEY COURSE that covers the many variations found among traditional African American practitioners whose families come from the South (not Santeria adherents, not Palo priests, not Jamaica Obea teachers, not cobbled-together Voodoo-Hoodoo-Thelemites) and accept that MAJORITY CULTURE view, with known and identifiable variants.

If you take my course, which is a survey course, of the type identified above at (2), you will find an entire chapter on dealing with the "friendly dead" versus the "uncanny dead" on the basis of MAJORITY and MINORITY cultural norms.

I cannot help you more than this at the present time because until you take a scholarly and culture-based approach to this question, and refrain from asking me which "rules" are "true," you will not understand what i am talking about.
catherine yronwode

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:12 pm

Those are great points, Miss cat; I think they should be added to a corpus on graveyard work.

While there are variations from region to region according to minority influences, you will find that working with spirits is never taken lightly. This is spirit-led work, but people jump into as if it were a game, or a forumla they needed to follow. In my opinion these people will run into trouble. Not all spirits are friendly and this goes for spirits of the dead. Like all spiritual practices, working with the dead involves actually emersing yourself in the study of the tradition and its culture which as Miss cat pointed out does not come from a fearful dead perspective. As such, while working with the dead is not taken lightly in conjure, neither is it approached in a scared and timid fashion for graveyard work forms one of the central aspects of hoodoo.

So like all aspects of hoodoo, approach this with respect, open yourself to be spirit-led not internet-ed, and emerse yourself in the cultural matrix of hoodoo, for the two cannot be separated.

DocPennyroyal
Newly Registered

Unread post by DocPennyroyal » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:59 am

Hello friends and elders,

A dear friend of mine would like to collect the graveyard dirt of his cousin. However, said cousin is entombed in a New Orleans cemetery and as you probably know there is no dirt to speak of. How have New Orleanians traditionally circumnavigated this issue?

Advice would be appreciated and implemented.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:00 pm

This is not a question that has anything to do with New Orleans per se. Mausoleum burials are found throughout the United States.

Basically, when a person is entombed in a mausoleum, one either takes scrapings from the stones or mortar of the mausoleaum building or collects the dirt from around the base of the mausoleum.
catherine yronwode

cassie22

Unread post by cassie22 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:25 pm

I am getting ready to do the graveyard dirt spell but I was reading that in order for this spell to continue you must continue to work it. What would that entail. Do I continue it every so often, every month. Do I have to get new materials everytime? I looked at several of the threads and did not find this information. I have read that people have had successful results with this and am hoping that I too will have succes with this spell.

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:31 pm

There are more than one way to use graveyard dirt so you might want to add what kind of spell you are considering?
Forum Moderator - Author - Specialist in Swedish Trolldom - AIRR Member - HRCC G-A #0321

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:41 pm

cassie22 -- Graveyard dirt is dirt that connects you to a spirit -- and, as Dr. Jonannes says, it can be used in many types of spells, including protection, money-drawing, love-drawing, and cursing. There is no one graveyard dirt spell. Give us some more information and we ill try to help you more, okay?

MIN-GRA-DIRT
Graveyard Dirt
$4.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

cassie22

Unread post by cassie22 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:29 am

I want to use it for a love spell. I have a grandfather that passed away when I was a child, but we were very close and his death was very hard for me, especially since he was the only person that I was close to that died when I was so young. I am separated from my ex and would like to have a relationship back with them. I Would use the graveyard dirt spell with vandal root, graveyard dirt from my grandfather, and the green paper and place under my bed. However when I read through the forum it said it only works as long as you continue to work it. That's where I was stumped.

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:36 pm

This spell is not among the most common so there is not much to say about it except that your should not make a cake if you do not like the recipe. There are plenty of other ways that does involve asking your grandfather about it rather than assuming he thinks this ex. is the best choice for you and likes to be mixed with Vandal root. Use divination or direct communication to talk to him about it.
If he does not agree you should NOT use his dirt. He might love you too much to have you back together with an ex.etc.
Forum Moderator - Author - Specialist in Swedish Trolldom - AIRR Member - HRCC G-A #0321

hakeem5

Unread post by hakeem5 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:34 am

Man, let me be the first to say i have studied all the threads on here. i googled working with graveyard dirt. i read thousands of pages before i even worked up the balls to try this thing.(*shaking my head*) So, days ago, after careful thought and soul searching my true intentions, i decided this was the best spell for me and my situation. So, i'll start from the beginning; i found and located my families cemetery plot. At the particular site the grave has two of my loved ones placed right on top of one another.

Well let me start by saying before i entered the cemetery i got out the car, turned around 3 times to get any spirits off of me that may been attached, then i went in. i went to the grave. i had to estimate from the cemetery workers assistance and my memory of where the casket was in the ground. Once the worker was out of eye sight i started the ritual.

In this grave i'm working with is my great grandmother and my regular grandmother, two people who i loved and who loved me dearly in life.

First i circled the area to keep out bad spirits and then i estimated where the heart would be located at. Then i closed my eyes and i started to try and feel where their hearts were. i feel drawn to a small area and i pinpointed it. i stated my intentions and my offerings for their services and the dirt.

Since its two of them i brought them both offerings. i brought a miniature Crown Royal for my great grand. and a miniature vodka for my mothers mother. These were both their favorite drinks in life so they held meaning. At the spot i felt their heart was, i dug up a hole big enough to fit both of the small bottles in. i spoke my intentions and asked for their assistance in getting my girl back and then i place the drinks inside the hole. After i took two hand fulls of dirt out and put it in a Ziplock bag. i also brought two dozen of roses for them both individually. so i brought 4 things total. After i gather it, i sat for a minute and spoke with them. I cried a little and then left.

i've been so anxious to get my girl back i went right to work after i left. Before i left the cemetery i again turned around 3 times to rid myself of any spirits and i left the cemetery in the opposite direction in which i came! i took all precautions i could. i went home.

Once home i meticulously BY HAND sifted through the dirt removing all impurities. i went through that dirt with a magnifying glass, man. i mean three or four times. When i was done it was clean soil. Then i put it on wax paper and put it in the oven to dry.

i was so tired from the days work. i was sleepy and i noticed it would take some time to dry the dirt, so i went to sleep and when i woke up the dirt was dry in the oven. I DID NOT COOK it, as i read heating it up in the oven would make it less powerful.

Once it was dry i cut a circle out of an emerald green construction paper (emerald green is my granmothers favorite color and the spell called for green anyway so this was good). Inside the center of the paper i wrote her name in red and mine overtop of it in blue. i put the vandal root on top of it and a small portion of the dirt on top of it all. Then i folded the paper up. Each side i folded inward toward me and i put it under my bed. i made sure it was my bed i purchased.

Because since my bed (i own) is at another location i didn't put it under the couch i'm currently sleeping on in my apt. i put it under my bed. This was two days ago. Two days!! NOTHING HAS HAPPENED. AT ALL. WELL... i've been staying at the house were my bed is located at (because i actually wanted to SLEEP on the bed my spell is under) and since i've been here i found out my aunt talked to her on the phone a day after thanksgiving. i did not know about that... Nothin big though. She just brought my apt keys to my aunt because she asked... nothing to get excited about at all.

Then yesterday my best friend bumped into my girl at the club.... so he knowing how down i am went and spoke on my behalf. As he reported to me she was strong in her decision and stated it was over. She gave him reasons why she would not come back, further reaffirming to me that this does not work. (*shaking my head*)

So what did i do?

i did the spell all over again. this time i used all of the vandal root and all of the dirt in a even bigger piece of paper. this time i wrote both of our names parallel to one another and i placed it under my bed next to the first one.
Let me tell you --- my room smells like ass! That vandal root is strong!

Still to no avail. No phone call, no text, no e mail --- no nothing. As a matter of fact since i cast the spell, nothing has happened at all. WTF! i'm going crazy man. i done did all this and nothing has happened.

i feel so ashamed i did that to my grannies grave...

(edited by Joseph Magnuson for clarity, punctuation, & grammar)

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:59 pm

Well, it's been 3 days? That's not much time at all for your work to manifest. Magic is not an instant thing - it takes time to take hold.
And reconciliation work is some of the hardest and trickiest work to accomplish.

I don't think it was necessary to repeat the whole work like that - MORE herbs and MORE dirt are not going to be any more effective than the original pinch. More does not equal better/faster/stronger. I would keep faith in the work that you're doing - and keep communicating with your grandmother about it. (Did you do a divination beforehand to find out if she was willing to work with you on this? If not, there's a chance that your Grandmother simply does not think this girl is right for you and is not working for you.)

I would also work some Reconciliation on this - either through candles being set on your behalf, or by working the Reconciliation spell kit &/or honey jar. That will compliment the spirit work that you're attempting.

Also, if you haven't had a reading and rootwork consultation with an AIRR worker on this case, I suggest that you do so so that you can get some spiritual and objective insight into the situation, as well as a professional advice on how best to proceed.

Be patient. Keep working.

You freaking out after no result after only 48 hours is only working against yourself by putting doubt and worry and fear into things.

A good rule of thumb for conjure is that if a work is going to be successful, you'll see signs in 3 days, positive movement within 3 weeks, with your final result within 3 months. So as you can see, you're VERY early into things. Be patient. Keep working.

Best of Luck.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:03 pm

In those thousdans of pages you should have also read some of the introductions to conjure and working with prayers and spells. These things take time. You cannot expect that within a day or two that you'd get that person back. The spirit you've enlisted to help you is an ally that, if they agree, will go and work on that person and attempt to sway them to return to you or come to you.

Given that, you simply need to do the work and walk away with confidence and faith. If you trust your grandmother and great grandmother know that they will do what is right for you.

hakeem5

Unread post by hakeem5 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:14 am

Listen to me man; since i did that spell a couple days ago things have gotten worse. Like not even a slight good sign. She is so angry at me, she's so against me. I've spent all my money and i cant pay my bills. i'm about to lose my apartment and my world is spiraling downward. i sent her a text yesterday and called her crying. i broke down and i have a real hard time with coping. it just annoyed her. she didn't respond at all --- in fact she went and brought a new car. i called her family asking for help and they said move on, that she isn't worried about me. After all that work i did? Not a single good sign at all?

How am i supposed to know if my grandmothers agree with helping me? if i would have found that out before hand i probably wouldn't have did it. The first two days i did walk away with confidence. This spell is supposed to be very strong, so i had faith. Now i'm losing it! The only thing that it has done is be strong against me! I talked to my friend who is into wicca, she said i shouldn't have dabbled in something i knew nothing of and she said she would help undo the crap i created.

What should i do? i want the woman back in my life. i have no more money to spend to keep buying items for root work in all. i'm going to psychologist and all now behind this. i'm really sad and worried. what if it back fired and this is the result; me being miserable like this? i still have both green packets under my bed. It still stinks. i still cry everyday. She still is moving on.

3 days.... yeah i got a sign alright! 3 weeks... i may not make it that long, 3 months.... i cant fathom waiting that long. following those signs i guess its not going to work.

(*shaking my head*) i'm so stuck. i'm so afraid. i have another spell i was gonna do before the graveyard dirt spell. its a spell that calls for writing our names on parchment paper, putting together a red and blue string and burning it on both sides.

i did not do this spell because of how potent this graveyard spell is supposed to be...but to no avail. This has effected my life in a way i never thought.

Can someone please recommend something to me? Something that will yield real results? Should i use the parchment paper to do a reconciliation spell?
As hard as i try, i fill my heart up with hope and confidence about my work, but NOTHING EVER HAPPENS FROM IT!!! Nothing... i'm really about to give up all together. Another thing: no one i meet will do it for me, not even for money. It's nothing i can do to draw this woman back to me. How can i be hopeful when all the signs are hopeless?

i'm thinking about taking one of the packets and putting one under my couch in my apt. (that i'm about to lose) --- maybe that will help.

Come on y'all, this is supposed to be the place were the experts converse.

(edited by Joseph Magnuson for clarity, punctuation, & grammar)

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:14 am

Perhaps you are not skilled in doing spells like this. It can take years of study and practice to be truly successful in all areas of magic and conjure. Perhaps, as you suggest, someone else should do the work for you. You say no one will do this work for you, though. Have you talked to an AIRR member and asked for help? Is there something additional that you are leaving out of your story that would make a worker not want to take on your case? Many workers will not do work for someone that they have observed/divined will work against themselves and against the very work needed for the case.

You say "this is supposed to be the place w(h)ere the experts converse" in a way that seems like you are disappointed in us and our previous advice. Conjureman Ali and Devi Spring both Know Their Stuff and have given you some advice, for free and from their hearts.

AIRR Main Page: --- http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/A ... ootworkers
AIRR About Page: --- http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/A ... ootworkers
Joseph Magnuson

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:22 am

From some of your statements above, I'm wondering if you are actually in a state of crisis in which you might hurt yourself? If so, you need to get help for yourself and get yourself stable. That should be your number one priority.

You've had two experienced practitioners respond to you and tell you basically the same thing: these things take time (it's still only been 5 days), and you need to calm down and have faith.

I can tell from your post that you are in a very volatile state of mind, and unfortunately that's not a good place to work conjure from. You're filled with fear and panic and sorrow and pain and desparation and doubt and worry - all things that will just weaken your work. You're holding on so tight and scrutinizing every little thing that does or does not happen, that you're not leaving any room for Spirit to work even if Spirit *is* trying to work for you.

Don't sabotage yourself by making panicked phone calls to your ex, or texting her repeatedly. That's only going to make the situation worse if she is mad with you from the break-up. You need to take control of yourself before you can have a chance of taking hold of the situation at large. When people get into the emotional crisis state, that's the time when it's best to let a professional work on your behalf - because they will be able to have the focus and skill when you are unable to. I would suggest you do some cleansing baths to try and rid yourself of some of the heavy energy around you, and to give you a measure of peace and calm - and really try to relax as much as possible and just let go and let God and your grandmother work this thing out.

But you also need to realize that sometimes God just says "no", and when that's the case there's nothing that anyone can do about that. Magic is not an instant fix, and it is never guaranteed to work - if Spirit won't back you up, then that is just that. As ConjureMan Ali said, at this point you just have to trust that your grandmother will do what's right for you. And sometimes what is right for us, is not what we want in the moment. Moving the packets around is not going to change anything. Just try to have faith that things are working themselves out in the way that it should.

Now, you mention that you are broke and facing eviction and so can't spend any more money on conjure. THAT situationshould be the much larger priority for you. Having a roof over your head and food in your belly is the most important thing here. You should put your energy into getting a measure of financial stability.

In fact, you may wish to put yourself on the prayer list at the Crystal Silence League so that you can have a whole network of people praying for your emotional well being and financial security during your difficult time. http://crystalsilenceleague.org/

Take care of YOURSELF first here. I absolutely understand that you are in pain, but it will be the best thing for everyone involved in the situation, and for the resolution of the situation itself if you are stable and safe first and foremost.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:30 pm

Well, hakeem by your own words you are obviously very new to this work. You decided to headline straight for graveyard work assuming it is some how more powerful than other types of work. That is your first mistake. Conjure is not a mechanical act where you put this together with that and suddenly you have a cake. It is a spiritual art that require skill, focus, and concentration.

You ask how you should know if your spirit helpers would be willing to help you before you did the work. That *is* an essential pre-requisite for doing any type of graveyard work. We don't just pick up dirt and expect it to help us. We commune with a spirit, gain its acceptance and willingness to help us, then we employ that spirit towards a goal. Again, you need to have the skill to communicate with spirits before you jump into something like graveyard work. Also, depending on the situation it may take a variety of approaches rather than just one spell.

Second, no spell is surefire, and certainly not after a few days. In all frankness your own anxiety and emotional state is going to be trouble for you. You may think that your work made things worse, but to be honest you made a common, but very practical mistake. You reached out to her crying and desperate. No offense intended, but this was your mistake. No matter how tough things are if you and someone just broke up, calling them in that state is a turn-off. The key to true reconciliation work is one part healing and one part seduction. You heal the wounds that caused the relationship to dissolve, and you help remind them of why they were attracted to you in the first place.

Third, it seems like you have more important things to worry about than a woman. Spend your time getting your life together, securing your finances, and also stablizing yourself emotionally so you can handle the rockiness of a reconciliation. You cannot draw someone back if your own life is on the rocks. You have work from a position of power, confidence, and stability. Where right now is not either of these. I understand you are going through a tough time, but seek out emotional counselling, focus on yourself, and get your life back on track before you go out trying to get her back. You owe it yourself to be in a better place.

Finally, you say you had confidence, but it lasted a couple of days. That isn't confidence. You waited a few days then because she hadn't given you the sign you wanted (which is not how signs work anyway) you panicked and now continue in this state. This is not the unshakable confidence the yields results in conjure. Now youre in a state of depression and self-defeat where your are shouting that everything you do does not work. How do you expect to alter the world around you if you are in that mindset? I know you have good cause to be upset and am sorry for your pain, but until you are in a better place emotionally you are going to have troubles with this work.

So you want my exeprt opinion, there it is. Your case has not produced results because you lacked a good foundation in doing this type of work, jumped to a work that was beyond your natural ability, then in an emotional moment you acted contrary to the purpose reconciliation, blamed the results on your spiritual work and therefore continue to sabotage your efforts.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and wish you the best.

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:26 am

hakeem5

I am sorry to hear of your suffering and I am not surprised you have not had any success in your present love work.
The problem is the state you are in. To do something successfully using magic you need to be able to detatch yourself, man. You can not dance if your feet are stuck and fighting it will only add frustration. Love hurts when it breaks and trying to get a date or someone back when bleeding from the chest is just not good for anyone.
So what would be successful for you to do? You mourn like hell and get some rest in between. If you want some things to help you through this you get Chinese Wash and Buffalo Ammonia and wash out all those bad feelings out of your house. You make a Honeyjar and add Hyssop and a strand of your hair for you to be sweet on yourself during this whole thing. You sprinkle Majoram in the bedroom each night and clean it up each morning.
When the sorrow has passed into stage of calmly depressed longing you go on by writing down all the things you loved about your partner. When you have it all you go on to use Black Walnuts in a bath and Cut N Clear products to rid yourself of the longing feelings. Longing will not help you draw the ex back anyway.
Some fear Cut and Clear will cut away the beloved all by itself, but this is not true. It will only help removing old feelings and thoughts. These are often even hindering reconsiliation since they contain the reasons why the ex. left. Get rid of it and you increase you chances to be successful in drawing both the ex or a completely new partner to you.
These are the things you might be successful in doing yourself, Hakeem.
So don´t fight mourning, accept the broken love and your immanent need of sorrow if you want any chance of getting her back in the future.
Get it out and be healed.

hakeem5

Unread post by hakeem5 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:56 am

o.k. so its the 17 and i just got out of a mental institution. yes a danm mental ward. smh. man. ican believe what has transpired in my life sence i started all of this. im on meds now. they had me in there for 4 days man. needless to say she still hasnt came back. i have my apt back. i didnt loose job, but i struggle to find the strength to work.

being in that place was the hardest thing ever.smh. i got rid of the dirt from under my bed be fore i went in there. both packs i took them and through em out in a vacant alley way. along with all my other majic stuff i brought. but be fore i did i did a reconsolodation spell with parch ment paper burning on each end. hoping this may aid in her coming back. smh. while i was in there she didnt call not one time. not one time. smh.

i got it together just enough to get out of the spyc ward and now im home and i still feel the same way again. will someone do some work for me if i come up with some money. i heard what u all said trust me i did. but i just really need her back in my life and im willing to danm near sell my soul to do it. it has to be a way.

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:11 pm

Hakeem:

You are NOT in the best and highest state to be doing any kind of love magic right now. You really need to focus on healing and cleansing yourself, or hiring a rootworker to cleanse and do healing work for you.

Please look at the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers page and pick a rootworker who specializes in healing and cleansing:

http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... ranquility

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:49 am

Hakeem5 - The soul is an overvalued commodity that will not be enough to get her back.
You assume that casting love spells on your ex. without taking care of yourself will work. Somehow. "There must be a way", right?
Then read and re-read the posts above and see that there IS a way. It just does not look like you assumed it to look or like you imagine it to look. Ignoring to walk on the path described by those who know the path will result in you staying permanently stuck and dreaming about imaginary steps.

markx

Unread post by markx » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 am

Hi

With the graveyard dirt love spell, it says to put both your names on the paper.

Should I just write them normally, or cross them? coloured ink?

Any advice would be great thanks.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:12 pm

I would cross them...red ink is appropriate for love spells.

markx

Unread post by markx » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:53 am

Near me is the site of an ancient Roman battle, would this earth be strong to use as oppose to graveyard dirt, since so many died there?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:17 am

This forum is here to help people chose and use LuckyMojo spiritual supply's in the hoodoo tradition, it is not a general occult, rootwork or magic forum, so I believe your question is off topic.
HRCC Student #1559

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”